Accidentally, In love ( UNDER...

By judygirl

"Zoya will you marry me and make me the happiest guy in the whole universe?" Zoya has waited so long to hear... More

Accidentally In love
Chapter 1 : The Departure
Chapter 2 : A Series Of Firsts
Chapter 3 : Introduction
Chapter 4 : The Test & Results
Chapter 5 : Extra Classes
Chapter 6 : An Unusual Request.
Chapter 7 : Bad News
Chapter 8 : New Beginning
Chapter 9 : Flashback
Chapter 10 : It's all about food
Chapter 11: Surprise in the mail.
Chapter 12: No & A Yes.
Chapter 13 : Dressing up
Chapter 14 : The Big Fat Indian wedding
Chapter 15 : Nicknames and a Shock
Chapter 16: Jealous Much?
Chapter 17 : Happy Birthday
Chapter 18 : A Birthday Wish.
Chapter 19 : Bon Voyage et Bon Séjour
Chapter 20 : Budding Romance in the City of love.
Chapter 21 : Budding Romance in The City of Love Continued.
Chapter 22 : Of First Dates
Chapter 23 : Kiss, You're on the big screen.
Chapter 24 : I Hate SKYPE.
Chapter 25 : Of Problems and a Solution
Chapter 26 : When The Subramaniams Met the Tatous.
Chapter 27 : Operation Get Zoya and Arnaud Together Part 1.
Chapter 28 : Thank God For Elder Sisters. Operation Part 2.
Chapter 29 : Point Three
Chapter 30 : Jab (When) They Met
Chapter 31 : True Love & Obstacles
Chapter 32 : Conversations and their consequences..
Chapter 34 : Hitched sans hitch.
EPILOGUE

Chapter 33 : Go, Sawantwadi, Gone.

1.4K 51 1
By judygirl

Chapter 33 : Go, Sawantwadi, Gone.

Zoya's P.O.V.

"S.A.W.A.N.T.W.A.D.I."

"Sawantwadi, but that's in Goa."

"Why the hell are we in Goa?" I ask my sister as we step out on Sawantwadi station with our backpacks, from the now clear to me Rajdhani - Goa Express. My geography is not really good but I do know Sawantwadi, as I had a Catholic friend in school who came here every summer vacation : Milli Dmello.

My sister is so shrewd that she did not even allow me to check the train name or destination at Delhi, just shoved me into the compartment and did not allow me to leave it till we reached our destination.

Unsurprising my parents did not bat an eyelid when Pia told them that we were going to Goa. Nor did they ask her why. I think they were just happy to see me do something other than moping or pacing in my room, threatening to bring the ceiling above their heads down.

My first clue should have been the number of Catholic aunties in dresses and uncles in knee length pants in our 3 AC compartment. The second clue now that I think on it carefully, was the language. Very unfamiliar to what I am accustomed to. That must be konkani, the native tongue.

"Well, I just thought you and I both needed a vacation." She says making her way outside following the others who had got down with us.

"I do, but not now. I need to search for Arnaud and I need to do it fast." I tell her digging my heels at the station, clutching to the thin hope that we might be able to catch the same train back.

"Come on. We are here already, might as well make use of it. The hotel is booked as is the car, don't waste all that money." She says in a placating manner.

"Pia, I'm sorry. I wish I could chill with you but I have to find Arnaud and it's urgent. You invoked the sister agreement and that's why I could not refuse." I remind her.

Inspired by Leonard and Sheldon's Roommate Agreement, Pia and I made our very own 'Sister Agreement' We thought it was funny at that time, putting in clauses like ' If one sister marries Butler/Pitt/Smith/Depp, the other sister will get free, unlimited access to that sister's house and amenities.' 'If one sister leaves on vacation she must not leave the other sister behind.' This one was my idea.

Pia used to travel a lot when I was younger, as she had chosen a College in Bangalore. I thought she was having fun going on vacations and thereby added this clause to our agreement. Didn't know it would bite me in the derriere.

"Okay, what if I told you Arnaud is here?" She says confidently, not a hint of hesitation in her voice.

"Are you sure? Extremely sure? 105% sure?" I ask her still not believing that Arnaud is here, in Sawantwadi.

"I am 125% sure." She says smugly.

"How?" I challenge her.

" I employed the very best in the task. I knew you were upset after Arnaud left without saying goodbye. I know he was not answering your texts or calls. I know you want to get in touch with him and demand answers and so I called : P. I Pappu Pandey."

".Oh Pia. I love you. You are the best sister ever. Did I ever tell you that?" I hug her in the car.

"Not very often," she says ruffling my hair.

" I have to ask one question though, P.I. Pappu Pandey. Is that his real name or some sort of pseudonym to maintain cover ?" I ask her barely containing my laughter as we arrive at our destination. Hotel Lake View..

"It's his real name. Zoya. Don't be so mean." My sister says poking me in the arm.

" How do you even know this guy? He seems so shady." I tell her.

" He is a regular guy doing a regular job and he was my patient. He was so happy that he was cured of the brain tumor, that he expressed eternal free service of his investigating skills." She tells me as we check in to the hotel.

The hotel is beautiful. The driveway lined with shady palm trees. The reception area large, with stained glass on the windows. The receptions warmly greets us in a crop top and shorts that can be seen from the glass table. I can smell the delicious aroma of food wafting from a set of closed doors. That must be the hotel restaurant. We give her our names and she hands over the key card for our rooms.

"Regular guys work as bank clerks, teachers, chefs, accountants not detectives or Private Investogators. That domain solely belongs to Sherlock, Poirot and Byomkesh Bakshy 'the Truth Seeker'." I remind her as we head to room 305 on the third floor.

"You are biased. I don't argue that the three you mentioned are undoubtedly the best but there are other good ones too like Pappuji. Thanks to him we know that French loverboy is here." She says.

I nod my head thanking this faceless alliterative named human for bringing me one stop closer to my love, my life.

Ava shoves me into the bathroom, handing me my clothes and orders me to freshen up, refuting my requests to start hunting for Arnaud immediately. She checks her messages for any information from Pappuji . None, as of yet. She goes to freshen up, while I use the hotel wi-fi to see if Arnaud has replied. Nothing. Disappointed, I make my way to the balcony and look out.

Sawantwadi is a quaint little town. There are no luxury hotels, resorts or cafes. There is however a beautiful lake right in the centre of town that the balcony overlooks. Everything over here seems extremely peaceful and unhurried as compared to bustling Delhi. I wonder what Arnaud is doing here.

As soon as Pia is ready we grab our purses and exit the hotel room. Our first stop is the restaurant. We are starving from the journey and have a filling breakfast of something called Sannas. It looks like our idlis but is sweeter in taste and cold coffee. After paying we make our way outside.

Pia suggests looking around town, we might spot him. I agree with her.

She hires a red Vespa and takes the drivers seat while I sit behind her. Pia must have an imprint of the map of Sawantwadi in her mind thanks to her photographic memory because she zips and zooms through the streets like a native Sawantwadi resident.

As we take enter one of the lanes,, the skin on my nape starts to tingle, a feeling that Arnaud is close by and as if right on cue I spot the lean, six foot frame of the man I love, to the moon and back outside a front porch of a nondescript looking office which I realized soon was a marriage bureau, ever ready for a wedding with a makeshift platform for bride and groom, plastic chairs and rapidly fading decorations on the wall.

Arnaud is dressed in snug black jeans and a white button down shirt that accentuates his thin frame. He and Laurent are busy talking to each other, intense concentration and anxiety writ large on his face.

"Stop, Stop, Stop." I tell Pia and slide out of the Vespa. This has caught the attention of both the guys. Arnaud and Laurent have stopped conversing and are staring at me. I walk towards Arnaud like a predator stalking a prey, as soon as I reach him, I point an accusing fnger in his chest, "You. What the hell do you think you are doing?"

AN : Ok Wattpaders, I can't resist. I have kept you lovely people on the edge of your seats for far too long. So my apology is

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 1.4K 33
It is an interesting tale which depicts, "I don't want to get married" to "How the hell am I supposed to convince them to get me married!" Prompt by...
24.7K 789 9
"Buy one!" They said. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ "You won't regret it!" ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ how bout' no. [no longer adding chapters]
26.8K 1.8K 22
Zoya had love in her life and life in everything she did. She had known only smiles and innocence. But her life takes a complete turn at a point whic...
25.2K 2.7K 46
**Can be read as General Fiction** _________________________________________ Its a story of a girl named Zoya who has always been protected so much b...