Unrepentant | DOCTOR WHO [ON...

By theunstableoriginal

Unrepentant: (adj.) showing no regret for one's wrongdoings Or in which a 1,026-year-old Original vampire is... More

PROLOGUE
CAST
one | smith and jones
two | the shakespeare code
three | gridlock
four | daleks in manhattan
five | evolution of the daleks
six | the lazarus experiment
seven | 42
eight | human nature
nine | the family of blood
ten | blink
eleven | utopia
twelve | the sound of drums
thirteen | last of the time lords
fourteen | Christmas Special 2007: Voyage of the Damned
fifteen | partners in crime
sixteen | the fires of pompeii
seventeen | planet of the ood
eighteen | the sontaran stratagem
nineteen | the poison sky
twenty | the doctor's daughter
twenty one | the unicorn and the wasp
twenty two | silence in the library
twenty three | forest of the dead
twenty four | midnight
twenty five | turn left
twenty six | the stolen earth
twenty seven | journey's end
twenty eight | christmas special 2008: the next doctor
twenty nine | special 2009: planet of the dead
thirty | special 2009: the waters of mars
thirty one | christmas special 2009: the end of time part 1
thirty two | christmas special 2009: the end of time part 2
thirty three | victory of the daleks
thirty four | the time of angels
thirty five | flesh and stone
thirty six | the vampires of venice
thirty seven | amy's choice
thirty nine | cold blood
forty | vincent and the doctor
forty one | the lodger
forty two | the pandorica opens
forty three | the big bang
forty four | the impossible astronaut
forty five | day of the moon
forty six | a good man goes to war
forty seven | let's kill hitler
forty eight | the god complex
forty nine | asylum of the daleks
fifty | dinosaurs on a spaceship
fifty one | a town called mercy
fifty two | the power of three
fifty two | the angels take manhattan
fifty three | nightmare in silver
fifty four | the name of the doctor
fifty five | 50th anniversary special: the day of the doctor
info about the ocs

thirty eight | the hungry earth

155 5 1
By theunstableoriginal

As he neared the door to the TARDIS, the Doctor yelled, "Behold!" As he opened the door and let Annabelle, Amy and Rory all step out of it, he yelled, "Rio!"

In turn, Amy said, "Nuh-uh."

Then Rory said, "Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe."

As he closed the door behind himself, the Doctor replied, "No! Ooh, feel that, though. What's that?" Then– after taking a couple of steps forward and proceeding to jump up and down on the pavement– he said, "Ground feels strange."

After turning around and seeing the way that Annabelle, Amy and Rory were looking at him, he said, "Just me... Wait... That's weird."

Rory asked him, "What's weird?"

As she made her way over towards the Doctor, Amy said to him, "Doctor, stop trying to distract us. We're in the wrong place." While the Doctor turned around and started to run over towards a random patch of grass, Amy told him, "Doctor, it's freezing, and I've dressed for Rio. We are not stopping here."

After the Doctor had crouched down in front of the patch of grass and pulled some of it out of the ground, Amy said, "Doctor! Are you listening to me? It's a graveyard! You promised me a beach."

The Doctor said, "Blue grass." While Amy and Rory walked over towards him and Annabelle only let out a sigh as she closed her eyes and listened to the sound of Amy and Rory's footsteps, the Doctor said, "Patches of it all around the graveyard." As he shoved the bits of grass into his coat and turned to face Amy and Rory, he said, "So, Earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future, wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot."

With furrowed eyebrows, Amy asked, "Why are those people waving at us?"

After only turning his head and seeing just what Amy was seeing, the Doctor took a couple of steps forward and said, "Can't be."

After Rory had started to wave one of his own hands, Amy turned to him and quietly said, "No, don't."

After looking through his binoculars, the Doctor said, "It is! It's you two."

In turn, Rory said to him, "No. We're here. How can we be up there?"

Then the Doctor said, "Ten years in your future. Come to relive past glories, I'd imagine. Humans, you're so nostalgic."

With a turn of her head, Amy asked, "We're still together in ten years?"

With a mere tilt of his head, Rory replied, "No need to sound so surprised!"

Then Amy said, "Hey, let's go and talk to them! We can say hi to Future Us! How cool is that?"

It wasn't until Amy went to do just that that the Doctor said to her, "Uh, no, best not, really, best not. These things get complicated very quickly, and..." Then– with a turn of his head– he said, "Oh, look! Big mining thing. Oh, I love a big mining thing. See, way better than Rio! Rio doesn't have a big mining thing."

Then Amy asked him, "Oh, we're not going to have a look, are we?"

Then the Doctor said, "Let's go and have a look! Come on, you two, let's see what they're doing. But before you do, try and find Annabelle. She can't have gotten far!"

And while the Doctor continued to head in the direction of– what he called- a big mining thing, Rory turned to Amy and asked her, "If he can't get us to Rio, how's he ever going to get us back home?"

Amy replied, "Did you not see, over there? It all works out fine."

In turn, Rory asked her, "After everything we've seen, we just drop back into our old lives, the nurse and the kissogram?"

Then Amy said, "I guess. He's getting away."

While Amy started to go after the Doctor, Rory said to her, "Hang on." After Amy had turned back around to face him and Rory had grabbed her hand, he asked her, "What are you doing with that?"

Amy said to him, "Engagement ring! I thought you liked me wearing it."

Rory replied, "Amy! You could lose it! Cost... a lot of money, that!"

In turn, Amy said to him, "Hmm." After taking off her engagement ring and putting it into Rory's hand, she said to him, "Spoilsport."

As he turned around to walk back towards the TARDIS, Rory told her, "Go on. I'll catch you both up and see if I can convince Annabelle to come along with us."

* * *

After going back into the TARDIS and putting Amy's engagement ring back into the small box that it had originally come in, Rory let out a chuckle and turned around to walk back outside of the TARDIS, only to stop and let out a bit of a yell when he found himself staring down at Annabelle, who was staring up at him with her head tilted to the side and an eyebrow raised– not to mention the fact that she also had her arms crossed over her chest.

After hearing Rory let out a yell upon seeing her, Annabelle simply smirked to herself, which had Rory ask her, "Why are you always doing that to me?" When Annabelle's smirk had simply widened in response to his question, he asked her, "Is scaring me like that some sort of sick game of yours or something?"

With a mere raise of her head, she said to him, "Of course it is. How else am I supposed to get some entertainment, while I'm stuck traveling with the Doctor and his two precious little humans?"

In turn, Rory said to her, "You're not stuck traveling with us. If you really wanted the Doctor to drop you off back at where he picked you up, you would've already asked him to do it by now." After seeing Annabelle's veins come onto display in response to his words to her, he let out a sigh before he said to her, "Annabelle, I wasn't trying to be rude about it, alright? I'm just saying that you could have easily asked– or rather demanded in your case– for the Doctor to drop you back off in the very same spot that he picked you up in and he would've done it. He might have been upset about it, but he still would've done it. And the fact that you haven't said anything about going back home makes me think that you don't hate him as much as you say you do because if you really hated him, you would've been back in 2010 by now."

With a scoff, she asked him, "And, what, in the short time in which you've known me, you think that you are such an expert in the type of person that I am? Because you're not. You know absolutely nothing about me, Rory Williams."

Rory started to say to her, "I never said that I knew anything about you—"

Annabelle replied, "Good. Because you don't. Now, hurry up and finish up with whatever it is that you're doing here. I'd like to have some time alone here without having to see your face any longer than I actually have to."

In response to her words, Rory simply let out a sigh before he did just that and left Annabelle to stand all on her own inside of the TARDIS.

As soon as Rory had stepped back outside of the TARDIS and closed the door behind himself, Annabelle walked over towards the Doctor's chair and sat on it before leaning into the back of the chair and closing her eyes with a sigh– finally allowing herself the chance to finally and truly relax for the first time since her first encounter with the Ood and the song they sang that had brought her to tears just last year.

* * *

With her hands folded behind her head, Annabelle slowly breathed in and out as she listened to absolutely nothing and enjoyed the silence that surrounded her, while she remained alone inside of the TARDIS.

It had been quite a while since Rory Williams had left the TARDIS and Amy and the Doctor had gone to get a closer look at the mines and there wasn't a single part of herself that missed anything about walking with the Doctor and hearing him constantly and excitedly talking about whatever it is that had caught his interest about the mining area.

And sitting alone in the TARDIS gave her a lot to think about– such as how much longer she would have to go before she saw Kol with the dagger out of his heart, how she was going to get the Master to stop haunting her dreams anytime she just so happened to fall asleep or how she was even going to convince Klaus to give daggering her a break and find something else for him to obsess over and not about the fact that she'd snapped his neck on two separate occasions in the course of two-hundred and eighty-nine years prior to the tortures that she received from the Master.

Another thing that she thought about was if she was ever going to move past what the Master did to her, or if it was going to continue to haunt her for as long as she continued to live without getting killed by her father, if she ever managed to cross paths with him once the Doctor had dropped her back off in front of Kol's coffin and allowed her to do whatever she wanted to do– like she had been doing during the six months that she was away from him.

She also thought plenty about the last time that she'd actually talked to Kol and the fact that he told her to go and find William before he was daggered by Klaus with the help of her other brother Elijah.

It was a rare thing for her to truly be in a place where she could be alone and think about things that would occasionally pass through her mind, but she still enjoyed it nonetheless.

Prior to her first encounter with the Ood, the last time that she'd had any form of peace whatsoever was in 1859– three years after she was almost killed by Mikael– and she had compelled a man that was the head of a family and had at least five children of his own to kill his own family before killing himself just because she happened to feel bored that day and wanted to see the many different ways in which he would kill his own family after she had gotten him to invite her into his home.

Granted, she shouldn't be compelling a middle-aged man into killing his own family because of the guilt that she felt from killing her own family and remembering nothing about doing it, but in her defense, it looked as if the man and his family were rubbing their happiness into her face and she had to do something about it.

But that was always the case with Annabelle.

Whenever she came across a family and felt like they were rubbing their happiness in her face, she would either take it upon herself to kill them or compel one of them to do the dirty work for her and leave Annabelle to enjoy the sight of the other family members screaming and pleading for their lives, while the family member that was killing them was forced to kill the very people that they loved the most.

She had no doubt in her mind that those that she'd compelled into killing their own family were quite frightened over the fact that they couldn't keep themselves from killing their own family, and that just made it that much more entertaining for her– that the humans were the least bit capable of keeping themselves from doing whatever it is that she wanted from them whenever they didn't have any vervain in their system.

Then there were those that did have vervain in their system that she would simply kill on the spot or– if there was another vampire in the area– compel the vampire into killing them for her and then proceed to kill the very same vampire that she'd compelled into killing the humans for her.

And this alone reminded her of the time that a vampire that she'd met in the year 1349 had insulted her before she eventually tricked him into trusting that she wouldn't hurt any of his siblings that weren't lucky in procuring any daylight accessories for themselves.

And unfortunately for that one particular vampire, Annabelle wasn't one to let things slide, such as her being insulted by someone that she had viewed as lesser than herself.

And the man only came to realize this after Annabelle had compelled his youngest sister into opening the curtains that kept herself and her four elder siblings– ones that also weren't lucky in procuring any daylight accessories for themselves– from getting killed the moment that the vampire that had made the mistake of insulting Annabelle had stepped out of the room.

It wouldn't be until after Annabelle had left the room that she could hear the blood curdling screams of the five siblings as they burnt to death, which only resulted in the vampire that had insulted her to let out a sob once he saw the piles of ash where his siblings had each once stood.

It was safe to say that– after she'd explained the loophole that she found in the promise that she gave to him– she killed him by ripping his heart out of his chest before she went to show the very same heart to her other siblings and wanted to show it to Kol as well once he returned from his time with the witches that he liked to spend his time with.

And although it had been six-hundred and sixty-one years since she'd done that, she knew quite well that she was still capable of it and was anxiously waiting until she could kill someone at least similarly to how she'd killed the unfortunate vampire that had made the mistake of insulting her without even knowing who she was or even the type of reputation that she had built for herself as one of the most deadliest members of her family.

It was something that she immensely enjoyed.

She enjoyed the fear that she could make others feel– even without them actually meeting her.

It was always quite fun for her that she was the one to be feared, instead of the one that had to be afraid like she was when she was still frightened of her parents when she was a child.

Then– six-hundred and fifty-seven years after she'd killed that vampire and his own siblings were killed because of her compulsion on the youngest of his siblings– she found herself being frightened of someone again and that had ruined things for her for a while.

Granted, the way that the Master had tortured her still bothered her quite a bit, but she found that either being in a place all on her own with no one bother her or simply just tearing into the necks of anyone that she saw helped her with not focusing so much on the effects that she still had whenever anyone grabbed her without her knowledge or if they were someone that she didn't know or didn't even care about in the slightest.

And funnily enough, during the six months that she'd been on her own after the Master had tortured her for the two days that he could before he disappeared with the other Time Lords, it seemed that those that knew of Annabelle and the reputation that she had for herself seemed to become that much more frightened of her when word had spread about how much more brutally she killed any that either double-crossed her or failed her– such as the witches that had failed to find some way to get the Master out of her head so that he could no longer torment her in her dreams.

And during those six months– despite the fact of how hurt she felt because of the Doctor abandoning her like he did– she found herself slowly and surely getting back to being how she was prior to the Doctor picking her up in his TARDIS and taking her with him and Amy Pond to go and see Winston Churchill and then, in turn, try to ruin the Daleks plans for making more Daleks that could go around killing anyone whoever they wanted.

She enjoyed going around and killing whoever she wanted.

The only reason that she didn't do just that on the regular during the two years that she'd traveled with the Doctor was because of the deal that she had with him and the fact that she didn't want to disappoint him, but the deal was now null and void– according to the Doctor, anyway– and she had no reason to worry about him being disappointed in her.

So, if it ever came down to it where she could kill something that pissed her off or got close to the Doctor, who was quite honestly the only one that could take her back to Kol's daggered body and not leave her stranded in whatever place that the Doctor took her to, she would.

No matter the cost.

Because the thoughts and opinions that he could have towards her didn't matter to her anymore.

Granted, there was a small part of her that still cared about him deep down inside of herself, but that small part of her was practically drowned out by the hurt and anger that she felt towards the Doctor and was– in a way– nonexistent to her for as long as that anger and hurt continued.

So, she simply chose to ignore it and act as if it didn't even exist to begin with, despite just how much that small part of her started to slowly and slowly grow with each second that she continued to hang around him and that TARDIS of his– not to mention the fact that, despite him not talking to her anymore, he still went out of his way to try and involve Annabelle in whatever they were doing whenever they showed up at a new location at some random ship or planet in the universe or even at a random point in history.

His refusal on leaving her out of everything that he did with Amy and Rory was making it that much more difficult for her to actually ignore him and act like he didn't exist when he would– at times– go out of his way to get her some more blood bags whenever he could and some artifacts that he would find whenever Annabelle refused to step out of his TARDIS.

As far as she was concerned, the Doctor was the most infuriating man that she had ever met because of his refusal to leave her alone and quit trying to win her over and get back onto her good side, no matter just how many times she'd threatened to kill him or shoved an unfortunate Rory Williams into him in her attempt to get the Doctor to leave her alone.

And doing this didn't help with how wary Rory was of her, but she didn't care.

Rory was nothing more than a walking and talking blood bag to her that she sometimes used as her own source of entertainment, if she got bored enough and decided to go out of her way to scare because of just how amusing she found his reactions to be.

And unfortunately for Annabelle her annoyance towards the Doctor had quickly returned and the feeling of peace and serenity that she once had had immediately dissipated when she heard the voice of the Doctor ask from the outside of the TARDIS, "No, sorry, no, what are you doing?"

Then she heard another voice say, "Coming with you, of course! What is it, some kind of transport pod?"

The Doctor replied, "Sort of, but you're not coming with me."

Then she heard a second voice say, "He's right, you're not."

Then she heard the woman say, "I have spent all my life excavating the layers of this planet. And now you want me to stand back while you head down into it? I don't think so!"

The Doctor told the woman, "I don't have time to argue!"

In turn, the woman said to him, "I thought we were in a rush."

The Doctor said to her, "It'll be dangerous."

The woman replied, "So's crossing the road."

Then the Doctor said, "Oh, for goodness' sake, alright, then! Come on!"

It wasn't long afterwards that she heard the key turn into the lock and the door to the TARDIS open before she heard the Doctor quickly running over towards the TARDIS.

However, the Doctor came to an abrupt halt when he saw that Annabelle was sitting on his chair and in the TARDIS with her eyes closed and her hands folded behind her head.

This alone had him repeatedly blink to himself with furrowed eyebrows and then open his mouth to say something to her, only to stop and shake his head to himself when he remembered that Annabelle didn't want him talking to her.

Then he went to walk over to her and pat her shoulder or at least pat her on the head and then let out yet another sigh when he remembered her telling him that if he even grabbed her that she would tear his arm off of his body and then proceed to permanently beat him to death with it.

With yet another shake of his head, he went back to going over towards the controls, shortly before the woman that the Doctor had been talking had also stepped into the TARDIS and closed the door behind herself.

It wasn't long after the door had shut that the Doctor said to the woman, "Welcome aboard the TARDIS. Now, don't touch anything and especially don't touch her. She's quite sensitive to being grabbed at by someone." After messing around with a part of the controls, he said, "Very precious. Both of them are."

Then the woman yelled, "No way!" As she walked even further into the TARDIS, she said, "But... But that's... This is... Fantastic! What does it do?"

The Doctor said to her, "Everything. I'm hoping, if we're going down, that barricade won't interfere!"

It was then that the inside of the TARDIS had started to shake.

After both the woman and the Doctor had nearly fallen onto the floor and Annabelle had simply let out a sigh, the Doctor asked the woman, "Did you touch something?"

The woman replied, "No! Isn't this what it does?"

The Doctor told her, "I'm not doing anything! We've been hijacked, I can't stop it!"

Then he found himself falling onto the chair that Annabelle was sitting on, which got him to look back at her and only grimace to himself when he saw that Annabelle was now staring at him with her veins on display and a scowl on her face.

The Doctor said to her, "Sorry." Then he quickly got off of her and ran back over towards the controls as he yelled, "They must've sensed the electromagnetic field!"

Then– after making his way over towards the screen that was attached to the controls– he said, "They're pulling the TARDIS down into the Earth!"

* * *

After the Doctor, the woman and a pissed off Annabelle Mikaelson had walked out of the TARDIS and the door to it had been shut, the Doctor let out a whistle before he said, "Looks like we fell through the bottom of their tunnel system. Don't suppose it was designed for handling something like this."

The woman asked him, "How far down are we?"

The Doctor replied, "A lot more than twenty-one kilometers."

The woman asked him, "So why aren't we burning alive?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Don't know. Interesting, isn't it?"

As soon as the Doctor had turned his back on the two women and started to hurriedly walk down a nearby path, the woman said with a chuckle, "It's like this is every day to you!"

The Doctor told her, "Not every day. Every other day."

Once the Doctor was gone, the woman looked around herself in awe of what she was seeing before she looked over at Annabelle, only to find that the Original vampire was already hurriedly walking past her with her hands clenched into fists and her veins on display.

And in response to seeing the veins that were showing just underneath Annabelle's eyes, the woman repeatedly blinked to herself before she would eventually hurriedly run after Annabelle and the Doctor– leaving the TARDIS to stand entirely on its own.

* * *

While Annabelle's anger only continued to worsen with each step that she took away from the TARDIS, the Doctor said, "We're looking for a small tribal settlement. Probably housing around a dozen homo reptilia. Maybe less."

After walking towards another entrance and away from the direction that Annabelle and the Doctor were going in, the woman asked him, "One small tribe?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Yeah."

After the Doctor had made his way over towards where the woman was with a reluctant Annabelle close behind him, the woman asked him, "Maybe a dozen?"

It was then that the Doctor slowly came to a halt just beside where the woman was standing, and Annabelle came to a halt only just behind the woman and the both of them could see– what looked like– an entire city of the reptilians.

While Annabelle silently eyed the city lookalike that stood– what had to have been– dozens of feet below where she was standing, the Doctor said, "Ah. Maybe more than a dozen. Maybe more like an entire civilization living beneath the Earth."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 3.7K 74
"I thought I told you not to wander off," the Doctor reminds her but she ignores him. "I changed my mind," Cherry muses, a small smile playing on he...
956K 21.9K 36
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐒, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...
55.7K 2.5K 50
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐈𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭...
112K 2.8K 57
"i'm just trying to help you! at least save some broken remnants of your innocence!" "my innocence? oh god dad, that's long gone!" or in which merc...