I should be your Beta, not yo...

By LeseMate

Kyran Crimson. The future Beta of his pack. However, his future was vague because he wasn't just a normal B... More

Introduction
Prologue - Defective
1 - Back
2 - »Those eyes...«
3 - Live or die?
4 - Kyran August Joffrey Yldiz Crimson
5 - Mental break-down
6 - Coffee
7 - Vision
8 - Swimming
9 - Training
10 - Kiss
11 - He is a hunter
12 - The Lycans
13 - Old friends
14 - »Don't you want to stay over?«
15 - Deja-vu
16 - Witch
17 - Lunch
18 - Fynniboy
19 - Stories over stories
20 - Gesture
21 - Achoo!
22 - A cold
23 - My Alpha
24 - Christmas party ends in a disaster
25 - Christmas presents on New Year's Eve
26 - Black eye
27 - Dreams and Teams
28 - Class picture
29 - Virgin
30 - Captain
31 - Studying with wolf
32 - Dispute
33 - Drunk
34 - Hey, I'm Valentin and you, cutie?
35 - Enzo
36 - Moat
37 - Alpha, Luna, Beta, Omega
38 - Movie
39 - Brothers
40 - Pet name
41 - Birthday
42 - Beta
43 - Morning afterwards
44 - News
45 - Elias
47 - Home
48 - The future is bullshit
49 - Rescue?
50 - Swap
51 - Calm before the storm
52 - Truth
53 - The time goes by
54 - Arrived
55 - Second act
56 - Vacation
57 - Austria
58 - Black Death
59 - Life
60 - Birth
61 - End
62 - Safe
Epilogue 1.0
Epilogue 2.0
Epilogue 3.0 Alternative ending
Side-Story: 1
Side-Story: 2
Side-Story: 3
Side-Story: 4
Side-Story: 5
Side-Story: 6
Side-Story: 7
Side-Story: 8
Side-Story: 9
Side-Story: 10
Side-Story: 11
Side-Story: 12
Side-Story: 13
Side-Story: 14
Side-Story: 15
Side-Story: 16
Side-Story: 17
Side-Story: 18
Afterword

46 - Hanny

216 10 0
By LeseMate

»Elias Kyran Ramsay. His second name stands for his godfather.«

Surprised, my eyes widened.

It was already a great honor for me that I could be Elias' godfather but that he now even got my name as his second name registered - it honored me even more.

Let me feel like I was a real part of their family and meant something.

May stroked the soft cheek of her new-born and smiled with the same softness on her lips at me. It made my heart skip a beat and warm up like a fire was lit.

»I will write that name down for you. Doctor Ramsay, I should inform you that there is a little patient that you treat from time to time and won't let other doctors get near her. Of course, you want to stay with your family. Doctor Hue just told me, I should inform you and that you should care for the little patient if you have the time. You know the little bonehead.«

Maxim tousled his hair, sighing heavily while closing his eyes.

»Dear, you're probably tired. Our three children will look after Elias for the time being you take a nap and I will take care of Hanna.«

Although you could obviously see that May didn't like that Maxim wanted to go work, she nodded, allowing him to go because she knew that Hanna wouldn't let someone else close to her – except me.

And I took the chance and stepped in.

»Pa, you stay with Ma. She needs you near her more than Hanna. I know that little troublemaker and can take care of her too. I even believe I treated her more than you. And doctor Hue and the other doctors and the staff know that I do a good job and are trustworthy.«

Uncertain Maxim looked between May and me before he nodded.

»You're right and thank you. But call someone if something happens or you notice something.«

Smiling, I waved that it was nothing and followed the nurse out of the room – Cassian followed me like a lost puppy.

I actually wanted to stay with Elia and the others too but it was better that I went instead of Maxim. He was the father of his finally blood related third child – I of course was his true third child, well from the age of the second child but still.

Nobody could demand that he works today.

»She is in treatment room four,« the nurse informed me and then walked away.

»And what are you doing now?« Cas asked me when I steered towards the named room.

»Treating Hanna,« I answered with a low smirk.

Before we entered the room, we disinfected our hand and then I saw the red-haired girl that had her hair braided into two pigtails and sat on the lounger. The face full of freckles and covered with dirt and dried blood.

»Na, what drives our little rebel back here again?« I asked and immediately her head hopped up and she beamed broadly at me.

»Brother Kyran!« she yelled happily and literally shone like the sun all over her face. With her wide, wild grin her hamster cheeks formed and made her look even cuter.

»What problem do we have today?«

Lazily, I let myself drop down on the lounger next to her and grinned downwards. Already checking her body for injuries because of all the blood.

Almost proud she lifted her arm up and presented a giant and deep cut that went along her complete lower arm. I wanted to curse but suppressed it.

»Aye, what did you do?«

Amused, though I clearly knew that the injury was to be taken seriously, I shook my head and carefully took her arm and took a look at her wound.

»Bobby, Robert, Rya and I played in the woods when a big bad bear appeared and wanted to hurt us,« she explained and sounded scared at first. A bit traumatized, I would say.

»Rya was crying and Bobby and Robert just ran away. Rya fell and the others left her. I transformed to protect her and growled loudly, like you showed me. But the bad bear threw me through the air and hurt me with his claws. Rya hid herself and the boys still ran away. But they went to get Alpha Benjamin who defeated the big bad bear!« she ended her story proudly.

It could be an event that left an impact on her or it could be an experience which she laughed at in the future.

»You're quite brave to stand against a bad grumpy bear. But do you know what?« I leaned down to her ear.

»I believe that you can throw the bad grumpy bear through the air by yourself when you are bigger and older. And for that you need to train and eat« I made a big movement with my outstretched arms to both sides, »this much.«

Eagerly she nodded and giggled.

»And you should thank Alpha Benjamin that he defeated the bad grumpy bear.« I booped her nose and now she beamed even brighter – if that was even possible.

»Yes! I will thank him this, this this, thissssss big!« The last 'this' got extra stretched.

»I hope you do. So, and now I will take care of your arm.« I jumped down from the lounger and got myself gloves before I collected everything I needed for her injury.

»Brother Kyran, can you hum your song again?« she asked with big round eyes.

I sat down before her on a stool and Hanna handed me her arm without me asking for it.

It sometimes happened that when I was absent minded in my work that I started to hum and many of the younger patients I had taken care of calmed down when I did that, so it turned into a kind of ritual if someone was scared.

There wasn't even a meaning behind the song. Someone new from Hozier.

Back then Naika downloaded some random songs on my phone and that was one of the songs and because she snored like a walrus with constipation and I could only sleep with her with in her room – when Fynn slept over and I needed to stay with her – when I had headphones in.

And then one thing came to another and I listened to this song on repeat without knowing. And then I started to hum it with every opportunity when I drifted away with my thoughts.

If I hadn't had my singing-blockade back then I would have probably started singing.

Softly I hummed the melody and noticed that Hanna's breathing calmed down, just like her heartbeat got calmer and steadier.

Though Hanna was a brave girl, she was scared of needles and injections. Not really to her advantage when she was here almost every second week.

It was obvious how deep the claws went into her flesh when she got thrown.

»You do things, Hanna,« I sighed – I stopped humming for a moment to say it before continuing – and dabbed the wounds with a dab.

Again, and again the girl twisted her expression because of the burning alcoholic liquid on the dab.

»Brother Kyran? Who is the man that smiles so strangely?« Confused, I lifted my head, stopped my humming and turned to Cas.

And just like Hanna said, he smiled quite cringe at me. Almost as if he was consumed in his own bubble and didn't notice anything happening around him and could only see me at the moment.

»That's my mate,« I told her and she looked at me with big eyes before she came down to my ear and whispered: »I think he likes you really much and you like him really much too. So much like my Alpha likes my Luna.«

Laughing I shook my head.

»Don't tell him but I like him really much. But he doesn't,« I whispered back and because Cassian didn't react, I knew he didn't even notice us talking. To my luck.

»But he smiles like that!« she protested quietly.

»That's only because we are mates and not because he likes me this much,« I answered.

Upset she grimaced and scowled. »Don't sulk, Hanny.«

When I still lived in Canada, I always teased her with her name.

The background story of the nickname was quite funny.

Her parents breed rabbits – to eat them, as sad as it was for the little animals – and Hanna took one of the white rabbits and took it to walk with her, on a leash obviously.

She walked the road normally only dog owners used and Naika and I met her one time when she was on a walk with her rabbit. She proudly named it 'Bunny'.

And then there were her giant floppy ears in her wolf form. And when I said giant, I meant giant. Sometimes I asked myself what went wrong in her DNA to make her ears that big and floppy.

And I mixed her own name and the name of her rabbit together. Hanna plus Bunny equals Hanny.

»I'm not a Hanny,« she whined and glared angrily at me.

»Hm. Yes. You are my Hanny,« I said and pulled a string through the needle.

»But only yours!«

Laughing, I nodded. »Only mine.«

And then I began – without inflicting pain on Hanna – to stitch up her wound and hummed while doing it.

»I assume the nurse told you that you would stay for a day? Because your Mama is still not here.«

Again she nodded and after I cleaned everything up, I stretched out my hands to her and she threw herself immediately into my arms and I lifted her up. For a five-year-old she was quite light.

»Could you poke him? My hands are full,« I addressed the little red-head in my arms and she poked Cassian in his cheek. Startled, he blinked and then stared at me and Hanna.

»He doesn't smile strange anymore,« she whispered, scared. »He is scary, brother Kyran! I don't like him!«

I slightly stumbled back when she hugged me abruptly and unexpectedly and hid her face in my shoulder.

»He may look scary but he is nice, if you are nice to him too,« I said gently and petted her head.

»No! I don't like him! He is stupid.«

I needed to control myself to not break out laughing loudly and after seeing Cas offended face my defense slightly fell and I chuckled. Grim Cas twisted his lips and punished me with his eyes that I quickly dodged.

»So, now we want to go to your room. Do you know which one, Hanna?«

Two meters distant from us was a nurse – that I knew quite well – that now mouthed silently the number '78'.

»No, I don't know,« Hanna said with big eyes and finally looked at my face again after hiding.

»Hm... What do we do now?« Acting quite well I frowned thoughtfully and Hanna stroked my forehead smooth. »What are we doing, brother Kyran?«

»I think I need to use a spell.«

»A spell?« Her eyes began to sparkle, and she rocked excitedly in my arms up and down, left and right, for and back.

»Okay, but for the spell to work you need to do what I tell you.« She nodded eagerly.

»Close your eyes and only open them after I tell you.«

Quickly she closed her eyes and I looked at Cas with a smug smirk on my lips and could see him stare at us in fascination.

»And no peeking!«

Quickly I walked down the hallways and turned in circles sometimes which made Hanna laugh every time. And then we appeared right before the door of her room.

»Abrakadabra, hex', hex', bling, bling and simsalabim.« I threw some random words into the air that I heard in some children's shows and then jumped one time.

»And now you can open your eyes.« Slowly Hanna opened her eyes and looked at the door.

»Is that my room?«

»My spells never fail. But if you don't believe me then we can take a look inside if your name stands on one of the beds.«

Cas opened the door and I smiled at him in thanks – Hanna looked grimly at Cassian.

Inside were four beds, but only three were prepared to be used – the fourth one was still covered with a plastic cover. The room was empty from other patients.

»Here we have Ariana, Simon and who would have thought, that is your bed and even right next to the window!«

Giggling, she let herself fall on her back when I let her sit on the bed and at that moment the door opened again.

Two other children – in company of their mothers – entered the room and when both children recognized me, they squeaked happily.

»Brother Kyran!«

Hectically, they ran up to me and hugged my legs.

Ariana was seven years old, while Simon was only four. I knew them from my time here.

The girl was adopted by the wolf-family when she was only one year old and she was a human herself. And only a few weeks before I went back to Germany, they found that she was sick with Leukaemia. We shaved her hair – I was the one holding the machine - and she announced proudly that she wanted to donate her long brown hair to other sick children.

I prayed for her to overcome her cancer and stay alive. The wolf-family adopted her because they couldn't have children on their own and if they would lose their daughter now, they would be destroyed.

And apart from that, the little girl didn't deserve death. She had seen too little of the world to die.

The brown-haired boy on the other hand was an Omega and had to fight against some sicknesses because of how weak his body was.

I treated Simon and Hanna from time to time while Ariana just appeared as my patients in my last few weeks here.

Okay, who was I to call them my patients? They were my little protégés.

»Kyran.« Both mothers smiled at me and I returned that smile.

»Na, you two. How are you?« I squatted down and looked attentively at the children.

»I can go home tomorrow!« Ariana announced with a loud happy laugh and I high fived her immediately. »Finally back home. You're probably happy about that,« I said. »Yes, totally!«

She giggled and held her hands over her mouth which made me notice her missing incisor.

»And you, Simon? What did you do again?« He smiled shyly and nervously excited at the same time.

»I was thisss warm and... and Mommy brought me here,« he explained, though I could understand him only badly.

He mumbled most of his sentences, which made him quite hard to understand for a four-year-old. But judging from the parts I indeed understood, I assumed he had a high fever again.

Gently I put my hand on his forehead. »Na, look at that!« Happily I tousled his hair. »You aren't that warm anymore and after playing with Ariana again, you are almost cured.«

He nodded strongly and then I lifted him up and sat him down on his bed before I did the same thing with Ariana.

»So, you two are probably still familiar with Hanna. I'm sure she will tell you about her brave day of being a hero. Sadly, my mate and I need to go back now. May got her son a little while ago and I still want to get a look at the little guy.«

The three children waved at me and beamed over their whole faces while their mothers told me that I should greet May for them and congratulate her for Elias.

Slowly Cas and I walked through the hallways when he suddenly weaved our fingers together.

»You are good with children,« he quietly said. »It was amazing to watch you.«

I laughed bleakly. Did he really need to talk about that topic now?

Just when May gave birth to her son and I had a nice moment with the children.

»Yes, I know what you want to tell me.« Sighing, he squeezed my hand.

»I'm sorry... I talked without thinking... It just blurted out...«

»It's fine. Let's just not talk about it further.«

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 16.6K 27
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
40.3K 1.8K 21
An Alpha, ostracized by his pack. Forced to live alone in a cabin, far from anyone. Only a few knew of his existence, and they were determined to kee...
19.2K 876 30
Luka Knight isn't exactly having "fun" with his life as the next heir of his pack. Cursed with a spirit wolf who would roast his ass with every remar...
2.9K 106 25
After everything that went down with Reiner and Bertolt, Y/n Arlert landed a spot in the new Levi Squad. Upon joining, she and her friends have been...