VegasPete : Chess Room (The W...

By Alanaavatar

This fanfic is a sequel to the fanfic The Way You Taste. Vegas and Pete must enter a secret meeting called 'C... More

1 - DΓ©jΓ  vu
2 - Swarm of bees
3 - Unexpected
4 - At last...or almost
5 - Heavenly Devilish Blend [NC18+]
6 - Surprise Box
7 - Room 1004 [NC18+]
8 - White King
9 - Save your ass
10 - Seeding doubt
11 - Hide and seek [NC18+]
12 - Watermark
13 - Phong
14 - An unexpected visit
15 - Old Love
16 - A price tag
17 - Before the storm [NC 18+]
18 - From ashes, from broken pieces.
19 - My boyfriend
20 - Pernicious doubt - part 1
21 - Pernicious doubt - part 2
22 - Pernicious doubt - part 3
23 - Truths among lies
24 - Salty tears [NC18+]
25 - One step ahead
26 - Dead end
27 - Three moves
28 - Two brothers, one goal
29 - Family orders
30 - KARMA
31 - Taipei
32 - Tiny drop
33 - Andy's Night Club
34 - New piece of the puzzle
35 - Take a shower
36 - Profaning the holy [NC 18+]
37 - Take a move
38 - Stupid girl
39 - Wednesday
40 - Smart moves
41 - Holy love
42 - Special Room [NC18+]
43 - Dangerous [NC18+]
44 - Breeding you [NC18+]
45 - Cramp [NC 18+]
46 - White Bishop
47 - Why?
48 - The Chess Room
49 - The Queen Position
51 - High Bids
52 - Irreversible withdrawal
53 - The Devil inside
54 - Remember me [NC 18+]
55 - Betrayal
56 - Chumphon Island
57 - You brought death
58 - Louder than bombs
59 - Fenghuang (The Phoenix)
60 - The White Clan
Warning: ArmMacau side story
61 - Declaring war
62 - I bring the pain like...
63 - Burning desire [NC18+]
64 - Once you're mine, there's no going back [NC18+]
65 - Old belt and wild sex [NC18+]
66 - Cheating [NC18+]
67 - The necklace [NC18+]
68 - For the one I love - part 1
69 - For the one I love - part 2
70 - For the one I love - final part
71 - Protect your children
72 - Black Dragon - White Phoenix [The End]
Side Story - Chapter 1 - Afternoon Tea
Side Story - Chapter 2 - Pete
Side Story - Chapter 3 - My best friend
Side Story - Chapter 4 - Let's go out on a date
Side Story Chapter 5 - On a date
Side Story - Chapter 6 - Temptation
Side Story - Chapter 7 - Jealousy
Side Story - Chapter 8 - Morning Sex
Author's Note
Side Story - Chapter 9 - Red Queen Revealed [The End]
Biu's Infinity series!!

50 - The Auction

2.2K 130 50
By Alanaavatar

Vegas' POV

"I'm still confused...what are we going to do, Vegas?!Are you going to tell them?!"

"If I do, they will probably seek for revenge on me. If I don't, I will carry this burden for life."

"You are not alone. We are in this together...I will be hated too."

It's not common to see Tankhun looking at me with eyes of complicity.

"Wang knows it already. Out of some respect or gratitude to my father, he just need validation to do what he already plans to do."

"What does he plan to do?"

"Destroy us all."

"Bastard! How about Pete?! I don't think he will blame anyone."

"He won't. But telling him will light my burden?!"

"No...but we can't change the past."

"Your father was The Black King. My father was The Red Queen. Those are the correct positions. I don't know why, but they exchanged keys one night before my father came to Taipei to talk to Lian Wang. Then your father killed my father.

"Don't say such a thing...anyway....those deals were done by The Red Queen."

"The Red Queen was ordered to kill Lian's parents in the name of the White Council...Wang's own clan. But I don't think this deal came directly from them to my father. You know orders always came from your father to my father to follow."

"Ok...I got it...so Lian Wang is coming for both our heads. If you are the real Red Queen, you will have to protect me, Vegas."

"We can't change our parent's actions. But we are not them." Your father is still alive. Wang will kill him first, don't worry...you will have time to run."

"Damn...I have to warn him."

Killing Uncle Korn is certainly the only wish I can happily share with Lian Wang.

"In my case ...besides dealing with Wang, I made a promise that I'm willing to keep. No secrets to Pete."

"Those you are willing to tell, you mean."

Tankhun's eyes makes me wonder if he knows about Porsche and me. But I will not be imprudent about it. There's too much to risk.

"...Anyway...the last thing my father did before being killed was to order Pete's death."

"I don't think my father gave that order to yours. The day you all attacked us, Pete was already back to Main Family. Why would my Father order to kill a valueable bodyguard that put his life in danger to follow my stupid brother Kinn orders. It was uncle Kan that traded assassination order with Sanya to eliminate our best bodyguard. Remember, Pete messed with your plans, after all.

"Could be..."

 "Uncle Kan didn't know about you two...I guess..."

"No...he died not knowing about my feelings for Pete...not even that Pete was in the house for a month."

"But maybe someone told him Pete was your prisoner...but who?!"

"Nop...probably"

"I thought he was loyal to you."

"They all were loyal to my father first."

"What if Nop told him about you and Pete...falling in love...Vegas..."

"What's your theory now?!"

"...Maybe your father wanted to end this "love" for good."

"Those two theories sound resoanable"

"Really?!Are you agreeing with me, Vegas?!"

"You don't have to be so excited about it though. There is a flaw."

"Damn...what flaw?!"

"Pete's assassination order was drafted before the confrontation between our families. And I agree it's plausible my father commissioned that one. However, it was effectively traded after his death, when this red queen key was already with your father, Tankhun. And recently it was traded again to kill Peteat the Minor Family Mansion. Unless my Dad came from the World of Dead to do it, it means..."

"...my father executed the drafted order to have Pete killed..."

"Yes."

"But...why?!"

"Because Pete chose me, Tankhun."

"..."

"This is so obvious... nor you can deny it."

"But we are family now...if you don't do anything reckless and follow his orders and wishes, my father will let you both live in peace."

"Like prisoners you mean. We are already surrounded by your bodyguards."

"To protect you all."

"To watch and control us. Anyway...If you still want to hold onto this happy family crap, suit yourself. But you also know we were never a family...much less a happy one."

"...Why can't we be now?!"

"Because it's not how Theerapanyakul family system works!...besides..."

"Is there more?!"

"Don't forget that according to Lee, Pete is part of the white clan. Pete was chosen by Lian's Grandfather to be the second White Knight."

"So what?! Lian will order him to kill us?! Pete doesn't even remember them."

"That's not my concern. Don't focus on what Lian can do now. But why Pete was chosen when he was young...probably before he becomes your bodyguard."

"What do you mean?!"

"I mean that maybe Pete being inside your family was not providence, but part of a plan. Lian's father was his Grandparent's son. What if a revenge plan was conceived by Lian's grandfather...a revenge for the death of his son, who was the white king at that time. Lian's grandfather, Master Wang, returned to being the white king until he was able to pass on to his grandson not just the crown, but the plan for revenge. Maybe Pete was chosen to get inside the Theerapanyakul family as a tool for them to accomplish their revenge."

"Why Pete?"

" 'Cause he is from a family your father trusts... nonthreatening simple people from a distant Island that worships Uncle Korn as a real God. Who would suspect him?!"

"Fuck!"

"Perhaps Pete was driven to work his way up to be the Main Family First son head bodyguard without being aware of it. Something happened in between. Master Wang died...I don't know what gone wrong for their plans...until now. Anyway, this is my second reason."

"Second reason for what?!"

"For your father to kill Pete."

"...But...how do you know my father knows about Pete and this whole revenge thing?!"

"Don't forget Tankhun...you father knows how to play chess like anyone else."

"...Damn...I can't believe it..."

"He's been in this game a lot longer than any of us."

"What happens now?!"

"I don't know. Lian will seek for revenge. He used me to kill a member of the White Council...Master Chen. And he will kill White Counsil's orders executers...a.k.a Theerapanyakul Family."

"Can't we stop him?!"

"I don't know if I want to."

"What?!Are you crazy?!Don't forget he still wants to take Pete from us God knows why!!"

"I know...That's the only reason why I..."

"KNOCK, KNOCK" Right then Jade opens the door. "Sorry for interrupting you guys...I hope you got all your answers. But I don't think you'll want to miss the next event of the night."

Tankhun and I keep our chess keys and follow Jade into what appears to be a corridor with door to access some sort of theater boxes...inside the Chess Room building."

Wang and Lee passes by us. Lian whispers to me before entering his box.

"You got your answers."

"Yes..."

"So?!"

"You already know the answer. The Red Queen."

He smiles and glances at Takhun.

"I've promised to repay the favor to Khun Kan's son in the same extent of what his father might have done to me, haven't I? (1)

"You have. Be gentle."

"Enjoy the show." He smiles again, then he enters his box with assistant Lee.

"Creepy smile...was that a threat?!" Tankhun asks.

"A promise, Tahkhun."

"Damn."

We keep following Jade, making turns down the corridor.

"Finally. This is your box." Jade points to a door.

"Is this some kind of show?!" Tankhun asks.

"This is an Auction."

"That stupid Wang said show...well is this like antiques or jewelry Auction?!" Tankhuns asks excitedly. 

"We have those too, unique masterpieces traded in the dark market."

"Stolen masterpieces...that can't be shown anywhere else." I add.

"Yeap...that's right, Vegas. And only special members can participate in the Auction...Kings and Queens. Each in a sealed box. Most important orders are traded here...special weaponry, last generation new drugs, among other things. On that monitor you make the bids. You only have access to bank accounts. Some bring cash or gold too. In those cases, we must count first. Each member has a restricted transfer amount approved to use. This happens to give trading opportunities to everyone, otherwise only the biggest clans would take all the deals."

"Which is the amount?!" I ask

"Look in the screen"

"Oh God, that much?!" Tankhun widen his eyes.

"As I said...most relevant deals...they are priced accordingly. Be wise how you spend your money, gentlemen."

"I'm sure I'm not spending my money here."

"Don't be so sure, P'Khun... something irresistibly interesting always comes along that you'll be willing to pay for it."

Jades looks at me in a strange way...same as Wang said "Enjoy the Show".

It makes me unease.

"Macau and Pol are already coming. Oh! After Auction, you are all invited to dinner and stay for the night. See ya."

Macau and Pol enter the box.

"Oh, man...this place is awesome!" Macau speaks enthusiastically. "Have you seen the Casino-bar?!God...you should do renovations in our Casinos, bro. They have nice stuff here."

"Where's that annoying friend of yours, by the way?" Tankhun turns to me.

"Look" I point with my head to all boxes in front of us.

Boxes are protected with bullet proof glass, positioned to form a circle. This way we can see each other. Each box has a member of the Chess Room, but only Kings and Queens. There's a monitor outside each box to indicate the bid. Each monitor has a background color that indicates the clan.

In the middle of the theater there is a big round stage...about 4 meters below boxes

Kamol waves to us. He has his bodyguard with him. Sanya and Yin are next to his box.

I can see Tang Yi and Andy in another box.

Wang and Lee in their box in front of us.

Jade in another one.

Other Asian Mafia families are spread in other boxes...from Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar...

There's a box of two younger guys waving to us.

"Who are they?!" Takhun asks, puzzled."Why are thet waving their hands so excitedly to us?!"

"Oh! They are Mangkorn and Yai." Macau answers.

"Who?!"

"They are from important mafia Families from Macau." I reply to Tankhun then I turn to Macau. "Do you know them?!" I ask Macau.

"Mangkorn is cool...but that Yai shamelessly tried to harass Arm at De Light that night...I had to save Arm from him."

"Save Arm ?!God...what kind of bodyguard is he?!" I roll my eyes.

"Hey! Don't criticize my current head bodyguard, Vegas. And Pol...don't be next that bitch, you hear me?!"

"Right, Khun Noo. I won't, sir."

"I don't like Yai much, but actually they were nice to us in the Casino-bar...while we were waiting for you both. This is their first time in the Chess Room too."

Suddenly a light illuminates the tribune on stage.

A very competent MC starts the Auction.

Deals are commercially interesting...very exclusive. They give a good advantage to participating clans. Most of deals would be very beneficial for Minor Family...I wish Porsche was here to see this. We could get some deals to help us in our plans...but...

...something is off.

After important traditional mafia deals, stolen art and jewelry are presented.

"I'm so buying this one!"

"No!"

We had to contain Tankhun from spending money on every single stone auctioned.

"Please! Just one gem?! Those are unique! Come on Vegas! Let me reach that monitor."

"No! You won't spend a penny yet, Tankhun."

"Why?! This is my money, anyway!"

"I don't like this."

"What happened, bro?!" Macau asks me.

"Look. None of them are spending money on those amazing deals...Wang, Tang Yi, Jade...even Kamol...they are letting the other clans get all deals...which means..."

"...they are all penny-pinching?!" Tankhun says.

"No...something everybody wants will be auctioned last. Let's wait to see what it is."

"I hope it's really worth it! Because that necklace would cost at least twice as much on the legal market..."

"Be patient Tankhun. You might get a big fish."

"Not a fish, Khun Vegas" Pol interrupts us in a trembled voice. "Look!"

Three glass cages rise from the stage floor.

They are bound by handcuffs attached to the ceiling.

Also bound in their feet.

Blindfolded.

Naked bodies on display.

Like human slaves.

"Fuck..." Macau exclaims, astonished.

"What are they doing there, Vegas?!" Tankhun panics.

I feel a bitter taste in my mouth and a sharp pain in my stomach.

"They are being sold, Tankhun." I answer him, still trying to assimilate what was going on.

"WHAT?!"

"I told you to save your money...'cause we are going to need every single penny to get them back."

...

Author's note:

References:

(1) - Chapter 47: Lian says to Vegas:

"Sure..." Wang says with difficulty...his fucking smile never fades on his face. "I will repay the favor to Khun Kan's son in the same extent of what his father might have done to me...and to y..."

..........

Hello, guys!I'll try to write the next few chapters more often, but I might not always be able to because of my other responsabilities in real life. 

But I'm aware that because it's taking so long to update new chapters, maybe it's giving the impression that the story is dragging on, but in fact Vegas and Pete are just a few days in Taiwan and a lot of things happened there... I can't write everything in a few chapters.

But I understand that it might be getting boring. I know how it is because I read some Korean and Chinese novels that take ages to update... and I end up losing interest in waiting, until chapters pile up. But if the story is still boring, I apologize.I also hope it's a little clearer that all this time Vegas was keeping a close eye on all the goings-on.Vegas is observant and when he's not having his psychotic jealousy fits, he's very focused and watching the move of the pieces on the board. At least that's how I think when I'm writing about him. I just wanted to explain this, as it may not be something that's readily apparent when we're used to Vegas having huge reactions like in The Way You Taste fanfic.

He's more subtle. Sometimes to make the best decisions and best actions you have to stay away. 

Some good moves Vegas made:

1) Asked Arm to identify Lian Wang in a pic/video;

2) Trick Assistant Lee to come to Taipei with her and get information;

3) Bring Tankhun with him to use him in his benefit.

4) Got in contact with Arm in Taipei;

5) Located Lian Wang in Taipei;

6) Located Pete and Arm at De Light;

7) Got in touch with Kamol and Tang Yi to get information about White Clan 

8) Manipulated Master Chen for him not harm Pete and realized Pete and Arm was undercovered (that's why he left Macau at the bar with Arm)

9) Send Venice to the Island to be protected from Korn

10) Figured out chess keys were exchanged between him and Tankhun

11) Figured out Korn was still the black king, not his father.

12) Figured out Lian's intentions and maybe his Grandfather's plans.

I don't want him to look stupid at all. Sometimes I write to make a particular scene funnier...but stupidity is not what I wanted to express in the fanfic. I've already received this feedback on other occasions and if I haven't managed to make you see the way I see it, please let me know, I'll try to improve always. I really appreciate all the feedback. Every observation is valuable. Thank you very much!

Oh! about Venice...he is not forgotten...but I can't write about everything at once...so I had to sacrifice some parts of the story, but there's a moment for everything. Give me time, please. We will be talking about him very very soon" =)

And thank you so much if you still want to keep reading this fanfic.

Note for Biu's fans:

Please, follow Build Jakapan on:

- Twitter : @JakeB4ever

- IG: @ buildurluve

- IG Polly Pastel (his brand): @pollypastel_ There's a new collection already!

- Vote for him everyday please!! : https://www.starlightawards.asia/vote

- Vote for him everyday : https://netizensreport.com/vote-the-most-handsome-man-alive-2023-mhma/

GOOD NEWS: https://www.haloocean.com/ (BUILD WON 2 PLACE!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!! HE GOT 10 TUK TUKS for advertizing.)

Also, if you can, follow this FC on Twitter, please. It was created by some dear friends beyourluves. They are fully dedicated to promote and support Build!

@beyourluvesFC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 6.4K 58
Hi! I'm a huge fan of VegasPete. Plot: This is a story about Venice in high school. For a strange reason, he goes to meet Pete and Vegas when they we...
188K 5.2K 30
You are the world's greatest detective, even above L. Your abilities were only reserved if the world was to have another World War so, as a hobby, yo...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
117K 3.9K 31
-i totally hate you ❀️ -I totally hate you too ❀️ Taehyung gets a snap that's willing to change his course of life which includes playing mario kart...