glitch | jack hughes

By hughesluvr1989

We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weeken... More

Introduction
Disclaimer
Playlist
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue
Epilogue media pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Epilogue media pt.2
thank you!

Chapter 18

7.7K 61 42
By hughesluvr1989

Josephine

I wake up to soft scratches up and down my arms and the sponging of sweet lips against my cheek. If I listen hard enough I can hear my boyfriend whisper yelling at his brothers to stay quiet. I flutter my eyes open to catch sight of the most breathtaking baby blue eyes. I can't describe how much I adore those eyes that look at me like I hung the moon and stars.

"Hi baby," I sleepily smile, wrapping my arms around Jack's neck to pull him on top of me. "I'm sweaty, J." He chuckles, using his hands to hold himself over me. I huff softly and say "Well then let's take a shower." He smirks, quickly flicking his eyes up to Quinn and Luke before he presses a sweet kiss to my lips. He grabs my waist and slings me over his shoulder. 

He starts taking my clothes off the minute the door closes behind us, giggling and grinning the more skin starts showing. I take his shirt off as he walks me backward into the restroom. He turns the shower on, letting it warm up while we make out, kicking his shoes off before stepping into the steaming shower. 

He pumps some shampoo into his hand and starts scrubbing the product into my roots. As he makes his way to the bottom of my scalp I rest my head on his chest. "You're a dream," I tell him, pressing my lips to his sternum. He rinses my hair out and lets me wash his hair, I play with the roots of his hair tugging them a little just to tease him.

After the rest of our shower, we walk out, wrapping a towel around my body. "Do you have clothes for tonight?" Jack asks as I brush out my hair. "Yeah, Mere should be here soon with an outfit and my makeup," I say when I hear Quinn yell out for me. "She's here." I smile and throw on the clothes from earlier just to grab my clothes. 

Mere stands in some green pants, black-heeled boots, and a black crop top. "Hey, baby." I smile, hugging her but pull away when she winces at my cold wet hair. She hands me my things and grabs my arm to pull me aside. "His brothers are here, one who is unbelievably gorgeous by the way. Did something happen last night?" She asks, furrowing her brows.

"One of them is 19, so I hope you're talking about Quinn, but yeah I have a boyfriend now." I cheese at the end of my sentence, making her squeal. "Oh, that's so good Jos, I'm so happy, but I got to run I have a shoot to get to." She says, pressing a kiss to my cheek before walking out.  I close the door behind her, locking it once she's down the stairs.

Quinn runs in front of me stopping me from getting back to the restroom, I raise my eyebrows with a smile, knowing Quinn must've thought she was cute too. "Yes?" I smile. "Wh- Who exactly is that?" He asks me, becoming a little flustered. "That would be my best friend Meredith Taylor. She's a model and her Instagram is Meredith Eve." I tell him at lightning speed.

"Duly noted." He nods his head, and I skip to Jack's room to get back in the restroom with him. I squeal when I walk in, making him turn to find out why. "I think Quinn has a crush on Meredith." I smile, making him chuckle.

I pull on my clean clothes, and my usual hockey game outfit consisting of black leather pants, some boots, and a Devil's shirt. Jack looks at me as I adjust my clothes to my body and I catch his eye when I turn. "What?" I grin. He shakes his head, putting his finger to his lips as he thinks. "You're missing something." He says as he walks out of the restroom. 

I dab some blush on my cheeks as I hear him rummage through his closet. He walks back in with a red bomber jacket just like my dad's but on the back, it says 'Hughes' 86. I drop my brush on the counter walking towards him, with my bottom lip jutted out. I look him in the eyes and then back down at the jacket. "You want me to wear it?" I ask softly, making a soft grin appear. 

He nods his head, turning me around to slip my arms in it. I bite my bottom lip once it's on, checking myself out in the mirror, loving the way 'Hughes' looks on my back. I walk over to Jack, wrapping my arms around him, and pressing a kiss to his lips. "Thank you, I love it." I kiss him again. 

We finish getting ready and leave the penthouse right on time. On our way there we pass the phone around adding songs to the queue throughout the ride. Quinn is scrolling through songs before I hear him groan and say, "If anyone is going to make Jack a Swiftie it's you. You're our only hope, Josie." I snap my head at Jack, whose eyes are trained on the road, with a guilty expression.

"You don't like Taylor Swift?" I ask in shock. "I do, I just don't know more than like three songs." He says, pressing his lips together. "Name them," I say, wanting to know which songs he does know. "Could not tell you, Jos." He blows a small laugh through his nose. We all shake our heads in disappointment.

"Just because you said that, we're playing Taylor the whole way there." Luke points his finger at Jack. We start strong with 'Cruel Summer' during the bridge I turn my body to the backseat so we can sing it together. "And I scream for whatever it's worth. I love you ain't that the worst thing you ever heard." Luke rolls down his window and screams "He looks up grinning like a devil." Making all three of us die laughing.

"Sorry, Cruel Summer is all or nothing for me." He says, taking big deep breaths in to calm himself down and chugging water to soothe his throat. Luke is still drinking water when the opening notes of 'ME!" comes on, spitting the water he had on Quinn. "Quinn, never do that goofy shit again." He says, wiping his mouth, making Quinn chuckle when he got the reaction he wanted from Luke. 

I hand Luke the phone and he puts on 'All Too Well (10-minute version) earning himself a high five from Quinn. Jack is still laughing to himself at how much his brothers love Taylor Swift. The song starts, making Quinn clutch his head in between his legs, grumbling out, "Fuck Jake Gyllenhaal!" These guys are a blast, I can't believe it took me so long to meet them. 

"And you were tossing me the car keys, fuck the patriarchy!" We yell, flipping on the road in front of us. We really feel the music, pointing fingers at our imaginary Jake Gyllenhaal, and yelling as if we were Taylor. "And you call me up again just to break me like a promise." I sing, making the guys bring their singing to a halt. "You can sing?" Quinn says, with wide eyes. 

I press my hands to my chest laughing when he asks that. "Yeah, it's my job," I tell him before we continue the rest of our 10-minute sing-along. As we approach the parking space, the song comes to an end. Jack unbuckles his seatbelt looking at us, exhaling the breath he was holding before mouthing 'wow' 

Once the photographers have gotten a few pictures of Jack, Quinn, and Luke walking together, I walk up to them and walk to wear his parents are. "Are you nervous?" He asks me, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles. "A bit," I admit to him, causing him to raise my hand to his lips to press a kiss to my hand. "Nothing to be nervous about, they're going to adore you. Sorry, you're going to have to meet them a day into the relationship, though." He chuckles, making me shake my head. "No, it's alright. I know all about crazy schedules, besides you've already met my dad."

We walk the rest of the way quietly except for when Luke and Quinn race but they can only step on the little squares, trying their best not to step on the cracks. They stop when bumping into an older man. "Jimbo!" Luke calls out hugging his dad. Jack smiles and walks us over to his parents. Quinn hugs his mom tightly, kissing her head softly telling her over and over again how much he missed her. 

Once Quinn finally lets go of their mom she walks over to us, bringing Jack into a hug. "Mom, this is my girlfriend, Josie." He smiles brightly, reflecting it onto my face as I look at his mom. "Hi honey, I'm Ellen." She brings me into a hug, deflecting the formal handshake. "Hi, It's so great to meet you," I tell her still wrapped in her arms. Jack introduces me to his dad, both of his parents being incredibly welcoming.

"Well, Quinny and I have to get to warmups so we'll see you guys later," Jack says, bringing his Mom and Dad back into a hug, before wrapping me up in his arms, and kissing my head. "You'll be okay?" He asks me, and I look back at his Mom, Dad, and Luke and say "Yeah, I will. Good luck baby, make me proud." I smile, before pecking him one more time. He walks away, and we make our way to our seats in a more secluded area.

"Josie, let's play a game," Luke says, reminding me of Theo. "Ok-" I say "Tag!" He taps my shoulder running away from me. We make it to our seats, sitting in the front row, Luke out of breath from running from me, even though I was nowhere near tagging him. "Okay, new game. You're not good at tag." He teases, making Ellen laugh. "Baby, you're 6'2, and she's in heels. You have a bit of an advantage." She tells him 

"Josie should always be prepared for tag. Let this serve as a lesson." He points a finger at me. We watch the boys skate a few laps around the ice, stretching and passing the puck to each other to practice. I watch as Quinn and Jack skate up to each other for a picture since this is a brother vs brother game, and when I catch a man with a camera coming up from behind us I excuse myself to grab a drink not wanting to be caught on camera.

I head to the bar, grabbing my usual Dr. Pepper and an extra large popcorn to share. When the cameraman leaves, I walk back to my seat, handing Luke the bag. "Hey Dad, you know Josie's dad is Reggie Lee," Luke says as he shoves a handful of the buttery popcorn in his mouth. We talk about my dad for a bit, and what he's like.

The game is incredibly intense, leaving me on the edge of my seat for the whole game. Ellen cheers anytime either team scores, I spend most of the game stuffing my face with popcorn to control my nerves. There's a minute left on the clock and we're still tied 4-4. The buzzer goes off telling us we will be going to overtime. 

Once overtime starts I'm bouncing my leg up and down, playing with a strand of my hair until Miles Wood steals the puck from Dakota Joshua, sliding it right into the net, making the score 5-4. I jump up from my seat excitedly, cheering for my boyfriend this being the first game where I get to be here as his girlfriend. Ellen looks over at me smiling from ear to ear. 

The boys skate off the ice Jack waiting up for Quinn so they could get another photo together. They skate off to their separate locker rooms to get back in their suits so we can go home. "Good game, that was nerve-wracking," I say, making Ellen agree. "It's always hard trying to stay neutral for my boys when they play against each other." She tells me, going on about when Jack had to play against Quinn when he was on the UMich hockey team.

We wait in the family and friends section before all the hockey players start pooling out of the locker rooms. I keep my eyes trained on the doors until my gorgeous boyfriend walks out. He smiles wide, dropping a few of his things to wrap his arms around me. "You did so well tonight," I whisper in his ear while rubbing his back. "Thank you, J." He puts me down, pulling away to hug his Mom and Dad. "My sweet baby boy you played so well tonight, I'm so proud of you." Ellen gushes, cradling her son's face in her hands. Jack blushes before saying, "Thanks, mama."

Jack being a momma's boy is such a green flag to me, he loves her so much and isn't ashamed of that. I love that about him so much. Once Jack is with us we make our way over to where Quinn is. Ellen works the same routine for her other son, who unfortunately did not win. "Oh Huggy, you played so well tonight, I'm proud of you." She rubs his back, as he says "Thanks Mom, I love you." She smiles at him, pressing a kiss to his cheek before linking her arm with his.

From the Prudential Center, we drive to a nice restaurant where we celebrate Jack's win and mourn Quinn's loss. "Son, what happened to your lip?" Jim asks, as he closely examines his son's split lip. Jack scoffs and says, "Crosby was pissed I took the puck from him and he punched me." Jim's face drops.

"So Josie, what do you do?" Ellen asks me with a sweet and warm smile on her face. I see where her son gets it from. "I dabble in music," I answer, trying to keep my answer humble, but Jack scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Dabble? Mom, she plays like seven instruments, can sing, and even produces her own music. She does not just dabble, don't let her fool you." Jack says, squeezing my thigh lightly.

Ellen laughs at Jack's eagerness to uplift me. "What's the first song you learned how to play?" She asks this time. "The first song I learned was on the piano and I'm positive it was 'Songbird' by Fleetwood Mac," I tell her, making me think about how when I was six I would beg my dad to record me so I could listen to it all day.

"That's absolutely beautiful, Christine McVie was one of my favorite musicians throughout my life." She says, and that takes us down a rabbit hole of information. She makes Jim switch seats with her so she could sit across from me and talk to me about my music and my taste in music. I'd catch Jack looking at me and his Mom talk with a content smile on his face. This time I squeeze his thigh, making him chuckle and turn to whatever Quinn and his Dad were talking about.

I could get used to this, him, his family, and wearing his last name on the back of my Devils' merch. I was supposed to sweat him out but the farther I was from him the more I wanted to be with him. I'm glad things worked out for us, I wouldn't want it any other way.

A.N// Hey besties! How are we feeling? So just for some clarification Josie's album will contain a few Taylor songs, meaning in this world those songs aren't on her albums. So Dress won't be written by taylor or on rep:) I love Josie and Jack so much! Also make sure to check out the link in my announcement if you are interested in adding a song that reminds you of Glitch to a playlist! I love you guys<3 Goodnight

Love Lottie 💐💐💐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 230 8
"Can you love him again?" "If I can trust him" โ˜†.๏ฝก.:* .๏ฝก.:*โ˜† โ˜†.๏ฝก.:* .๏ฝก.:*โ˜† โ˜†.๏ฝก.:* .๏ฝก.:*โ˜† โ˜†.๏ฝก.:* .๏ฝก.:*โ˜† A American Hockey player and a American figure...
27.2K 666 31
to him, she was always his heaven.
93.9K 1.4K 46
โ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด?โž the story in which the girlfriend of jack hughes starts having...