Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Lienna

Wisteria visits me repeatedly, though I've only been bedridden for a day, and with her visits, my pain grows. I had been reduced to a whisper for the entire day.

When Wisteria wasn't nursing me, Loki laid next to me, telling me tales of his childhood. He brought me medicines and cools me when feverish feelings return. For not being able to move much, it wasn't that bad.

"Thor is preparing to propose to Ria," Loki informed me.

I smiled.

"He had me help him pick out a ring earlier. It was interesting to see how eager he was to do it."

"Now the question is when are you going to propose to me?" I whisper.

He blushed. "I- I don't want to rush anything, but I can look into it. I didn't know you wanted to get married."

I laughed silently as his embarrassment. "I'll be alright for the time being."

"I'm sorry, I really am, but I've never..."

"Never what?"

"I haven't ever loved someone. My heart has never sped up when I saw someone's smile, I've never blushed at someone's words, never felt awful when I hurt someone's feelings."

I frowned ever so slightly, an unnoticeable action. Somehow, I knew Loki felt my concern.

"I also... um, I- never get tongue tied. What I am trying to tell you is that you are the only person that has actually caught my heart. The only person that I can let my guard down around. I act like a charmer around everyone and have a way with words, yet I don't care for most people," he stopped and looked at me. His expression was sweet as he examined my face and peered into my eyes. "But Lienna, you make my heart pound, my tongue tied, my cheeks blush, my mind spin. You make me happy. You make me care."

"I'm sorry I haven't proposed, but just know that I haven't because I wanted to really know what love was." Loki cupped my face in his hands. "Now I do."

His lips met mine. I could feel the cold spreading across my skin. The cooling sensation washed away the feeling of ailment and everything felt real, as if this was how life was meant to be.

I loved it.

I loved him.

××××××