The Melody Of Love & Pain | A...

By trillest_lvhh

Introducing Melody of Love and Pain, an emotional journey of heartbreak and healing. Escape into the harmonie... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50. (START OF PART. 2)
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.

26.

2K 133 11
By trillest_lvhh

Adonis

I was back in Philly with Rocky as we were walking up the stairs of the "Philadelphia museum of arts steps" where Rocky used to run up and down to train. "Come on old man" I teased as we looked at each other and he chuckled.

"How's Y/N?" Rocky asked. "She texted me earlier she was nervous about her meeting today" I admitted. "She's an amazing singer they would've never contacted her if she wasn't" Rocky assured. "I just want her to get a solid deal where she comes out on top" I admitted "she's going to be alright" Rocky assured. "She's a really good woman" Rocky said as I chuckled and agreed. "She is" I honestly admitted. "She flew all the way to London for you. You better cherish her" Rocky said as I laughed some. "Roc I got this" I assured. "I know you do kid" Rocky said patting my back. "I think they added a couple of more steps" Rocky brought up making me chuckle.

We finally made it to the top and looked over the town. "So what's the plan?" I asked before looking over at Rocky. "Your name is ringing bells so you know you got a whole list of opponents coming your way" Rocky brought up as I smiled "I'm retiring by thirty five" I told Rocky making him chuckle. "Donnie you can retire whenever you feel it's right" Rocky assured me as I smiled placing my hand on his back.

I felt my phone vibrate as I pulled it out and looked down at it seeing it was Mary Anne. I answered it and placed the phone to my ear. "Hey ma" I answered "hey baby how you feeling?" She asked. "The swelling from off my eyes went down but other than that I'm good" I admitted. "Okay. How's Rocky?" She asked. "He's straight he's with me" I answered. "Okay" she said as I can tell she was smiling on the other end. "What's going on ma?" I questioned in a small chuckle. "Nothing. I was just wondering when you were going to introduce me to Y/N" she brought up as I let out a small laugh. "The other night at the end of your fight I seen her standing next to you while you were talking to reporters. She's pretty" she complimented making me chuckle. "Thank you. And Right now Y/N and I both have a lot going on so I don't know about now" I honestly said. "You're serious about her right?" Mary Anne questioned. "Of course" I honestly said. "Okay just as long as you're serious. Does she treat you good?" Mary Anne questioned making me laugh.

"Ma yes. She treats me good. We're okay. I'm okay" I assured as she sighed some. "It's lonely in this house you know" she started off as I just leaned my head back. "A grandchild would kind of nice" she added. "I'm sure it would but, our careers are just starting" I reminded as she just sighed and I laughed. "Ma I'm out with Rocky I'll call you back" I assured as we said our goodbyes and hung up. Rocky just chuckled looking over at me. "I haven't even been with Y/N for a year and she's looking for grandchildren" I expressed as Rocky laughed. "This must be the first one you bringing home to Mary Anne" Rocky brought up as I shook my head. "Nah I think this is the one Mary Anne actually WANTS to meet" I said as Rocky and I chuckled. "Y/N would be the only other woman I actually brought home for Mary Anne to meet" I brought up.
"If I feel it's real then I'll introduce Mary Anne into the picture but if not then who I'm with won't meet her" I explained.

"what happened with the other woman who met Mary Anne?"  Rocky asked "It was forced and I went along with it so she could stop talking about it" I honestly said. "Were you two serious?" Rocky questioned as I placed my hands in my pockets and we begun heading back down the stairs. "Yeah we were. I just knew once my mother met her she would see past all the BS she was trying to spin and tell me she wasn't no good" I started off "and I wasn't trying to hear that but it happened and of course Mary Anne said she was going to stay out of it but you know with Mary Anne" I said as rocky chuckled. "Yeah. If she fool with you, she'll fool with you if she doesn't she'll make it known" Rocky explained as I agreed.

"My ex wasn't good anyway so Mary Anne knew what was up" I admitted. "You over her right?" Rocky asked "who? My ex?" I asked looking over at Rocky as he nodded. "Hell yeah the things she did there's no coming back from that" I honestly said. "Good because she's going to fry and find her way back and Y/N can be a fire cracker" Rocky brought up as I chuckled. "Trust me. You don't know the half of it" I assured.

Y/N

I was in the building of Roc Nation head quarters that was in New York as my manager and Lawyer was along with me. I was a little anxious but I was holding it together this could all literally be the extra push I needed. "Ms. Y/L/N" I heard someone call my last name as I looked away from the text Donnie sent.

D❤️: whenever you're settled call me and let me know how the meeting went.

I looked up to see the CEO of the company Desiree Perez as she smiled. "Hi" she greeted as I stood up and we shook hands. "Hi it's an honor to meet you" I greeted back. "It's an honor to meet YOU" she admitted as I let out a small laugh which was done out of nervousness. Desiree begun talking to me about the label in general along with her background as CEO and other artists apart of the Roc Nation label. The more she talked and showed me around the more I felt more comfortable with this possibly becoming my label I'm signed too.

Desiree walked us into an office as I seen Sean Carter A.K.A Jay-Z with another man discussing something. He finally looked over at me and smiled. "Thank you for coming out" he thanked as we shook hands "thank you for having me here" I thanked. "You know I tested you right?" Jay asked as I looked at him confused. Desiree and jay just let out a laugh. "By the time I had you at the roc nation brunch to perform I already knew I wanted you to be apart of this label I just wanted to see how you prepared for this show, executed the show and once it was all said and done carried on after the show and to me you seem like someone I can get behind." He started off. "I honestly was just going to start my own label and push myself if nobody else wanted me or knew my worth" I honestly said. "And that's what I like about you. your manager explained all your concerns regarding your contract, your music and how you wanted to be taken care of being apart of this label and I respect that" he expressed.

"Some people are so excited to get under a label that they don't remember that they are the artist and the label actually needs YOU and YOUR talent to make money." He explained You're business minded and you have raw talent that this industry hasn't seen in a while and I respect that so I'm willing to negotiate with you a hundred percent" he expressed as I nodded. A contract was handed to my lawyer as he started looking over it. "Just so you know how serious WE are for you to join our team we are allowing you to do one album under us if you sign just to see how album sales are and if you like being with us. if nothing meets expectations then you're free to go. If you do want to stay then you can resign your contract" Jay explained. "Okay" I agreed.

"If album sales are good and you re-sign to Roc nation for a longer contract then we will renegotiate the price of your record deal from the two million that it is now to another offer, and if you do two more albums under us and album sales are fulfilled you are eligible to branch off into your own record label underneath roc nation." He explained as I inhaled some trying to take all of this in. "Whew" I started off as we shared a laugh. "We starting you off with one album and you have time to think over this" he assured. "So it'll be a total of three albums under you before I could branch off?" I asked as he nodded. "What about my masters?" I questioned.

"If you sign to us after the one album contract is up then you we will have another contract for you aside regarding your music catalog" he started off "it's a worldwide deal of you covering your entire songwriting catalog plus any future works from us and anybody else unless you want to sell your masters" Jay explained. "So if I don't sign then I won't be entitled to my masters for my first album with roc nation?" I asked as he nodded.

I knew they were going to try and get me somewhere but that's their job as a label it was still better than Atlantics. Although I this was risky I still felt comfortable with the possibility of signing to roc nation. "We will hook you up with anybody you need and anything you need to get to where you want to be if there's anybody who is keeping any money from you or songs you might've did under someone else our lawyers will handle it so you can be apart of this family" Desiree stressed as I looked over at her.

"What is your goals?" Jay asked as I looked back at him. "To make music that make you feel good not something that's quick" I started off "you don't see too many dark skinned women in the game anymore and I want to change that for the upcoming generations and generations to come to be an example for young black girls who look like me and has the same dreams, you know?" I asked as he nodded continuing to listen. "I'm not trying to be the next anybody I just want to be Me because me being me will get me further than being a copy of someone else" I added. "I want my own business further into my career, my own label and I want to be overall successful to create generational wealth" I admitted as he smiled and looked over at Desiree. "Do you have any questions?" Jay asked as I shook my head. "No" I answered with a warm smile. "I thank you for taking the time out for this meeting I hope you decide to work with us because we strongly would like to work with you" he admitted as we both stood up and shook hands once again.

"Think about everything we discussed and if you want to sign we will hold a meeting at our LA location" Jay added "okay thank you" I thanked about to walk out with my lawyer and manager but he spoke up. "Just to let you know. My wife fucks with you heavy" he informed as my mouth dropped making everyone laugh. I soon walked out of the room and started squealing next to my manager as she laughed. "Calm down let Derrick look over the contract and you think about this meeting then you make your decision" Sarah explained referring to my lawyer looking over the contract.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 43 10
Teenage love: Read to find out🤍
433 73 9
There isn't love strung up on the walls like paintings here, it's dull and hard to find, and once you dig deep enough to find it, you see it was all...
6.7K 293 24
"𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨... ...𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧...
128 1 40
poetry collection about struggling, learning, loving and understanding.