glitch | jack hughes

By hughesluvr1989

We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weeken... More

Introduction
Disclaimer
Playlist
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue
Epilogue media pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Epilogue media pt.2
thank you!

Chapter 16

7.7K 72 86
By hughesluvr1989

Josephine

"Well, well, well." a voice that doesn't belong to either of us or anyone I know says. Jack and I pull away from each other, I slightly jump away behind Jack as he groans loudly. I'm assuming he knows who the guy is, seeing as he's not in any rush to ask questions or kick them out. I focus my eyes on the man sitting on the couch and recognize a few of his features. Most of them being on the face of the man I was just having sex with. 

This must be Jack's older brother, Quinn. I've heard a bit about him from Jack and my dad. What a great first impression, huh? "Yeah, that's what you've been doing for," He checks his watch, referring to Jack's noises in bed, before directing his eyes to someone in the kitchen. "How many rounds was that, Moose?" Another man, taller than the two of them, wearing similar features to Jack and Quinn.

Lovely, I'm just meeting the whole family aren't I? Luke looks up, thinking to himself before saying, "Had to be like four rounds, at least." He says, shoving some cereal into his mouth from the box. 

Jack turns his body to me, with concerned eyes, and apologizes, "I am so sorry, I didn't know they were coming." To which Quinn chuckles before saying, "Trust me we didn't know, you'd  be cumming." Jack rubs his temples, unamused by Quinn's jokes. I found it funny, but not the time.

"I-I can go," I say softly before Quinn says, "No, please stay, we have so much to talk about." Jack gives him a look over my shoulder as he stands to introduce himself to me. "Quinn Hughes, Jack's older." He extends his hand to me, but I can't find it in myself to shake his hand when my hands were all over Jack's body. 

I wince and say, "Can I wash my hands first, before shaking your hand." He pulls his hand away and nods, giving me a soft smile. I run towards the kitchen, sliding past Luke, mumbling a "Hi," before thoroughly washing my hands. "Okay, better," I say as I make my way back toward Quinn and Luke who are now sitting on the couch.

He reintroduces himself to me, and this time I shake his hand. "Josie Lee, nice to meet you." I look towards Luke and he towers over me before saying, "Luke Hughes, I'm nineteen." He smirks, showing off the one that's clearly genetic. 

"Hah!" I laugh softly as I shake his hand, Jack flipping him off. "No more flirting with her, Luke," Jack says, making me giggle again and Luke throws his hands up in surrender. Jack holds my hips and says "Do you want to come with me, or will you be okay here?" He whispers just loud enough for me to hear. "I'll be okay," I reassure him with a smile as he leans down to kiss me, but stops to look at his smug-faced brothers.

He turns his back to them, kissing me softly. "Don't let them pressure you into answering anything you don't want to." He says kissing my forehead before walking out the door. Once Jack is gone I excuse myself to put some clothes on because I've been in a bra and panties with a sheer white button-up over. 

I run to Jack's room grabbing a t-shirt, and some shorts I left here. I leave his room, sitting on the couch in front of them. "Sorry, I can't speak to you guys if I'm not wearing actual clothes." I breathe out a laugh, they excuse it by lifting their hands.

"Okay, so Josie Lee?" Luke says, narrowing his eyes at me, asking me a question in that fragment of a sentence itself. "Yeah, Reggie Lee is my dad." I smile, loving their surprised reaction at the realization. "Get fucked!" Quinn says, shaking his head, reminding me of their brother when I first told him at the coffee shop.

It gets a little quiet and I look up from my lap to see them both just examining me. "What?" I chuckle, slightly nervous by their eyes. Quinn presses his fist to his mouth before saying, "We're just thinking." Luke nods his head, giving his brother a look that says a lot but because I'm not in on whatever they're talking about I'm not sure what it means. 

"Nothing bad, trust me. It's all just coming together." He says, but I'm still confused. Luke takes a deep breath and then says, "Jack has always been very open to us about anything, so when we found out he was seeing someone but was incredibly quiet about it it was just weird. But now that we're meeting you, it kind of makes sense, again not in a bad way." He reassures me, giving me an outside look at how Jack's been acting.

"That was probably my fault. I got out of a super toxic relationship when we met so I was super guarded, he's kicked down a lot of my walls since then. So I'm sure anything he was keeping a secret was just for my sake." The brothers exchange another look, grinning before nodding 

"This is different, but it's nice to see from my little brother." Quinn smiles, making Luke say, "Rowdys all loved up." He teases, making me blush like a monster. Jack steps in, setting the pizza on the table and handing me a can of Dr. Pepper. He sets out a few beers, and plates on the table before we all start digging in.

Jack pulls my chair close to him knowing our aftercare was cut short. I rest my temple on his shoulder as I chew my pizza. With a mouth full of pizza Luke starts asking questions with Jack now in the room. "So, how long have you two been dating?" He smirks, directing it at Jack. 

"Uhh, we're not together, actually." Jack answers, the answer clearly unsatisfying the other Hughes. They exchange a look, rolling their eyes before Quinn says, "Yeah, okay." I contain my giggle for Jack's sake, pressing my lips together trying not to laugh.

The effect the Hughes brothers have on me is insane. They're all making me blush and giggle, whether it be with endless compliments or banter. Jack gets up to grab some napkins and a bottle opener but grabs my can to check if there's any more in it. "Want more, baby?" He asks, making Quinn and Luke snicker. "Yes please." 

"Not together, my ass," Luke grumbles to Quinn, making me look anywhere but at them to contain my laughter. Jack takes my can of Dr. Pepper, hitting Luke in the head with it before mumbling out a fake apology. 

After more teasing, catching up, and questions,  Quinn directs his attention to me before asking, "Are you coming to the game tomorrow? It's brother vs brother." He grins, as Jack's fingers draw circles into my shoulder. "Not sure, I'll think about it." I smile, not sure if Jack even wants me to go. 

We check the time becoming fully aware it's past 1 Am, and we should probably start cleaning up so we can get some rest. I gather all the trash together tossing out plates, cans, bottles, and pizza boxes. "Night Rowdy." Quinn teases, waving his fingers at him, "Hit the hay, Huggy." Jack rubs his eyes. Quinn gives me a side hug before saying goodnight to me as well. 

"Night Quinn, night Luke." I smile as they walk to their separate guest rooms. Jack and I make our way back to his room, softly shutting the door behind him. "Well fuck." I whisper, completely in shock at how this night went down. Jack nods his head in agreement. "That was not the way I expected to meet your brothers." I chuckle.

Jack brings me closer to him mumbling out 'I know's while kissing my forehead. "About tomorrow, do you want to go?" He asks, caressing my jaw with his thumb. "Won't your whole family be there?" I ask, worry lacing my voice. He nods his head and my mind starts racing. 

"How would you even introduce me? Hey mom, this is my fuck buddy, my friends with benefits, Josie." I go on, feeling sick to my stomach about the title he'd give us. Wait did he even want to introduce me to his mom and dad? Fuck, I'm going insane here.

"Josie, honey breathe." He says, rubbing his hands down my back to soothe me. "I could say, hey mom this is my girlfriend, Josie." He smiles, making me snap my head up to look him in his eyes. He runs his thumb over my lower lip, essentially asking me out. I breathe a laugh out against his hands. "You like that?" He pinches my bottom lip.

"Yeah, yeah I do." I smile, pressing a soft kiss to his lips. "Thank god, because I couldn't stand you not being mine. You drive me crazy." He kisses up and down my neck making me giggle quietly.

He pulls his t-shirt off my body and takes my bra off, leaving me in my underwear. He pulls me onto his chest wrapping an arm around my waist while the other scratches us and down my back. I smile at the soothing yet ticklish sensation, snuggling my face closer into his neck. "Jack?" I smile into his skin. "Yeah, baby?" He answers back, knowing the silence was killing me. "I really like you." I look up at him. He pushes my hair behind my ears and says, "I really like you too, Josie." and from there we drift off to sleep. 

When I wake up the first thing I check is the alarm clock. Okay if I get up now I have enough time to make the boys breakfast before morning skate. I peel Jack off of me, trying to get up in time. "Where you going?" He sleeplessly mumbles. "Gonna make some breakfast for you guys before you go." He hums and tilts his face up wanting a kiss. He lays his head back on the pillow and I press a few pecks down his freckled back. 

I throw on the shirt I had on yesterday and some of Jack's sweats I had to roll up to fit me. I walk out stirring together some ingredients, whipping up the perfect consistency for the batter. I make a mix of chocolate chip pancakes and regular ones. I flip a few onto a plate, grab some orange juice from the fridge, and set it on the island.

I hear a door open and turn to see, Quinn, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands like a child. I chuckle and say, "Good morning." He walks towards the kitchen, trying to wake himself up. "Hey, good morning." He says letting a deep morning voice ring through the kitchen. I flip another pancake, setting it on top of the stack I created. 

"Want a pancake? I've made chocolate chip and regular, but if you want something else I can make it." I smile but he grabs like four chocolate chip pancakes, claiming they're his favorite. I chuckle, almost forgetting how much boys can eat.

Another door opens, this time it's Luke, rubbing his eyes with the back of his fingers just like Quinn did. The similarities between them make me giggle. He walks over in full UMich merchandise. A UMich hoodie, pajama pants, and even some socks. 

"Morning Lee." He groans, pulling me into a side hug, "Morning Quinny, game day!" He says loudly, running over to hug his oldest brother in a funny hug. Luke takes the seat right beside Quinn, before noticing the pancakes on his plate. "Are those?" Luke's eyes gloss over, and Quinn nods his head enthusiastically.

"I love you!" Luke says, making me scoff out a laugh, making Quinn give him a weird look. "Chill on the love bombing, Lukey, but yeah both chocolate chips," Quinn confirms that I put both white chocolate and regular chocolate chips into the pancakes. 

"Both chocolate chips," Luke says in disbelief. I flip some onto his plate, handing him a fork for him to dig in. "If you don't like the two chocolates I can make some with just regular chocolate. This is just how I've been eating them since I was young." I tell them. They both scoff and look at me like I'm crazy.

"Let me take you on a trip down memory lane, Josie. 2003!" Luke starts, making me laugh "I was two." I remind him but he shushes me. "2003! The Devils won the Stanley Cup, who was on that team, Quinton?" Luke asks. "Reggie Lee!" I nod my head, letting them know I'm following. 

"After winning the cup, Reggie went on to do interviews. In one particular interview, they ask him, "Reggie, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, what do you eat in the mornings?" And your dad said "Chocolate chip pancakes, both chips." And he called it 'Breakfast for Champions." I smile behind my hand as I make more batter and flip more pancakes. 

"You my friend, just made us breakfast for champions. The exact recipe too, because you are a Lee, and your dad probably made you bfc all the time." Luke rubs his face with his hands in shock that he's eating my dad's famous pancake recipe. 

"Luke and I decided we like you, bp though. Before pancakes." Quinn says, making me smile. I raise my eyebrows, trying to hide my blushing. "Thanks, I like you guys too." I flip pancakes until there is no more batter, and snap my head to the bedroom I walked out of to catch the last Hughes boy wake up. 

Rubbing his eyes with the back of his fingers. I giggle, turning back around to flip the pancakes. He walks up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, mumbling a sweet 'Morning' into my shoulder as he watches me place the last pancake on a plate for him. I turn my head to rub my nose against his, but he stops to see that his brothers have stopped eating to grin at Jack. 

"Hope you weren't tormenting my girlfriend." Jack clues them on our new title. Quinn drops his fork to high-five me and says, "You upgraded!" Jack chuckles pulling a chair beside me and sitting me on his lap.

"See Jack all you needed was for us to barge into your house, so you could make her your girlfriend." Luke teases before smirking and then saying, "Jack has this private account where-" Jack elbows Luke in the ribs, making Luke wince but he doesn't stop. "He talks about you but won't say who you are." He holds his side.

"What about the elbow to your rib did you not get?" Jack says with a pancake in his mouth. Quinn walks away from the table to say, "Yeah it's all cryptic and mushy." He teases, making Jack turn red and tuck his face into my neck. 

"Whatever, I really can't escape this." Jack accepts defeat as his brothers go on and on about their private accounts that they use like spam accounts and Luke shows me his, his most recent pictures being last night. I found them all hilarious, but then they help me make my own spam account.

"What should my username be?" I ask. They start giving me funny ideas and I write them all down on a list on my phone. "What does Nico call you again?" Jack asks, "Legacy Lee." I tell him making Luke and Quinn say "That's it!" So I make my private account @legacylee and follow all three of their account, even following Nico's, and Dawson's, and telling Mere to follow me back

"Well welcome to the private account life, feel free to stalk me," Jack says, before getting up to get ready for morning skate. "Thank you for breakfast." he kisses my cheek and they're off to practice. I start making my first few posts and start commenting on a few of Luke's posts. 

I wonder how meeting his mom and dad will go. Hopefully, they'll like me. 

Even though Jack and I are now dating I still hope we can keep it to ourselves. I mean he can tell his friends and those close to him but just away from the media. For now.

A.N// heheh I hope you enjoyed this chapter! From the minute I thought of it I knew I needed to include it in the book. Our babies are now dating! Hooray! This will help Josie a lot with her feelings and make her know that this isn't all one-sided and Jack does like her too. Next Chapter will be a media one, where you'll see what Quinn, Luke, Jack, and Josie posted on their private accounts!! 
I love you guys SO SO SO MUCH! STAY SAFE AND THANKS FOR READING IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME MWAH MWAH MWAH 
Love Lottie 💐💐💐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 1.7K 45
sequel to Dessert • • • • Jack Hughes x OC
5.3K 65 11
"Oh, Captain, Let's make a deal Where we both say the things we both really feel" Where Venus Zegras attempts to get closer to Ethan Edwards but Noth...
12.6K 230 8
"Can you love him again?" "If I can trust him" ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ A American Hockey player and a American figure...
115K 1.4K 40
what happens when she's invited to sing the american and canadian national anthems at the new Jersey devils game and one player catches her eye