POMEGRANATE, addams

By madebyrach

Mother, let me tell you a secret Your flowers always died in my hands And I hated being the goddess of spri... More

𝖕𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖊
𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝖆𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖘
𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙
𝖘𝖞𝖓𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖘
𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖍𝖆𝖘
𝖎. 𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘
𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖘, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘
𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖆 𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖘
𝖎𝖛. 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖓 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖍
𝖛. 𝖙𝖔𝖎𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊
𝖛𝖎. 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖊, 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘
𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖕𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖎𝖙, 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐
𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖎𝖘
𝖎𝖝. 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖇𝖔𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖝. 𝖉𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊
𝖝𝖎. 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖔𝖓 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖛. 𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖉𝖔𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖙 𝖒𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞
𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘
𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝖉𝖊𝖓
𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖞
𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊
𝖝𝖝. 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖎. 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖓 𝖚𝖕, 𝖇𝖚𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖈𝖚𝖕
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖊𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖛. 𝖆𝖖𝖚𝖆 𝖙𝖔𝖋𝖆𝖓𝖆
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖇𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖎𝖝 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝. 𝖎𝖓𝖋𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎. 𝖘𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖕𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖆 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛. 𝖋𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖞𝖉𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖜𝖔 𝖇𝖎𝖗𝖉𝖘, 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖓𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖒𝖆𝖓'𝖘 𝖜𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖔𝖓
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖌𝖊𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘
𝖝𝖑. 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘
𝖝𝖑𝖎. 𝖗𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖑 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖆 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖞
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖛. 𝖓𝖔 𝖇𝖔𝖉𝖞, 𝖓𝖔 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖛. 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘 𝖆 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖔𝖗
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊𝖗, 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖆𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖝. 𝖆 𝖒𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖞
𝖑𝖎. 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊
𝖑𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆 𝖘𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖆
𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖎 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖗, 𝖒𝖎 𝖛𝖎𝖉𝖆
𝖑𝖎𝖛. 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖘𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖘𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜
𝖑𝖛. 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖍𝖔𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖍
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖈

𝖑. 𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖉𝖔 𝖚𝖘 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙

12.3K 561 45
By madebyrach

'Created to save the one I love,
To keep him from the Heavens above.
Although his hands are dripping with red,
Covered in the blood of mortals struck dead,
I would throw myself upon the pyre
To keep him warm and stoke the fire.
For crimson taints my fingertips
Bringing pomegranate seeds to his lips.'

Giulia's words linger in Persephone's mind as she remembers that Aqua Tofana has an antidote. Placing a loving kiss on Hades' head, Persephone rushes to Miss Thornhill/ Laurel Gates' desk to grab the recipe book. She rushes back to Hades' side as she flicks through the book frantically.

"Oh, come on!" She pleads desperately, barely able to read the words on each page through the row of tears gathered on her lower lashes. Finally reaching the right page, her relief is short-lived as she discovers that the page with the instructions for making the antidote have been ripped out. "No, no, no, no, no!" She repeats as she searches wildly through the pages of the book for any other clues on what to do. It seems all hope is lost.

Blind with rage, she throws the book carelessly to one side and lowers her forehead to Hades' chest. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." She mumbles, her lips salty from the tears dribbling down her cheeks. She then hears a clink against the stone floor. Lifting her head, she finds the necklace she had secured around her neck gently tapping against the cold, hard ground. The red liquid sloshing inside the hidden vial catches her eye as her mind begins to whir. "Bringing pomegranate seeds to his lips." She mutters thoughtfully to herself. She wonders if Giulia passed the antidote from generation to generation concealed within the family heirloom.

With no time to lose, she removes the necklace and unscrews the pendant from the chain. She tilts Hades' head up by his chin as his body convulses beneath her. Then she pours the red liquid into his mouth and hopes for a miracle. With her hands cradling his cheeks, she scans his face for any sign of change.

"Come on, Hades." She whispers desperately, watching his eyes begin to flutter. Her eyes are blurred and her throat is raw. It's the most she's cried in years, and it shows no sign of stopping any time soon. He still isn't moving. She doesn't know what to do. Fresh tears are constantly replacing the ones already shed, creating a never-ending waterfall on her cheeks. "Please. You said you'd never leave me. I can't- I can't do it without you." Her breath feels like it's running away from her at a pace too fast for her to catch. As her chest rises and falls like crazy, Hades' seems to be doing the opposite. It slows down with each shuddering inhale until it is almost undetectable.

Persephone has never been so scared of losing something in her life, because nothing had ever meant as much to her as Hades has. She has so much to lose if she loses him. Her smile. Her laugh. Her heart. Her home. Everything. He calms her storm and fuels her fire. All her panic, anxiety and anger disappears with the sound of his voice and the feel of his hand slipping into hers. He taught her how to love herself for everything she is and everything she could strive to be. He gave her the confidence to do whatever the hell she wanted and not give a fuck about who was watching. Because why would she care when he is right there beside her, cheering her on every step of the way?

"Please. I love you so much." She whimpers, face screwed up in pain as she grasps one of his hands in both of her own. She presses their conjoined hands to her chest, where her heart roars passionately like a lion in a cage. "My heart beats for you, Mon Cher... Only for you. You are my love and my life. Mi amor y mi vida." Her voice cracks as she squeezes onto his hand, hoping to feel him squeeze back... but nothing.

"I- I-" Hades is struggling to even breathe at this point. But if this is his last moments on earth, he's glad to be spending it with her. And Gods be damned, they are not taking him before he can try and get these words out. He needs her to know. "Lo- Love..."

Suddenly, with no warning, his head falls to one side and his hand goes limp, dropping onto his unmoving chest. "No!" She screams, leaning over his pale face. "You're not dying! You're going to stay with me! You said you'd stay with me!" Then her voice quiets to a whisper as her bottom lip trembles, "Please stay with me."

How she wishes it was all a joke. That Wednesday and Enid would hop out from behind the plants recording the whole thing. That Hades' lips would curve into a smirk, chuckling at how he was able to fool her. That his eyelids would open to reveal the rich, beautiful colours of the earth staring back at her. That his heart would beat at its steady pace under her palm. That she could lean her forehead against his chest and feel the rhythmic rise and fall.

Why would the Gods punish her so? And with such cruelty. To bring soulmates together, only to then rip them apart prematurely? What crime has she committed to be convicted to such a ruthless sentence? If she knew, she would take it all back. Beg on her knees for forgiveness. Anything. She would do anything they asked of her, if they would only bring him back. Her despair and denial rapidly turns to anger.

Persephone grits her teeth as she pants heavily, in through her nose and out through her mouth. Her brown eyes are bitter as nightshade, darkening with her murderous rage. She is seething as her fists clench harshly. Her power simmers inside her, like boiling lava ready to unleash havoc. It builds inside her, growing and growing. There is nothing to stop her, no one holding her back. Emotion after emotion whirls around her mind in a twisting tornado.

She's more powerful than you think.

Hades' words echo in her mind, further adding fuel to her fire. He struck the match and threw it on the pyre, setting ablaze the notion that she is capable of more than what was expected of her. Now she is a raging inferno. An uncontrollable bonfire with flames erupting inside her heart. He had always believed in her... So for him, she would become the fire.

A heart-wrenching scream escapes her lips as a wave of power bursts from her body in all directions. Persephone shoots upright as she feels the energy flood her body. The pulsing yellow explosion of light continues to pour out of her, breathing new vibrancy into the plants of the greenhouse. Just like her explosion during the Poe Cup, nature comes to life around her. It calls to her, feels her pain, obeys her commands. But she doesn't focus on her surroundings. Golden hues engulf Hades, searing over his body. Persephone recalls the energy burst, collecting her magic into a small galaxy of sparks cupped in her hands. It whirls around in its containment like a whizzing firework, crackling and jolting, ready to be released. Persephone controls the energy enough to place the glowing embers to Hades' chest, right above his heart. The gold melts into his skin and seeps through his entire body. He is radiantly illuminated in the blinding light but Persephone stares on with fiery eyes.

As the light fades and everything returns to as it was before, Persephone stares at the man she loves, still unmoving on the floor. She hangs her head in utter despair. 7 billion people inhabited this earth with her, yet she had never felt so alone knowing Hades had truly been taken from her. He was dead because of her.

"Did I go to heaven?" A deep, teasing voice questions making Persephone's head snap up. His lips were curved into a weak, goofy smirk. His eyelids were open, exposing the rich brown eyes that were hidden underneath. His chest was rising and falling with gentle breaths. " 'Cos I see an angel before me."

Persephone can't answer him. Her mouth opens and closes as she gasps for something to say. She has to check that it's real, that he's alive and not just some figment of her imagination. Had she truly gone insane?

A shaky hand reaches forward to lay on his chest, internal pleads filling her mind as she begged to feel something, anything, to prove its real. A melodic thumping beats under her palm. Tears spring to her eyes as she chuckles in disbelief. Hades places his hand over hers and squeezes once. He's smiling now. The largest smile she's ever seen, a grin from ear to ear. It hurts his cheeks but he doesn't care and neither does she. "My heart beats for you, Cara Mía."

With no hesitation, she leaps forward to wrap him in a hug which he quickly returns. His left hand snakes up her back to cradle her head as his right hand circles her waist. She sits sideways on his lap, burying her face into his neck with her eyes scrunched shut. She's sure she has almost squeezed the newly-restored air from his lungs but can't seem to let him go just yet.

Time stands still to admire the pair as destiny takes a bow. The Fates cheer and applaud the scene and the Gods smile down from above. But eventually time must move on and the story has to continue. For the plot has thickened and the war is not won. A monster is still on the loose...

And she wears red boots.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 1.2K 33
Enduring a lifetime of tragedy and death is not how most people dream they life would be, to be fair neither did Hecate but you either embrace the pa...
19.6K 431 19
"You can have anything you want," He plucked the ripest for me from the tree. "Everything in my world is yours." With all of my mother's warnings, I...
181K 5K 62
A retelling of the myth of Hades and Persephone -- For as long as Persephone can remember it has always been her and her mother. Until one day, a str...
24K 250 16
Imagines of the Wednesday Characters *requests open* I hope you'll enjoy it (: ❗️ I dont own any characters except OC's , all rights belong to Netfl...