Pride & Polyjuice (Professor...

By PrettyThin

"It's very hard to grow up in a perfect family when you're not perfect." More

Pride & Polyjuice (Professor Snape Story)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 -- Finale
Author Note:

Chapter 10

3.9K 123 12
By PrettyThin

My eyes glazed over as I stared at the book laid out in front of me. My head was resting on my hand, and I had to catch myself on several occasions from dropping my head on the table. The professor was perched at the front of the classroom ranting about inner eyes and tea leaves. I stifled a yawn and got up to leave.  Earning a surprised look from Professor what’s-her-name.

                “What is it, Dear? A premonition? An apparition? What did you see?” her voice was eccentric and sounded more like a child daydreaming rather than a teacher. “Is there something you wish to say?” her eyes were hidden behind her large spectacles.  

I felt the corner of my mouth twitch up in a smirk, “The stars are compelling me to go...” I mimicked her voice, including the drifting at the end of my sentence. She seemed curious as if expecting me to say more, but the few students who were still awake snickered. I shifted the books in my arms and wandered slowly between the archway.

“Until we meet again,” said Professor Trelawney faintly, “fair fortune be yours.”

I rolled my eyes and quickened to a normal pace. I had about twenty minutes to kill before the end of the class. I decided to take a walk.

                The sun was hidden, as always, behind a thick white blanket of clouds. I made my way down to the Black Lake; this time I had no intention of jumping into the dark icy water. I laid back on the damp grass and stared up at the clouds. The only sound came from the waves that drifted to the shore. My eyelids drooped with every passing second and it didn’t take more than a few minutes before I was completely asleep.

 A voice purred behind me, but I didn’t have to look at their face to know who it was. Father. A girl sat in front of me with a terrified look marking her face. She sat frozen eyes gawking behind me, it took me a second to realize who she was.

Crucio.” The voice purred again and I winced as the girl let out a blood curdling scream. She fell on her side and held her torso as if by making herself smaller the pain would stop. “Father Stop!” another voice called, this time a small girlish voice. i instantly recognized it as the younger me. The present time me stood in the middle of the scene with my mouth open but no words coming out.   

                My father lifted his finger telling me to be quiet. “You need to watch Allyson.” He spoke with a sickly sweet tone. The present me scrunched up my nose, the younger me sat with a terrified look.

“But father, she didn’t do anything, she didn’t see any-” the young me was cut off with a loud yell escaping my father’s mouth. “Quiet!” he roared, flicking his wand onto the younger me, sending the fragile body back several feet. I took a step forward but my legs locked. My father then turned to the girl again stood over her body, he looked down his nose at the nearly unconscious girl and sneered,

                “Avada Kedavra

He tilted his head to the side with a smirk plastered on his face, before turning to look at the younger me, who had her hands clasped over her mouth, eyes wide with fear. He walked towards her.

                I sat up quickly, panting as I took in my surroundings. I wasn’t in the dark chamber; I was outside, my eyes adjusted to my surroundings. I was by the Black Lake, the sun had set. I rubbed my eyes and wiped the beads of sweat from my forehead. Leaned my weight back on one arm and took deep breaths. It was only a dream. I told myself, getting to my feet moments later.

                I looked up at the castle and frowned, it was probably time for the dinner. I wiped the back of my robe before making my way up to the castle, fighting tears all the way.

                “Where the hell have you been?” my brother asked, standing as I came into view. I forced a smile and shrugged, “I took a nap.” He pursed his lips and sat back in his seat. I batted my eyelashes.

“Sorry, Draco.” he rolled his eyes, but I knew I was forgiven.

“Miss Malfoy, a word.” A voice spoke from behind me. I didn’t turn around, pretending I didn’t hear you. “It would be in your best interest to get. Up.” This time my brother nudged my foot from under the table. I sighed as rose to my feet and looked up innocently. “Yes, sir?” I spoke with a face as blank as a brick. He turned on his heel and walked forward, indicating me to follow. I looked up at the ceiling and dragged my feet after him.

                “It’s rude to walk away from a conversation,” I mocked behind him, I continued when he didn’t reply “Where are we even going?” I asked, noticing he was walking quickly, and not showing any signs of stopping.

He turned the corner a few steps before me, but I was almost instantly stopped as I crossed the corner. He stood too close to me, my back was pressed against the wall. Under any other circumstances this would be extremely inappropriate.

                “Boundaries.”  I said sharply, putting my hands up, about to shove him. however he grabbed both my hands in one movement and held them to my sides.                

“I do not care about you’re boundaries. I want you to listen very very closely.” His tone was deadly. I raised my eyebrows, masking the alarm sounding in my head.  He seemed to be waiting for a verbal response. “I am.” I couldn’t stop the attitude from crossing into my tone. His lips pursed as though he was going to reprimand me but changed his mind.

                His eyes were boring into mine, it felt like he was trying to stare down a hippogriff, I tried not to blink but failed and looked instead at my hands. I would definitely bruise.

                “Can you release me?” I asked, not returning his gaze. “Look at me.” he stated sharply. I chewed the inside of my cheek and stared at him. “Please?” I offered. His grasp seemed to tighten. “You really do not understand, do you.” it wasn’t a question.

"You might be laboring under the delusion that the entire wizarding world is impressed with you," Snape spoke quietly, "but I don't care who your father is. To me, Miss Malfoy, you are nothing but a little girl who considers rules to be beneath her." I felt a frown settle firmly on my face.

“With all due respect, sir,” I spat “I don’t give a damn what you have to say, and if you were only going to insult me then you should have saved us both the time and said it in the Great Hall.” if looks could kill I would be a pile of dust on the floor.

He growled under his breath, something that caught me off guard. This time I didn’t feel the need to look away. I continued, “Everyone needs to learn I can take care of myself, I don’t need your help, or their help.” If I was able to I would have crossed my arms. He regained his calm demeanor, though his eyes seemed to burn with something, “I hope you remember our agreement.” He pointed out dully.

“I hope you know you realize we’re going to keep going in circles. I don’t care. Tell him.” I spoke confidently, I seemed to have left the part of me that cared down by the lake. Snape seemed taken back at this information, but desperately clung to his emotionless face. He appeared to be looking of something contradicting my previous statement.

                “Go ahead.” I pushed, “write to daddy! It’ll only prove what a failure you are.” I snapped, instantly regretting it. His eyebrows rose as though he was more interested than insulted. My head felt crowded and I itched uncomfortably.

“Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily…weak people, in other words…they stand no chance in life.” His tone was relaxed, and as soon as he spoke my headache subsided.

                “My head is not a book!” I yelled bringing my foot up to his shin. He didn’t even flinch. “And my leg is not a ball, Miss Malfoy.” He smirked down at me, gaining control over the argument. I could barely feel the traitor tears slip down my face.

“Just leave me alone.” I said, though my voice cracked in my throat. As usual, he did the opposite. He brought his head down to my level, but I couldn’t bring myself to look into the coal black orbs. “Look at me.” his tone had a slight irritation in it, but something that seemed more remorseful. I compromised and instead focused on his chin.

He released my hands and stood up straight, he placed his hand on my shoulder as if he wasn’t sure what to do. He did not speak, I couldn’t find my voice. The silence was deafening. He removed his hand and turned on his heels and began walking back the way he came. I couldn’t help but notice the conflict that briefly flickered over his features. “Keep up Miss Malfoy.” He called once he noticed I wasn’t following. I wiped my eyes and sulked behind him back towards the Great Hall.

                When we returned, the feast had already begun, and judging by the amount left on most people’s plates, had begun a while ago. I made my way back to my seat and sat with a sour puff of air. “Well? What was that all about?” my brother asked, cocking an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes dramatically and picked up my goblet. “Snape’s just mad cause I slept through his class.” I replied half heartedly. I could tell he didn’t believe me, but he didn’t push the subject.

I noticed his staring at my plate and frowned. I quickly grabbed a roll from a basket and put it on my plate. “Don’t start.” I remarked and turned my attention to the staff table. Black eyes watched me like a hawk. I turned my attention back to my plate and plopped a scoop of potatoes on it, as well as a tiny sliver of meat and broccoli. The group surrounding me looked at each other oddly, like they really wanted to say something but couldn’t find the words. My brother smirked at cleared his throat, causing everyone else to jump back into their previous conversations. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

                Later after the meal the champions for the Tri-wizard tournament were announced. Viktor Krum from Durmstrang, some blonde girl from Beauxbatons, and Cederic Diggory from Hogwarts. Much to the dismay of my brother, the Potter kid was also chosen. It didn’t dawn on me until later that he wasn’t seventeen.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 422 20
Your the newest defense against the dark arts teacher can you break professor snape... Trigger warning self harm suicide touching and abuse Not my pi...
32.7K 959 25
Starting school at Hogwarts you, Hermione, Ron, and Harry stumble upon something's that point to a certain potions professor being up to no good. Fee...
8K 216 24
Draco and Harry got married 17 years ago and have 5 amazing kids follow them through there hard times, misfortunes, and other obstacles that are incl...
152K 2.5K 19
Draco Malfoy has never had a real friend in his life before - not even Crabbe or Goyle. Then he meets Catriona Goldstein, a pure-blood witch who come...