Ethereal || Doctor Who

By Izzy_Bleij

Where someone new joins the Doctor's life. A mystery, an impossibility he can't seem to decipher. A question... More

| Authors note |
| Prologue |
| Cast |
Chapter I - The beginning
Chapter III - Not a goodbye, but a see you later
Chapter IV - Powell Estate
Chapter V - There you are
Chapter VI - Long distance
Chapter VII - Talking rocks
Chapter VIII - A nice cup of tea

Chapter II - Meeting Amelia

466 26 0
By Izzy_Bleij

◇Rewritten◇

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:

Lily's POV
———————

"Nova?"

There it was again, that name. I dumbly blink up at her, not really knowing what else to do.

"-Are you okay? You're looking a little pale.", the ginger woman comments. I follow her hand with my eyes as she layes it on my shoulder, staring oh so concerned at me.

The words that came out of her mouth next shocked me even further. Well, it kinda broke my brain for a moment.

"I thought you and the Doctor where travelling on your own a bit?",'Karen' asks with a small smile. "......Why are you staring at me like that?", she continues, her voice turning more hesistant by the second.

I blinked again, my thought racing a marathon in my head. Did I fully understand the meaning of her words? Yes, I did. Did I know how to properly and thoughtfully react? No, not even close.

"Yeah, right.", I quickly nod. "You know what... I have to go. Like, right know. It was fun speaking to you. See ya.", I jump up, ready to make a run for it and I could have, if it wasn't for the hand holding my arm.

"What's wrong? Why are you making a run for it?", 'Karen' questions. "I want to say you're acting strange.... Stranger than normal at least.", she continues with a little chuckle.

I sigh in defeat, knowing I couldn't get out of this one. "I'm not your Nova, okay?", I stare pointedly at her, hoping she will figure it out.

"Ooohh.", a shocked gaps escaped Amy after a moment as she finally get it.

"Yeah, oh.", I dryly mumble, plopping back down on the bench.

"Your eyes.", Amy breathes out, while staring with deep into my eyes.

"Don't say something about my eyes.", I whine. "You can't say something about my eyes, because I'm not staying long enough for you to get to know my eyes.", I continue during her own ramble, our voices melting together.

"Your eyes, there so young. You're so young. How could I have missed that?!"

Suddenly Amy springs forward, almost bumping her nose with mine. "Is this your first time?", she whispers to me, almost dreading the answer. "It is, isn't.", she continues, not waiting for my answer. "How long have you been here? Are you okay? Did you meet anybody yet? Wait no, don't tell me. Oh, why me?! Why couldn't it be Rory! What should I do?!", Amy all rambles in one breath

My eyes widen at her outburst. "Why are you asking me? How should I know?!", I question back, her panic travelling to me.

We both freeze as an old man walks by with his dog. He gives us a weird look, clearly having heard our little yelling match. I smile sheepishly at him, my cheeks hot in embarrassment.

"Okay, maybe no yelling.", I speak up after a the man has walked off.

Amy nods, a blush covering her cheeks aswell. "Yeah, that might be a good idea." She takes a seat beside me. The two of us  falling into silence.

"So... Why did you call me Nova?", I ask after a moment, not handling the silence for much longer.

Amy turns her head to me, her eyes widening as her mind spins for an answer. "Well.... because... you know.", she stutters out, not finding the right words.

"No, I don't know.", flew out of my mouth before I could think, making Amy shoot me a glare. "Sorry. Continue.", I softly mumble.

Amy sighs, rubbing her forehead. "You know what.", she sighs again, before shooting me a look. "Don't say it." I slowly close my mouth.

"Where are you going?", I question as Amy stands up.

"We are going somewhere.", she corrects. Amy silently holds her hand out to me, her eyes holding a clear question.

Do you trust me?

I stare at her hand, thinking it over. But was there even something to think over. Amy Pond, the girl who waited, is standing before me and asking me to trust her. A silent second passes before I let my hand fall in hers.

"The Doctor will go absolutely crazy when I tell him I got to do this first with you!", Amy exclaims in glee, before pulling me along. 

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:

A couple minutes later we arrived at a quite familiar house. My mouth hangs open as we walk up the pathway, my eyes trying to take all the wonderfulness in at once.

"Please let Rory be home, please let Rory be home.", Amy quietly murmurs to herself as she opens the front door, before pulling me inside.

"Rory?! Are you home?! I have a suprise!", Amy yells into the house, while looking at me with a big grin.

I tightly smile back at her, the constant staring creeping me a bit out. After a second of eye contact I look away, and start inspecting the walls.

Amy quietly snorts to herself, loving how easy her friend can turn akward.

At hearing footsteps both woman turn to  the stairs. My eyes widen once again as I stare at Rory, the gladiator, Williams. No, Rory Pond. I correct myself after noticing the ring on his left hand.

Rory raises his eyebrows at his wife, wondering what all the yelling was for. Amy motions with her head in my direction, making him follow her.

"Hi?!", I just about squeek out as I got grabbed into a bonecrushing hug.

"Nova!", Rory exclaims with a big smile, clearly sharing the same amount of excitement as his wife. How fun.

"What are you doing here?", he questions after letting me go. Amy gives him a look. "N-not that you need a reason. You're always welcome here!", he stutters out.

Amy rolls her eyes at him with a smile. "Rory, meet first time Nova. Nova, meet shocked Rory.", she explains with humor in her voice.

I bite the inside of my cheek as I look at his face. Shocked was the right description. His mouth almost hits the floor with how far he has it open.

"W-wait, first time? As in first time meeting us or first time everything?", Rory questions his wife, a bit nervously.

"Uhm, first time everything apparently.", I mumble the respond, making him look back at me and continue his silent staring.

"Rory, stop staring at her like that.", Amy scolds him while hitting his chest. "You're making her uncomfortable.", she continues, thankfully getting him to look away.

Amelia Pond, my hero.

Silence follows after that. I go back looking at anything but them, and stare at the floor of course. Rory was now silently staring forward, deep in thought as you could almost see the nervous break down happening behind his eyes.

Amy sighs, rolling her eyes again. "Why don't you two go sit down, while I get us all some drinks.", she suggests, leading Rory and me to the couch with a hand on our back. "-How does that sound? Great.", she doesn't wait for an answer and leaves the room.

Like mother, like daughter. I thought to myself. Simultaneously Rory and me sit down, knee and knee almost touching as we both stare straight forward, an uncomfortable silence growing.

A second passes and then another, and another. Me being me, broke and start wonderfully rambling my breath away, all to fill the silence.

"Uhmm... Nice house. Really love your curtains, and how they hang in front of your windows... Lots of natural light. Although I would put a plant there.", I point over to an empty space. "-Don't like an empty space. An empty space is only there to be filled. And you can never have too many plants. Everybody needs a new pla-", my rambling got interrupted by laughs, tumbling out of Rory's mouth.

"Sorry, sorry.", Rory apologies between laughs. "You just never change.", he continues, his laughing still going on fully. I quietly huff, crossing my arms and turn back forwards.

That's when Amy walks back in the room, carrying a tray with three mugs. "What's going on here?", she questions, amused, as she looks between us two. Rory biting his lip as he tries to hold in his laughs so he could apologise, and lastly me pouting with crossed arms.

"We should buy a new plant.", Rory eventually tells her after a moment, shooting her a certain look. Amy purses her lips, trying to hold back her laughs, but to no avail.

"Not you too.", I whine as both of them start laughing.

"Sorry, sorry.", Amy clears her throat before handing me a mug.

I let my hands wrap around the hot mug, letting it warm them up. "How did you know I like hot chocolate?", I question as I smell the sweet steam coming of it.

Amy scrunches her face with a chuckle. "You're my best friend. Of course I know your favourite drink."

"Oh, right.", I mumble with a nod, just deciding  to go along with it, otherwise I will go mad questioning every single thing.

"So, ready to begin?", Amy asks, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah.", I nod, pulling my focus away from the drink in my hands and onto them.

"Well, let's start with the name you keep calling me. Nova, why that?", I ask, staring expectantly between the two.

"Starting with the easy question, heh.", Rory mutters, scratching his head.

"Uhm, well.... Well because that's your name. Nova.... It's only your first name. Your whole name is Nova Hope. We don't know why specifically this name, you just always had it.", Rory ends his explanation with a shrug.

I slowly nod. "But why a different one. Why don't I go by my actual name?", I question in confusion.

Rory looks over at Amy at help, but she just queitly sips her drink. "Your real name holds power in this world. See it as a title, like the Doctor.", he further explains, proud filling his voice as he comes up with the comparison.

I nod again, now understanding it more. Sort of. Not really. He lost me again when he compared it to the Doctor.

"So, I should never tell anyone my real name.", I guess, making Rory nod at me with a smile, happy I understood it.

Sudden, Amy leans forward to me and grasps my wrist. "We're serious, Nova. You can tell no one your name.", she tells me, her voice grave serious. She almost looked scared. Scared for me, but why?

"I won't.", I promise. Amy stares at me longer, looking into my eyes until she nods to herself, happy with whatever she saw in them.

"Good. You're too important to this universe.", she says, finally letting my wrist go and leaning back in her seat.

I quietly breathe out, before speaking up after a moment.. "That was quite funny, by the way...... Me being important to this universe. Hah, not possible.", I lightly laugh. But stop as the two in front of me stay quiet.

"I'm not important to this freaking universe. No way!", I exclaim, shaking my head. To which Amy and Rory just smile at me.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!
I would love it if you would vote!
♡♡♡♡♡♡

1878 words

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 4.5K 84
"I thought I told you not to wander off," the Doctor reminds her but she ignores him. "I changed my mind," Cherry muses, a small smile playing on he...
49K 1.4K 64
ashes /aʃ/ the powdery residue left after the burning of a substance. •✽• How dare you. How dare you show me the edge of the universe and then drop m...
17K 1.1K 25
~Book 2 in TenRose "Journeys" 2 part story. (The Slow Path ~ Long Way 'Round) It's 4 years forward for Rose and the Doctor, and they're faced with ne...
16.8K 392 22
THE FIVE DOCTORS - This is my first fan fiction. it is not a relationship related fanfic, just about the story with no ship or anything. It features...