glitch | jack hughes

By hughesluvr1989

We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weeken... More

Introduction
Disclaimer
Playlist
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue
Epilogue media pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Epilogue media pt.2
thank you!

Chapter 10

7.8K 68 19
By hughesluvr1989

Josephine

I remained on the couch until my leg felt better to walk on, and since I had been laying for so long, the day I could finally stand on it I decided I needed to go out and be active. I put on some biker shorts, and a cropped workout tank, throwing my hair up into a ponytail. 

I shove my airpods in my ears and start my run through my neighborhood. I run out to this trail that leads to the city and head that way. The minute I step into the city I feel a sense of uncertainty and like going this way was a bad idea, but I can't run back now or they'd know where I live.

 I loop around the block and am hit with a few paparazzis. "Fuck." I curse under my breath, trying to not draw attention to myself and keep running. "Josephine Lee!" one of them yells, but I keep running. A few chase after me, but I lose them when I step inside of a gift shop. I buy a water bottle from a fridge they have in there, and walk out of the store to sit on the bench to sit for a bit. 

I sip my water and take deep breaths, trying to prepare myself for another long run. "Josephine?" A woman's voice says to my right. I turn my head and see four teenage girls standing close together with their phones out. "Hi." I say softly, but still out of breath. "Hi, we're huge fans." One of them says, making me press my hands to my heart. "That's so sweet, ugh I love meeting you guys." I say genuinely. 

Paparazzis are usually invasive and rude but my fans make me feel so safe and happy. We start some small talk by them telling me their names, then the shortest girl named Beck says, "When are we getting new music?" They all giggle.

"Actually soon, I'm working on a lot right now. I can't say this year but it's definitely on my radar." I answer, making them squeal. We seal our conversation with a few pictures, and then say our goodbyes, leading me to run back in the direction of my house. 

When I get home I toss my clothes into a dirty clothes hamper and get in the shower, pulling my hair out of the ponytail it was just in. Meeting those few girls in the city today kind of inspired me to write more, or at least put me in a musical state. 

But as I wash my hair and body not a single droplet of inspiration hits me. I try humming something out, but nothing. I rinse the shampoo from my hair and grow frustrated because I never get writer's block, music usually oozes out of me. 

After my shower I make some breakfast, and sit on my couch to watch a few episodes of 'Friends' and get to the episode where Monica and Chandler first hook up, but pause when I hear my ringtone for my messages go off. I grab my phone off the kitchen counter, refilling my water bottle, while unlocking my phone to see Jack texted me.

Jack: God Damn. and he follows that up with a picture of me and the girls I saw 

Me: Sweet girls, I met them during my run. 

Jack: You are many things, but if I think too much you might find me at your doorstep instead of on the rink. 

Me: Have a good practice Jack. 

I end the conversation to not distract him from practice, but as I slowly set my phone down I smile at the thought of him thinking I looked good. Not even thinking of how he found that picture. 

Jack

I blow a laugh through my nose as I read Josie's message. She really does look spectacular in the photos. I may have found some Josephine Lee update accounts on instagram and that's how I came across the lovely photos from after her run. 

I found some old concert videos, the video Nico posted on his instagram story, and a few things her younger brother Theo had posted. I was refreshing the page when I saw the pictures. She looks stunning, as sweaty as she was after her run I was at a loss for words.

You can tell from her smile in the picture she really enjoys meeting her fans. That fact alone was enough to have me pressing my lips together to suppress my smile. 

"Hughes! Quit grinning like a school girl and hit the ice, son!" Coach says, as I turn my phone off and shove it in my locker. I grab my stick and helmet, running to the ice. The minute the guys watch me skate onto the ice last Nico skates past me and says, "Lover girl making you late?" 

I shove him gently, making him laugh at how easy it was to make me blush at the implication. I push through practice trying to get the image of her toned stomach and perky boobs out of my mind. Her long legs, and No. No. This is not helping me focus. 

"Hughes! Where's your head at?" Haula yells at me, when I miss the puck completely. "Sorry." I call out, shaking my head from the overwhelming thoughts that all lead back to her. 

I had no intention of getting this caught up in Josephine, to be completely honest after I lost the puck that one game I just thought she'd be a good fuck. But after seeing her again the day after I knew I had to introduce myself. I knew I wanted more than a good hookup. 

What solidified that I wanted to be more intertwined with her than just in between her legs was her drunken night out. I found a shirtless, drunk Josie sitting at a table with french fries, cake, and a Dr. Pepper coloring a kids menu. I looked to the side and saw Nico already staring at me with raised eyebrows. He knew.

Now you might be asking how did those feelings stick after she ghosted me for a month, well watching her sing and play with her younger brother brought them back like a tsunami. I had tried getting over this silly crush during our 'time apart' but it was no use. 

Trust me, ask Nico and Dawson how many times I listened to Whiskey Glasses by Morgan Wallen during that month. It was horrific. I try not to think about that time, because it makes me feel so stupid for falling so hard so fast. Not even with my ex girlfriends did I feel this way, but I can't control how fast or how hard I fall. 

This girl will be the end of me, it's been determined by the New Jersey Devils' council. Which is just me, Nico, and Dawson. 

We get off the ice, Nico asking me to stay behind while the rest of the guys go in to the locker room. "You can't be doing that during games." He says with his hand on my back, patting it softly. 

"Yeah, I know. I literally just can't stop thinking about her." I confide in him with my glove to my face. Nico shakes his head and laughs, blinking to widen his eyes. "Never seen you like this Hughesy." He pretends to pinch my cheek through my helmet. 

I shove him off for the second time today and make my way to the locker room. "It's adorable!" He shouts from the middle of the ice. I run off, taking my glove off just to flip him off.

I check my phone making sure there are no new messages from Josie, to my disappointment there aren't any. I'm not surprised, Josie isn't the type of girl to chase, she attracts, and I'm very attracted. 

I take a quick shower and put on my regular clothes to leave the rink. "Bye Hughes, get your head in the game." My teammates joke with me, I smile and walk out, heading to my car for another boring day in my apartment. 

I wish Josie and I were in a different state in our 'relationship' where I could just ask her to hangout but she's not there yet. She turns into a timid little mouse when the connection between us turns to anything but sexual. 

It doesn't bother me, yet, but that's because I understand where she's coming from. If there's anything I can do it's be understanding. The last thing I want to do is drive her away by making her do stuff she isn't ready for. 

I get home and toss my keys on the counter, grabbing a banana on the way to my living room where I throw myself on the couch and turn on a show I saw Josie had been watching. I want to be able to talk to her about it so I decided to watch it. The show isn't bad it's about a girl that got cheated on so she moves in with three guys, but that Nick guy totally likes her. I'm calling it now. 

I try my hardest to pay attention to the tv show, but I keep eyeing my phone. I pause 'New Girl' and head to that update page that has all kinds of videos and pictures of Josie. I find the few videos from the day she drunkenly sang country music.

I didn't think I could ever be attracted to drunk girl karaoke but her singing "Baby, we'll remember what to do to drown out every distraction. It's time we made it happen." Her raspy voice giving the country singer a run for his money. I groan loudly and throw my head back against the couch cushions. 

I want to beg her to sing all of my favorite country songs just so I can hear her voice in this way all the time. I scroll through a few more videos, but the later it gets the more stupid I feel. 

"What am I becoming?" I say out loud. I turn my phone off and leave it on the couch as I get ready for bed. I won't check my phone for the rest of the night, this is becoming unhealthy and obsessive.

Although I left my phone in the living room, my brain doesn't let up. I close my eyes and see her face, or hear her voice. I'm truly done for, and I only met her two months ago. 

A.N// Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed Jack's pov in this chapter. He's so down bad for our Josie girl, and she has no clue. If you have any suggestions for what I could add in this book I'd be more than happy to hear them. Anyways next chapter is a fun one, so get ready!              Love, Lottie💐💐💐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 5.7K 64
๏ฝกยฐโœฉ | ห—หห‹ โ˜† หŽหŠห— | ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—ฟ "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" โ i love her but she won't forgive me โž โ i think she will โž q...
23.6K 1K 23
๐—›๐—ข๐—ช ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ ๐—š๐—˜๐—ง ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—š๐—œ๐—ฅ๐—Ÿ ! โœฟโŽฏโŽฏ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ six months of struggling with heartbreak lead to a startling realisation. ๐Ž๐‘ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰...
46.6K 868 22
"Can we, we keep, keep each other company?"
183K 2.5K 50
โ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ "๐˜ช ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ," ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๏ฟฝ...