Romeo || Edmund Pevensie

Par blink_and_youre_dead

'Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again.' - Romeo, ... Plus

Romeo
Cast
Rebel Rebel
The London Boys
Moonage Daydream
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed
Sound and Vision
Hang on to Yourself
The Man Who Sold The World
Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
Saviour Machine
There Is A Happy Land
Future Legend
Sweet Thing
Fascination
Somebody up There Likes Me
Station to Station
It Ain't Easy
Conversation Piece
In The Heat Of The Morning
Looking For Water
Hole In The Ground
The Prettiest Star
Tired Of My Life
Let Me Sleep Beside You
Where Are We Now?
Quicksand
Oh! You Pretty Things
Fill Your Heart
Little Bombadier
Wild Eyed Boy from Freecloud
The Pretty Things Are Going To Hell
It's No Game
Miracle Goodnight
Goodbye, Mr Ed.
Sorrow
Speed of Life
(You Will) Set The World On Fire
I've Been Waiting For You
Fantastic Voyage
A Small Plot of Land
Waiting For The Man
Dancing with the Big Boys
When I Live My Dream
King Of The City
Dead Against It
Don't Bring Me Down
Shapes of Things
Everything's Alright
Repetition
I Feel Free
After All
Thank You

I Can't Give Everything Away

1.3K 74 3
Par blink_and_youre_dead

Aramis had been alive long enough to know when to separate truth from fiction, and reality from myth. However, there was only one thing that he couldn't identify with full confidence: the uncharted waters surrounding the Lone Islands.

     It had never caused them much of an issue, being so far away from one of their territories, but Drinian made sure that their troubles were lightened by the increasing fiction in his tall tales. The distraction of them was enough to keep their minds from the importance of the challenges they were going to face. Though they were sure that Edmund and Lucy would take on the information without batting an eyelid, they couldn't help but worry. Well, Aramis couldn't. It was simply apart of his nature.

     The seven lords of Telmar were the object of their desire. They had been missing long before Caspian was born, when his father ruled, and he felt it was his duty to find them once again.

     After being informed, they went above deck, to do whatever it was the wanted. Lucy decided that becoming acquainted with the crew was in her best interests. The social aspect of ruling was always a strong point of hers. However, all Edmund wanted was to keep Aramis close to him.

     They weren't exactly hand in hand, because that would have been invasive, and rather quick after no contact for so long. It would have rattled Aramis, and the King knew that. He knew what was right for them, and that whatever they did, it would be perfect.

     The freckled boy stayed only one step behind the spirit, their fingertips touching, but never grasping. It was intimate, yet, completely appropriate.

     Neither wanted to let the other stay out of sight for too long, and they wouldn't for as long as they could. There was a comfort in knowing they would be right next to each other, without having to worry about disappearing.

      Although, within five minutes, maybe less, Caspian and Edmund decide that it would be a great idea if they tested their strength. The Pevensie boy was a little rusty with his swordsmanship, and if they were going into uncharted territory, then he would have to be well versed in the art of battle once again. Otherwise, he would be useless to everyone, including himself. 

     Aramis saw Caspian train quite often. He was a physically fit threat who was forced to battle from a young age. It was only natural that he would have an advantage over Edmund.

However, it was easy to forget that the Pevensie boy was one of the most skilled warriors Narnia had ever had. His skill was something unmatched by many, and his strength was unparalleled. Despite not having half as much training as Caspian, he was more than a worthy opponent.

The determination between Edmund and Caspian really was a sight to behold. So much so that all of the men stopped to watch their sword fight. It was truly end-to-end, and a hard fought battle against the blades.

Though he knew there was no malice, Aramis became slightly afraid. It meant a lot to him to have Edmund back, and to see him in a position where he could have been maimed, made his heart ache. Seeing so much as a scratch on the freckled King would have infuriated him so much that he would have excused himself. And for a spirit, that was a lot.

When it ended, with blades against each others chests, a complete deadlock, there were wide grins upon both of their faces. There were more cheers than had been on the boat since they set sail, and even Aramis could not deny them a simple clap.

"You've grown stronger, my friend." Caspian embraced Edmund, shortly.

The Pevensie boy just grinned. "It seems I have."

"Alright!" Drinian called from the higher platform, rather lazily as he put himself back behind the wheel. "Back to work!"

When everyone eventually got back to their stations, Aramis was able to rejoin Edmund. Despite his sweat, there was a short embrace between the two of them. It was tempting to hold on for longer, and both of them wanted to dwell on the feeling, but because they were so out in the open, Edmund knew it wasn't the right time.

As the found somewhere close by for them to sit comfortably, the Pevensie boy was handed some water by the crew members, that he thanked them for graciously.

He downed the water, in almost one gulp. The exercise was much more challenging than he remembered, but his added height now would come as an advantage later. It wasn't often people were given so much time to improve. Edmund considered himself thankful for that, if nothing else.

The boy outstretched his hand for Aramis to take as he leant against the edge of the boat. Swiftly, it was taken, softly, and Edmund pulled the spirit into his chest. Their bodies touched, but everything from the mid-torso up was apart. The physical contact was something that he had been craving for so long, and to even have the option of touching Aramis was lucky.

"Are you impressed?" Edmund smirked, trying to look as cool as he possibly could. It was almost amusing, but it didn't take away from the fact that the spirit was proud.

He smiled. "You never fail to impress me, my King."

"That's good to hear." He felt a lot of relief, especially as the only opinion he ever cared for was Aramis'. "I've missed you, you know."

"I have missed you, too." The spirit offered. "And i am sure that we will have a real moment together soon, my King, I can see you are impatient."

"Oh," The freckled boy seemed to turn a light shade of pink. "Am I? I don't mean to be."

"It does not bother me, my King." He replied, in full honesty. "As I am also impatient to see you alone again."

It was then that Lucy joined them from her heartfelt interaction with Reepicheep. Naturally, any intimate conversation between Aramis and Edmund died down as soon as she arrived. It was nothing personal, only, the sort of thing they would rather keep for themselves.

"Edmund," Lucy drawled, her mind obviously somewhere else. "Do you think if we keep sailing to the end of the world, we'll just... tip of the edge?"

"Don't worry, Lu." Her brother dismissed. "We're a long way from there."

"I see you're still talking nonsense, the two of you." Eustace's voice made the boy known before his body was anywhere near his cousins.

Lucy smiled, kindly. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, no thanks to you." He grumbled. Already he was getting on Aramis' nerves and he barely knew the boy. "It's lucky I have an iron constitution."

Reepicheep also joined them, and leant against Lucy. "As effervescent as ever, I see. Find your sea legs?"

  "Never lost them." Eustace ground his teeth together, becoming increasingly infuriated by the presence of everyone else. "Simply dealing with the shock of things. Mother says I have an acute disposition, due to my intelligence."

     If Edmund's views on his younger blonde cousin hadn't been made perfectly clear before, him spitting water back into his cup was enough to convince anyone that it was hate. He had no real reason to like him, other than the fact he was family. And family meant nothing when they were as spineless and prickly as Eustace.

     "I don't think he has a cute anything." Reepicheep retorted beneath his breath.

  "I'll have you know, as soon as we find civilisation, I'm contacting the British Consul! Have you all arrested for kidnapping!"

     The fury Eustace felt was enough to make him walk away. It was also enough for him to lose his concentration, and the fact that he did, meant that he wandered straight into Caspian. Aramis held his breath. If anything was done out of turn, the spirit would have to try and do something himself. It would be out of character, but people had done more frightening things.

     Rather amused himself, Caspian hummed. "Kidnapping, is it? That's funny. I thought we saved your life."

  "You held me against my will!"

  "Ha!" The rat remarked.

  The King refrained from rolling his eyes. "Did I?"

  "In, what I must say, are the most unhygienic quarters. It's like a, it's like a zoo down there!"

Reepicheep commented once again. "He's quite the complainer, isn't he?"

With gritted teeth and a growing frown, Edmund replied. "He's just warming up." Aramis could sense his tension, and so squeezed his hand in the attempt to make things better.

"You would do well to be more respectful." The spirit shot back to the unfamiliar boy. It was not often he raised his voice loud enough to be heard.

"Of who?" Eustace retorted. "It's not as if there's anyone here of importance. You're all completely mad!"

"There are Kings and Queens here who have graciously saved you, and allowed you to be here. To show them the respect they deserve should not be so much of a task when they saved your life."

Though there was no immediate reply, Aramis could tell that what he said was helpful. Edmund was smirking, even if it was only a little, and both Lucy and Caspian was grinning. His duty was to guide and protect, even in the smallest of ways.

However, before anything else could be said, and come from the conversation, one of the men called out. "Land ho!"

An island was in the distance, which must have been their destination. Finally, their journey was amounting to something, and Aramis wasn't alone any longer.

•  -  -  •
1660
•  -  -  •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own these characters. I do not own the Narnia series. I do not own the actors, or the characters. The only thing I own is my adaptation of the story, and my original character.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

4.2K 145 18
The princess of Narnia ruled for hundreds of years alongside Aslan, her protector. The sons and daughters of Adam and Eve finally arrive. What took t...
494K 14.8K 31
"You're not going anywhere, if anything your little boyfriend will just have another seat next to you." Peter threatens. A sharp laugh fell uncontrol...
188K 5K 16
Book 2 (Book 1: Afraid to Love) "What's gotten into you? Back in Narnia-" "That's the thing Edmund! We're not in Narnia we're here, as classmates. No...
217K 5.4K 62
Completed A Peter Pevensie Story Stumbling upon an entire new world just behind a door, Aria had her prophecy written from ancient times and it was n...