The Girl With The Tattoo

By michemilys

Sophie didn't think that she'd ever fall in love... until she met Lexi. Lexi was the bad girl, the one that e... More

preview
1. a walk through the woods
3. guilt
4. friends? or maybe not...
5. sweet dreams
6. moments or happiness
7. stay away from her
8. her lips
9. i care about you
10. birthday blues
11. i'll teach you
12. secrets
13. first impressions
14. leave me alone
15. dad
16. stress
17. daddy's little girl
18. stay behind
19. embarrassed
20. moment of realisation
21. away from home
22. all eyes on me
23. not good enough
24. curiosity
25. the girl i used to love
26. alone time
27. jealousy, jealousy
28. asking for forgiveness
29. girlfriend
30. the scholarship
31. your secrets safe with me
32. promises
33. welcome home
34. watching him leave
35. worrying
36. hospital
37. harper
38. red with envy
39. apology accepted
40. awkwardness
41. through the smoke
42. power
43. coming out
44. lost in the darkness
45. graduation day
46. celebration
47. you need me
48. unexpected turn
49. blood
50. the last time
51. the end of us
52. leaving home
53. we're over
54. leap of faith
55. an outsider
56. last goodbye
57. honesty
58. moving on
59. living in the past
60. runaway girl
61. bad day
62. tension in the air
63. date disaster
64. you didn't know?
65. my own little secret

2. safe

668 16 3
By michemilys

Sophie

"So... tell me about your family." Lexi looks back at me.

Why does she want to know about my family? I swear this girl is planning to kill me!

"Uhm, there's not a lot to tell really." I tell her, which definitely couldn't be further from the truth "Wait, why do you want to know about my family?"

Lexi stops, before turning completely. She looks annoyed at me. Maybe it's because I'm being stubborn and won't talk to her about anything.

She explains why she's asking me so many questions "Look, I'm just trying to make conversation. It's fucking creepy in here, my shoes are ruined, and I'm bored. So talk to me."

"Where does your mom work?" She asks me about my mom.

"At a dance studio in the city." I admit to her.

She furrows her brows "Wait... so your mom owns a dance studio but you dance at another studio? Why don't you just dance for her? Wouldn't it save so much money?"

Sure, I could dance at my mom's studio but it just feels wrong. Plus, Mr Adams is one of the best ballet teachers in the city and maybe actually the country. My mom doesn't even leave her office half of the time...

She stopped dancing when she was younger because of an injury. Apparently, it was her knee or something.

"My mom doesn't care about the money." I admit to her "She just wants me to be happy."

"Happy? How could anyone be happy at this school it's like the worst!" She complains about our dance studio "The only thing good about it is that I get free cigs from this guy called Lewis who hangs out near the dumpsters."

She seems to be going off track a little "He also thinks I have a crush on him, but I definitely don't, so I just go along with it so he gives me all the free goodies he has."

I guess she realises that she's now not asking me about my family, so she stops talking about Lewis and free cigarettes "Anyway, so are you like rich or something?"

I scoff "Rich?"

"Yeah, rich! Your mom owns her own dance studio so she's probably rich, right? You probably live in like a mansion and your daddy buys you whatever you want. Am I right?" She asks me, smirking because she thinks she's got my life figured out.

She's got me completely wrong. I've actually never had a father figure in my life. I grew up with two moms... yeah. I used to get bullied because of it. Kids would laugh at me every day but now it's not as much of a problem.

My mum was a dancer too– she was a good one. She won this title at a competition once and she wore this sparkly dress that made her look stunning.

I decide to tell her more about my life "Actually, money is really tight at the minute... My mum's pregnant and who knew hospital bills were so much?"

"Your mom's pregnant?!" She raises her voice a little "She doesn't look pregnant! I see her all the time dropping you off at dance, she's like tiny as fuck!"

"No, not my mom..." I tell her "I have another one, she doesn't take me to dance though. You don't know her."

Her eyes widen as I reveal that to her "You have lesbian parents?!"

I hope she doesn't think I'm weird because of that. It's usually the reason why I don't have a lot of friends.

But then I can finally relax, as she shouts "That's so cool! You have two moms and I have none!" She laughs a little as she says the last part.

"Oh, my mom was an alcoholic and left when I was like ten." She reveals to me, and I realise that she doesn't seem sad at all about that.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I decide to express that I'm sorry about it.

She rolls her eyes "Don't be, she was an ass anyway. She was never a good mom. I swear the only thing she was actually good at was going through like three boxes of cans every single night."

She continues "She'd be like passed out on the couch and covered in her own vomit. It was disgusting!"

My mum used to be an alcoholic. It never got as bad as that but I remember times when my mom would lock her out of the house and she'd be begging for her to open the door. Sometimes I would let her in myself because I hated seeing her out in the cold.

Mom would then take away my toys after that and she'd scream at me most of the night.

"Yeah, that sounds disgusting." I scrunch my nose.

"You're so lucky to have a good family." She tells me "I can't imagine what it must feel like to have two parents. It must be amazing! You must get so many gifts off of them, I bet they're great!"

I smile to myself "Yeah, they're pretty cool."

I now realise that I'm no longer walking behind her. For some reason, I decided to walk directly beside her during our conversation, and I have to admit that I feel safer.

She shines the flashlight off of her phone onto the path in front of us. She also stands really close to me which weirdly I don't mind.

"Are we nearly there yet?" She asks me "I swear we've been walking for like half an hour already."

I point over to the direction of my house "It's not that far now, maybe two minutes. My house is just right over there."

She nods "Okay, well let's get a move on before your mom thinks your dead."

I continue to walk with her through the forest. We follow the same path for around a few more minutes until we're standing near the road again. There's a bunch of houses in front of us now and mine is just right there.

I point over to it "That's my house."

"See, I told you that you're rich! That place looks like a fucking mansion. Who needs that much space?!" She widens her eyes slightly as she looks at my home.

"It's smaller inside." I try to convince her that I'm certainly not rich.

"Whatever, at least you got here safely." She looks at me with a smile on her face "Aren't you going to thank me for being so kind and taking you home?"

I blush a little "Thank you. It was nice of you."

"Yeah, I know it was." She keeps the smile on her face "I'm a nice person."

There's a silence for a few seconds, before she announces "Anyway, I'm gonna head off now. Your house is right there, you're not going to die anymore, so I'm gonna go before I die instead."

"Oh, okay." I reply with, feeling a little sad that she's leaving.

She walks away slowly, but not turning her back to me "Bye! See you tomorrow!"

I then realise that she's not walking in the direction of our dance studio, and it confuses me instantly. I know that she has class right now and she'll probably get her ass kicked by Mr Adams if she doesn't show up. So I decide to ask her where she's going.

"Where are you going?!" I shout "The studio is back there! You can't get to it if you go that way!"

She then turns around, a smirk on her face "I'm going home! Pretend you didn't see me!"

I watch as she walks away into the distance and I can't take my eyes off of her. She's confusing, and maybe a little strange, but she made me feel safe tonight and I'm thankful for that. She's also a little pretty, and her style is so cool!

She wears low-rise jeans and combat boots most of the time whereas I'm more of a pink kind of girl. I like little dresses and pretty jewellery. She's like the complete opposite.

It's cool though– I like it.

After a minute of watching her leave, I decide to walk across the street to my house so that my mum isn't worried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 972 50
Four years of pain, regret, and disappointment have consumed Priscilla who was left behind to cope with Delilah's disappearance. Delilah was everyt...
1.1K 87 15
Tessa is recovering from a crushing break-up. She had her heart shattered into a million pieces and alcohol seems to be the only thing that helps the...
182K 2.1K 29
Meet Michelle and Eva, a lesbian couple who's sex life needs a serious jump start, Meet Lauren, Michelle's bestfriend since birth, who's feelings for...
85.5K 3.4K 27
Emery Randolph swore she would never return to her hometown the day she graduated and left for college, but its eight years later and her father is g...