LIONESS || lydia martin

Galing kay bers3rkers

𝑳𝑰𝑢𝑡𝑬𝑺𝑺 (s3a-) Asher Lewis knew what she was getting into when her and her pack came back to Beacon Hi... Higit pa

INTRODUCTION
|part one|
i. tattoo
ii. chaos rising
iii. unleashed
iiii. frayed
v. motel california
vi. currents
vii. visionary
viii. the girl who knew too much
ix. the overlooked
x. the alpha pact
xi. lunar eclipse
|part two|
ii. more bad than good
iii. galvanize
iiii. illuminated
v. silverfinger
vi. riddled
vii. letharia vulpina
viii. echo house
ix. the fox and the wolf
x. de-void
xi. insatiable
xii. the devine move
|part three|
i. the dark moon.
ii. 117
iii. muted
iiii. the benefactor
v. I.E.D
vi. orphaned
vii. weaponized
viii. time of death
ix. perishable
x. monstrous
xi. a promise to the dead
xii. smoke and mirrors
|part four|
i. creatures of the night
ii. parasomnia
iii. dreamcatchers
iiii. condition terminal
v. a novel approach
vi. required reading
vii. strange frequencies
viii. ouroboros
ix. lies of ommission
x. status asthmaticus
|part five|
i. the last chimera
ii. damnatio memoriae
iii. codominance / the sword and the spirit
iv. amplification
v. lie ability
vi. a credible threat
vii. maid of gevaudan
viii. the beast of beacon hills

i. anchors

3.3K 109 73
Galing kay bers3rkers

"Asher!" A voice calls from the back of the coffee shop they were in.

"Yeah, Nicole?" Asher answers as she wipes the counters down.

"I've got to go see my sister today, so will you please make me a very caffeinated coffee?" Nicole Solace walks through the door, meeting Asher behind the counter.

Asher looks around, her, now short, hair swinging behind her. She saw only, like, three people in the shop. "Yeah, totally. You're usual?"

Nicole smiles. "Yes, please. While you're doing that I'm gonna heat us up some bagels!"

Asher pumps her fist in the air with a smile. "Yes! You're the best, Nicole."

The older woman smiles. "I know, I know." She chuckles.

They work in silence for a few minutes until the bell from the door rings as someone walks in. Asher looks up and immediately smiles.

"Hey, Dan." She greets, putting Nicole's finished coffee to the side. "What's up?"

Danny smiles, walking up to the counter. "Hey, Ash. I just came to see how you're doing."

Asher narrowed her eyes at him. "You want a cheap coffee, don't you?"

Danny drummed on the counter. "You know me so well."

"Sorry, Dan, but you're not family, so... No family discount." Asher shrugged, a playful smile on her face.

Danny pouted for a moment but then suddenly ran out.

"Where'd he go?" Nicole turned around.

"I don't know..." Asher raised her eyebrows, watching the door.

As the door opened again, Asher groaned. Danny was pushing Ethan through the door, the wolf had a confused look on his face. Danny put an arm around his shoulder and led him to the counter.

"Well, here's your brother, Ash. Family discount is very much available now." Danny smiled.

Ethan looked at him. "That's why you dragged me in here? Coffee?"

Asher rubbed a hand down her face. "Okay, fine. Ethan, what would you like?"

Nicole watched from the back with a small smile on her face. She was spreading the cream cheese on their bagels. The woman always enjoyed when Asher's friends came in as they always made her laugh. She watched as the Danny boy leaned into Ethan's ear and whispered something.

"Um, an iced coffee with mocha drizzle, cream and sugar." Ethan repeated, his brows furrowed.

Asher nodded, typing it into the screen in front of her. "Is that all?"

Danny nodded with a smile.

"Okay, guys, that will be... 2.79." Asher looked back up at them.

Danny pulled his wallet out, and handed her the money. "I literally love you so much, Ash."

"I know you do." Asher smiled, turning around to make the coffee.

But she stopped when she saw the coffee already done, being held in front of her. Nicole smiled at the girl, handing her the coffee.

"I got you, kid." Nicole said.

"Thanks, Nicole." Asher took the coffee and handed it to Danny.

"Thank you!" Danny waved at the blonde woman before walking out.

Ethan watched him leave before turning back to his sister. "So, Ash, when are you coming over? You barely come see us since you moved out." He leaned onto the counter.

Asher sighed. "I'm still moving in, I have work, and school, and other things." She widened her eyes for a second, hoping he would get the hint. "I miss you guys, I do, but I'm so busy."

Ethan looked down. "Come to the apartment soon or me and Aiden will show up at your door at two am." He pointed at her before walking out.

"Okay, how is that any different than what you already do?" She called after him.

"You should really take a break, Asher. Call out one of these days." Nicole patted her shoulder.

Asher groaned. "I can't. I need the money for my car payment every month."

"Missing one shift isn't going to bankrupt you, kid." She took a sip of her coffee. "Now, go! You're shift has been over for, like, ten minutes."

Asher checked the time on her phone, her heartrate spiking. "Oh, god. I'm gonna be late for school!"

The lion fumbled her apron off, hanging it on it's hook. She went to the back and grabbed her flannel and car keys from her locker before coming back to the front. Asher pulled her flannel on so she could grab the bagel and two coffees Nicole made for her. Asher kissed her cheek quickly before heading out the door.

"See you later, Nicole!" She called.

"Bye, honey!" The woman smiled, waving.

--------------------

"And you couldn't wake up?" Scott asked as him and Stiles walked down the stairs.

"Nope, and it was beyond terrifying." Stiles answered. "You ever hear of sleep paralysis?"

"Uh, no, do I want to?" Scott grabs the straps on his back pack.

"Well, have you ever had a dream where you feel like you're about to wake up, but you can't wake up or move?" Stiles moves his hands around.

"Yeah, yeah. I've had that." Scott nods.

The boys turn a corner as they hit the bottom of the stairs.

"It happens because during REM sleep your body is basically paralyzed. It's called muscle atonia. That way if you start dreaming about running, you don't actually start running in your bed."

"That makes sense." Scott says.

"Sometimes your mind can wake up before your body does. So for a split-second, you're actually aware that your body is paralyzed." Stiles continues.

"And that's the terrifying part." Scott nods.

"It turns your dreams into a nightmare." Stiles huffs as they walk up more stairs. "You can feel like you're falling, like you're being strangled, or, in my case, like you're in the center of a grove of magical trees where human sacrifices took place."

The two walked up to the building, pushing open the double doors.

"You think it means something?" Scott asks as they walk through the hallways.

"What if what we did that night... What if it's still affecting us?" Stiles looks over at him.

"Post-traumatic stress?" Scott furrowed his brows.

"Or something." Stiles shrugged.

They walk into class.

"You know what scares me the most?" Stiles asks, lowering himself into his seat.

Scott turns in his chair, focusing his attention on his best friend. His brows furrowed with worry.

"I'm not even sure this is real." Stiles leans in and whispers.

Then he shoots up in bed with a loud scream. He thrashes around as his dad pushes the bedroom door open in a hurry. The man wraps his arms around his son, taking a seat on the bed beside him. Stiles continues to scream, moving around to get out of his fathers grip.

"Shh! Hey, hey, hey. Hey." Noah tries to soothe him.

Stiles screams again, his eyes tearing up.

"It's okay. It's okay." Noah continues.

Stiles stops screaming, his breathing still heavy.

"You're okay." His dad whispers.

--------------------

Asher was on her way to school when she remembered she was supposed to pick Lydia up. She sighed, realizing why Nicole gave her two coffees. The girl took a sharp turn to reroute herself to Lydias.

She pulled onto the red heads street, taking a deep breath as she pulled in front of her house. Asher pulled her phone out and sent the girl a text. Almost immediately Lydia came out of her house and walked up to Asher's car. Asher smile and unlocked the doors for her.

"Hey, Lyds." Asher nodded.

"Hey." Lydia smiled.

Asher pointed to one of the coffees in her cupholder. "Coffee for you."

Lydia clapped a little. "Yes! Thank you, Asher."

"Of course, Red." Asher pulled out an they headed for school.

"How was work?" Lydia took a sip of her coffee with a smile.

"It had its moments." Asher shrugged. "Danny and Ethan came in."

Lydia looked over. "Really? How'd that go?"

"Well, Danny had Ethan order for him just for the family discount, then took his coffee and walked out. Ethan decided to hang back and talk to me about going to visit him and Aiden." Asher leaned forward as she made a turn.

"And you turned him down, didn't you?" Lydia gave her look.

Asher scoffed and started to bite her lip. "Yeah, okay, sort of. Well, I told him I was busy and he threatened to show up at the house at two am."

"Doesn't Aiden do that already?" Lydia furrowed her brows.

"That's what I said!" Asher threw her hand out.

"Also, I don't think Deaton would like two werewolves showing up at your door at two am." Lydia pointed out.

"Yeah... He already told Aiden off." Asher pursed her lips as she pulled into the school.

"How's it going living with Deaton, anyway?" Lydia asked, grabbing her bag.

Asher put the car in park, leaning into the back for hers. "It's going pretty good. I already feel comfortable with him considering I've known him since I was eight. He's really patient with me on full moons too, and he won't take any money for rent. And I'm perfectly fine with that." Asher pushed her door open.

"Full moons. You're still having trouble?" Lydia walked up beside her as they made it in front of her car.

"I mean, yeah. I still don't have an anchor." She sighs.

Lydia grabs her wrist and pulls her into school. "You'll find one."

"And how would you know that?" Asher raised an eyebrow.

Lydia shrugged, looking at her. "Just do."

Asher nodded. "Whatever you say, red."

"Stop calling me that!" Lydia grumbled.

Asher laughed. "I'm good."

--------------------

Allison rushed through her apartment, picking up her bag that sits on the chair. She walks up to the door, looking back as she calls out.

"Gotta run, Dad. I'm late!" Allison says.

She walks out, the door shutting behind her. The girl walks into the elevator and presses the button. Allison holds her jacket and bag to her chest as she waits. She lets out a sigh, listening to the music. Allison furrows her brows, rubbing her arms as she suddenly gets could. The girl exhales, smoke blowing out.

The lights flicker out as the doors open, making Allison look up. She sees the hospital destroyed and things all over the hall. Her eyebrows raise slightly, looking around. Allison steps out of the elevator slowly, gripping the bag strap over her shoulder. She slowly walked down the hall, looking out for something. Anything. A door creaks open in front of her, so she looks into the doors window before she walks in.

She looks around the morgue, the lights still flickering. Allison stopped and stood in the middle of the room, shadows cast behind her. Her head snaps around as the door shuts and locks. The lights come back on and one of the drawers swing open slightly. Allison turns back around with wide eyes. She takes a few steps forward, reading the name tag.

KATE ARGENT

She gasps as memories with her aunt come flooding back. She remembers all the times they had in Beacon, all the way up to her death. Allison lets out a deep breath, staring ahead. After a moment she starts to walk forward again. Her hand hesitantly grabs the drawer and pulls it open. Allison leans down to look into it, seeing a very long tunnel. She just stares into it for a bit, blinking. She furrows her brows when she finally sees something.

But it isn't something she would really like to see. Allison's eyes widen as she sees her dead aunt crawling towards her. She gasps as the woman gets closer and closer. Just before Kate gets too close Allison slams the door shut and runs out of the morgue.

She pushes the doors of the school open just as the bell rings. Shock overtakes her face, staring into the hallway. Allison furrows her brows, looking around.

Lydia and Asher walk in front of her.

"Allison. Are you okay?" Lydia asks.

Asher raises her eyebrows. "Should I have brought you some tea, or something?"

Allison nods at her best friend then turns to Asher. "I'm fine."

The girls just look at her, not believing it at all.

"Well, I'm going to go find Isaac and give him his coffee..." Asher slowly nods. She gives Allison's arm a squeeze. "See you later, Alli, Lyds."

--------------------

Scott pulled up to school on his bike, pulling his helmet off as soon as he parks. The boy looks down at himself in his helmet, faltering when it shows his eyes glowing bright red. He closed his eyes and shook his head, looking at himself again. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion as they go back to normal.

As Scott walks the campus to get into the building, his gaze makes its way to his shadow. He slows to a stop, seeing his shadow take the form of a big hairy monster. He watches as it gets bigger. So, he runs.

He runs down the stairs, panting. Scott keeps looking back at his shadow as he tries to get away from it. He turns around, running backwards in a panic.

"Hey. Hey." Stiles grabs Scott, stopping him. "You alright?"

Scott pants, staring at his friend. He nods.

"You don't look alright, Scott." Stiles denies.

"I'm okay." Scott assures him.

"No, you're not." Stiles shakes his head. "It's happening to you, too. You're seeing things, aren't you?"

Scott tilts his head. "How'd you know?"

Stiles turns around as three people walk up behind him. Lydia, followed by Allison and a very distracted Asher.

"Because it's happening to all three of you." Lydia says.

Asher turns to face them. She was turned around whispering to Isaac from across the campus. He was making fun of her and she was threatening to never bring him a coffee again.

--------------------

"Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one." Lydia sassed as her and Asher led the group into the school.

"We're not crazy." Allison remarked.

Lydia turned around to face her friends, Asher following. "Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine."

"Maybe it's not crazy, but it's definitely not sane." Asher shrugged.

"We did die and come back to life." Scott looks at the other two. "That's gotta have some side effects, right?"

Asher nodded. "It sort of left a scar on your heart. Like you and Deaton said, a tattoo. You aren't gonna be okay for a while."

The bell rang, making them all look up.

"We keep an eye on each other, okay?" Stiles turned back to them.

Scott and Allison nodded as Stiles turned to Lydia.

"And, Lydia, stop enjoying this so much." Stiles walked off.

Lydia pursed her lips. "What?"

Asher chuckled. "Never stop. I find it hilarious."

--------------------

Asher sits in History class beside a girl she's never met before. They also have a new teacher, but Asher wasn't really paying attention anyway.

"Good morning, everyone. My name is Mr. Yukimura." The man says as he walks around to the front of his desk. "I'll be taking over for your previous history teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira." Mr. Yukimura smiled. "Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought home a friend for that matter."

The girl beside Asher sighed and dropped her head down on her desk. Asher winced silently as she realized. Everyone looked back at the girl.

"Either way... there she is." Mr. Yukimura pointed.

Kira slowly looked up with an awkward smile. And she caught Scott's eye. Asher looks between the two, her jaw dropping. Scott smiled slightly as he turned back forward, Kira looking at him as he does so.

"Let's begin with American History at the turn of the 20th century." Mr. Yukimura starts.

Asher slowly leans over to Kira. "He's single, you know?"

Kira awkwardly laughs as she turns to Asher. "What?"

Asher smiled. "Him." She pointed. "He is very single."

Kira looked back at Scott, a small smile on her face. "Really?"

"Definitely. And he seems to like you already." Asher shrugged.

Kira looked down with a laugh. "You're his friend, I guess?"

Asher nods. "You could say that. He's really cool, you should get to know him."

"Maybe I will." Kira nods. "Who are you, by the way?"

"Oh, my name's Asher." She smiled. "And you're Kira, which I know because your dad announced it to the class."

Kira groaned. "Yeah, that was hard. I mean, he doesn't have to rub in the fact that I don't have any friends."

Asher scoffed. "You do, too." Kira furrowed her brows as Asher stuck her hand out. "Consider me your first friend."

Kira smiled brightly and shook her hand. "Okay."

Asher turned back to the front, deciding to finally pay attention.

"Did you really just wing-man me, Asher?" Scott whispers from his seat.

Asher covers her mouth so no one sees her talking to herself. "Absolutely, I did. Scott, you really need it and she seems awesome."

Scott scoffed playfully. "You're one to talk."

Asher rolled her eyes. "Scott, I will tell her to ignore you and that you are the most disgusting human on Earth. We're friends now, she'll listen."

Scott had to refrain himself from turning around. "Okay, fine. You win."

--------------------

Allison and Lydia sit side-by-side in the art room, Allison shakily lowering her brush onto the canvas.

"Not the steadiest hand for a superb marksman." Lydia glances at her.

"It's been happening for the past few weeks." Allison says. "Since that night."

She drops her hand, throwing the paintbrush down. As the red paint splatters onto the canvas, the death of her aunt floods her brain once again. Allison stares straight at it as Lydia stands up and tears the paper off. Allison blinks a few times to regain her composure.

Lydia looks at her in worry. "Start over."

The brunette closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. She picks up the paintbrush, dabbing it in the paint again before applying it to the canvas. Lydia takes her seat, watching her best friend.

From across the room where Isaac is seated, he watches her with his eyebrows raised. He lowers his hand, picking up the coffee Asher got him, and takes a sip.

"Eh." He puts it back down.

--------------------

Stiles, Scott, and Asher walk up to Stiles' locker after History ended.

"Maybe we just need a little more time to get back to normal." Scott leaned against the locker beside him.

"Try not to forget we hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures." Stiles reminded him as he unlocked his locker.

Asher sighed. "Yeah... Probably means more problems, to be honest."

"Yeah, I think there's a pretty good chance things are never going back to normal." Stiles struggled with his lock.

"Yeah." Scott sighs.

Stiles stares down at his lock. The numbers had changed into random shapes. "What?" He muttered, getting a closer look.

Scott tilted his head as he heard something.

"I thought you said you wanted to make friends." Mr. Yukimura said to his daughter.

"Not like that." Kira denied.

Scott looked past Stiles and Asher, seeing the two walking down the hall.

"You said you wanted to be noticed." Mr. Yukimura defended himself.

"I could set myself on fire and be noticed." Kira sassed.

Asher, noticing Scott not paying attention, looked back and saw who he was looking at.

"Well, then you'd be dead." Her dad looked at her.

"Exactly." Kira said.

She went to walk away, but stopped when she saw Scott looking at her. Scott quickly looked away. Asher laughed at them.

"Kira." Her dad said. "Kira."

Scott leaned back against the locker, not realizing his eyes were starting to glow. Stiles finally looked back up, seeing Scott's eyes.

"Oh, dude, your eyes." Stiles said.

Asher turned back around, her eyes widening. "Dude."

"What about them?" Scott asked.

"What about them? They're starting to glow." Stiles told him.

Scott noticed Kira getting closer. "You mean like right now?"

Asher stepped closer to him. "No, yesterday. Yes, right now!"

"Scott, stop it. Stop it." Stiles urged.

Scott started to panic. "I can't..." He put a hand above his eyes. "I can't control it."

Stiles glanced behind them before grabbing his best friend by the shoulders. "Alright, just keep your head down. Look down, come on."

Stiles practically shoved Scott's head under his arm and walked him away, leaving Asher to deal with a very confused Kira.

"Is everything okay?" Kira came up beside her.

"Um, yep. Scott just.. He-" Asher tried to come up with an excuse. "I really don't know how to explain that. But he's good."

Kira nodded, looking at her. "You want to go, don't you?"

Asher opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out.

Kira chuckled. "Go make sure he's okay."

Asher patted her shoulder. "I love you already, Kira!"

And then she followed the boys. Kira smiled as she ran away, happy with the friendship that was forming between them.

Asher pushed the door of the classroom open to see Stiles standing in the front of the room and Scott holding himself up with the desks as he shifts.

"I don't know what's going to happen. Get back!" He tells Stiles.

Asher quickly shuts the door behind her, coming up by Stiles. She stands in front of him slightly, just incase Scott completely looses control. They watch Scott dig his claws into his palms, grunting as the blood drips down onto the floor. His eyes somehow shine brighter and he lets out a loud roar, his fangs showing. Stiles backs up a little as Scott drops to his knees. The wolf's breath slows down, leaning against one of the desks.

Stiles drops his bag and walks up to his best friend. Asher comes up behind him as Stiles crouches down to Scott's level. Asher furrows her brows in confusion.

Scott turns his palms around, showing the blood. "Pain makes you human."

"Derek teach you that?" Asher asks, getting a short nod.

"Scott, this isn't just in our heads. This is real. And it's starting to get bad for me, too." Stiles says, Scott looking into his eyes. "I'm not just having nightmares. I'm having these dreams where I literally have to scream myself awake. And sometimes I'm not even sure if I'm ever actually waking up." Stiles explains.

Asher sighs, sitting on the edge of a desk.

"What do you mean?" Scott asks.

"Do you know how you can tell if you're dreaming? You can't read in dreams. More and more, the last few days, I've been having trouble reading. It's like I can't see the words. I can't... put the letters in order." Stiles narrows his eyes.

Asher looks over at the board. "What about now?"

Stiles looks at her, seeing her serious expression. He slowly stands up to get a better look. His eyes widen, looking around at all the words around the room.

"I can't read a thing." He breathes out.

--------------------

Lydia invited Asher with her and Allison to the woods. Which is where they would be helping Allison with her archery. Well, Lydia would. Asher kind of only wanted to shift into lion form and run around.

"Do you really think this is going to help?" Allison asks as Lydia walks back from hanging a target on a tree.

"I know that if you think it's not going to help, it definitely won't." Lydia comes up beside her, clearing her throat. "So, get your head into it. Shoot a few and see what happens."

Asher, who was currently sitting on the ground playing with a leaf, spoke up. "If I run around in lion form, will you promise not to hit me?"

Allison looked down at her with a playful look. "I don't know, maybe."

Asher scoffed. "I see how our friendship is, Alli. I see." She stood up, deciding to watch her shoot her first arrow.

Allison focused up, drawing the string back as she aimed. Her hand was shaky as she let it go, the arrow going straight into the dirt. Allison glanced at Lydia, who just looked forward.

She bent down and picked up another arrow. She knocked it, pulling the string back. Her hand was more steady this time, but still shaky. Allison let the string go and once more, the arrow stuck in the dirt.

"Maybe... hold the string a different way." Lydia suggested. "Try the Mongolian draw."

The two brunettes turned turned to look at her in confusion.

"What?" Lydia looked at them, her eyebrows raised. "I read." She nodded.

Asher let out a breath. "Well, I'm going to stretch my legs so I no longer feel like the dumbest person here."

Lydia scoffed, pursing her lips. The two watch as Asher disappears behind a tree, emerging as a lioness.

"Asher... Was the dramatic effect really needed?" Allison lowered her bow.

Lion-Asher turned around and let out a low huff, pawing the ground.

Allison holds her hands up in surrender. "Okay, sorry."

Lion-Asher bares her teeth momentarily before sprinting away.

"Why does it feel like she's more sarcastic as a lion?" Lydia mumbles.

Allison shrugs. "I think she is."

Lydia nods before clasping her hands together. "Okay, Mongolian draw. Try it."

Allison grabs another arrow and knocks it before moving the bow to the right position. She draws the string back slowly before releasing it.

Lydia drops her head in disappointment as the arrow clatters to the ground. Allison brings the bow to her chest, her face displaying slight anger.

"Okay, um..." Lydia grabs her best friends shoulders. "Take a second to close your eyes... and imagine the arrow going into the target." She rubs her hands down her arms.

Allison does as she's told, taking a moment. But when she opens them again, she sees someone running through the trees. And she knows it isn't Asher. She gasps, looking around as the person just disappears.

"Did you see that?" Allison turned her head towards Lydia slightly.

Lydia looks at her. "See what?"

Allison leans down and grabs her quiver, pulling it over her shoulder. "Wait here."

Lydia holds her arms out. "Are you serious?"

"I'll be right back." Allison assures.

Lydia takes in a sharp breath, squeezing her fists together as she drops her hands. "You did not just say that."

She watches as Allison walks away, fear overtaking her. Lydia jumps as Asher appears beside her.

"Where did you come from?" Lydia gasps.

Asher points over to the side. "O- Over there." She shrugs. "Where is she going?"

Lydia sighed. "She didn't say, just that she'll be back."

Asher nodded watching Allison go deeper into the woods. "Don't worry, Lyds, nothings gonna happen to you."

Lydia scoffed. "Yeah, and how would you know that?"

Asher looked at her like she was stupid. "Because I'm here. Nothings going to hurt you while I'm here."

Lydia turned to her, a look on her face that Asher couldn't place. "Really?"

Asher smiled. "I would never let anything hurt you, Lyds."

Blood rushed to Lydia's face, causing her to blush slightly. She looked Asher in the eye. She couldn't look away.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Asher chuckled.

"Like what?" Lydia blinked.

"Like you-" Asher cut herself off, wrapping her arms around Lydia.

She turned them around, Lydia pulled into Asher's chest. Lydia gasped. Asher slowly let her go, turning around to see Isaac holding an arrow that would have hit her in the back of the neck. They look and see Allison holding her bow.

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God, Lydia. Asher." Allison drops her bow and holds her hand up.

Lydia breathes heavily, leaning her head against Asher's chest. The brunette wraps her arm around her shoulder, eyeing Isaac.

--------------------

"Right at her head?" Scott asks.

"If Asher wasn't there, almost right through it." Isaac answers, following Scott into his room. "And she keeps saying the same thing, that she keeps seeing her aunt. Whatever's happening to you guys is getting worse. And if I hadn't been there, then Asher would have been dead."

Scott looks up at him from where he's now seated on his bed. His brows are furrowed. "What were you doing there?"

Isaac falters. "Uh..."

And with that, Isaac flies into the wall. For the second time that day.

"Aw, you guys, come on!" Melissa shouts from the bottom of the stairs. "This house does not have a supernatural ability to heal! So, stop it!"

Isaac tightens his lips, letting out a sigh.

--------------------

The bell rings the next day as Stiles walks into Business class. He walks to his usual seat, seeing a girl sitting there.

"Hi, sorry, I usually sit there." Stiles tells her.

The girl moves her hands, saying something in sign language. Stiles raises his eyebrows, watching her hands move.

"Okay, no problem. That's all yours." Stiles smiles, letting out an awkward chuckle.

He moves a couple of desks back, taking a seat. He drops his bag beside him before opening the business book. Stiles flips a few pages, glancing around. He notices everyone staring straight forward with their books open already. He also realized he didn't recognize anyone. He slouches down in his chair.

"That's weird." He mumbles, finally looking towards Coach. Who is just staring at him with a blank expression. "Hey, Coach. Thought I was in the wrong class for a second." He sits up.

Coach then starts to do the same signs as the girl from before, confusing Stiles.

"Uh... okay." Stiles says. "I don't actually know sign language." Coach repeats his words. "Actually, I didn't even know that you knew sign language. Or that, that was even an elective here." He swallows, closing his book. "Well, this has been good. I'm probably gonna, uh, head out."

Stiles grips his bag before quickly stand up. Coach turns his body, following the direction Stiles is walking in. Stiles watches him, coming to a stop as he sees the rest of the class copying his signs. Stiles furrows his brows as the signs get faster. He stumbles backwards, his eyes drooping. He falls against the wall, his book dropping from his hand. A bell ringing and a whistle rings through her ears.

Stiles head shoots up from his desk with a gasp.

"Stilinski!" Coach yells.

"Uh-huh?" Stiles says.

"I asked you a question." Coach says.

"Uh... Sorry, Coach. What was it?" Stiles blinks.

"Oh, it was, "Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?"" Coach smiles.

"Oh. Well, I am now." Stiles says slowly.

Coach sighs. "Stilinski, stop reminding me why I drink... every night." He turns around. "Does anybody else want to answer the question on the board?"

Stiles looks over, seeing Scott looking at him in worry. "I'm okay. I just fell asleep for a sec."

Scott just looks at him. "Dude... you weren't asleep." He shakes his head, glancing down at the paper on Stiles' desk.

Stiles looks down, confusion on his face. He sees the words WAKE UP written all over it. He turns the notebook over in frustration.

--------------------

It was lunch time now, and the pack was seated around a picnic table. Though the only ones eating are Asher and Isaac, who are sharing, well more like fighting over, a bag of chips.

"Okay, so what happens when to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott looks around at them.

"Technically, it was a death experience, because you guys actually died." Asher pointed at him.

Scott just nods at her.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles adds.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison throws a hand out.

"They're all locked up because they're insane." Isaac says.

"Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?" Stiles squints at him.

Isaac tilts his head. "For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me."

"Okay, do we... Are you really still milking that?" Stiles scoffs.

"Yeah, we are still milking that." Isaac leans forward.

Asher leans behind Scott and slaps Stiles in the back of the head. "One more joke about someone's abuse and I will murder you."

Stiles rubs the back of his head, his jaw dropped.

"Hi. Hi, sorry." Kira walks up to them with a smile. "I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about."

Asher sends her a wave, getting one back. Then her head turns towards Isaac trying to take her chips. She gasps, snatching them back before throwing a few at his face. He shrugs, picking them up from his lap and eating them.

"And I think I actually might know what you're talking about." Kira exhales. They all focus on her. "There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called "Bardo." It literally means "in-between state." The state between life and death."

Asher nods in understanding, turning to Lydia as she speaks up.

"And what do they call you?" Lydia looks up at the girl.

"Kira." Scott says with a smile, making everyone look at him. "She's in our History class." He saves himself.

Asher leans towards him. "Scott, okay, I am totally shipping this, but save it for when it's not going to be awkward."

Scott pushes her face away with his hand.

"Rude." She mutters.

"So, are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Lydia asks.

"Either, I guess." Kira lowers herself to the open spot beside Stiles. "But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities." She smiles, obviously interested in the subject.

"Wrathful deities? And... What are those?" Isaac interjects.

Kira looks down for a second. "Like demons."

"Demons. Why not." Stiles says sarcastically.

"And here I thought you were the only demon we had." Asher sighed, getting a look from the boy.

"Hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" Allison furrows her brows.

"Death. You die." Kira smiles.

Everyone else looks around at each other with worried looks.

"Funnnn." Asher fake smiles.

--------------------

"It sounds like your subconscious is trying to communicate with you." Deaton led the two boys to the back of the Animal Clinic.

"Well, how do I tell my subconscious to use a language that I actually know?" Stiles asked.

"Do you remember what the sign language looked like?" Deaton furrowed his brows.

"Oh, hey guys." Asher spoke up from where she was sitting on the table.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Scott came up beside her.

"She's here every day after she does her homework." Deaton smiled at her.

Asher nods. "I like it here."

"Now, Stiles, do you remember the placement and the movement of the hands?" Deaton turned back to him.

"You know sign language?" Scott raised his eyebrows.

"I know a little, but Asher does." Deaton gestured to her.

"Really?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah, I mean I was homeschooled for years and I got really bored so, I learned. I actually know Russian, too." Asher nodded. "Give it to me."

"Okay, the first move was like this." Stiles starts, moving his finger in a circle above his other. "Then..."

"When..." Asher nodded.

"Then there was this, twice." Stiles moves his hands.

"Door." She said.

"And there's this in between that." Stiles finishes.

"Really? Is that it? Nothing else?" Asher furrowed her brows.

"Yeah." He shrugged.

""When is a door not a door?" A riddle." Asher nodded at the same time Deaton mumbled the same thing.

""When is a door not a door?"" Stiles repeated, an incredulous look on his face.

"When it's ajar." Scott revealed.

"You're kidding me. A riddle." Stiles blinked. "My subconscious wants to tell me a riddle?"

Asher shrugged, hopping off the table. "At least it was an easy one."

She walked over to her backpack on the counter and pulled out a bag of chips.

"Not necessarily." Deaton said to Stiles as Asher took her spot back on the table. "When the three of you went under the water, when you crossed from unconsciousness to a kind of super consciousness... you essentially opened a door in your minds."

"Okay, so what does that mean?" Scott looked between him and Stiles. "The door's still open?"

"Ajar." Deaton corrected.

"A door... into our minds?" Stiles said slowly as if he was still trying to processes everything.

"We told you it was dangerous, Stiles." Asher said, holding her chips out as Scott took one.

"What do we do about it?" Scott asked.

"Well, that's... difficult to answer." Deaton tilted his head.

"No, wait a sec, I know that look." Stiles stopped him. "That's the "we know exactly what's wrong with you and we have no idea how to fix it" look." He pointed.

"One thing I do know... is that having an opening like that into your mind, it's not good." Deaton shook his head. "You each need to close that door. And you need to do it as soon as possible."

--------------------

Scott and Stiles exited the Animal Clinic, their minds heavy with the information they just received. The boys stopped as they saw a car pull up, Sheriff Stilinski getting out of it.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Stile asked.

Noah stopped in front of them, rubbing his hands together. "I'm here because I could use a help. Actually... your help." He turned to Scott.

"Why me?" Scott questioned.

"Because eight years ago, almost an entire family died in a car accident. One of the bodies, a young girl named Malia, was never found. There's enough evidence to have me thinking that... That a werewolf could have caused the accident, and then dragged her body away." Scott and Stiles threw each other a glance. "If you could somehow get a lock on her scent, if you could somehow help me find her body, it might provide the missing clue."

Scott shifted his weight as he listened to this.

"And what if it was a werewolf?" Stiles asks.

"Well, there's somebody out there who murdered an entire family. Someone who still needs to be caught." Stilinski said plainly.

--------------------

"Asher, what have I said about laying down on the tables?" Deaton walked up beside her.

It had been a few minutes since Scott and Stiles left, the man and Asher left behind.

Asher pushed herself up into a sitting position. "To not do it because my scent all over the table upsets the dogs."

Deaton smiled. "Exactly. So, how was school today?"

Asher sighed. "It was alright, I guess." Then she smirked. "Scott's got a crush, and I made friends with her."

"What's her name?" Deaton asked.

"Kira Yukimura. Her dad's the new History teacher. She's really cool." Asher nodded.

The man nodded. "And how was work?"

This made Asher drop off the table and flop face down on the floor.

"That well, huh?" Deaton sassed.

Asher turned over to lay on her back, Deaton stepping over her. "Well, this really annoying old lady came in. She kept saying I shouldn't be working at the coffee shop, but instead at home with a husband. So, I was like, "well what the fuck are you doing here then?"" She gestured with her arms.

"Watch your language." Deaton looked down at her.

"That's what she said! Anyway, besides that no one else really bothered me. Well, Ethan came in and asked me when I would be going to see him and Aiden." Asher put a hand on her head.

"I'm assuming you told him it wouldn't be happening anytime soon?" Deaton stepped over her again.

"Not in those exact words, but I've been busy, Doc! With school, work, the full moons, unpacking my room. I want to see the twins, I really do, but I haven't had the time." She ran her hands down her face.

"Make time, then. Asher, you have plenty of time to unpack, it wouldn't kill you to call out once or twice and you skip school all the time already." Deaton said.

Asher sat up. "How do you know that?"

"I'm officially your guardian, Asher. I get calls if you don't show up." He chuckles.

"Okay, in my defense, I only skip Chemistry!" She stood up.

Deaton sighed. "Still need to go to class."

"I know, I knowwwww." Asher pouted. "But since we were talking about work, I have some extra money from my last paycheck. I could gi-"

"I'm not taking your money, Asher." He turned to her with a smile. "It's not like I'm renting the room out, I pretty much adopted you."

Asher sighed. "I know, but I feel bad. I'm making money now and I don't want you to feel like I don't appreciate everything you've done for me."

Deaton grabbed her shoulder. "I know you do. And I'm happy to do it all for you, Asher. We're family, now."

Asher looked up at him, her expression mixed with admiration and care. She suddenly threw her arms around him, pulling him into a hug. Deaton was taken aback, she hadn't hugged him before. A smile slowly made it's way to his face and he hugged her back.

"Thank you." She mumbled against his chest.

"What for?" He asked.

"For everything." Asher smiled.

--------------------

It was the next day and Scott, Stiles, and a quite reluctant Asher, were sneaking into the back of the Tate house. Asher didn't necessarily want to be there, but she thought the breaking and entering was fun, so she came along. They slowly stepped over a cage on the back porch as they walked up to the back door that led to Malia's old room.

Stiles twisted the knob, stopping and squeezing his eyes shut as it started to creak. Asher gave him a look that told him to hurry up. He pushed it slowly, making it creak again. Scott ran his hands down his face in frustration before Stiles just shoved it open quickly, waving them inside. The two ran inside and he shut the door behind them.

Sheriff Stilinski was currently in the living room talking to Henry Tate. The man thought it was about details and new evidence of his dead families case, but he was just being distracted. So, yay to reopening old wounds!

Stiles was throwing stuffed animals from the girls bed at the two. Well, handing them to Scott and throwing them at Asher. The two sniffed the toys, not getting anything distinguishable.

"All I'm getting is some animal smell." Scott said.

"What kind of animal?" Stiles paced.

Asher scrunched her face up, throwing one of the stuffies back at Stiles. "It's a dog, gross." They gave her looks. "I'm literally a cat, guys."

Scott was looking behind Asher as a growl sounded through the air. Asher slowly turned around and saw a big Rottweiler.

"Dog." Scott said to get Stiles' attention.

Stiles, who was holding up a horse toy for the boy to smell, looked up. His expression quickly changed.

"Hi puppy." Stiles whispered. "Get rid of it."

"Me?" Scott leaned towards him.

"Yes, you." Asher urged. "He would attack me if I tried anything. He can tell what my scent is, and I have a feeling this dude does not like cats."

"Glow your eyes at it, something." Stiles continued. "Be the alpha."

The dog snarled once more.

"I can't. I don't have control." Scott replied, not moving a muscle.

"Asher?" Stiles quickly slapped her on the shoulder.

"Nuh-uh." She shook her head.

"Okay, buddy, you're gonna have to try something." Stiles turned slightly more to Scott.

Scott hesitantly put his hand out, taking small steps towards the dog.

"Nice doggy..." He says as he comes up beside Asher.

Stiles gave him a look, Asher putting her face in her hands. The dog started to bark, making the three jump back in fear.

"God, I really don't like dogs." Asher whispered, making the dog bark again. "Got something against me, now?" She scoffed.

In the front room, Henry looked back into the hallway. Stilinski's eyes widened for a moment, worried the kids were caught.

"Apollo!" The man shouted.

The dog continued to bark at them. Asher slowly grabbed Stiles by the arms and moved him in front of her.

"Wha-?" He started, but Asher cut him off by putting a hand over his mouth.

"Shut the hell up."

"Apollo, shut up! Shut the hell up!" Henry yelled.

Apollo suddenly stopped, just staring at them. Asher removed her hand from Stiles mouth, dropping her hands on his shoulders. Scott and Stiles were practically hugging each other at this point.

The dog whined, turning around and leaving.

Asher pushed herself away from the boys, blinking. Stiles shook his head, immediately grabbing a book and handing it to Scott.

"Here. Try that." He said.

Scott grabbed the book.

"Anything?" Stiles asked.

Scott shook his head. "All I'm getting is that dog."

Stiles sighs, his focus landing on a picture in front of him. Asher came up between the two boys, leaning over their shoulders. The Stilinski boy pulled his phone out and snapped a picture of the photo.

It's two young girls on a blanket outside. One has a doll in her lap and the other has a soccer ball beside her.

"I have a feeling that dog really wanted to attack me, so can we maybe leave now?" Asher rubbed her hands together.

"Yeah, we gotta go meet up with my dad anyways." Stiles nods.

The three filed out of the door, heading to Stiles' jeep.

--------------------

The jeep pulled up behind the Sheriff's SUV. Stiles hopped out the drivers seat as Scott gets out the passenger seat, pulling his seat forward for Asher. The three walk up to Sheriff Stilinski.

"I'm sorry." Scott said. "I tried as hard as I could. If it wasn't so long ago, I might've been able to do it."

"Same here, Sheriff. Wish I could've been more help." Asher added.

"It's okay, kids. It was a long shot." He said. "In fact, it was a pretty terrible idea. I think I just ripped a wound open in that old man. I never should have brought you guys here. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for trying, alright?" Noah grabbed the car handle.

"Yeah." Scott nodded, getting a pat on the shoulder.

"Anytime, Mr. S." Asher sent him a smile.

Noah chuckled, giving her arm a squeeze. He pulled the door open and got in.

"See you at home." He told Stiles.

Stiles threw up a hand as a wave. Noah started the engine, buckling his seatbelt and then pulling away.

"Aren't there a lot of cases that go unsolved?" Scott turned to his best friend.

"Yeah, I just think this is one he... felt like he could've figured out right now." Stiles sighed.

"What's so important right now?" Asher shrugged.

"Well, he wants to be able to solve one while he's still Sheriff." Stiles told them.

Scott furrowed his brows. "What do you mean "still Sheriff"?"

"Who the hell do I need to punch, Stiles?" Asher groaned as she saw the look on his face.

--------------------

Asher unfortunately didn't get to punch anyone. The boys dropped her off at home, not letting her go with Scott to confront his dad. She was kind of glad, considering last they met she had told him a fake name. And since Deaton officially adopted her, the mans gotta know she lied.

She walked up the walkway to her home, well Deaton's home, but she guesses it was her now too. She let out a huff, ready to just go to sleep. But it was around seven pm and she knew she couldn't sleep right now.

"Doc, I'm home!" Asher called as she opened the door.

Deaton came around the corner from the kitchen, a towel in his hand. "Hey, Asher. How'd it go?"

Asher groaned, throwing herself over the back of the coach. "We didn't find anything. A dog wanted to attack me though."

Deaton smiled as he took a seat beside her. "At least it didn't."

Asher adjusted herself to a sitting position, facing the man. "Very true, Doc, very true." She pointed at him.

"You hungry? I made some soup." Deaton offered.

"Mm, what kind?" Asher raised her eyebrow.

"Your favorite kind." Deaton smiled.

A bright smile made it's way to the girls face as she pushed herself off the couch. "You're literally the best, Doc!"

The man watched as she rushed to the kitchen to find the soup. He could hear the cabinets opening and the pot clattering as she got some.

"Wait, do we have some-" Asher started.

"Saltines are in the snack cabinet!" Deaton called back.

He heard her say thank you before she emerged from the kitchen and made her way back to the couch. Asher set her bowl on the coffee table as she got in a good position on the couch. She leaned down and picked her bowl up, taking a bite.

"Did I make it right?" Deaton asked.

Asher nodded, swallowing. "It's great, Doc. Thank you."

"Anytime."

--------------------

It had been a couple hours and Asher was sitting in her room doing some school work on her laptop when she got a phone call.

"Scott? What's up?" She answered.

"She's a coyote." Was all he said.

"What- I'm sorry? Who's a coyote?" Asher furrowed her eyebrows.

"Malia, she's a coyote. Or- Or a were-coyote. Whatever. Her body is currently a coyote." Scott rambled.

Asher exhaled. "Well, that just made this whole thing a lot harder, didn't it?"

"Definitely." Scott nodded from the other end.

"Thanks for telling me. We'll figure it out tomorrow, don't worry." Asher said.

"No problem. See you tomorrow. Oh and Asher?" Scott urged before they hung up.

"Hmm?"

"Bring me a bagel tomorrow?" She could just see the pleading look on his face.

"We'll see, волчонок." Asher smirked.

(wolfie)

"What?" Scott faltered.

"I told you I know Russian." And then she hung up.

authors note:

sorry its been a bit since ive updated. i havent really had the motivation...

bro it physically pained me to write asher not liking dogssss like ugh

asher and deaton are the new father daughter duo and im so here for it!

some allisher and ashydia this chapter

sciles+asher... best trio? well more like scott and asher, scott and stiles and then asher and stiles tolerating each other.

thanks for reading! hope you enjoyed!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

114K 4.3K 136
β€’ BOOK ONE β€’ "That makes me her best friend, not a fucking mind reader!" When a witch with terrible fashion sense and a quick wit is dragged into a w...
23.9K 1K 41
Summary~ What if things didn't reach the point of Stiles actually leaving? What if the hellhound came earlier than expected? What if through all thi...
37.1K 1K 16
[Takes place in season 3A] Everything seemed to be perfect in the small town of Beacon Hills. True-Alpha Scott McCall and his pack of friends; Stiles...
35.5K 804 35
[BOOK 2] COMPLETE βœ… "Katherine? No." Freya said to her. "My humanity flipped the second I started to feel the pain of me killing the women and Alli...