glitch | jack hughes

By hughesluvr1989

We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weeken... More

Introduction
Disclaimer
Playlist
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue
Epilogue media pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Epilogue media pt.2
thank you!

Chapter 12

7.4K 66 13
By hughesluvr1989

Josephine

The minute I woke up I made sure to text dad and Theo, letting them know I wasn't feeling well, and wouldn't be showing up today. Dad sent back a sweet message telling me to get better while Theo just called me. I hit the answer button and turn the call on speaker.

"Hey." He says softly. "Hi Ted," I say with a raspy morning voice. He doesn't say anything for a minute so I call out his name. "Theo?" He 'uhhs' into the phone before finally asking, "Am I why you didn't show up today?" My older sister heart breaks to think he's why I'm not feeling well.

"No Ted, I just feel a bit anxious and would be better off staying in and getting better," I explain to him. "Oh okay, will you let me know if you need anything?" I know I was upset with him yesterday but he can be the sweetest kid to exist it tears my heart apart. 

"Yeah I will, I love you." I remind him before hanging up and drinking a glass of water to soothe the sore throat I brought on myself. I throw on some comfy clothes and get back in bed. 

Around 4:00 Theo comes to my room and gets in bed with me telling me about his day. "Dad had a blast, he was smiling from ear to ear it was adorable." It makes me happy that even though dad isn't in the NHL anymore he still gets to participate in these things. 

"Jack asked about you." He says gently not trying to upset me just let me know. "Did he?" I ask. "Yeah, I told him you weren't feeling good, and he got worried. I told him to give you a day, and he agreed." He tells me, making me appreciative of my baby brother.

"Did he and dad talk at all?" I ask, nervous about the answer. He shakes his head, before ordering some room service for me. "No, they didn't get the chance, but you need to eat." He adds, knowing fully well after a panic attack my social anxiety skyrocket. 

 After a few cartoons and a meal, he kisses my head and says goodnight. "Call me if you need anything, Jos." He smiles and closes the door behind him. 

Tomorrow will be better. I promise myself in hopes I call pull myself out of bed tomorrow. 

When I wake up the next day the anxious feeling isn't completely gone, but it's settled. I get up from my bed, getting ready to take a shower, and feel like a brand new person. I comb my hair and get started on my makeup before putting on an outfit. 

Once I'm all dressed up I walk out to meet Theo in the hallway, he wraps an arm around my shoulders, asking how I'm feeling today, as we step onto the elevator. "Better," I answer and find Dad in the lobby, offering him a hug. 

"Glad you're feeling better hon," He smiles, walking us to the car that'll take us to the event. We make nice small talk on the way there, my anxiety bubbling at the thought of being around so many people. I'm going to need a drink. 

When we arrive, my dad is the first to step out, then us. I take a deep breath before putting on my best face. "Hold onto my arm, yeah?" Theo says, softly. I nod my head glad to have a brother that is so attentive to notice all the signs.

We walk the small carpet, stopping for a few photos while Dad stops for a few interviews. Theo and I hurry inside in hopes of keeping me calm. I pop my fingers and pull away from Theo to quickly find a bar to get at least one drink in me. 

He follows, taking a seat at one of the tables, while I get my drink. Once my drink gets handed to me I offer Theo a sip and down the rest. "Easy Lee," Nico says as he enters the room. I give him a look, causing him to raise his hands in surrender. "Good to see you, Theo." He gets my little brother a bro hug, before taking a seat with us.

While Theo and Nico make conversation I hear a rather loud group of boys walk past the room. I look to see where it's coming from and it's Jack and his friends. I try not to let my gaze linger or do a double take so I focus on the conversation in front of me. 

Nico turns to see what I was looking at and he sighs, "God those boys. Zegras is loud as shit and acts like a puppy that has just been let out of its kennel." Rubbing a hand over his forehead, making me smile. 

Throughout the day Jack and I made awfully awkward eye contact. I'd be staring at him and he'd finally look over making me snap my head in the opposite direction. Once I thought he'd no longer be looking, I'd look over and find his eyes on me. He'd chuckle just before I repeat the action of looking away.

I'm glad we're taking all of this slow and keeping this to ourselves but there's nothing I want more than a sweet kiss from him. 

After all of today's games, and press we just have a small formal event to go to signal the end of the All-Stars weekend. I decide to up my makeup a bit and put on another black dress. Black is usually the color I opt for since I find that I look best in it. 

I feel sexy, and unstoppable in black. 

This time I walk alone, my heels clicking against the hallway floor as I enter the elevator. I walk towards the car my dad arranged for us, and it takes me to yet another red-carpeted event. I step out a few of the men screaming my name trying to catch my attention. I turn to a few cameras letting them get a few good pictures of me.

When I catch a new car pulling in, I take it as my cue to walk away. I walk off, waving to a few people before a young woman with a microphone waves me over. I walk over to her, smiling as the camera starts recording. "Hi, I'm Josie." I hug her, as she introduces herself to me. She gives me a small run down of the interview before starting.

"We're here with Josephine Lee, daughter of retired Devil's star Reggie Lee. Josie, how does it feel to have grown up in the hockey industry?" Her voice shakes, poor girl she's probably nervous.

"Well, I'm really lucky to have grown up in a sport I truly love with all my heart. I mean I was very young when my dad was drafted to the Devils but the minute I was able to understand, How could I not fall in love with it." I smile, leading her to her next question

"Who are your current favorite Devils?" She smirks. At first, her question frightens me making me think she knows something but how could she? "I'd have to say our beloved captain, Nico Hischier. I mean how could we not love him? Dawson Mercer, man, that kid is on fire with his scoring streak and Dougie of course. He's fantastic." I give her my answer avoiding Jack's name at all times, which I know I'll get tormented for it later. 

"Okay, last question, kind of a silly one." She says "What is a must-have for one of your partying nights?" She says, wording it weirdly but I get what she means. "Tequila. One of my best friends, we've been through a lot together." I joke about tequila, making her laugh as well before hugging me and thanking me for my time. 

Just before I walk inside, I hear everyone yelling. Lots of high-pitched screams and some deep ones as well. I turn my head and catch the one and only Jack Hughes, in a blue suit and matching tie with a white button-up. From where I'm standing his hair is all in his face, making me want to push it off his forehead so the world can see him better.

But that's too much, so I continue walking inside, looking for my dad and Theo. I find them with a few of Dad's old friends, smiling as I walk up to them. "Josie, you've gotten so big I remember when you were just a little girl yelling at the boys that'd bump your dad on the ice." They laugh, making me blush at the small reminder of how I was a menace at four years old.

Dad's friends leave to go do something else, while Dad catches us up on his hectic day. He goes on and on about how even though it's stressful it's so worth it. "Today I got to talk to" I tune him out when I feel a callused hand run against mine. If it were anyone else I'd ignore it, but I know those hands too well. I snap my head in his direction, as he subtly smirks at me, making me spin my head back toward my dad. 

"Jack." My dad says, making me want to shit my pants. Fuck, did he see that? Jack turns his head to look at my dad, and he smiles brightly. Making those butterflies flutter up a storm in my belly. 

"It's so great to meet you, Reggie Lee." My dad introduces himself making me crave any kind of drink to make this easier on me. My dad turns to look at me, giving me a subtle 'introduce yourself' smile. "Josephine, nice to meet you." Jack smiles at me, shaking my hand and introducing himself like we had never met before. "Jack, nice to meet you." I smile as Theo does the same, introducing himself. 

My dad talks Jack's ear off about how amazing he is at the age of 21 and how he can only imagine the legacy he'll leave behind. "This is unbelievable coming from you sir, you are a true legend and the team as a whole could agree by saying we wish we had your skills." Jack flatters my dad. Theo hands me a drink behind Jack, I mouth out a "Thank you," 

"Jack please call me Reggie." My dad offers, making Jack smile. God his smile makes me need to look away to just catch my breath. They talk some more and my dad even gives us some time to talk about ourselves. Jack licks his lips, taking his bottom lip in between his teeth when I start talking. His eyes shift between my eyes and my lips making me nervous. 

After a while, a few of Jack's friends start calling out his name making him chuckle. "Well it was great to meet you, Jack, give me a call if you ever need anything." He says as they exchange numbers. I could puke. 

I walk away from the party, heading towards the restroom to catch my breath. I really need to get wasted or something. All this Jack talk is making me dizzy. I send Theo a quick text letting him know I'm going out to a bar.

Theo: Just please send me your location, and stay safe. I'll stay just so Dad isn't wondering where we both are.

Me: Thanks Ted, I love you. 

I catch a cab to take me to the nearest bar, and they take me to a sports bar called 'The Lucky Puck' I chuckle before stepping in and ordering a round of shots.

"Rough night?" The bartender asks, I nod my head. Downing every shot, as the bartender lets me play fun dancing music for me to dance to. "Thanks by the way I needed this." I giggle, and from the counter, he says "No problem, there's been nights where I needed just what I'm giving you, so I want to be able to offer what I was never given." He says giving me a deep response for a girl that's too many shots in. 

I head to the restroom to touch up my makeup, and when I get out there are more people here, but that doesn't bother me. I make friends with a redhead girl that was drinking alone and invite her to dance with me. I order another drink, twirling around with it in my hand.

Jack

A few minutes after talking to Josie's dad the guys and I form an escape plan to go to a sports bar and catch up. We find a bar called 'The Lucky Puck' making Trevor laugh hard enough we all decide it's the one we must go to. We take a cab there, squeezing in before tipping the driver a good amount of money. 

We order some food and a few drinks, just wanting to relax a bit before diving back into our hectic schedule where we never get to see each other. I look around the bar to see lots of jerseys hung up, and tons of chicks, ranging from blonde to brunette to a few gingers. More and more people coming in, mostly drunks guys, and a few girls

"Guys don't look now, but there's this chick dancing, and wow she's hot," Trevor says, making us all turn to look. "I said don't look now." He groans, rubbing his fingers over his eyes. Fuck, that's my girl. Well not my, my girl, but that's my girl. There's no way out of this, so I watch Trevor scoot out of the booth and walk up to her. 

I take a bite out of my food, to ease the tightness in my jaw. My eyes are locked on the two of them, and so are Cole's so at least we just look nosey and it's not me looking jealous. Trevor comes back in less than four minutes, allowing me to let out the breath I was holding.

"She's unavailable." He says keeping it short. Cole shakes his head and says, "What did she say though?" Trevor takes a sip of his beer and then says, "'No, I'm seeing someone, and he's really cute' is what she said." Trevor adds, making me smile just a bit as I throw back some beer. Josie has never called me cute, so forgive me for blushing. 

I keep a close but subtle eye on Josie as she dances with a few girls. She peels away from them to run to the restroom and this is when I move. "Gonna hit the head," I tell the guys as I scoot out of the booth but actually wait for Josie in the hallway between the men's and women's restrooms. 

The second that the girl that takes my breath away walks out I'm reaching for her hand to pull her close to me, so my hands can smooth their way to her waist. "Baby!" She exclaims, smiling really big while wrapping her arms around my neck, trailing her hands through my hair to give me a big kiss. 

"I didn't know you were here." She says softly while cuddling herself into my neck. Wow I love drunk Josephine, she's already pretty cuddly after sex but this is her letting loose. "Yeah baby, I'm with a few of my friends." I let her know, pushing her hair behind her ear so I can get a better look at her. 

"Wish you were here with me." She says, softly sucking on the skin beneath my ear. I toss my head back against the wall, making her giggle, pressing a soft kiss to where she just sucked on. She's truly fucking me over. Her giggle, her smile, every part of her is turning into something I'm growing rapidly fond of. 

"Well, I should go, before you're friends come looking for you, but when you're done here feel free to stop by." She says as she slides her room key into my front pocket.  I wrap my arms around her one more time, rubbing her back gently before I reach farther down and pat her butt like I did the other day. I smile into the kiss she presses onto my lips, when she pulls away she says, "Mkay, bye baby, I'll text you later."

She walks away from me, making me rub my entire face in awe of that woman. She's breathtaking. She called me baby twice and snuggled into me. I head back to my booth, sliding to where I left my food. I order another beer when Trevor says, "She's here." 

We all look at him like he's stupid, and Cole speaks up to say, "What are you on about this time, Zegras?" But Trevor smacks my arm and says, "Oh he knows." I shake my head in confusion trying to sweep whatever he just saw under the rug. "What?" I say but am cut off by Trevor grabbing my jaw and pushing it to the side. 

Fuck. I didn't check if she left a mark or not. "Jack, this is incriminating. A hickey and a lip print, risky." Alex says, sipping on his soda. They're all on my private Instagram account so of course, they all know about my mystery woman.

"So what if she is here?" I throw my hands up, rolling my eyes, knowing Josie left a minute ago while Trevor was examining my neck. Trevor's eyes bulge out of his head and start looking at everyone in the room. 

After a few minutes of searching and pointing out different women to me I say, "She left." causing them all to snap their heads to the door to see the redhead that was dancing with her walk out. "Not right now, she left when you guys were pointing out random chicks to me." They all groan and eat their food in frustration.

"Guys the minute she is okay with us being exclusive, I'll tell you, but until then we're all going to be patient." I let them know. 

Once we retreat to the hotel, I say goodnight to my boys and walk over to Josie's room. I swipe her card in, opening and locking the door once I'm in. She stirs in bed when I step inside, smiling up at me when she sees it's me. "Hey, baby." She drunkenly says, moving over so I can spoon her.

I take off everything but my briefs, settling in beside her, holding her to my chest. I like this, cuddling, with Josie. I really like her. I run my fingers through her hair, helping to soothe her back to sleep in my arms. I press a soft kiss to her forehead, cheek, and shoulder, really letting this sink in for me.

"Night Josie." I smile into her neck. 

"Sweet dreams, Rowdy." She chuckles, making me nuzzle my head farther into her neck. "Where'd you hear that from?" I ask her, as I let my stubble tickle her neck. "Your loud friend, the puppy dog. He tried asking me out today." She chuckles, talking about Trevor.

"Ahh, yeah I had to witness that. Did not like it, but don't ever stop calling me Rowdy, I like hearing it fall from your lips," I confess, making her turn her whole body towards me. 

"Okay, let's go to sleep, Rowdy." I smile big and kiss her head one more time, before I feel her legs intertwine with mine and her arms fly over my shoulder. 

I could really get used to this. 

A.N// Hi guys, a bit of a long chapter, I've had this idea sitting in my notes app for a while so I'm glad I've finally been able to write it out for you guys. You got a little bit of drunk Josie where she gets super lovey with Jack. Aren't they the cutest? Jack was definitely not expecting that. When I tell you this will be on his mind for a while!  Anyways I love you guys so much! Stay safe, and thanks for reading!                                                                                                          Love Lottie 💐💐💐💐💐

BTW this was how I imagined Josie this chapter:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 490 27
YOU'RE LOSING ME- LH43 IN WHICH- they were strangers then they became friends, they became lovers, they became strangers again. "𝙖𝙣𝙙 π™ž 𝙬𝙀π™ͺ𝙑𝙙...
117K 1.8K 46
sequel to Dessert β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ Jack Hughes x OC
223K 2.1K 47
When Taylor McTavish moved to Anaheim to live with her twin brother Mason she was prepared for sunny beaches and pretty sunsets. What she wasn't prep...
42.2K 1.2K 17
ivy and quinn, once inseparable teens hiding from their parents between their yards, now two young adults who haven't spoken in years.