I should be your Beta, not yo...

By LeseMate

Kyran Crimson. The future Beta of his pack. However, his future was vague because he wasn't just a normal B... More

Introduction
Prologue - Defective
1 - Back
2 - Β»Those eyes...Β«
3 - Live or die?
4 - Kyran August Joffrey Yldiz Crimson
5 - Mental break-down
6 - Coffee
7 - Vision
8 - Swimming
9 - Training
10 - Kiss
11 - He is a hunter
12 - The Lycans
13 - Old friends
14 - Β»Don't you want to stay over?Β«
15 - Deja-vu
17 - Lunch
18 - Fynniboy
19 - Stories over stories
20 - Gesture
21 - Achoo!
22 - A cold
23 - My Alpha
24 - Christmas party ends in a disaster
25 - Christmas presents on New Year's Eve
26 - Black eye
27 - Dreams and Teams
28 - Class picture
29 - Virgin
30 - Captain
31 - Studying with wolf
32 - Dispute
33 - Drunk
34 - Hey, I'm Valentin and you, cutie?
35 - Enzo
36 - Moat
37 - Alpha, Luna, Beta, Omega
38 - Movie
39 - Brothers
40 - Pet name
41 - Birthday
42 - Beta
43 - Morning afterwards
44 - News
45 - Elias
46 - Hanny
47 - Home
48 - The future is bullshit
49 - Rescue?
50 - Swap
51 - Calm before the storm
52 - Truth
53 - The time goes by
54 - Arrived
55 - Second act
56 - Vacation
57 - Austria
58 - Black Death
59 - Life
60 - Birth
61 - End
62 - Safe
Epilogue 1.0
Epilogue 2.0
Epilogue 3.0 Alternative ending
Side-Story: 1
Side-Story: 2
Side-Story: 3
Side-Story: 4
Side-Story: 5
Side-Story: 6
Side-Story: 7
Side-Story: 8
Side-Story: 9
Side-Story: 10
Side-Story: 11
Side-Story: 12
Side-Story: 13
Side-Story: 14
Side-Story: 15
Side-Story: 16
Side-Story: 17
Side-Story: 18
Afterword

16 - Witch

452 14 5
By LeseMate

My eyes were concentrated on my books just like Zacks, Emily's, Naika's and Genevieve's.

My Canadian sister had her eyes on the screen of her laptop and just looked now and then at her biology book to filter out the information. She needed to prepare a presentation that was in the next few days and worked on it now.

Zack did something for math, Emi history and Genevieve tried to touch up her German language skills.

Annoyed, I pushed up my glasses after they slid down again. Normally, I didn't wear glasses but, on some days, I needed it to see something. Since I overcame the worst times of my sickness my sight sometimes got worse and, on those days, I wore glasses.

If my sight stayed bad for a few days I rather used contact lenses because it annoyed me that my glasses always slide down. But in a normal case I just needed to wear them for one or two days, mostly not more.

In the background the others watched TV. Chat, Cameron, Toby, Leandra, and Sean all laid on the couch and watched some random show. But after hearing them loudly screaming the word goal; I knew they were watching hockey. Even though they weren't fanatics regarding hockey - except for a few of them - and wouldn't normally watch a game of their own free will.

They all were more of an older generational thinking that made them play board games – or some similar games – or they would rather go outside. TV and hockey, really unusual. Though we went to a few hockey games back in Canada and I enjoyed it.

The grumpy blond was in his room and studied there. He said he couldn't study with all those noises. And I understood him better than one would think. But if I would choose to study in my room, I would find my bed more interesting and would fall asleep.

Well, and there was Enzo who strolled through the woods and gathered some herbs. He wanted to brew some potion; I didn't want to know about it. And with that decision, he was the only one that would leave the house in those temperatures. One needed to mind that the temperatures were mostly around zero or even negative. But compared to the cold in Canada the temperature here was a joke.

The bell rang and I stood up, sighing. Still, I felt relieved. I just wanted to study but all the formulas made me want to throw up. For what did I even need them? Just for school!

As I got closer to the front door a familiar tingle went through my body – I already felt it before. Felt him, how he closed the distance between us. That he was on the way to me. And because of that the relief probably came. Relieved that he would free me from the formulas.

Hectically I pulled open the door and I caught sight of the tall brown-haired young man with the lush green eyes. Even as a little boy I was jealous of those eyes and still was. But somehow our eyes fit each other.

My brown reflected the earth, the branches and tree trunks while his green mirrored leaves, plants, and shrubs. Together our eyes showed the play of a forest.

Still, even though I liked that explanation, I was jealous of this unique color that was much more beautiful than my brown.

He grinned brightly before he frowned in confusion and only his lips were still lifted to a weird smile. »Since when do you wear glasses?«

I let him come inside and he removed his shoes and followed me into the living room. Silently, I watched him as he put away his thick boots and his warm winter jacket that had from the inside and at the hood fake fur.

Although our bodies were warm on their own, we didn't need to walk around naked – t-shirts and shorts were mostly cold too.

»Now and then. Get used to it. My eyes sometimes hate me,« I teased him playful to start with a comfortable tension between us and laughed quietly to maybe make him laugh too and hear his heart-warming laugh again.

However, he only slightly smiled. Even though I would have loved to hear his laughter. His laughter was like a drug to me and that only after a short time. A drug that I tasted in my past, regretted ever tasting it and swore to myself to never taste it again.

»Looks good on you.«

Cassian let his eyes wander through the open room before his sparkling eyes went back to me. No, wrong, they started sparkling as soon as his eyes caught sight of me.

I cleared my throat. Quickly, I tried getting my thoughts back in order and to get a clean mind. At that moment, he wanted to say something but the typical ringtone of skype sounded through the living room. The TV immediately got quieter.

»Hey, Mom. Why are you calling?« Naika asked and looked straight at her laptop screen. Ma!

Apologetic I smiled shortly at Cas before I went behind the too small girl.

»I wanted to see my children and there is my only true child already.«

»Hey, Ma,« I laughed and waved at her happily.

I loved this woman from the depth of my heart. She was kind and had the roll of a mother in my heart. Back then I told her everything about my life and she just listened to me. She didn't judge me or anyone else. She just listened and said at the end, that she understood and pulled me inside a tight hug. That was enough and just in that moment, with that small gesture, she won an unbreakable place in my heart.

»Kyran, darling, I hope everything's fine with you.« Worried, she frowned, and I nodded to calm her down. She didn't need to worry – I wasn't sick. Not like back then.

»Everything's fine, Ma. But say, where is Pa?« Dramatically she sighed and immediately a soft smile appeared on my lips. Caught. I knew it. She took advantage of her lovesick slave. Who was coincidentally her mate.

»He's on the way to get me ice cream.«

»How are you and your baking cheeky devil?«

Wicked she grimaced and lifted threatening her finger. She knew how devilish her children were. And she didn't mince her words. Just May.

»The cheeky devil already sits across from me on the other side of the screen.« While saying that she looked at Naika. I needed to suppress my amused snort, if not the dwarf would have beaten me. »And the other probably isn't far away! This roast is going to be a little angel just like a textbook example!«

We will see, I teased inside my head. I would be careful with those genes. Especially with the devils influence of those siblings.

Smirking, I rolled my eyes and all of a sudden, Toby jumped up. So sudden and hectically that I flinched.

»Mom, are you pregnant again?!« He stormed around the table and forced me to the side, so he was on the screen too.

Seriously now?!

Bewildered, I stared at the brown-haired Canadian. Naika didn't look less shocked. Were they kidding me right now?!

»You two seriously didn't know? Didn't you hear the second heartbeat around Ma?« I said stunned and curled my lips. Did they really ever notice? Or were they just kidding in their own devilish way? But with those brains...

»Well... I... I never heard anything,« Naika mumbled and lowered her head in shock. Clever and sometimes a little bitch but she didn't notice that. Seriously.

Smirking, I tousled her and Toby's hair at the same time and grinned stupidly to myself. We could only hope and pray that the new member of the Ramsay family wouldn't be a cheeky devil. An angel from a textbook example, I prayed for it.

»And should I tell you something?« I teased, and both looked at me with their undivided attention.

Wary looks as if they knew I would do something. Lead them behind the light so I could make fun of them later. But somehow it was like that and I loved teasing my Canadian siblings too much.

»I'm going to be the godfather.«

Proudly I grinned at both of them until Toby screamed out and crossed his arms like a stubborn child that didn't get his way. »But I want to!« he whined. How old was he again?, I laughed inside my head.

»You are the older brother already, that's enough. In addition to that, Kyran is much more responsible than you. I remember that you were the one that forgot grandpa at the park for three hours because you went to the toilet. And with that Kyran has a reason to visit us, even if it's just once a year,« May criticized him.

And just as fast as her words came, she went away. A small tornado – in and out again.

»I'm going to hang up now, my three children. Until next time.«

The screen went dark and the call ended. The still unfinished presentation lit up on the screen.

»I don't understand why Mom likes you more than us,« Naika grumbled. As if they didn't know that.

»Easy,« I said and grinned full of arrogance. »I'm just not a cheeky devil. Just look at me, you can only love me.«

»Hm... Well, I don't like you.«

»Nobody asked you, Fynn.«

I waved the blond boy away who just came into the room. Just as if I wanted to wave away a mosquito or a fly. Annoying insects.

»And I didn't ask you for your permission to answer.«

»Touché.«

Smirking, I rolled my eyes and went over to Cassian who was still waiting for me. The way he looked he watched the whole situation amused.

»Now back to you. What are you doing here?« Not that he bothered me – not at all. But I still wondered.

He frowned for a moment before he started talking after a few seconds. He searched for the correct words. »I wanted to ask if you want to go on a walk.«

Immediately I nodded. As long as I would get away from my math studies, I would take every opportunity. Even the cold that affected me much more than him. But for that I had a much thicker jacket. The cold season in Canada was much colder.

We got into his car and he rolled down one window, so the space didn't feel too small, even though the cold came inside. But like that, I felt much better. And even though the cold came inside I felt warm around my heart because of this gesture of his.

Quietly he put on the radio before he drove off.

»Where are we going?«

»Well, you still owe Emily your soul so you should probably pay off your debt.«

The corners of his lips twitched as he used the words I used the evening of my performance. But he was right. Sooner or later, I need to get over it. If not, she would get my soul. I trusted that she would seriously consider it.

First, we stopped at a shop that sold costumes that I knew from my past. There we bought a pointy head, a fitting wand, a long nose that had a wart and a typical garment for a witch, and of course, a broom. With that much Emi should be satisfied.

And then we stopped in front of the animal shelter which was a little far away from our village. We merely got near the cold looking concrete block and already heard the loud barks of dogs. Loud barks – pleading, sad and angry. So many different kinds that if I could, I would have taken all of them with me.

»Can I help you somehow?« Attentive I looked at the woman that had her hair strictly put back into a bun but didn't appear to be strict at all. Her lips showed a soft smile and her eyes shone and weren't cold or dull.

»I hope so,« I laughed. »I'm looking for a black cat. The type doesn't matter as long as it's black. We already have a cat at home, so they should get along with other cats,« I explained, and the woman nodded thoughtfully.

»I think we have something fitting that description.«

She led Cas and me through the part where all the dogs were and all of them got quiet because they felt Cassian's aura. Through and through an Alpha.

»There we are.«

She showed us a cage in which sat a black cat. Her one eye was in a vigorous sour green – the other one didn't exist – and her fur was deep black. She was perfect. And although I pitied her for only having one eye, she was perfect for Emily.

»She fits the one we would want perfectly.«

Satisfied, the woman nodded and led Cas and I to an office where I checked and signed all the papers and paid before she put the cat into a transportation box and gave her to us.

»Does Emily already have a name?« Cas asked, and I shook my head. »The only concern I have is that she won't like Coffee.«

Worriedly Cas nodded and put his hand on my thigh. Softly he squeezed and sent lightning shocks through my leg even though our skins didn't touch.

»It will work out.«

The trip took a long time and I almost fell asleep.

Happily, I got out of the car when we arrived and carried the box in my arms while Cassian took the clothes for the costume. In a hurry I walked into the living room and saw all my friends gathered together.

»Emi,« I purred brightly, grinning. The dark-skinned girl looked up and tilted her head in confusion.

Carefully I put the box down and lifted the top and immediately a little black head looked over the edge. Loudly the sorceress started squeaking and fell to her knees in front of the boy. Slowly she lifted the cat into her arms and held her there.

»I will call you Witch.«

Cameron on the couch moaned and pulled his legs to his upper body. He seriously hated cats.

[Authors Note]

Do you have a cat? Or any kind of pet?

I have three rabbits :D

"Her highness princess Nessi of Loch Ness" or for short "Nessi". She has a brown-white colored fur and tiny ears because her father was a Hermelin rabbit.
"Sesshomaru", named after one of my favorite animes characters. Maybe someone knows him. Fun fact, my rabbit "Sesshomaru" is white too, just like the anime character.
Sesshomaru and Nessi are siblings, but their body size is really different. The mother was a big dutch rabbit and Sesshomaru got more of her genes than of the tiny father.
And then "Wolke" or in English it would "Cloud". She has a gray-blackish colored fur and well, we don't really know what kind of rabbit she is. We only got her from a friend of a friend that was moving and couldn't take her with him and my friend asked me if we could take her.
Maybe you want to see my three rabbits. I have a instagram account where I post pictures of them from time to time.

Instagram: kate_zchen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.1K 481 19
What if she was consumed by darkness? Can anyone make her see the light?
84.5K 1K 36
Mya Gomez , The hottest woman on earth according to the underground world , she has men lining up for her , or just to be in the same room as her. Sh...
4.1M 126K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...
25.6K 1.4K 21
Greyson an omega who is abused and scared meets Nicholas an omega who has lived a somewhat pampered lifestyle. What happens when they come face to fa...