Blink and you'll miss it

Por Tonkatsu__

Hi. It me the author. I like RWBY, I also like reading fan fiction. Figured I'd try it out my self. I did thi... Más

Bio
Prologue
Chapter 1: Not so Little Red... Scythe...
Chapter 2: Making friends?
Chapter 3: WOOO SLEEP OVER!
Chapter 4: Falling very very fast!
Chapter 5: Tis but a scratch!
Chaoter 6: Pieces in play
Chapter 7: A new team
Chapter 8: One of the boys
Chapter 9: One of the boys pt2
Chapter 10: True strength
Filler: Surprise!
Chapter 11: Not something to be ashamed of
Chapter 12: I'm sorry.
Vol. 2 Chapter 1: FOOOOOD FIIIIIGHT!!
Vol. 2 Chapter 2: Just say it...
Vol. 2 Chapter 3: Plans in motion
Vol. 2 Chapter 4: The plan falls apart
Vol. 2 Chapter 5: Unrequitted
Message from me to you
Vol. 2 Chapter 6: A moment of rest
Vol. 2 Chapter 7: The night they remember
Vol. 2 Chapter 8: The coolest History teacher in... history...
Vol. 2 Chapter 9: Never a dull moment...
Vol. 2 Chapter 10: For Vale
Filler: Boys night
Vol 3 Chapter 1: Fight
Vol. 3 Chapter 2: Family
Vol. 3 Chapter 3: The question
Vol. 3 Chapter 4: Fairy tale.
Vol. 3 chapter 5: The night they want to forget
Vol. 4 Chapter 0: A rough patch.
Vol. 4 Chapter 1: Life goes on
Vol. 4 chapter 2: The long road
Vol. 4 Chapter 3: Rogue Encounter
Vol. 4 Chapter 4: Savior
Vol. 4 Chapter 5: For myself
Vol. 5 Chapter 1: Mistral
Vol. 5 Chapter 2: Huh?
Vol. 5 Chapter 3: But at what cost?
Vol. 5 Chapter 4: Almost whole again.
Vol. 5 Chapter 5: Early bird
Vol. 5 Chapter 6: First blood
Vol. 5 Chapter 7: Hate
Vol. 5 Chapter 8: For Haven
Vol. 5 Chapter 9: The hardest battle yet
Vol. 6 Chapter 1: Motherfuckin Grimm on this Motherfuckin Train!!
Vol. 6 Chapter 2: Long way
Vol. 6 chapter 3: Side quest begins
Vol. 6 Chapter 4: What are we doing
Vol. 6 Chapter 5: IS THAT THE GRIM REAPER?!
Vol. 6 Chapter 6: High tension
Vol. 6 Chapter 8: Operation Yoink
Vol. 6 Chapter 9: Brothers
Vol. 7 Chapter 1: A warm welcome

Vol. 6 Chapter 7: Reconciliation

631 15 6
Por Tonkatsu__

Jaune: "Oscar!"

Jaune, Ren, Nora, and Saphron are walking down a sidewalk at night, frantically calling out for Oscar.

Nora: (calling out) "Oscar?"

Ren: "This city's enormous, he could've gone anywhere."

Jaune: "This is all my fault... I overreacted."

Saphron: "I still don't really understand what happened. Was it about the mission?"

Nora: "It's... kind of hard to talk about."

Saphron: "I know, I know, 'top secret'. Did he... do something wrong?"

Jaune: "No... he didn't. We just got some new information and... it's going to be a lot harder than we thought."

Saphron: "I mean, if it was easy, then it wouldn't be important. Right?"

Ren: "I think we're all just a bit unsure of what to do next."

Saphron: "You could... stay in Mistral, get your licenses at Haven, and come back to Argus. There's a lot of good you can do here. I know your mission is important, but it's not like you're the only ones who can do it. It's not the only mission that needs doing."

Jaune: "It's... not that simple."

Saphron lingers a bit behind while Jaune, Ren and Nora walk forward, before turning around to look back at her.

Saphron: "Well, uh... I should go pick up Adrian from daycare. I'll let Terra know what's happened, and we'll meet you later. Good luck."

The three Team JNPR members watch Saphron leave before looking down sadly.

Nora: "Hey, there's a cafe over there. Why don't we get something to warm up?"

Jaune: "I'm okay. You two go on ahead."

Ren and Nora watch Jaune walk away with sad looks on their faces. Jaune takes a seat on a nearby bench.

Nora: "You don't want anything?"

She and Ren then exchange a brief glance.

Ren: "We'll be right back."

Ren and Nora walk away, leaving Jaune alone. Jaune keeps his head down while the wind blows, and a dried maple leaf flies in in front of Jaune. He notices this and follows the maple leaf as it flies in the wind. Jaune follows the leaf into a nearby park. Looking up from the leaf he sees the bronze statue standing in the center of the park. Upon closer look, there was already someone there standing by the statue.

(Y/n) turned his head at the sound of footsteps to see who was approaching.

(Y/n): "Hey."

Jaune: "Hey..."

(Y/n): (turning back around) "Found this a little earlier."

Jaune slowly walks up to stand a beside (Y/n) a couple feet away. Looking down he also reads the inscription at the base.

After a short time of silence someone speaks to them both.

???: "It's really beautiful, isn't it?"

Both boys turn their heads toward the voice To the left. There stands a red haired woman with glasses and beautiful green eyes, wearing a brown coat and holding a bouquet of red flowers in her arms.

(Y/n): "Yeah..."

Jaune: "Yeah... uh, why here?"

Red-Haired Woman: "She trained here, Sanctum Academy. Everyone was crushed when she chose Beacon over Haven. No one wanted to see her go, but... it was where she wanted to be. I'm just glad she was surrounded by such amazing people."

She looks over to both boys as she finishes.

Jaune looks to the woman with a surprised look on his face. Tears start to well up in his eyes. (Y/n) isn't faring much better, his lower lip quivers slightly before he looks away to hide his face. His teeth are grit and his eyes squeezed shut, trying to fight back the tears. He reaches up and touches Pyrrha's cloth.

Jaune: "She should be standing here..."

Red-Haired Woman: "She is."

Both boys look at her in confusion.

Red-Haired Woman: "She understood that she had a responsibility... to try. I don't think she would regret her choice, because a Huntress would understand that there really wasn't a choice to make. And a Huntress is what she always wanted to be."

Jaune turns to face the woman.

(Y/n) looked to the ground. They looked so similar that it hurt.

Jaune: "Pyrrha never got the chance to graduate... But she was a Huntress."

He smiles at her.

The woman smiles as tears start to well up in her eyes.

Red-Haired Woman: (wiping a tear) "Thank you."

Nora: "Jaune?"

Jaune turns toward the voice to see Nora and Ren searching for him holding hot drinks in their hands. The two notice (Y/n) and Jaune and walk over toward them. When Jaune looks back at the woman she's gone, the flowers she held left at the foot of the statue.

Nora: "Jaune, why did you—"

Nora goes wide eyed and gasps.

Nora and Ren look up and notice the statue of their old friend. (Y/n) silently turns back to the statue so the team can have their moment.

Jaune: "I'm sorry. I've been a terrible leader, and a terrible friend, and I—"

Ren: "Jaune, this has to stop."

Nora: "We... heard what you said to Cinder, at Haven. You're not being fair to yourself. We love you, just like we loved Pyrrha. We're teammates, family."

Ren: "We don't want to lose you too."

Jaune ponders his friends words before looking back up to Pyrrha's statue.

Jaune: "I think... I think she knew she wasn't going to win. That she might not come out alive. But... she also knew she was the only one that could try."

Ren: "So she did."

Nora: "Maybe we should too."

Jaune: "Yeah, we should."

The three smile as they look up at the statue together.

Nora: "Pyrrha may not be by our side anymore, but we can fight like she is."

Jaune: "And in a way... she will be."

Nora hands Jaune a hot drink.

Ren: "We should check back in at the house. Come on."

Nora: "(Y/n), you comin?"

He hasn't moved, he doesn't even turn around to face them.

(Y/n): "Uh... yah, can I talk to Jaune for a bit?"

Nora and Ren look to Jaune and smile a little before walking out of the park.

Nora: "We'll wait by the exit."

Jaune walks back toward (Y/n) who's still looking at the statue. There's a very awkward silence.

Jaune: "So... what's up?"

(Y/n): "I wanted to apologize... for earlier."

Jaune: "Eh, it's ok... I was being stupid... I'm sorry for hitting you."

(Y/n): "Don't worry, you still hit like a girl."

He says as he still has a bruise on his face.

Jaune: (snorts) "I don't think she would be happy to hear you say that."

Jaune gestures his head to the statue.

(Y/n): (chuckles) "No, no she wouldn't. She'd probably kick both our asses for how we acted. Me twice as hard for what I just said."

They both chuckle nervously before returning to standing infront of the statue in another awkward silence. It felt like Pyrrha was judging them heavily.

(Y/n) rubs the back of his neck.

(Y/n): "Listen, Jaune. I really am sorry about earlier, I know it's not an excuse but, things have been stressful lately... I didn't mean to yell like that. I lashed out at the first chance I got. It was stupid."

Jaune: "Yah, me too. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lashed out at you either, it's not your fault, or Oscar's... It's just... hard, knowing that everything might be for nothing..."

(Y/n) frowns.

(Y/n): "Yah... We almost gave up when we got separated... After learning the truth of what Ozpin was hiding, it just felt like every sacrifice was for nothing..."

Jaune: "Yah..."

They stare at the statue for a long moment. (Y/n)'s expression darkens as he looks down at the ground, his hair casting a shadow over his eyes.

(Y/n): "I failed her..."

Jaune: "..."

(Y/n): "It was my job to keep her safe and I couldn't even do that... I chose the selfish option I got worried about Blake when I should have stayed to protect her like I was supposed to maybe if I was there to help her I just I—"

Jaune cuts off (Y/n)'s rambling by slapping him in the back of the head.

(Y/n): "Ow! What the hell?!"

(Y/n) snaps his head over to a smug looking Jaune.

Jaune: "'First off cut the whole woe is me crap it's pissing me off.'"

Jaune smirks at finally being able to get back at (Y/n) with that line. (Y/n)'s visible eye twitches at having that line used against him.

Jaune: "Second aren't you supposed to be the level headed one?"

(Y/n): "Dude, you're literally the team strategist! And technically my head isn't 'level' anymore since ye know."

He points to his covered eye and makes a popping noise with his mouth.

Jaune: (rolls eyes) "You know that's not what I meant."

They both laugh a little.

(Y/n): "Pyrrha never gave up, and neither are we. Right?"

Jaune: "Not a chance."

They smile at the statue once more.

(Y/n) raises his fist to Jaune. Jaune looks slowly and raises his fist to meet (Y/n)'s

They bump fists and grin widely.

(Y/n): "Thanks, for slapping me out of that."

Jaune: "Anytime. I have a lot to get back at you for."

They both chuckle at that.

Nora: "Soooo... you guys are good now?"

Nora and Ren peak their heads out from behind a nearby bush with happy smiles. Seeming to have been spying this whole time.

Jaune: "Yah, (turns to (Y/n)) sometimes brothers fight, that's all."

(Y/n)'s face brightens happily at that statement.
.
.
.
Meanwhile

Ruby looks down with a disapproving look on her face.

Yang: "I've never seen him this bad."

Ruby, along with the rest of Team RWBY and Maria, stare at a clearly drunk and passed out Qrow on some stairs leading up to the house.

Ruby: "Come on, let's get him up."

The two sisters grab their uncle's arms and sit him up. Qrow groans and rubs his eyes.

Qrow: "Why am I on the stairs?"

Ruby: "Probably because no one's home, Uncle Qrow. We've been out looking for Oscar."

Qrow: "Oscar?"

(Y/n): "Oh god damnit dad!"

They all turn to see Jaune, Ren, Nora, (Y/n), as well as Saphron and Terra, who is holding Adrian in her arm, walking towards them. The two mothers look at Qrow.

Terra: (sarcastic) "I'm sure this looks great to the neighbors."

(Y/n): "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!"

(Y/n) bows at the waist repeatedly to their hosts, as he tries to apologize for Qrow's actions.

Saphron lightly elbows her wife while Jaune and his teammates walk up to the group.

Ren: "No luck?"

Blake: "No, you?"

Jaune: "Don't worry, we aren't going to Atlas without him."

Ruby: "We?"

The three Team JNPR members share a smile.

Jaune: (to Saphron) "Sorry we won't be staying."

Saphron: (smirking) "No you're not."

Terra: "How about we get out of the cold?"

The door to the house is heard opening. Everyone gasps in shock as a familiar voice is heard.

Oscar: "Oh, I was wondering when you'd get back."

Oscar Pine stands at the doorway, sporting a new fancy green coat.

Everyone: "OSCAR!!"

Nora screams in joy as Oscar initially has a confused look on his face, and then one of complete terror as the the students all leap forward and tackle hug him. Now inside the house, Ruby helps Oscar up as everyone shares a laugh.

Weiss: "You had us worried sick!"

Ruby: "Are you okay?"

Nora: (grinning) "What are you wearing?"

Oscar: (smiles and rubs the back of his head) "Uh..."

The rest of the group steps into the house.

Terra: "Is something cooking?"

Oscar: "Oh, uh, yeah. I thought you guys would appreciate a hot meal after... spending all day looking for me, apparently."

Jaune: "It's my fault we were all out there in the first place. Oscar, I am so sorry for earlier. I was way, way out of line, and what I said—"

Oscar: "No, it's okay. These past few days, I've been scared of the same things you were. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be... me. But I did some thinking, and I do know that I want to do everything I can to help with whatever time I have left."

Jaune: (smiles) "Good. This team isn't the same without you, Oscar."

Everyone shares a smile. Suddenly, a smoke alarm goes off.

Oscar: (gasps) "The casserole!"

Saphron: (giggles) "We're on it, chef."

Saphron and Terra step into the kitchen to take care of Oscar's cooking.

Ruby: "Uh, combat gear looks good."

Ruby and Oscar share a smile. Then, the group notice Qrow walking up the stairs.

Ruby: (sternly) "Where are you going now?"

Qrow: "I don't want to get in the way of your celebration."

(Y/n): "Really? You disappear for a whole day and won't even sit with us?"

Qrow: "Look, I'm tired alright? Look at us, we're stuck here (Y/n). So unless you have any brilliant ideas, I'm going to bed."

Qrow turns back around to head up the stairs.

Jaune: "Actually, I think I have an idea."

Qrow stops and turns to face the blonde. Everyone else turns to look at him.

Jaune: "But... it's sort of a 'no-going-back' idea."

Ruby: "Well, let's hear it."

Jaune: "With Cordo on watch, only Atlas airships have the clearance to leave for Solitas. So... we... steal an Atlas Airship."

He shrugs nervously, trying to lessen the weight of his own plan.

Everyone is shocked, they look like a deer in the headlights. Adrian giggles in Maria's arm.

(Y/n): "I'm down."

Weiss: "What?! That's not just breaking the law. That's... that's definitely worse."

Yang: "How would we even get onto the airfield?"

Jaune: "That part I haven't quite figured out yet. But I-"

(Y/n): "Uh, hello?"

(Y/n) waves one of his black Kunai in the air. Getting to places without being caught was kind of his whole deal.

Qrow: "Okay, stop. Just... stop! Look, if this thing goes south, it's not something we can just fight our way out of. This is the Atlas Military we're talking about."

He lets out a long and tired sigh.

Qrow: "For your sake, just drop this."

Everyone looks down with discouraged looks on their faces. Ruby notices this and turns back to Qrow with a determined look on her face.

Ruby: "I want to hear him out."

Qrow: "Ruby..."

Ruby: "I want to hear him out! I know you're trying to protect us, that you're afraid we can't do it, but right now, I don't really care what you think!"

Qrow gains a shocked expression upon hearing this.

Ruby: "Just because you don't have an idea, doesn't mean we're out of options! Oz hasn't been here to tell us what to do, but we still managed to get this far anyway. We've been in bad situations before, and we don't need an adult to come save us or tell us what to do. We just did it our way! And I say we do it our way."

Ruby looks to the others receiving supportive smiles) from everyone.

Ruby: "And if you think you can keep up with us 'kids'... we'd be happy to have you."

Qrow looks down sadly.

Maria: (laughs) "Looks like you didn't give her enough credit either."

Qrow doesn't say anything, he looks back to Ruby while she looks back at him determined.
.
.
.
A/n: And with that, chapter 7 comes to a close. Have y'all ever thought about if Scrolls need a charger? Like do they plug that shit into the wall? And are portable chargers just lightning Dust crystals with a fancy case? With that unnecessary thought aside, I hope you enjoyed and as always take care and have a good one. Cheers!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

440K 11K 60
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐫...
1.1M 36.9K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
195K 4.1K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
89.8K 3.1K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...