Time in a Tree (All Might x R...

By smolestkohai

we've all got secrets. prime all might - welcome to the slowest of slow burns https://spoti.fi/2YMLqlp art cr... More

Chapter I - Greyday
New Girl
Turn
Friend Like Me
Make Time
Spare Time: Cherry's Tree
Trading Cards
Tell Me
Vampyr
Reunion
Spare Time: Tenders with Tauros
Bianca
Fortuity
Collimate
Descant
Désolée
Your Name
Spare Time: Your Time
Dawn
Panini
Pomegranate
Betoken
Arcadia
Simmer
Spare Time: Naegi
Blunder
Spare Time: Hello There
Chapter II - Prelude
Happy New Year
Bud
Bloom
Assay
Furtive
Spare Time: Unveil
Sanguine
Melee
Ill
Hey, You
Spare Time: Excuse Me, What?
Snag
Ameliorate
Thief
Off the Moon
Spare Time: Strike
Special I: Forget Me Not
Chapter III: Anubia
Conspectus
Prognosticate
Spare Time: Gift
Omurice
Home Too
Violet
Spare Time: uwu
Cozen
Divulgence
Benediction
Welcome Back
Tacenda
Premonition
Preoccupied
Foil
Spare Time: Your New Name
Drag
Surreptitious
Spare Time: Sangwho?
Phok
Slip Up
Lament
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Special I Part II: Loves Me Not
Special I Finale: Touch Me Not
betabitch
Chapter IV: Fin
Pretty Little Bluff
Equilibrium
Quiescence
Hey Jewelii!
Betrothal
Spare Time: Abrupt
Familiarity
Entendre
Masticate
Spare Time: Snacks
Pantera
Sojourn
Superfluous
Irredeemable
Cloudgate
Retrograde
Time in a Tree Book Two: Gifts from Kane
Book II Chapter I: Discountenanced

Book One Finale: Desideratum

959 36 67
By smolestkohai

--i really wanna thank all of y'all who've been with me since the beginning, everyone new, and every one of you in between. it's definitely been a struggle getting here, but all of your kind words, your affirmations, your dms, your follows, your likes,  your comments, all of it, really and truly gets me through it all. i'm so excited to be wrapping up book one (finally lmao) with y'all. thank you. i love you. 💖💖--

He was still quiet, still brusque at times. Slowly but surely your relationship migrated into something different. Was it that things were easier when you lived in your car? Or was it that you had less responsibility? Less attachment? You'd shake your head, sitting at your desk, shooing those thoughts away for as long as they'd permit you peace.

Just a little longer.

You entered the home long past sundown after a few extra hours at Koji's. Shoulders just a little sore from packing everything with your coworkers. Koji signed the lease on the building you were supposed to be viewing with him. "It didn't get damaged that bad. And the price dropped because of what happened." was his reasoning. Between that and Tauros trying to put you in a headlock all evening to 'Test your reflexes', you were beyond tired.

Only a few lights were on, one far past your room catching your eyes while it bounced off the wall. He was home? You slid your shoes off at the genkan, bracing yourself against the door's trim as you did. You called for Soot quietly, not seeing the ball of fur running up to you until they made figure eights between your ankles. "Hello, to you too."

With your nightly routine done, and your pet coaxed into their bed, you exited your room. You hadn't heard much of anything as far as movement was concerned. Figuring the hero had forgotten to turn his room lights off before leaving, you decided you'd do it before crawling into bed yourself.

Ah. Your brows raised slightly when you reached the doorway. He was there, tablet in hand and bluelight glasses on, reading silently. His head motioned towards you, eyes still on what he was reading. "Yes?" 

You cleared your throat, fidgeting slightly. "I was just coming to say goodnight."

"Do you mind if I keep you for a few minutes?" He looked at you finally. "I've got some questions about what you sent me today."

"Okay," You nodded, "Which one?"

"More than one." He patted the space next to him on the bed.

It felt like an entire shift, sitting there, talking over the various documents and emails you bcc'd him in. You finally pulled your finger back after explaining something in what you felt was too much detail. But that was just to prevent any more questions. You still asked though, to be courteous. "What else did you want to go over?" He shook his head, cutting off the screen to the tablet. "That was all."

You opened your mouth to speak, but changed your mind quickly and opted to say nothing. But his brows lifted, inviting you to say what was on your mind. "I. Can I ask you something?" You gripped at the loose fabric of your shirt, nails poking through enough to scratch at your folded knees. Yagi hummed, nodding for you to continue. "About the other day, at the outlet mall, what's happening with that? I can't find anything on it." You halfway confess to snooping through documents. The news cycles weren't enough, just a mundane 'group of villains doing villainous things and heroes doing their hero things'.

"It's more than expected."

"Well, yeah, with that thing and all." You nodded.

"I can show you some things, but I can't promise you'll like it." Yagi offered. "That's fine." You asserted and scooted closer and watched while he poked around on his tablet again. Handing it over to you with documents open for your observing. You took it hesitantly, pulling it into your lap as you began to read. Mugshots, criminal histories, affiliations, basic things you would expect to see. 

That was until something new caught your eye. Your brow knitted and heart rate quickened. Why are they? You pointed, unknowingly speaking under your breath with eyes boring holes into the photos. "Why are they missing fingers? They are not dead, why are they missing-" You scrolled down, faster and confused looking over the photos of hands. There were only four of them, but still you questioned why they had missing fingers. Why are they wearing the killer's signature? You cleared your throat. "Is it them?...No." You answered your own question. "How are they connected?" Your eyes snapped up to his.

"They won't see the sun until they say; and that's not my call. I can let you know when I hear something."

"Okay...can I ask you something else?"

"If I can ask you something first." He reached out, taking the tablet from you.

"What is it?" You asked, watching him poke around more. Eventually, he turned it to you, a video of you playing during the fight. You snorted, hand shooting up to muffle your laugh at the clip of you beating someone with Faust's arm. "What's happening here?" Yagi's pointing and light tapping at the screen did not help. Your shoulders shook more violently every time you tried to open your mouth to explain.

"Take your time."

You took a deep breath, shaking off any of the smile that lingered on your cheeks. "He can uhm," You motioned with your hands, the backs of your fingers rubbing against the sides of your rib cage. "Faust has his primary arms and another set that comes from here." You paused to think. "They can drop the secondary pair and regrow them, like a lizard's tail, but a lot faster. It's the same with the primary, but it takes longer for them to grow back. So he kinda threw me... and sent his arm too," You chuckled, "And I used it-"

"To make this guy cry?" Yagi zoomed in on the villain's face. You looked away, your own face scrunching from another laugh bubbling up your throat. "That part wasn't intentional, I swear. Can I ask my question now, please?" You said through broken giggles.

"Sure."

You turned back, only for him to have zoomed in closer on the guy's face, close enough to see the lips quivering. "Toshi, listen."

"I am, ask away."

You took another deep breath, fanning your heated cheeks with your hands. "What happened to that thing? Where is it now?"

"The big one?"

"Mhm." You nodded, scooting closer, expecting him to show you something else on the tablet relating to it. "I don't know." He shrugged. "Quit playing with me." You huffed. "I'm serious, it didn't land. At least I haven't seen it land," He set a hand on his chest. "And if it has no one's told me."

"Well what was it? Because it definitely wasn't a person."

"No it was not." The hero gave a tired sigh and set his tablet on the bedside table, turning back to you. "Some, uh," he scratched the back of his head, looking for a word appropriate enough for the situation. Didn't happen. "Leftovers were sent in for testing."

You snorted. "Leftovers? 'Specimens' didn't make the cut?"

"I think what I said really painted the picture."

"It did." You nodded. "What was found?"

"Lots of spliced shit. They can't pinpoint what they're looking at right now."

You hummed, pinching your chin at the mention of the ominous 'they' again. "I'm hoping for an answer soon. That was...disturbing to say the least." The sound of it calling for help replayed in your mind along with the image of it poking its head through windows looking for survivors. You sighed out an 'okay' and moved towards the edge of the bed. "I won't bother ya any longer. Thanks for the info."

A soft 'wait' coming from behind you as you swung your legs off the bed. "Hm?' You looked over your shoulder. "Do you want to sleep with me?" Your snort turned into a chortle, not meaning to be rude, but it still happened. "Toshi, no," You turned halfway, palm resting against the cool sheets. "I mean yes, but no, don't say that."

"Why not? You say it." He rebutted.

"Yeah, but it sounds different."

"It does not."

"It does. Look, 'Toshi, come sleep with me'." You said simply. "That sounds the same." The blonde shrugged. "So when I," You scooted further on to the bed, facing him fully. "When I ask you to come sleep with me, I sound like I'm asking for dick?"

"I know what you mean, if that's what you're asking."

"It's really not!" You chuckled nervously. "Answer the question."

"Can you hit that light?" He pointed at the lamp on the side table closest to you. "Can you answer my question?" You asked while you leaned over, flicking its small, black switch. "I did." He cut his own lamp off and adjusted himself under the covers, his head propped on a bent elbow.

"You did not." You could barely make out his features, the moon's light pouring in from the windows behind him casting a dark shadow. "In what context do people normally use that phrase in?" Dark, but you could still make out the straight face he made with that question.

"Tosh, if I wanted to fuck, you'd know." You clapped.

"I'm aware."

"Don't do that." You sucked your teeth.

"You opened the door."

"Then I'll close it." You pursed your lips and slid under the covers. "Goodnight."

You didn't know how much time had passed, but it felt like ages. It was probably only seconds, but those seconds were enough to make you say "Why are you staring at the back of my head?" with all the annoyance you could muster. "Why are you so far away?" You could almost feel him smirking. "Bro, why don't you go to sleep?" You pushed your head into the pillow, rolling your eyes hard at the movement you felt behind you. "I will." 

An arm wrapped around your waist and pulled, sliding you across the bed and into a warm chest. "I thought you were mad at me." The crown of your head pressed against his chin as you moved to look up. Unable to see him, you settled on the ceiling and the crumbs of his profile you could see in your peripheral. "I'm not." He breathed, your eyes widened. "Really?" You tried not to sound so shocked. "A little." He confessed.

"O...kay. Can we talk about it?" You pushed against him lightly, just enough to lie on your back and look at him. His hand moved from your waist to your arm, running down its length until he took hold of your hand. Pulling it from beneath the sheets and looking it over, his thumb ran over your palm before brushing up and stretching your relaxed fingers. "We already had a talk."

"I'm down for another one." You pressed.

"Feelings for me to handle. It's nothing you can fix."

You said nothing, your lips pressing into a frown. "Life would be too easy if after things were resolved we could go back to feeling the way we did before so quickly after." He breathed. "You think so?" You questioned.

"Didn't you tell me something similar?"

"Did I?"

"When I told you to stay with me."

You took a moment to think, watching over his slow movements, tracing every fold of your hand. "When I was zooted off those meds and protein shakes? Toshi, that was you."

"No. Was it?"

"I'm pretty sure."

"Well then, you know what I'm on about. I should write a book."

"Mhm. It'd be an immediate best seller." You nodded. "That'd only be because All Might's name is on it." He puffed. "Nooo. I would buy it because Toshinori wrote it." You confessed. "You don't count. You'd get a free copy anyway." His thumb paused in the center of your palm. "If you don't mind," He started, you hummed in response with brows raised. "Does it come from here?" His thumb stroked at your fingertips. "My quirk? It comes from anywhere."

"Anywhere." Yagi repeated. "Yeah, I could probably shit one if I wanted to." He snorted. "There it is." You took your free hand and poked at his cheek. "Haven't seen that in a while." You looked over his small smile. "I smile all the time, it's kinda my thing." He huffed. "Not this one though. This is your 'I'm comfortable and I just heard something a little silly' smile."

"You name them?" He leaned in with his question before rocking back. "Honey bunny, I have a whole catalog in my prefrontal cortex."

"I'm just in there."

"A lot. Rent free."

"That's cute."

"Ew." You faked a gag and took hold of his hand. "Here." You focused your quirk between your palms. A bubble forming and pushing them apart, you pushed it into his grasp. He pulled away carefully, almost unsure, looking at the sphere he held with the pad of his fingers. You turned over, now on your stomach and holding yourself up on bent elbows. "Interesting." The blonde said just above a whisper, talking to himself.

You hummed, eyes looking just passed him when he finally looked up at you. He turned his head, seeing the one floating near his head. "How did you..." He trailed off, attempting to set the first bubble down between you only for it to hover over the sheets. He took hold of the second gingerly and turned to lie on his back.

"Anywhere." You shrugged. "These are..." He held the new between his thumb and forefinger, the moonlight refracting through it. "Are these like the ones you made at the mall?"

"Nooo." You shook your head quickly. "That took everything out of me. These are just for show." Like gum, you blew one from between your lips, smaller and floating away from you.

"How long will they last?" Yagi looked between the three of them.

"A few minutes."

He reached above his head and took hold of the smallest one tightly. "Do you mind?"

"Knock yourself out." You watched as he squeezed until it popped. Glittering leftovers shooting out from between his fingers. He did another, amused at the little light show they gave. "Be careful with that." You said softly. "Hm?" He turned his attention to you, still moving to grab the last. "You inhale too much of that and you'll get dizzy. Like the nauseous kind of dizzy."

"That's good to know. Did you ever use that? While you were training?"

"Yes." You purred. "You threw them." He guessed. You shook your head. "Close combat and bubbled fists, made them pop with every hit."

"Brutal." He smiled again, letting your quirk go and float across the room.

It wasn't long after that, it couldn't have been a month you convinced yourself, that you found your feet taking you back to his room one afternoon. Following a familiar tune that must have been coming from his television. Your gym plans were canceled when you popped your head in to see what he was up to. With an exaggerated gasp, you repeated 'Pause it!' over and over again while bouncing on the balls of your feet. "What's wrong?" He paused the movie. His form lied out across the bed, he turned and looked over at you.

"I have to get snacks!" You ran off down the hall and slid into the kitchen. You were sure all he could hear was a commotion coming from the other side of the house. It didn't matter. You came barrelling back in with your arms full of goodies. "Where did you get all that?!" He sat up, looking over the assortment of snacks you sprawled out between the two of you as you made yourself comfortable on the bed. An array of snacks you had hidden well.

"Don't worry about all that." You waved it off and tore open a pack of cookies. "You are free today and I am free today so that means!" You pointed excitedly at the television. "Studio Ghibli marathon!" You turned towards the screen. "Oh!" You pulled out your phone. "I'm gonna order real food too so we don't get sick from eating junk all day. What do you want?" You craned your neck to look at him, his mouth slightly agape. "I..." Yagi's shoulders dropped, a weird expression of relief washing over his face. "What's wrong? Too much?" You pulled back, hands falling into your lap.

"No," He shook his head. "Not at all. Order whatever you want."

"You sure?" You raised your brows at him. "Positive."

"Mmmokay." You scooched back to sit at his side. "You can go ahead and press play if you're ready."

It was somewhere between the ikayaki and the fifth film, you made a mental note of what he said. He really likes those trees. You nodded to yourself. That'll come in handy.

You found time to exercise again eventually. You stood in the genkan, bracing yourself against the wall while you slid on your running shoes. "Where are you headed?" The blonde asked from the couch. "Just going for a run." You answered while setting your foot down. "I'll come with." He stood up quickly. "Huh? Why?"

"Because we haven't run together in ages."

"I mean yeah, and my question is still the same. What can running at my pace do for you?" You were asking the back of his head at this point, his form disappearing on the way to his room. "We're not running for me, we're running for you." He replied when coming back into view. Stepping into the genkan with you, the blond handed you his phone while he put on his shoes. "Do the thing."

"Um?" You looked between him and it. He tapped at his earbud. "Oh!" You pulled out your own phone and synced them for music share.

It was hell, running double or triple times the bpm of your music. A hand pressed on your back when you started to slow, ensuring that you kept up. You didn't even know how far away from the house you'd gotten, you just silently pleaded you'd take a cab back. I'm changing this playlist. Is all you could think when you finally stopped and collapsed onto your hands and knees in a patch of grass. I'm changing this fucking playlist. The hero stood over you, checking his watch. "You're improving so fast."

"Suck my dick, Toshi." You said through heavy breathing. "Maybe if you beat your personal best next time." Next time? This was the sixth time. You scoffed and sat down, resting your arms on bent knees. You should've known better than thinking him running with you would just be a one off thing the week prior. He was 'Making up for taking away your me-time with so much work'. He took a seat next to you, smirking at the side eye you gave him. "You're trying to kill me."

"I see it as growth." He sighed, proud of himself. "Nah, because you didn't even let the preworkout start to pre the workout." You shook your head.

"But did you die?"

"Almost." Your breathing steadied as you pulled your phone from your arm band to check the time. "Ready?" Might sat forward. "No!" You nearly shouted. "Noooooo. I need a bit." You set your phone down and puffed.

You couldn't recall a time where you were more thankful for sleep, at least not at the moment. Nevertheless, you cocooned yourself in your covers and sheets and pressed your head into your pillows and drifted off to dreamland when all of a sudden you hear this agitating and grating voice-

"I'm just gonna squeeze in here." Yagi said while peeling the covers from your skin, releasing all the warmth you built up, just to slide in next to you. Unearthed from the soft pit you placed yourself in while he adjusted his arm beneath you to pull you closer. "You smell nice."

"Go to sleep." You turned aggressively, pulling the covers up to your ears.

When you opened your eyes you sat upon gray steps, lush greenery surrounding you. You looked ahead seeing a familiar duo of children in the grass, a single pane of glass separating you. You sighed. I'm dreaming for sure. "Why so glum?" Another familiar person plopped down next to you. "Where've you been?" You bit your lip, eyes welling with tears. Cherry swung her arm around your shoulders and squeezed. "You didn't need me." She smiled. "Look how good you're doing!"

"That doesn't mean I didn't wanna see you!"

"You really stuck it to 'em out there secret hero." Suzuki plopped down on the step below you, reclining back on his palms. "You're here-"

"That pinball thing you did? Fucking awesome." He nodded in approval. "You were really great out there." Cherry wiped away the tears that stained your cheeks and pulled you in. Your head immediately took comfort on her shoulder. "You wanna tell us about them?" She nodded towards the kids. "Yeah, who are they?" Suzuki quipped. "I mean, I can tell that one," he pointed, "is you but who's the other one."

"I don't remember their name." You shrugged. "Just some playground bully." The three of you watched one of your childhood memories. "They kinda suck." Suzuki commented, seeing the little you throwing handfuls of dirt, trying to ward off the one approaching you after pushing you to the ground. "How old were you?" Cherry asked. 

"Four, I think."

"Why weren't you using your quirk?"

"I didn't get it for another year or so."

You saw the little bully's head snap back, looking over their shoulders. They heard the sound of their mother's voice scolding them from afar and ran off. "That's all it took." Suzuki scoffed, you hummed, seeing a little boy run up to the little you and hold his hand out for you to take. "Who's that?"

"Suzuki, shut up and watch." Cherry hissed.

"Are you okay?" He grabbed your hand tight and pulled you to your feet. You only sniffed and looked down. He didn't let go of your hand, fingers locked with yours as he swung them between you two. "Well...My name's Jason. What's your name?" He leaned, almost turning upside down to see your face. You said your name just barely above a whisper. "Huh? I can't hear you?"

You took a deep breath, and lifted your chin high like your dad taught you, saying your name loud and clear. "Oh! Hi! I like that name!" Jason grinned and then said your name just like you. He sounded just like you. "How do you?" You just barely got out before he tugged on your hand, pulling you behind him as he ran. "Come play with me!"

"I wish he'd visit me too." You breathed out against Cherry's shoulder. "You know there's a reason for everything. Even if it's stupid." She pulled you in a full embrace. "Dammit." You sniffed. "I really don't wanna wake up anytime soon."

"What about your 'big guy'?"

"Him?" You rolled your eyes. "I'll wake up, he'll already be up, then we go on the most torturous morning run."

"Then don't?" Suzuki snorted. "Have fun." His head cocked back to look at you before looking back at the little you and Jason laughing and rolling in the grass.

When you opened your eyes again it was morning. Yagi was awake just as you knew he would be. The ring on your necklace he fiddled with between his thumb and forefinger. He spoke a soft good morning. "Yes, it was his." You took hold of his hand, the ring falling against your collarbone, and you turned. Pulling his arm around your waist. "Let's sleep in, just this once."

He moved in, his chest pressing against your back and face resting in your crown. "You don't have to compete with a dead man."

"I'm not competing, I just worry about you." He sighed into you. You hummed, reaching back just far enough to place your hand on his cheek. "Aw, you're so sweet." You raised your brows. "Does that mean we're not running today?"

"Definitely still running."

"I dunno, Yoshi. It's starting to feel like this is some sort of unnecessary payback."

"It is. Emphasis on unnecessary." The blonde kissed your shoulder. 

"Wooow."

"But I do love lying here with you, so I guess we'll go later."

You can make it fun. Just make it fun. You were in the front yard stretching, moments before disaster. Just be a little silly. A little goofball. "Are you ready?" Yagi's voice pulled you from your thoughts. "Not just yet." You stalled, stretching your calves again. Bro, wtf am I supposed to do? Play tag? Just push him and run. No because he'd use that against me. I don't know how but he would. You imagined him just barely running behind you. Far enough to intentionally not tag you back, but close enough to keep you moving just in case he did. You shook your head. "We should get going, so we'll be back before it gets cooler."

He was right, you were going out in the evening instead of the early morning like usual. The temperature was only going to drop versus having the sunrise warm you. You gave a nod and stood straight.

Halfway into your run you thought it wasn't going too badly. Don't tell me I've gotten used to this already. That thought was definitely to be determined, Yagi had only brought his hand to your back once so far.

"Oop, wait!" you reached for your phone strapped to your arm and turned the volume up. "I love this song."

"So we'll run a little faster to it."

"No, we'll slow down." You dodged the hand that reached for your back and fell behind. "It's a cool down, Yoshi, come on!" You breathed, just barely bouncing along. "This is hardly a jog."

"Oh? Did you add this to your playlist for a break." His brows lifted.

"Maybe." You grinned, making a few quick steps in double time to get ahead of him, treading backwards. "You can't lie, this song is a vibe."

You came into my life,

With no warning

Like a flash of light

"It is."

And I was doing fine

Until you came in

And I watched my future rewrite

You grabbed him by the hand. "Do you wanna see something cool?"

I'm not ready

I am not prepared

"How cool?"

"So cool! Do you trust me?"

He nodded. "Great." You came to a halt, and held him by the arm firmly. Yagi hadn't realized you had covered him in bubbles when you started spinning, your heel firmly planted when you sent him flying in a hammer throw. You heard his boisterous laugh as he cut through the clouds above you.

I was so steady on my feet

But now I'm up in the air

You kicked bubbles from your heels, each one popping and boosting you further until you caught up with him in the clouds. "How did you?!" His smile cut from ear to ear. "How are you?!" His head stuck out from the cumulus, arms and hands trying in vain to pull himself up on the cloud like a pillow with just too much down.

"Cool right?"

See I like you a lot

You make me buzz

Like an astronaut

"Here." You floated over and took his hand again. "We're going down."

"What?"

"Don't worry, we'll come back up." You set some of your bubbles free, the two of you dropping quickly. Falling from the low skies as the moisture in the air enveloped you both, your eyes set on the river you quickly approached. You readied yourself, the grasp on your companion tight as you told him to be ready to land on his feet. You held your breath in anticipation, your own feet out and prepared as they made contact with the water. Wakes bounding from your soles that reached your shoulders, died down into ripples that chased your toes as you pressed forward.

I'm so ready you take me as I am

You're worth every penny, yeah I'll pay all I can

Skating along the water's surface, you couldn't tell if Yagi was more amazed or confused. You could tell, however, that his grip was loosening. Curiosity wanted the best of him. "I wouldn't do that." You laughed. He looked up at you, a little ashamed and a little bashful. "I'll sink?"

"No, but you'll stop moving after a while." You looked down at your feet, rhythmically skating along, and then to his that were just there for the ride. "Oh!" You could see the realization in his face. The little waves reflecting the yellows and whites of the street lights that jaggedly sprouted beneath him. "That's alright, we're going back up." You said without giving Yagi time to prepare. It's not as if you went soaring up, it was a leisurely pace. Each bubble you made, you floated to and bounced off of, with the hero in tow and his hand becoming ever entwined with yours.

You could see everything from as high as you were, your bodies floating along the stratus with the night's calm wind.

I'm not ready, I am not prepared

I was so steady

On my feet but now I'm up in the air

"You can almost see the house from here." You pointed. The skies had become dark, lit with just enough light pollution to see each other. "You're amazing." His voice was soft and carried to you by the breeze. "Oh," you waved it off. "Don't stroke my ego."

"I mean it. I've never seen anyone like you."

"One of a kind suits me then, huh?"

"Without a doubt."

"Would you like to see one more-"

"Yes!"

"I love your enthusiasm." You took both of his hands in yours, whispering to him to keep them clasped tightly. Might could feel something festering between his palms, your focus was only on the space between you as it rumbled slightly.

"There." The shaking stopped and you beckoned him to open his palms to reveal a softball sized bubble. It's chrome sheen reflecting both of your faces. The hero leaned in, his forehead pushed against yours. "What is-"

"It's unstable and you need to throw it." You snorted.

"Eh?"

"You should throw it," you pointed up. "Like now."

"O-kay?" The hero took the ball in one hand and launched it into the night sky. Your creation disappeared from sight, exploding into a euphony of colors.

It's just you and me

With the world beneath our feet

We can see for miles up here

We can go wild up here

Each twinkling piece imitating another's color as they fell slowly. You smiled, watching. "I think that's been my best one yet." The clouds pushed themselves around your forms, refusing to divert from their paths. The dampness pulled your attention from the light show and you took the chance to look at the blonde. You stifled a laugh and pulled out your phone for a quick photo, a fraction of payback from your first trip to the garden. That artificial camera shutter made him turn to you, brows up in interest. "You look so pretty." You cheesed and showed him the picture. The bubbles that covered him, even his stray hairs, reflected the hues above you on his profile. He hadn't looked at the screen, only at you. "You've got no idea."

It's just me and you

Now we're taking in the view

"Huh?" Your head tilted. "I should get one of you too." He reached for his phone. "Mmm alright." Your nodding was interrupted by a loud pop, your head snapping in the direction of the sound. It must've been a particularly hardy layer of your bubble finally exploding, a new shower of pigment casting over you.

*Click*

We can spend the rest of our days

Way up here just me and you

Your eyes widened, realizing what happened again. "Let me see!" You turned reaching for a phone that was already put away. "Maybe later."

Even with all the fun, work was still a thing you had to do. You bit at your bottom lip, trying to keep your focus between your dual monitors. Knee deep in things to do, you kept zoning out to the night prior. All because of a damn sweater. Could you really blame a piece of clothing? You sighed and looked down at your fingers tugging at your sleeves.

Subconsciously wearing the same color maybe? Unconsciously having flashbacks. The kind that made you stare off into space and thighs rub together.

It was just teasing, simple haha jokes. Did you go in his closet and steal one of his sweaters? Yes. Were you caught in the act? Yes. Did you lie when he confronted you while you wore the sweater? Absolutely. "Thrifted it." Is what you told him with a shrug, sliding by him to exit his closet. "Bullshit." He watched you leave, your speed increasing to get out of the bedroom. You yelled to him over your shoulder that you claimed it as back pay for all the food of yours he'd eaten. Your cheesing was nonstop throughout the day, oversized sleeves flapping as you walked. You rolled them up to poke and tease at him occasionally that it looked better on you and he couldn't deny it even if he tried.

It was all cool.

Even when he started poking back. You made a note to yourself not too long after. When your chest was heaving and heat filled your cheeks. Poked one too many times, he pinned you while you weren't paying attention. You were trapped between the couch and kotatsu, legs folded in the odd position you were pushed into. He was so close. A hand firm but gentle holding you by the jaw and thumb dragging across your bottom lip. Your nervous palms running up the length of his arms to his wrist, seeing his eyes soften when you nodded.

His free arm sneaking around your waist to pull you into his lap, you pushed forward to press your lips on his.

He moved his hand to caress your cheek with fingertips that brushed past your temple and neck, pulling you into him. Your arms wrapped around his neck and your heart thumped in your ears. You asked for more, biting at his lip.

There wasn't time made to undress, the sweater being half pulled off and panties torn off to be thrown across the living room. His mouth was still on yours as he did it, as he lied your back on the kotatsu and did away with his own shirt. The cold table a stark difference from the heat he breathed into you. His lips parting from yours only to taste your skin and take you in. Your hands were needy and begging him to come back crashing into you. Your pleas only ignored to recall the parts of you he committed to memory. Every caress and squeeze giving way to sounds he'd die to have you make again. He listened to you, and when there was a new sound he slowed and said "Show me.", letting your hands guide him, eager to learn you more.

You cursed under your breath. He had to have been doing this for himself, to see you writhe beneath him and hear your soughs. You plead for him, kissing along his jawline. Your hands unsure of where to go ran over his chest and up to his neck. "Don't beg." He breathed over you. "You don't have to beg."

Your tenderhearted moans entwined as he pushed in. He held you close, your head in his hands while he kissed you again and again. You held him close, your legs locked around his waist by your ankles while your nails left marks across his back. Cries escaping the two of you between thrusts. Slow and meaningful, just enough to take each other in.

He whispered something in your ear, you couldn't make it out and just giggled out a "What?". A bed. He asked if you wanted the bed. Pulling back away from your embrace so reluctantly, he stood and held his hand out for you.

You took it, only to be pulled up and carried to his moonlit room. Your laughs filled the air when he playfully tossed you on the bed so he could rid himself of his pants messied with a mix of you both. The sweater you stole tossed alongside it.

He was back on you in a second and leaving marks across your chest, you hardly noticed the pillows he slid under your back. "Turn around." You smiled, biting your bottom lip and nodding. Damn him, making you live out that dream you had in bliss. A hand gripped into your folded hip, pulling you onto him with every beg for more. Your breaths exasperated and body pouring in sweat while you grasped at anything to hold on to. Something to brace you for your oncoming climax. Yagi leaned into you, a cry escaping your throat while he pushed further. His other hand breaking away from your clit to find its way to your neck again with thumb and forefinger used to direct your attention. You pushed up onto your elbows, letting him guide your posture. Your back arched as deeply as it could be atop the pillows and head now pointed towards his open windows.

Thank goodness he didn't have neighbors.

The moonlight was just enough to see yourself and his eyes so lustfully on your reflection. To see him whisper in your ear. "I want you to watch me fucking you." You nearly melted, your brain short circuiting at the mix of sweet nothings and the pounding. 

"You look so good like this."

"So beautiful."

"Come for me again."

"I can't wait to pin you to that fucking wall."

You shook your head, coming back to the present from activities of the night past. Y'all were a damn mess. It took you an hour to get around to bathing. Why? Why was that? You managed to get the shower running... He followed you. And you, determined to be on top, thought to break in the loveseats. Steam poured into the room from the bathroom, and still craving after that round you 'showered' together.

You let out a long sigh and adjusted yourself in your work chair. Damn. Face falling into your hands while you tried to wipe those thoughts away. It's not working. You wined, shuffling your feet frustrated across the floor. When the elevator pinged your head popped up. You blinked a few times forcing yourself into the now before you looked in its direction. 

Yagi's voice purred your name from down the hall. "Yes?" You smiled, giving a small wave as you caught each other's eye. "I got you something." His smile was genuine, a home smile, when he reached your desk and set a shopping bag in front of you. "What's this?" You questioned, your fingers grazing the edge of the bag. "I kind of owe you a phone so..." You mouthed an 'Oh' and looked inside, pulling out the device's box. "It's the new one that came out a few weeks ago."

"But it costs so much, you didn't have to-"

"I bought you versace."

"Point taken." You nodded and broke the seals to get to your new phone.

That's...I managed to forget about my phone. You lips pursed, zoning out again at the site of the 'on' screen to waking up that morning.

Late for you two but still early for everyone else. Your form laid against his chest. His fingers running the length of your arm when you awoke to see him resting, awake, but with eyes closed facing the ceiling. You whispered a soft good morning and pushed up to kiss his cheek before sitting up. You turned to slide off the bed, pausing to sigh and wipe the sleep from your eyes. Honestly just trying to play it cool, because what I'm not gonna do is get up and limp like this is some fanfic. There was a movement behind you, soon followed by a hand on your waist and tempting words to come back to bed.

"We've got meetings today."

"Not until after lunch." Yagi kissed your neck between words. "We have time. We'll be quick."

You snorted. "Yeah, the last round was supposed to be quick and look." You waved your hand at the assortment of bubbles that floated slowly and aimlessly around your room. "That was so sexy." He smiled against your skin. "Did you know you could do that?"

"Yeah." You said bashfully and rubbed at your temple.

"You should've told me sooner."

"Why?" You laughed. "What do you mean 'why'? So I can make sure you come that hard every time." He grabbed you and pulled you back, crashing into the pillows. "Toshi!"

"Come for me like that again, one more time."

"Ew, you're so forward." Your scoff was cut off by your own laughter. "And we're so naked." Yagi leaned over you. You rolled your eyes, unable to wipe the smile off your face you had for the big goof that lumbered above you. You reached over to your nightstand to check the time on your phone and turned back to see the grin plastered on his face. "Come here." You barely got out before his lips crashed into yours.

It was somewhere in there when your old phone rang for the last time. He reached over and crushed it mid thrust, and through your exasperated protests he apologized. Lips grazing against you, promising to get you a new one. "Whatever you want. Anything you want, just come for me."

Goosebumps rose across your arms and you sighed again looking at the new phone in the present time. "I got you the new watch too," Might poked around in the bag. "And the matching earbuds." How is he functioning like he didn't just rearrange my insides?  "Really?" You gave your head another little shake to focus and looked in the bag after him. "Mm, there was a deal on the bundle."

"Ah, thank you again, Might."

"Anything for you." He leaned down to peck your forehead. "I won't distract you while you set everything up." He turned for his office door, hand on the handle when you nearly shouted "Wait!" You moved to stand. "Don't-" Might held a hand out. "Don't do that."

"Huh?" You looked at him confused. Ears red, he looked at the ceiling and then back to you. "You can't see," he motioned below his waist. "Because your desk is so tall." You gave a shaky exhale and stood anyway, loosening the buttons of your blouse. "Those doors lock don't they?"

You were on your now two-week-old phone phone early one morning. No alarm to wake you, but your internal clock was determined to peel those eyes open nonetheless on your day off. And what luck, you couldn't fall back to sleep. Must be nice. You thought about the one sleeping behind you. He'd become so used to sleeping with his arm around you, no matter the position and no matter how far away on the bed you made yourself. Awake or asleep, he'd find you and bring you close. That being said, you were glad you didn't wake up immediately needing to use the bathroom. That's how you found yourself there, scrolling through your phone aimlessly until you got a text from your mom. She sent you photos of the things she bought for your brother's birthday.

A heavy feeling hit your chest. Homesick...I haven't felt that in a while. You bit your lip and let out the smallest of sighs. I wonder what the flights look like this time of year. Probably awful. You thumbed around, comparing flight prices, times, and layovers. You crossed off the ones you didn't want mentally and kept looking, shifting dates as you pleased.

Something felt off, the longer you looked. The prices must be going up because of cookies or whatever. You switched to incognito mode. Nope. That wasn't it. Something feels wrong. Am I forgetting something? Did I tell him happy birthday? Nah, the time difference. I'll tell him in a few more hours. What's... You blinked a few times. What's...

He's up.

What?

He's awake.

You clicked onto a flight with a layover in Singapore. He's breathing like he's sleeping.

Why do you feel uneasy?

I don't-

Because he's awake. Just look. Look for yourself.

I...Your thumb brushed over the power button, turning the screen off.

He's awake. Why...was it fear? Your stomach dropped and you wished it took you with it. You caught him, his reflection, piercing blue right on you. Fuck all the cutesy catalog talk you made. What the fuck was that look? It cut you down to your core and said it knew everything you've done and will do. You set your phone down and pushed yourself up to look at Toshinori.

And it was gone.

"Are you trying to run away from me?" His voice was kind. His expression was soft and tired while he pushed out a chuckle. You sat on bent knees and rubbed at your eyes. Am I seeing shit? "I'm just feeling a little homesick is all." You said finally. No. "I can understand that." He said through a yawn. "It's been a while since you've been home." He set a hand on your thigh. "It really has." You nodded. Don't let that bitch be right. OOOOO if Bianca was right... "Don't be mad at me." Yagi started. "Don't make me mad at you." You laughed. "This time of year, my schedule gets packed, and I could really use your help standing in for me with conferences."

"You'd been better off just asking me not to go." You said bluntly. "I'm not saying that, I just really need you here at this time more so for the sake of the company, this isn't for me." He set a hand on his chest. "Take all the vacation time you want after. I just might take some too."

You leaned in, setting a hand on his cheek and smiling softly.

"You'll stay?" He reached up to set his hand on yours, but not fast rough. You had moved to hold him by the jaw, your digits pressing lightly into his cheeks. "That was pathetic. If you're going to gaslight me, you'll need to do better than whatever the hell that was. I'll let it slide this time since you're so cute." Your smile became a bit more genuine. "And I like 'em a little crazy."

"You do?" Yagi pushed forward, your back straightened on its own to accommodate the space he began to take.

"I don't hear you denying anything."

"Ego's bruised. I'll try again later." He moved in so fast, his nose just brushing against yours.

"Later?" You snorted and reared your head back from his advances. "Not too bruised to make a move on me."

"Call it an apology." He pushed passed your hand and placed a kiss on your cheek, moving down to your neck and shoulder. "A long and drawn out apology."

Later, you thought to yourself while shuffling around in your room; mentally checking off the list of things for your gym bag. With it full and slung over your shoulder you left your room. You scanned the home for the blonde. Still can't believe he tried to gaslight me at six in the morning. You nearly scoffed. "Toshi?" You called out his name, his reply could be heard from across the house.

You saw him sitting there at the dining table, taking in the views over the pool. "Hey," You said in a small puff. "I'm about to head out. Do you need me to grab anything while I'm gone?" He shook his head, setting a hand on the seat next to him. "Can you spare a few minutes?"

"Sure," You walked over and took a seat, pulling your gym bag into your lap. "What's up?"

He opened his mouth to speak, brows knitting at the sigh that took the place of words. He shook it off, digging in his pants pocket opposite of you. "Still mad about the mall?" You joked lightly. "No, not at all." He dug around in his pocket and pulled out a ring box, setting it on the table between the two of you. "In case you ever have doubts." Your brows raised high in uncertainty looking over that thing he set there. "Or you somehow forget I'm not joking."

You continued to eye the box, not saying anything. "It's empty. Just an ornamental little thing." He filled in the little silence. You opened your mouth to speak, clicking your tongue before you did so. "Your timing is strange."

"What do you mean?" Yagi looked away from the box and at you.

"You ask me to hold back on my trip just a few hours ago, you blow my back out, and now-"

"I promise it's nothing like that. Nothing like that at all." He sighed out. You, with an unwanted lump in your throat, nodded and pushed up out of your seat. "Okay, Toshi..."

"Tell me." He took your free hand in his. "Tell me what I need to do. I'll-"

"What are we?" You said plainly. "Let's start there. What is this? Really?"

"I...I have a few words for it, but I don't think you'd be comfortable with them right now. I'd like you to tell me, if that's alright." You stood there, staring into him as you thought. His walls were down, but you couldn't pick up on how he was feeling. "Dating." You said finally. "We're dating."

"Dating?" That wasn't one of his words. "I- Alright. Tell me what else."

You took your eyes off him and laid them on that little box. "A prenup."

"A what?" He almost hissed.

"I want a prenup, a detailed one." You repeated yourself assuredly. "Can I ask why?" Yagi fought the urge to scrunch his nose as he asked. "If I take this," You started. "If I take you up on this, I've decided to give you all of me. You ask for the moon and I will bring it to you. You go to war and I am beside you. I demand the same of you, always. Should things turn foul, I need enough to get away from you. Cash. I will not take checks or wires. You'll never see me again. There will be no on and off. You won't treat me like her. I won't let you." You looked back at him. "Can you do that?"

"Never see you again."

"Nope." You shook your head, "Well, unless we had kids, but I don't think we would."

"You drive a hard bargain." He rubbed the back of his neck, looking away from you and back over the pool. "Not really." You shrugged. "I could disappear with half a mil'."

"I don't care about the money. You'll give me no chances to try again?"

"You know how much it'd take to build up to a divorce? If we made it that far, I gave you all the chances you could get." Your annunciation bit the last few syllables. The blonde sat there in silence. His hand still wrapped around yours with his thumb tracing your knuckles. "Alright."

"Alright?"

"Alright. Your terms will be met."

"What do you need from me?" Your head tilted to the side, waiting for his desiderata.

"This wouldn't be here if I didn't find everything I was looking for."

Time had passed and it hadn't been back again, that look. Regardless, you filed it away and refused to forget it. Not that one, no. Not even while you sat across from him at the lovely dinner reservations he made. Nevertheless, you would continue on. You spoke his name quietly. "Hm?" He looked across the small round table at you, pulling a fork from between his lips. "Your birthday's coming up, did you have anything planned? Anything you wanted?"

"No," he shook his head. "Have I put you in a gift giving mood?"

"No," you answered honestly. "I've had something in mind for a while now."

"Oh? What is it?" He leaned forward. "You'll see soon enough. I already have those days clear in your schedule. I just need your 'go ahead'."

"And what if I don't want to do anything?"

"When was the last time you did something for your birthday besides look good and entertain the people?"

He huffed, amused and sat back. "I'm looking forward to what you have up your sleeve."

"Me too."

You had to pull some tough strings to get him where you wanted quietly. Something in your soul was telling you that the simple bun or half up-half down wasn't going to be enough. You went out and bought hair wax.

He sat in front of you, too early in the morning, while you stood between his knees trying your best to keep the wax off his skin. "This would be so much easier if you kept still." You hissed and swatted at his hand that rubbed at the back of your thigh. "I'm still."

"You are not." You huffed.

"I am where it counts."

"Yeah, okay." You rolled your eyes, pulling the hair tie from around your wrist with your teeth. "This stuff has come so far." You marveled at how thin and discreet it was while you gave him his usual, blend-in-with-the-public bun. "You know what, I think I like you as a brunette." You said pulling your hands away. His gaze only partially met yours, your attention being on his brows you'd done beforehand. You ran a thumb over one. "That's fucking dope."

"I should retire and dye it then." He said, rocking you slightly in his grip. "You do not mean that." You snorted. "Nope."

You hummed through pursed lips, checking time on your watch. Still ahead of schedule. "I gotta get cleaned up and then we're good to go."

"Will you tell me where we're going now?"

"Uh no." You laughed and turned for the bathroom. "You know how hard it is to get you somewhere three hours away under the radar."

"Yes."

"For the average person. I mean."

"Kind of."

"With a blindfold and noise canceling headwear. The answer is no."

Minor bumps in the road but you made it work. A smaller, private plane with two other passengers took you to your destination. You let him have the window seat, waiting until the pilot gave you the signal you'd agreed on earlier. You were getting close, blind fold and noise canceling engaged. You guided him by the hands off the plane, and handed him his rucksack. You slid your own on and took him by the hand again. Leading him off the tarmac, through the little airport, and into a car.

He snickered something about feeling so exclusive.

"Oh you are the VVVVVVVIP." You said driving. He only wore the blind fold, enjoying the sounds of whatever it was he was passing and small conversation he made with you, his fingers interlocked with yours.

When the car finally came to a stop, you breathed a sigh of relief. "Just so you know," Yagi started. "I could see through this the whole time."

"WHAT?!" You jumped in your seat, hands grabbing at your scalp and chest heaving. "Kidding." He grinned.

"OOOOOO." You winded your fist. "OOOOOO I SHOULD THROW YOU."

"I think I'd like to experience that again."

"I bet you would." You sucked your teeth and got out. Rounding the car to his side, you saw he'd already opened the door and was stepping out. You grabbed his wrist, your hand sliding down into his. "I can do it." He chuckled standing straight. "Yeah? What if there was a cliff? You asked, pulling your bags from the back seat. "You wouldn't do that to me, would you? Peach?" He still had the sleazy ass grin on his face. You brought his hand to one of the straps of his bag, he threw it over both shoulders quickly. "Depends." You started, putting your own bag on. "You made me your beneficiary yet?"

"Wooow." His brows shot up. "Kidding." You mocked, taking hold of him once more.

"I think I need to take this off and see what devious plans you're cooking." Yagi touched the cloth over his eyes. "You can take the blindfold off in ten minutes." You started confidently, rubbing your thumbs over his knuckles. "I'm not gonna talk for a while, just guide you as best I can. Our path may get a little difficult, but I promise I won't let you fall."

"Are you reading me your vows?"

"Yoshi." You sighed. "I'm not gonna lie to you, Peach, I did not come prepared. You should've told me sooner." You laughed lightly. "You ready, big guy?"

"I am, I trust you."

"That's good." You smiled, pulling him forward.

The breeze was calm, and you were so thankful the meteorologist was right. The leaves rustled as you passed the tree line and almost immediately primate calls filled your ears. You slowed, looking over your shoulder at Toshi. His ears were perked and his head turned slowly in all directions as you led him. As you crossed a bridge, you paused and tugged on his hand until he crouched down with you. You brought his hand down to the running water beneath you. He smiles at the feeling of the waves and fish that bush against his fingers. He took his time, and you waited until he was ready to move forward, his hand excitedly intertwined with yours.

You checked your phone. Almost there. You continued forward, now only slowing when he fell prey to his curiosity.

One last check of the location, just to be sure you were in the right spot, and you stopped for the last time. You squeezed his hand, pulling him closer as you reached up. Your fingertips patted at his cheeks until he leaned down, you moved to take his blindfold off and he took the opportunity to kiss your forehead. You laugh softly and take his hand again, placing it against the trunk of a tree. "Moss." His brows furrowed as he thought and you finally got the blindfold off. Toshi opened his eyes slowly, blinking a few times as they adjusted to the light. His expression was a mix of confusion and excitement as things came into focus.

What a sense of awe and wonder. Yagi took a few unsteady steps back. He'd been taller than most people for so long and now he was surrounded by Yakushima giants. Trees that grazed the sky and looked down upon him. Beings he looked up to literally and figuratively, having lived through every natural disaster and against time itself, and continued to thrive.

You took steps away, sitting on the mossy forest floor with your back reclined against a fallen cedar. Watching his eyes widen more with every sight he took in silently. He looked genuinely happy and you took the opportunity to sneak as many photos as you could. He hadn't sat at your side until the sun had dropped by two hours, humbled and fumbling over words.

You pestered him around Christmas time. Constantly asking him what he wanted, because 'I don't want anything' was not an acceptable answer. He really didn't want anything. You really didn't care, already having something up your sleeve, you knew it wouldn't hurt to ask just in case he didn't like your first gift for him. Nevermind that you both agreed to one gift, and this would be breaking that rule.

You poked at his side while he tried to focus during weight lifting, sat on his bathroom counter while he showered, put notes in strange places you knew he'd find. All while asking the same thing. It finally boiled down to

"Peach, you give me whatever you think I'll like and I promise I'll love it."

Even while you huffed and puffed over a workbench, the old man you'd made a friend sat across from you, you went on and on about the copious amount of things you could get if that was the case. He'd grown tired of your antics too. Snatching the little project from your hands to tell you you were doing something wrong. The light that illuminated the both of you, he turned towards him, darkening the side of his woodshop you sat on. You rebutted that you'd been doing exactly what he said.

"And how will you know for sure if you're focused on something else?" He asked while adjusting the magnifier clipped to his glasses. You huffed. "But I want to be sure-"

"What will you get him the afternoon of Christmas eve."

"Eh?" You pulled out your phone. No way time got away from me like that.

"And what would be better than this?" He dug around in a drawer beside him, finishing out a nice, long box to put the gift in before handing it over to you. "I don't know what would be better. I kinda committed to this with some underlying thoughts telling me not to. I'm on the fence about doing something so sentimental again."

"Why would you fear that?"

"Some people can be great and have shit tendencies. I like him and I want it to work, but I'm also trying to...not get too attached? But I want to get attached... I already am. I-"

"You want a contingency plan." He huffed.

"Yeah...I guess I do."

"Maybe you'll find a nice giftbag to put this in," the old man still held the box out for you to take. You were too hesitant, he pushed it into your open palm. "With some pretty tissue paper, maybe you'll have it wrapped expertly in a department store and we can gawk at how nice it looks on the outside. Maybe you won't, maybe you'll have a plan B."

Back home you reclined on your pillows, staring blankly at your television in the early evening. Maybe I should've had it wrapped. You hadn't even bagged in, unsure of how to properly present the thing to him, you hoped he would appreciate the simple approach.

You could hear the door open and shut slowly and a shuffling before feet dragging across the floor. That doesn't sound good. You said a soft 'Welcome home', well before Yagi had gotten near your door, knowing he'd hear you. He hummed in response and said he just needed a minute.

It was longer than a minute, more than sixty of them by the time he dragged himself into your room and to your bedside. "What are you watching?" Yagi asked, taking hold of Sir Stuffington, a little too tight for your liking, and setting him on the floor. "Just catching up on one of my dramas." You replied. He hummed again before getting in bed and tapping at your thigh repeatedly. "Hm? What is it?"

"Can I lie here?" He asked softly. "Lie here." You patted your collar bone. "I'm too heavy."

"You are not." You grabbed his arm and pulled him into you until his head rested on your chest and torso between your thighs. You took hold of the remote and muted the tv, turning on the subtitles. "Goodnight." You kissed his forehead, feeling him sigh and relax into you. Arms wrapping around you and the pillows to pull you closer.

By the time he woke it was dark and snow had begun to pile on the window seal. You'd started a new show, fingers haphazardly running through his hair, you imagined what these new characters sounded like.

Yagi's breathing adjusted as he woke up fully, you felt it against your chest. "Hey, big guy." You cooed, his greeting was quiet and muffled by your breast. You snorted, watching him adjust himself to speak clearly. "Goodmorning."

"No, it's still the same day."

His sigh was annoyed and drawn out. "What time is it?"

"Almost eleven." Your fingers stopped running through his strands to rub at his scalp. "Not feeling any better?"

"Hardly."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Not right now."

You nodded, opting to turn your attention back to the show. You sat in silence until the episode ended. All caught up. An ad for a movie to watch in the mean time popped up while the credits rolled. "I have something for you." You looked down at the nest of blonds that lay on your chest. "It's not Christmas yet."

"Yeah, but I think it'll help you feel better." You reached over to your nightstand and into its drawer. "It's less than an hour away." He breathed. "Don't care." You'd retrieved the box, brushing the cool metal trim against his nose. Yagi huffed, pushing himself up to sit in front of you and wiped the sleep from his eyes. You sat up fully too, holding the slim box out for him to take. "What's this?" He took it from you gently. "A gift." You answered simply. The blonde looked the thing over, peeking at you before opening it.

Your breath was caught in your throat, unable to read him while his eyes were fixed on what was in the box. "I-" He let out a shaky exhale, taking hold of and pulling out a wooden watch. "Th-thank you. It's gorgeous." He hadn't realized he dropped the box. "Where did you get this?" Brows raised and thumb feeling over the wood grain. "I made it." You nodded slowly.

"You what?"

"I made it." You smiled and scooted closer. "One of one." You rested your hand on his wrist and pointed. "It's got just as many links as you like, sapphire glass so it won't scratch too easily, and it's made from yakushima cedar." You hesitated on the last part. "I bubbled a chunk from a fallen log while we were there. I tried to get the face the right shade of green so-"

Yagi snatched you in, pressing you firmly against his chest. You tried to laugh, bringing your arms around his neck. "Thank you isn't enough." He held you close. "It's not."

"I'm glad you like it."

"I love it. I do, I love-" He paused, giving himself time to breathe you in before letting you go. You sat back, watching his thumb rub under both eyes. "I love it...This makes my gift look like shit." He laughed. "I'm sure it's great." You said confidently.

You were unsure if Yagi took that as a challenge, or if he was taking advantage of it finally being midnight, he launched himself from the bed and out of the room. When he returned he stood in your doorway. "I have something to tell you."

"And what would that be?" You asked. "I...I got you more than one thing." He confessed, you sighed. "Me too."

You didn't see what he held in his hands as he stepped into the room. Partly because it was behind his back and mostly because you'd swung half your body off the side of your bed. Digging underneath it until you found yet another box meant for him. When you came back up he was sitting where he had been before, manilla envelope in hand. You smiled again, exchanging gifts. 

Toshi motioned for you to go first, and you mouthed an 'alright' in agreement. Carefully, you undid the string that held the large envelope closed, opening it to see a small stack of papers. You took hold of them gently, sliding the stack out and reading it over slowly. Flipping through the pages, you bit at your lip and took the information in. "You...bought me land." You grinned. "You got me land?"

"For your house." He nodded. "I've already made every call, you just have to say when."

"Toshi..." you sniffed unwillingly. "Thank you-"

"This too." He pulled out a brightly colored box from behind him. "You got me a switch?!" Your potential tears didn't know whether to dry or fall. "I saw you looking at them on your phone. I wasn't sure about games, so I grabbed what I thought you would like."

"Dude!" I feel like a actual kid on Christmas. What the fuck.

"What's in here?" Toshi shook this new box you gave him.

"Open it and see."

He did. "These are nice." He pulled oxford shoes from the box. "Tailored just for you." You set the switch down. "The heels and outsoles are made from the same tree."

"You've spoiled me." Yagi shook his head, and turned the shoe over. "I love these, I love my watch."

"I love my gifts too, Toshi. I mean, land? You must like like me." You chuckled. "I like like you a lot. Let me get you something else." He leaned forward. 

"Mmmno. We both broke the 'one gift' rule."

"That's when I assumed you weren't making anything by hand." He kissed your forehead. "How long did this take you?"

"I started a little after we got back." You said, slicing through the seals of your console's box with your nail.

"Let's go somewhere new then. Where do you want to go?"

"We don't have to go anywhere, Yoshi. I love what you got me! I promise!"

"A destination, please."

"Anywhere with you."

"That won't fly. Tell me something..."

"Come with me when I go home." You answered. "Come meet my people, so that they can see who likes me so much he bought me land, and makes silly offers about sponsoring me through culinary school." You took hold of one of his hands in both of yours. "Will you do that for me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 117K 76
❝I'M ALWAYS TIRED, BUT NEVER OF YOU.❞ [various x reader] a lazy girl with a few missing brain cells is on the path to becom...
3.9K 167 10
.˚ ᵎ┊͙◟̆◞̆ " 𝖦𝖾𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄 𝗈𝗎𝗍! " *・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ Started: 02.09.21
84.2K 2.4K 46
When Y/N transfers to U.A during her 3rd year from the States she meets the infamous class and their teacher, Mr. Aizawa Studying along with her new...
4K 93 16
[Discontinued, may change later on in the future] 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐦�...