Unrepentant | DOCTOR WHO [ON...

By theunstableoriginal

Unrepentant: (adj.) showing no regret for one's wrongdoings Or in which a 1,026-year-old Original vampire is... More

PROLOGUE
CAST
one | smith and jones
two | the shakespeare code
three | gridlock
four | daleks in manhattan
five | evolution of the daleks
six | the lazarus experiment
seven | 42
eight | human nature
nine | the family of blood
ten | blink
eleven | utopia
twelve | the sound of drums
thirteen | last of the time lords
fourteen | Christmas Special 2007: Voyage of the Damned
fifteen | partners in crime
sixteen | the fires of pompeii
seventeen | planet of the ood
eighteen | the sontaran stratagem
nineteen | the poison sky
twenty | the doctor's daughter
twenty one | the unicorn and the wasp
twenty two | silence in the library
twenty three | forest of the dead
twenty four | midnight
twenty five | turn left
twenty six | the stolen earth
twenty seven | journey's end
twenty eight | christmas special 2008: the next doctor
twenty nine | special 2009: planet of the dead
thirty | special 2009: the waters of mars
thirty one | christmas special 2009: the end of time part 1
thirty two | christmas special 2009: the end of time part 2
thirty three | victory of the daleks
thirty four | the time of angels
thirty five | flesh and stone
thirty six | the vampires of venice
thirty seven | amy's choice
thirty eight | the hungry earth
thirty nine | cold blood
forty | vincent and the doctor
forty one | the lodger
forty two | the pandorica opens
forty three | the big bang
forty four | the impossible astronaut
forty five | day of the moon
forty six | a good man goes to war
forty seven | let's kill hitler
forty eight | the god complex
forty nine | asylum of the daleks
fifty one | a town called mercy
fifty two | the power of three
fifty two | the angels take manhattan
fifty three | nightmare in silver
fifty four | the name of the doctor
fifty five | 50th anniversary special: the day of the doctor
info about the ocs

fifty | dinosaurs on a spaceship

122 7 4
By theunstableoriginal

EGYPT 1334 B.C.

With their eyebrows raised, their arms crossed over their chests and their backs leaned against a wall, Annabelle and Kai watched as Queen Nefertiti continued to walk after the Doctor, who said to her, "Bye, then. Lovely meeting you. Sorry about the mess!"

But instead of stepping back inside of the TARDIS, he was grabbed by Queen Nefertiti, who pulled him back out of the TARDIS and pressed the Doctor's back against it, to which the Doctor had only responded with a mere widening of his eyes as he said, "Whoa!"

As she took a step closer to him, Queen Nefertiti asked the Doctor, "You think I'd just let you leave without me, huh? After what we've just been through?"

The Doctor replied, "Yeah, but you've got the Egyptian people to rule, Queen Nefertiti, they'll need reassurance after that weapon-bearing giant alien locust attack we just stopped rather brilliantly..."

It was then that the sound of a clown horn honking could be heard, which allowed the Doctor to slip past Queen Nefertiti and take at least two steps away from her as he said, "Oh, dear! Sorry, I've got it set to Temporal News... Ooh, that's interesting."

As she moved to look at the Doctor's device, Queen Nefertiti asked him, "Oh, what is?"

The Doctor replied, "Nothing, not interesting, not at... Ooh-whoo! Never been there, excited!" As Queen Nefertiti grabbed onto him and started to push him back against the TARDIS, he yelled, "Bye-bye!"

And in response to seeing just how exactly Queen Nefertiti was handling the Doctor, the most that Annabelle and Kai did was simply glance at one another with smirks on both of their faces and their eyebrows still raised.

* * *

2367 A.D.

While the three of them stared at the screen that stood in front of them, the woman in uniform said, "Craft size, approximately ten million square kilometers."

With his arms crossed over his chest, the Doctor made his way over towards where the woman was standing as he said, "A ship the size of Canada coming at Earth very fast. Any signs of life?"

The woman told him, "We sent up a drone craft. It took these readings."

As he slightly bent over to look at the readings, the Doctor said, "Crikey Charlie! Look at that! Oh, I know somebody who'd love a look at that." As he moved away from the woman and where Queen Nefertiti was standing, he said, "And the Ponds, we mustn't forget the Ponds, Nefi."

As he put a part of his arm onto Queen Nefertiti's shoulder, he said, "Haven't seen them in ages. I'm riffing. People usually stop me when I'm riffing. Or carry on without me. That's also an option."

While Annabelle only snorted to herself in response to the Doctor's words, Queen Nefertiti asked the woman, "Can you communicate with this craft?"

Then the Doctor said to the woman, "Just like those two, this one is also with me." Then he turned to Queen Nefertiti and said to her, "Good question, Nefi."

After Queen Nefertiti and the Doctor had simply looked at one another, the woman told them, "No. No response on any channel, in any recognized language. If it comes within ten thousand kilometers of Earth, we send up missiles."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Oh, dear. I liked you before you said missiles. How long till the ships gets that close?"

The woman replied, "Six hours, nineteen minutes."

While the woman started to walk away from them, the Doctor said, "Right. Better get a shift on, then. Leave it with us. Come on then, you three. We're going to need help."

* * *

AFRICAN PLAINS 1902 A.D.

As he stared down at a man with Annabelle and Kai standing on either side of him, the Doctor said, "More stew."

In turn, the man asked him, "Where have you been, man? Seven months. You said you were popping out for some liquorice. I had two very disappointed dancers on my hands. Not that I couldn't manage."

While Annabelle had blankly stared at the man and Kai had simply snorted to himself, the Doctor told the man, "Riddell, listen. We found... well... something."

Then Riddell said to the Doctor, "No, no, no, no, no, no. I shan't fall for that again." After the Doctor had looked between Annabelle and Kai before he looked back at Riddell, Riddell asked him, "What is it?"

The Doctor replied, "I have no idea. Do you want to find out?"

The only response that the Doctor had received was a mere grin from Riddell, to which Annabelle and Kai had responded with a mere raise of their eyebrows.

* * *

After shaking a bulb just beside his ear, the man standing on the ladder said to Rory, "I think it's the fitting."

Rory replied, "Dad, it's not the fitting, it just needs a new bulb."

In turn, the man– now otherwise known as Rory's father– said to him, "You're wobbling the ladder."

Rory said to him, "I'm not."

Rory's father told him, "I don't want another loft incident."

Then Amy peaked her head around her side of the ladder and asked, "How is my side, Brian?"

Brian Williams replied, "Perfect, as ever, Amy."

With a slight nod of her head, Amy said to him, "Thank you, Brian."

While Amy turned to Rory and had simply smiled at him, Brian said to her, "I don't know what he said to you to make you marry him. But he's a lucky man."

After a whirring sound could be heard in the room, Rory said in a whisper with a shake of his head, "Not here, not now."

Then Brian turned to Rory and asked him, "You leave the back door open?"

Then Rory asked Amy, "What is he doing?"

With a mere turn of her head, Amy said, "I'm going to kill him."

It wasn't long afterwards that the inside of the TARDIS had started to appear around the three of them, which allowed the Doctor to ask Amy and Rory, "Hello, you weren't busy, were you?" After the TARDIS had landed inside of their home, he said, "Well, even if you were, it wasn't as interesting as this..."

While Amy and Rory simply stared at Annabelle, Kai, Riddell and Queen Nefertiti, the Doctor messed around with the controls as he said, "...probably is. Didn't want you to miss it. Now, just a quick hop."

It wasn't long after he'd said those words that a rumbling had occurred inside of the TARDIS.

And while Annabelle and Kai had simply stared at Brian Williams with their eyebrows raised and each of their heads slightly raised as well, the Doctor started to make his way out of the TARDIS as he said, "Everybody grab a torch."

And while the Doctor himself, Riddell, Queen Nefertiti, Annabelle and Kai had done just that before stepping out of the TARDIS, the most that Brian had done was drop the lightbulb that he was holding onto the floor of the TARDIS as he stared ahead of himself with wide eyes.

It wasn't long after Amy and Rory started to walk out of the TARDIS with Rory's father close behind them that the Doctor said from where he stood in front of a spiderweb, "Spiders. We don't normally get spiders in space."

As he stared at the outside of the TARDIS, Brian said, "What the..."

As soon as the door to the TARDIS had been closed, the Doctor yelled, "Don't move!" Then he pointed his flashlight at Brian and started to quickly walk over towards him as he asked, "Do you really think I'm that stupid, I wouldn't notice? How did you get aboard, hey? Transmat? Who sent you?"

With a mere clearing of his throat, Rory said, "Doctor... That's my dad."

As he repeatedly looked between Brian and Rory, the Doctor replied, "Well, frankly, that's outrageous."

In turn, Rory said to him, "What?"

The Doctor asked him, "You think you can just bring your dad along without asking? I'm not a taxi service, you know."

Rory replied, "You materialized around us!"

With a mere raise of his head, the Doctor said, "Oh. Well, that's fine then." As he turned to face Brian once more, he said, "My mistake. Hello, Brian. How are you? Nice to meet you. Welcome. Welcome."

As he turned his back on Brian and Rory, he said, "This is the gang. I've got a gang. Yes. Come on, then, everyone."

While the majority of them had started to walk after the Doctor, Amy moved over towards Rory and said to him, "Tell him something, quick."

While Amy started to also walk away from where they stood by the TARDIS, Rory said to her, "Yes. Thank you."

Then– after hearing the sound of Kai's chuckling and the sound of Annabelle only sighing to herself– Rory let out a sigh of his own before he turned to his father, who said to him, "I'm not entirely sure what's going on."

In turn, Rory said to him, "You know when Amy and I first got married and we went traveling..."

Then Brian said to him, "To Thailand."

Rory replied, "More the entirety of space and time. In that police box."

It wasn't long after a thudding was heard and Kai had let out yet another chuckle that Amy asked the Doctor, "Alright, where are we? What is that noise? And hello, ten months!"

The Doctor told her, "Orbiting. Well, I say orbiting. More like pre-crashing. On a spaceship. Don't know." Then he turned to Amy and went to wrap his arms around her as he said to her, "And hello, Pond. Ten months."

After he pulled away from her, he said, "Never really understand that phrase." Then he pointed the flashlight past Amy as he told her, "This is Nefi. This is Riddell. They're with me."

Amy replied, "With you? What, they're 'with' you? A-Are they the new us? Is that why we haven't seen you? Did you, Kai and Annabelle all have a little get together to choose who's going to be replacing me and Rory?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "No, they're just people. They're not Ponds. I thought we might need a gang. Not really had a gang before. It's new."

It was then that a whirring sound was heard, shortly before a beeping sound could also be heard.

Then Brian said to the Doctor, "It's coming down. What is it?"

The Doctor replied, "No idea."

Then an alarm blaring could be heard, shortly before the doors started to open and a bright and white light could be seen coming out of it.

It wasn't long afterwards that a growling sound could be heard that Brian said, "Not possible."

With only a mere shake of his head, the Doctor yelled, "Run!"

Then another roaring was heard, shortly before the majority of the group had run off.

The only ones that didn't run were Annabelle, Kai and the Doctor, who were each staring at what was inside of the closed room with different looks on each of their faces.

And while the three of them had only continued to stare at the two dinosaurs that were continuing to roar to themselves, Amy came to a halt and yelled, "Doctor!"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "I know. Dinosaurs, on a spaceship!"

And while the Doctor had started to laugh and Amy had started to pull him along with her, Kai simply moved himself and Annabelle out of the way of the approaching dinosaurs.

And while the two dinosaurs had pushed themselves against one another, Kai only blinked to himself before he said, "So, I'm really seeing two dinosaurs standing here."

In turn, Annabelle said to him, "Yes, you are."

Then Kai asked her, "So, uh, exactly how long have these things been dead for?"

Annabelle replied, "Long enough to know that they shouldn't even be here right now in this spaceship with us, and yet here they are."

Then Kai asked her, "We should be doing what that friend of yours said and run, right?"

The only response that he received from Annabelle was a simple 'mm-hmm'.

Then Kai asked her, "But we're not going to be running from these dinosaurs, are we?"

With a mere shake of her head, she said, "No, we most certainly are not going to be running from them."

In turn, Kai said, "Well, it's good to know that we're actually on the same side about something again."

The only response that he received from Annabelle was her simply raising her eyebrows at him before they watched the two dinosaurs continue to let out roars as they pushed themselves against one another and ran in the direction that the Doctor and the others had run off in.

* * *

With their heads tilted to the side and their eyebrows furrowed, Annabelle and Kai continued to stare in the direction in which the two dinosaurs had run off in, while also listening to the roaring of the very same dinosaurs, shortly before they both heard Queen Nefertiti yell, "In here!"

Then they heard the Doctor say, "Oh, dear. Ohhh!"

Then the sound of crashing footsteps and the dinosaurs still roaring to themselves could be heard, which got Annabelle and Kai to only share a look with each other before they sped in the direction of the two roaring dinosaurs.

And while they did that, they heard Riddell quietly say, "I can take one of them. Short blow up in the throat."

In turn, the Doctor said to him in a whisper, "Or not. We just found dinosaurs. In space! We need to preserve them."

Riddell replied, "And who's going to preserve us?"

Then one of the people that was with them had said, "Shh!"

It wasn't long after another thudding was heard that Rory asked, "Okay, so... how? And whose ship?"

The Doctor told him, "Well, there's so much to discover. Think how much wiser we'll be by the end of all this."

Then Brian said to the Doctor, "Sorry. Sorry. Are you saying dinosaurs are flying a spaceship?"

The Doctor replied, "Brian, please. That would be ridiculous. They're probably just passengers. Did I mention Missiles?"

In turn, Brian said, "Missiles?"

Then the Doctor said to Brian, "Didn't want to worry you. Anyway, six hours is a lifetime. Not literally a lifetime. That's what we're trying to avoid. And we're all really clever."

It was then that Amy asked, "And where exactly were the two of you, while we were running for our lives?"

In response to Amy's question, the Doctor, Brian and Rory each turned their heads to see that Amy was standing in front of Annabelle and Kai with her arms crossed over her chest.

And while Amy started to repeatedly look between Annabelle and Kai with narrowed eyes, Kai crossed his own arms over his chest as he asked Amy, "And what makes you think that we're gonna tell you just where the hell we were?" When Amy didn't respond and only continued to stare up at him with narrowed eyes, Kai took a step closer to her as he said, "You know, it's been a while since I last hurt you and– to me, anyway– it seems you've forgotten what happened the last time you talked like this when it comes to me. Maybe I should do what I've just been itching to do and remind you of just what kind of a person I am and why I'm not the type of person that you can just boss around. Hmm?"

With a quick turn of her head, Annabelle looked over at Kai as she said, "Kai."

As he continued to stare down at Amy with narrowed eyes and Rory hurriedly made his way over to where the three of them were standing, Kai said, "Annie."

Then Annabelle asked him, "What the hell did I say would happen the last time that you hurt Amelia?"

As he let out a bit of a chuckle, he said, "Oh, relax, Annie. I'm just kidding." After he started to smirk to himself when he saw the way that Rory and Amy were now staring at him, he said, "Besides, if I was gonna do something to either of your friends, I would've done it by now."

Then– after Kai had quickly walked past both Amy and Rory and over towards where the Doctor was standing with Brian– Rory asked Annabelle, "Are you absolutely certain that there's nothing you can do to keep him from hurting us like that?"

With a scoff and a mere raise of her eyebrows, Annabelle replied, "You're joking, right?" When Rory's eyebrows had only furrowed in response to her words, Annabelle told him, "Kai doesn't really listen to anyone but himself. And if he feels like doing something, I can't exactly be the person that he would actually listen to. And besides, if I was, I would have gotten him to stop calling me 'Annie' a long time ago."

While Rory had only sighed to himself in response to Annabelle's words and her evident inability to get Kai to stop bothering Amy, the Doctor only sighed to himself as he repeatedly looked between the married couple, the Original vampire and heretic before he turned his head and– with a point of his flashlight– said, "Ooh. Let's see what we can find out."

Then– in a whisper– Amy said to the others, "Come on."

It wasn't long after they'd entered another section to the spaceship that the Doctor had wiped away an entire cobweb with his hand before wiping it onto Brian's jacket, which got Annabelle to only raise her eyebrows with a sigh at the same time that Amy asked the Doctor, "How many dinosaurs do you think are on here?"

Instead of responding to Amy's question, the Doctor scanned the screen that he was standing in front of with his sonic screwdriver before he said, "Oh, well done, whoever you are. Looking for engines. Thank you, computer. Look at that. Different sections have different engines, but these look like the primary clusters."

Then he asked the screen, "Where are we now, computer? We need to get down to these engines."

It wasn't until the Doctor had pressed onto a part of the screen that the Doctor, Rory and Brian had all disappeared from the inside of the room, which got Queen Nefertiti to ask with a point of one of her fingers, "What happened?"

After turning her head to see that her husband, her father-in-law and her alien best friend were all gone, Amy said, "Oh, great."

Then Kai said, "Huh. Well, that happened."

In turn, Annabelle said to him, "That it did."

Then Kai asked her, "Does this sort of thing, like, happen a lot? You know, whenever that friend of yours just disappears like that?"

With a mere tilt of her head, Annabelle replied, "Well, if it helps, he did disappear in front of me once because of a Weeping Angel and then we all ended up trapped in 1969 for a little while."

With a shake of his head, Kai said to her, "I have no idea what the hell that even is."

With a sigh, Annabelle said to him, "Well, let's just hope that you never do find out what Weeping Angels are because the last thing that you need is to be taken back in time by those bloody things."

With a mere tilt of his own head, Kai said, "Right. And, uh, how exactly do they, uh, get someone sent back in time?"

The only response that he received from Annabelle was a sigh before she eventually took it upon herself to tell him everything that she knew about Weeping Angels from the six years that she'd spent traveling with the Doctor.

* * *

While the five of them walked through another part of the spaceship, Riddell said, "There are clearly more than just two of these creatures."

After Riddell had pulled out a canteen, Amy said to him, "Hey, put that away. I need you sober."

Riddell replied, "It's medicinal. And I don't take orders from females."

In turn, Queen Nefertiti said to him, "Then learn. Any man who speaks to me that way, I execute."

While Kai only tilted his head with a mere raise of his eyebrows, to which Annabelle had responded by elbowing him in his side, Riddell said to Queen Nefertiti, "You're very welcome to try."

After Queen Nefertiti had only glanced back at Riddell, Amy asked her, "Sorry, what was your name again?"

Queen Nefertiti told her, "Lady of the Two Lands, wife of the great King Amenhotep. Queen Nefertiti of Egypt."

As he went to take off his hat, Riddell said, "I'll be damned."

Then Amy said, "Oh, my God. Queen Nefertiti?" After Queen Nefertiti had only turned to look back at Amy, Amy told her, "I learned all about you at school. You're awesome. Big fan. High five."

After Queen Nefertiti had only stared at Amy's raised hand, Amy said, "Yeah, a bit behind on that. You're really famous."

It was then that Riddell said, "Shh! Listen."

It wasn't long afterwards that a low snarling sound could be heard, which got each of them to look down at the floor and see that they were standing in front of another dinosaur that just so happened to be lying on the floor with its eyes closed.

While the five of them continued to stare down at the sleeping dinosaur, Amy said in a whisper, "Okay. At a guess, T. rex. Not yet full size. We're in the middle of a dinosaur nest."

With furrowed eyebrows, Annabelle quietly asked them, "What the bloody hell is a T. rex?"

Just as Amy had turned her head to look over at Annabelle with furrowed eyebrows, Riddell said, "I propose a retreat." After a hissing was heard, Riddell turned to walk away from the path that he'd nearly taken as he said, "Perhaps forwards."

In turn, Amy said to him, "Agreed. Just don't wake the baby."

Then Riddell stretched one of his legs over the sleeping T. rex, only to stop when a cracking noise was heard, and the T. rex had let out a growling noise.

This alone had Amy and Queen Nefertiti come to an immediate halt, Riddell to stop all movements that he possibly could, and Annabelle and Kai to simply tilt their heads with a mere raise of their eyebrows before they walked away from the sleeping dinosaur with a simple shrug of their shoulders.

After the T. rex had eventually let out yet another growl, Riddell only breathed out before he swung his other leg over the sleeping dinosaur and quickly swung his arms around as he did just that.

Then– after pressing his other shoe onto the floor without falling– Riddell only grinned to himself with a chuckle and then proceeded to laugh to himself.

And while Annabelle and Kai quietly talked amongst themselves about just how Annabelle was going to make her siblings pay for not only refusing to tell her about Kol's second murder but also for their attempt to seeing that she was daggered prior to her and Kai being taken by a Dalek, Amy said, "Oh, my God." While the three of them slowly walked after Annabelle and Kai, Amy asked Riddell, "Who are you, anyway?"

Riddell replied, "John Riddell. Big game hunter in the African plains. I'm sure you've heard of me, too."

In turn, Amy said, "No."

Riddell said to her, "Well, you clearly have some alarming gaps in your education."

Amy said to him, "Or men who hunt defenseless creatures just don't impact on history. Face it, she's just way cooler than you."

After letting out a bit of a laugh, Queen Nefertiti asked Amy, "And you, Amy? Are you also a queen?"

After a couple seconds of silence, Amy said, "Yes. Yes, I am." Then– with a quick turn of her head– Amy quietly yelled, "Hey, you two!"

When Annabelle and Kai had immediately stopped walking and turned to look over at Amy, Amy yelled in a whisper, "This way!"

While Kai had only rolled his eyes with a sigh, the most that Annabelle did was raise her eyebrows with a bit of a smirk on her face before she sped towards Amy with a reluctant Kai Parker close behind her.

* * *

While the five of them walked through yet another part of the spaceship, Amy said, "Bit of weed killer wouldn't go amiss in here."

Then Riddell said, "Whoever was running this vessel left in a hurry."

In turn, Queen Nefertiti said, "Maybe a plague came and took them."

With yet another tilt of his head, Kai simply raised his eyebrows, to which Annabelle responded by elbowing him in the side once more.

While Kai simply turned his head to look over at Annabelle with his head tilted just a bit more to the side and his eyebrows still raised, Riddell said with a nod of his head, "No, there'd be corpses and bones."

With a mere turn of her head, Queen Nefertiti said to him, "Unless the animals ate them."

Then Amy said, "Whoa, Chuckle Brothers. Lighten up, would you?"

It was then that Amy had pressed a couple of buttons onto a keyboard, shortly before a whirring sound was heard and the lights in the room had started to turn on.

This alone resulted in Queen Nefertiti asking Amy, "How'd you know how to do that?"

Amy replied, "Well, I've spent enough time with the Doctor to know that whenever you enter somewhere new, press buttons."

While Amy bent down in front of the computer once more, Queen Nefertiti asked her, "What else have you learned from him?"

As she put a circular device down into place and went to push another button, Amy said to her, "Don't stop at button-pressing."

It was then that the screen had lit up, shortly before the voice of a man could be heard saying, "117 years."

With a nod of her head and a grin on her face, Amy said, "Data records."

While Annabelle and Kai bent down in front of the computer on either side of Amy and just in front of where Riddell and Queen Nefertiti stood, Riddell asked Amy, "Ship's owners?"

Amy replied, "Could be." After pressing a couple of more buttons, she said, "Come on, help us out."

It was then that a roaring noise could be heard, which got Riddell to turn at the noise and point his flashlight in the direction of it at the same time that Annabelle and Kai had turned their attention over towards the very same noise, while the voice said, "Whilst they sleep, I will continue to work, being careful to..."

Then Amy asked the computer, "How about a picture? Hmm? Come on. For me?" Then– after hitting a part of the computer– she said with a point of her finger, "Look!"

While Riddell turned his attention to the computer and Annabelle and Kai only kept their attention in the direction of the roaring that they'd heard earlier on, Queen Nefertiti leaned her face forward as she said, "Oh, it's beautiful!"

It was then that the face of a Silurian had appeared on the screen at the same time that the Silurian had said, "I can't tell how far we have come. Far enough to avoid the destructive impact forecast for our planet. Far enough for me to feel a profound sense of loss."

As he looked between Amy and the Silurian on the screen, Riddell asked her, "What is that?"

Amy said, "Silurian."

* * *

With furrowed eyebrows, Kai quietly asked Annabelle, "What's a Silurian?"

The only response that he received was Annabelle simply covering his mouth with one of her hands, while the Silurian on the screen said, "Of the fifty species loaded, only one has had any difficulty surviving. All the others are thriving, and we expect them to be able to repopulate."

Then Amy said, "We're on an ark. A Silurian ark."

With furrowed eyebrows, Riddell asked her, "Lizard-people herding dinosaurs onto a space ark? Absolute tommyrot."

With a wave of her hand, Queen Nefertiti said, "Only an idiot denies the evidence of their own eyes."

In turn, Riddell said to her, "Hey, Egyptian Queen or not, I shall put you across my knee and spank you."

While Annabelle had only rolled her eyes with a sigh, Amy said, "Oh, Lord."

Then Queen Nefertiti said to Riddell, "Try! And I'll snap your neck in a heartbeat."

With a mere turn of his head, Riddell said, "Hmm. Well, they certainly bred firecrackers in your time."

At the same time that Annabelle let out a sigh and said 'bloody hell', Amy said, "Oh, no, no, no. P-Please don't start flirting. I will not have flirting companions. And if you two do insist on flirting, then I will have to say that Kai would have to be my new favorite between the two of you."

While Kai only smirked to himself from behind the hand that Annabelle was still using to cover his mouth with, Queen Nefertiti told Riddell, "If the Doctor trusts Amy, so do I. Stop doubting her."

After Queen Nefertiti had turned her attention back towards the computer, Riddell said, "If this ship was built by..."

In turn, Amy said to him, "Silurians, yeah?"

Then Riddell asked her, "Yeah, where are they?"

After turning her attention off of the computer and over towards Riddell, Amy said to him, "Surprisingly good question." Then she turned her attention back over towards the computer and said to it, "Display life-signs for Homo reptilia."

When the computer only said 'no life signs detected', Amy asked, "Well, where have they gone?"

With a shake of her head, Queen Nefertiti told her, "Perhaps they found another world, left the ship."

Amy replied, "W-Well, why are the dinosaurs still on board? And why is the ship coming back to Earth? It doesn't make sense. What's changed between then and now?" Then she asked the computer, "Wait, computer? Show me the ship at launch with all life signals."

In response to her words, several small dots appeared on the screen, shortly before Amy said to it, "Now show me the ship today with all life signals." After the majority of the dots had disappeared and Annabelle had only tilted her head in response to the significant change in life signals as shown on the screen, Amy said, "Thousands less. But why? I mean..."

Then she said to the computer, "Show me both images, then and now, side by side."

While the computer proceeded to do just that, Riddell asked Amy, "What are you looking for?"

Amy said to him, "Okay, two images, spot the difference. What changed? What happened to the Silurians?"

With a point of her finger, Queen Nefertiti said, "The center."

Then Amy said, "Computer, zoom in to the center." After the computer had done just that and a red figure could be seen on it, she said, "Oh, no."

Riddell asked her, "What is it?"

Amy told him, "Another spacecraft." As she started to turn her back on the computer, she said, "This ship's been boarded before."

* * *

While Amy paced around the inside of the room that they were in, Annabelle and Kai heard Rory say on the other end of the phone, "Hello, missus."

Then Amy asked him, "Where are you?"

Rory replied, "Uh, still on board. Met some pterodactyls and some rusty robots that I'm going to melt down. What about you? Kai hasn't hurt you or anything, has he?" After Kai had only chuckled to himself in response to Rory's words, Rory asked her, "He's laughing right now, isn't he?"

In turn, Amy said to him, "It doesn't matter, alright? I'm fine. He's fine. Annabelle's fine. All of us are fine, but that's beside the point. Rory, this is a Silurian ship."

It wasn't long afterwards that both Annabelle and Kai heard an unfamiliar voice ask, "How did you get on board, Doctor?"

The Doctor said to the unknown man, "Oh, I never talk about myself with a gun pointed at me. Let's talk about you. Your cozy little craft, embedded in a vast old ship."

The man said to him, "You're very observant."

The Doctor said to him, "I'm a Sagittarius. Probably."

The man told him, "I'm transporting it to the Roxbourne Peninsula."

The Doctor replied, "Commerce colony? You're a trader."

In turn, the man said to him, "I search out opportunities for profit across the nine galaxies."

Then the Doctor said, "Ah, the purple light. That's what it was." After a beeping sound was heard, the Doctor said, "An IV system, identifying value, the database of everything across space and time allocated a market value. Argos for the universe. You were trying to find out how much I'm worth."

The man asked him, "Would you like to know?" Several seconds after the man had asked his question and Annabelle had clenched her jaw as she looked towards the floor of the room that she was in, Annabelle found herself calming down a bit when the man said, "You don't exist. It's never done that."

The Doctor replied, "That's me. Worthless. Unlike these creatures you have on board. Very valuable, given they're extinct."

Then a whirring sound, followed by a groaning was heard before the Doctor said, "Done. Sit up. Very slowly."

It was then that Rory said, "Doctor! Amy."

Then the Doctor said, "I need to take this." Then– after a couple of seconds– he said into the phone, "Amy."

Amy told him, "This is an ark, built by the Silurians. They were looking for another planet."

The Doctor asked her, "Where are they now?"

Amy replied, "Not on board. I mean, thousands of stasis pods, all empty."

Then the Doctor said to her, "I'll see you soon."

After pulling the phone away from her and ending the call, Amy shook her head with a sigh before she looked over at Annabelle and Kai, who were both staring at her with narrowed eyes.

Or rather, they were staring at her phone after hearing the conversation that the Doctor was having with the unknown man.

* * *

After opening up a compartment door, Riddell said, "Now, these are what we need. Dinosaur protection."

After Riddell had turned to look at the four of them with two guns in hand and a smirk on his face, Amy went to take a gun out of his hand as she said, "No weapons." After she was handed another part of the gun, Amy asked him, "Anesthetic? These are stun guns. You're almost clever."

In turn, Riddell said to her, "Enough to make a dinosaur take a nap. Even the Doctor couldn't object to that."

Then Queen Nefertiti asked Amy, "You and the Doctor, are you his queen?"

With a mere turn of her head, Amy replied, "No, no, I'm Rory's queen. Wife. Wife. I'm his wife. Please don't tell him I said I was his queen. I'll never hear the end of it."

Then Queen Nefertiti asked her, "And what of Annabelle? Is she his queen?"

With a scoff, Annabelle said, "Definitely not."

With a mere turn of her head, Queen Nefertiti asked Annabelle, "Then who are you the queen of? Are you Kai's queen?"

In response to her question, Annabelle and Kai only shared a look with each other before they started to laugh, which got Queen Nefertiti to look between them with furrowed eyebrows.

It wasn't long afterwards that Amy told Queen Nefertiti, "No, she isn't. They're just friends, that's all. Nothing more than that."

Then Queen Nefertiti turned to look back at Amy as she asked, "And the Doctor, does he have a queen?"

In turn, Amy asked her, "I thought you had a husband?"

Queen Nefertiti replied, "A male equivalent of a sleeping potion."

It was then that Riddell said to her, "You clearly need a man of action and excitement. One with a very large weapon."

When Queen Nefertiti only raised an eyebrow in response to his words, Riddell simply smirked to himself as the sound of his gun whirring could be heard before he started to walk away from the four of them.

While Annabelle and Kai had both simultaneously shook their heads with their noses scrunched up, Amy turned to Queen Nefertiti and said to her, "So, human sleeping potion or walking innuendo. Take your pick."

It wasn't long afterwards that a beeping sound was heard, shortly before they heard the voice of the Doctor say, "That's very bad indeed." After they had each turned to look over at the screen to see that the Doctor, Brian and Rory could all be seen on it, the Doctor said, "Completely unhelpful."

While Riddell started to make his way back over towards them, Rory asked the Doctor, "Doesn't this ship have any defense systems installed?"

Then the Doctor quickly ran over towards Rory as he yelled, "Good thinking, Rory!"

Then– upon reaching Rory– he grabbed the sides of his face and kissed him before he turned his attention to the screen.

And while Rory simply squeezed his eyes shut and scrunched his nose, the Doctor said, "Computer, show us weapons and defense systems. Oh. That was a waste of time, wasn't it? Getting my hopes up like that."

Then Rory asked him, "What ship doesn't have weapons?"

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Oh, the ancient species were always so full of hope."

Then Brian asked the Doctor, "What about the control deck? You said we should go to the control deck next."

As he made his way back over towards Brian, the Doctor replied, "It's too late. It won't make any difference."

As Rory started to walk over towards the Doctor, he said, "We could at least try."

With a quick turn of his head, the Doctor told him, "It won't work, Rory. The missiles are locked on."

Then Rory asked him, "So, what, we're just giving up?"

With a shake of his head, the Doctor replied, "I don't know." Then– after repeatedly looking between Brian and Rory– he said, "I don't know!"

It was then that the three of them looked over towards another part of the room, shortly before the same voice from before said to the Doctor, "You were telling the truth, Doctor. Earth has launched missiles. This vessel is too clumsy to outrun them, but I have my own ship."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "You won't get your precious cargo on board, though. Just be you and your metal tantrum machines."

Then one of the two machines standing behind the man had taken a step forward and yelled, "We do not have tantrums!"

While Annabelle and Kai had both snorted in response to the robot's words, the man with the cane in hand turned to the robot and yelled, "Shut up!" Then– after taking a couple of steps towards the Doctor– he said, "You're right, Doctor. I can't keep the dinosaurs and live myself. But I had the IV system scan the entire ship. And it found something even more valuable. Utterly unique. I don't know where you found it or how you got it here, but I want it."

The Doctor replied, "I don't know what you're talking about."

The man said to him, "Earth Queen Nefertiti of Egypt." While Riddell had taken a couple of more steps into the room, he said, "A face stamped across history. Give her to me and I'll let the rest of you live."

After several seconds of silence, the Doctor said to him, "No."

As he slightly turned his head to look away from the Doctor, the man asked him, "You think I won't punish those who get in my way? Whatever they're worth?"

After the man had hit his cane on the floor, one of the robots had taken a few steps forward and started to shoot at another dinosaur, shortly before a roaring could be heard, followed by a howling noise.

And while Riddell had taken another couple of steps forward as he took his hat back off of his head, the Doctor slowly walked towards the softly groaning dinosaur before he crouched down beside it and ran his hand across the front of its face.

Then– after lightly rubbing the side of his face with the very same hand– the Doctor let out a sigh and patted its face before he stood up and made his way back over towards where the man was standing with a mere clap of his hands as he said, "You must be very proud."

In turn, the man said to him, "Bring her to me or the robots will make their way through your corpses. Bring her now."

With a slight nod of his head, the Doctor said to him, "No."

It was then that Annabelle, Kai, Amy, Riddell and Queen Nefertiti had also appeared in the room, shortly before the Doctor asked Queen Nefertiti in a whisper, "What are you doing?"

Queen Nefertiti told him, "I demanded to be brought here."

As she started to walk towards the man that was holding a cane, the Doctor said to her, "No. o, no, no, no. No way."

Queen Nefertiti replied, "It isn't your choice, Doctor, it's mine."

The Doctor quietly said to her, "Listen to me. If you go with him, I can't guarantee your safety."

With a mere turn of her head, Queen Nefertiti told him, "You saved my people. I am in your debt."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "No. No debts. You don't owe me anything."

As she started to walk past him once more, Queen Nefertiti said to him, "Then I do it of my own will."

And in response to her walking past him, the Doctor yelled, "Nefi! Nefi!"

Then– with a cock of his gun– Riddell yelled, "No! Take her, I shoot you."

With a raise of one of her hands, Queen Nefertiti said to Riddell, "Put your weapon down. Let me make my choice."

Then the man said to Riddell, "Do it, boy."

After one of the robots had taken a couple of steps forward and Kai had only tilted his head at it with his eyes narrowed, Riddell had only lowered his gun with a sigh, shortly before the man looked over at Queen Nefertiti as he said, "My bounty increases. And what an extraordinary bounty you are."

When the man reached out a hand towards her, Queen Nefertiti pushed his hand aside as she said to him, "Never touch me."

In response to her words, the man raised his cane and used it to pin her up against a nearby wall before he said to her, "I like my possessions to have spirit. It means I can have fun breaking them." After pulling his cane away from her, he told her, "And I will break you in with immense pleasure."

Then he turned to the Doctor and said to him, "Thank you, Doctor." Then– with a slight turn of his head– he said, "Computer, take us back to my ship."

It wasn't long after the man, the two robots and Queen Nefertiti had disappeared in front of them that the sound of an alarm blaring could be heard, shortly before an automated voice could be heard saying, "Hostile targeting in process. Hostile targeting in process. Hostile targeting in process. Hostile targeting in process. Hostile targeting in process."

It was only then that the Doctor said, "Bingo."

Then Rory asked him, "What is it? Doctor?"

* * *

After the seven of them had appeared inside of another part of the spaceship, the Doctor said, "Okay. Control deck."

After the Doctor had pulled off a piece and proceeded to stare down into it, Rory asked him, "So, what's the plan?"

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Come on. The missiles are locked on to us. We can't outrun them. We have to save the dinosaurs and get Nefertiti back from Solomon. Isn't it obvious?"

Rory replied, "No, it's sort of the opposite of obvious."

As he looked back down into the opening, the Doctor told him, "Seventeen minutes before the missiles hit. We need to turn this ship around."

While the Doctor started to scan the inside of the opening with his sonic screwdriver, Rory said to him, "You said it was too late, that there-there wasn't any time."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Ah, yes, but I didn't have this plan then, did I? Riddell? Keep an eye out for dinosaurs."

As he started to walk out of the room with the gun in hand, Riddell said to him, "I was rather hoping you'd say that."

The Doctor told him, "No killing any." Then he said to Rory and Brian, "Rory, Brian, get rid of the cobwebs."

* * *

As he started to pace around the inside of the room, the Doctor said, "No, don't be like that. Really unhelpful."

Amy asked him, "What's the matter?"

The Doctor told her, "Parallel pilot compartments, bio-configured, needs two operators of the same gene chain. That's why Solomon couldn't change the ship's course, and neither can we." After Brian had simply raised his hand, the Doctor said, "What?"

With a nod of his head, Brian said to him, "We can." As he gestured between himself and Rory, he said, "Me and Rory. We must be the same gene thingy you just said."

After quickly making his way over towards Brian, the Doctor said to him, "Brian Pond, you are delicious."

In turn, Brian said to him, "I'm not a Pond."

The Doctor replied, "Of course you are. Sit down." While Annabelle only snorted to herself in response to the Doctor's words, the Doctor said to Brian and Rory, "Both of you. Lickety-split."

While Brian and Rory proceeded to sit down like the Doctor had told them to do, the Doctor said, "Ship does all the engineering. The controls are straightforward. Even a monkey could use them. Oh, look, they're going to." Then– after letting out a laugh as he looked between Amy, Kai and Annabelle– he looked between the five of them as he said, "Guys, come on. Comedy gold. Where's a Silurian audience when you need one? Anyway, two eyeline screens, velocity and trajectory. Steer away from the Earth. Try not to bump into the moon, otherwise the races who live there will be livid."

In turn, Brian said to him, "What?"

While Rory had simply shook his head and Kai started to chuckle to himself, the Doctor told them, "Primary control's in the arms of the chairs. Principle's the same as any vehicle. Eight minutes, forty-five seconds."

Then he pointed his sonic screwdriver at Rory, just before a light had shone down onto him and Brian.

Then the Doctor said to them, "Get us as far away as you can." Then he proceeded to stare back down into the same opening as before and said, "Right. Phase two sorted, now for phase one."

With a laugh, Amy started to make her way over towards the Doctor as she said to him, "No, phase two comes after phase one."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Humans, you're so linear. Shine a torch in here."

After the Doctor had stuck his arm down into the opening, Amy asked him, "What are you doing?"

The Doctor replied, "Mixing my messages." After pulling a cord out of the opening, he asked her, "How's the job?"

With a shake of her head, Amy asked him, "We're about to be hit by missiles and you're asking me that?"

The Doctor told her, "I work best when I'm multitasking. Keep talking." After pulling out another cord, he asked her, "How's the job?"

With a nod of her head, Amy said to him, "I... gave it up."

With a raise of his head, the Doctor said to her, "You gave the last one up."

Amy replied, "Yeah, well, I can't settle. Every night I'm listening out for that stupid TARDIS..."

With a nod of his head, the Doctor asked her, "Right, so it's my fault now, is it?"

In turn, Amy said to him, "I can't not wait for you. Even now. And they're getting longer, you know, the gaps between your visits."

The Doctor replied, "Are they?"

Then Amy told him, "I think you're weaning us off you."

As he reached for another thing in the opening, the Doctor said to her, "I'm not. I promise." Then he looked back at her and said to her, "I really promise. The others that I've traveled with in the past, they're not you, but you're more, you have lives, each other. I thought that's what we agreed."

Amy said to him, "I know. I-I just worry there'll come a time when you never turn up, that something will have happened to you and I'll still be waiting, never knowing."

As he took his arm out of the opening, the Doctor said to her, "No, come on, Pond." After kissing her forehead, he told her, "You'll be there till the end of me."

In turn, Amy said to him, "Or vice-versa."

After several seconds of silence between the two of them, the Doctor said, "Done."

It was then that Riddell ran back into the room and said, "Doctor, this is a two-man job." After Amy had picked up the other gun, he asked her, "What are you doing?"

With her eyebrows furrowed, Amy told him, "I'm easily worth two men." As she started to walk past him, she said, "You can help, too, if you like."

While Annabelle had simply snorted to herself in response to Amy's words and the look that Riddell had on his face as he stared after Amy, a beeping sound could be heard, shortly before the Doctor said, "A-ha!"

As she took a couple of steps back into the room, Amy asked, "Doctor, what are you going to do..."

Then, just like that, the Doctor had disappeared from the inside of the room– leaving only Amy, Annabelle, Kai, Rory and Brian to remain standing inside of it before Amy had also left the room to join Riddell.

Then Rory looked over at Annabelle and Kai and asked them, "Aren't you two going out with her?"

With a shake of her head, Annabelle said, "No, we're not. And if it comes down to it that the dinosaurs outside of this room manage to get past Amy and Riddell, then it will be up to me and Kai that those that remain of us get away from the missiles safely."

After only blinking to himself in response to her words, Rory pointed a finger at Annabelle as he said to her, "Okay, see, I can trust that you'll do just that." Then he pointed a finger at Kai as he asked, "But what about him? How do you know that he won't just leave us for dead?"

With a scoff, Kai replied, "Give me the benefit of the doubt here, Corey."

With his eyebrows furrowed, Rory said, "Um, it's Rory, not Corey."

In turn, Kai said to him, "Sure it is, Corey." When Rory had opened his mouth to say something more on the matter, Kai said, "Anyway, there was a time where I was the leader of the Gemini and Phoenix Covens."

With a mere turn of her head, Annabelle said, "Before you killed all of them at your sister's wedding and nearly had your own daughter killed in the process."

With a mere tilt of his head, Kai replied, "That's the key word here, Annie. Nearly. She's still alive." While Annabelle had only raised an eyebrow in response to her words, he said, "Anyway, what I'm trying to get at here is that I'm good at killing things, no matter who or what it is."

Then Rory asked him, "But, uh, didn't the Doctor say that he didn't want any more dinosaurs to be killed after what Solomon did?"

In turn, Kai started to point at his own face as he asked Rory, "What part of this face tells you that I even give a damn about what happens to something that's been dead longer than any of us have been alive? And also, why do you even care about what happens to them? Dinosaurs have been extinct for a long time. It's not like they can be dropped back off on Earth and everyone in Earth isn't just gonna act like they've never been killed off in the first place. I say, if they die, then they die. Won't bother me any. Besides, it's not like the Doctor's my friend, so why should I care about how he'll feel, if another one of those dinosaurs gets killed?"

Then Rory looked over at Annabelle, who simply raised her eyebrows at him, before Rory had let out a sigh and muttered 'why do I even bother trying' under his breath.

In response to the words that Rory had just muttered under his breath, Kai raised his own eyebrows and simply smirked to himself and looked rather proud of just how much he was annoying Rory at that exact moment.

Then there was Annabelle, who simply let out a sigh in response to the interaction between Kai and Rory but simply chose not to say or do anything more on the matter.

* * *

While the eight of them started to walk back towards the TARDIS, the Doctor said, "So, dinosaur drop-off time."

In turn, Rory said to him, "Actually, we think home for us."

With a slight nod of his head, the Doctor said, "Oh." Then he turned around to face them as he said to Amy and Rory, "Fine. Of course."

Then Amy told him, "Not forever. Just a couple of months."

With a slight turn of his head, the Doctor said, "Right, yes. I'm pretty busy, anyway. I've got my hands full with Annabelle and Kai as my companions– causing whatever sort of chaos wherever we go. And I've got to drop the others back."

As he stepped out from behind Amy and Rory, Brian said to him, "About that. Can I ask a favor? There's something I want to see."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Oh."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 673 7
𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐛𝐢𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬. �...
7.8K 237 13
Finally after ten miserable years he gets to be in the same room as his daughter without bringing about an apocalypse
962K 23.7K 55
𝐀 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭...
407K 8.7K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...