Omega Chronicles: Bite Me!

By Nikku2000

Jai Raj is a male Omega. A very rare and a very unfortunate occurrence in the Werewolf world. All things tha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (M)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 part (i) (M)
Chapter 12 part (ii) (M)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Birthday (1)
Birthday (2)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (TW)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapte 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 (M)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47 (TW)
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 (M)
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54 (M)
Chapter 55

Chapter 31

756 35 1
By Nikku2000

Rishi's POV

Goddess do not let Jai be stupid enough to return.

I was on the floor doing my daily push-up regiment. Exercise always helps me clear my mind and right now I needed a clear mind. The cool breeze against my sweat torso was a welcome relief.

245...246...247...248...250

I heard a polite knock on my door.

"Come in" I said continuing my push-ups.

The door opened and closed. I sensed someone come in and take a seat on the the chair by the study table. I couldn't tell who it was nor did I care. I was living on borrowed time anyway.

Agni and I have both resigned to our fate. Hopefully, Jai isn't coming back and Dominic would put me to death. I just hope Mom-Dad and Jai are able to slip through far away. As long as my family is safe this all will be worth it. Jai deserves freedom from this bullshit.

I heard Dominic clear his throat.

He's the last person I want to talk to before I die.

I ignored him and increased my pace as my anger rose, cursing through my veins.

367..368..369..370

"Alpha Rishi, do not forget I'm still your King"

Shit.

As much as I hated him, he's now my liege. I have to respect him. If this is going to be my last moments, I'm not going to compromise my honour even if I have to pay homage to a cunt.

I stopped and stood up wiping the sweat off my face. He threw me a towel that lay on the bedside dresser. He was sitting very casually in the chair with an air of danger. His eyes were focused on the wall infront of him not even sparing me a glance. He was not even a little bit on edge being alone with someone who nearly killed his Beta and four of his guards. I could really have my foot on his neck, but he's not a least bit concerned. He probably doesn't see me as a threat. His guard was down, if there ever was a time to strike it was now.

But I will not attack my Brother's mate.

"Your Highness" I nodded at him.

He looked deep in thought, staring intently at the wall infront of him. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes.

"He's not coming back is he?"

"No" I confidently replied.

"Well then, I hope you're ready to die." He said caustically, his eyes raining fury on me right now. His presence was powerful, putting me on edge making me take a step back and sat on the bed.

"I am your Highness"

He sounded surprised as he tensed his jaw continued staring at the wall tapping his signet ring on the arm of the wooden chair as his posture stiffened. As much as I wanted to rip his guts out, it was hard to not feel sorry for him right now. Imagine losing your mate because of your own truculence. If only he had gone about things better, if circumstances were different he would have his mate by his side right now.

Losing your mate is incredibly painful. The suffering of separation is said to be unbearable. The hollowness that overtakes your existence, and every breath you take is laborious. Your body cried out to be held by your mate, your wolf begs to be in their vicinity. Knowing that, that was what your future holds, is a burden far worse than death.

I looked at him and he was still fixated on the wall. An empty lifelessness expression on his face. His pain was palpable, as his posture shifted as if we was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders right now.

I wonder if Jai is in as much pain right now.

I hope he isn't. But if he is, I know my parents will be there to aid him through it.  To pick him up when he starts feeling the effects of the separation.

Dominic has no one. No one.

You must have lost your entire mind if you're sympathising with him. Agni chided.

Probably. But I'm about to die anyway, if I can help ease his pain...

"I'm sorry Dominic. For all that has happened."

He didn't say anything nor did I expect him to. He just sunk his head in his hand, and sighed deeply.

"Rishi. Could you tell me about him?"

"About what?"

"Everything. Who he is, what he likes, what's his wolf's name, what he hates. All memories I have of him are painful. I just..." He said in the smallest voice almost trembling.

"I just need something to remember him by" he said finally looking at me. His eyes were watering but held a universe of pain in them. Jai would probably be feeling the same.

"My younger brother is a wonderful person" I smiled remembering him. "He's just a walking contradiction but if I could describe him in one word." I halted looking for the right descriptor as I stormed my chin.

"He's stubborn. He's had to be. Life hasn't been easy on him always but he's always persevered. No matter what curveball life throws at him he always has his ducks lined up in a row. He's very intelligent and knowledgeable. Especially about poisons and witchcraft. But he's also a moron who cannot figure out how to set up an IKEA bed. His favourite food in the world is Chocolate Croissants and Sangri Saag  a rare Indian vegetable." I listed as much as I could remember.

Dominic hung on to my every word. His lips contoured in a small smile as leaned forward to listen to me.

"What else?" He said.

"He loves video games. His favourite Pokémon is Drifloon. He loves knitting and old people. He always thinks he's the best looking person in the room and he loves gossip. Him and my mother love to sit Hennaeing their hands and talking smack about people." I chuckled as I remembered my mom ordering me to skip channels on the TV and hold her drink as she sipped on a drink drying her Henna with Jai, binge watching The Only Way is Essex. They loved reality tv.

I was about to tell him how once Jai took in and nursed an abandoned Red Panda baby in the Himalayas when we vacationed there when he was 13 when Sebastian burst into the room quite unceremoniously.

"He's here." Sebastian said breathlessly, "Luna has returned".

__________________________________

Jai's POV

It all seems a blur honestly. So much happened in the past week that I haven't had the chance to settle down and let things sink in.

Although Dad didn't speak a word to me after my outburst, no matter how much I tried to initiate conversation he got in a 7 minute long hug as I was leaving. He held me tightly and whispered in my ear, "I'm sorry. I'm here I promise".

Mom had helped me pack the one trunk I was allowed to bring after the door was transported by the movers. Mom had been barely holding it together this entire time and the tone of our household was very somber. She wanted me to be happy, that's what she's always told me, to always chase after my happiness. And here she had to ask me to sacrifice my freedom to save her other son's life.

Our family dynamic was weird, dad and I didn't get along but I was clearly his favourite child, while mom favoured Rishi although him and her weren't as close as her and I were. It's just one of the ironies of life I suppose. I still love my parents immensely, and I know they do as well.

I stood at the door with my trunk loaded into the black limousine that had been provided (more like forced) by Dominic.

"Say what you want but the man's got style" Chanyeol quipped looking at the sleek car parked up the driveway as he pulled up in his Volvo.

Sameer got out and gave me a strong hug while Chanyeol parked the car and greeted my parents.

"I'll miss you so much Jai. Stay safe" he said while pulling away. His handsome face still carried that little smile although he had grown out his hair. It framed his face perfectly. Looking at him you wouldn't think he'd been at a battlefield. It made my heart ache a little to see him here but I might never see him again, being stubborn and losing that chance would hurt way more.

"My OJ" Chanyeol said as he nudged Sameer aside and literally lifted me off my feet. He didn't let go but held me tight. I could feel him sobbing a little bit. He tried to speak but couldn't, instead he waved away the tears as Sameer hugged him from behind and kissed his neck.

"I hear he's very handsome. And I'm sure after the mating he'll be a new person. I'm sure yes I am." Chanyeol said nodding frantically trying to convince himself. It was a shock to all that he had marked me without us having sex because that's crude and masochistic. And making your mate suffer is really frowned upon.

I said my goodbyes and got into the car. As soon as I shut the door the car whizzed into action, not even sparing a millisecond for me to look back and take one last look at my loved ones standing outside the house I grew up in.

I somehow preferred that.

Arriving at the castle I was asked to wait in my allocated room where I was escorted by Sebastian. He asked me to unpack my things while he informed the Alpha.

"What about Rishi?" I asked.

"Luckily the Alpha is in your brother's chambers so we can kill two birds with one stone" Sebastian laughed like just the mention of the word kill makes him cackle.

Dominic was in Rishi's room? I hope everything's okay.

Soon I was reunited with Rishi who looked shocked that I returned, but quickly composed himself.

"This is goodbye then I suppose little brother. I'll come visit when I can" he smiled pulling me into a hug.

Of all the goodbyes I had had in the past few days this one felt the least patronising. I hated how Chanyeol, Sameer and my parents worried endlessly about me. Like I was some delicate flower being thrown in the mud. They all expected me to break to pieces, to be the one that will hurt in this mateship. And while I don't blame them because I am mated to the king of werewolves and living in his territory, no one had shown belief in me and my decision.

If that's not complicated enough I'm not even sure he's my mate.

I had a feeling he is. Because despite everything that happened I still felt drawn to him. His scent hit different, his touch felt different even the mark he had forced onto me I wasn't angry about no matter how hard I tried to muster up anger from the dark recesses of my soul. It felt right. Like the final piece of the puzzle.

But extraordinarily my wolf wasn't recognising him as such. He was passed out currently because he's been enervated lately but despite all the pain he was going through he stressed that Dominic wasn't our mate, sometimes in a way that felt spurious. Like he was trying so hard to get me to get away from him, despite all my senses driving me to his direction. I respect Nyx very much so I respect his privacy but he needs to spill the beans on his peculiar behaviour as soon as possible because it's driving me insane.

After seeing Rishi's off and having the door installed in my cabin, I just sat on my bed. It was super fluffy and comfortable. The whole room was but it felt lonely and isolating. The one advantage of being a werewolf is that you're never alone. You're always in a pack because we all want social connections. Even if not in a pack you have your wolf to talk to.

Hey Nyx.

.......

Still asleep are you?

Well I suppose he should sleep and gather his strength. The way he gets around Dominic, he'll need all his strength. I didn't mind being mated to Dominic even if Nyx said he's not our mate. Like I literally do not care about mates at this point and as an Omega, I doubt it makes any difference. They're all gonna have the same expectations of me which are easier to fulfil in a comfortable rich mansion than a normal apartment. Call me superficial but the fact that Dominic was rich didn't hurt. I mean if I had any choice I wouldn't be mated to anyone, but since I am, I'm trying to look at the bright side.

Bright-er side anyway. I doubt there is a single bright spot in this entire situation.

But if Nyx continued to act like that, kept doubling over in pain being so affected by being claimed by someone who he vehemently denies is our mate I can't keep putting him through this or the poor chap might die. In which case there is only one option.

I have to run away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64K 2.6K 35
Edward's biggest dream in his life is to make julian knows his place as a omega in this world. The only thing that stops him from his way with the o...
179K 10.4K 15
When his uncle is overthrown as the pack leader, Lan Yibo is sold to an auction house. He expects to be held captive until he presents, and then to...
157K 6.3K 43
Jack was broken. Being the sole survivor of a massacre that killed his entire family while still a child weighed heavily on him. Fearing for his life...
12.2K 564 22
"Stay away from me,Kim"saying this the almighty trueblood alpha slammed the beautiful male Omega to a wall staring at him furiously for a while and w...