Blink and you'll miss it

By Tonkatsu__

Hi. It me the author. I like RWBY, I also like reading fan fiction. Figured I'd try it out my self. I did thi... More

Bio
Prologue
Chapter 1: Not so Little Red... Scythe...
Chapter 2: Making friends?
Chapter 3: WOOO SLEEP OVER!
Chapter 4: Falling very very fast!
Chapter 5: Tis but a scratch!
Chaoter 6: Pieces in play
Chapter 7: A new team
Chapter 8: One of the boys
Chapter 9: One of the boys pt2
Chapter 10: True strength
Filler: Surprise!
Chapter 11: Not something to be ashamed of
Chapter 12: I'm sorry.
Vol. 2 Chapter 1: FOOOOOD FIIIIIGHT!!
Vol. 2 Chapter 2: Just say it...
Vol. 2 Chapter 3: Plans in motion
Vol. 2 Chapter 4: The plan falls apart
Vol. 2 Chapter 5: Unrequitted
Message from me to you
Vol. 2 Chapter 6: A moment of rest
Vol. 2 Chapter 7: The night they remember
Vol. 2 Chapter 8: The coolest History teacher in... history...
Vol. 2 Chapter 9: Never a dull moment...
Vol. 2 Chapter 10: For Vale
Filler: Boys night
Vol 3 Chapter 1: Fight
Vol. 3 Chapter 2: Family
Vol. 3 Chapter 3: The question
Vol. 3 Chapter 4: Fairy tale.
Vol. 3 chapter 5: The night they want to forget
Vol. 4 Chapter 0: A rough patch.
Vol. 4 Chapter 1: Life goes on
Vol. 4 chapter 2: The long road
Vol. 4 Chapter 3: Rogue Encounter
Vol. 4 Chapter 4: Savior
Vol. 4 Chapter 5: For myself
Vol. 5 Chapter 1: Mistral
Vol. 5 Chapter 2: Huh?
Vol. 5 Chapter 3: But at what cost?
Vol. 5 Chapter 4: Almost whole again.
Vol. 5 Chapter 5: Early bird
Vol. 5 Chapter 6: First blood
Vol. 5 Chapter 7: Hate
Vol. 5 Chapter 8: For Haven
Vol. 5 Chapter 9: The hardest battle yet
Vol. 6 Chapter 1: Motherfuckin Grimm on this Motherfuckin Train!!
Vol. 6 Chapter 2: Long way
Vol. 6 chapter 3: Side quest begins
Vol. 6 Chapter 4: What are we doing
Vol. 6 Chapter 5: IS THAT THE GRIM REAPER?!
Vol. 6 Chapter 7: Reconciliation
Vol. 6 Chapter 8: Operation Yoink
Vol. 6 Chapter 9: Brothers
Vol. 7 Chapter 1: A warm welcome

Vol. 6 Chapter 6: High tension

778 21 7
By Tonkatsu__

Team RWBY, Qrow, Oscar, and Maria are standing outside of the gates to the Atlesian Military base on the island off the coast of Argus. Yang puts her hands on the bars of the gate to speak to the guards.

Yang: "Come on! You didn't even hear us out!"

Nubuck Guard 1: "Our orders are clear: The Mistral-Atlas border is closed!"

Nubuck Guard 2: "Please!"

Nubuck Guard 1: "Have a good day!"

Yang: "But—"

Both Nubuck Guards: "A good day!!"

Qrow: "Hey, if you don't wanna believe that I'm friends with Ironwood—"

Both Nubuck Guards: General Ironwood!

Qrow: "Yeah, General Ironwood, then fine. But look, we have Weiss Schnee with us and we're trying to get her home safely."

Weiss looks down with reluctance upon hearing Qrow say that. The two guards look to each other before turning their attention back to the group.

Both Nubuck Guards: "Approach!"

Weiss shares a look with Blake Belladonna, who just shrugs. Weiss then walks up to the gate and the two guards step up and bend down to inspect her. After a moment, both guards stand straight back up.

Both Nubuck Guards: "Very well!"

Guard Nubuck 2: "You may speak with our commanding officer!"

Guard Nubuck 1: "We will fetch her at once!"

The two guards turn around in sync, and chant "Hup hup hup" and "Atlas Atlas Atlas" as they run to get their superior.

(Y/n): (sarcastically) "There goes Atlas's finest."

Blake: "They were... kind of—"

Ruby: "Super weird? Uh, yeah."

Maria: "Hmm..."

Oscar: "What's wrong?"

Maria: "Well, I... may know this commanding officer..."

Ruby: "That's good, isn't it? If she's your friend, then maybe she'd be more willing to help us."

Maria: "I wouldn't exactly call us... 'friends'."

Weiss: "Acquaintances?"

Maria: "Not quite."

Blake: "Colleagues?"

Maria: "Warmer."

Yang: "Enemies?"

Maria: "That's the one!"

Oscar: "Wait, what?"

Maria: "Oh, yes. I come through here about once every ten years to get my eyes checked up in Atlas. You bring outside cashews on one flight, and suddenly you're placed on the additional screening list for life!"

(Y/n), Qrow: "You've gotta be kidding me..."

Maria: "Now, now, let's not give up hope yet."

There's a pause.

Maria: "Maybe she's dead!"

Suddenly, the gates open up quickly, and the two guards return.

Guard 1: "Introducing!"

Guard 2: "Special operative!"

Both Nubuck Guards: "Caroline Cordovin!"

Footsteps can be heard approaching before the camera lowers down to reveal a short-statured elderly woman around Maria's age wearing the standard Atlesian officer uniform. Cordovin steps forward and glares at Maria.

Cordovin: "Witch."

Maria: "She-devil."

Cordovin: "Hm. I've seen you've chosen larger contraband to smuggle this time."

Maria: "Oh, Cordo. You know they say time changes people, but I see you've still got that stick right up your—"

Ruby: (interrupting) "H-hello! Miss, uh, Cordovin. My name is Ruby Rose, and I was wondering if you would hear us out about—"

Cordovin: "I've already heard what your other little friends had to say, Miss Rose."

she looks behind Ruby, noticing Jaune, Nora, and Ren standing a little ways away behind the group.

Cordovin: "What are you doing back here?! I thought I told you to leave!"

Nora tries to charge forward, only to be held back by Ren and Jaune.

Nora: "And I told you we wouldn't rest until you let us through!"

Ren: (nervously smiling and waving) "Nice to see you again as well!"

Cordovin: "You civilians are clearly incapable of comprehending the importance of our mission here in Argus. So allow me to say this slowly, with smaller words: This base, that relay tower, the very safety of Argus are all gifts from the glorious Kingdom of Atlas! And it is my duty to uphold them, as only I have the wit and tenacity for such a task."

Guard Nubuck 1: "Such wit!"

Guard Nubuck 2: "Such tenacity!"

Maria: "Or maybe Atlas just wanted to get you as far from the kingdom as possible."

(Y/n) sticks a hand out to Maria giving her a low five for that sick burn.

Cordovin: (growls) "You're just like the rest of these Argus ingrates! This city wouldn't even be here if it weren't for our Atlesian ancestors, and what do we get in return? The entire world is ready to put a knife to our throats!"

Ruby: "Please, we know your kingdom had nothing to do with the Fall of Beacon. We were there."

Weiss: "No one's happy about the Atlas borders or embargo, but I know General Ironwood is just worried. It's why we need to talk to—"

Cordovin: "The General is no coward! Atlas is strong. If all the kingdoms plan to make us their enemy, then so be it! Atlas will prevail!"

Both Nubuck Guards: "Atlas will prevail!"

Yang: (unimpressed) "Do you guys seriously have to do that?"

Cordovin: (sighs) "If Miss Schnee has truly come to her senses and wishes to return to her family, then, of course, the Atlas military will escort her home. But the kingdom will not be responsible for her friends of... questionable character."

Cordovin glances at Blake specifically upon saying her last statement. Blake shies away slightly, looking away and gaining a slightly fearful expression.

(Y/n) steps protectively infront of Blake, glaring coldly at the half pint officer with clenched fists just waiting for an excuse.

Weiss: (hostile) "What's that supposed to mean."

Cordovin: "It means we're done here."

The gates close just as quickly as they opened. Leaving the group outside once more.

Nora: "Oh yeah? Well, your face looks... like a big dumb boot!"

Jaune: (deadpan) "Way to show her, Nora..."

Blake notices (Y/n)'s knuckles going white. She grabs (Y/n)'s clenched fist, looking up at him pleadingly, asking him to let it go. He looks back at her, then closes his eye, and lets out a breath. He lets his muscles relax and his fist to unclench. Allowing Blake's fingers to intertwine with his.

Ruby, (Y/n), Blake, and Yang look to Weiss.

Weiss: "I don't..."

Ruby: "Weiss. I told you we wouldn't leave your side for a second. We'll find a way to Atlas. Together."

Ruby places a hand on Weiss's shoulder in a show of support.

Weiss smiles and nods back at her friend. Qrow starts to walk away.

Ruby: "So... where are we going now?"

Nora: "Yeah, what's the plan?"

Qrow: (bitter) "The plan? The plan just got shut in our face three times over. I'm going for a drink."

Ruby: (running over to her uncle) "Uncle Qrow, I really think we should try and come up with something...together."

Qrow walks away before she could finish.

Jaune: "What's his problem? It's not your fault we can't go on."

(Y/n): "Just.. let him go. He's impossible when he's like this."

(Y/n) just shakes his head sadly.

Nora: "If he's gonna be a jerk then we'll just come up with something without him. I mean, we've got Ozpin with us! He usually knows what to do."

Upon hearing this, Oscar looks down sadly, and (Y/n), Weiss, Blake, and Yang exchange troubled looks.

Ren: (noticing this) "What is it?"
.
.
.
Timeskip brought to you by chibi (Y/n) drop kicking normal sized Cordovin into the cold water.
.
.
.
Back at Saphron's home, Jaune punches the wall, leaving a very large crack in it.

(Y/n): "Hey!"

Ruby: "Jaune!"

Jaune: "Everything we did was for nothing!"

Blake: "That's not true."

Nora: (angry) "Really? Cuz it sure does sound like it."

Blake: "I, um..."

Ren: "If Salem can't be killed, then how are we supposed to win this?"

Everyone remains silent.

Jaune: (sarcastic) "Wow... Great plan everyone!"

Oscar: "Look, none of this is great, we know. But we're not the bad guys here."

Jaune: (hostile) "Are we sure about that?"

Oscar: "What?"

Jaune: "He's in your head, isn't he? Did you already know about this?"

Weiss: "He didn't know any of it!"

Jaune grabs Oscar and slams him against the wall.

Jaune: "How much longer can we even trust him?!"

Yang: "Jaune!"

Jaune: "How do we even know it's really him?! What if we have been talking to that liar this whole time?!"

(Y/n): "THAT'S ENOUGH!!!"

The room falls silent as (Y/n) and Jaune Glare angrily at each other. Jaune lets go of a terrified Oscar as (Y/n) walks over to him to get in his face.

(Y/n): "I get being angry, but leave the kid out of it! He's terrified! What the hell's the matter with you?!"

Jaune: "Me?! What about you! You're going to sit there and pretend like there isn't a problem?!"

Jaune lashes out and shoves (Y/n) causing him to take a step back.

(Y/n): "At least I'm trying to figure it out! All you're doing is throwing a hissy fit like some over grown child!"

(Y/n) pushes Jaune back hard, causing him to trip and slam his back into the wall.

Jaune lets out a cry of anger before he tackles (Y/n), sending them rolling as they try to get the advantage. In the midst of their grapple Jaune accidentally rips (Y/n)'s bandana/eyepatch cloth off his head, revealing his damaged eye. The rest of the group all yell and try to get them to stop but it's too late.

Jaune ends up on top and reels back landing a hard punch to (Y/n)'s face. He reels back to hit again but (Y/n) uses the opportunity to get his legs under Jaune's torso before kicking him off. (Y/n) gets back up and runs at the Jaune to get him back for the hit. Jaune manages to scramble to his feet and avoid being pummeled on the ground. Changing tactics, (Y/n) reaches out with his left hand and grabs the front of Jaune's chest plate and pulling him in before delivering a haymaker with his right fist straight into Jaune's cheek. The punch sends Jaune to the ground. They try and get back into a grapple but the rest of the group all separate the two just as Jaune gets to his feet, with Ruby standing between them before the fight could continue.

Ruby: "STOP IT! STOP IT!"

The two boys continue to glare at eachother hatefully. After a small pause (Y/n) shakes off Yang before tying his cloth around his head to cover his eye and leaving the house, slamming the door behind him.

Jaune shakes off Blake and Weiss before storming up the stairs and slamming a door shut as well.

Yang: "Are they... gonna be ok?"

Nora: "I don't know!"

Nora throws her hands up in exasperation before also leaving the room.

Ren: "I think it would be best if we had some time to ourselves."

Ren also heads upstairs.

Team RWBY, minus (Y/n), and Oscar are the only ones who remain in the living room.

Blake: "Maybe we could all use some space..."

Her ears are drooped down on her head as she stares at the front door worriedly.

Everyone stays silent. Oscar just looks down sadly.
.
.
.
(Y/n) trudges through the afternoon streets of Argus with an angry expression on his face. In truth he had been walking in a random direction so he wasn't sure where he was anymore... but he was still angry so he didn't care right now. All he knew was he really wanted to get another hit in on the blonde dickhead who was the reason for the bruise on his face.

Sighing he shook the thought from his head and just kept being angry until someone called out to him from behind

???: "Hey, you're (Y/n) right?"

(Y/n) turns around to see Saphron carrying Adrian and a bag.

(Y/n): "Oh, yah. Hello... Mrs. Cotta-Arc? Miss Saphron? Uh..."

Saphron giggles a little.

Saphron: "Just Saphron is fine."

(Y/n): (nervously) "Ok, Saphron. How is your day going?"

She must have noticed his nervousness because she smiled kindly as if approving of his question.

Saphron: "It's going well. I'm actually on my way to drop Adrian off at daycare for a little. Would you like to come with?"

(Y/n): "Oh, uh Sure! Let me help you carry your things."

Saphron: "Well, could you carry Adrian for me?"

Said child was smiling at (Y/n) from his mother's arms.

(Y/n) just nods and gently takes the small boy from her.

(Y/n): (to Adrian) "Hey little guy, how's it goin?"

(Y/n) couldn't tell if Adrian understood or not, but he clapped his small hands together happily so that was good enough.

They continued on their walk with (Y/n) keeping pace with Saphron.

Saphron: "Jaune's told me a lot about you."

(Y/n) scowls slightly for a moment at the mention of the blonde before returning to normal.

(Y/n): "Is that so?"

Saphron: "Yup, he told me all about the crazy things you two would get up to in school, and even the crazy adventures you've had recently."

(Y/n): "Oh I see, how much has he told you about the recent stuff?"

Saphron: "Not much, just that you're all on some 'super secret mission'. Or something."

(Y/n): "I see, yah well he was always kind of a pushover in school and just went with my crazy ideas. Honestly we're lucky we got away with most of it."

Saphron: (laughing) "I can believe that. You two must be very close."

(Y/n): "He's usually the more rational one. He's like a brother to me."

Saphron: "Awe that's so sweet. He always wanted a brother growing up."

(Y/n): "Really?"

Saphron: "Yah, I think he wanted someone he could relate to a little more growing up. Being surrounded by seven sisters probably wasn't the easiest thing for him."

(Y/n): "He came out alright I think. At least he can dance."

Saphron busts out laughing.

Saphron: "Nora told us all the details about the dance."

They laugh a little at the idea of Jaune in a dress.

Saphron: "You never had siblings growing up?"

(Y/n) looks down a bit sadly.

(Y/n): "Not really..."

He rubs the back of his neck with his free hand.

(Y/n): "Well I guess maybe I had an older brother at some point..."

Saphron: "Oh, I'm so sorry, is he..."

(Y/n): "Oh no it's nothing like that. We were separated and things just kinda fell apart I guess..."

He reaches up to touch his damaged eye.

She didn't quite get it but didn't push any further.

Saphron: "So what are you doing out all alone?"

(Y/n): "Oh you know, I just needed some air. I can't stay still too long or I get a little restless."

He chuckles a little nervously.

Saphron: "Uh huh, and what's with the bruise?"

(Y/n) stops, ah right, how to explain that...

(Y/n): "Uhm... I fell?"

He continues walking. Saphron just raises an eyebrow at him clearing not buying it. Even Adrian gives him a disbelieving look.

(Y/n): (Sigh) "Ok, ok... Jaune told you we were on a sort of 'mission' right?"

She nods.

(Y/n): "Well we got some... disheartening news about it recently. So when he found out, things got kinda ugly... we fought and I just needed to get out for a bit. And well, here we are."

Saphron: "Jaune did that?"

(Y/n): "Yah... he got a lucky shot in."

(Y/n) chuckles nervously. Saphron remained silent for a moment trying to think of what to say.

Saphron: "Is everything ok between you two?"

(Y/n): (sigh) "I don't know. Honestly the fight shouldn't have happened. Things should be fine, we should be fine, brothers shouldn't fight like that. It was stupid, he's— I'm being stupid... it's not important."

An image of Adam on the night of the fall of beacon flashes through his mind.

(Y/n): "I just wish I could have stopped it all."

The distant look in (Y/n)'s vibrant orange eye told Saphron he was thinking about something else at the same time.

Saphron: "You know it's strange. Siblings yell, argue, even fight one another over everything. They constantly try to best one another even if they don't realize it. And there's nothing wrong with that, in fact it's natural. But even though you may fight and argue, you'll always forgive each other. And you'll always be there for one another. So what if you and Jaune had a fight, you still care for him right?"

(Y/n) nods his head quietly.

Saphron smiles widely.

Saphron: "Then everything will be ok, I know it will."

They stop infront of a school like building. Several kids are playing on the premises.

Saphron: "Well, we're here."

She takes Adrian back from (Y/n).

Saphron: "Are you heading back to the house?"

(Y/n) shook his head no.

(Y/n): "No, not yet. I think I need some time to clear my head."

Saphron: "Okay, I'm gonna head back after I drop Adrian inside. Don't get into too much trouble."

(Y/n): "I'll try my best."

With that she takes Adrian into the daycare.
.
.
.
It was getting dark out, (Y/n) continued his wandering around Argus, trying to clear his mind. He was miserable, he was thinking about a lot. He was thinking about what Saphron said to him, his little fight with Jaune, Adam, and just a whole bunch of other things. Calling his thoughts a train wreck would be an understatement.

To make matters worse a large maple leaf thought it would be funny to slap him in the face, interrupting his thoughts. With an angry growl he ripped it off his face and reeled his arm back to throw it in the direction it came from. But he stopped. Frozen solid and unmoving. He let go of the leaf and let it be carried away in the wind. Slowly he made his way across the street with a bewildered look on his face and a saddened look in his visible eye.

When he made it into the park he stood infront of a pure bronze statue. The statues eyes were closed, and it's head tilted down slightly, like she was looking down to greet him. It looked so much like her.

A tear rolled down his cheek as he read the inscription.

IN HONOR OF PYRRHA NIKOS, ONE OF MANY STUDENTS WHO FOUGHT VALIANTLY AT THE FALL OF BEACON

(Y/n): (smiling sadly) "Hey there Spartan. Long time no see."
.
.
.
Back at the house.

Maria and Ruby just finished their talk about the silver eyed warriors and how Ruby may further use the power she was born with.

Yang: "Ruby!"

Ruby notices Yang at the door. Ruby walks back into the house to see Weiss and Blake present as well.

Ruby: "Oh, hey guys."

Jaune also walks into the room with Ren and Nora.

Jaune: "What's going on?"

Blake: (sadly) "It's Oscar. He's missing."

Ruby, Jaune, Nora, and Ren become shocked to hear Oscar went missing as Ruby and Jaune look at each other with concerned looks on their faces.
.
.
.
A/n: We don't get a lot of time with Jaune's sister in the show so why not throw something in there. Hopefully it turned out alright. If not, eh at least I can say I tried. Anywho that'll be all for now. I hope you enjoyed and as always take care and have a good one. Cheers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 7.5K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
476K 14.5K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
460K 31.4K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
153K 5.5K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...