Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Lienna

Being harshly kissed is no woman's definition of a preferred wake up call. Especially not when the sun had just barely risen. And, of course, I couldn't forget the fact that Thor was breaking my ribcage as he laid on top of me.

"Thor! Please!" I cried, gasping for air. "I can't- breathe!"

"Oh! Sorry, Lady Lienna!" Thor rolled off of me. To say I was slightly annoyed was an understatement. It was early. And he was not who I wanted to see.

"What on Asgard could you posssibly need?" I complained.

Thor grinned. "You and I are going on a picnic!"

I wrinkled my nose. "What about the others?"

"Alice is... gone. Sondra will be with Loki. And you and I, we'll be enjoying ourselves on this picnic!" Thor announced. Alice was gone? I thought for sure that she and Thor were going to last. Unfortunately, that meant that Sondra was going to be working as hard as ever.

Thor left to prepare for the picnic, so I got dressed. I left my hair down without any circlets or tiaras. I was not a princess. I did not have to dress like one.

"Lienna," I heard Loki whisper. Apparently I was going to have to get used to him hiding in my room.

"Did you watch me dress again?" I groaned.

Loki smirked. "No."

I rolled my eyes. Then I walked toward him. "What do you need?"

"I needed to warn you about Sondra and I, as we are going to be spending the day together."

"Okay. What are you so worried about?"

"It's only a game." Then he disappeared. So that's how he did it. I would have to remember that.

Someone knocked at the door. It was obviously Thor by the way he pounded it. I yanked it open.

"Oh good, you're ready! You're not going to do your hair?" He frowned slightly. I shook my head, ruffling my hair. Thor shrugged. "Now come! The horses are waiting."

Thor lead me to the stables. My spirits rose. I could ride Midnight! I had already bonded with that horse, though it was one night.

My heart fell as Thor gestured to two chestnut stallions. They were beautiful, tall, and proud. Just like Thor. He helped me mount the horse, because it was too tall for me. I was slightly embarrassed; usually I could handle and mount any horse. Svendrel had me practice because he wanted Ander and I to leave our wedding on horses.

My heart fell even deeper. Ander. Did I even have feelings-

"Lienna! Look out!" Thor yanked the reigns to the side violently, then caught me as I began to fall from the saddle. He cradled me in his arms. My adrenaline was pumping

"What? What happened?" I asked as my heart rate went down.

"The saddle clasp snapped and started to slide off. You could've been trampled," Thor explained.

Now I was really embarrassed. "Thank you, Thor."

"It was no problem. Anything to keep you safe." He smiled at me sweetly. "We've arrived."

We were in a sunny, sweet-smelling valley. It was breathtaking; enormous mountains encircled the valley, and a river cut through it. Clouds covered the sun just enough.

Now I could definitely see the difference between the two brothers. Loki was dark and mysteriously beautiful. Thor was light and majestically beautiful.