Pokemon: The Queen of Kalos

By ZenithSSawyer

(Ash x OC) All is well for our heroes, Ash and his friends, continuing on their Kalos journey. However, after... More

Opening Showcase
A Race to Prove Oneself
A Champion and a Blob
Team Rocket!? Again!?
Through the Storm
Reunited Just in Time for a Gym Battle!
The Pledging Tree
A Showcase Debut! Wait...
The Three
So... Many... Pokemon!
Old Friends! If you can call them that...
Pokemon of the Sisters
An Oasis of Surprises!
A Bit of High Voltage for the Soul
Forgetting stuff again? Really!? At least we know more about our not-dead m-
A Disguised Helper!
Trouble on the Other Side
Lumiose: The City of Opportunity- and Disaster!
Sawyers Reunited! Sorta.
Big Skies
House of Memories
Making Our Way!
A Moment of Lumiose Victory
A Concert Beyond Your Wildest Dreams!
Just Smile and Wave!
A Surprise Parting Gift!
Eggs!
Scary House!
A Fashionable Favor!
A Fairy-Type Fray, Part 1
A Fairy-Type Fray, Part 2
A Series of Sharp Cracks!
Raising the Little Ones!
Find Them.
Team Rocket Gets Blasted Off Again
The Battle With Beedrill Boy
Getting Ready for the Big Show!
Baking Contest
Freestyle Round is a Go!
A Familiar Face
Strengths and Weaknesses
A Flowery Meadow!
Troubling Twins!
Friends in Anistar
Teaching Trust!
Triple Tag Battle Madness!
Head vs. Heart
A Late Start and a Warning From the Future!
A Psychic Showdown!
Night Whispers
Caveat of the Stars
Anistar Epilogue
Squishy!
Z
Team Flare is becoming worse than Team Rocket by the minute
A Save, a Call, and the Start of a Battle!
A Battle of Bonds!
Mages and Madness
Quilladin's Battle for Love!
A Little Bit of Teamwork
A Rescue, A Message, and An Embrace!
Ninjas and Old Friends
Welcome (Back) to Ninja Village!
How Much You've Grown: The Brothers Battle!
Hero of the Village!
Under Attack
Chaos and Capturing
Mission Save the Chief!
Victories, Festivals, and Farewells!
A/N!!!
Couriway Showcase!
The Search for Squishy!
The Pyrokinetic and The Girl
Preparing for the Dance!
The Ball! And a Battle!
A Concert For The Ages! And a Family Reunion!
Meetings and New Beginnings!
Ash vs. Sawyer, Rematch!
Early Ambushes and a Blazing Battle!
Miscellaneous Bonus Scenes 1
Zygarde Unrest and the Last Princess Key
Conflict Resolution, Sister Royale Style, and a Shocking Festival!
Constitution of a Transformation
Synchronicity
Former Champion Lends a Hand!
Training, Rivals, Realization
The Family Sawyer
[PLACEHOLDER] An Aether's Paradise, a Family's Sanctuary
100k Special- Meet the Author!
Finally Some Answers... And Even More Questions.
Ice and Snow
Heart to Heart
An Icebreaking Battle!
Master Class at Long Last!
Disaster Strikes
Kalos Calamity

Performing for the Future!

862 13 7
By ZenithSSawyer

"...What!?"

Crystal and Pine gave each other an enthusiastic high-five while the crowd cheered. Shauna looked a little bit disappointed but came over to congratulate them nonetheless; the sisters accepted the praise and complimented her own performance in return.

"You and your Pokemon did a great job, especially for a newer performer. Soon enough, you could be the one standing up to the Kalos Queen!"

"Or perhaps, Kalos Queens," Pine added with an uncharacteristic giggle.

"Thanks! Now, you guys have to win it for the rest of us!"

Crystal saluted. "We'll do our best!"

Meanwhile, Serena held back her tears and, at the first possible moment, ran backstage. Even as people tried to comfort and reassure her, she just pushed them aside until she could lock herself in a stall and be alone.

Her wrist was also really hurting from her injury during the performance. When she finally forced herself out of the stall, she found herself face-to-face with Palermo.

"You did well; I'm impressed you got as far as you did. You definitely followed Zenith's advice and managed to carve out a niche for yourself. I may not be able to take you on as my disciple, but I respect your skill. If you need anything, give me a call. Oh, and please see a doctor about your wrist. You wouldn't want any permanent damage."

Serena was speechless, closing the jaw she didn't know had opened and nodding. She scurried off before she could further embarrass herself and steeled her resolve before approaching most of our heroes. Bonnie waved when she saw Serena approaching.

"Nice job performing, Serena!"

Clemont looked her over. "Is your wrist okay?"

Ash gave her a nod. "You did your best and made it almost to the end. You've really come a long way, Serena. And that's coming from someone who used to think showcases were a waste of time."

She just sat down with a huff, wanting to get the rest of the show over with already.

At the same time, Zenith was busy preparing for her own performance. Although she put her all into each and every one, her showcase at Master Class was the most important. As many Pokemon as the performers wanted could be used, so she was getting ready with three of her teammates and the additional Star.

Crystal and Pine rushed off to get their teammates for the finale. Palermo visited them as well, congratulating her twin protegees for their performance and advising them before going up against Zenith. Soon enough after the brief intermission, it was time for the show everyone was waiting for.

Monsieur Pierre was grinning as he took center stage once more. "Everyone in the audience, and all our online viewers, it's finally time for the final round of this year's Master Class. Give a warm welcome to our competitors: you know them, you love them, and it's certainly a sibling rivalry to behold! Reigning Kalos Queen Zenith, and the challengers, Crystal and Pine!"

Shadow was the first to speak up in cheers. "THOSE ARE MY SISTERS! KICK SOME ASS FOR ME YOU GUYS!"

All three of her sisters visibly cringed on stage, laughing and shaking their heads at their fellow quadruplet's behavior.

When the crowd quieted down and Zenith had stepped aside to give her opponents the stage, Monsieur Pierre continued. "First up, we have the challengers. Crystal and Pine!"

All the lights shut off except two spotlights, one on each sister. They stood back to back like before, but this time, their eyes were closed. Vapor and Leafy matched their trainers, sitting serenely and still on their heads.

Suddenly, the spotlights also shut off, leaving the performance hall in total darkness. Crystal slowly opened her eyes, which glowed a bright aqua blue. Pine followed suit, her eyes glowing green. It only lasted a moment. Both of them shut their eyes as the lights came back on, and when they opened them again, like nothing happened, they were back to normal.

(Zenith froze, and the words and visions from an ominous psychic vision returned to the forefront of her mind. But before she could worry, it was showtime.)

"Vapor, Aqua Ring!" A shiny and transparent ring of water appeared in the background. "Baby-Doll Eyes!" A glowing eye appeared in the middle of the ring, casting soft light onto the stage and hypnotizing charm onto the crowd. "Scald!"

"Leaf Blade!" As Crystal and Pine danced along the floor, Leafeon raced over to where the beam of steaming hot water was aimed, slicing it to pieces and causing it all to evaporate. "Bullet Seed!" Then, Leafy shot a series of grassy projectiles toward the Aqua Ring and glowing eye, the first four going through while the fifth caused it to dissipate into mist. Both Eeveelutions jumped onto their trainers' heads. The two performers danced along, with their Pokemon on their heads, while Charizard and Dragonite performed an aerial ballet together.

"Both of you, Water Gun on Leafy!" Crystal pointed to Pine and her Leafeon.

Two twin beams of water raced toward Leafeon as her trainer easily reacted. "X-Scissor and Air Slash!" Charizard flapped its gray and red wings, causing both jets to be sent into the air, while Leafy elegantly leapt into the air and slashed them with an energy sword, which was held its mouth.

"Scale Shot!" Dragonite twirled and sent a barrage of projectiles across the stage.

"Twister!" Pine's shiny Charizard created a tornado out of Dragon-Type energy that lifted all of them into the air, sending the scales into a dance of their own around the performers. "Flare Blitz!"

"Protect!" Crystal and Pine, with Vapor and Leafy in tow, jumped onto the transparent platforms that appeared in the air around them, while Charizard dove through the Twister wreathed in flames to turn the indigo storm into a blazing red, orange, and yellow one. "Dual Wingbeat! Vapor, Aqua Ring and Baby-Doll Eyes!"

Dragonite flew in after it as a new creation appeared over the stage, just above her platform. Unlike last time where the eye had sat inside the loop of water, this time the Aqua Ring served as the eye's iris, the liquid constantly circulating to create a glowing blue eye.

"Leafy, Leaf Blade! Charizard, Solar Beam!" A glowing sun appeared over Pine's platform as Charizard reappeared behind her trainer, while Leafy used Grass-Type energy to turn it a glowing green. From the audience's perspective, it was as if a pair of mis-matched eyes had appeared in midair: one blue, one green.

Pine and Leafy hopped onto Charizard's back, while Crystal and Vapor did the same to Dragonite's when the golden Dragon-Type reemerged from the twister.

"Flare Blitz and Solar Beam! Iron Tail!"

"Water Gun! Scald!"

The sisters soared across the stage and spun around one another once before both crashing through their respective glowing aerial displays, causing glittering particles, water droplights, and light to be dispersed everywhere. Then, as they continued flying, they began to chase one another around the twister, before both suddenly entering it and it exploded into wind energy, sparkles, and smoke.

When the air cleared, both sisters were on the ground posing, breathing heavily, with their four Pokemon around them.

"All done!"

The audience exploded into cheers at their performance.

~

Backstage, Zenith smiled at the monitor. They've worked so hard these past few years, overcoming challenges, becoming successful, and trying to follow in my footsteps. I couldn't be prouder of them... but that doesn't mean I can hand them my throne. After everything it took for me to get here, and everything it takes to keep this crown... I'm not going down without a fight. I've climbed every mountain, faced every challenge; I'm positive that my experiences won't fail me now.

She watched her sisters warmly receiving all the praise on the stage.

Do you two really want my position? Fine. Then show me you can handle it.

She clenched her fists as she was consumed by a flashback...

~

"You'll never amount to anything! You'll always be the weak girl you are now!" Mohn sneered at a young, 5-year-old version of Shadow, who was in tears.

"Hey! Don't talk to her like that!" Young Zenith stepped in front of her sister, fury in her eyes even though she was afraid. It only took five minutes for her to be on the floor with a black eye and a bloody lip. No matter how hard she tried, the winds wouldn't push him away. It was a miracle he didn't shock her with lightning or set off another hurricane.

Mohn stood over her with disgust all over his face. Even using his boot to roll her over caused him to glare and pull back. "Just as useless as your mother. Even your powers are pathetic." He delivered a sharp kick to her abdomen, and she could do nothing but shriek and writhe on the ground. "Freak. It's time you learn your lesson."

~

Tears threatened to escape her eyes as she refocused on the present.

No. I won't go down without a fight. I might have failed as a sister back then, but I won't fail again. I've grown into someone who can protect, but also someone who can trust and believe in the people I love. Regardless of what that poor excuse for a man said. I'll give them a battle to remember, no matter the outcome! Her eyes shown with determination, and she collected herself as she left the backstage area.

With one last deep breath, Zenith walked onto the stage with her Pokemon at her side: Glacey and Espy, her first partner Gardevoir, and of course, Star. They were each dressed up to match her outfit, as elegant and angelic as their trainer.

"Now, defending her title, Lady Zenith!"

"Gardevoir, Light Screen!" A blank white canvas appeared behind her. "Ice Beam!" Zenith ran back and slid her hand along the white screen. Glacey jumped up and sprayed frost onto it, where the ice crystals turned into pale blue snowflakes on the painting. "Morning Sun!" Espy levitated up, as if gliding through the air, and the orb on her forehead began to glow, creating a glowing sun near the top. "Moonblast!" Half the sun became a glowing white moon. "Misty Terrain!" A beautiful environment made mostly out of pink and purple hues filled in the rest of the picture, depicting a cherry blossom tree sitting on a hill overlooking a town. "Swift!" Stars filled the sky around the half-sun half-moon, the sky split between day and night. "Dazzling Gleam!" Espy's orb glowed again, creating sparkles that both rained down on the audience and assimilated with the painting.

Zenith did a waltz-like dance with Gardevoir as her partner, with Espeon doing flips above, Star running across her shoulders, and Glaceon skating across the floor around them. The large painting became the background they performed in front of.

"Swift again!" Star jumped onto Zenith's head and shot stars at the audience. "Now, Iron Tail!" She then jumped off and smashed her tail on the stars, one by one. They turned into glitter as they rained down on the audience. Star landed back by Zenith, locking eyes with her trainer, the both of them grinning.

Then, a brilliant light enveloped the shiny partner Eevee. Zenith's other Pokemon continued to dance, but Zenith herself paused, watching the sudden change the silver-furred Pokemon underwent...

...

...?

Or should I say, the blue- and white-furred Pokemon. When the light subsided, Star had become a baby blue, white, and magenta Sylveon, her ribbons reaching out to hold Zenith's wrist. She was also larger than a normal Sylveon, and her butterfly-esque bows resembled hearts.

In stride and with ease, Star began to dance, and Zenith followed suit after a moment of mental recovery. They both turned to the canvas, and Zenith called out some rather strange words.

"Sparkly Swirl! Glitzy Glow!" Pink energy of both Fairy-Type and Psychic-Type varieties flew out in every direction, glitter and soft glowing light covering the stage. Then, "Zephyr Zen!" A sudden breeze blew through the building, the wind wrapping around and lifting Star into the air. Her ribbons formed a heart shape in the air before a huge gust of wind blew onto the canvas, causing a huge explosion of color and rainbow glitter. "Gardevoir, Light Screen!"

Before she could fall, Star landed safely on a translucent platform in the air.

"Psyshock!" Both Espy and Gardevoir heeded her call, all of them lifting into the air in a practiced arrangement as they reproduced a mystical ritual dance from the time of the mages- not that any of the audience except people at the Paradise would recognize it. "Misty Terrain!" The stage turned pink. "Aurora Veil!" A chilly fog swept through, filling the air with snowflakes and tiny pink ice crystals. "Now, Signal Beam!"

Both Espy and Glacey cast rays outward, cutting through the haze to draw a huge impromptu tiara in the air above the stage.

"Heal Bell!"

A calming chime sound rang out, causing all the haze, mist, fog, sparkles, and everything else onstage to disperse into the crowd. When it cleared up, everyone could see Zenith standing on the Light Screen in the air surrounded by her Pokemon, with the newly evolved Star spread between her shoulders forming a heart with her ribbons in the air, Gardevoir mimicking her trainer's pose, and Espy and Glacey flanking her sides with their heads tilted toward the sky.

"And that's... all!" Zenith was positively beaming, and also panting. She performed a small twirl and reached her quivering hand toward the sky as her final pose.

It was an understatement to say the audience roared. Of course, there were people who thought Star's evolution was planned and thought it was a cheap way to win votes, but a majority of people acknowledged the convenient but ultimately coincidental timing as just another reason that Zenith made the perfect Kalos Queen.

The lights faded to black for a moment, allowing Zenith and her Pokemon to return to the ground. When they came back on, she and her team were on one side of the stage, while Pine, Crystal, and their Pokemon were on the other side. Both her sisters were grinning widely, especially at Star's new form; they were all so proud of each other.

"Cast your votes now!" Monsieur Pierre announced from the middle of the stage.

People all over Kalos, and even outside it in the case of the Paradise, began to vote. Colored wands and lights were raised all through the audience, and they were neck-in-neck.

It felt like forever as the votes were being sent in and counted, until finally...

"And the winner is..." Monsieur Pierre suddenly faltered- something very few people had seen before. Zenith glanced at him curiously, when he uttered, "It's... a tie?"

Before Zenith could even process that information, which was as unheard of in the history of Master Class as a shiny partner Sylveon was in the history of Pokemon evolution, an earth-shattering BOOM! sounded, and Zenith found herself- utterly dumbstruck- staring across the showcase hall at her nemeses and the one Pokemon she hoped they'd never get their hands on.

No... A decade later and they're finally here to get their revenge...!

She couldn't breathe, only stare in horror at that red-haired, lion-eyed, dead-hearted man and the legendary serpentine beside him.

"Ly...sandre! Z2! TEAM FLARE!"

~

:)

-Zenith

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 152 17
After conquering the Unova region, Ash Ketchum sets foot in Kalos, known as the 'region of love.' With his loyal partner and friends by his side, he...
402K 8.9K 96
Champion Leon Will Be Ready, The People All Around The World Will Bear Witness, When Champion Of Alola And Alolan Queen Will Fight Side By Side...
54.7K 1.1K 24
Ash Ketchum is a man of many secrets he is The Unknown Champion of Alola, An Aura Guardian and A Psychic, and The Secret Prince of The Kingdom Of Rot...
101K 2.2K 104
It's been 6 months since Ash has lost the Kalos League and he still feels like something is missing or someone. After a talk with an old Friend he fi...