Chosen // loki laufeyson

By katiethenovelist

As Lienna came of age for marriage, so did the princes she had long forgotten about. And then, in the dark of... More

Chosen
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Thirty Nine

27.8K 1K 993
By katiethenovelist

Chapter Thirty Nine

Lienna

Asgard was alive with feasting and parties. It seemed that the royalty controlled the festivities; if a wedding happened, everyome celebrated as if their own wedding happened as well. It was amazing yet terrifying how much power royalty held.

But for now, we were friends, celebrating as much as the commoners were. There was no difference between the three of us and the people in the streets, besides Loki and Thor's slight glow that labeled them as gods. No one would notice, however. Everyone seemed to be glowing with joy.

I overheard a young girl chattering to her friend, the words escaping from her mouth almost faster than I could think.

"I'm glad for them! She's beautiful, and he's finally settled down. Hopefully he doesn't end up lying to her or cheating or messing around here and there. Princess Lienna is almost too good for him, especially when it comes to looks."

I snorted with laughter, then covered my mouth quickly. I didn't want to be caught eavesdropping.

Unfortunately, both Thor and Loki noticed. "What is so funny?" Thor asked, laughing a bit at my incredibly unattractive snort.

I calmed myself down enough to speak. "I- I was listening to those girls talk about the wedding."

"And?" Loki asked, raising an eyebrow.

"And she said that Princess Lienna was far more attractive than Loki could get in a wife."

Loki's smirk fell into a scowl as Thor's hearty, loud laughs filled the the restaurant we were sitting in.

"I have to agree with them, Brother," Thor said, finally stifling his laughter.

"So do I," Loki replied. I could tell he was still alightly angered about the comment, and it was quite funny.

"If it's any consolation to your wounded soul, I find you very attractive," I said.

"You'd be the first," Thor said.

His brother gave him a cold glare, then smiled softly at me. "Well, we've eaten and we've been sitting here longer than I can possibly hold my attention for, what else can we do?"

I thought for a moment, then chuckled. "We could kill a man."

Loki's eyes brightened. "I like the sound of that," he purred. My stomach sank slightly at the thought of Loki killing someone, even though he was joking. I knew he had done it before, and had attempted it in my sake, but it still made me unnerved. I had lost a hand to his own temperament.

"Ah, Loki, we can't have you doing any more of that," Thor said, pulling me out of my uneasy thoughts and following Loki's joke. Loki shrugged. "Perhaps we could just take a stroll, it would be romantic."

Thor had no partner to be romantic with, but he was willing to allow us romance when it most certainly pained him to see it. I couldn't help but smile. He seemed older, more mature. We all were more mature, especially considering when I was first Chosen until now.

"We could ride horses to the BiFrost as well," Thor continued. "Heimdall, I'm sure, would appreciate the visit."

Loki nodded thoughtfully, staring at me. I can't believe you're my wife.

I blushed. I couldn't believe his thoughts were on me, even in his subconscience. He really was romantic, though he didn't often act the part.

We paid and left, after I insisted we tip generously. We had the power, why not use it? Besides that, Thor informed me that Loki had a reputation for being rude to restaurant owners, so I felt the need to slightly help with the problem.

The streets were loud with music and laughter, and for once in this forsaken winter, it didn't feel cold.

Loki rested his palm on the small of my back, guiding me past strange men, while Thor greeted the same men with a menacing glare. Even in disguise, the two were terrifying and attractive.

It was great.

After walking through the beautiful streets for what seemed like hours, we finally came upon the horse stables. We planned to get horses and ride out to the BiFrost and visit Heimdall, who couldn't make it to the wedding because of his duties. And, as always, rides on the bridge were beautiful and invigorating.

The horse wasn't quite like Midnight, but then again, this time I was riding behind Loki, with my arms wrapped around his torso.

Somewhere along the way, the brothers decided to race.

"Just like when we were young!" Thor yelled, pushing past us.

Loki laughed, urging our horse to move faster.

"Not so fast, brother!" Loki called back, dashing past him. Loki had his ways with horses. I held on even tighter, laughing hard.

It was amazing to see them getting along so well, without Frigga or me to tell them to. They were brothers not by blood, but by choice, and that seemed to be better than anything they could have chosen.

We arrived at the BiFrost quickly, thanks to the wild race. I was always in awe of its vaulted ceiling and the view of everything I could imagine, as well as Heimdall's wise company.

"Congratulations," was the first thing to spill from Heimdall's lips. He gave a distant smile.

"Thank you, Heimdall," I replied, returning the smile. "I thought it would be nice to visit you, seeing as you couldn't make it to the wedding and I enjoy your company." Loki nodded his greeting.

Heimdall laughed. "Thank you, Princess. You give me more thought than most of the BiFrost users. It's much appreciated."

"As are you, Heimdall. My appreciation for you knows no bounds," Thor said, bowing.

"Kind words go far, Odinson. As do my visions for you."

Thor's expression was serious and concerned. I could nearly feel him tense up from where I stood.

"Oh, it's nothing bad," Heimdall continued. "Considering your feelings right now, this is considerably wonderful."

Thor's brows knit together, but his expression remained neutral. Loki squeezed my hand.

My hope is for the best, his thought read.

Mine too, I replied, hopefully Heimdall does not speak in metaphors.

"Trust me, Princess, this is not a matter I would restrict from you."

I quietly sighed in relief.

"In fact," Heimdall said, looking at the stars, "this matter is about to be resolved. Thor, I have gone to great lengths for you, seeing as your last romance ended quite bitterly. I promise you, you have earned what you have been praying to the gods for."

Thor's blue eyes lit up, and he relaxed. It seemed as if he was about to cry.

"Mind you, she is bound to be a bit confused when she arrives, but her knowledge will come in due time, as all things do."

"In the name of Odin," I whispered, overjoyed and shocked and overwhelmed all together. Loki chuckled quietly at my exclamation.

"See, Brother," Loki said, grinning, "all is fair in love and living."

Thor grinned.

"What's that all about?" I whispered to Loki.

"A bit of childhood bonding and a wild memory," Loki responded, kissing my cheek.

Heimdall smiled. "She's ready." He looked at Thor. "Are you?"

"Only you would know," Thor said.

Heimdall lifted his sword and slammed it down. In the blink of an eye, lights flashed and magic pulsed through the air. Loki wrapped his arm around me, rubbing small circles on my back.

Heimdall and I discussed this for weeks, making sure the timing was perfect. Is this okay with you? Loki asked silently.

I'm just glad he has someone now. He deserves it. I thought in reply. Loki always managed to do things without me knowing. I was grateful that at least this time it wasn't violent or evil, like most other times. That was an aspect I would have to live with, considering the fact that we were married.

There she was. She had long brown hair and a beautiful face. She didn't even seem phased by the journey she just finished, just amazed by the BiFrost and it's functions.

She spun around to me. "Did you see tha- Oh, I am not in the lab anymore."

I laughed. "No, my dear, you are not. Welcome to Asgard."

She studied me for a moment, pondering my words. "So the crazy readings... The energy pulse somehow managed to transport me here? Into space?"

"If I understood any of that besides space and transportation, I'd have to say yes." She was fascinating and lively, and not some sort of temptress or, in a crude sense, a prostitute, like the other women who found attraction to Thor.

She smiled. "Amazing."

"Jane Foster," Heimdall addressed her. She turned to face him. "Follow Prince Thor and I, and we shall explain to you your purpose in Asgard. Princess Lienna and Prince Loki, you are excused to enjoy your remainder of the night. We shall see each other again."

Loki nodded his gratitude, and I waved to the three left in the BiFrost. Loki pulled me close to his chest as golden light shimmered over us. Then, we found ourselves in Loki's room.

"I don't quite believe in the 'Happily Ever After' cliché, but I truly do think this evening will have a happy ending," Loki purred, kissing my cheek.

I laughed. "I'm sure it will."

××××××

-

-

-

-

-

Okay I love this chapter idk I mean Thor got his lady!!! And Loki and Lienna... you can guess the rest ;)

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Lots of love to you,

katiethenovelist

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.6K 2.3K 17
In a universe where Asgard didn't take the casket from Jotunheim, Thor and Loki have come of age as friends, but when their fathers find whom they ar...
353K 11.1K 16
Having lost her sight during the New York attack, a young girl deals with living in a big city. Returning home one evening, she bumps into a stranger...
70.5K 2.6K 33
Ever since you were born, your fate has been decided for you. As a child, you were hidden away by your father, Odin, destined to be married off in a...
234K 6.9K 26
Loki's mischievous ambitions started to grow to strong for Odin's comfort. To tie Loki down and keep him from wreaking havoc, he arranged a marriage...