Unrepentant | DOCTOR WHO [ON...

By theunstableoriginal

Unrepentant: (adj.) showing no regret for one's wrongdoings Or in which a 1,026-year-old Original vampire is... More

PROLOGUE
CAST
one | smith and jones
two | the shakespeare code
three | gridlock
four | daleks in manhattan
five | evolution of the daleks
six | the lazarus experiment
seven | 42
eight | human nature
nine | the family of blood
ten | blink
eleven | utopia
twelve | the sound of drums
thirteen | last of the time lords
fourteen | Christmas Special 2007: Voyage of the Damned
fifteen | partners in crime
sixteen | the fires of pompeii
seventeen | planet of the ood
eighteen | the sontaran stratagem
nineteen | the poison sky
twenty one | the unicorn and the wasp
twenty two | silence in the library
twenty three | forest of the dead
twenty four | midnight
twenty five | turn left
twenty six | the stolen earth
twenty seven | journey's end
twenty eight | christmas special 2008: the next doctor
twenty nine | special 2009: planet of the dead
thirty | special 2009: the waters of mars
thirty one | christmas special 2009: the end of time part 1
thirty two | christmas special 2009: the end of time part 2
thirty three | victory of the daleks
thirty four | the time of angels
thirty five | flesh and stone
thirty six | the vampires of venice
thirty seven | amy's choice
thirty eight | the hungry earth
thirty nine | cold blood
forty | vincent and the doctor
forty one | the lodger
forty two | the pandorica opens
forty three | the big bang
forty four | the impossible astronaut
forty five | day of the moon
forty six | a good man goes to war
forty seven | let's kill hitler
forty eight | the god complex
forty nine | asylum of the daleks
fifty | dinosaurs on a spaceship
fifty one | a town called mercy
fifty two | the power of three
fifty two | the angels take manhattan
fifty three | nightmare in silver
fifty four | the name of the doctor
fifty five | 50th anniversary special: the day of the doctor
info about the ocs

twenty | the doctor's daughter

324 8 9
By theunstableoriginal

While the three of them continued to hold on to the controls and Annabelle only continued to remain seated in the Doctor's chair with her head hanging off of the back of it, Donna asked, "What the hell is he doing?"

Then the Doctor said, "The controls aren't working." As he quickly bent over to look at the cut-off hand that was still in the very same container that he got from Captain Jack Harkness, the Doctor told them, "I don't know where we're going, but my old hand's very excited about it."

In turn, Donna said to him, "I thought that was just some freaky alien thing. Are you telling me it's yours?"

With a mere tilt of his head, the Doctor said to her, "Well..."

Then Martha told Donna, "It got cut off. He grew a new one."

After letting out a gasp, Donna said to the Doctor, "You are completely impossible."

The Doctor replied, "I'm not impossible. Just a bit unlikely."

After Annabelle had simply snorted to herself in response to his words, sparks could be seen coming out of the controls, which got Donna and Martha to fall onto the floor and the Doctor to– quite literally– fall onto Annabelle and the chair that she was sitting on.

And before the Doctor even had the chance to truly process what had just happened, Annabelle pushed him off of her and simply let him land onto the floor of his very own TARDIS with a groan.

Then the Doctor quickly looked between the three of them before he ran over towards the door to the TARDIS and poked his head out of it and then proceeded to walk outside of the TARDIS with Donna, Martha and Annabelle not that far behind him.

It wasn't until they were all outside of the TARDIS that the Doctor asked, "Why did the TARDIS bring us here?"

In turn, Martha said, "Oh, I love this bit."

Donna said to her, "I thought you wanted to go home."

Martha replied, "I know, but all the same... It's that feeling you get."

Then Donna said, "Like you swallowed a hamster."

Just when Martha started to turn her head to look over at Donna with a grin on her face, a voice could be heard saying, "Don't move. Stay where you are!" While the Doctor and Martha were quick to raise their hands over their heads, one of the men carrying guns said, "Drop your weapons!"

The Doctor told him, "We're not armed. Look, no weapons, never any weapons. We're safe."

And while Donna followed suit with raising her hands and Annabelle simply blankly stared at the men that were carrying guns, another one of the men said, "Look at their hands. They're clean."

In turn, the first man said, "Alright, process them. Him first."

As soon as two of them had grabbed onto the Doctor and started to lead him away from Donna, Martha and Annabelle, the Doctor yelled, "Wait! Oi! What's wrong with clean hands?"

While Annabelle slowly walked after the Doctor and both Donna and Martha were quick to run after him, Martha asked, "What's going on? Leave him alone."

Then– after finding his arm being forced into the machine– the Doctor let out a groan before he said with a turn of his head, "Something tells me this isn't about to check my blood pressure."

After the Doctor let out a yell, Donna asked them, "What are you doing to him?"

One of the men carrying a gun said to her, "Everyone gets processed."

Then the Doctor said, "Oh, it's taking a tissue sample. Ow, ow, ow, ow! An extrapolator here. Some kind of accelerator?"

As soon as the Doctor could pull his hand out of the machine and had taken a couple of steps back from it, Donna and Martha were quick to rush over to him, while Martha asked him, "Are you alright?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "I don't know." While Annabelle stared at the machine that stood a mere couple of feet in front of them with her eyes narrowed and her head tilted to the side, the Doctor said, "That's..."

It wasn't long after the doors could be seen opening and a hissing sound could be heard that a young-looking, blonde-haired woman could be seen stepping out of the machine and looking around the outside of the machine before she was approached by one of the men, who said to her, "Arm yourself."

While the young woman only stared down at the gun that was now in her hands, Martha asked the Doctor, "Where did she come from?"

The Doctor said to her, "From me."

Donna replied, "From you? How? Who is she?"

The Doctor told her, "Well, she's... Well... She's my daughter."

With a bit of a smile on her face and a mere nod of her head, the young woman said to him, "Hello, Dad."

* * *

While the Doctor's apparent daughter walked away from the machine that she had come out of only a moment ago, the man that had handed her a gun asked her, "Are you primed to take orders, ready to fight?"

In turn, she said to the man, "Instant mental download of all strategic and military protocol, sir. Generation 5000 soldier, primed and in peak physical health." After cocking her gun, she said, "Oh, I'm ready."

After the young woman had pointed her gun in front of herself, Donna asked the Doctor, "Did you say daughter?"

The Doctor said to her, "Mm. Technically."

Martha asked him, "Technically how?"

The Doctor told them, "Progenation, reproduction from a single organism. It means one parent is biological mother and father. You take a sample of diploid cells, split them into haploids, then recombine them in a different arrangement and grow, very quickly, apparently."

It was then that– after hearing a sort of crashing in the distance– the Doctor's apparent daughter said, "Something's coming."

While the Doctor tried to pull Donna and Martha further back from what was happening right in front of them and both Donna and Martha had taken it upon themselves to pull Annabelle back with them, one of the men yelled, "It's the Hath!"

Then the Doctor's daughter yelled, "Get down!"

While Martha went to duck down in a section of her own, the Doctor and Donna started to drag Annabelle towards another part of the tunnel, which resulted in Annabelle simply staring ahead of herself with a blank look on her face as she was dragged away from the others.

And while the Doctor and Donna continued to keep a mildly annoyed Annabelle with them and away from the ongoing gunfire, despite the Doctor's knowledge that she could quite easily heal from getting hit by the bullets, one of the men had fallen onto the ground, which got another one of the men to say, "We have to blow the tunnel. Get the detonator!"

As he quickly moved away from Annabelle and Donna, the Doctor said, "We're not detonating anything."

Shortly after another man had fallen onto the ground, Annabelle could hear the sound of muffled screaming, which got Annabelle to let out a sigh when she turned her head and saw that Martha was the one that was doing the screaming.

And in response to seeing Martha getting dragged away by one of the Hath, Annabelle started to rip her arm out of Donna's grasp, shortly before Donna yelled, "Doctor!"

With a quick turn of his head, the Doctor saw Annabelle heading after Martha and dragging Donna along with her, due to the fact that Donna had both of her hands tightly wrapped around one of Annabelle's legs.

Then the Doctor turned to his apparent daughter when the only man standing yelled, "Grab it! Blow the thing!"

Then– after turning around fully and seeing Martha still getting dragged away by one of the Hath– the Doctor yelled, "Martha!" After his daughter had taken a quick glance at him, the Doctor quickly moved over towards her as he said, "No. Don't!"

It was then that– after turning around once more and seeing that Annabelle had shaken Donna off of her own leg and was attempting to make her way past him– the Doctor quickly grabbed Annabelle by the arm and tried to do what he could to drag her away from the explosion that was due to happen, despite just how much Annabelle was fighting against him.

Even Donna tried to do what she could to help with dragging Annabelle away from the explosion that was due to happen at any second.

Unfortunately for them, though, neither of them were the least bit capable of making Annabelle move, so the most that the two of them could do was throw themselves out of the way and duck for cover– forcing Annabelle to come to a halt and not get anywhere close to getting Martha back once the explosion had actually occurred and saw many pieces of debris keeping herself separated from Martha.

While Annabelle slowly turned around to stare at the Doctor, Donna and the Doctor's daughter with narrowed eyes, the Doctor said to his daughter, "You've sealed off the tunnel. Why did you do that?"

The Doctor's daughter told him, "They were trying to kill us."

The Doctor replied, "But they've got my friend."

In turn, his daughter said to her, "Collateral damage. At least you've still got the two of them. He lost both his men. I'd say you came out ahead."

In response to her words, Annabelle quickly sped over towards them and then– upon reaching them– stared down at the Doctor's daughter with her veins on display and her head tilted to the side.

The Doctor's daughter turned her attention away from the veins that were visibly shown on Annabelle's face and over towards Donna, who told her, "Her name's Martha. And she's not collateral damage, not for anyone. Have you got that, GI Jane?"

While the Doctor's daughter only turned away from them with a mere blink of her eyes, the Doctor turned away from them as he said, "I'm gonna find her."

It was then that the only remaining man pointed his gun at them and cocked it as he said, "You're going nowhere."

In turn, Annabelle said to him, "And neither will you, if you don't point that gun somewhere else."

While the Doctor only held out an arm in front of Annabelle, the man told them, "You don't make sense, you three. No guns, no marks, no fight in you." While Annabelle only tilted her head at him, he said, "I'm taking you to General Cobb. Now move."

* * *

While the Doctor did what he could to keep Annabelle from going up to the man with the gun and killing him, Donna said to the Doctor's daughter, "I'm Donna. What's your name?"

The Doctor's daughter replied, "Don't know. It's not been assigned."

In turn, Donna asked her, "Well, if you don't know that, what do you know?"

While the Doctor kept his hands on Annabelle's shoulders in his own attempt to keep her from looking at the gunman that was walking right behind them, the Doctor's daughter said, "How to fight."

Donna asked her, "Nothing else?"

It was then that the Doctor said, "The machine must embed military history and tactics, but no name. She's a generated anomaly."

In turn, Donna said, "'Generated anomaly'? Generated." Then she turned to the Doctor's daughter and asked her, "Well, what about that? Jenny."

With a nod of her head, Jenny said, "Jenny. Yeah. I like that. Jenny."

Then Donna asked the Doctor, "What do you think, Dad?"

The Doctor replied, "Good as anything, I suppose."

In turn, Donna asked him, "You're not what you call a natural parent, are you?"

The Doctor told her, "They stole a tissue sample at gunpoint and processed it. It's not what I'd call natural parenting."

Donna said to him, "Rubbish. My friend Neris fathered twins using a turkey baster. It don't bother her."

The Doctor asked her, "Can I extrapolate a relationship from a biological accident?"

Donna replied, "Uh, Child Support Agency can."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Look, just 'cause I share certain physiological traits with simian primates doesn't make me a monkey's uncle, does it?"

With a quick turn of her head, Jenny said to him, "I'm not a monkey... or a child."

Annabelle retorted, "Maybe not, but you're the one that quite possibly got Martha Jones killed, so if I were you, I'd keep my mouth shut before you find that tongue of yours torn out of your head."

* * *

With a mere turn of her head, Donna said, "But this is a theater."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Maybe they're doing Miss Saigon."

While the Doctor sat down on the thing closest to him, Donna continued to look around herself as she said, "It's like a town or a city underground. But why?"

It was then that a man with white hair started to make his way over towards them, which got the Doctor to say, "General Cobb, I presume."

As he came to a halt in front of them, General Cobb said, "Found in the western tunnels, I'm told, with no marks. There was an outbreak of pacifism in the eastern zone, three generations back, before we lost contact. Is that where you came from?"

With a nod of his head, the Doctor told him, "Eastern zone, that's us. Yeah, yeah. I'm the Doctor. This is Annabelle and this is Donna."

While Donna only nodded her head at General Cobb and Annabelle only stared at him with her eyes narrowed and her head tilted to the side, Jenny said, "And I'm Jenny."

In turn, General Cobb said to them, "Don't think you can infect us with your peacemaking. We're committed to the fight to the very end."

The Doctor replied, "Well, that's alright. I can't stay anyway. I gotta go and find my friend."

General Cobb told him, "That's not possible. All movement is regulated. We're at war."

The Doctor said to him, "Yes. I noticed. With the Hath. But tell me, 'cause we got a bit out of circulation, eastern zone and all that, so who exactly are the Hath?"

* * *

While he walked them through the encampment, General Cobb told them, "Back at the dawn of this planet, these ancient halls were carved from the earth. Our ancestors dreamt of a new beginning, a colony where human and Hath could work and live together."

The Doctor asked him, "So, what happened?"

General Cobb said to him, "The dream died, broken along with Hath promises. They wanted it all for themselves. But those early pioneers, they fought back. They used the machines to produce soldiers instead of colonists and began this battle for survival."

With a point of her finger, Donna said, "There's nothing but earth outside. Why is that? Why build everything underground?"

With a nod of his head, the man that forced them to walk to the encampment said to her, "The surface is too dangerous."

Donna replied, "Well, then why build windows in the first place? And what's this mean?"

General Cobb told her, "The rites and symbols of our ancestors. The meanings lost in time."

The Doctor asked him, "How long has this war gone on for?"

General Cobb said to him, "Longer than anyone can remember. Countless generations marked only by the dead."

With furrowed eyebrows, Donna asked him, "What, fighting all this time?"

With a nod of her head, Jenny said, "Because we must. Every child of the machine is born with this knowledge. It's our inheritance. It's all we know. How to fight and how to die."

* * *

As he stared at the map, the Doctor asked, "Does this show the entire city, including the Hath side?"

In turn, General Cobb said to him, "Yes. Why?"

The Doctor told him, "Well, it'll help us find Martha."

With a scoff, the young man said to him, "We've more important things to do." While Annabelle was quick to turn her head to look over at the young man with her veins on display and her hands clenched into fists, the young man said, "The progenation machines are powered down for the night shift, but, as soon as they're active, we could breed a whole platoon from the three of you."

Donna said to him, "I'm not having sons and daughters by some great big flipping machine."

Then Annabelle told him, "If you so much as try and bring me anywhere close to that machine of yours, I will be sure to rip you apart– piece by piece– and leave whatever remains of your body for the Hath to do whatever they might want to do with it." When the young man only let out a scoff in response to her words, she said to him, "Don't think that I won't. Because I might look small and innocent and incapable of standing up for myself, but I am very much capable of tearing each and every single one of you apart and leaving your body parts behind as mere scraps, if so much as one of you tries to bring me anywhere close to that damn machine."

While the Doctor had only sighed to himself in response to Annabelle's words, Donna turned to Jenny and said to her, "Sorry, no offense, but you're not... Well, I mean, you're not real."

With a scoff, Jenny replied, "You're no better than him. I have a body, I have a mind, I have independent thought. How am I not real? What makes you better than me?"

It was then that General Cobb said to Jenny, "Well said, soldier. We need more like you if ever we're to find the source."

In turn, the Doctor said, "Ooh, the source. What's that then? What's the source? I like a source. What is it?"

General Cobb told him, "The breath of life."

With a shake of his head, the Doctor asked him, "And that would be?"

The young man said to him, "In the beginning, the Great One breathed life into the universe. And then she looked at what she'd done and she sighed."

Then Jenny said, "'She', I like that."

Then the Doctor said, "Right, so it's a creation myth."

General Cobb replied, "It's not myth, it's real. That sigh, from the beginning of time, it was caught and kept as the source. It was lost when the war started, but it's here somewhere. Whoever holds the source, controls the destiny of this planet."

It was then that the Doctor yelled, "Ah! I thought so." As he pulled his sonic screwdriver out of his coat, he said, "There's a suppressed layer of information in this map. If I can just..."

After watching the Doctor point his screwdriver at the machine before other sections had appeared on the map, Donna asked, "What is it? What does it mean?"

In turn, the Doctor said, "See? A whole complex of tunnels hidden from sight."

As he stared at the map, General Cobb said, "That must be the lost temple. The source will be inside. You've shown us the way. And look, we're closer than the Hath. It's ours."

* * *

While the Doctor, Annabelle, Donna and Jenny walked after General Cobb, General Cobb said to one of his men, "Tell them to prepare to move out. We'll progenate new soldiers on the morning shift, then we march. Once we've reached the temple, peace will be restored at long last."

While the soldier started to walk away from them, the Doctor asked General Cobb, "Call me old-fashioned, but if you really wanted peace, couldn't you just stop fighting?"

General Cobb told him, "Only when we have the source. It will give us the power to erase every stinking Hath off the face of this planet."

With a raise of his hands, the Doctor said to him, "Hang on, hang on. A second ago, it was peace in our time, now you're talking about genocide."

In turn, General Cobb said to him, "For us, that means the same thing."

With a nod of his head, the Doctor replied, "Then you need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption will read, 'Over my dead body'!"

With a scoff, General Cobb told him, "You're the one who showed us the path to victory, but you can consider the irony from your prison cell." Then– with a turn of his head– he said, "Cline, at arms."

While Cline pointed his gun at them once more, Annabelle told General Cobb, "I would rather rip your arms off of your body and use them to beat to death each and every single one of your soldiers than to let a mere human shove me into a cell."

While General Cobb simply stared down at Annabelle with narrowed eyes in response to what she had just said to him, Donna said to Cline, "Oi, oi, oi. Alright. Cool the beans, Rambo."

When Cline didn't make a move to lower his gun and General Cobb didn't cease his orders of having them shoved into a cell, Annabelle was quick to take a step towards General Cobb with her veins on display, which resulted in the Doctor grabbing onto Annabelle.

And while the Doctor did what he could to try and quietly persuade Annabelle not to kill everyone else that stood in the room, General Cobb said to Cline, "Take them. I won't have them spreading treason. And if you try anything, Doctor, I'll see that your woman and your other daughter die first."

Simultaneously, both the Doctor and Donna told General Cobb that they weren't a couple before telling him that Annabelle wasn't their daughter.

Annabelle, on the other hand, only clenched her hands into fists as she started to heavily shake from the anger that was starting to build up from deep within herself.

And while the Doctor went back to trying to convince Annabelle not to just snap and kill everyone, Cline said to the three of them, "Come on, this way."

With a point of his finger, the Doctor said to General Cobb, "I'm gonna stop you, Cobb. You need to know that."

In turn, General Cobb said to him, "I have an army and the breath of God on my side, Doctor. What'll you have?"

As he tapped his own forehead, the Doctor said to him, "This."

Then General Cobb looked over at Annabelle, who said to him, "I doubt that your army and the breath of God will do much to help you when I tear my way into your throat and leave your headless corpse for your precious little soldiers to find."

After looking away from Annabelle, who was actually starting to feel rather murderous at that point, General Cobb said to Cline, "Lock 'em up and guard 'em."

Cline asked him, "What about the new soldier?"

After Jenny had taken a couple of steps towards them, General Cobb said, "We can't trust her. She's from pacifist stock. Take them all."

* * *

After being forced into a cell– thanks to the Doctor talking down some of Annabelle's anger and convincing her not to just snap and kill everyone– Annabelle pushed her back into one of the walls to the cell and squeezed her eyes shut and kept her hands clenched into fists.

And while Annabelle had to try and push past her anger and remind herself that the Master had been dead for months and was no longer alive for him to torture her even more than he already had for over eighteen months of her life, Donna looked up at the numbers that were engraved into the wall above the cell door and said, "More numbers. They've got to mean something."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Makes as much sense as the breath of life story."

With a quick turn of her head, Jenny asked him, "You mean that's not true?"

As she sat down beside the Doctor, Donna replied, "No. It's a myth, isn't it, Doctor?"

The Doctor said to her, "Yes, but there could still be something real in that temple. Something that's become a myth, a piece of technology, a weapon."

With a nod of her head, Donna asked him, "So the source could be a weapon and we've just given directions to Captain Nutjob?"

With a mere raise of his head, the Doctor said to her, "Oh, yes."

With a shake of her head, Donna said, "Not good, is it?"

The Doctor told her, "That's why we need to get out of here, find Martha and stop Cobb from slaughtering the Hath." As he glanced over at Annabelle, he said, "Another thing we need to do is convince Annabelle to not snap and kill everyone– including the Hath."

While Donna only turned her head to look over at Annabelle, the Doctor let out a sigh before he said, "She might be keeping herself under some form of control for now, but it won't last long. Knowing her, she's going to snap soon enough and then every single person on this planet– excluding the two of us and Martha– are going to be dead, unless we somehow manage to convince her to not kill everyone because of what happened to her the last time that she was imprisoned somewhere. And no matter how much of a good person she might be deep down, not even that good side of her would be enough to keep her from doing what she's wanted to do for months now and kill the first person that she sees once she manages to break herself out of here."

While Donna had only let out a sigh in response to his words, the Doctor turned his head to look over at the door to the cell that Jenny was standing in front of before simply blinking to himself when he saw that Jenny was just staring at him with her arms crossed over her chest.

It was then that he asked Jenny, "W– What are you– What are you– What are you staring at?"

With a shake of her head, Jenny told him, "You keep insisting you're not a soldier, but look at you, drawing up strategies like a proper general."

As he leaned his head forward, the Doctor said to her, "No, no. I'm trying to stop the fighting and a complete bloodbath."

With a shake of her head, Jenny asked him, "Isn't every soldier?"

The Doctor replied, "Well, I suppose, but that's... That's... Technically. I haven't got time for this." As he took his sonic screwdriver out of his suit, he said, "Donna, give me your phone. Time for an upgrade."

With a wave of her hands, Jenny said to him, "And now you've got a weapon."

While Donna started to hand her phone over towards the Doctor, the Doctor told Jenny, "It's not a weapon."

In turn, Jenny said to him, "But you're using it to fight back. I'm gonna learn so much from you. You are such a soldier."

With a mere nod of his head, the Doctor asked Donna, "Donna, will you tell her?"

With a chuckle, Donna said to him, "Ooh, you are speechless. I'm loving this." Then she said to Jenny, "You keep on, Jenny."

It wasn't long afterwards that the Doctor heard Martha say through the phone, "Doctor?"

In turn, the Doctor yelled, "Martha, you're alive!"

Then Martha yelled, "Doctor! Oh, am I glad to hear your voice. Are you alright?"

The Doctor told her, "I'm with Annabelle and Donna. We're fine. Well, me and Donna are fine. I think that Annabelle's in the process of reverting back to how she was during her months of being tortured. What about you?"

Then Donna said to the Doctor, "And... And Jenny. She's fine, too."

The Doctor replied, "Yes, alright." Then he said to Martha, "And... And... Jenny. That's the-the woman from the machine, the soldier. My daughter. Except she isn't, she's... she's– Anyway, where are you?"

In a whisper, Martha said to him, "I'm in the Hath camp. I'm okay, but something's going on. The Hath are all marching off to some place that's appeared on this map thing."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Oh. That was me. If both armies are heading that way, there's gonna be a bloodbath. Mind you, less of a bloodbath than what would happen if Annabelle got her hands on them, but still a bloodbath, nonetheless."

Martha asked him, "What do you want me to do?"

The Doctor said to her, "Just stay where you are. If you're safe there, don't move, do you hear?"

Martha replied, "But I can help."

* * *

As he turned his back on the cell door, the Doctor said, "They're getting ready to move out. We have to get past that guard without getting him killed by Annabelle."

As she took a couple of steps forward away from one of the walls to the cell, Jenny said, "I can deal with him."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "No, no, no, no. You're not going anywhere."

With a turn of her head, Jenny said to him, "What?"

The Doctor told her, "You belong here with them."

As she took a step forward, Donna said, "She belongs with us. With you. She's your daughter."

The Doctor replied, "She's a soldier. She came out of that machine."

In turn, Donna said to him, "Oh, yes. I know that bit. Listen, have you got that stethoscope?" When the Doctor only stared down at her with furrowed eyebrows, she said to him, "Give it to me. Come on."

With a sigh, the Doctor handed the stethoscope over to Donna.

After Donna had put the earpieces in and turned to face Jenny, Jenny asked her, "What are you doing?"

As she put the other part of the stethoscope onto a part of Jenny's chest, Donna said to her, "It's alright. Just hold still." After letting out a sigh, she took the earpieces out of her ears and turned to the Doctor before she said to him, "Come here."

While the Doctor started to walk over towards them, Donna said to him, "Listen, and then tell me where she belongs."

After silently listening to the beats of Jenny's hearts, the Doctor took the earpieces out of his ears before he leaned his back into a wall and said, "Two hearts."

In turn, Donna said to him, "Exactly."

As she looked between Donna and the Doctor, Jenny asked them, "What's going on?"

Then Donna asked the Doctor, "Does that mean she's a... What do you call a female Time Lord?"

In turn, Jenny asked the Doctor, "What's a Time Lord?"

The Doctor told Jenny, "It's who I am. It's where I'm from."

Then Jenny asked him, "And I'm from you?"

With a shake of his head, the Doctor said to her, "You're an echo, that's all. A Time Lord is so much more. A sum of knowledge, a code, a shared history, a shared suffering. And it's gone now, all of it. Gone forever."

As she took a step towards him, Jenny asked him, "What happened?"

The Doctor told her, "There was a war."

In turn, Jenny asked him, "Like this one?"

With a chuckle, the Doctor replied, "Bigger. Much bigger."

Jenny asked him, "And you fought? And killed?"

After simply nodding his head, the Doctor said, "Yes."

With a shake of her head, Jenny asked him, "Then how are we different?"

* * *

While the Doctor and Donna watched how Annabelle's veins remained on display and her hands only continued to clutch the sides of her head as she heavily shook and muttered words to herself, Jenny grabbed onto the bars of the cell and said to Cline, "Hey."

With a quick turn of his head, Cline told her, "I'm not supposed to talk to you. I'm on duty."

In turn, Jenny said to him, "Yeah, I know. Guarding me." As she moved herself closer to where he stood by the cell door, Jenny asked him, "So does that mean I'm dangerous or that I need protecting?"

After letting out a bit of a laugh, Cline asked her, "Protecting from what?"

Jenny replied, "Ooh, I don't know. Men like you."

After Cline had only let out a laugh, Jenny grabbed him by his shoulder and pulled him close to her before forcing him to press his lips onto hers.

And after a couple seconds of kissing Cline, she pulled out his gun and pressed it into his chest before she said to him, "Keep quiet and open the door."

After a couple seconds of silence, Donna said to the Doctor, "I'd like to see you try that."

Instead of responding to her words, the Doctor looked away from Donna and over towards where Annabelle was still shaking in anger and muttering words to herself before he let out a quiet sigh and silently hoped that Annabelle wouldn't just end up snapping and killing everyone the second that they were out of the cell.

* * *

After walking down the stairs with Annabelle, Donna and the Doctor close behind her, Jenny went to make a right turn and head down another set of stairs, only to stop when the Doctor had pulled her back and said to her in a whisper, "That's the way out." After Jenny had cocked her gun, he said to her in a whisper, "Don't you dare."

After taking a step towards them, Donna whispered to them, "Let me distract this one." Then she turned to Jenny and told her in a whisper, "I have picked up a few womanly wiles over the years."

Just when Donna was about to walk past them, she suddenly stopped when the Doctor said to her in a whisper, "Let's save your wiles for later, in case of emergency."

* * *

With a constant squeaking, a toy mouse was rolling itself across the entrance to the staircase to the exit, which got the soldier that was standing guard to turn around and make his way over towards the toy mouse.

It wasn't until after he'd picked it up from the floor that he suddenly fell onto the floor once Jenny had hit him on the back of his head with her hand, which got the Doctor to quickly make his way over towards Jenny and tell her, "I was gonna distract him, not clobber him."

Jenny replied, "Well, it worked, didn't it?"

After picking up the toy mouse from the floor, the Doctor said, "I still have a copy of that new map." Then he turned to Jenny and told her, "Just stay there. Don't hurt anyone."

* * *

As he came to a halt, the Doctor yelled, "Wait!" As he looked around himself, he said, "This is it. The hidden tunnel. There must be a control panel."

As she took a couple of steps forward, Donna said, "There's another one of those numbers. They're everywhere."

As he continued to use his sonic screwdriver on the wall that he was standing in front of, the Doctor said to Donna, "The original builders must have left them. An old cataloging system."

Donna asked him, "You got a pen, a bit of paper?" While the Doctor went to take out those specific things to hand over to Donna, Donna told them, "'Cause, do you see? The numbers are counting down. This one ends in 1-4. The prison cell said 1-6."

With a shake of her head, Jenny said to them, "Always thinking, both of you. Who are you people?"

The Doctor replied, "I told you, I'm the Doctor."

In turn, Jenny asked him, "The Doctor, that's it?"

Donna told her, "That's all he ever says."

Then Jenny asked him, "So you don't have a name either? Are you an anomaly, too?"

The Doctor said to her, "No."

With a scoff, Donna replied, "Oh, come off it. You're the most anomalous bloke I've ever known."

After taking off a thing of wood, the Doctor yelled, "Here it is!"

While the Doctor started to point his sonic screwdriver at the piece of equipment that stood right in front of him, Jenny asked him, "And Time Lords, what are they for exactly?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "For? They're not... They're not for anything."

Jenny asked him, "So what do you do?"

The Doctor told her, "I travel through time and space."

As she made her way back over towards Jenny, Donna said to her, "He saves planets, rescues civilizations, defeats terrible creatures and runs a lot. Seriously, there's an outrageous amount of running involved."

Shortly after Jenny had only grinned at her, the Doctor yelled, "Got it!"

It was then that Cobb could be heard saying, "Support 5, with me."

As he reached over to grab onto Annabelle's arm, the Doctor asked Donna, "Now, what were you saying about running?"

Then– just like that– he ran through the opening and dragged Annabelle through it, while Donna and Jenny had simply run after him.

But– after a moment of running– the Doctor had come to a halt when he saw that several lasers were covering every inch of the hallway that stood in front of them.

With a mere raise of her eyebrows, Donna asked him, "That's not mood lighting, is it?"

In response to her question, the Doctor took out the toy mouse and threw it into one of the lasers, shortly before a spark could be seen.

While the Doctor only flinched away from the spark, Donna said, "No. I didn't think so."

With a mere turn of his head, the Doctor said, "Arming device."

While the Doctor and Jenny made their way over towards another thing of controls that stood on the wall just beside them, Donna said, "There's more of these." With a point of her finger, Donna pointed at the set of numbers in front of her as she said, "Always eight numbers, counting down the closer we get."

With a groan, the Doctor said, "Here we go."

In turn, Donna said to him, "You'd better be quick. The general."

After watching Jenny quickly run in the direction of the voice, the Doctor grabbed her by the arm and asked her, "Where are you going?"

Jenny told him, "I can hold them up."

The Doctor replied, "No. We don't need any more dead."

Jenny said to him, "But it's them or us."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "It doesn't mean you have to kill them."

With a shake of her head, Jenny said to him, "I'm trying to save your life."

As he grabbed onto her other arm, the Doctor told her, "Listen to me, the killing, after a while it infects you and once it does, you're never rid of it."

With a shake of her head, Jenny replied, "But we don't have a choice."

The Doctor said to her, "We always have a choice."

With yet another shake of her head, Jenny said to him, "I'm sorry."

While Jenny started to run away from them, the Doctor yelled, "Jenny!"

* * *

After both the Doctor and Donna had dragged Annabelle along with them in the laser-less hallway, the two of them had turned around when they heard General Cobb say to Jenny, "You're a child of the machine. You're on my side. Join us. Join us in the war against the Hath. It's in your blood, girl. Don't deny it."

It wasn't long after another shot of gunfire could be heard that the Doctor yelled, "Jenny, come on!" After Jenny could be seen running towards them with the gun in hand, he yelled, "That's it!"

Then Donna yelled, "Hurry up!"

It wasn't until Jenny was about to run across the hallway that she suddenly stopped when the lasers had re-appeared.

In response to seeing the lasers cover the hallway once more, the Doctor said, "Oh, no, no, no, no. The circuits moved back."

In turn, Donna yelled, "Zap it back again!"

The Doctor told her, "The controls are back there."

Then Jenny yelled, "They're coming!"

With a quick thrust of his arms, the Doctor yelled, "Wait! Just... There isn't... Jenny, I can't..."

As she tossed her gun aside, Jenny said to them, "I'll have to manage on my own." After taking a step back, she said, "Watch and learn, Father."

Then– just like that– Jenny proceeded to flip herself through the lasers accordingly, which got the Doctor's eyebrows to furrow as he watched Jenny do just that without even hitting any of the lasers.

And while Jenny continued to flip her way through the lasers, Donna said, "No way." While Jenny got closer and closer to where the three of them were standing, Donna said, "But that was impossible."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Not impossible. Just a bit unlikely." As he quickly threw himself forward and wrapped his arms around Jenny, he said, "Brilliant. You were brilliant! Brilliant!"

It was then that Jenny told them, "I didn't kill him. General Cobb. I could've killed him, but I didn't. You were right. I had a choice."

It wasn't long after she said those words that General Cobb and his soldiers could be seen on the other side of the hallway, shortly before the Doctor said to him, "I warned you, Cobb. If the source is a weapon, I'm gonna make sure you never use it."

In turn, General Cobb said to him, "One of us is gonna die today and it won't be me."

* * *

While the Doctor continued to hold onto Annabelle's arm and forced her to walk at the same pace as him, Jenny said to Donna, "So you travel together, but you're not together and Annabelle isn't your daughter."

In turn, Donna said to her, "What? No, no, no way. No, no. Me and the Doctor, we're friends, that's all. I mean, we're not even the same species. There's probably laws against it."

Jenny asked her, "And what about Annabelle? Are you friends with her, too?"

With a nod of her head, Donna said to her, "I'd like to think so, yes, but Annabelle hasn't exactly talked much in the time that I've traveled with her and the Doctor."

Then Jenny asked her, "And what about him and Annabelle?"

With a scoff, Donna replied, "Definitely not."

Jenny asked her, "What about you and Annabelle?" Just when Donna started to insist that neither she nor Annabelle were the least bit interested in each other, she suddenly stopped when Jenny asked her, "Are you and Annabelle the same species?"

Donna told her, "We used to be, but we haven't been the same species for over a thousand years." When Jenny only stared at her with furrowed eyebrows, Donna said to her, "Annabelle is– what the Doctor would call– an Original vampire. She's one of the first vampires to ever roam the Earth– the planet that me and Annabelle are from– and has remained so for over a thousand years."

With a shake of her head, Jenny asked her, "What are vampires?"

Donna said to her, "From what I've seen so far, Annabelle– as a vampire– can move really fast, she has these lines appear under her eyes for whatever reason that she has for it, she has a taste for human blood, she has this amazing sense of hearing that allows her to hear everything going on around her, and according to the Doctor, she feels this constant urge to kill anyone and everyone that she sees and doesn't even care about in the slightest."

Jenny asked her, "Have you ever seen her kill anyone?"

With a shake of her own head, Donna replied, "No, I haven't, but the Doctor has, and he says that she's quite ruthless about it."

With a nod of her head, Jenny asked her, "And that's why he doesn't want to risk the chance of her killing anyone, right? Because he doesn't want her to kill anyone else?" When Donna had only nodded her head, Jenny asked her, "And what's it like, the traveling?"

Donna told her, "Oh, never a dull moment. It can be terrifying, brilliant and funny, sometimes all at the same time. I've seen some amazing things though. A whole new world."

With a sigh, Jenny said to her, "Oh, I'd love to see new worlds."

In turn, Donna said to her, "You will." Then she turned to the Doctor and asked him, "Won't she, Doctor?"

With a quick turn of his head, the Doctor said, "Hmm?"

While Donna and Jenny continued to walk over towards where Annabelle and the Doctor were standing, Donna asked him, "Do you think Jenny will see any new worlds?"

As he looked over at Jenny, the Doctor said, "I suppose so."

As she quickly looked between the Doctor and Donna, Jenny asked him, "You mean... You mean you'll take me with you?"

The Doctor replied, "Well, we can't leave you here, can we?"

As she quickly wrapped her arms around the Doctor, Jenny yelled, "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!" As she quickly moved away from him, she said, "Come on. Let's get a move on."

While Jenny started to run up the hallway, the Doctor said to her, "Careful, there might be traps."

Then he turned to Annabelle and watched how she finally ripped herself from his grasp and saw how she simply walked away from him– leaving the Doctor to let out a sigh as he watched how her shaking only seemed to increase with each step that she took.

And while she continued to walk away from him and Donna and left them to talk to one another, he could only hope that she wouldn't do as he feared and kill everyone– or for her to even kill Jenny for that matter.

* * *

After the four of them had come to a halt, Donna said, "We're trapped."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Can't be." As he turned to the red wall that stood behind him, he said, "This must be the temple. This is a door."

As she stared up at another engravement of numbers, Donna said, "And again. We're down to 1-2 now."

Then the Doctor yelled, "I got it!"

With a slight turn of her head, Jenny said, "I can hear them."

Then the Doctor yelled, "Nearly done!"

With a shake of her head, Donna said, "This can't be a cataloging system."

Jenny told the Doctor, "They're getting closer."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Then get back here."

Then Donna said, "They're too similar. Too familiar."

Then the Doctor yelled to Jenny, "Now!" Then– after standing up from where he was crouched in front of the controls– he yelled, "Got it!"

After both Donna and the Doctor had dragged Annabelle through the door, Jenny said, "They're coming."

It wasn't long after Jenny had walked through the open doorway that the door had been shut.

Then Jenny turned to the Doctor as she said to him, "That was close."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "No fun otherwise."

After a single moment of running through the supposed temple, Donna said, "It's not what I'd call a temple."

Then Jenny said, "It looks more like..."

With a mere raise of his head, the Doctor said, "Fusion-drive transport. It's a spaceship."

Donna asked him, "What, the original one? The one the first colonists arrived on?"

The Doctor replied, "Well, it could be, but the power cells would have run down after all that time. This one's still powered up and functioning." As he started to drag Annabelle along with him, he yelled, "Come on!"

After the four of them had reached the top of the stairs and went towards another section of the supposed temple, Jenny said, "It's the Hath. That door's not gonna last much longer. And if General Cobb gets through down there, war's gonna break out."

In turn, the Doctor said, "And with war, comes even more bloodshed, if Annabelle doesn't snap out of it." After running towards another section of the room, he yelled, "Look, look, look, look! Ship's log. First wave of human-Hath co-colonization of Planet Messaline."

Jenny asked him, "So it is the original ship?"

Then Donna asked him, "What happened?"

The Doctor told them, "There's one construction. They used robot drones to build the city."

With a shake of her head, Donna asked him, "But does it mention the war?"

The Doctor said to her, "Final entry. 'Mission commander dead. Still no agreement on who should assume leadership. Hath and humans have divided into factions. That must be it. The power vacuum. The crew divided into two factions, then turned on each other. Start using the progenation machines, suddenly you've got two armies fighting a never-ending war."

In turn, Jenny said to him, "Two armies who are now both outside."

With a point of her finger, Donna said, "Look at that!"

After looking over at the numbers on the screen that Donna was looking at, the Doctor said, "It's like the numbers in the tunnels."

With a shake of her head, Donna replied, "No, no, no, but listen. I spent six months working as a temp in the Hounslow Library and I mastered the Dewey Decimal System in two days flat. I'm good with numbers. It's staring us in the face."

With a shake of her own head, Jenny asked her, "What is?"

After turning around to face them, Donna told them, "It's the date. Assuming the first two numbers are some big old space date, then you've got year, month day. It's the other way round, like it is in America."

With a slap to his forehead, the Doctor yelled, "Oh, it's the new Byzantine calendar!"

Then Donna said, "The codes are completion dates for each section. They finish it, they stamp the date on. So the numbers aren't counting down. They're going out from here day by day as the city got built."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Yes. Oh, good work, Donna!"

Donna replied, "Yeah, but you're– you're still not getting it. The first number I saw back there was 60-12-07-17. W-Well, look at the date today."

After doing just that, the Doctor said, "0-7-24... No."

It was then that Jenny asked them, "What does it mean?"

The Doctor told her, "Seven days."

With a wave of her hand, Donna said, "That's it! Seven days."

In turn, the Doctor said, "Seven days."

Then Jenny asked them, "What do you mean, 'seven days'?"

The Doctor replied, "Seven days since war broke out."

With a nod of her head, Donna told her, "This war started seven days ago. Just a week. A week."

With a shake of her head, Jenny said to her, "They said years."

With a shake of her own head, Donna said, "No. They said generations. And if they're all like you and they're products of those machines..."

The Doctor said, "They could have twenty generations in a day. Each generation gets killed in the war, passes on the legend." Then he turned to Donna and yelled, "Oh, Donna, you're a genius!"

With a shake of her head, Jenny told them, "But all the buildings, the encampments, they're in ruins."

With a shake of his own head, the Doctor replied, "They're not ruined, they're just empty, waiting to be populated." Then he turned to Donna once more and said, "Oh, they've mythologized their entire history. The source must be part of that, too."

As he started to drag Annabelle with him once more, the Doctor yelled, "Come on!"

It wasn't long after he started to run once more that the Doctor came to a halt when he saw Martha, who yelled, "Doctor!"

In turn, the Doctor yelled, "Martha!" After wrapping his arms around her, he said to her, "Oh, I should've known you wouldn't stay away from all the excitement."

Then Martha turned to Donna, who went to wrap her arms around Martha before she pulled away from Martha and said to her, "Ooh, you're filthy. What happened?"

With a point of her finger, Martha said, "I took the surface route." Then– after turning to Annabelle and seeing the state that she was in– she said, "Oh, Doctor, you were right. She is reverting back to how she was then."

While the Doctor had only sighed in response to her words, Martha took a couple of steps over towards Annabelle, who was still heavily shaking with her veins on display and had blood leaking out of her clenched hands, before she said, "Annabelle, it's alright, okay?" When Annabelle didn't respond, Martha lightly grabbed onto her arms and said to her, "You're not there anymore. You haven't been there in months, okay?"

When she still didn't receive a response from Annabelle, Martha reached out one of her hands to Annabelle's face and her fingers had barely grazed the side of Annabelle's face before Annabelle had harshly grabbed at the front of Martha's neck and then proceeded to slam Martha's back into a pillar of sorts.

In response to seeing what Annabelle had just done to Martha, Donna took a step forward in an attempt to get Annabelle to let go of Martha, only to stop when the Doctor had grabbed onto her arm and pulled her over to his side as he kept his eyes solely focused on the shaking form of Annabelle Mikaelson.

While Annabelle stared down at Martha with a scowl on her face and her veins still on display, Martha lightly grabbed onto Annabelle's wrist that was closest to her face before she quietly said to Annabelle, "Hey, it's okay, Annabelle, alright? You're not there anymore." While Annabelle started to lean her face down towards the side of Martha's neck, Martha told her, "He's not here anymore."

When Annabelle came to an abrupt halt and glanced up at Martha with her fangs just barely grazing the side of Martha's neck, Martha said to her, "You know this, Annabelle. You know that he's gone. You saw him die, just like everyone else on the Valiant had seen him die. He didn't regenerate. He died and he didn't come back, okay?" When Annabelle only narrowed her eyes at Martha, Martha said to her, "So, believe me when I tell you that you aren't chained up anymore and you aren't being tortured by him anymore."

When Annabelle's grip on the front of Martha's neck had tightened, Martha said to her in a whisper, "The Master's gone." After Annabelle's grip on Martha's neck had slightly loosened at the mere mention of the Master, Martha told her, "He's gone and he's not going to come back, okay? Not now and not ever. He is gone forever, and he will remain gone, no matter what. He can never hurt you again, Annabelle, okay?"

When Annabelle only pulled her face away from Martha's neck and simply tilted her head at Martha, Martha said to her, "You heard right. He can't hurt you. Not again. Not like he did before. He's gone and he's never coming back."

In response to Martha's words, Annabelle only blinked to herself before her veins started to disappear from her face before quickly reappearing once more and turning around when she heard someone walk towards her from behind.

It was then that she found herself staring up at the Doctor, who had his hands raised as he said to her, "It's okay, Annabelle. It's just me, it's just the Doctor, alright?" When she only tilted her head at him, he said to her, "It's entirely up to you, but I can make you forget what the Master did to you, if you want. I'll make it as if he never hurt you to begin with."

After a mere couple seconds of silence, Annabelle asked him with a scoff, "And, what, you think that just because I haven't attempted to kill you since the events of the year that never was that I'm going to let you have access to my head after everything that he did to me?" When he only gulped in response to her words, she told him, "You must be a fool to think that I'd let you anywhere near my head after what happened the last time that someone had access to it– and that was over my own free will. The only way that you can ever have access to my head is if you were to dagger me and even then, I would rather die than let you get anywhere close to my mind, Doctor."

With a sigh, the Doctor said to her, "Annabelle, you have no idea of just how sorry I am about what happened to you. If I'd have known what would happen once Martha had come to tell me about the fob watch that he was carrying, I wouldn't have left you in that room with him. I would have taken you with me and Jack– no matter what you would've said about it, if it meant that you didn't go through the hell that he put you through."

In response to his words, Annabelle only blinked at him before she opened her mouth to say something more to him, only to stop when the sound of General Cobb's yelling could be heard from the bottom of the stairs of the supposed temple.

As a result of hearing General Cobb's voice, the Doctor said, "That's the General. We haven't got much time."

In turn, Donna said to him, "We don't even know what we're looking for."

It was then that– with a quick raise of her head– Martha asked them, "Is it me or can you smell flowers?"

With a mere raise of his own head, the Doctor said, "Yes. Bougainvillea." As he grabbed Annabelle by the arm and dragged her off in the direction of the smell, he said, "I say we follow our nose."

* * *

After walking into– what looked like– a garden, the Doctor said, "Oh, yes! Yes! Isn't this brilliant?"

While the Doctor took off his trench coat, Donna asked him, "Is that the source?"

Then Jenny said, "It's beautiful."

While each of them had come to a halt in front of the source that was in the shape of a globe, Martha asked, "What is it?"

The Doctor told them, "Terraforming. It's a third-generation terraforming device."

With furrowed eyebrows, Donna asked him, "So why are we suddenly in Kew Gardens?"

The Doctor replied, "'Cause that's what it does. All this, only bigger, much bigger. It's in a transit state. Producing all this must help keep it stable before they find..."

It was then that crashing was heard, just before both the Hath and the other humans came running into the room.

While the Hath and humans started to point their guns at each other, the Doctor yelled, "Stop! Hold your fire!"

General Cobb asked him, "What is this, some kind of trap?"

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "You said you wanted this war over."

General Cobb replied, "I want this war won!"

The Doctor told him, "You can't win. No one can. You don't even know why you're here." As he looked between the two sides, he said, "Your whole history, it's just Chinese whispers, getting more distorted the more it's passed on."

As he gestured towards the source, the Doctor said, "This is the source. This is what you're fighting over, a device to rejuvenate a planet's ecosystem. It's nothing mystical. It's from a laboratory, not some creator. It's a bubble of gasses, a cocktail of stuff for accelerated evolution. Methane, hydrogen, ammonia, amino acids, proteins, nucleic acids. It's used to make barren planets habitable. Look around you. It's not for killing. It's for bringing life. If you allow it, it can lift you out of these dark tunnels and into the bright, bright sunlight. No more fighting, no more killing."

Then– after picking up the source from the place that it was standing on– the Doctor said, "I'm the Doctor and I declare this war is over."

Then he quickly threw the source onto the dirt, which resulted in a green and yellow mist of sorts to come pouring out of the glass and up into the air, shortly before each of General Cobb's soldiers had put down their guns– along with the Hath.

And while the mist continued to rise up into the air, Jenny walked over towards the Doctor and asked him, "What's happening?"

The Doctor told her, "The gasses will escape and trigger the terraforming process."

Jenny replied, "What does that mean?"

The Doctor said to her, "It means a new world."

After letting out a laugh, Jenny turned her head and let out a gasp once she saw General Cobb point his gun over at the Doctor and then she yelled, "No!"

Then– just as she stepped in front of the Doctor– General Cobb shot his gun in the direction of the Doctor and the bullet had suddenly struck Jenny, which immediately resulted in General Cobb's own soldiers taking the gun from him and forcing him onto the ground, while the Doctor said, "Jenny. Jenny. Talk to me, Jenny."

After Martha had crouched down beside Jenny and put two fingers on the side of her neck, Donna asked Martha, "Is she gonna be alright?"

After Martha had only shaken her head in response to Donna's question, the Doctor turned to Annabelle and said to her, "Annabelle, you have to do something." When Annabelle only shook her head, the Doctor told her, "You can heal a person's wounds with just your blood alone. So, come on. Just heal her."

When Annabelle only continued to shake her head, the Doctor asked her, "Why not?"

With yet another shake of her head, Annabelle said to him, "She came from you– a Time Lord, Doctor. I have no way of knowing if my blood can even heal someone that's part alien. I don't even know if it can heal someone that's a full-blooded alien. If she was just a mere human, perhaps I could and it would work, but there's no way of knowing if it can even work to begin with."

Just when the Doctor was about to insist that she try to heal Jenny anyway, he suddenly stopped when Jenny slightly raised her head and said with a bit of a smile on her face, "A new world. It's beautiful."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Jenny, please hold on. You need to hold on, do you hear me? If you just hold on, then I'm sure we can find a way to see if Annabelle's blood works on you." While Donna and Martha only glanced over at Annabelle, the Doctor told Jenny, "We've got things to do, you and me, eh? Eh?"

After Jenny had only slightly nodded her head, the Doctor said to her, "We can go anywhere. Everywhere. You choose."

In a whisper, Jenny said to him, "That sounds good."

After putting a hand on the side of her face, the Doctor said to her, "You're my daughter and we've only just got started. You're gonna be great. You're gonna be more than great. You're gonna be amazing. Do you hear me, Jenny?"

It wasn't long after he'd said those words that Jenny closed her eyes and her head had fallen limp into the Doctor's hand, which got him to bring her face closer to his own and let out a shaky breath before he stared ahead of himself with narrowed eyes and then looked up at Annabelle, Donna and Martha.

As he stared up at the three of them, the Doctor said, "Two hearts. Two hearts, just like me. If we wait, we just wait..."

With a shake of her head, Martha told him, "There's no sign, Doctor. There's no regeneration. She's like you, but maybe not enough."

With a shake of his own head, the Doctor replied, "No. Too much. That's the truth of it. She was too much like me."

Then he looked away from them and held Jenny even closer to himself before he carefully laid her down onto the floor.

After that, he leaned down and pressed his lips onto her forehead before he turned his attention over towards where General Cobb continued to be held onto the floor by his own soldiers.

With her head tilted to the side, Annabelle watched as the Doctor quickly walked over towards General Cobb, picked up the gun and pointed it at his head for several seconds before he crouched down in front of General Cobb and told him, "I never would. Have you got that? I never would." Then he stood back up and looked between the humans and the Hath as he said, "When you start this new world, this world of human and Hath, remember that! Make the foundation of this society a man who never would!"

Then he tossed the gun aside and then made his way back over towards Jenny and simply sat down beside her body.

And while the Doctor continued to stare down at Jenny's body, Annabelle couldn't help but silently look between the Doctor and Jenny as she started to wonder if she truly could have kept Jenny from dying with just her blood alone.

As far as she knew, the healing of wounds that came from the blood of a vampire could only work on humans, werewolves and witches.

She knew nothing about the blood of a vampire actually being capable of healing the wound of an alien– or even a partial alien in Jenny's case.

It was the same as the idea of a vampire being able to heal a human with a terminal illness.

Neither cases were the least bit known, nor would they be.

Many vampires lost their families and friends as a result of the many years in which they lived and the vampires that did lose a loved one as a result of a terminal illness probably wouldn't have thought of trying to heal them with their blood.

Then there was the case of aliens.

As far as Annabelle knew, not many vampires even had the chance to meet– much less– interact with an alien, so there was no true way of knowing if the blood of a vampire was enough to keep an alien from dying.

And it was because of this lack of knowledge about the effects that her blood would have on someone like Jenny– someone that came to be because of a machine and a Time Lord such as the Doctor– that she refused to even let Jenny be the guinea pig to try this out for herself.

Although Annabelle was the type of person to enjoy testing all kinds of things on those that happened to be unfortunate enough to cross paths with her, she wasn't too keen on the idea of making Jenny into a guinea pig and then have to deal with the Doctor being angry at her because Jenny had still died or blood started to leak out of her or whatever other way that it could have gone wrong, if Annabelle had actually given Jenny her blood.

Listening to the Doctor's rants about how wrong it was for her desire to kill everyone was bad enough.

She didn't want to see just how much worse things could be, if he chose to be angry with her because of her blood's possible inability to save Jenny from dying as a result of the gunshot wound that she had gotten because of General Cobb.

And while Annabelle tilted her head just a bit more to the side, she couldn't help but take a mental note about the fact that Jenny would be the second person that the Doctor had a connection with that died in his arms after being shot at with a gun.

The only difference this time, though, was the fact that Jenny had stepped in the way and saved the Doctor from getting shot at by General Cobb.

The Master, however, simply got shot at by his wife– Lucy Saxon– because of the bruises that she had on her face from the times that she had more than likely been abused by the Master during the year that never was.

And despite the lack of care that she had for Jenny, even Annabelle had to admit that Jenny was far more tolerable than the Master ever was.

And it was because of this fact– along with the fact that she was unable to keep her own children from dying the way that they did– that Annabelle only let out a sigh as she stared down at the Doctor with a frown on her face and watched how he only stared at Jenny's body.

And from what she could see, the Doctor was more than likely hoping that Jenny would do what was normal for the Time Lords and regenerate so that he wouldn't lose her after only recently growing to care about her prior to their discovery of the room that held the source.

And there wasn't an ounce of Annabelle that could blame him for wanting Jenny to regenerate and be alive once again, despite the fact that she had come as a result of a machine and the parts of his skin that had been taken from the back of his hand.

If it weren't for the fact that she was a mere human over a thousand years ago and her children could also regenerate like the Time Lords could, she would hope for the same because as far as Annabelle was concerned, there was no worse feeling in the world than losing your own children because of something that was far beyond your own control.

* * *

As she turned her head to look over at the others, Martha said, "It's happening. The terraforming."

In turn, Donna said, "Build a city nice and safe underground, strip away the topsoil and there it is. And what about Jenny?"

With a nod of his head, Cline said to the Doctor, "Let us give her a proper ceremony. I think it would help us. Please."

In response to his words, the Doctor had only nodded his head before bringing his attention back over to Jenny's unmoving body.

* * *

With his hands shoved into his trench coat pockets, the Doctor said, "Jenny was the reason for the TARDIS bringing us here. It just got here too soon, which then created Jenny in the first place." After leaning into his chair, he said, "Paradox. An endless paradox."

Then he turned to Martha and said to her, "Time to go home."

With a nod of her head, Martha said to him, "Yeah. Home."

It wasn't until after the Doctor had messed around with different parts of the control and the TARDIS had started to disappear from the planet that Annabelle stood from her chair and quietly said, "Doctor." When the Doctor had only glanced over at her, she asked him, "Is there anything that I can do?"

When he only stared at her, she said to him, "I mean, I know that nothing can be done about Jenny, but..." When he only raised an eyebrow at her, she let out a sigh before she asked him, "Even if I did choose to heal her with my blood, who can say that it would have actually worked? I mean, the idea of me being able to heal the wound of a woman that only came about because of your DNA and a mere machine is just as unbelievable as the idea of healing someone that is dying of a terminal illness. She had the DNA of a Time Lord inside of her, which would– more than likely– make her part alien or perhaps a full-blooded alien for all I know. And as far as I know, no other supernatural being on Earth has even met an alien, much less traveled around the universe with one. There's no way of truly knowing if vampire blood could even work when it comes to healing an alien of whatever wounds that they may receive from a weapon of any sort."

When the Doctor only continued to stare at her, she told him, "And that was why I refused to at least attempt to heal her with my blood. For all I knew, it wasn't going to work and then you were going to get angry with me because of my blood's inability to heal that gunshot wound." After letting out a sigh, she said to him, "You can't exactly blame me for refusing to even attempt to heal her with my blood when doing so would have simply made her into an experiment of sorts."

When he still didn't say anything to her, she let out another sigh before she said to him, "If it's any consolation on the matter, she wasn't the worst company in the world and she certainly wasn't anything like the Master. So, as much as it pains me to say so, I do sincerely apologize for my choice of refusing to attempt to heal her with my blood and the fact that she died the way that she did." When the Doctor only fully turned to face her and shoved his hands into his trench coat pockets, she said to him, "So, if this was your final straw on the matter and this alone was enough for you to send me out of your TARDIS and to never return or even see you and Donna again for that matter, then I understand and I won't come near the two of you or even Martha for that matter for as long as you or your little humans shall live."

Instead of receiving an immediate response, the only that she got as a response to her words was the Doctor simply continuing to stare down at her for at least a single moment, which got Annabelle to silently eye him and then open her mouth to say something more to him, only to stop when the Doctor had grabbed her by the arms and pulled her towards himself before wrapping his arms around her.

After a couple seconds of only standing there with her arms lying stiffly by her sides, Annabelle simply frowned to herself before she asked him with a muffled voice, "Why are you hugging me?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Just be quiet."

With her eyebrows furrowed, Annabelle opened her mouth to say something more to him, only to stop when he told her, "All I need is a moment of silence. So, just please give me that moment of silence, Annabelle."

In response to his words, Annabelle only let out a muffled sigh before she continued to stiffly stand in place with her arms trapped at her sides.

However, instead of getting that moment of silence that he asked for, the only thing that he received was the muffled words of 'I'm sorry' that Annabelle repeatedly said into his chest.

And this action alone only made his arms tighten that much more around Annabelle.

And while the Doctor simply held Annabelle that much closer to him, both Donna and Martha simply shared a look with each other as they took note of the fact that Annabelle didn't even try to break herself out of the hold that the Doctor had on her.

Instead, she allowed him to continue to hold on to her for as long as he needed until he deemed himself able to let her go and not let the two humans in the TARDIS to see the tears that were rolling down the sides of his face, while he simply kept his arms wrapped around Annabelle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407K 8.7K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...
59.5K 1.8K 31
Waking up in a hospital room with only a volunteer by her side, a young woman can't remember anything about herself. Henceforth, going by Jane Doe, s...
11.3K 671 7
𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐛𝐢𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬. �...
962K 23.7K 55
𝐀 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭...