I should be your Beta, not yo...

Door LeseMate

Kyran Crimson. The future Beta of his pack. However, his future was vague because he wasn't just a normal B... Meer

Introduction
Prologue - Defective
1 - Back
2 - Β»Those eyes...Β«
3 - Live or die?
4 - Kyran August Joffrey Yldiz Crimson
5 - Mental break-down
6 - Coffee
7 - Vision
8 - Swimming
9 - Training
10 - Kiss
11 - He is a hunter
12 - The Lycans
13 - Old friends
14 - Β»Don't you want to stay over?Β«
15 - Deja-vu
16 - Witch
17 - Lunch
18 - Fynniboy
19 - Stories over stories
20 - Gesture
21 - Achoo!
22 - A cold
23 - My Alpha
24 - Christmas party ends in a disaster
25 - Christmas presents on New Year's Eve
26 - Black eye
27 - Dreams and Teams
29 - Virgin
30 - Captain
31 - Studying with wolf
32 - Dispute
33 - Drunk
34 - Hey, I'm Valentin and you, cutie?
35 - Enzo
36 - Moat
37 - Alpha, Luna, Beta, Omega
38 - Movie
39 - Brothers
40 - Pet name
41 - Birthday
42 - Beta
43 - Morning afterwards
44 - News
45 - Elias
46 - Hanny
47 - Home
48 - The future is bullshit
49 - Rescue?
50 - Swap
51 - Calm before the storm
52 - Truth
53 - The time goes by
54 - Arrived
55 - Second act
56 - Vacation
57 - Austria
58 - Black Death
59 - Life
60 - Birth
61 - End
62 - Safe
Epilogue 1.0
Epilogue 2.0
Epilogue 3.0 Alternative ending
Side-Story: 1
Side-Story: 2
Side-Story: 3
Side-Story: 4
Side-Story: 5
Side-Story: 6
Side-Story: 7
Side-Story: 8
Side-Story: 9
Side-Story: 10
Side-Story: 11
Side-Story: 12
Side-Story: 13
Side-Story: 14
Side-Story: 15
Side-Story: 16
Side-Story: 17
Side-Story: 18
Afterword

28 - Class picture

269 6 0
Door LeseMate

»Morning,« Enzo greeted me, who sat at the kitchen island and had a cup in his hand. From the smell I assumed it was black tea. He wore a loose shirt and short pants and his dark hair was ruffled.

»Morning. Where are the others?«

Yawning, I looked around, found no one and scratched my head while I walked to the coffee machine to make myself the coffee I needed. I was too tired.

»Did you take a look at the clock?« he asked, amused. Confused, I looked over to the digital clock at the oven.

05:07 o'clock.

»That explains a lot,« I grumbled.

»Why couldn't you sleep anymore?« he asked and patted the place next to him. I took his offer and sat down next to him.

»My leg just hurt a little, nothing more. Why are you awake? Normally, you are the one that sleeps as long as you can and then make yourself ready under the pressure of time.«

Quietly he laughed and shook his head. »Just had a nightmare, probably a vision.«

Surprised, my eyebrows rose and I took a sip of my coffee. »What happened?«

Enzo shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

»There were no words this time, but I was captured in a situation. I couldn't see anything exactly; it was too dark for that. However, I saw silhouettes of two humans. Both had a grin on their lips that still sends shivers down my spine. Then they turned their backs to me and lifted their hands, their nails were more like claws. Another silhouette appeared, also human like but this time it had an aura of peace and warmth the complete opposite of the other two. A bright light came from that person and then I woke up.«

Thoughtful I frowned. »What does that mean?«

I didn't need to look at Enzo to know that he also had no idea.

»But, if the third person has a good aura, maybe it means that this person can stop the bad ones,« I said with hope in my voice.

»Kyran, you know that all my visions have something to do with some bad and gruesome trajectories,« Enzo whispered bitterly.

»Maybe this time it isn't like that,« I tried to cheer him up.

»I will break my mind over it later. Should we prepare breakfast? You know our sleepyheads. And with that we can take some workload from Zack's shoulders,« Enzo suggested to change the topic.

»You make the toast and roast the eggs. And I will put that together?« I asked and he agreed.

I got the cold cuts from the fridge and the eggs from the cabinet beneath the fridge to give them to Enzo who already prepared the pan.

Suddenly two fluffy balls of fur snuggled against my legs and I looked down.

»A good morning to both of you too,« I greeted Coffee and Witch who returned my greeting with a meow.

»I will feed them,« the dark-skinned witcher laughed and got the food for the cats from one of the kitchen cabinets. I grabbed a toasted toast and put butter and salami on it. Especially for Chat.

After Enzo was finished feeding the cats, he started to fry the eggs and I prepared the bread for Naika, Fynn and Genevieve. The three didn't like toast so I made their breakfast with normal dark bread.

Then, when the two fried eggs were ready, I started to prepare Toby's toast. Personally, I didn't like the combination but Toby loved fried egg with cheese on his toast.

Then Cameron's and Enzo's bread and finally mine and Emily's.

The three vampires didn't need bread with cold cuts, we only needed to warm up the blood in a cup. Beneficial and disgusting at the same time if we thought about the blood packages inside the fridge.

And then the clock hit six and slowly the first ones awoke inside the house. Tiredly the four girls came together into the kitchen and were surprised because of the already prepared breakfast.

»You two are angelic, do you know that?« Genevieve said and grabbed her bread.

»And this is for you, Mylady,« I said and gave Leandra the cup with warm blood. »You are sent from an angel.«

Naika grumbled something I didn't understand but it was enough of a thanks for Enzo and me. Emi thanked us with a smile and sat down at the table too.

In the time being the other slowly crawled out of their rooms and jumped at the breakfast like starved animals. Afterwards they went back to their rooms to dress and pack their stuff for school.

My door closed behind me and I walked straight up to my closet to get my clothes and dressed myself. A quiet sound came from my phone, which made me walk to my nightstand and open the chat with Cassian.

[Cassian:] Morning, how does your leg feel? Should I take you today?

Smirking, I tipped my answer.

[Kyran:] Don't worry. Everything's fine and the others would kill me if you would drive me. In an emergency Zack or someone of the others would carry me.

I put my phone into the pocket of my jacket and grabbed my bag before I took the crutches and went downstairs.

The only one that was left was Sean who appeared after a few minutes and then we left the house and went to school.

When we arrived on the school grounds many eyes laid on our group.

Actually, the attention on us had calmed down and if we still got looks, it wasn't obvious. But it probably made the round that I got shot.

Attentive I searched the school grounds with my eyes but couldn't see Cassian anywhere. However, his car was in the parking lot. It confused me a little bit because he wasn't waiting outside. After all, he was the one that proposed to take me with him but now he wasn't here.

Maybe he already went to class with Kate, Lucien and Caleb. And the first lesson was with the grim teacher but only because I wanted to study again and he was a competent teacher.

Just when we wanted to enter the classroom the annoyed voice of our teacher stopped us.

»I want to have a little talk with the three Anderson siblings,« he said and looked at the three vampires. They shrugged with their shoulders and nodded. What did he want from them?

This felt wrong. What did he want from Leandra, Sean and Zack? They were top students, after all they graduated a few times. Just in other countries and languages.

And to my luck I caught sight of the coach at that moment. Two flies with one clap. Eavesdropping and talking to him.

»You go in first. I need to talk with the Coach,« I said and my friends nodded. As fast as I could walk with the crutches I caught up with the coach.

»Could I have a minute, sir?« I asked and he stopped in his tracks. »For my champion always.«

I concentrated on my hearing and listened to the words of the grim teacher.

»I found something very strange, just recently,« he said and something rustled.

»And how could we be of help with that?« Sean said back in confusion but relaxed.

»I assume you three can explain to me why there are three exactly looking Anderson siblings in a class picture of my parents.«

My breath came to halt. How the hell were they on a class picture of his parents? Didn't they have the rule that they would appear in pictures as little as they could, to hide their existence.

»Kyran?«

Bewildered, I shook my head and looked at the coach in front of me. »Are you okay? You wanted to talk to me, so please talk. I need to get to my classroom.«

I slightly frowned before I shook my head.

»Uh, yes, of course. I just wanted to ask if it's possible for me to come back into the team. My wounds still need to heal but when it's fully recovered, I would like to come back into the swimming team.«

Surprised, he raised his eyebrows.

»Certainly! That is more than possible. The team will be happy about it and if you take back your old Captain pose it would be even better,« he laughed happily and propped his hands at his hips.

»But doesn't someone already have that position?« I asked unsure. Even though I would like to be the Captain again, I didn't want to take someone's place.

»No one really wanted that position after you left the Captain's seat open. Well, of course, we have someone forcibly in that position, but I'm sure that they want to give away that role with every chance they get. Your friend Ethan, your old Co-Captain. And now that you want to come back, it would be perfect. Moreover, you know the training plans from memory, well I hope you still do. You could be of great help for the younger ones and the older ones need a leading hand really badly.«

Hesitatingly, I nodded. Actually, I wanted to work my butt off to get my old position back but now to just get it overwhelmed me a little bit. And even though I knew that Ethan would give me the position right away, I didn't want to force him.

»Then, I think we talked about everything. The times for training are still the same. And I hope that you will give the team a quick look even though you're still hurt. The team would enjoy a visit. We will take a look at your jacket and if it will still fit you.«

He petted my shoulder and then walked away.

»MR. CRIMSON!« Shocked I flinched and turned around.

»If you still want to stay in the hallway, I can send you to the principal. Or would you like to take part in my lesson?« Quickly, I nodded and went into the classroom.

Sighing, I sat down next to Cassian and he gave me worried looks. I pulled my notepad and my pencil's out and wrote on it that I just talked to the coach and was just absent minded.

The teacher turned to the cupboard and started to write something for the lesson on it. I took that chance and pulled out my phone to write a short message to Sean.

I just knew that the vampire had his phone out hidden under the table. He already had this topic too often and was just bored.

[Kyran:] What did he want from you? I only heard that you were in a class picture with his parents.

[Sean:] Don't worry, we already settled things. We made him believe that Lea was our Mom in that picture and we were her brothers. He swallowed that lie; well, I hope he did. If he still asks around or questions us more, we will talk to the principal. Maybe he will get to know about the supernatural side of this world.

Sighing I shook my head and put my phone away. That could just go wrong.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

40.1K 1.8K 21
An Alpha, ostracized by his pack. Forced to live alone in a cabin, far from anyone. Only a few knew of his existence, and they were determined to kee...
1.4M 44K 40
*THE EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK IS ON TAPAS* Samuel Wolf, a low-life omega who gets abused by his pack at home and by his bullies at school, can't t...
793K 20.3K 39
Train,a werewolf, is weak or so everyone thinks. When the 2 most powerful alphas come into town everything starts to look up for train until of cours...
4.1M 125K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...