The Vengeful Ghost

By TristanMayy

When Visenya Velaryon was born paler than the winter snows barely six moons after the wedding of Rhaenyra and... More

1. Bastard
2. No Dragons to Be Found
3. Find It
4. Delicate Skin
5. Defend and Deflect
6. Two Ghosts
7. Time
8. Homecoming
9. Comfort Among Enemies
11. A Second Chance to Learn
12. Emotion Tapping
13. More Than Enough
14. Bloodshed
15. Covered Ire
16. Swear It
17. A Targaryen
18. Gilding the Young Lily
19. Confused Finality
20. Look What You Made Me Do
21. Price of Pain
22. Individual Schemes
23. An Understanding
24. Fools at Court
25. Indigo and Sapphire
26. Princess of the People
27. Second of Her Name
28. Poetic Pain
29. Healthy Healing
30. We Are One
31. Tenderness
32. Dragonstone
33. Time for Growth
34. Sick With Love
35. Avy jorrāelan
36. The Four Storms
37. Searing Tears
38. A Falcon Among Dragons
39. Red Rain
40. The Red Council
41. Twin Dragons
42. Interrupted Bliss
43. Adventures and Plotting
44. Clubfoot
45. The Painful Truth
46. Anything For Her
47. The New Normal
48. Sweet Girls
49. The Weight of Fate
50. Dragonrider
51. Be Still My Heart
52. Dread on the Horizon
53. The Disaster Before the Storm
54. Queen Visenya
55. Backstabbing
56. Interlude
57. Spoils of War
58. Fire and Blood
59. Ghosts
60. This Means War
61. War Plans
62. Fields of Fire
63. Claiming the Dragon
64. Only Together
65. Lady of the Vale
66. The Gullet
67. Find Peace
68. One Thing After Another
69. The Red Kraken
70. Paranoia
71. The Kiss of Death
72. Harrenhal's Curses
73. Final Wishes
74. The Cells
75. Short and Sweet Embrace
76. Trial and Reign
77. Ñuha jorrāelagon
78. Epilogue

10. Reunion

9.1K 337 48
By TristanMayy

Visenya backed up until she felt Grey Ghost, who had stepped forward and growled at Aemond, sensing her fear and unease. Aemond stood with his hands behind his back, utterly unbothered by the dragon. He wasn't the self-conscious, scared little boy she once knew.

"Call your beast off, I am not stupid enough to hurt you before we are wed. After that, though, hm ..." He smirked and finally looked at her.

Visenya was shaking as she gulped and looked at Grey Ghost, giving a shake of her head. Grey Ghost looked at Visenya and back at Aemond before going silent but his neck was around her protectively.

"Why ar-are you here?" She asked, the scared little girl coming back. It was like she was ten all over again, cowering in fear of her uncle. All the work she had done the last several months felt like it had disappeared.

"I saw you going for a fly, was going to join but since my dragon is much larger, she needed to rest before flying."

Visenya rolled her eyes at his comment. Go figure he would throw in a boast.

"So, I figured to please my mother, I could escort you back. Would hate for someone to dispose of my betrothed because she stupidly left the castle without a guard."

"I have left the uncastle unguarded every day for months and I have yet to encounter danger but you wouldn't know, you haven't been here," She said.

"Hm, Visenya: the mighty warrior. This beach is right outside the castle, it's not like you go through villages to get here. I was hoping to come back to a different Visenya, I figured claiming a dragon would have made you a dragon. But instead, I see the same scared girl except for this time you hide behind your dragon. How disappointing."

She clenched her jaw and stared at him, wishing she could take his other eye from him. He had grown so tall and if she kept staring up at him, she would strain her neck. It used to be that Aegon was a head taller than Aemond but at this point, Aemond was probably taller than Daemon.

"Fuck off," She mumbled and walked passed him. "You may act all calm and confident now, Aemond, but I still see a little boy that is unloved and pushed off to the side because that is all you are worth, just a pointless second son. Vhagar should have eaten your pathetic ass."

Aemond's eye flared with anger and he reached for her, his hand grabbing her hair at the base of her skull. "Don't forget your place here, Bastard. You have no allies here ... but then again, it sounds like you had no allies on Dragonstone."

Her eyes widened at his last statement.

He snicked and pushed her away but she lost her footing and fell down the cement steps. Grey Ghost stepped closer but Aemond smirked and watched her as she fell. "Pathetic," He sneered and turned his back on her, walking back up the steps.

Tears stung her eyes and she gave up, laying on the cement as he walked out of sight. What did he mean by his comment on Dragonstone? How could anyone know what had happened on Dragonstone when they weren't there? Or was he just bluffing? Either way, it left her unsettled.

Grey Ghost nudged her gently with his snout, letting out a high-pitched whine. "I'm fine," she sighed and sat up. When she licked her lip she could feel the metallic taste of blood and tried to think of a good excuse to tell the queen as to why she had a busted lip.

"Fuck," she groaned and pulled herself to her feet, wiping away her tears. She looked at her dragon and gave him a forced smile before walking up the stairs.

"I don't know, Mother, I didn't see her -"

"You went out there to escort her in and now she's not in, Aemond! The sun has set."

Visenya rolled her eyes as she overheard Aemond's lies in the hall. She wanted to walk away but they stood in the hall that led to her chambers. Alicent wasn't fond of Visenya but she still believed in duty and honor. She clenched her fists at her side, thinking of every reason she had to rat him out to his mother, to reveal to her that her son had put his hands on her and pushed her.

And yet she chose overwise as she walked down the hallway.

"Visenya, there you are! What in seven hells happened to you?" She asked and looked back at Aemond. "I swear if you -"

"He didn't, Alicent. Grey Ghost decided to fly around and do some flips which made me dizzy and queasy. When I started to make my way to the castle, I slipped on the steps in my state." She spoke to Alicent, not once looking at Aemond.

"Oh, child, you should have called for help. How do you feel now?" Alicent asked, inspecting her lip.

"Just fine now, thank you. I did see Vhagar descend upon the city, welcome home, Prince Aemond," Visenya said with a slight curtsey.

"Oh, calm down, dear," Alicent chuckled. "No need to bow, you know you don't have to be scared here. He's not Daemon, he won't hit you."

Visenya looked back at Alicent. "What? I never said Daemon hit me. I have been here six moons and never claimed it."

"You've been so timid and frightened since your arrival so I used some of my resources a few fortnights ago to see if anyone knew if you had been hurt and I got a report back that the Rogue Prince had hurt you many times. I was shocked, all things considered."

Considering what, that I am his daughter?

But who would leak that? Daemon and Rhaenyra's servants were undoubtedly loyal, it was insisted that they intensely interrogated everyone upon hiring. Nothing would have been said except what was instructed upon command. So ... they revealed it? But why?

She didn't have to ponder long, Alicent's expression gave it away. Alicent's expression was one of worry, pity, and longing for providing maternal protection. If Daemon could paint a picture that made Visenya look like a beaten and weakened little girl, Alicent would fly to that as quickly as she heard it. It was Daemon helping his cause but it was also a warning. She hadn't been producing any information in her six months tenure and he had to be growing impatient.

Her fear of Daemon reappeared within a second and she nodded, forcing a fake smile with Alicent. "Well, I am here now, Alicent. Your hospitality will be always appreciated and I am happy to make this my home."

Aemond's violet eye stared as if he were trying to read her mind, trying to figure out her angle. He had every right to be suspicious but he didn't know why she was lying, something that made Visenya proud of herself. Maybe she could finally learn how to play the game no one expected her to be smart enough to play.

"Aemond, escort her to her chambers and ensure she arrives safely. If she ends up with another bruise or cut, you will answer for it," Alicent said.

"Yes, Mother." Aemond bowed his head at his mother and held his hands behind his back. "Why did you lie?" He asked once his mother was away.

"I don't know what you mean," She mumbled and walked ahead of him. "I can handle myself from here."

"No, you will walk with me. We are officially courting now, remember? If only you could bleed between your fucking thighs so we could get this over with."

She rolled her eyes. "Why, so you can force yourself upon me like your brother?"

Aemond frowned and glared at her. "I am not my brother and I have no intention of bedding you, trust me. This marriage is only to appease the powers that be."

"They will expect children, Aemond."

"Then I shall spread a heavy rumor that you are a baron and unable to bare children."

"Then your mother will find you a new wife, Aemond. If you want to work around this then you have to do it smartly."

"Hm, as if you know how to be smart. Though I am curious why there is an increase in lies recently. I know how much you despise my mother."

She turned to look at him. "You have been gone six months. In those months, your mother has been nothing but civil and hospitable much to my surprise. We may not be friends or close, but she has been kind. She knows what it is like to be forced into an unwanted marriage."

Aemond rolled his one eye. "Oh, how you pain me so. Please, I get it, you long for me."

She sneered at him and took off walking down the hall.

"Either way, if you want to be my wife, you have to make some changes."

"You ass!" She gasped. "Do not tell me that I have to change for you. I am already giving up my happiness for this marriage."

"Like you have ever been happy! You have always sulked around like a beaten puppy and I guess now I know why," He smirked.

"Why you -"

"Careful, Visenya, rats live in the walls. You best remember that."

And with that, he turned and walked away. She looked up and saw where he motioned to, a sat sitting on the ledge up the walls. They were rats. She didn't understand the big deal.

Thankfully she wasn't far from her room and made her way to her door and was welcomed by the scent of lavender when she entered.

"Princess!" Brella ran to her, wiping the blood off her lip. "I just drew the bath, let's get you washed up. What happened?"

"Aemond Targaryen happened," She mumbled.

"Really? If you don't mind me saying, it sounds like you left quite the more impressional scar on him."

Visenya started giggling at her joke and slowly removed her riding leathers. Brellan grabbed a towel and prepared her night shift for her while she was submerged in the hot tub.

He was Aemond Targaryen, the only credit to his name was that he claimed Vhagar. Grey Ghost claimed her, she was chosen. And she was Unburnt. She was going to learn this game and she was going to try to win.

But she didn't know what she wanted. Technically, the throne should be hers. But the only prize she wanted was to feel happy. She wanted to experience joy and pleasure in life. The throne was only a source of heartache, a true headache in this family. No one was fit to rule. Aegon was ... well, he was Aegon. Her mother hadn't done a single thing to deserve the throne. She hadn't been by her father's side in years to assume her position and she wasn't strategic. A ruler should appease all parties, Lords and common folk alike. Her mother expressed no love for the common folk.

No one in the family deserved it. Maybe it was time to find someone else. In her mind, despite the turmoil, Rhaenys should have been granted the throne. She was kind yet strict. Rhaenys could make anyone scared of her with just one look.

But men would rather put the realm to the torch than see a woman rule it.

-

Until Visenya did bleed, no wedding plans could be made. There was no date, no dress, and no plans. Alicent assured her that even planning a dress now was pointless because if she hadn't fully hit womanhood, she still had much growing to do.

"Your breasts are incredibly small, that's how I know you've barely become a woman. They will grow and that can ruin whatever dress measurements we prepare now. Until then, I am sure your mother has spoken to you about the bedding?"

Visenya's cheeks burned and she nodded. "Yes, she has."

"Good. After the first time, it gets better. It is not made for us to be pleasured, so the likelihood of you experiencing pleasure is low, don't think that's strange. But pregnancy will be difficult. I was pregnant with Helaena by seventeen, so I remember dealing with it while my body was still small."

Visenya wanted to run away from this conversation. She hadn't asked for this conversation the first time with her mother, much less a second with her future husband's mother.

"I definitely went over this with my mother," Visenya shifted uncomfortably.

Alicent grabbed her hand and nodded. "I know, but in your stay with us, I just feel the need to help ease you into it. Unlike your mother, I was married off to a man I didn't love and forced to bare his children. After a time, I grew to love Viserys but the beginning is hard. I am not blind, I know you and my son do not like each other. But I have faith that your marriage will grow into a strong one."

Visenya met her gaze and nodded. "Thank you."

Alicent nodded and squeezed her hand. "Good. Now if you would like, you don't have to stay here. I am about to go sit with Helaena and the ladies for a session of stitching and a side of unnecessary gossip."

Visenya smiled and stood. "I know you never liked me, but that you for being so kind."

"I thought I disliked you, but it seems I misjudged you. I know what it is like to be a young girl and used by her father. Granted he never hit me but as an adult, I can see the ways he was awful. Would you like to join us for stitching?"

"No, unfortunately, Aemond is forcing High Valyrian lessons. If only he knew how awful I was when I tried, even my father -"

Her smile disappeared when she mentioned Laenor. She missed him now more than ever, wishing she had a friend and person to comfort her.

"Visenya, I never did offer my condolences. I know you were close. I still miss my mother to this day. It doesn't go away, the pain. But it does get easier to manage over time."

"I just wonder why he had to die. It just seemed unnatural," Visenya spoke softly.

"I know. There has been much death in this family as of late. For him to pass right after Lady Laenor and your parents to marry right after ... it makes me worry for the King. There's one thing Daemon always wanted more than Rhaenyra, and it is her throne."

Visenya bit her lip. "How is Grandsire? So many rumors swirl about him and I just wish I could see him."

Let's see if she takes the bait.

"You are right, there are rumors. If word got out about his actual condition, it would raise alarm. We don't want to frighten you, but he is now missing an eye and the skin over his cheek has almost been eaten away completely by bacteria. But if you would still like to see him, I can make arrangements. But I trust you won't worry your mother about this, will you? He doesn't want her to know and worry her."

More like you don't want her to know so that she doesn't come and take away your control.

"Of course, I would never." She said with a smile.

"Good girl," Alicent smiled and kissed her cheeks. "I would hate for you to be late for your lessons with my son."

Visenya left and made her way to her chambers, a smile on her face. Alicent took the bait. She needed to send a raven before Daemon unleashed hell.

She walked into her room and went straight for her desk, grabbing parchment and a pen. Just as she was about to write out the truth, she hesitated. What did she get out of spying for Daemon? She was here and he was on Dragonstone, to hurt her would be an act of treason and no one is as cursed as a Kinslayer.

She was stupid to believe she actually had to spy for him. Even if he did attack, she was now under the protection of Grey Ghost and her family. She doubted Aegon or Aemond would fly and fight to protect her unless Alicent urged them to.

Mother,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am sorry I have not written more but I have been busy and haven't heard much until today when speaking with Queen Alicent.

Grandsire is sick but it is not as grave as they say so your presence here would not be necessary. He still attends court once a week and besides his aging skin, he looks to be in the best health possible for his condition.

I hope my brothers are well, give them my love.

Your Visenya.

shoutout to alyssrivrs for helping me with this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
8.4K 203 15
Sienna Targaryen was born in 81 AC five minutes before Daemon Targaryen. Everyone had expected her to be like Daemon but as she grew up it became inc...
11.7K 228 25
this story is totally different from others!!this is a house of dragons fanfic!!!! Visenya Valeryon, bastard daughter of Harvin Strong and, heir to t...
677 27 13
Rhenee Velaryon, twin to Jacaerys Velaryon and daughter to Rhaenyra Targaryen and Laenor Velaryon who was rightfully Heir as she was born two minutes...