Ethereal || Doctor Who

By Izzy_Bleij

Where someone new joins the Doctor's life. A mystery, an impossibility he can't seem to decipher. A question... More

| Authors note |
| Prologue |
| Cast |
Chapter I - The beginning
Chapter II - Meeting Amelia
Chapter IV - Powell Estate
Chapter V - There you are
Chapter VI - Long distance
Chapter VII - Talking rocks
Chapter VIII - A nice cup of tea

Chapter III - Not a goodbye, but a see you later

429 31 1
By Izzy_Bleij

◇Rewritten◇

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:

Amy and Rory shared a look, conteplating where to begin. With a deep sigh Amy starts. "Your travelled right after putting that necklace on?", she questions, making me slowly nod along.

"What do you remember from right before you came here?", she continues.

"Uhm, there was this lady. And she placed my hand around the stone and then told me to..... run.", I trail off, realizing how annoyingly familiar those words sound.

"A bit cliché, now I know.", I mutter out with a scoff.

Amy softly chuckles, before her eyes flicker down to my chest, where the necklace was innocently laying. "The necklace can take you to this universe and back to yours. By simply pressing it and you're gone.", she further explains

How interesting it all was one thing popped out to me. "I can go back home?", I ask, hope filling me.

Rory and Amy share another look, this one with more concern. "Uhm... yes. You can go back home. But-", Rory begins, but got interrupted by me, myself and I.

"Oh, thank god. I thought I could never go back.", I breathe a big sigh of relief.

"But.", Amy begins. "You do have to come back here, sweetie.", she carefully tells me.

"What do you mean?", I ask, my shoulders slowly slumping down. I didn't know if I would go back. It all just seemed so dangerous, meddling into an universe I don't belong in.

"We know you.", Amy softly answers.

"You know me.", I mumble to myself.

"For how long?", I look back up at them and ask. "How long?", I repeat as they stay quiet, only looking at me with so much sympathy it made me sick.

"The Doctor.", falls out of my mouth as I remember something from before. I look at Amy. "You said before that I, well future me I guess, is travelling with the Doctor. Oh my god, that means I will meet him and speak to him.", I gasp out, coming to the terrifying conclusion.

Amy suddenly groans. "Arghh, we said too much. No more spoilers for you.", she grumbles, wagging a finger at me.

"I knew you were the one to overshare.", Rory laughs.

"Shut up.", Amy grumbles, hitting him on the chest.

A small smile grows on my as I watch them bicker like an old married couple, which they are just not old.

It was bizarre actually, something impossible. I used to watch this world on TV. But now here I am, being in that world, sitting in front of the lovely Ponds, and living the impossible.

A laugh suddenly bubbles in my throat as I start to laugh to myself. "Wow, I mean... just wow.", I gasps out between laughs, unable to stop myself.

"I mean I have a magical necklace. Like how?! And here I am, sitting in front of you two.", I wave at the two, my muscles straining as I laugh and laugh. "You're not supposed to be real people.", flew out of my mouth without thinking.

My eyes widen as I realize what I said. "Oh shit! I shouldn't have said that!", I panic, holding my hand over my mouth until more spills out.

Did they even know they were fictional?!

But as I was tunneling down into panic, the two in front of me did the opposite. They just started laughing, at me.

"Oh, that was amazing. God, you were really scared.", Rory says in between laughs.

"Hey! It's not funny.", I exclaim, offended they would even find this funny.

Amy clears her throat, calming herself down. "Nova, everything's fine. You already explained to us on how we're tv-characters from a show in your universe.", Amy reassures, making my shoulders sack in relief.

"It was still not funny.", I grumble while glaring at a still laughing Rory.

"Oh, look how cute! Little Nova all red and embarrassed.", Amy teases in a baby voice as she leans forward to pince my flushed cheeks.

"Oi, stop it. Don't do that!", I whine, ducking away from her reaching hands.

A grin, filled with misschief grew on Amy's face, and that's when I knew I had to run. Literally.

"No.", I slowly warn, holding my hand up to Amy, but of course that didn't work and I just about escaped as she jumped on me.

A shriek leaves my mouth as I run around the couch, and dissapear into the hallway, footsteps following me right on the heel.

"Stop running after me!", I exclaim with a laugh.

"Then stop running away from me!", Amy retorts with a small chuckle, following me back towards the living room as I circled around.

"Okay, okay.", I relent, stopping once I rounded the couch again. Amy stopping behind it.

"Peace?", I question, catching my breath.

Amy nods. "Peace.", she breathes out, catching her breath aswell.

"You both literally ran for only a minute.", Rory mumbles to himself as he leans back and stares into the very small hallway we just circled. But to his own unfortunate his wife heard him, and he got a slap on his head for it.

"Good one.", I nod to Amy, making her nod back.

I let myself fall back down on the couch, Amy joining me. "So..... What am I supposed to do now?", I question, looking between the two.

Amy shrugs. "We could watch a movie. WAIT?!", she suddenly jumps up, almost throwing me on the floor as I was leaning on her.

"-We should play Monopoly.", she continues, throwing Rory a devious grin.

"No. No way.", Rory immediatly protests, fear flashing in his eyes. "You both always team up against me. It's unfair.", he ends, crossing his arms.

Amy and I share a look, before turning back to him, the same grin on our faces.

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:

That's how a two hour long game of Monopoly started. The three of them equally competitive, all driven to win, playing the most nerve-wracking Monopoly game of their life.

Withing an hour Rory was bankrupt. Eventhough he played his absolute best he still lost, but of course he had an inkling on how. Amy and I had formed a secret alliance, working together from the beginning to the best of our powers, and successfully cut him off.

After another hour we decided to call it a tie as the game was going nowhere.

Rory had been called to the hospital for a bit, leaving us on our own. And what to do when you're left without supervision? Well, for us the answer was obvious. A pillowfort.

We plop down on a mountain of pillows surrounding us as we lay under a dome of blankets. A content sigh passes our lips, before we fall in a comfortable conversation, never a second silence to be found.

I was content listening to Amy tell some storied of her and Rory's first dates, laughing at some akward moves Rory pulled. I wouldn't believe myself if told a week ago me about this day. She wouldn't believe how fast I befriended the two, how fast I felt comfortable around them.

I made friends. The thought brought a smile on my face. It was always a difficult subject for me. Nobody seemed to want to be my friend or even have anything to do with me, no matter how hard I tried or changed. But now, I was confident in calling the Ponds my friends.

A sudden sound reached us two. A very familiar wheezing, a sound I never thought to hear in real life.

Amy stops mid sentence. She immediatly perks up, recognising the sound aswell and what it meand.

"Guess the Doctor and you are back.", she mumbles, albeit a bit conflicted

"Yeah.", I mumble back. "Can't have me meeting future me.", I lightly joke, before my face scrunches up as I realize how absurd the words I'm saying are.

Amy slightly nods. The situation was all so conflicted. On the one hand she was ecstatic that she would see her Doctor and Nova again, they couldn't have come sooner. But on the other hand the Nova in front of her, the sweet, innocent Nova, who is all new to this. She doesn't want her to go.

"I'm scared.", I whisper, my voice shaken a bit as I look out into the garden, watching as the Tardis materialise.

Amy quickly wraps her arms around me. "Everything will be fine, you will be okay.", she softly reassures me.

"I will see you later, right?", I question, a hint of desperation in my voice. Now that I had to leave I didn't want to anymore. The thought of leaving this place was terrifying. Because how could I leave this magical world and go back to my mundane life. What if I could never return and this was an one time trip?

Almost as if Amy heard my thoughts. "Of course we will see eachother later.", she scoffs with a watery laugh. "I told you I know you.", she emphasise.

"Right.", I murmur with a nod, having forgotten in the moment of panic. I shakily swallow as the wheezing slowly comes to stop, my time running out.

"Tell Rory goodbye for me, will you?", I ask, my hand coming up to grasp the necklace.

"Of course.", Amy nods, before a white light fills the room, blinding her. As her vision slowly returns, the spot in front of her is empty, only the two mugs on the coffee table there as evidence of her visitor.

"We're back!", the voice of the Doctor rings from the backyard. "Did you found the Tardis slow? It felt like ages went by until we materialised.", he questions the woman next to him.

"It might have taken a bit longer than normal.", the unknown woman shrugs.

"A bit?! Pftt, she was down right slow.", he scoffs with a chuckle.

"Hey! Don't disrespect sexy!", the woman exclaims, before slapping the back of his head.

"Ow! What did I do?!"

"Amy!", the unknown woman exclaims in glee, ignoring the man next to her. An immediate smile breaks out on Amy's face as she walks up to the two.

"Did you miss us?", the woman questions with a tilt of her head, a smile of her own gracing her face.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!
I would love it if you would vote!
♡♡♡♡♡♡

1729 words

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.8K 1.5K 20
Things are different, the Doctor's changed, and Lily hasn't decided if that's a good thing, yet. She fell in love with the Doctor, the ninth Doctor...
25.7K 738 25
Amora Rey was sent to Earth to learn about humans and their diverse cultures. With only a few months left before she has to go back to her own planet...
4.7K 228 9
𝐈𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧. 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡: 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐝𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭...
20.8K 634 35
She goes by many names. The adventurer, the genius; A liar, a truth seeker. But in the end, all of that won't matter any more. Why? The universe is...