Chemistry Partners

Par -mayraaa

High School student Zoe is dreading going off to college soon. All she wants to do is finish off high school... Plus

Welcome
Cast List
Chapter 1: Married Couple
Chapter 2: Boys Have Cooties
Chapter 4: Cookie Monster
Chapter 5: Matching Friendship Tattoos
Chapter 6, Part 1: New Guy
Chapter 6, Part 2: Graffiti
Chapter 7: Thanksgiving Break
Chapter 8: Thanksgiving Dinner
Chapter 9: Sarson For Life
Chapter 10: He's A Keeper
Chapter 11: Skipping
Chapter 12: Kisses & Mistakes
Chapter 13: Brayden's Back
Chapter 14: Employees Only
Chapter 15: Revenge
Chapter 16: Scavenger Hunt
Chapter 17: Christmas
Chapter 18: Stars & Kisses
Chapter 19: Tutor
Chapter 20: Yes or No
Chapter 21: Date Night
Chapter 22: Making Out
Chapter 23: Terrible Day
Chapter 24: Accidents Happen
Chapter 25: Unconscious
Chapter 26: Wake Up, Gorgeous
Chapter 27: Awake
Chapter 28: Graduation
Epilogue: New Beginnings
Last Author's Note
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2

Chapter 3: New Friend

2K 78 23
Par -mayraaa

Rewritten: 12/30/16

z o e

Wednesday

I grimaced as soon as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked horrendous. My makeup from last night was smudged all over my face and my hair decided to have its own party somewhere up there. At this point, I shouldn't even be surprised.

Sighing, I turn on the water to take a shower quickly and then get dressed for school.

15 minutes later, dressed and ready for the day, I grab my school bag, putting in my notebooks and folders inside before throwing it over my shoulder. I take my phone off the charger, shove on my shoes before going down the stairs to the kitchen.

Rummaging through the pantry, I grab a granola bar, ripping open the package. Walking to the fridge, I grab a water bottle from the fridge. Shoving it in my backpack, I grab my car keys, running out the door, locking it.

I run to my car, seeing as I'm going to be late and I can't afford to get another tardy. I shove the key in the keyhole, before stepping on the break.

I soon make it to school with ten minutes to spare. I pick my backpack, getting out, slamming the door shut. I make my way to the front of the school, entering.

Putting in the combination to my locker, I put my backpack in my locker, taking out what I needed and leaving what I didn't need.

My first class of the day is Power Reading which is basically a reading and writing class and I enjoy it a lot. Even though reading isn't something I like doing first thing in the morning, the class is easy and the teacher isn't too annoying, which is good since it's 7 in the morning and dealing with irritating teachers is not something anyone wants.

I shut my locker, making my way to the class. I set my stuff down, taking a seat. I also had this class with Naomi and today it seemed she was coming in late.

The bell rang, as the rest of the class rushed into the classroom, taking their seats. Naomi quickly rushed in behind a blonde haired guy as she speed walked to her desk which was next to me.

"Oh gosh! I woke up late and had to rush to school." Naomi huffed, taking a seat next to me. I chuckle.

"Good morning class." Ms. Hall said, setting her stuff on the desk. She held up a stack of paper, "I hope everyone read the book I assigned them because you all have a test on it on Friday." She smiles, as she starts passing out the papers to everyone. "This is the study guide and if you turn it in on Friday, I'll give you extra credit." She informs us.

I take a look at the paper, looking at the questions. Okay... not bad. Getting extra credit is always helpful.

"You have the rest of the class period. You may work with a partner. Don't cause a disruption. Okay, have fun!"

I turn to look at Naomi, "Have you finished reading it?" I ask her as she nods her head.

"Yeah, it was an okay book, other than the fact that I needed a freaking dictionary next to me to understand half the words," Naomi grumbled.

I laugh, nodding my head. "I know. Those were some big words."

Ms. Hall assigned us the book Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. It was a good read but hard to understand.

"Let's get started. I really don't feel like having homework tonight." Naomi told me as I nod my head, agreeing.

We get to work, answering what we remembered and looking up what we forgot.

---

I enter my math class, walking to my seat which was in the back. I hate math. I never liked it and the subject itself never liked me. We have calculators and the internet for a reason.

"Okay class, take out your textbook and partner up with the person to your right. " Mr. McNeil's loud voice boomed. "Finish page 253 together and turn it in."

Turning to my right, I realize no one sits next to me. Okay, great!

"What if no ones next to me?" Someone said in front of me.

"Zoe, do you have a partner?" Mr. McNeil said as I shake my head no. "Problem solved, Joe. You two are partners." He said, clapping his hands. "Now get to work! It's due by the end of class."

Joe, my partner, got up, taking the seat next to me. "Hey, I'm Joe."

"Zoe." I introduce myself.

"Okay, cool, so, do you happen to understand any of this?" He asks me sheepishly.

I grimace, "Not really, just... some of it." I answered.

"Okay, well, I understand some of it too, let's see if we can actually do this."

10 minutes left of class and the only thing Joe and I did was talk about anything we could. Okay, so maybe half the conversation was about how much we hated math but hey, I made a new friend.

---

One more hour till lunch. That was the only thing that kept me going.

"Zoe!" Naomi shouts as she runs up to my locker, "ready to go to Chemistry?" she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

I didn't question why she was running. Sometimes you just gotta let Naomi be Naomi.

I roll my eyes, "Oh shut up," I laugh knowing exactly what she was thinking. She snickers.

"You're sitting next to a good looking person and his two good looking friends behind you. How can you not be happy?"

"Hmm, maybe because it doesn't matter?" I suggest, raising an eyebrow.

She groans, "Whatever,"

The two of us enter the classroom. "I gotta go talk to the teacher about my grade, I'll talk to you later, yeah?" Naomi tells me as I nod my head.

"Yeah." I head over to my seat, putting my stuff down.

Carson slides into the seat, "So, a little birdie told me you had dinner with the Matthews family."

I quirk an eyebrow, slowly nodding my head. "Um.. yeah, how'd you know?" I say, "Did Sean gossip to you guys?" I tease.

Sean somehow appears next to Carson, butting into the conversation, "I did not gossip, I was simply talking. Wait, I never even told Carson. I told Mason." Sean frowns, looking confused. "Dude, did you stalk me? And get out of my seat."

Carson gasps, getting out of his seat, as he replies. "Hey! And, no, I did not stalk you. I have a life you know. And, why the hell would I want to stalk you? My brother was introducing his girlfriend to us and you guys happened to be there too."

Sean shrugs his shoulders, "I'm still going to go with the fact that you are now stalking me."

Carson sent him a glare, muttering something about a stupid idiot friend.

I chuckle quietly.

---

My eyes skimmed the books on the shelf, looking for a specific book that I could not seem to find.

Seeing as I only had a couple more minutes till lunch, I decided to grab a random book and try it out, see if I liked it or not. I did this quite often. If I couldn't find a book I wanted, I grab a random one, read it and then decide if it's worth reading or not.

I pluck a random book off the shelf and walk to the library desk where the librarian sat, checking in books.

I stand in line behind the person and wait for my turn.

"Zoe?" A familiar voice said as I turned around to the sound. I smile.

"Hi, Joe." I greeted.

He smiles back in return, "What book are you checking out?"

I shrugged my shoulders, as I looked down at the book in my hand, "Um... The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton."

Joe grins, "That's a really good book."

I raise an eyebrow, "I just randomly picked it out." I laugh slightly. "I'm hoping it's a good book, I read the back."

"It is."

Soon I get my book checked out and leave the library with Joe next to me.

"Lunch time for you?" I asked him as he nodded his head.

"Yeah, usually get a bag of chips and then walk around the school." He told me.

I nod. "Well, would you like to sit with me and my friend?" I asked him.

Joe stayed quiet for a few seconds before slowly nodding. "Sure, I guess."

I smile. "Her names Naomi and she's very nice."

"I'll take your word for it." I laughed.

The two of us get our lunch and walk to the table I usually sit with Naomi. Naomi was already there by the time I got there with Joe.

"Naomi, this is Joe, Joe that's Naomi."

Naomi grins. "Hey, Joe! Nice to meet you."

Joe smiles back. "Nice to meet you too."

The three of us make dumb, pointless conversations while eating our disgusting school lunch.

"So, are you going to eat those?" I asked Naomi after a while, staring at the green grapes in her tray. I already ate mine and I wanted more. Green grapes were good, the purple ones were terrible.

Naomi sighs, giving her grapes to me. "You better give me something in return."

I grin, "Thank you, you're the best! And what more could you want? You have my love."

Naomi smirks, "That's not enough."

"And I thought we were friends." I sarcastically reply as she beams in return.

Out of nowhere, Carson sat down next to Naomi, followed by Mason who sat next to Joe and Sean who sat next to me, pushing me to the middle so he was now on the edge of the bench.

"Hey!"

"Ooh, a cookie!" I slapped the hand that was about to take the cookies on my tray. "Ow! Violent!" Carson exclaims, frowning.

"Never take a girls food." Joe said, "That's like asking for a death wish."

Mason snickered, "Right? My sister hates when I do that."

"Jeez, okay, I'm sorry," Carson grumbles, looking at me with a frown on his face.

I smile brightly at him. "Hi, Carson!"

Carson scowls at me, "You don't get to act happy anymore."

"Why not?"

"Because you're mean and you don't share."

"Don't you know the saying 'sharing is caring'?" Naomi butts in, looking amused.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't." I shrug.

"Where is  this conversation even going?" Mason butts in, looking confused but highly amused.

Sean answers, "Who knows. It's a pointless conversation, though."

"Why are you guys sitting here?" Naomi asks, looking confused.

"Because it's a free country and I can sit wherever I want." Carson smiles answering her question.

Naomi rolled her eyes in response.

♡♡

Author's Note: lol zoe and joe, aka the suggs, and i love them. haha i don't know why i didn't notice this earlier.

xoxo - Mayyy

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

Lucent Par ads ¡¡

Roman pour Adolescents

174K 3.9K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
1.1M 37.8K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...