Unrepentant | DOCTOR WHO [ON...

De theunstableoriginal

Unrepentant: (adj.) showing no regret for one's wrongdoings Or in which a 1,026-year-old Original vampire is... Mai multe

PROLOGUE
CAST
one | smith and jones
two | the shakespeare code
three | gridlock
four | daleks in manhattan
five | evolution of the daleks
six | the lazarus experiment
seven | 42
eight | human nature
nine | the family of blood
ten | blink
eleven | utopia
twelve | the sound of drums
thirteen | last of the time lords
fourteen | Christmas Special 2007: Voyage of the Damned
fifteen | partners in crime
sixteen | the fires of pompeii
seventeen | planet of the ood
eighteen | the sontaran stratagem
nineteen | the poison sky
twenty | the doctor's daughter
twenty one | the unicorn and the wasp
twenty two | silence in the library
twenty three | forest of the dead
twenty four | midnight
twenty five | turn left
twenty six | the stolen earth
twenty seven | journey's end
twenty eight | christmas special 2008: the next doctor
twenty nine | special 2009: planet of the dead
thirty | special 2009: the waters of mars
thirty one | christmas special 2009: the end of time part 1
thirty two | christmas special 2009: the end of time part 2
thirty three | victory of the daleks
thirty four | the time of angels
thirty five | flesh and stone
thirty six | the vampires of venice
thirty seven | amy's choice
thirty eight | the hungry earth
thirty nine | cold blood
forty | vincent and the doctor
forty one | the lodger
forty two | the pandorica opens
forty three | the big bang
forty four | the impossible astronaut
forty five | day of the moon
forty six | a good man goes to war
forty seven | let's kill hitler
forty eight | the god complex
forty nine | asylum of the daleks
fifty | dinosaurs on a spaceship
fifty one | a town called mercy
fifty two | the power of three
fifty two | the angels take manhattan
fifty three | nightmare in silver
fifty four | the name of the doctor
info about the ocs

fifty five | 50th anniversary special: the day of the doctor

377 6 1
De theunstableoriginal

With her eyebrows raised and her head tilted just a bit to the side, Annabelle watched as Clara Oswald drove her bike into the TARDIS.

Her three friends– Joseph Valentine, Kai Parker and Dorothy Sullivan– were all quietly talking amongst one another about how seemingly different Annabelle was whenever she was traveling with the Doctor, compared to how she was in New Orleans prior to them being picked up by him.

Then there was the Doctor, who wore on his face the glasses of Amy Pond, as he read the Advanced Quantum Mechanics book that he was holding on one of his two hands.

It wasn't until Clara had taken the helmet off of herself with a mere shake of her head that the Doctor said to her, "Draught." After the doors to the TARDIS had closed with a mere snap of Clara's fingers, the Doctor closed the book that he was reading from and asked Clara, "Fancy a week in Ancient Mesopotamia, followed by future Mars?"

While the Doctor started to stand up on his feet, Clara asked him, "Will there be cocktails?"

After taking off Amy's old pair of reading glasses, the Doctor said, "On the Moon."

With a slight turn of her head, Clara said to him, "The Moon'll do."

Then– after the both of them had let out laughs– both Clara and the Doctor had quickly wrapped their arms around one another before the Doctor had started to repeatedly spin himself and Clara around into circles near the controls of the TARDIS.

It wasn't until after the Doctor had put Clara back down onto the floor that he asked her, "How's the new job? Teach anything good?"

With a shake of her head, Clara said to him, "No. Learn anything?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Not a thing."

Then– after they'd hit their hands against one another– a clank was heard, followed shortly by the whirring of the TARDIS.

After the six of them had looked up at the ceiling of the TARDIS, Clara asked the Doctor, "What's happening?"

The Doctor said, "Whoa, whoa. We're taking off. But the engines aren't going."

It was then that Annabelle and her three friends could hear the voice of a man say from the outside of the TARDIS, "Wait for it to level, Greyhound leader. Blue Eagle is airborne and ready to receive. We're on our way."

It wasn't long after those words were heard by the four supernatural beings that the Doctor had started to mess around with the controls.

* * *

While Kai, Dorothy and Joseph each closely stood behind the Doctor and stared down at the ground that they were getting further and further away from, both Annabelle and Kai immediately recognized the voice of Kate Stewart, who could be heard saying from the other end of the phone call, "Doctor, hello. We found the TARDIS in a field. I'm having it brought in."

The Doctor yelled, "No kidding!"

Then Kate asked him, "Where are you?"

Instead of verbally responding to her question, the Doctor quickly raised the phone that he was holding onto high above himself.

Upon hearing the whirling blades of the helicopter, Kate said into the phone, "Oh, my God. Oh, Doctor, I'm so sorry. We had no idea you were still in there." Then she said to someone else, "Come on."

Then the same voice from before said, "Roger. New heading. 2-7-0. Changing course."

Then the Doctor had proceeded to let out a scream as he fell out of the TARDIS before somehow managing to keep his legs inside of the TARDIS, while the top half of himself was practically lying upside-down from the outside of the TARDIS.

After the Doctor had ended up letting go of the phone in the process, Clara said, "Doctor?"

After both Annabelle and Clara had made it to one of the doors to the TARDIS and saw how he was basically hanging on the outside of it, Kate asked, "Doctor, can you hear me?" After the Doctor yelled 'ow', Kate said, "I don't think he can hear me."

It was then that the Doctor grabbed onto the phone once more and yelled into it, "Next time, would it kill you to knock?!"

Kate told him, "I'm having you taken directly to the scene." When she didn't hear a response from him, she said to him, "Doctor, hello. Are you okay?"

Then the Doctor said into the phone, "I'm just going to bung you on hold."

Then– after practically tossing the phone aside– the Doctor started to let out even more yells when he found himself actually holding onto the bottom of the TARDIS in his own attempt to keep him from falling to his own death.

And while they continued to be taken to the apparent scene that Kate Stewart was talking about, Dorothy turned to Annabelle and asked her, "Does he need help getting back inside of the TARDIS?"

With a wave of her hand, Annabelle said, "No, he'll be fine. He's dealt with far worse than simply hanging from the bottom of his own spaceship."

In turn, Dorothy said to her, "Huh."

And while Joseph only looked between Annabelle and Dorothy with furrowed eyebrows, Kai simply chuckled to himself as he listened to the Doctor's continuous yelling.

* * *

After the Doctor had landed onto the ground that stood beneath the TARDIS, one of the guards yelled, "Attention!"

After the Doctor had raised an arm and saluted at Kate Stewart, he asked himself, "Why am I saluting?"

After taking a single step forward, Kate said, "Doctor. As Chief Scientific Officer, may I extend the official apologies of UNIT..."

While Clara and the four supernatural beings had stepped out of the TARDIS, the Doctor said, "Kate Lethbridge-Stewart, a word to the wise. As I'm sure your father would have told you, I don't like being picked up."

Then– with a nod of her head– Clara said, "That probably sounded better in his head."

While Annabelle and Kai had both chuckled to themselves in response to Clara's words, Kate told the Doctor, "I'm acting on instructions direct from the throne." After being handed an envelope by the woman that stood right beside her, she said, "Sealed orders from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the First."

Then Annabelle turned to the Doctor and asked, "Wouldn't that be the very same queen that wanted both of our heads after our encounter with the Carrionites?"

While the Doctor had simply nodded his head in response to her question, Clara asked, "The Queen? The First? Sorry, Elizabeth the First?"

Then Kate said, "Her credentials are inside." After the Doctor had started to reach a hand into the envelope, Kate pointed behind herself and said to him, "No, inside."

After a couple seconds of silence, the Doctor pointed a finger at the woman who was wearing glasses and said to her, "Nice scarf."

After Clara and the four supernatural beings had already started to walk after the Doctor, Kate asked the woman wearing the scarf, "What's our cover story for this?"

The woman replied, "Um, Derren Brown."

In turn, Kate asked her, "Again?"

The woman told her, "Oh, we sent him flowers."

* * *

While the six of them had walked through the building, Clara looked between Annabelle and the Doctor as she asked the Doctor, "Did you know her? Did you and Annabelle actually know here? Elizabeth the First?"

The Doctor said to her, "Unified Intelligence Task Force."

In turn, Clara said to him, "Sorry?"

The Doctor told her, "This lot. UNIT. They investigate alien stuff. Anything alien."

Clara replied, "What, like you?"

The Doctor said to her, "I work for them."

Then Clara asked him, "You have a job?"

In turn, the Doctor asked her, "Why shouldn't I have a job? I'd be brilliant at having a job."

While Kai had only snorted to himself in response to the Doctor's words, Clara said to the Doctor, "You don't have a job."

The Doctor replied, "I do. This is my job. I'm doing it now."

Clara said to him, "You never have a job."

The Doctor said to her, "I do! I do." Then he turned to Annabelle and said to her, "Tell her, Annabelle. Tell her that I have a job, and this is my job."

When Annabelle only chuckled to herself in response to his words, the Doctor simply let out a sigh, just before the six of them had stopped in front of a covered painting.

It wasn't long afterwards that the piece of cloth was pulled off of it to reveal– what looked like– the painting of an apparent city that was engulfed in flames.

It was then that Kate said to them, "Elizabeth's credentials, Doctor."

Then Clara said, "But... But that's not possible."

In turn, the Doctor said, "'No more'."

Kate told him, "That's the title."

The Doctor replied, "I know the title."

Then Kate said to him, "Also known as Gallifrey Falls."

While Annabelle had only sighed in response to Kate's words, the Doctor said, "This painting doesn't belong here. Not in this time or place."

In turn, Clara said to him, "Obviously."

Then the Doctor said, "It's the fall of Arcadia, Gallifrey's second city."

Clara asked him, "But how is it doing that? How is that possible?" As she took a couple of steps forward, she said, "It's an oil painting... in 3D."

While Annabelle only silently eyed the painting of the Dalek ships with a frown on her face, the Doctor said, "Time Lord art. Bigger on the inside. A slice of real time, frozen."

While Dorothy and Joseph had looked between the painting, Annabelle and the Doctor with furrowed eyebrows, Kate said, "Elizabeth told us where to find it, and its significance."

It was then that Clara asked the Doctor, "You okay?"

The Doctor said to Clara, "He was there."

Clara asked him, "Who was?"

The Doctor replied, "Me. The other me. The one I don't talk about."

In turn, Clara said to him, "I don't understand."

With a shake of his head, the Doctor said, "I've had many faces. Many lives. Some of which Annabelle herself has seen during the centuries in which she's known me. I don't admit to all of them. There's one life I've tried very hard to forget. He was the Doctor who fought in the Time War, and that was the day he did it. The day I did it. The day he killed them all. The last day of the Time War, the war to end all wars between my people and the Daleks. And in that battle, there was a man with more blood on his hands than any other. A man who would commit a crime that would silence the universe. And that man was me."

* * *

While the one-thousand and thirty-eight-year-old Annabelle Mikaelson simply grabbed onto one of the Doctor's hands without so much as saying a single word to him, Clara said, "But the Time War's over. Why have you brought us here to look at a painting?"

Kate told her, "Well, the painting only serves as Elizabeth's credentials, proof that the letter is from her. It's not why you're here."

It was then that– after one of his two hands had been released by Annabelle– the Doctor opened the envelope and read the paper that said, "My dearest love, I hope the painting known as Gallifrey Falls will serve as proof that it is your Elizabeth who writes to you now. You will recall that you pledged yourself to the safety of my kingdom. In this capacity, I have appointed you as curator of the Under-Gallery, where deadly danger to England is locked away. Should any disturbance occur within its walls, it is my wish that you be summoned. Godspeed, gentle husband."

After turning his attention away from the letter and onto Kate, the Doctor asked her, "What happened?"

With a nod of her head, Kate said to him, "Easier to show you."

* * *

After they found themselves standing in front of yet another painting, Clara asked the Doctor, "Elizabeth I? You knew her, then? Both you and Annabelle?"

While Annabelle only sighed to herself as she stared at the painted face of the Doctor's previous incarnation, the Doctor said, "A long time ago."

* * *

England, 1562

With her head resting onto the Doctor's chest, Queen Elizabeth I said, "Tell me, Doctor, why I'm wasting my time on you. I have wars to plan."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "You have a picnic to eat."

Queen Elizabeth I replied, "You could help me."

As he went to feed her a piece of fruit, the Doctor told her, "Well, I'm helping you eat the picnic."

With a slight raise of her head, she said to him, "But you have a stomach for war. This face has seen conflict. It's clear as day."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Oh, I've seen conflict like you wouldn't believe. But it wasn't this face." Then– as he went to stand up onto his feet– he said, "But never mind that, Your Majesty! Up on your feet. Hup!"

While the Doctor held out his hands towards her, she said to him, "How dare you? I'm the Queen of England."

As he pulled her up onto her feet, the Doctor said to her, "I'm not English. My friend Annabelle is. Well, she's a Viking through her father, but she does speak English." When Queen Elizabeth I had only blinked at him, he got down onto one of his knees and continued to hold onto one of her hands as he asked her, "Elizabeth, will you marry me?"

With a grin on her face and a mere shake of her head, she said to him, "Oh, my dear sweet love, of course I will."

It wasn't until she had gone to grab him that the Doctor quickly stood up and said, "Ah! Gotcha!"

In turn, she said to him, "My love?"

The Doctor said to her, "One, the real Elizabeth would never have accepted my marriage proposal. Two, the real Elizabeth would notice when I just casually mention having a different face. But then, the real Elizabeth isn't a shape-shifting alien from outer space." Then– after pulling a device out of his coat– he said, "And... ding."

She asked him, "What's that?"

The Doctor replied, "It's a machine that goes 'ding'. Made it myself. Lights up in the presence of shapeshifter DNA." After he'd pulled up the antennae to the device, he said, "Ooh. Also, it can microwave frozen dinners from up to twenty feet and download comics from the future. I never know when to stop."

In turn, Queen Elizabeth I said to him, "My love, I do not understand."

The Doctor told her, "I'm not your love, and yes, you do. You're a Zygon."

With furrowed eyebrows, she said, "A Zygon?"

As he pushed down the antennae, the Doctor said to her, "Oh, stop it, it's over. A Zygon, yes. Big red rubbery thing, covered in suckers. Surprisingly good kisser. Do you think the real queen of England would just decide to share her throne with any old handsome bloke in a tight suit, just 'cause he's got amazing hair and a nice horse..."

Then he turned to look at the spot where the horse had once stood, only to stop when he saw that a Zygon was standing in place of the horse.

Then the Doctor said, "Oh, it was the horse! I'm going to be king." Then he grabbed onto her and started to run off with her as he yelled, "Run!"

Then Queen Elizabeth I asked him, "What's happening?"

The Doctor told her, "We're being attacked by a shape-shifting alien from outer space, formerly disguised as my horse."

Then she asked him, "Well, what does that mean?"

The Doctor replied, "It means we're going to need a new horse."

After the both of them had hidden behind two separate walls, she asked the Doctor, "Where's it going?"

The Doctor said to her, "I'll hold it off. You run. Your people need you."

In turn, Queen Elizabeth I said to him, "And I need you alive for our wedding day."

Then– after she'd kissed the Doctor and then proceeded to do as he said– the Doctor said to himself, "Oh, good work, Doctor. Nice one. The Virgin Queen. So much for history." Then– after hearing someone simply snort to themselves– the Doctor pointed a finger in their direction and said to her, "Not now, Annabelle."

With a scoff, a one-thousand and twenty-eight-year-old Annabelle Mikaelson– a version of Annabelle that was ten years younger than the one that was traveling with three supernatural beings, Clara Oswald and a Doctor with a completely different face– said to him, "I didn't even say anything."

The Doctor replied, "You didn't have to. I just know that you're thinking the words 'I told you so' in that head of yours."

As she narrowed her eyes with her head now tilted to the side, Annabelle said to him, "Well, I wouldn't have to be thinking of the words 'I told you so', if you weren't adamant in thinking that Queen Elizabeth I of England and Ireland was the Zygon that we were looking for, Doctor. And not to mention the fact that if you hadn't gone out of your way to propose to her because of just how sure you were that she was the Zygon that we were looking for."

With a scoff, the Doctor said to her, "Shut up." After Annabelle had snorted to herself once more, the Doctor said to her, "I mean it, Annabelle. I need you to shut up right now."

In turn, Annabelle said to him, "Well, perhaps I wouldn't have to be saying all of this, if you weren't such an imbecile."

With a mere shake of his head, the Doctor only sighed to himself before he grabbed Annabelle by the arm and started to quickly drag her off with him in an attempt to find the Zygon that had apparently spent its time disguising itself that the Doctor and Queen Elizabeth I had spent their time riding for the majority of the day.

* * *

As he slowed down to a halt with a hand still holding onto one of Annabelle's arms, the Doctor said, "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Then– after bringing his attention over towards the rabbit that stood only a mere couple of feet away from where he and Annabelle were standing– he said to it, "Oh, very clever."

When the rabbit only stood in place and Annabelle simply looked between the rabbit and the Doctor with narrowed eyes, the Doctor said to it, "Whatever you've got planned, forget it. I'm the Doctor. I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous." As he went to crouch down in front of the rabbit, he said, "I am the oncoming storm, the bringer of darkness, and you... are basically just a rabbit, aren't you?"

After Annabelle had only snorted to herself in response to the Doctor's words, the Doctor said to the rabbit, "Okay. Carry on. Just a general warning."

It wasn't until after he'd hit the device a couple of times that the voice of Queen Elizabeth I could be heard yelling, "Doctor!"

Then– just like that– the Doctor stood back up, grabbed Annabelle by the arm and started to drag her off with him once more, to which Annabelle had responded with a mere roll of her eyes.

* * *

As he continued to drag an annoyed Annabelle Mikaelson along with him, the Doctor yelled, "Elizabeth!"

It wasn't until Annabelle and the Doctor had reached her that Queen Elizabeth I had said to the Doctor, "That thing, explain what it is. What does it want of us?"

After bringing her up onto her feet once he'd let go of Annabelle's arm, the Doctor said to her, "That's what I'm trying to find out. Probably just your planet."

Then both Annabelle and the Doctor had turned around when they heard another voice say, "Doctor?"

While Annabelle silently looked between the two versions of Queen Elizabeth I with narrowed eyes, the one that had a smile on her face said, "Step away from her, Doctor. That's not me. That's the creature."

Then the one that stood the closest to Annabelle and the Doctor asked, "How is that possible? She's me!"

While Annabelle only snorted to herself with a mere raise of her eyebrows in response to the situation that she and the Doctor were now forced into and the Doctor had raised his antennae once more, the first Queen Elizabeth I said, "Doctor, she's me!"

Then the second one said, "I am indeed 'me'. A compliment that cannot be extended to yourself."

While the two of them had circled one another, the first Queen Elizabeth I said, "Extraordinary. The creature has captured my exact likeness. This is exceptional."

In turn, the other one asked the first one, "Exceptional? A queen would call it impertinent."

The first one replied, "A queen would feel compelled to admire the skill of the execution, before arranging one."

With a shake of the device that he was holding onto, the Doctor yelled, "Argh, it's not working!"

The first Queen Elizabeth I said to the Doctor, "One might surmise that the creature would learn quickly to protect itself from any simple means of detection."

In turn, the second one said to the first one, "Clearly, you understand the creature better than I. But then, you have the advantage."

It was then that a whooshing sound was heard, which got Annabelle to look away from the two queens and over towards the yellow circle that had suddenly appeared above them.

This alone got the Doctor push himself in front of the two queens as he yelled, "Back! Both of you, now! That's a time fissure. A tear in the fabric of reality. Anything could happen."

It wasn't long after he'd said those words that a single fez had landed just in front of himself, which got Annabelle to stare at the fez with her head tilted to the side, shortly before the Doctor said, "For instance, a fez."

Then Annabelle asked him, "What the bloody hell is a fez?"

* * *

As she pulled open the painting that had apparently served as a door, Kate Stewart said to the current version of Annabelle, the Doctor and their four traveling companions, "This way. Welcome to the Under-Gallery." As she walked into the Under-Gallery, she said, "This is where Elizabeth I kept all art deemed too dangerous for public consumption."

After the Doctor had crouched onto the floor, gathered some dust into his hand and let it fall back onto the floor, he said, "Stone dust."

As she made her way back over towards the Doctor, Kate asked him, "Is it important?"

The Doctor replied, "In 1,200 years, I've never stepped in anything that wasn't." Then– after hearing wheezing coming from behind him– the Doctor turned around with a point of his finger and said to her, "Oi! You! Are you sciencey?"

As she made her way into the room, the woman said to him, "Oh, um, well, um, yes."

Then the Doctor asked her, "Got a name?"

With a nod of her head, the woman said to him, "Yes..."

With a slight turn of his head, the Doctor said, "Good. I've always wanted to meet someone called 'Yes'." As he started to pour the rest of the dust into her hands, he told her, "Now, I want this stone dust analyzed. And I want a report, in triplicate, with lots of graphs and diagrams and complicated sums, on my desk, tomorrow morning, ASAP, pronto, LOL."

While Annabelle mouthed 'lol' to herself with her eyebrows furrowed and her nose scrunched up and Dorothy had only raised her eyebrows with a sigh, the Doctor pointed a finger at Clara as he said to her, "See? Job." Then he asked Kate, "Do I have a desk?"

In turn, Kate said to him, "No."

Then he turned to the woman and said to her, "And I want a desk."

Then Kate said to the woman, "Get a team. Analyze the stone dust." After the Doctor had only smiled at the woman before turning his back on her and the woman could be heard wheezing once more, Kate said to her, "Inhaler."

* * *

While Kate led the six of them through another room, Clara simply looked around the inside of the room that they were walking through.

Annabelle and her three friends quietly talked amongst themselves after Kai's attempt of questioning Annabelle for just how exactly she and the Doctor had met Queen Elizabeth I and refusing to take 'shut up' as an answer.

Then there was the Doctor, who came to an abrupt halt when he saw that a fez was sitting in a small display case before he took it out of its case and then proceeded to put it on top of his head.

And while Annabelle had simply stopped talking to Kai and just blankly stared at the Doctor when she saw that he was wearing another fez on his head, Clara said to him, "Someday, you could just walk past a fez."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Never gonna happen."

Then the six of them had walked into another room that had glass lying on the floor, while a man in a lab coat said to Kate, "As you instructed. Nothing has been touched."

It wasn't until the six of them were standing in front of another painting that Kate said to them, "This is why we called you in."

Then Clara said, "3D again."

As he looked up from the glass that was lying on the floor, the Doctor said, "Interesting."

Clara asked him, "The broken glass?"

The Doctor replied, "No, where it's broken from." Then– after taking a couple of steps forward and picking up one of the pieces of glass– he said, "Look at the shatter pattern. The glass in all these paintings has been broken from the inside."

With a wave of her hands, Kate said to him, "As you can see, all the paintings are landscapes. No figures of any kind."

With his eyebrows raised, the Doctor said to her, "So?"

As she handed her device over to him, Kate told him, "There used to be."

After they had repeatedly looked between the picture of the painting and the painting itself, Clara asked, "Something's got out of the paintings?"

The Doctor replied, "Lots of somethings. Dangerous."

Kate told him, "This whole place has been searched. There's nothing here that shouldn't be, and nothing's got out."

It was then that a whirring sound could be heard, which got each of them to turn around and face the source of the noise.

Then the Doctor said, "Oh, no, not now."

Clara asked him, "Doctor, what is it?"

Then the Doctor said, "No, not now! I'm busy."

Kate asked him, "Is it to do with the paintings?"

The Doctor replied, "No, no. This is different." While both he and Annabelle had slowly walked towards the tear, he said, "I remember this. Almost remember."

Then Annabelle said, "As do I. It's almost as if I've seen this sort of thing before."

Just as Dorothy had taken a quick couple of steps forward and grabbed Annabelle by the arm, the Doctor glanced up at the fez that he wore on his head before he took it off of his head and said, "Oh, of course. This is where we come in."

Then– after tossing the fez into it– the Doctor grabbed onto Annabelle's arm for the first time in nine years and unintentionally pulled Dorothy along with them as he ran towards the light and yelled, "Geronimo!"

As she took a quick couple of steps forward, Clara yelled, "Doctor!"

Then Kate grabbed onto her arm and said, "Wait!"

It wasn't long afterwards that Annabelle, Dorothy and the Doctor had each fallen face-first out of the tear and onto the ground before each of them had stood up and Annabelle, with her eyebrows furrowed, found herself not only staring at her own face, but also the face of the Doctor– a face that she hadn't seen in person in ten years.

And this past face of the Doctor now had a fez on the top of his head.

And while Dorothy looked between the two versions of Annabelle with furrowed eyebrows, one of the queens asked the past version of the Doctor, "Who is the little girl and the man? And why is there another person that shares the same face as your friend?"

With his eyebrows furrowed, the Doctor with the fez on his head said, "That's just what I was wondering."

Then the older version of Annabelle had said, "Doctor?" When the one that was standing beside her had simply looked at her, she said, "No, not you, I'm talking about the one that's wearing a bloody fez on the top of his head."

Then Dorothy asked, "Um, Annabelle, why are there two of you? And why did you just call that guy 'Doctor'? I thought the one standing right next to us was the Doctor?"

Annabelle replied, "The one that insists on wearing bowties all the damn time is the Doctor, but so is that one. He's the one that I'd spent two years of my life traveling with before I met you and your father. He's the Doctor that had spent over seven months of his life helping me through the aftermath of what the Master had done to me."

While the younger version of the Doctor had only stared at the older version of Annabelle with furrowed eyebrows, the older Doctor said, "Oh, that is skinny. That is proper skinny." After turning to the side, he said, "I've never seen it from the outside. It's like a special effect."

After quickly walking over towards the younger Doctor and knocking the fez off of his head, the older Doctor said to him, "Oi, matchstick man."

Then the younger version of himself said to the other one, "You're not..."

After several seconds of the two Doctors just staring at one another, they slowly reached into their coats and pulled out their sonic screwdrivers, which got the younger Doctor to look at the older one's sonic screwdriver before he asked, "Compensating?"

The older one replied, "For what?"

With a slight tilt of his head, the younger one said, "Regeneration. It's a lottery."

While the older version of Annabelle had started to chuckle to herself and the younger one had rolled her eyes at them, the older Doctor said, "Oh, he's cool. Isn't he cool?" While they both put their sonic screwdrivers away, he said, "'I'm the Doctor, and I'm all cool. Oops, I'm wearing sandshoes'."

It was then that the older version of Annabelle had sped towards the younger version of the Doctor and stared up at him with her head tilted to the side and her eyebrows furrowed before she grabbed at the front of his face and forcibly turned his head at every angle that she possibly could without hurting him.

With his eyebrows furrowed, the younger Doctor asked her, "Um, what are you doing?"

She said to him, "Just checking something."

In turn, he asked her, "Um, checking what, exactly?"

As she started to stare up into his dark brown eyes, she replied, "Just making sure that you are exactly who I think that you are."

He started to ask her, "Well, what makes you think that I'm not the—"

Then– after getting a slap to the face– he said, "Ow! What was that for?"

After watching him bring a hand up to his face and stare down at her with furrowed eyebrows and his mouth slightly open, she said to him, "It doesn't matter."

He replied, "Well, I think it does, if you're going to be going around slapping me without any explanation."

With a scoff, she said to him, "Oh, shut up, Doctor." While he had simply stared ahead of himself with furrowed eyebrows and a bit of a frown on his face, she wrapped her arms around him and said to him, "You have no idea just how good it is to see this bloody face of yours again. It's been far too long since I've last seen you like this, Doctor."

In response to her words, the younger Doctor's frown had deepened just a tiny bit more before he slowly wrapped his own arms around her, while he glanced over at the Annabelle that was silently standing beside him with her eyes narrowed and her arms crossed over her chest.

It was only then that he asked the older version of Annabelle, "How long's it been since you last saw this face in particular?"

After letting out a sigh, she said to him, "Ten years." After pulling back from him and letting out another sigh, she smiled up at him before she told him, "It has been ten long years since the last time that I saw this particular face and you have no idea just how good it is to see you like this again."

The older Doctor said to her, "Yes, thank you for that, Annabelle."

With a scoff, Annabelle turned to him and said to him, "Oh, shut up, Doctor. At least I didn't have to deal with this one going around and telling anyone that he could about how bowties are cool all the bloody time. The most that he did was go around saying 'timey-wimey' or yelling 'allons-y' at every chance that he could get. Besides, it was this one that got me to even befriend you to begin with. You can't exactly blame me for preferring this face over your current one." As she turned to look back at the younger Doctor, she said, "And neither one of you better use this against me, but I've actually managed to find myself missing hearing this face saying 'timey-wimey' and 'allons-y' like you used to before you regenerated."

After taking a couple of steps forward, Dorothy asked, "Wait, is this the Doctor that you were telling me about? The one you said was there for you after what the Master did to you?" When the older Annabelle had only nodded her head, Dorothy let out a laugh before she said to the younger Doctor, "Holy crap."

Then– after she'd sped towards the younger Doctor– she said to him, "Annabelle told me a lot about you. You have no idea just how many times she talked about you. I mean, she was always talking about just how much she missed seeing you like this." Then– with a tilt of her head– she said, "Well, she was also going on about how much of an idiot you were for not seeing just how much she actually cared about you, but still. She mostly said good things about you, though."

When the younger Doctor only stared down at her with furrowed eyebrows, Dorothy asked him, "Do you have any idea just how much her traveling with you had changed her? She's turned into such a great person. I mean, sure, most of her siblings suck and had gotten her to be super angry and kill people again whenever she wasn't traveling with you, but you were such a good influence on her. And let's not even get started about– before she'd ever met me– you were the only person outside of her family that never betrayed her. You were there for her almost as much as Kol's been there for her." Then she turned to the older Annabelle and asked her, "Have you noticed that he's, like, the same height as Kol? Or at least looks as tall as Kol, anyway."

After looking between the older version of himself, Dorothy Sullivan, the older– and not to mention happier-looking– version of Annabelle with furrowed eyebrows, the younger Doctor turned to the older Doctor and asked him, "What are you all doing here? I'm busy."

The older Doctor replied, "Oh, busy? I see. Is that what we're calling it, eh? Eh?" Then he put the fez on the top of his head and said to the two queens, "Hello, ladies."

The younger Doctor said to him, "Don't start."

While the two versions of Annabelle had only glanced at one another, the older Doctor said, "Listen, what you get up to in the privacy of your own regeneration is your business..."

The younger Doctor quietly told him, "One of them is a Zygon."

As he turned to face the younger version of himself, the older Doctor said to him, "Ugh. I'm not judging you."

It was then that another whooshing sound was heard, which got the two Doctors, the two versions of Annabelle and Dorothy to turn to the noise, just before the two Doctors had put their glasses onto themselves.

After the older Annabelle had already pushed Dorothy behind herself, the two Doctors looked at each other with smiles on both of their faces before the older Doctor said, "Oh, lovely!"

And while the two versions of Annabelle, Dorothy and the younger Doctor had continued to stare up at the tear, the older Doctor turned to the two queens and said to them, "Your Majesties? Probably a good time to run."

Simultaneously, the two queens asked him, "But what about the creature?"

As he turned to face the two queens, the younger Doctor said to them, "Elizabeth, whichever one of you is the real one, turn and run in the opposite direction to the other one."

Simultaneously, the two queens said to him, "Of course, my love."

Then one of the queens had run up to the Doctor as she said to him, "Stay alive, my love. I am not done with you yet."

After she'd kissed him and run away, the younger Doctor said with a nod of his head, "Thanks. Lovely."

Then the other queen said to him, "I understand." Then she grabbed onto one of his arms and said to him, "Live for me, my darling. We shall be together again."

While Dorothy had stared after the second queen with her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth slightly open and the older Annabelle had started to chuckle to herself with a slight shake of her head, the younger Doctor said, "Well, won't that be nice."

After a couple seconds of silence, the older Doctor asked him, "One of those was a Zygon?"

In turn, the younger Doctor said to him, "Yeah."

Then the older Doctor asked him, "Big red rubbery thing covered in suckers? Venom sacs in the tongue?"

With a nod of his head, the younger Doctor said to him, "Yeah, I'm getting the point, thank you."

In turn, the older Doctor said to him, "Nice."

Then the younger Doctor looked between the two versions of Annabelle when the older one had actually started to laugh and the younger version of her had simply snorted to herself, which got him to say to the two versions of her, "Oh, shut up."

While the older version of Annabelle started to laugh that much louder and the younger one had quickly turned her head to stare at the younger Doctor with a blank look on her face, Clara could be heard asking, "Doctor, is that you?"

As he took a single step forward, the older Doctor said, "Ah, hello, Clara! Can you hear me?"

Clara replied, "Yeah, it's me. We can hear you. Where are you?"

With a scoff, the older Annabelle said, "Never mind where we are. The most important question is this: Has Kai tried to kill anyone since we showed up here? Or what about setting someone or something on fire? He hasn't done any of those, has he?"

While the younger Doctor only glanced over at her with furrowed eyebrows, the five of them could hear Kai say, "Thanks for the vote in confidence there, Annie."

Then older Annabelle asked him, "Did you?"

Kai replied, "No, I haven't set anyone on fire. And no, I haven't killed anyone or destroyed anything, either."

With furrowed eyebrows, the younger Doctor asked her, "Who's Kai?"

Older Annabelle said to him, "Long story."

Just as the younger Doctor had opened his mouth to ask another question, he suddenly stopped when Clara could be heard saying, "Um, I don't mean to rush any of you, but I would like to know just where exactly you three had gone off to."

It was then that the older Doctor turned to the younger version of himself and asked him, "Where are we?"

The younger Doctor replied, "England, 1562."

Then Clara asked, "Who are you talking to?"

Simultaneously, the two Doctors said, "Myself."

It was then Kate Stewart asked the older Doctor, "Can you come back through?"

The older Doctor replied, "Physical passage may not be possible in both directions. It's... Ah! Hang on. Fez incoming!"

Several seconds after he'd thrown the fez towards the light, Clara said, "Nothing here."

With furrowed eyebrows, the younger Doctor asked, "So where did it go?"

With a sigh, older Annabelle said, "I blame the Doctor."

With a quick turn of his head, the younger Doctor yelled, "Oi—"

With a scoff, older Annabelle replied, "Not you, you bloody imbecile. I'm talking about the other one."

With furrowed eyebrows, the older Doctor turned to her and asked her, "What did I do?"

Older Annabelle asked him, "Do you mean other than your persistence of talking about how you– rather foolishly on your part– seem to think that fezzes and bowties are cool, and I have to keep hearing you talk about how cool they are any time that you pick me up inside of that TARDIS of yours?"

The older Doctor told her, "But they are cool."

With a shake of her head, the older version of Annabelle said to him, "No. They're not. And the more you insist on the idea of them being cool, the more you make me miss the one that I'd started traveling with in the first place."

In response to her words, the younger Doctor only tilted his head with a mere raise of his eyebrows– much to the amusement of Dorothy Sullivan.

* * *

With his arms crossed over his chest, the younger Doctor said to the older one, "Okay. You used to be me. You've done all this before. What happens next?"

With a shake of his head, the older Doctor said to him, "I don't remember."

The younger Doctor asked him, "How can you forget this?"

In turn, the older Doctor said to him, "Hey, hang on, it's not my fault. You're obviously not paying enough attention. Reverse the polarity."

It wasn't long after he'd said those words that the two Doctors pulled out their sonic screwdrivers and pointed them at the light, just a couple of seconds before the older Doctor said, "It's not working."

While the younger Annabelle had simply snorted to herself, the younger Doctor said, "We're both reversing the polarity."

The older Doctor replied, "Yes, I know that."

The younger Doctor told him, "There's two of us. I'm reversing it, and you're reversing it back again. We're confusing the polarity."

It was then that another whooshing sound was heard, just moments before an elderly man had appeared right in front of the five of them.

While both versions of Annabelle had tilted their heads to the side and eyed the unknown man with their eyes narrowed, the man asked them, "Anyone lose a fez?"

After the older Doctor had only raised a finger, the younger Doctor said to him, "You. How can you be here? More to the point, why are you here?"

In turn, the man said to them, "Good afternoon. I'm looking for the Doctor."

In response to the man's words, both versions of Annabelle had simply snorted to themselves, just before the younger one had said, "Well, you've certainly come to the right place."

With a nod of his head, the man said, "Good. Right. Who are you boys? What is Annabelle Mikaelson doing here with you? And why are there two of her?" When the two Doctors had only looked at one another and the two versions of Annabelle had simply glanced at one another, he said, "Oh, of course. Are you his companions?"

At the same time that Dorothy had raised her hand and started to talk about how she and the two versions of Annabelle were indeed the Doctor's companions, the older Doctor asked him, "His companions?"

While the older Annabelle had started to chuckle to herself in response to the look that the younger Doctor had on his face, the man said, "They get younger all the time. Well, if you could point me in the general direction of the Doctor..."

After several seconds of the two Doctors only staring at him, they had both raised their sonic screwdrivers.

Then– with a nod of his head– the man said, "Really?"

With a nod of his head, the older Doctor said, "Yeah. Really."

Then the man asked them, "You're me? Both of you?"

The second Doctor replied, "Yup."

Then the third Doctor pointed at the older one as he asked, "Even that one?"

While the second Doctor had only nodded his head, the older one yelled, "Yes!"

Then the third Doctor asked them, "You're my future selves?"

Simultaneously, the two Doctors said, "Yes."

Then the third Doctor asked, "Am I having a midlife crisis?" After taking a step forward, only to have his two future selves pointing their sonic screwdrivers at him, he asked them, "Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They are scientific instruments, not water-pistols!"

After they had both lowered their sonic screwdrivers, the third Doctor said, "You look like you've seen a ghost."

The second Doctor said to the third one, "Still, loving the posh, gravelly thing. It's very convincing."

With a chuckle, the older Doctor replied, "Brave words, Dick Van Dyke."

It was then that the older Annabelle turned to the older Doctor and asked him, "Who the bloody hell is Dick Van Dyke?"

With a sigh, the second Doctor said to her, "Not now, Annabelle."

Then older Annabelle asked him, "If not now, then when?"

With a raise of one of his fingers, the second Doctor said to her, "Better question: Why are you so much more talkative in the future than you are now?"

Then older Annabelle turned to the older Doctor as she said, "Why, indeed."

After the older Doctor had only let out a sigh in response to her words, a voice could be heard yelling, "Encircle them!"

After the two older Doctors had pulled out their sonic screwdrivers, one of the approaching men had asked, "Which of you is the Doctor?" When he didn't receive a response, he said, "The Queen of England is bewitched. I would have the Doctor's head."

With a nod of his head, the youngest Doctor said to him, "Well, this has all the makings of your lucky day."

While the younger Annabelle had only snorted to herself in response to his words, Clara could be heard saying in a whisper, "I think there's three of them now."

Kate replied, "There's a precedent for that."

Then one of the men asked, "What is that?"

Then the third Doctor said, "Oh, the pointing again. They're screwdrivers. What are you going to do, assemble a cabinet at them?"

While the two older Doctors had shared a look with each other and the older Annabelle had simply chuckled to herself with a shake of her head, the same man from before asked them, "That thing, what witchcraft is it?"

As he caught his sonic screwdriver after tossing it up a bit into the air, the oldest Doctor said, "Ah! Yes, now that you mention it, that is witchcraft. Yes, yes, yes, witchy witchcraft." While Dorothy had only furrowed her eyebrows in response to his words, he said, "Hello? Hello in there, excuse me, hello. Am I talking to the wicked witch of the well?"

Then Kate could be heard saying to Clara, "He means you."

While Kai could be heard chuckling to himself before groaning when– Dorothy and the older Annabelle could assume– Joseph had hit him, Clara asked, "Why am I the witch?"

Then the older Doctor said, "Clara?"

In turn, Clara said, "Hello?"

Then the older Doctor said to her, "Clara, hi. Hello. Hello. Would you mind telling these prattling mortals to get themselves begone?"

After the youngest of the three Doctors had only raised an eyebrow, Clara said, "What he said."

With a turn of his head, the older Doctor said in a whisper, "A tiny bit more color?"

Then Clara said, "Right. Prattling mortals! Off you... pop! Or I'll turn you all into frogs."

While Kai could actually be heard laughing at this point and the older Annabelle had only closed her eyes with a sigh, the oldest Doctor said, "Oh. Frogs. Nice. You heard her."

Then– with a sigh– Clara asked, "Doctor, what's going on?"

The oldest Doctor replied, "It's, er, a timey-wimey thing."

Then the youngest Doctor asked him, "Timey what? 'Timey-wimey'?"

With a shake of his head, the second Doctor said, "I-I've no idea where he picks that stuff up."

With a mere turn of her head, the older Annabelle asked the second Doctor, "Weren't you the one that would always—"

Only seconds after the second Doctor had covered her mouth with one of his hands and the older version of Annabelle had glanced down at his hand with furrowed eyebrows, while one of the men yelled, "The Queen!"

After the men with spears had each knelt onto the ground, one of the two queens had said to the six of them, "You don't seem to be kneeling. How tremendously brave of you."

With furrowed eyebrows, the second Doctor asked her, "Which one are you? What happened to the other one?"

With a slight tilt of her head, the queen replied, "Indisposed." After the younger Annabelle had simply raised her eyebrows, the queen said, "Long live the Queen."

Then each of the soldiers yelled, "Long live the Queen!"

Then the queen said, "Arrest these men and the three children. Take them to the Tower."

With a sigh, the younger version of Annabelle asked, "How many more times am I going to have to deal with these bloody humans always insisting that I'm a child?"

While– with the second Doctor's hand covering her mouth– the older version of Annabelle had simply glanced over at the younger version of herself, the second Doctor pointed a finger at the queen as he said, "That is not the Queen of England. That's an alien duplicate."

With a point of his own finger, the oldest Doctor said, "And you can take it from him, 'cause he's really checked."

While the older version of Annabelle had let out a muffled laugh from behind his hand, the second Doctor turned to the oldest one and said to him, "Oh, shut up."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "Venom sacs in the tongue."

With a nod of his head, the second Doctor said to him, "Seriously, stop it."

While Dorothy had only looked between the three Doctors with furrowed eyebrows and the older version of Annabelle– who'd already removed the second Doctor's hand from her face– looked as if she was enjoying this a lot more than she should, the oldest Doctor said, "No, hang on. The Tower." Then he asked Queen Elizabeth I, "Did you say the Tower? Ah, yes. Brilliant. Love the Tower. Breakfast at 8:00, please. Will there be wi-fi?"

Then the youngest Doctor asked him, "Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"

At the same time that the older version of Annabelle had said 'no', the oldest Doctor said to him, "Yes. No." Then– as he pointed a finger in the direction of his two past selves, the two versions of Annabelle and Dorothy, he said to Queen Elizabeth I, "I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately with my co-conspirators, the Short Duo, the Slightly Taller One, Sandshoes and Grandad."

Then the youngest Doctor said, "'Grandad'?"

With a nod of his head, the second Doctor said, "They're not sandshoes."

In turn, the youngest Doctor said to the second one, "Yes, they are."

While the older version of Annabelle had proceeded to chuckle to herself once more, Queen Elizabeth I said to the six of them, "Silence. The Tower is not to be taken lightly. Very few emerge again."

* * *

After the six of them were shoved into a cell, the second Doctor said, "Three of us and two of Annabelle in one cell? That's going to cause some nasty anomalies if we don't get out soon."

Then– after looking over at the younger version of Annabelle and seeing that she had her hands clenched into fists– he went to take a step into her direction, only to stop when the older version of Annabelle had sped over towards her and started to quietly talk to her younger self.

And while the younger version of Annabelle had hesitantly– and rather quietly– talked to her older self about the strong effects that she still had from the nearly three years that the Master had spent torturing her and the older version of Annabelle had to try her hardest to not tell her about how she would be tortured by the Master again by the end of 2009, the second Doctor turned to the older one and asked him, "What are you doing?"

With a turn of his head, the oldest Doctor said to him, "Getting us out."

The second Doctor replied, "The sonic won't work on that. It's too primitive."

As he turned his attention to the youngest Doctor, the oldest Doctor asked, "Shall we ask for a better quality of door, so we can escape?"

Then the second Doctor said, "Okay, so the Queen of England is now a Zygon. Never mind that. Why are we all together? Why are we all here?" When the youngest Doctor had only slightly turned his head, the second Doctor said to the youngest Doctor, "Well, me, Chinny, and the two versions of Annabelle were surprised, but you came looking for me and Chinny. You knew it was going to happen. Who told you?"

Then the oldest Doctor turned to the second one and said, "Oi! 'Chinny'?"

The second Doctor replied, "Yeah, you do have a chin."

With a scoff, the older version of Annabelle asked the oldest Doctor, "Is that really your biggest concern right now? The fact that he called you 'chinny'? We are inside of the Tower of London right now– thanks to a Zygon that has chosen to present itself as the Queen of England– and your biggest concern is not how you're going to get out of here, but the fact that you were called 'chinny'?"

When the oldest Doctor had simply nodded his head, the older version of Annabelle only rolled her eyes at him before she turned her attention back to the younger version of herself and said to her, "Hey, Annabelle, it's alright. Okay? The Master's gone." When the younger version of herself didn't uncurl her hands from fists, she said, "You know what? How about– instead of thinking about him– you think of what you're going to do when you see Kol again? Hmm?"

While the younger version of Annabelle had only stared at her future self with narrowed eyes, the second Doctor had only repeatedly looked between the two versions of Annabelle with his eyebrows furrowed and a bit of a frown on his face.

* * *

After seeing the look that the older version of Annabelle had on her face, the second Doctor made his way over towards her and asked her, "Are you okay?"

In turn, she said to him, "I'm fine. I've just never seen myself like this before. I had no idea that this was what I looked like after what the Master had done to me. I mean, I knew that you worried about me for months after his death, but I never did see just how terrible my reaction was to it until now. It's really different to see from the perspective of a semi-outsider. I mean, for her, it's only been months since the Master was shot and let himself die on the Valiant. But for me, it's been eleven years since then. And I know about how he hurt me during those few years that he'd spent torturing me, but I suppose that the things that I've seen since then and the things that I've dealt with for over a decade now was enough to get me to forget about just how much his torturing had hurt me– not to mention how it had gotten me to emotionally shut myself down prior to the day in which I'd met Donna Noble. I've been betrayed and hurt by those that had once meant the world to me. But not you. You're one of the few people in my life that has never hurt me just for the sake of hurting me or for selfish reasons. Everything you do now and what you continue to do in the future is what you feel is the best thing for me."

After letting out a sigh, she said to him, "And I suppose that seeing you now after all of this time of not seeing your face, it's only reminded me of just how much you used to blame yourself for what he did." Then she looked up at the second Doctor and told him, "But I want you to know, Doctor, that what he did wasn't your fault. None of us knew who he was until after he'd already daggered me and had taken me with him– you least of all. And I know that what I'm about to say won't help you feel any better about the matter, but I do want you to know that, during the first two months in which he'd tortured me after he stole your TARDIS, I'd spent those two months thinking that you'd come in and take me from him– that you would've saved me from him. But you didn't. And that's okay. I know that it wasn't your fault, Doctor– just as you should know that there isn't a single thing that you could've done to keep him from doing what he did."

After letting out yet another sigh, she said to him, "At the time, you were the only person outside of my family that did what you did to try and help me move past what he did to me. There aren't many people in my life that would do what you did. So, I suppose that I just wanted to thank you for doing what you did. I, uh, I didn't have the chance to thank this particular face of yours before you regenerated, so I wanted to just thank you and let you know how much I appreciate the effort that you took in trying to get me to feel better prior to everything that had happened the last time that I saw your face."

Then he asked her, "What did happen the last time that you saw me? You know, like this. With this face. What happened?" When she only stared up at him, he said to her, "You keep getting this look on your face any time the Master's been mentioned by yourself and you act like everything's fine and like he didn't hurt you, but you still look angry any time he's mentioned."

After a couple seconds of silence, she simply plastered a smile on her face before she said to him, "The only thing that matters about all of this, Doctor, is the fact that you– a man that I had spent over five-hundred years of my life wanting to kill for what you did when we met– had me go from hating you to wanting to be your friend more than anything else. You made me into a far better person and I have found myself looking forward to the day that you pick me up inside of your TARDIS and take me on an adventure to some random point in the universe because I know that you are one of the few people in my life that would never hurt me like the majority of those in my life have already done to me."

After letting out a sigh, he asked her, "Did it happen, then?" When she only stared up at him, he said to her, "The prophecies that you were given. Did they come true?"

With a nod of her head, she said, "They did."

After letting out yet another sigh, he said to her, "I'm sorry."

She replied, "It's alright, Doctor. It wasn't your fault."

After a couple seconds of silence, the second Doctor only pulled the older version of Annabelle closer to himself and wrapped his arms around her and– much to his surprise– Annabelle had wrapped her own arms around him.

And if that wasn't enough, the fact that the tension in Annabelle's body had lessened the moment that he'd wrapped his arms around her made him realize that he had apparently meant more to her than she was willing to tell him.

And this alone made him wonder just how much the Annabelle that he was traveling with had actually cared about him, if the future version of her had actually found herself feeling as peaceful as she did at that exact moment.

Then he simply let out a sigh when he heard her say into his chest, "You need to stop blaming yourself for things that are out of your control, Doctor. You're far too good of a person to blame yourself for everything that you can't control. You can't help what the Master had done to me, just like I can't help those that I had once trusted with my entire being had hurt me the way that they had."

* * *

While the oldest Doctor had continued to carve into a column inside of the cell, the youngest Doctor turned to face his future selves and said to them, "In theory, I can trigger an isolated sonic shift among the molecules, and the door should disintegrate."

In turn, the second Doctor said to him, "You'd have to calculate the harmonic resonance of the entire structure down to a subatomic level. Even the sonic would take years."

The third Doctor replied, "No, no. The sonic would take centuries." As he went to sit down on top of a bench, he said, "Well, we might as well get started. Help to pass the 'timey-wimey'." While the older Annabelle had simply chuckled to herself in response to his words, he asked, "Do you have to talk like children? What is it that makes you so ashamed of being a grown-up?"

After both of his future selves had turned to look at him, he said, "Oh, the way you both look at me. What is that? I'm trying to think of a better word than 'dread'."

It was then that the second Doctor said to the third one, "Must be really recent, for you."

In turn, the third Doctor said, "Recent?"

The oldest Doctor said to him, "The Time War. The last day. The day you killed them all."

With a mere turn of his head, the second Doctor said, "The day we killed them all."

The oldest Doctor replied, "Same thing."

While the older version of Annabelle had simply let out a sigh in response to their words, the second Doctor simply shook his head and walked further away from where the oldest Doctor was standing.

It wasn't long afterwards that the youngest Doctor said with a shake of his head, "I don't talk about it."

In turn, the second Doctor said to him, "You're not talking about it. There's no one else here."

After several seconds of silence, the youngest Doctor asked his future selves, "Did you ever count?"

The oldest Doctor asked him, "Count what?"

The youngest Doctor said, "How many children there were on Gallifrey, that day."

After ceasing his attempt of continuing to carve into the wall, the oldest Doctor said, "I've absolutely no idea."

While the second Doctor only looked at the older one, the youngest Doctor asked, "How old are you now?"

The oldest Doctor replied, "Uh, I don't know. I lose track. Twelve hundred and something, I think. Unless I'm lying. I can't remember if I'm lying about my age, that's how old I am."

Then the youngest Doctor said to him, "Four hundred years older than me. And in all that time, you never even wondered how many there were? You never once counted?"

After turning to face the youngest Doctor, the oldest Doctor asked him, "Tell me, what would be the point?"

It was then that the second Doctor said, "2.47 billion."

While the older version of Annabelle had only frowned to herself in response to his words, the youngest Doctor said, "You did count!"

After the oldest Doctor had only shaken his head and turned his back on him, the second Doctor asked him, "You forgot? Four hundred years? Is that all it takes?"

The oldest Doctor told him, "I moved on."

With a shake of his head, the second Doctor asked him, "Where? Where can you be now, that you can forget something like that?"

In turn, the older Doctor said to him, "Spoilers."

Then the second Doctor said to him, "No. No, no, no. For once, I would like to know where I'm going."

The older Doctor replied, "No, you really wouldn't."

After several seconds of silence– one that involved them only staring at one another– the youngest Doctor said with a shake of his head, "I don't know who you are, either of you. I haven't got the faintest idea." Then– after several seconds of silence– he said with a shake of his head, "No."

In turn, the second Doctor said to him, "'No'?"

Then the youngest Doctor said, "Just... no."

After the oldest Doctor had started to laugh to himself, the second Doctor asked him, "Is something funny? Did I miss a funny thing?"

The oldest Doctor said to him, "Sorry. It just occurred to me, this is what I'm like when I'm alone."

Shortly after Dorothy had only looked between the three Doctors with furrowed eyebrows, the youngest Doctor pulled out his own sonic screwdriver and said, "Ah. Four hundred years."

In turn, the second Doctor said to him, "Sorry?"

The youngest Doctor said to his future selves, "Well, at a software level, they're all the same device, aren't they? Same software, different case."

Then the second Doctor said, "Yes, so..."

Then the youngest Doctor stood up from the bench that he was sitting on as he said, "So... It would take centuries for the screwdriver to calculate how to disintegrate the door." As he started to scan the door with his sonic screwdriver, he said, "Scanning the door, implanting the calculation as a permanent subroutine in the software architecture..."

Then he turned to his future selves and said to them, "And if you really are me, with your sandshoes and your dickie-bow, and that screwdriver is still mine, that calculation is still going on."

After bringing his screwdriver up to one of his ears, the second Doctor said, "Yeah! Still going."

After raising his own screwdriver, the oldest Doctor said, "Calculation complete." Then– with a point of his finger– he said, "Hey. Four hundred years in four seconds! We may have had our differences, which is frankly odd, in the circumstances, but I tell you what, boys, we are incredibly clever."

It was then that the door to the cell had been opened and in came Clara Oswald, Kai Parker and Joseph Valentine– one of whom was glad to see the older version of Annabelle and Dorothy again after being stuck with Kai of all people.

While Joseph tried to process the fact that he was now standing in the same room with three Doctors and two versions of Annabelle, the oldest Doctor asked the three of them, "How did you all do that?"

Clara told him, "It wasn't locked."

In turn, the oldest Doctor said to her, "Right."

After looking between the second and third Doctors, Clara looked back at the oldest Doctor and asked him, "So they're both you, then, yeah?"

The oldest Doctor said to her, "Yes. You've met them before. Don't you remember?"

In turn, Clara said to him, "A bit." Then she said to the second Doctor, "Nice suit."

With a slight shake of his head, the second Doctor said to her, "Thanks."

Then Clara said, "Hang on. Three of you in one cell and two separate versions of Annabelle, and none of you thought to try the door?"

With a mere tilt of her head, the older version of Annabelle said, "Well, to be fair, I was kind of trying to calm down the past version of myself and I was also still processing the fact that I was in the same cell as three Doctors– one of whom I haven't seen the face of in ten years, so..."

Then Dorothy said, "I didn't even know what to make any of this. I mean, I'm standing in the same room as two different versions of Annabelle and three Doctors. My mind is just really blown right now. And I'm not even gonna get started on how different Annabelle is with sandshoes over there, compared to how she is with the Doctor that we've been traveling with since he picked us up at that airport."

With a quick turn of his head, the second Doctor looked over at Dorothy and said to her, "For the last time, they're not sandshoes!"

With a mere turn of her head, Dorothy asked him, "Are you sure about that? Because– according to what Annabelle told me– they do kind of look like sandshoes. And for someone that keeps saying they're not sandshoes, you really do get pretty defensive about them being called sandshoes."

In response to Dorothy's words and the look that the second Doctor had on his face, the older version of Annabelle started to chuckle to herself with a mere shake of her head, which got the second Doctor to quickly look over at Annabelle with his eyebrows furrowed and his mouth slightly open.

And despite just how offended the second Doctor seemed to be by the older version of Annabelle's obvious amusement on the matter, he couldn't help but feel rather relieved of the clear difference between the older version of Annabelle and the one that he was currently traveling with.

From what he could see, she did what he wanted– she returned to the person that she was prior to the nearly three years that she'd spent being tortured by the Master.

And not just that.

From what he'd noticed about her during the short time that he'd been around the older version of Annabelle, she seemed to be much more at ease and actually laughed more than the younger version of Annabelle ever did during the nearly two years that he'd spent traveling with her.

However, that feeling of relief had soon enough ceased and had soon enough turned into annoyance when Kai said, "So, Annie, let me get this straight. They're all the same person? The old one, the one with the weird shoes and the one we're traveling with are all the same person?"

While the second Doctor turned to look at Kai with his eyebrows furrowed, the older version of Annabelle had only nodded her head.

Then Kai pointed a finger at the three Doctors as he asked, "So, they're Patient, Patient and Patient?"

At the same time that Annabelle had nodded her head once more, the second Doctor said, "Wait a tick. My name isn't Patient, it's Doctor."

In turn, Kai said to him, "Sure it is."

When the second Doctor had only continued to stare at him with furrowed eyebrows and his mouth just a bit more open than it already was, the older version of Annabelle had let out a sigh before she said, "Kai."

With a mere tilt of his head, Kai said to her, "Annie."

Then Annabelle said to him, "Please don't annoy the Doctor with your infinity of referring to others by the different names that you've chosen to give them."

As he pointed at both Clara and Joseph, Kai asked her, "So does that mean that I can't call him 'Jonah Valis' or call her 'Claire Oliver'?" When Annabelle only blinked at him with her own head tilted to the side, he asked her, "Oh, and what about your family? Like, can I still call your brothers and sisters Frida, Elias, Nikolai, Ramona? And what about calling that hybrid Hallie? Or are those names also a thing I shouldn't be calling them?"

When the older version of Annabelle had only stared at him with her eyebrows furrowed and her head tilted just a bit more to the side, Kai said, "Oh, I get it now. You've got a thing for the one with the weird shoes, right?"

Simultaneously, both the older version of Annabelle and the second Doctor said, "What?"

Then Kai asked her, "I mean, why else would you care about what I call him?" When they had both only continued to stare at him, he said, "Besides, you seem to be really close with that one, so obviously it's got to mean that you have a thing for him."

With a scoff, Annabelle replied, "No, I don't have a thing for him. He's only my friend. And besides, I can't really see myself having a thing for him of all people." After glancing at the second Doctor and seeing the look that he had on his face, she said, "What?"

The second Doctor asked her, "What's so bad about having a thing for me?"

With a sigh, she simply blinked to herself as she said, "Oh, bloody hell." Then she fully turned to face the second Doctor before she asked him, "Is that really your biggest concern right now? The fact that I don't fancy you?"

The second Doctor said to her, "No, of course not. But it is kind of hurtful the way that you worded everything that you just said. I mean, could you really not have worded that any differently than you just did?" After watching Annabelle take out her phone and start to type something onto it, he asked her, "What are you doing?"

She replied, "I'm just putting down another thing to add onto the long list of reasons of why I continue to believe that you are– in fact– an absolute imbecile. Granted, you're an imbecile that I'm friends with and care about much more than I had when I first started traveling with you, but you are still an imbecile nonetheless."

With his eyebrows furrowed, he asked her, "You-You really went out of your way to create a list of things about me that you consider to be imbecilic?" When she only said 'mm-hmm', he said to her, "I thought that you were simply giving me a hard time when you mentioned making one. And now you're telling me that you've done just that?"

In turn, she said to him, "Yes."

Then he asked her, "Why?"

With a raise of one of her eyebrows, she asked him, "Do you really want an answer to that question?"

With a hesitant shake of his head, he said, "No. No, not really. I think I'll pass on that, if you don't mind."

It was then that– with a raise of one of his hands– Joseph said, "Um, hate to break up this whole, uh, interaction between you guys, but– kind of Clara– I would also like to know why none of you even thought to try the door to this place."

With a mere turn of his head, the youngest Doctor looked between Clara and Joseph as he said, "Should have been locked."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "Yes, exactly. Why wasn't it locked?"

As she started to make her way over towards the open door that they were standing near, Queen Elizabeth I told them, "Because I was fascinated to see what you would do upon escaping. I understand you're rather fond of this world. It's time, I think, you saw what's going to happen to it."

* * *

While the nine of them had closely walked behind Queen Elizabeth I, the queen told them, "The Zygons lost their own world. It burned in the first days of the Time War. A new home is required."

Clara asked her, "So they want this one?"

Queen Elizabeth I replied, "Not yet. Far too primitive. Zygons are used to a certain level of comfort."

It was then that one of the Zygons had said, "Commander." After the queen had turned to face the Zygon, the Zygon asked her, "Why are these creatures here?"

In turn, Queen Elizabeth I said to it, "Because I say they should be. It is time you, too, were translated." After the Zygon had let out a snarl and started to walk past them, she said to the nine of them, "Observe this. I believe you will find it fascinating."

After watching the Zygon put its hand onto a ball of sorts before disappearing from the room and then reappearing in a painting, Clara said, "That's him. That's the Zygon, in the picture, now."

The youngest Doctor told her, "That's not a picture. It's a Stasis Cube. Time Lord art. Frozen instants in time. Bigger on the inside, but could be deployed as..."

Then the second Doctor said, "Suspended animation." After the oldest Doctor had snapped his fingers, the second one said, "Oh, that's very good."

As he took a couple of steps towards the apparent stasis cube, the second Doctor said, "The Zygons all pop inside the pictures, wait a few centuries till the planet's a bit more interesting and then out they come."

As he came to a halt on the other side of Clara, the oldest Doctor said, "You see, Clara? They're stored in the paintings in the Under-Gallery like Cup-a-Soups, except you add time, if you can picture that. Nobody can picture that. Forget I said 'Cup-a-Soups'."

Shortly after the older version of Annabelle and Kai had both snorted to themselves in response to his words, Clara said, "And now the world is worth conquering. So the Zygons are invading the future from the past?"

In turn, the oldest Doctor said to her, "Exactly."

With a sigh, Kai asked the three Doctors, "Are you all sure that I can't just set these blobby-looking freaks on fire? I mean, that should kill them, right?"

While the oldest Doctor, Clara and Joseph had only looked over at Kai, the second Doctor turned to Queen Elizabeth I as he asked her, "And do you know why I know that you're a fake?" When she'd only raised her eyebrows at him, he told her, "Because you're such a bad copy. It's not just the smell, or the unconvincing hair, or the atrocious teeth, or the eyes just a bit too close together, or the breath that could stun a horse."

While the older version of Annabelle had only chuckled to herself in response to his words and the younger one had only rolled her eyes with a sigh, the second Doctor said, "It's because my Elizabeth, the real Elizabeth, would never be stupid enough to reveal her own plan. Honestly, why would you do that?"

With a shake of her head, Queen Elizabeth I replied, "Because it's not my plan. And I am the real Elizabeth."

With a mere nod of his head, he replied, "Okay, so, backtracking a moment just to lend some context to my earlier remarks..."

While Dorothy and Joseph watched how the older version of Annabelle continued to chuckle to herself and took note of just how overjoyed she was to see the second Doctor acting like he had prior to his regeneration, Queen Elizabeth I told them, "My twin is dead in the forest. I am accustomed to taking precautions." After pulling out a knife and raising it to show them, she said, "These Zygon creatures never even considered that it was me who survived, rather than their own commander. The arrogance that typifies their kind."

Then Clara said, "Zygons?"

With a nod of her head, Queen Elizabeth I said, "Men."

While the second Doctor only turned his head to look over at the queen with his eyebrows furrowed and the older version of Annabelle had only continued to chuckle to herself in response to the look that he had on his face at that exact moment, Clara asked the queen, "And you actually killed one of them?"

In turn, Queen Elizabeth I said to her, "I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but at the time, so did the Zygon." Then she turned to the second Doctor and said to him, "The future of my kingdom is imperiled. Doctor, can I rely on your service?"

With a mere tilt of his head, he told her, "Well, I'm going to need my TARDIS."

With a mere raise of her eyebrows, the queen replied, "It has been procured already." When he only grinned to himself in response to her words, she said to him, "But first, my love, you have a promise to keep."

* * *

From where he stood in front of the second Doctor and Queen Elizabeth I, the priest said, "I now pronounce you man and wife." While the older version of Annabelle had simply chuckled to herself and the younger version of her had only raised her eyebrows in response to just how wide the second Doctor's eyes were at that exact moment, the priest said, "You may kiss the bride."

With their eyebrows raised, both versions of Annabelle watched as Queen Elizabeth I wrapped her arms around the second Doctor's neck and started to kiss him, while the second Doctor only stared wide-eyed at the two amused version of Annabelle, the very much amused Kai Parker and the slightly concerned faces of Dorothy and Joseph from where they stood just slightly behind Clara.

And while Queen Elizabeth I continued to kiss the second Doctor, the youngest Doctor turned to the older one and asked him, "Is there a lot of this in the future?"

The oldest Doctor said to him, "It does start to happen, yeah."

Then the youngest Doctor asked him, "And we manage to befriend Annabelle Mikaelson– the very same Original vampire that we managed to anger and get her to hate us after our very first encounter with her when she was a vampire?" When the oldest Doctor had only nodded his head, the youngest one asked him, "How?"

The oldest Doctor replied, "You'd have to ask Annabelle that question. And, no, I don't mean the one that's traveling with Sandshoes over there." When the youngest Doctor had only frowned in response to his words, the oldest Doctor said to him, "Well, if it helps, we've been friends with her for about twelve years now– in her own personal timeline, anyway. And the Annabelle that we knew when we first met her as a vampire– at a point in her life where she'd only been a vampire for over four-hundred years of her life– is quite different to the Annabelle that travels with me now. She's grown into a far better person than she was then. And believe it or not, but we do have a part in making her into the person that she is now."

While the youngest Doctor's eyebrows had only furrowed in response to the oldest Doctor's words, Queen Elizabeth I pulled back from the second Doctor and said to her, "Godspeed, my love."

In turn, the second Doctor said to her, "I will be right back."

Then he quickly ran back towards the TARDIS and stepped inside of it with the younger version of Annabelle close behind him– leaving the two remaining Doctors, the older version of Annabelle, Clara, and the three remaining supernatural beings to walk in the direction of the TARDIS, while the oldest Doctor said, "Right then, back to the future."

It wasn't until they had all stepped inside of the TARDIS that a wide grin had made its way onto the face of the older version of Annabelle before she said, "Oh, how I've missed this look of the inside of it."

While the second Doctor had only glanced over at her, the youngest Doctor said, "You've let this place go a bit."

In turn, the oldest Doctor said to the youngest one, "Ah, it's his grunge phrase. He grows out of it."

While the younger version of Annabelle eyed the eight of them with her eyes narrowed, the second Doctor said to the TARDIS, "Don't you listen to them."

Then the older version of Annabelle turned to the oldest and youngest Doctors before she asked them, "What the bloody hell are you two going on about? I quite like the way that the inside of this TARDIS looks." Then– with a mere tilt of her head– she said, "I quite miss the way that it used to look, now that I think about it."

With a wave of one of his hands, the second Doctor said to her, "Thank you!" Then he started to mess around with the controls once more as he said, "At least someone appreciates the way she looks."

With a quick nod of her head, the older version of Annabelle said to him, "You are so very welcome, Doctor." Then– after grinning to herself as she watched the way that the second Doctor continued to mess around with the controls with that same look that he had on his face any time that he was in a rush to get to somewhere in the universe– she turned to look over at Kai, Joseph and Dorothy and, after seeing the looks that each of them had on their faces, said, "What?"

With his eyebrows furrowed, Kai asked her, "You really expect me to believe that you like the way that this one looks?"

In turn, Annabelle asked him, "Oh, I'm sorry, have you forgotten the fact that I'd spent two years of my life traveling with this very Doctor and had spent the entirety of those two years seeing this exact interior?" While the second Doctor had only slightly smirked to himself in response to her words, Annabelle said, "Besides, Kai, it has been ten years since I had last seen the Doctor with this face or had even seen this very same interior for the TARDIS for that matter. I can't exactly be blamed for missing everything there was about this one particular time in my life."

After letting out a sigh as she looked around at the walls of the TARDIS, she said, "Then there's the fact that it reminds me all too much of just how much simpler things were back then. At that point in time, the only thing that I had to deal with was the aftermath of the nearly three years of torture that I'd been put through by the Master and one of the Doctor's main concerns was ensuring that I returned to the way that I was prior to the constant tortures that I'd been put through without snapping and killing everyone." After quickly making her way over towards where the three supernatural beings were standing, she quietly told them, "Besides, it was this very Doctor that I had befriended. If it weren't for how kind he was to me during the time that I'd been traveling with him after the Master's death on the Valiant, I can only imagine just how much worse of a person that I could have become after the Master's death. I mean, just think of just what could have become of me and how many more deaths that I could have been responsible for, if he'd dropped me off and left me to remain the emotionally-shutdown version of myself that I was then. Not to mention what could have become of me, if it weren't for just how much he wished to protect me from the future events that have yet to even take place for him."

It was then that the second Doctor peeked his head around the controls and asked, "What are you all talking about over there?"

With a shake of her head, Annabelle said to him, "It's nothing to worry about, Doctor."

When he only continued to stare at her, she opened her mouth to say something more to him, only to stop when the younger version of herself had told him, "She was talking about the Master and something about a future event that neither of us have faced just yet."

With furrowed eyebrows, the second Doctor asked the older version of Annabelle, "Why would you be talking about the Master?"

Instead of answering his question, the older version of Annabelle only glanced over at the oldest Doctor, who only let out a sigh.

As he repeatedly looked between his future self and the older version of Annabelle, the second Doctor asked them, "I'm sorry, am I missing something here?" When neither of them had responded to his question, he asked them, "Why do you both have those looks on your faces?"

After only blinking to herself, the older version of Annabelle said to the second Doctor, "It's nothing to worry about, Doctor. I promise." When he only frowned at her, she said to him, "Our biggest concern right now is stopping those Zygons. Anything that you might want an answer to will have to wait until after we've defeated them. Okay?"

Instead of responding to her words, the second Doctor only deepened his frown when he saw the almost sad look that the older version of Annablele had on her face at the mere thought of the future events that had yet to take place for either of them in his current timeline.

However, before he could question her on the look that she had on her face, sparks had come out of the controls, which got him to let out a yell.

And then he said, "The desktop is glitching."

The youngest Doctor said, "Three of us from different time zones. It's trying to compensate."

Then– after taking a couple of steps away from the controls– the oldest Doctor pointed behind himself and said, "Hey, look. The round things."

With a shake of his head, the second Doctor said, "I love the round things."

Then the oldest Doctor asked him, "What are the round things?"

With another shake of his head, the second Doctor replied, "No idea."

While the older version of Annabelle had only sighed to herself with a bit of a forced smile on her face as she watched the interaction between the two versions of the Doctor that she'd spent the past twelve years of her life traveling with, the oldest Doctor said, "Oh, dear, the friction contrafibulator!" Then– after pulling a switch– he said, "Ha! There, stabilized."

As he looked around at the inside of the TARDIS, the second Doctor said, "Oh, you've redecorated. I don't like it."

While the younger version of Annabelle had only snorted to herself in response to his words, the oldest Doctor said to him, "Oh, yeah? Oh, you never do. Listen. We're going to the National Gallery. The Zygons are underneath it."

With a point of her finger, Clara said, "No, UNIT HQ. They followed us there. In the Black Archive." After the three Doctors had only turned their heads to look over at her, she said, "Okay, so you've heard of that, then."

* * *

As he walked through the underground part of UNIT, one of the Zygons said, "The equipment here is phenomenal. The humans don't realize what half this stuff does. We could conquer their world in a day."

Then another Zygon said, "We were fortunate, then, in our choice of duplicate."

With a raise of his head, the first Zygon said, "If I were human, I'd say it was Christmas."

As she quickly walked into the room with the scarf-wearing woman close behind her, Kate Stewart said to the Zygon, "No, I'm afraid you wouldn't. We're not armed. You may relax."

The second Zygon replied, "We are armed. You may not."

With a mere turn of her head, Kate said, "Lock the door. I'm afraid we can't be interrupted." As she walked towards the table with the woman close behind her, she asked the Zygon, "You don't mind if I get comfortable?"

In turn, the Zygon asked her, "You don't mind if I do?"

Then– as it also walked towards the table– it had transformed into Kate Stewart, who silently stared at the duplicate of herself and watched as it sat across from her.

It was then that she said to her duplicate, "You'll realize there are protocols protecting this place." After placing her hands onto the table, she said, "Osgood?"

From where she stood behind Kate Stewart, Osgood said, "In the event of alien incursion, the contents of this room are deemed so dangerous, it will self-destruct in..."

Then Kate Stewart said, "Five minutes."

Shortly after a bleeping was heard, Kate said, "There's a nuclear warhead 20 feet beneath us. Are you sitting comfortably?"

Her duplicate asked her, "You would destroy London?"

Kate replied, "To save the world? Yes, I would."

In turn, her duplicate said to her, "You're bluffing."

Then Kate asked the Zygon, "You really think so? Somewhere in your memory is a man called Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart. I'm his daughter."

It was then that the voice of the oldest Doctor could be heard saying, "Science leads, Kate. Is that what you meant? Is that what your father meant?"

In turn, Kate said, "Doctor?"

Then the Doctor said to her, "Space-time telegraph, Kate. A gift from me to your father. Hotline straight to the TARDIS. I know about the Black Archive, and I know about the security protocol. Kate, please... Please tell me you are not about to do something unbelievably stupid."

While both versions of Annabelle had only stared at the controls of the TARDIS with their arms crossed over their chests, Kate said, "I'm sorry, Doctor. Switch it off."

Then the second Doctor said to her, "Not as sorry as you will be." After taking a quick couple of steps towards the controls, he said, "This is not a decision you will ever be able to live with!"

Then– after the two older Doctors had simply stared at one another– the inside of the TARDIS had shaken, which got the oldest Doctor to say, "Kate! We're trying to bring the TARDIS in. Why can't we land?"

Kate said to him, "I said switch it off."

The oldest Doctor replied, "No, Kate, please, just listen to me!"

After a noise was heard on the inside of the TARDIS, the second Doctor said, "Tower of London. Totally TARDIS-proof."

Clara asked him, "How can they do that?"

The oldest Doctor said to her, "Alien technology, plus human stupidity. Trust me, it's unbeatable."

After the younger version of Annabelle had only raised her eyebrows with a mere tilt of her head, the second Doctor said to her, "Not now, Annabelle." After both versions of Annabelle had looked over at him, he said, "Oh, come on, you know what I mean."

When they only continued to stare at him, the second Doctor let out a sigh before he said, "Well, so much for you changing a lot."

After the older version of Annabelle had only stared at him with her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth had fallen open just a little bit in response to his words and the younger version of Annabelle had simply rolled her eyes at him, the youngest Doctor said, "We don't need to land."

In turn, the second Doctor said to him, "Yeah, we do, a tiny bit. Try and keep up."

The youngest Doctor replied, "No, we don't. We don't. There is another way." After grabbing the stasis and holding it in his hands, he said, "'Cup-a-Soup'."

After the oldest Doctor had grinned to himself as he looked over at the second Doctor, the youngest Doctor asked, "What is Cup-a-Soup?"

* * *

While the older version of Annabelle had simply covered Kai's mouth with one of her hands after he'd attempted to call the second Doctor 'Patient' again, the five supernatural beings could hear– on the other end of the phone that the oldest Doctor had pressed up against his ear– a voice say, "McGillop."

Then the oldest Doctor said to him, "Take a look at your phone and confirm who you're talking to."

After a few seconds of silence, McGillop said to him, "But that's not possible. I was just..."

The oldest Doctor replied, "You were just talking to me. I know. I'm a time-traveler. Figure it out. I need you to send the Gallifrey Falls painting to the Black Archive. Understood?"

In turn, McGillop said to him, "Understood, sir, but why would I take it there?"

And while the oldest Doctor continued to talk to McGillop on the phone, Joseph took a couple of steps closer to where the older version of Annabelle stood before he quietly said to her, "So, I know that you said that the Doctor with the trenchcoat was the same one that you traveled with for two years, but what I don't understand is the way that the guy is talking to you. Is that how you guys talked to each other back then?" When she only nodded her head, he asked her, "And that doesn't bother you?"

As she turned to look up at Joseph, she asked him, "Why should it bother me? It's only the Doctor. He can't help how he talks to others. And besides, the Doctor has been through a lot. He can't exactly be faulted for how he talks to others in a state of chaos– like the one that we're in now."

After seeing the way that she was staring up at him, Joseph said to her, "Look, don't take it the wrong way, alright? I trust the Doctor enough to know that he'll find some way to get rid of these Zygons, but you said it yourself. You haven't seen this face of his since the day he regenerated into the guy that he is now– and that was ten years ago and on the same exact day that you'd been put through a second day of hell because of the guy that Kai likes to call 'Servant'. And for all we know, it's only been a few weeks or so since you woke up from that spell that Kai and Dorothy put on you after the guy that Kai called Logan held you hostage for three days and had a witch put a spell on you and did what he did to your head. What if seeing this face of his and being around him long enough is enough to get you to maybe relapse into the person that you were before the spell that Kai and Dorothy put on you?"

With a shake of her head, she asked him, "What makes you so sure that this relapse that you fear I'll have will even happen to begin with?" When he only sighed in response to her words, she said to him, "I have no reason to revert back to the person that I was then. Seeing the fact that he used to have or even being around him won't be enough to get me to revert back to the person that I was then. I doubt that even seeing the mere face of the Servant in my head like I had before the Doctor had taken him out of my head would be enough to get me back to the person that I was ten years ago."

With a nod of his head, Joseph said to her, "Yeah, I know. I know that he's done good by you and whatnot, but I can't exactly be blamed for wanting to make sure that you don't become the person that you were when I was your date to the ball that you and your family threw nine years ago. You've grown a lot since then– solely because of the good effects that Dorothy and the Doctor had on you during the time that you've known them. I just don't want to risk anything going wrong, Annabelle, that's all." When she only tilted her head at him, he said to her, "Hey, I do trust him, okay? The only thing that I don't trust is the idea of what sort of an effect that the spell Kai and Dorothy had put on you before you woke up. For all I know, it could be weak enough to get you to become the person that you were before after a simple reminder of your past and I'd hate to see you get back to the person that you were then– the unstable member of your family that cared about no one but yourself, your siblings and the Doctor. I like the person that you've become and I'd hate it if you turned back into how you used to be because of your run-in with this past version of the Doctor."

In response to his words, Annabelle only sighed to herself before she looked back over at the second Doctor, who was looking between herself and Joseph with furrowed eyebrows.

Then– upon realizing that Annabelle had caught him looking in her direction– he looked away from her, which got Annabelle to sigh to herself with a mere shake of her head before she said to Joseph, "You won't have to worry about that sort of thing. The Doctor wouldn't let that sort of thing happen. He saw how I was as a result of the tortures that the Master had inflicted upon me. He wouldn't risk the chance of me reverting back to the person that I was before. He wouldn't allow it."

After a couple seconds of silence, Joseph asked her, "Do you think he has any idea of just how much you trust him? You know, the one that you used to travel with before?"

With a shake of her head, she said to him, "No, he doesn't, nor does he know just how much this past version of myself cares about him. He won't know just how much she cares about him until it's too late."

The only response that she received from Joseph was a mere sigh before he crossed his arms over his chest and watched how the second Doctor continued to occasionally eye the older version of Annabelle and how she was unknowingly allowing Joseph to stand as close to her as he was at that exact moment.

* * *

After the three Doctors had come to a halt in front of Kate Stewart and her duplicate, the youngest Doctor said to them, "Hello."

Then the second Doctor said to them, "I'm the Doctor."

With a shake of his head, the oldest Doctor said, "Sorry about the Dalek."

After a spark had come out of the Dalek and Dorothy and Joseph had only stared down at the unmoving Dalek with their heads tilted to the side and different looks on each of their faces, Clara said, "Also the showing-off."

Then the oldest Doctor took a couple of steps forward and asked, "Kate Lethbridge-Stewart, what in the name of sanity are you doing?"

Kate Stewart told him, "The countdown can only be halted at my personal command. There's nothing you can do."

In turn, the second Doctor said to her, "Except make you both agree to halt it."

Kate replied, "Not even for three of you."

As he took a step forward, the youngest Doctor said to her, "You're about to murder millions of people."

Kate retorted, "To save people. How many times have you made that calculation?"

While the younger Annabelle's veins had come onto display in response to Kate's words, the oldest Doctor said, "Once. It turned me into the man I am now. Not even sure who that is anymore."

As he walked towards another side of the table, the second Doctor said, "You tell yourself it's justified, but it's a lie, because what I did that day was wrong. Just wrong."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "And because I got it wrong, I'm going to make you get it right."

After the two older Doctors dragged over chairs, sat down into the chairs and then proceeded to put their legs up onto the table, one of the Kate Stewarts asked them, "How?"

After they had both crossed their arms over their chests, the second Doctor said, "Any second now, you're going to stop that countdown. Both of you, together."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "And then you're going to negotiate the most perfect treaty of all time."

Then the second Doctor said, "Safeguards all round. Completely fair on both sides."

While the youngest Doctor had only stared at his future selves with a smile on his face, the oldest Doctor said, "And the key to perfect negotiation..."

The second Doctor said, "...not knowing what side you're on."

Then– after they'd both pushed back their chairs and stood up from it– the oldest Doctor told them, "So, for the next few hours, until we decide to let you out..."

The second Doctor said to them, "No one in this room will be able to remember if they're human..."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "...or a Zygon."

As he jumped up onto the table, the second Doctor yelled, "Whoops-a-daisy!"

Then all three Doctors proceeded to point their sonic screwdrivers up at a certain point on the ceiling of the room, shortly before the object that they had their sonic screwdrivers pointed at had let out a single spark.

It wasn't until both Kate Stewarts had raised their heads and saw the countdown had been brought down to mere seconds that they both yelled, "Cancel the detonation!"

While the three Doctors had started to lower their screwdrivers, the oldest Doctor said, "Peace in our time."

* * *

Simultaneously, both the oldest Doctor and the second Doctor had opened the doors to their own separate TARDIS's before they stepped out of their respective TARDIS's with their own companions close behind each of them.

Slowly, the eight of them made their way over towards the youngest Doctor, while Clara said in a whisper to the oldest Doctor, "I told you he hasn't done it yet."

Then the youngest Doctor said to them, "Go away, now. All of you. This is for me."

After the youngest Doctor had turned his back on them, the second Doctor said, "These events should be time-locked. We shouldn't even be here."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "So something let us through."

Then the youngest Doctor said to them, "Go back. Go back to your lives. Go and be the Doctor that I could never be. Make it worthwhile."

After the youngest Doctor had put his hand onto the red and jewel-shaped button, the second Doctor said to him, "All those years burying you in my memory."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "Pretending you didn't exist. Keeping you a secret, even from myself."

After the youngest Doctor had removed his hand from the button and only stared ahead of himself, the second Doctor said, "Pretending you weren't the Doctor, when you were the Doctor more than anybody else."

As he made his way over towards the youngest Doctor, the oldest Doctor told him, "You were the Doctor on the day it wasn't possible to get it right."

From where he stood on the other side of the youngest Doctor, the second Doctor said to him, "But this time..."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "...you don't have to do it alone."

After several seconds of silence, the youngest Doctor said, "Thank you."

Then the second Doctor said, "What we do today is not out of fear or hatred. It is done because there is no other way."

While the older version of Annabelle only closed her eyes with a sigh in response to their words, the oldest Doctor said, "And it is done in the name of the many lives we are failing to save."

Then– after looking between his past selves and only nodding his head at them– the Doctor looked over in the direction of where Clara was standing with her fellow companions.

He looked at the two separate versions of Annabelle Mikaelson and also Clara Oswald.

For once, both the younger and older versions of Annabelle had almost the same look on their faces– a single look of disappointment.

During the time in which they'd both traveled with the older Doctors, they'd heard many times about just how much they regretted being the ones that had wiped out all life that remained on the planet of Gallifrey because of the ongoing Time War with the Daleks.

And now there they were, watching their Doctors do just that when all they'd heard was just how much they would like to go back and keep them from wiping out their entire race.

And it was because of their disappointment on the matter that the younger version of Annabelle only turned her head to look away from the Doctor that she'd spent nearly two years of her life traveling with.

She couldn't even be bothered to close her eyes because of just how much the Master had continued to haunt her– due to the fact that she hadn't even gotten to the point where the Doctor had removed the remnants of the Master from her mind.

Then there was the older version of Annabelle, who had simply kept her eyes closed and bowed her head– not even being able to bear the mere sight of the Doctor wiping out his own race once more.

And then the oldest Doctor had looked at Clara, who simply shook her head with tears rolling down both sides of her face.

This alone got the oldest Doctor to say to her, "What?" When she only continued to shake her head at him, he asked her, "What is it? What?"

Clara replied, "Nothing."

In turn, the oldest Doctor said to her, "No. Something. Tell me."

With a shake of her head, Clara said to him, "You told me you wiped out your own people. I just... I never pictured you doing it. That's all."

It wasn't long after she'd said those words that each of them found themselves standing on a burning street and could hear the screaming of others, shortly before Clara asked, "What's happening?"

The youngest Doctor said to her, "Nothing. It's just a projection."

While the the younger version of Annabelle only stared at those that were running past them with a bit of a frown on her face as she listened to the sound of screaming children, the older version of Annabelle and her three friends each had different looks on their faces as a result of what they were seeing and hearing.

As someone that had killed his entire family and the two covens that he was the leader of, Kai Parker didn't look the least bit bothered by what he was seeing and hearing.

The most that he did was look around himself as if he was bored and he wasn't listening to the screams of terrified children and saw the looks of horror on the faces of those that ran past them.

Then there was Dorothy Sullivan, who was the complete opposite of her father.

She looked troubled from the screams that she heard.

The last time that she heard any sort of a scream to an extent that was the least bit similar to this was the day that her mother had died at her Aunt Jo's wedding with Alaric Saltzman when Annabelle and Kai had appeared behind Jo Laughlin and Kai had assaulted everyone that had attended the wedding with his magic.

Then there was Joseph Valentine, who was being reminded of the screams of a woman that he used to be friends with before the woman he'd befriended, her descendant and the descendant's infant were all murdered by William Kelly five years ago.

Granted, the screaming of those that ran past them was far worse because of the apparent Time War that he'd heard the Doctor mention a few times in the time that he'd been traveling with the Doctor, but still.

He couldn't help but be reminded of the screams that came out of their mouths, while William had murdered them and he had to act like it didn't bother him– which was another thing that had led to him betraying William the way that he did.

And then there was the older version of Annabelle Mikaelson, who looked positively distraught.

Although she'd been the cause of the deaths of many children– no matter just how old they were– during the majority of her life as a vampire, she had never quite heard the terrified screams like she could at that moment as women and children alike ran around the streets screaming.

And although this was about the Doctors and the choice that they had to make, Annabelle couldn't help but wonder if the terror that she could hear in the screams of those that ran past them was similar to the terror that her husband, her children and all those that she'd slaughtered in the past had to have felt during the five-hundred and eighty-eight years of her life that she'd spent playing that formerly beloved game of hers.

Not to mention the children that she'd murdered after Kol was murdered by Jeremy Gilbert eight years ago– namely the ones that she'd killed by setting them on fire prior to Rebekah snapping her neck and taking her to New Orleans after Annabelle had dropped back off inside of the home by River Song after the events that took place at Demon's Run.

For eight-hundred and ninety-three years of her life, she'd caused so much terror and horror and made herself become that fearsome being that many knew her as.

She'd built the reputation that she had as the most unstable member of her family because of the losses that she suffered in her life and in doing so, she had committed so many atrocities.

The only reason that she hadn't done just that for nine-hundred years of her life was because of the time that she was traveling with the Doctor and the many things that he'd opened her eyes to and making her realize that there was more to life than just the things that she saw on Earth during the millennia that she'd spent as a vampire.

And while she thought back on just how many children she had to have made as terrified as the ones that ran past them screaming were at that exact moment, Clara quickly turned to face the Doctors and asked them, "These are the people you're going to burn?"

The second Doctor said to her, "There isn't anything we can do."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "You're right. There isn't another way. There never was. Either I destroy my own people, or let the universe burn."

In turn, Clara said to them, "Look at you. The three of you. The warrior. The hero. And you."

After taking a couple of steps towards Clara, the oldest Doctor asked her, "And what am I?"

Clara asked him, "Have you really forgotten?"

The oldest Doctor said to her, "Yes. Maybe, yes."

Clara told him, "We've got enough warriors. Any old idiot can be a hero."

While the older version of Annabelle had only blinked to herself as she listened to the siren that was wailing, the oldest Doctor asked Clara, "Then what do I do?"

After only letting out a sigh, Clara said to him, "What you've always done. Be a Doctor. You told me the name you chose was a promise. What was the promise?"

The second Doctor said to her, "Never cruel or cowardly."

Then the youngest Doctor said, "Never give up. Never give in."

Several seconds after those words were said, they had each found themselves standing back inside of the same room before.

It wasn't until after the oldest Doctor had looked over at his two past selves that the second Doctor asked him, "You're not actually suggesting that we change our own personal history?"

In turn, the second Doctor said to him, "We change history all the time. I'm suggesting something far worse."

Then the youngest Doctor asked the oldest Doctor, "What, exactly?"

While the older version of Annabelle had only looked between the three Doctors with furrowed eyebrows, the oldest Doctor said, "Gentlemen, I have had 400 years to think about this. I've changed my mind."

Then– after pulling out his sonic screwdriver– he pointed it at the red button, shortly before the button had slowly shrunken down back into the device and then disappeared.

While the two older Doctors walked in two separate directions, the youngest Doctor said, "There's still a billion billion Daleks up there, attacking."

In turn, the oldest Doctor started to quickly walk back over towards the TARDIS as he said to him, "Yep, there is. There is."

Then the second Doctor said, "But... there's something those billion billion Daleks don't know."

With a point of his finger, the oldest Doctor said, "'Cause if they did, they'd probably send for reinforcements."

As she took a step forward, Clara asked, "What? What don't they know?"

With a laugh, the oldest Doctor said, "This time, there's three of us."

With a raise of his head, the youngest Doctor yelled, "Oh! Oh, yes, that is good! That is brilliant."

Then– a couple of seconds later– the second Doctor yelled, "Oh! Oh, I'm getting that too! That is brilliant!"

While the two versions of Annabelle, the single vampire and the two heretics only looked between the three Doctors with different looks on each of their faces, the oldest Doctor said, "I've been thinking about it for centuries."

Then the youngest Doctor said, "She didn't just show me any old future. She told me exactly the future I needed to see!"

In turn, the oldest Doctor said to him, "Eh? Who did?"

Then the youngest Doctor said, "Oh, Bad Wolf Girl, I could kiss you."

With furrowed eyebrows, the second Doctor asked him, "Sorry, did you just say 'Bad Wolf'?"

Then the younger version of Annabelle took a step forward and said, "Bad Wolf?"

Then the older version of Annabelle took a step forward of her own as she asked, "Bad Wolf? As in Rose Tyler Bad Wolf?"

With furrowed eyebrows, Dorothy asked, "Who's Rose Tyler?"

Then Joseph asked, "And, uh, what's Bad Wolf?"

While the second Doctor and the two versions of Annabelle had only shared a look with one another, Clara took a step forward and asked, "So, what are we doing? What's the plan?"

The youngest Doctor told her, "The Dalek fleets are surrounding Gallifrey, firing on it constantly."

As he took a quick couple of steps towards Clara, the second Doctor said, "The Sky Trench is holding. But what if the whole planet just disappeared?"

In turn, Clara said to him, "Tiny bit of an ask."

The second Doctor said to her, "The Daleks would be firing on each other. They'd destroy themselves in their own crossfire."

Then the youngest Doctor said, "Gallifrey will be gone. The Daleks will be destroyed. And it would look to the rest of the universe as if they'd annihilated each other."

Clara asked them, "But where would Gallifrey be?"

With a mere raise of his eyebrows, the second Doctor replied, "Frozen. Frozen in an instant of time, safe and hidden away."

In turn, the oldest Doctor said, "Exactly."

In a whisper, the youngest Doctor said, "Like a painting."

While the three Doctors had grinned to themselves and the second Doctor had started to laugh, Kai said with a mere tilt of his head, "You know, for an idiot like the Doctor, this doesn't sound like that bad of a plan."

Simultaneously, both of the older Doctors had turned to Kai and yelled, "Oi!"

The only response that they received from Kai was him simply raising his head a bit with a smirk on his face and his eyebrows raised.

* * *

While the older version of Annabelle stood with her three friends and Clara far enough away from the oldest Doctor, the oldest Doctor said, "Hello. Hello, Gallifrey High Command. This is the Doctor speaking."

Then the second Doctor said, "Hello! Also the Doctor. Can you hear me?"

Then the youngest Doctor said, "Also the Doctor. Standing ready."

Then they heard a voice say, "Dear God. Three of them. All my worst nightmares at once."

While Kai had only snorted to himself in response to the man's words, the second Doctor said, "General, we have a plan."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "We should point out at this moment it is a fairly terrible plan..."

Then the second Doctor said, "...and almost certainly won't work."

The oldest Doctor said to the second Doctor, "I was happy with 'fairly terrible'."

The second Doctor replied, "Sorry, I was just thinking aloud."

Then the oldest Doctor told the General, "We are flying our three TARDISes into your lower atmosphere."

Then the second Doctor said, "We're positioned at equidistant intervals around the globe. 'Equidistant'. So grown-up."

While the younger version of Annabelle had only eyed him with her nose scrunched up in response to his words, the youngest Doctor said, "Just about ready to do it."

The General asked them, "Ready to do what?"

The oldest Doctor told him, "We're going to freeze Gallifrey."

In turn, the General said, "I'm sorry? What?"

The second Doctor said to him, "Using our TARDISes, we're gonna freeze Gallifrey in a single moment in time."

Then the youngest Doctor said, "You know, like those Stasis Cubes? Single moment in time, held in a parallel pocket universe."

With a wave of his hands, the oldest Doctor said, "Except we're going to do it to a whole planet."

Then the second Doctor said, "And all the people on it."

Once more, the General said, "What? Even if that were possible, which it isn't, why would you do such a thing?"

The oldest Doctor replied, "Because the alternative is burning."

Then the second Doctor said, "And I've seen that."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "And I never want to see it again."

The General told them, "We'd be lost in another universe, frozen in a single moment. We'd have nothing."

With a point of his finger, the oldest Doctor said to him, "You would have hope. And right now, that is exactly what you don't have."

The General replied, "It's delusional. Why, the calculations alone would take hundreds of years."

In turn, the oldest Doctor said to him, "Oh, hundreds and hundreds."

With a shake of his head, the second Doctor said, "But don't worry. I started a very long time ago."

It wasn't long afterwards that another voice could be heard saying, "Warning the War Council of Gallifrey. This is the Doctor."

Then the oldest Doctor said, "You might say I've been doing this all my lives."

Another Doctor said, "Good luck."

Then another said, "Stand by."

Another said, "Ready."

Another said, "Commencing calculations."

Yet another said, "Soon be there."

Another one said, "Across the boundaries that divide one universe from another."

While the older version of Annabelle had simply chuckled to herself as she listened to the voices of the different Doctors that she'd met over the years, another Doctor said, "We'll lock onto its coordinates."

One more Doctor said, "And for my next trick..."

It was then that the General said, "I didn't know when I was well off. All twelve of them!"

In turn, one of the men in the room had said to him, "No, sir. All thirteen!"

While the older version of Annabelle simply grinned to herself and the younger version of herself was still trying to process the fact that she could hear the voices of past Doctors that she'd seen and tried to kill in the past, another voice said, "Sir, the Daleks know that something is happening. They're increasing their firepower."

It wasn't long after the man had said those words that the General said, "Do it, Doctor. Just do it. Do it!"

With a slight raise of his head, the oldest Doctor said, "Okay. Gentlemen, we're ready." After adjusting his bowtie and pushing up a lever, he yelled, "Geronimo!"

Following that, the second Doctor yelled, "Allons-y!"

Then the third Doctor said, "Oh, for God's sake. Gallifrey stands!"

* * *

With furrowed eyebrows, the youngest Doctor said, "I don't suppose we'll ever know if we actually succeeded. But at worst, we failed doing the right thing, as opposed to succeeding in doing the wrong."

In turn, Clara said to him, "Life and soul, you are."

While Kai only snorted to himself in response to Clara's words, the second Doctor took a couple of steps forward and asked, "What is it actually called?"

The oldest Doctor said to him, "Well, there's some debate. Either No More or Gallifrey Falls."

The youngest Doctor replied, "Not very encouraging."

Then the second Doctor asked, "How did it get here?"

The oldest Doctor said to him, "No idea."

After the oldest Doctor had taken off his glasses, the second Doctor said to him, "There's always something we don't know, isn't there?"

While the second Doctor had taken a sip of his tea, the youngest Doctor said, "I should certainly hope so." While the two older Doctors had turned to face him, he said, "Well, gentlemen, it has been an honor and a privilege."

With a nod of his head, the second Doctor said to him, "Likewise."

With a nod of his own head, the oldest Doctor said, "Doctor."

After nodding his own head, the youngest Doctor said to Clara, "And if I grow to be half the man that you are, Clara Oswald, I shall be happy indeed."

While the older version of Annabelle had only chuckled to herself in response to the looks that the two Doctors had on their faces, Clara said to the youngest Doctor, "That's right. Aim high."

After getting a hug and a kiss on the side of the face from Clara, the youngest Doctor turned to his future selves and asked them, "I won't remember this, will I?"

The oldest Doctor told him, "The timestreams are out of sync. You can't retain it, no."

In turn, the youngest Doctor said, "So I won't remember that I tried to save Gallifrey, rather than burn it. And I have to live with that. But for now, for this moment, I am the Doctor again. Thank you." Then he looked between the two versions of Annabelle before he asked, "And can I just say how odd and unusual it is that we manage to befriend Annabelle Mikaelson– someone that had wanted us dead for hundreds of years?"

Shortly after the younger version of Annabelle had only raised her eyebrows at him, the youngest Doctor looked between the three TARDISes before he asked, "Which one is mine?" After his future selves had both looked at the TARDIS that stood the closest to them, he said, "Ha!"

It wasn't long after he'd stepped into the TARDIS that it started to disappear– leaving the eight of them to stare at the disappearing TARDIS.

It wasn't until after the TARDIS had disappeared and Clara sat back down onto her bench that the second Doctor took off his glasses and said to the older one, "I won't remember, either, so you might as well tell me."

As he took a couple of steps forward, the older Doctor replied, "Tell you what?"

The younger Doctor said to him, "Where it is we're going that you don't want to talk about."

After several seconds of silence, the older Doctor told him, "I saw Trenzalore, where we're buried. We die in battle, among millions."

In turn, the younger Doctor said to him, "That's not how it's supposed to be."

The older Doctor replied, "That's how the story ends. Nothing we can do about it. Trenzalore is where you're going."

Then the younger Doctor said to him, "Oh, never say 'nothing'. Anyway, good to know my future is in safe hands." As he started to walk past Clara and the older version of Annabelle and her three friends, he said, "Keep a tight hold on it, Clara."

Clara said to him, "Mm. On it."

Then– after holding out her hand towards the younger Doctor– Clara simply watched as he raised her hand and kissed the back of it before he raised his eyebrows at his future self.

As he started to walk towards his TARDIS, he said to the younger version of Annabelle, "Come on, Annabelle. Lots to do, lots to see, lots of people to keep you from killing in the meantime." Then– after coming to a halt in front of his TARDIS– he said to his future self, "Trenzalore. We need a new destination, because... I don't wanna go."

Then– after stepping into the TARDIS with the younger version of Annabelle close behind him– he closed it behind both of them, which left the four of them to stand in place and wait for the TARDIS to disappear from sight.

However, instead of it doing just that, the door to the TARDIS had opened and out came the younger Doctor once more and he started to walk in the direction of the older version of Annabelle as he said, "No, no, no, no. Wait a tick. I can't leave until I find out something from you." Then– after coming to a halt in front of her and staring down at her– he said to her, "You mentioned that you hadn't seen my face in ten years."

When she only nodded her head in response to his words, he asked her, "What happened?" When she didn't respond to his words, he said to her, "Ever since you, your friend and my future self had appeared in front of me, you've looked sad whenever you look at me. So, what happens? What happens that makes you look so sad when seeing me?"

Instead of immediately answering his question, Annabelle only stared up into his dark brown eyes and felt her eyes starting to burn from the water that was building up inside of them.

After watching her repeatedly look between his eyes with a deep frown on her face, he asked her, "Annabelle, what is it? What happens the last time that we see each other with this face?"

She said to him, "You regenerate."

In turn, he said to her, "Yeah, I get that. But what exactly led to my regeneration?"

After letting out a sigh, she told him, "The Master. He gets brought back to life. I get captured by a group of humans. The Master tortures me for two days. The Time Lords and Gallifrey reappear. You send Gallifrey and all that reside on it back into the time lock– including the Master himself." Then– after letting out a shaky sigh– she said, "You force us to go our separate ways after your regeneration process has started. You couldn't bear letting me watch you regenerate after what the Master did to me. I cried in your arms. And upon my behest, you shove a makeshift stake into my heart because we both knew that I would go against your wish and be with you if it weren't for that stake. Then– after the effects of being staked had truly hit me– you covered me with a blanket and left me a letter that told me about how you believed that your choice of leaving me behind was you doing me a favor. And in that letter, you apologized to me because of your belief that you were at fault for what the Master did to me. And that was it. Prior to today, I'd never seen your face again."

After gulping to herself, she said, "I wanted to see your face, but I couldn't. The next time that I saw you, you'd already regenerated, and you were quite adamant in your belief of bowties being cool for whatever reason that you had. Seeing how you were in your last moments with this face hurt me a lot more than I would have thought that it would. And despite how relieved I am to see your face again and see you act the way that you did, it hurts me to know about what happens during the Christmas of 2009. And not even that. You were the first person outside of my family that had been as kind to me as you have been– despite the many years that I'd wanted you dead because of what had happened during my first interaction with you. And despite the fact that it's been ten years since the day that you regenerated, I still sometimes wish that I could see this face– the face that I'd spent two years of my life traveling with. I never thought that I would actually get that chance, though. And so here I am– preparing myself for when you step back into your TARDIS, and I never have the chance of seeing you again."

After letting out a sigh of his own, he said to her, "Tell me something. Before I regenerated, did we ever get the chance to say a proper goodbye?"

The only response that he received was the mere sight of her shaking her head as a single tear rolled down the side of her face.

After letting out yet another sigh, the younger Doctor lightly grabbed her arms and pulled her closer to himself before he wrapped his own arms around her.

Then he felt Annabelle tightly wrap her own arms around him before she turned her head and quietly said to him, "I know that you won't remember me saying this, Doctor, but I do hope that you know that you are a good man, and you are also a good friend of mine. You've changed my life for the better in a way that none outside of my family had ever done for me in over a thousand years prior to the moment in which I had first stepped inside of your TARDIS. I've grown to care about you almost as much as I care about Kol. And I want you to know that nothing the Master had done to me during the nearly three years that he'd spent torturing me or the two days that he will spend torturing me during your final Christmas with this face is your fault. I also want you to know that I don't blame you for any of it. There was nothing that you could have done to prevent it– just as there was nothing that I could have done to prevent it. The only one who is at fault for the fear that the Master instilled in me is the Master himself and no one else." Then– after letting out another sigh– she said to him in a whisper, "Thank you for being a good friend to me in a time when I needed it the most. I will never forget it for as long as I live. This, I promise you, Doctor."

Then she let her hands fall back down to her sides and stepped back from him before she said to him, "Goodbye, Doctor."

In turn, he said to her, "Goodbye, Annabelle Mikaelson."

When Annabelle only smiled up at him in response to his words, he let out a sigh before he quickly pulled her back to him and wrapped his arms around her once more.

And as he continued to hold her close to himself, he said, "You've changed so much, Annabelle Mikaelson. You are so different to the person you were when you first stepped into my TARDIS before I took you and Martha with me, and we had each met William Shakespeare. And even though I won't remember any of this, just know that I am really glad to see how much better you've become. I just wish that I could remember seeing you like this with this face of mine. But I can't." As he pulled back from her a bit and lightly grabbed onto the sides of her face, he said, "See, you don't even flinch from being grabbed at like this. You've changed so much, and I won't be able to remember this. Do you have any idea just how much I've wanted to see this sort of a change in you after what he did to you? I mean, I've seen you smile. I've seen you not even bother to shy from getting grabbed at. I've heard you laugh. I've heard you talk a lot more to your friends than you do with me at this point in your life. And I won't even be able to remember any of this."

After letting out another sigh, she said to him, "I'm sorry, Doctor."

In turn, he said to her, "No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I won't remember this, and I won't remember the person that you've become– the person that I can see standing in front of me with the most emotion that I've ever seen on your face. I mean, the most that I've ever seen is anger, hurt, annoyance or even the slightest bit of amusement on your face. Never before have I ever seen you look at someone like you're looking at me now." When more tears had only rolled down the sides of her face, he carefully wiped them away before he said, "Don't cry, alright? Don't you cry. This isn't the last you see of me. You said it yourself. I regenerate."

She replied, "But this is the last time that I see your face and I don't even know if I'll remember seeing your face again after we leave. I don't know if I'll remember actually getting a proper goodbye from you this time." After repeatedly looking between his dark brown eyes, she said to him, "You were the first friend that I made as a vampire that actually was there for me in a way that none, but Kol had ever been in my long life. It was your face that helped me through the aftermath of what the Master had done to me. It was your face that I had befriended. It was your face that I made sure that I saw one last time before the effects of being staked had truly hit me. You changed me for the better in only two years, while others had failed at doing just that in the long life that I've had. I went from hating you for over five-hundred years of my life, and in only two years of my life, it was your face that changed all of that. I don't want to leave this place, if it means that I don't remember seeing your face again for the first time in ten years. It was your face that I befriended. I don't want to go without seeing it again."

He told her, "But you must. It's like you said, Annabelle. It's been ten years since you have last seen my face. Our time of traveling together with this face has already come to an end. Nothing you do can change that, no matter how much you might want to. And you're traveling with a future version of myself with your friends. I can't possibly take you away from that– not with a past version of yourself that's still traveling with me." When she only closed her eyes and gulped to herself, he asked her, "Don't you see just how much better you've become in our time apart? Now, you don't even flinch or react strongly whenever you close your eyes. Do you not see just better you are in the time part of your life that you're in than the person that you were when we were still traveling together? You're so much better and so much stronger than you were after what had been done to you. You're smiling. You're laughing. You're happier. You're so much happier than you ever were during the two years that you'd spent traveling with me."

In turn, she said to him, "I might have been tormented by the Master for months after what he did to me, but don't think that means that I was never happy when I was traveling with you." When he only sighed in response to her words, she asked him, "If I wasn't happy when traveling with you, would I have been so sad like I was the day that you regenerated into the man that I'm currently traveling with? Even though Captain Jack Harkness had already told me what happens to Time Lords whenever one of your species is dying, I was still sad about it all. I'd spent six months of my life thinking that I'd never see you again– no matter how you looked. I'd grieved you and then after finding out that you had in fact regenerated, I was both angry and relieved. I was angry because of my belief that you'd abandoned me. And I was also relieved because I knew that my dearest friend wasn't permanently dead. And now you want me to act like I'm not just as relieved now as I was six months after you picked me up because of the short time that we've spent with one another again? Because I can't. I can't just let you go after seeing your face again for the first time in ten years, Doctor."

He said to her, "But you can. After all, you'd gone ten years without seeing my face. I'm sure that you can go the rest of your life without ever seeing it again after today. And besides, my future self might not admit it, but I feel like he will need you– his friend– to be with him and to not hold onto the past that is, well, me. Just like I'm sure your friends will need you, too." As he continued to stare down at her with a small smile on his face, he said to her, "Our time has already passed you by, Annabelle. It wouldn't be fair to take you from your friends and keep you from living the life that has already been set up for you. Besides, you still have good things coming for you in your future– things that are far better than the idea of traveling with me again would ever be."

With a shake of her head, Annabelle said to him, "I can't even imagine what you could consider to be far better than to be traveling with you again because I can't see anything better than traveling with you and seeing you act again like you had ten years ago before everything that happened with the Master."

As he looked past Annabelle and over at Joseph, he said, "You might not be able to see it for yourself, but I can. I can see just how happy you'll be in your future, and I won't take that away from you, no matter just how tempting it is to do as you want and take you with me." Then he looked back at Annabelle and told her, "You deserve the happiness that is waiting for you."

When she only shook her head once more, he said to her, "I wouldn't be that good of a friend to you, if I kept you from the happiness that is waiting for you in your future. Especially when it's so close to your future." As he lightly rubbed the sides of her face with his two thumbs, he told her, "After everything that the Master had done to you, this happiness that you will experience is something that you deserve more than anything and I refuse to take it away from you."

Then– after slightly leaning down and kissing her forehead– he said to her, "Goodbye, Annabelle Mikaelson." When she shook her head once more, he said to her, "Just promise me that you'll live your life to the fullest and you will actually let yourself enjoy your future happiness."

When she didn't respond to his words, he said to her, "Promise me."

With a slight nod of her head, she said to him, "I promise."

In response to her words, he only smiled down at her before he lightly patted the sides of her face and then proceeded to make his way back over towards his TARDIS.

It wasn't until after the younger Doctor had reached his TARDIS, offered Annabelle a smile and then closed the door behind himself that he and the younger version of Annabelle had both disappeared, which resulted in Dorothy to quickly run over towards Annabelle and try to comfort Annabelle at the fact that she was forced to part ways from the younger Doctor for the second time in ten years of her life.

And while Dorothy attempted to do just that, Annabelle knew that she had no right to be this emotional when it came to the Doctor that she'd spent two years of her life traveling with, but how could she not?

He was the very first Doctor that she'd befriended and the first one to treat her the way that he did– not like a fragile doll that could crack at the slightest touch, but as someone that he could make into something stronger, if he had the time to do just that.

Granted, it was the bowtie-and-fez-loving Doctor that had done just that, but she still liked to believe that the sandshoes-wearing Doctor would have done just the same, if he was given the chance to.

And that was one of the few reasons for why she reacted the way that she did at the realization that she would have to part from him again.

He was the first person outside of her family that she could view as a brother– a brother that was there for her almost as much as Kol had been there for her during the two years that she'd spent traveling with the Doctor.

And, yes, the bowtie-and-fez-loving Doctor had grown on her during the nine years of her life that she'd been traveling with him and the few companions that he'd gotten for himself over the years and she loved him in the same way that she loved the sandshoes-wearing Doctor in a way that anyone would platonically love their best friends, but her Doctor– the Doctor that she started to travel around the universe with– was always going to be the one that she preferred over any others that she would meet and interact with.

As far as she knew, there would be no other variations of the Doctor that could ever compare to the one that she'd spent two whole years of her life traveling with.

Because it was that Doctor that– with the help of Donna Noble– got her to feel things again and got her to truly open herself up to the idea of caring about someone.

Granted, she cared about Captain Jack, Martha Jones, Amy Pond, River Song, Rory Williams and even Clara Oswald was starting to grow on her, but it was her Doctor– the one that she'd spent two years of her life traveling with– that had truly opened her up to the idea of caring about something for the first time in over three-hundred years of her life.

And that was before she'd ever found out through Dorothy about William faking his death and leaving her to believe that he'd been killed by her father for over three-hundred years of her life.

That Doctor was one of the few in her life that wouldn't lie to her and who had somehow managed to make her go from hating him and wanting him dead to caring about him and wanting to ensure that not one single person would ever hurt him.

And just like she would with her niece and the two heretics that she had become best friends with, she would set the world on fire– or even the universe, if needed– if anything or anyone had seriously harmed or even killed the Doctor.

And despite not knowing if any of the Doctor's enemies could actually kill her, she wouldn't care.

Because despite just how much she'd changed from how she was before the spell that Dorothy and Kai had put on her, there was one thing that remained about her– her devotion and loyalty towards those that she cared about and the extent that she was willing to go in order to avenge those of her loved ones that were seriously harmed or killed in some sort of way.

Although this fact wasn't quite knowledgeable to Annabelle quite yet, it was something that was already set for her timeline– if it weren't for the fact that she'd started traveling with the Doctor twelve years ago.

It was already set in stone that, after the death of Hayley Marshall-Kenner in the year 2026, Annabelle Mikaelson, Joseph Valentine, Kai Parker and Dorothy Sullivan would all take it upon themselves to hunt down Antoinette and Roman Sienna and– after kidnapping both Antoinette and Roman– both of their bodies would be found with their hearts pulled out of their bodies and their heads forcibly removed from the rest of their bodies before their burnt bodies would be strung up high in the city of New Orleans for everyone to see.

And if this was the extent that Annabelle and her three friends would take only seven years in their futures, it did bring about the question of what sort of an extent towards revenge that Annabelle would take, if the same fate were to ever be forced upon the Doctor and he, too, were to die.

And even though it was a known fact that the Doctor would never want his death to be avenged, Annabelle wouldn't care.

As far as she was concerned, anyone that was worthy enough of gaining her trust was someone that she would willingly kill others for or to even sacrifice her own life for.

And the Doctor just so happened to be one of the few people that she would go to that extent for.

And where Annabelle went, her two heretic friends and her vampire ally weren't that far behind.

And as far as Kai Parker, Dorothy Sullivan and Joseph Valentine were concerned, anything that Annabelle did for those that she cared deeply about were entirely justified and they would help her out with these violent acts of hers, no matter what and no matter the cost.

Because that was just how stubbornly loyal the three of them were to the one that was formerly known as the most unstable member of her family.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

407K 8.7K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...
874K 20.5K 143
- ❝𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠❞ ✨🐺 ❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤. 𝐁𝐮𝐭...
614K 14.4K 57
ᴛʜᴇɴᴀ ꜱᴀʟᴠᴀᴛᴏʀᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʜᴇ ᴄʜᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ. ꜱʜᴇ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʜᴏᴘᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ 𝘗𝘦𝘰𝘱�...
7.7K 152 33
a girl struggling with the will to live and a man whose been taking peoples lives for 1000 years. who ever thought these opposites would attract. St...