I should be your Beta, not yo...

By LeseMate

Kyran Crimson. The future Beta of his pack. However, his future was vague because he wasn't just a normal B... More

Introduction
Prologue - Defective
1 - Back
2 - Β»Those eyes...Β«
3 - Live or die?
4 - Kyran August Joffrey Yldiz Crimson
5 - Mental break-down
6 - Coffee
7 - Vision
8 - Swimming
9 - Training
10 - Kiss
11 - He is a hunter
12 - The Lycans
13 - Old friends
14 - Β»Don't you want to stay over?Β«
15 - Deja-vu
16 - Witch
17 - Lunch
18 - Fynniboy
19 - Stories over stories
20 - Gesture
21 - Achoo!
22 - A cold
23 - My Alpha
24 - Christmas party ends in a disaster
25 - Christmas presents on New Year's Eve
26 - Black eye
27 - Dreams and Teams
28 - Class picture
29 - Virgin
30 - Captain
31 - Studying with wolf
32 - Dispute
33 - Drunk
35 - Enzo
36 - Moat
37 - Alpha, Luna, Beta, Omega
38 - Movie
39 - Brothers
40 - Pet name
41 - Birthday
42 - Beta
43 - Morning afterwards
44 - News
45 - Elias
46 - Hanny
47 - Home
48 - The future is bullshit
49 - Rescue?
50 - Swap
51 - Calm before the storm
52 - Truth
53 - The time goes by
54 - Arrived
55 - Second act
56 - Vacation
57 - Austria
58 - Black Death
59 - Life
60 - Birth
61 - End
62 - Safe
Epilogue 1.0
Epilogue 2.0
Epilogue 3.0 Alternative ending
Side-Story: 1
Side-Story: 2
Side-Story: 3
Side-Story: 4
Side-Story: 5
Side-Story: 6
Side-Story: 7
Side-Story: 8
Side-Story: 9
Side-Story: 10
Side-Story: 11
Side-Story: 12
Side-Story: 13
Side-Story: 14
Side-Story: 15
Side-Story: 16
Side-Story: 17
Side-Story: 18
Afterword

34 - Hey, I'm Valentin and you, cutie?

269 9 0
By LeseMate

Together we got onto Ethan's scooter. Before that he took a look at his father and wrote him a short message and left a glass of water and an aspirin behind, with a bucket too if he needed to throw up.

I had no idea where he took me but after seeing the Spotlight on after some time driving, I knew where we were going. And because the sun slowly went down, life started to bloom at the bar.

»Do we have a performance I didn't know about?« I asked as we dismounted his scooter and went inside through the backdoor. Ethan had the special ID with him.

»No, don't worry,« he laughed. »I work from time to time as a DJ. I get paid and because Dad doesn't work as well as before I need to bring some money home.«

I nodded thoughtfully and then caught sight of a familiar group of four.

»Yoshi,« I chuckled and the dark-haired guy with the red tips turned to me and laughed.

»What're you doing here? Your group isn't on today's list,« he said and greeted me with a fist-against-fist.

»Och, let him be,« Hayden cut in. »I love having my darling here.«

Agreeing with that, the other two girls nodded.

»Ethan, you have a performance again?« Hayden asked charmingly and turned to my best friend.

»You can bet your bra on that,« Ethan answered boldly and grinned slyly. Laurel rolled her eyes with a smug grin on her lip and made signs in my direction.

»No, I don't perform with Ethan. I only need a distraction. The counter will be my location for this evening,« I answered her silent question.

Her shoulders twitched while she held her hand over her mouth and grimaced amused. She laughed in her own silent way and it made her look cute.

»Have fun with that,« Maive said and petted my shoulder.

»I will come to you later, if you didn't go home by then,« Hayden yelled before the four left.

»The counter won't be much of a help,« Ethan said suddenly and put his hand in the pockets of his jacket.

Annoyed, I shrugged my shoulders. »I know that too. But I don't have any other ideas. And if I would run through the woods, I would hurt my paws and even more my already overstrained leg,« I grumbled.

»Good that I thought along. But don't overdo it. A small amount is enough,« he murmured and held, all of a sudden, a small package towards me.

»You're my savior and at the same time I could kill you for giving me this stupid wolfsbane. But anyway. See you later. Cheerio!«

He laughed loudly as I left the backstage area through the door that could be only opened from the inside – except you got the special key from the bartender. Too fast, I found my way to the counter and ordered a drink in which I put a bit of the powder.

Sceptically, I eyed the brown-orange liquid in which swam three ice cubes.

»Chin up and break a leg,« I mumbled and took the first sip. The liquid ran down my throat and immediately I had an uncomfortable feeling inside my throat.

It didn't really have a good taste but I felt the effect almost immediately which made it count as a good drink.

Hayden's band played for some time now and I had started drowning my sixth glass by now.

To my demise the alcohol didn't work as well as I wished it would. I wanted to forget the fight with Cassian or push it deep down to not feel affected by it, but nothing of that happened at all.

Because the more I drank the more I thought about him and our quarrel and got only angrier. And now I could understand the effect alcohol had on Mrr Conner.

Suddenly some sat down next to me and glanced at me.

»Hey, I'm Valentin and you, cutie?« he introduced himself and had a seductive smile on his lips. Warily I pulled my eyebrows together.

His scent – and his face too – somehow seemed familiar but I couldn't grab from where I got that feeling. I was probably wrong. But with all the thick scents around me and the alcohol in my system, I shouldn't wonder why I couldn't recognize his smell.

»Is that some cheap pick-up line?« I asked uninterested – and a bit condescending too - and didn't answer him with my asked name.

»Cheap pick-up line?« he returned a question amused and furrowed his eyebrows.

»Valentin. Valentine's Day?« I helped him to answer. Even though I was sometimes stupid but he was another range of fools.

»Just an unlucky name for today's day. My name is Valentin, cutie.« A really unlucky name if he wanted to flirt with someone today and they misunderstood – or it worked.

Mockingly, I lifted the corners of my lips and turned to my drink again which I drowned in one and ordered another one.

»Now, Valentin, we came to the conclusion that your name is just an unlucky coincidence, I hope that wasn't a pick-up line,« I said and nodded to thank the bartender who gave me my drink.

Scowling I pulled out the package and put the last bit of powder into my drink and waited for a few seconds before I sipped from the liquid that burned in my throat.

Maybe it was the wolfsbane that burned the insides of my throat or the alcohol was just that strong.

»You tell me, if I'm allowed to flirt with you, cutie. Because I would be in for a one time thing. I'm only visiting family for a few days and after that I will probably never return,« he said and grinned at me invitingly.

Actually, I just wanted to tell him that flirting and other things wouldn't be acceptable – after all the relationship between Cassian and me wasn't broken off after our fight – as just in that moment a flat hand slammed between us onto the counter and a loud growl sounded that was hidden by the loud music.

And I was glad it was that way. Because I didn't want to explain how a human was capable of making such sounds.

»He isn't available and now fuck off, you disgusting bastard,« Cassian growled and looked at the poor man as if he would rip out his throat any second.

Defensively he put up his hands and rolled his eyes.

»Sorry, I didn't know that he was already taken.«

Valentin turned around, rolling his eyes and was about to go when he made a sign at his ear. The typical sign for, call me.

Of course, Cassian saw that too and his whole body started to tremble.

I didn't even have the number of that guy and he only did that to provoke Cassian.

»Give me the note with his number or your phone, so I can delete his number! Or does he have yours?! Then I will go to get his phone and rip off his head!«

He was about to follow the guy, however I got up, drank the last bit of my drink and slammed the glass with the money onto the counter and turned around to leave the bar – Cassian halted, puzzled by my actions.

As I reached the cold night air, a sudden pain cut through my head, dizziness followed and I felt like throwing up. Puking I leaned over the next trash bin and suddenly felt how someone put his jacket over my shoulders and gently rubbed them.

Disgusted, I wiped my mouth and then saw the tissue that Cassian held towards me. Slightly grim I glanced at him but still took the tissue and wiped away the vomit from my mouth before I threw the tissue away.

Trembling from the cold I pulled the jacket tighter against me and all of a sudden, felt how Cassian wrapped his arms around me from behind and wanted to pull me against his chest but I got out of his grip and whirled so hard around that the dizziness got stronger and I needed to pull myself together to not throw up again.

Okay, I totally overdid it but before I went outside, I hadn't felt any effect of the alcohol – well, not that strongly.

»What're you doing here?« I scowled and felt my anger welling up. Though I talked to Ethan and fully understood that he just misunderstood and overreacted!

Was I a pregnant woman who couldn't control her hormones? No! I didn't need to overreact like that but I still had no control over my emotions.

He looked like a puppy kicked to the ground and scrambled nervously with his foot.

»I wanted to follow you after you left but Fynn and Cameron stopped me. Genevieve explained to me that the tickets are for Cameron and her... Fynn meant that you'll probably return until sunset, so I waited in your room but you didn't return... I was worried and was about to destroy our room because I lost control of myself. But then Caleb texted me that you are with Ethan at the Spotlight on and I immediately came over,« he explained and only looked up for a short moment.

But he looked down again after seeing my accusing expression.

»And from where does Caleb know that I'm here?« I asked, growling.

I seriously was furious when I drank. A cuddle monster when I was sick. A clown when I took that one drug. I really hated those sides of me.

»Ethan texted Ellinor and she ordered Caleb to text me.«

Understanding, I nodded and turned my sight to the side to not look at him.

Some of the smokers were outside or others went to their cars or by foot to get home. And some others were still standing in the line to get inside.

»Fine, you checked that I'm fine, now you can go home and let me be After all I should fuck off and get out of your life. Return to Canada because I seem to be looking for another excuse to run away« I hissed angrily and he flinched.

»Do you have any idea how much I want to hate you? But I can't and I hate myself for it.«

Snorting, I crossed my arms and felt how my breath trembled.

»I misunderstood everything and exploded out of fear. My mouth was faster than my head,« he tried desperately to justify.

»Above all, what was that just now with that guy? Are you going out with others?! Or did you flirt with him?!«

His voice suddenly changed and he growled darkly again which made other people turn to us. It was enough that some already listened to us arguing.

»Flirt with him too? Flirt with him too?! Pah! If you wouldn't have gotten in between like an angry rhinoceros I would have clearly told him that I'm taken!« I barked back and he flinched in recognition.

Silence filled the space between us while we didn't look at each other – I to the side and he to the ground.

»Kyran, please let me explain why I exploded like that,« he breathed quietly into the silence of the night. And tomorrow was school, how much I would enjoy it. With a hangover to school.

»Just shut it,« I growled.

»Do you know what? Take what is yours and piss off, get out of my life for now!« I said and took his jacket from my shoulders to give it to him.

However, in the next moment, I found myself thrown over Cassian's shoulder and stared at his, truthfully said, firm ass. Cursed bond!

»What the hell are you doing?! Let me the fuck down!« I yelled and started to kick my legs to get out of his hold.

»No!« he said, determined. »You said I should take what's mine and go. Well, gone stupid for you that my sign on your nape confirms my ownership over you.«

I cursed inside because he was kind of right.

»Cassian, let me down please, I feel like throwing up,« I whine and could feel my insides come up.

Maybe it wasn't the best plan to drink on an empty stomach.

Hectically he put me back onto my feet and I threw up into the next bush.

»Did you catch something again?« he asked worriedly and helped me with wiping away the puke.

Exhausted, I sat down on the cold ground and shook my head. »There were only I, seven glasses of some strong alcohol and wolfsbane powder,« I murmured and held my throbbing head.

If I didn't have a blackout tomorrow, I would question my life.

He growled disappointed and ran his fingers through his hair that already was tousled as if he did that too often today.

»Please let me explain,« he whispered and watched me, pleading.

»Well, I can't run away anyway...« I grumbled and pulled my legs against my chest and crossed my arms on my knees to put my head on them.

»I got scared when I saw that website. And the expression in your eyes seemed like you wanted to tell me, you wanted to leave... I panicked and didn't think about what I was saying and I regret every single word...«

Sighing I shook my head.

»I already know that you misunderstood and you didn't mean it like that. But I don't know. Well, and I must say, for a moment, I thought about buying a ticket for me too.«

He wanted to say something but I lifted my hand so he would stay quiet and let me talk.

»Ma called me before you came and told me that the pack is under heavy attacks of rogues and Maxim works until he blacks out. I was there when other attacks happened and there were horrible losses I will never get over, horrible for everyone of us. Ma wanted Naika, Toby and I to stay here and only come if we get asked or the siblings get ordered to. And I worry about Ma, she is pregnant and...«

Knowledge appeared on his face before it changed to an apologetic expression. He sat down on the ground.

»I'm sorry that I screamed at you... I promise that I won't do it ever again.«

Smiling, I tilted my head. »Don't promise something you can' hold onto. But you could try to be calmer next time. And I'm sorry that I told you I hated you. Because that isn't true.«

He waved it away and carefully tried to touch me. I took away his insecurity by sliding closer to him and snuggling myself against him. Protective, he wrapped me inside his arms and dug his nose into my air with a relieved sigh.

»You reek of vomit and alcohol,« he purred and sniffed at me again.

»I need a shower,« I grumbled and suddenly he got up and carried me in his arms like a bride.

Cas carried me to his car and then took me home where he carried me inside the house for which I was thankful. Alone I couldn't take another step. Against my expectations was the light on inside the living room which is why Cassian carried me there after I pointed in that direction with a confused frown.

»Och, dammit. The best are always wolves. Nice seeing you so soon again, cutie,« Valentin laughed who sat down on our couch and Chat next to him.

And now I recognized why his face and smell were so familiar. Chat and he looked and smelled almost the same.

»Kyran, Cassian, this is my cousin Valentin Jones. He is here to get me to return to Canada to hunt down the rogues.«

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 126K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...
1.4M 44.1K 40
*THE EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK IS ON TAPAS* Samuel Wolf, a low-life omega who gets abused by his pack at home and by his bullies at school, can't t...
134K 3.6K 31
Tyler and Isaac couldn't be more different people. Tyler is your typical cliche asshole. He's a bad-tempered easily aggravated prick btt no one even...
193K 6.8K 15
[NOTICE BEFORE READING] This story is currently being remade. I will not be posting any more chapters in this story but I may post any notices that c...