Sonata of The Shattered | Boo...

intheemyart tarafından

Fransesca Adelaidine, a young professor at National University of Singapore and single mother to Catharina Ch... Daha Fazla

My Love, My Valentine
Catharina Christine Clementine
Curiosity Kills You, They Said
Dear Old Friend
Regrets Do Come Later
Guest Lecturer
Almost
Familiar Face, Familiar Feelings
The Past That Blooms
Exactly Like The Past
A Bit of Information
Heart to Heart
High School Visit
Found Her
Doing It By Herself
No Doubts
My Last Wish
His World, His Life
Unintentional Meeting
What Supposed To Be Her First Love
Begging
Getting Worse
The Truth for Christine
Mother to Daughter
Melissa and Fransesca
Melissa and Clayton
Emergency Call
That One Dream
A Day Out
The Angel That Fly Away
Family Discussion
A Roof For Three
The Whole Family
Beneath A Moonless Sky
Doubts All Over
Going Public
Entwining Emotions
Fights and So On
The Day After
Expect The Unexpected
To Be Yours

Melissa and Christine

1 0 0
intheemyart tarafından

16 July 2022

Steps could be heard on the tenth floor of the hospital building as Melissa walked her way to the VVIP room where Fransesca currently was. Upon hearing the ruckus that Clayton had last night, she couldn't help but to worry back at home over Fransesca and Christine as well. Thankfully, Clayton informed her in the morning about Fransesca's condition and she's relieved.

As soon as she entered the room, she could see how the two suited each other really well. Clayton was there preparing for Fransesca's breakfast with the help of Christine, who's seen just awake and still sleepy. Her eyes told her everything.

"Aunt Melissa!" Christine greeted the woman. "Good morning, angel. How are you doing?" asked Melissa as she approached her step-daughter and smiled at her. They hugged each other warmly, though Melissa could notice the significant weight loss that the woman went through. "Why did you lose so much weight, aunty? You should eat more."

"I'm trying, sweetheart. Are you sleepy?"

Christine nodded her head. "Go back into your room and sleep then. I'll help your daddy to prepare for your mother's breakfast. You must be tired and worried to death the whole night." she smiled at her. "Is it okay, aunty?" asked Christine, in which Melissa nodded her head as a reply. "Yes, that's okay. Now, go back to sleep, princess. You'll need it more than anyone else."

The teen girl then bowed and walked herself into the bedroom she spent some hours before to rest, though she's actually awake, worrying about her mother's condition. Fransesca was still asleep and Clayton could be seen tired. His eye bag and the dark circles under his eyes explained a lot to Melissa.

"Is she doing well?" Melissa asked. "Yes, thankfully. The doctor told me last night that she fell unconscious due to severe exhaustion. They're guessing that she must've slept less and worked too much. She'll need some time off to rest her body and if things are getting better, she's allowed to leave this afternoon." Clayton replied.

Melissa nodded and turned her attention to the pale woman who's currently asleep with an IV on the back of one of her hands. Everyone knew how much she worked in order to send her daughter to the best high school and education in the country. Even if she couldn't afford it, she would do her best and try, again and again. For her, whatever Christine's needs and wishes became her command, though Christine never insisted if Fransesca couldn't, because she knew how her mother struggled herself since her pregnancy.

"I've told her to lessen her workload or resign from one of the universities. She's a professor and I know how much she worked in order to provide for Christine. I gave her my card as well so she can use my money. You know that we're more than enough and I can actually give her everything, but perhaps, she's not used to the situation as well. I even told her to rest if she could as I'll take my turn to fund and provide everything Christine and her needs."

Melissa smiled.

"Things take time, Clayton. She's been used with the life she's in; working here and there, morning to night, just for her little daughter. Now things have changed and you're here to help, so she'll need some adjustment financially and other aspects as well," Melissa tried to remind her husband. "And everyone could see how she loves her work very much. Don't you agree?"

Clayton nodded his head as he smiled at the woman who's still asleep. "I don't know the details of what she went through other than those works she did and how she was kicked out from her own family. But I know, her sacrifices are what I'm forever in debt with."

Slowly, he mixed all the ingredients of the porridge and stirred it so it wouldn't get too hot by the time the woman would have her breakfast. "You know what to do, Clay. You just need to be patient. Things would be harder one day but you'll understand why. That, again, the misunderstanding that I talked to you about days ago."

Melissa helped with the breakfast preparation that the nurses sent to the room earlier before her arrival. "Have you slept?" she asked. Clayton shook his head. "Fifteen minutes maximum. Then, I kept my eyes on her. I know that this wasn't really something big but I just want to make sure that she's okay. Christine is too young and I don't want to burden her."

"After breakfast, make sure to have some proper rest. I'll take care of Christine so don't worry too much. I'll go into the room and accompany Christine, then?"

Clayton smiled and let her do what she wanted to. Christine and Melissa, both of them build a kind of mother-daughter relationship pretty quick. Perhaps, a sisterhood as they became close to each other these days. Melissa treated Christine just like her own friend. Just like her own daughter. She always wanted the best for the little girl and nothing else.

As she entered the room, she saw Christine wasn't asleep.

"I thought you're asleep?" asked the woman. Christine smiled and shook her head. "I can't go to sleep knowing that my mom was laying weakly there, on a hospital bed. Not to forget, that I'm here in a hospital bedroom as well. No matter what they called this as a VVIP room or whatsoever."

Melissa could understand her feelings. Christine grew up under her mother's love and influence all the time. Her heart was just like Fransesca's, a soft and kind one. The type of someone who would never hold any grudge or hate towards someone in life and let things go as it flows.

"Can I talk to you about something, dear?"

"What is it, aunty?"

"About me, your dad, and your mother."

Christine turned her attention and gave the woman a smile on her face. "Sure, aunty. What is it that you want to say to me regarding the three of you? I know that you're technically my step-mother so far.." Christine answered.

"Christine, your father and I are married. Just like what you said. But we don't have any mutual feelings towards each other. I've been with a man I'm in love with even before our marriage, his name is Tolentino. Meanwhile, your father has never moved on from your mother, not even once, in his entire life. We came to an arrangement where we could be with someone we love. Your father let me be with Tolentino, but he never could be with your mother as misunderstandings happened between them sixteen years ago, and only recently they met each other again, for you."

The explanation that Melissa told her made the young girl left confused. "So all these times, you both never really love each other, aunty? Is that what you're trying to say?" Christine asked. Melissa nodded. "We have someone else in our heart. The marriage was mainly because of our parents. Your father's heart was always for your mother, one and only. Prior to our marriage. The same goes to me. My heart belongs to Tolentino."

"I'm... I'm shocked to hear this but well, I know how adults' problems are much bigger than mine. So I'll say nothing but to wish you both only the best, aunty. It's your marriage, which is not my place to comment or criticize. To hear that you both came into that agreement and life arrangement, I'm sure you and dad have considered other options but to no avail." said the young girl in response to what she heard from her step-mother, a new revelation. "And you've always treated me as your daughter. As your own sister. I'm grateful for it."

Just like what she expected to hear from Christine. Wiser than she looks. Wiser than her age. Maturing well, just like her mother's teaching. Fransesca did well on raising her daughter all these years and she's pretty sure that if Christine grew up with the presence of Clayton as well, he would let Fransesca be the one to teach her basic things in life.

"And there's something that I would like to tell you. Something that I need your help with as well.."

Christine held her hands and smiled at the older one sincerely.

"I'm currently battling with stage four of stomach cancer, Christine. I know my time will not be any longer than a month as the pain is getting more intense these days. One thing that I know is I want to reunite your father with your mother again. I want to reunite the feelings they have for each other as I can see how your mother loves your father and vice versa. The misunderstanding that happened in the past is clearly something that makes them apart and I'm trying to make them together. Will you help me, even if death took me away already, darling?"

To hear such big news coming from her lips in the middle of the mess, it broke her heart. It broke Christine's heart into pieces. She never thought that the woman she proudly called her step-mother and the sister figure to her would leave her soon. Eyes started to fill with tears as she then hugged Melissa tightly. They both embraced each other with all that they had inside their heart.

"I refuse to take the medication."

"Aunty, why would you do that?"

Melissa wiped Christine's tears away and smiled at her. "This is my decision. There are so many reasons behind it but I'm telling you, that I'm doing it for the best. I only trust your parents and my lover, no one else. So one day, you'll have what I owned now. I know that you and your mother are the nicest person in my life, and I'm trusting everything to both of you. Will you promise me to try to reunite your parents?"

"Aunty... deep inside, I've always wanted a complete family. But this is not how it is supposed to be. I love you and I want you as my mother too. You can still be my sister. I'm okay with them being apart, as I've accepted this living arrangement as well." Christine tried to convince Melissa but she couldn't do it in the end. The woman was unconvinced.

"Your father let me be with Tolentino and find my own happiness. I saw his happiness in your mother and I want the best only for both. Always treat your mother nicely, okay? She sacrificed a lot for you. Only for you. Don't hate your father or mother for things that happened to you. Grow up as a lovely girl, whom your parents could be proud of. You are their jewel, always. I'll always be with you, by your side, now and forever."

Christine cried, again and again. Melissa came just some weeks ago but she meant a lot in her life. She has a special place inside her heart and Christine couldn't thank her enough for that.

"Aunty, I'll do my best. I will always love you no matter what. I will grow up to be the lovely girl that you always told me to be."

"That's what I want to hear from you. You'll be okay without me. Your parents will be there for you."

Meanwhile, outside the bedroom, Clayton fed his beloved the porridge he prepared before. Fransesca was awake minutes after Melissa entered the bedroom to accompany and talk with Christine. He carefully took care of Fransesca as she's still weak.

"I've told you, right?"

"I know. You've told me, Clay."

"Resign soon. It's my turn to provide Christine's needs financially."

A sigh could be heard from her lips. The type of 'alright, do what you should do' sigh to the man. "I'm sorry. I'm trying to break away from what I'm used to," she answered softly. "I'll try to work less harder and rest more."

"Please, okay? Now tell me what you feel?"

"Still, weak. I can't move my hands. I don't have the strength."

Clayton nodded. "I'll let the doctors know when they check on you. Now, let's finish this porridge and you can rest again."

The four in one unit, yet different rooms. Stuck in their feelings and own discussions. Stuck in whatever they're in; of love, of worries, of joy and sadness in between. 

to be continued.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

22 0 23
In continuation of what happened to Fransesca and Clayton, they ended up finally with a vow to be together forever and always. Still, obstacles came...
111K 3.6K 45
Young college student, Quincie Jackson, was only looking to finish her junior year without a hitch in the road. With her father governing her academi...
5.6K 109 37
"Fuck, why do you always make things so hard Rayne?" he stood there with an intense frown on his face. "What do you mean Spencer?" I crossed my arms...
21.9K 821 28
~ 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬 ~ #1 𝒊𝒏 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒚 𝑯𝒆𝒊𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒈 𝒐𝒏 24/12/2019 #1 𝒐𝒏 𝑨𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒓𝒐 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒈 𝒐𝒏 28/05/2020 #2 𝒊�...