Unrepentant | DOCTOR WHO [ON...

By theunstableoriginal

Unrepentant: (adj.) showing no regret for one's wrongdoings Or in which a 1,026-year-old Original vampire is... More

PROLOGUE
CAST
one | smith and jones
two | the shakespeare code
three | gridlock
four | daleks in manhattan
five | evolution of the daleks
six | the lazarus experiment
seven | 42
eight | human nature
nine | the family of blood
ten | blink
eleven | utopia
twelve | the sound of drums
thirteen | last of the time lords
fourteen | Christmas Special 2007: Voyage of the Damned
fifteen | partners in crime
sixteen | the fires of pompeii
seventeen | planet of the ood
nineteen | the poison sky
twenty | the doctor's daughter
twenty one | the unicorn and the wasp
twenty two | silence in the library
twenty three | forest of the dead
twenty four | midnight
twenty five | turn left
twenty six | the stolen earth
twenty seven | journey's end
twenty eight | christmas special 2008: the next doctor
twenty nine | special 2009: planet of the dead
thirty | special 2009: the waters of mars
thirty one | christmas special 2009: the end of time part 1
thirty two | christmas special 2009: the end of time part 2
thirty three | victory of the daleks
thirty four | the time of angels
thirty five | flesh and stone
thirty six | the vampires of venice
thirty seven | amy's choice
thirty eight | the hungry earth
thirty nine | cold blood
forty | vincent and the doctor
forty one | the lodger
forty two | the pandorica opens
forty three | the big bang
forty four | the impossible astronaut
forty five | day of the moon
forty six | a good man goes to war
forty seven | let's kill hitler
forty eight | the god complex
forty nine | asylum of the daleks
fifty | dinosaurs on a spaceship
fifty one | a town called mercy
fifty two | the power of three
fifty two | the angels take manhattan
fifty three | nightmare in silver
fifty four | the name of the doctor
fifty five | 50th anniversary special: the day of the doctor
info about the ocs

eighteen | the sontaran stratagem

265 4 10
By theunstableoriginal

With a grin on her face, Donna said, "I can't believe I'm doing this."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "No. Neither can I." Then– as he made his way over towards her– he said to her, "Whoa, whoa, careful. Left hand down. Left hand down. Getting a bit too close to the 1980s."

Donna asked him, "What am I going to do? Put a dent in them?"

The Doctor replied, "Well, someone did."

It was then that the sound of a phone ringing could be heard, which got both Donna and the Doctor to look over at the ringing phone before Donna said, "Hold on. That's a phone." After watching the Doctor grab the phone from a part of the controls, Donna asked him, "You've got a mobile. Since when?"

The Doctor told her, "It's not mine." Then– after opening the phone and going to sit down in his chair, the Doctor said into it, "Hello."

It wasn't long afterwards that Annabelle could hear a voice say on the other end of the phone, "Doctor, it's Martha." While Annabelle only turned her head to look over in the direction of the Doctor with her head tilted to the side, she heard Martha say, "And I'm bringing you back to Earth."

* * *

After sticking his head out of the TARDIS and then proceeding to take an entire step out of it, the Doctor said, "Martha Jones."

In turn, Martha said to him, "Doctor."

Then– after that– the two of them slowly walked towards one another before they quickly wrapped their arms around each other.

After the Doctor had put Martha back onto her own two feet, he said to Martha, "You haven't changed a bit."

Martha replied, "Neither have you."

The Doctor asked her, "How's the family?"

Martha told him, "You know, not so bad. Recovering."

The Doctor asked her, "What about you?"

After the door of the TARDIS was closed and Martha could see Donna standing a mere couple of feet behind the Doctor, Martha said with a nod of her head, "Right. I should've known. Didn't take you long to replace me then."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Now, don't start fighting. Martha, Donna. Donna, Martha. Please don't fight. I can't bear fighting."

As she made her way over towards Martha, Donna said with a chuckle, "You wish." Then– as she shook Martha's hand– she said, "I've heard all about you. He talks about you all the time."

Martha replied, "I dread to think."

With a quick shake of her head, Donna said to her, "No, no, no. No. He says nice things, good things. Nice things. Really good things."

As she brushed aside some of her own hair, Martha said, "Oh, my God! He's told you everything."

In turn, Donna said to her, "Didn't take you long to get over it, though. Who's the lucky man?"

As he turned his head to look over at Donna, the Doctor asked her, "What man? The lucky what?"

Donna told him, "She's engaged, you prawn."

As he turned his attention over towards Martha, the Doctor asked her, "Really? Who to?"

Martha said to him, "Tom. That Tom Milligan. He's in pediatrics. Working out in Africa right now, and yes, I know, I've got a doctor who disappears off to distant places. Tell me about it."

With a tilt of her head, Donna asked, "Is he skinny?"

Martha replied, "No. He's sort of strong."

As she pointed her finger over at the Doctor, Donna said, "He is too skinny for words. You give him a hug, you get a paper cut."

With a mere turn of her head, Martha asked, "Speaking of skinny people, where's Annabelle?" When she didn't respond, Martha asked the Doctor, "Or did you drop her off, too?"

With a shake of his head, the Doctor told her, "No, she still travels with me. But if I'm going to be honest with you, she's still bothered by what happened to her the last time we saw you."

With a sigh, Martha said, "I was afraid that you'd say that. How bad is it?"

The Doctor said to her, "Bad enough that she tries to attack just about anyone that grabs her and simply moves away from me any time I move my hands anywhere close to her face." While Martha only let out another sigh, the Doctor turned his head and said, "Annabelle, you can come out now. It's only Martha."

It was then that the door to the TARDIS had opened and Annabelle could be seen poking her head out of it, which got Martha to simply smile to herself once she saw Annabelle's face– only for the smile to falter when she saw that Annabelle was only staring at her with a blank look on her face.

Then– after seeing only a hint of a smile on Annabelle's face upon seeing Martha– Martha's eyebrows furrowed, which got the Doctor to ask her, "What is it? Is everything okay? She doesn't have any blood on her, does she?"

With a shake of her head, Martha said to him, "No, everything's fine. It's just been so long since I last saw Annabelle that I half-expected for you to drop her off and let her do her own thing after what happened." Then she said to Annabelle, "It's good to see you again, Annabelle."

In turn, Annabelle said to her, "Likewise."

While Martha simply grinned in response to hearing Annabelle's voice for the first time in months, the Doctor quickly looked back over at Annabelle and asked her, "You can talk?" When Annabelle only stared at him, he asked her, "And you didn't tell me? Why didn't you tell me?"

While Annabelle brought her attention over towards a chuckling Martha Jones, the Doctor asked Annabelle, "Just how long have you been talking again?"

It was only when Donna had started to silently watch the interaction between the three of them that a voice could be heard saying, "Dr. Jones, report to base, please. Over."

Then– after having already pulled out a radio– Martha said into it, "This is Dr. Jones. Operation Blue Sky is go, go, go." As she turned her back on the three of them, she said, "I repeat, this is a go."

* * *

With her eyes narrowed, Annabelle watched as several men and vehicles went past where the four of them were standing, shortly before she heard a voice of one of the men say, "Unified Intelligence Task Force. Raise that barrier now. Leave your safeties, on, lads. It's non-hostiles."

Then another voice could be heard saying, "All workers, lay down your tools and surrender."

Then Martha said into her radio, "Greyhound 16 to Trap One, B Section. Go, go, go! Search the ground floor. Grid pattern Delta."

While the three of them continued to walk after Martha, the Doctor asked her, "What are you searching for?"

Martha told him, "Illegal aliens."

Then the same voice from before said, "This is a UNIT operation. All workers lay down your tools and surrender immediately."

Then Martha quickly moved away from the three of them as she said, "B Section mobilized. E Section, F Section, on my command."

It was then that Donna asked the Doctor, "Is that what you did to her? Turned her into a soldier?"

* * *

After Martha had quickly made her way back over towards them, the Doctor asked her, "You're qualified now? You're a proper doctor?"

Martha told him, "UNIT rushed it through, given my experience in the field." As she started to lead them over towards one of the vehicles in the lot, she said, "Here we go. We're establishing a field base on site. They're dying to meet you."

The Doctor replied, "Wish I could say the same."

Moments after they'd entered the back of the vehicle, Martha pushed open a door as she said, "Operation Blue Sky complete, sir. Thanks for letting me take the lead. And this is the Doctor. Doctor, Colonel Mace."

Then Colonel Mace proceeded to salute the Doctor as he said, "Sir."

The Doctor said to him, "Oh, don't salute."

Colonel Mace replied, "But it's an honor, sir. I've read all the files on you. Technically speaking, you're still on staff. You never resigned."

It was then that Donna asked the Doctor, "What? You used to work for them?"

The Doctor told her, "Yeah, a long time ago. Back in the seventies. Or was it the eighties? But it was all a bit more homespun back then."

Colonel Mace said to him, "Times have changed, sir."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Yeah, that's enough of the 'sir'."

With a bit of a smile on her face, Martha said to the Doctor, "Come on now, Doctor. You've seen it. You've been on board the Valiant." As she led them towards another section of the vehicle, she said, "We've got massive funding from the United Nations, all in the name of Homeworld Security."

Then Colonel Mace said, "A modern UNIT for the modern world."

With a mere tilt of her head, Donna asked him, "What, and that means arresting ordinary factory workers, in the streets in broad daylight? It's more like Guantanamo Bay out there. Donna. By the way, Donna Noble, since you didn't ask." Then she pointed a finger over at Annabelle as she said, "And that is Annabelle Mikaelson, since you didn't even bother to ask for her name, either. The pair of us will have a salute."

Then Colonel Mace looked over at the Doctor, who simply nodded his head, before he proceeded to salute both Donna and Annabelle and then said to the two of them, "Ma'ams."

With a nod of her head, Donna said to him, "Thank you."

While Annabelle silently eyed Donna with a bit of a smirk on her face, the Doctor asked, "So tell me, what's going on in that factory?"

Colonel Mace told him, "Yesterday, fifty-two people died in identical circumstances, right across the world, in eleven different time zones. 5:00 am in the UK, 6:00 am in France, 8:00 am in Moscow, 1:00 pm in China..."

In turn, the Doctor asked him, "You mean they died simultaneously?"

Colonel Mace replied, "Exactly. Fifty-two deaths at the exact same moment worldwide."

The Doctor asked him, "How did they die?"

Colonel Mace told him, "They were all inside their cars."

With a nod of her head, Martha said, "They were poisoned. I checked the biopsies, no toxins. Whatever it is left the system immediately."

The Doctor asked them, "What have the cars got in common?"

With a shake of her head, Martha said to him, "Completely different makes. They're all fitted with Atmos. And that is the Atmos factory."

Doctor asked them, "What is Atmos?"

With a mere tilt of her head, Donna replied, "Well, come on, even I know that. Everyone's got Atmos."

Then Annabelle said, "I don't."

* * *

As she led them through one of the upper layers of the factory, Martha told them, "It stands for Atmospheric Emission System. The Atmos in your car reduces CO2 emissions to zero."

In turn, the Doctor asked her, "Zero? No carbon, none at all?"

Then Donna said, "And you get Sat Nav thrown in, plus twenty quid in shopping vouchers if you introduce a friend. Bargain."

With a raise of his arms, Colonel Mace said, "And this is where they make it, Doctor. Shipping worldwide. Seventeen factories across the globe, but this is the central depot, sending Atmos to every country on Earth."

The Doctor asked him, "And you think Atmos is alien?"

In turn, Colonel Mace said to him, "It's our job to investigate that possibility. Doctor?" After leading them over towards another part of the factory, he said, "And here it is, laid bare. Atmos can be threaded through any and every make of car."

The Doctor said to him, "You must have checked it before it went on sale."

Martha replied, "We did. We found nothing. That's why I thought we needed an expert."

As he put on his glasses, the Doctor asked her, "Really? Who'd you get?" After turning around and seeing that the four of them were just staring at him, he said, "Oh, right! Me, yes. Good."

After Martha and Colonel Mace had gone towards another part of the room, Donna asked the Doctor, "Okay, so why would aliens be so keen on cleaning up our atmosphere?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "A very good question."

Then Donna said to him, "Maybe they want to help, get rid of pollution and stuff."

With a sigh, the Doctor asked her, "Do you know how many cars there are on planet Earth? Eight-hundred million. Imagine that. If you could control them, you'd have eight-hundred million weapons."

* * *

As he moved around the object that he was holding, the Doctor said, "Ionizing nano-membrane carbon dioxide converter, which means that Atmos works, filters the CO2 at a molecular level."

While the Doctor moved over towards another table, Colonel Mace said to him, "We know all that. But what's its origin? Is it alien?"

The Doctor replied, "No, but it's decades ahead of its time." As he glanced over at Colonel Mace, the Doctor asked him, "Look, do you mind? Could you stand back a bit?"

In turn, Colonel Mace said to him, "Sorry. Have I done something wrong?"

The Doctor told him, "You're carrying a gun. I don't like people with guns hanging around me, alright?"

With a nod of his head, Colonel Mace said to him, "If you insist."

While Colonel Mace only walked out of the room, Martha said to the Doctor, "Tetchy."

The Doctor replied, "Well, it's true."

In turn, Martha said to him, "He's a good man."

As he straightened his back, the Doctor said to her, "People with guns are usually the enemy in my books." As he pulled out his sonic screwdriver and pointed it at the object that he was holding, he said to Martha, "You seem quite at home."

Martha replied, "If anyone got me used to fighting, it's you."

With a mere tilt of his head, the Doctor said to her, "Oh, right. So it's my fault."

With a shake of her head, Martha told him, "Well, you got me the job. Besides, look at me." After the Doctor had turned his head to look over at her, Martha asked him, "Am I carrying a gun?"

The Doctor said to her, "I suppose not."

With a shake of her head, Martha said to him, "It's alright for you. You can just come and go, but some of us have got to stay behind. So I've got to work from the inside. And by staying inside, maybe I stand a chance of making them better."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Yeah. That's more like Martha Jones."

With a shake of her head, Martha told him, "I learnt from the best..."

With a mere tilt of his head, the Doctor said, "Well..."

It was then that Donna said to them, "Oi, you lot." After both Martha and the Doctor had turned their attention over towards Annabelle and Donna, Donna told them, "All your storm troopers and your sonics, rubbish. You should've come with me."

The Doctor asked her, "Oh, where have you two been?"

Donna told him, "Personnel. That's where the weird stuff's happening. In the paperwork. 'Cause I spent years working as a temp, I can find my way around an office blindfold. And the first thing I noticed is an empty file."

The Doctor asked her, "Why, what's inside it? Or what's not inside it?"

Donna said to him, "Sick days." After opening up the binder, she told them, "There aren't any. Hundreds of people working here and no one's sick. Not one hangover, man 'flu, sneaky little shopping trip. Nothing. Not ever. They don't get ill."

As he made his way over towards where Donna and Annabelle were standing, Colonel Mace said, "That can't be right."

While Colonel Mace went to look down at the binder himself, Donna said to him, "You've been checking out the building, you should've been checking out the workforce."

It was then that Martha said to Donna, "I can see why he likes you. You are good."

In turn, Donna said to her, "Super temp."

As he stared down at the binder, Colonel Mace said, "Dr. Jones, set up a medical post. Start examining the workers. I'll get them sent through."

While Colonel Mace started to walk out of the room, Martha said, "Come on, Donna. Give me a hand." As she started to walk out of the room and in a completely opposite direction that Colonel Mace had gone in, Martha said, "You too, Annabelle."

In response to Martha's words, Annabelle silently looked between the Doctor and Martha before she went to do as Martha had said and started to walk after the two humans– leaving the Doctor to run after Colonel Mace in an attempt to ask him some more questions about Atmos and how it came to be.

* * *

After putting a chair down onto the floor, Donna asked Martha, "Do you think I should warn my mum? About the Atmos in her car."

In turn, Martha said to her, "Better safe than sorry."

As she started to walk out of the room, Donna said, "I'll give her a call."

It was then that Martha asked her, "Donna, do they know where you are? Your family? I mean, that you're traveling with the Doctor?"

With a shake of her head, Donna told her, "Not really. Although my granddad sort of waved us off. But I didn't have time to explain."

Martha asked her, "You just left him behind?"

In turn, Donna said to her, "Yeah."

After only nodding her head to herself, Martha said, "I didn't tell my family. I kept it all so secret. It almost destroyed them."

With a turn of her head, Donna asked her, "In what way?"

Martha told her, "They ended up imprisoned. They were tortured. My mum, my dad, my sister." As she glanced over at Annabelle, she said, "But unfortunately for Annabelle, her imprisonment and the torture that she received was far worse than the torture that my family had to endure. It made her shut down and caused her to– I guess you could say– hide inside of herself so that she didn't truly feel anything more that was done to her, which is why she is the way that she is now. Closed off, quiet, emotionless, quick to move herself away from others that grab onto her or at least try and attack them. Annabelle wasn't the kindest person when I first met her and had threatened to kill me at least once prior to the torture, but not even she deserved what happened to her. She was made into a mere shell of the person that she was before."

While Donna simply turned her head to look over at Annabelle with furrowed eyebrows, Martha said to Donna, "It wasn't the Doctor's fault, but you need to be careful. 'Cause you know the Doctor. He's wonderful, he's brilliant, but he's like fire. Stand too close and people get burnt."

* * *

While the Doctor and Colonel Mace walked back over towards the front of the factory, the Doctor said to him, "You're not coming with me. I want to talk to this Luke Rattigan, not point a gun at him."

Colonel Mace told him, "It's ten miles outside London. How are you going to get there?"

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Well, then, get me a jeep."

Colonel Mace replied, "According to the records, you travel by TARDIS."

The Doctor told him, "Yeah, but if there is a danger of hostile aliens, I think it's best to keep a super-duper time machine away from the front lines."

Colonel Mace said to him, "I see, then you do have weapons, but you choose to keep them hidden." Then– with a turn of his head– he said, "Jenkins."

In turn, Jenkins said to him, "Sir."

Colonel Mace told Jenkins, "You will accompany the Doctor and take orders from him."

It was then that the Doctor said, "Yeah. I don't do orders."

Colonel Mace said to the Doctor, "Any sign of trouble, get Jenkins to declare a Code Red. And good luck, sir."

After Colonel Mace had saluted him once more, the Doctor said to him, "I said, 'No salutes'."

Colonel Mace replied, "Now you're giving orders."

As he stared after Colonel Mace, the Doctor said, "Oh, you're getting a bit cheeky, you are."

Then he turned his head when he heard Donna say to him, "Doctor."

It was then that he quickly ran over towards Annabelle and Donna as he said, "Oh, just in time. Come on. Come on, we're going to the country." While the Doctor dragged Donna along with him and Annabelle only walked after them, the Doctor said, "Fresh air and geniuses. What more could you ask?"

Donna told him, "I'm not coming with you. I've been thinking. I'm sorry. I'm going home."

In turn, the Doctor asked her, "Really?"

Donna said to him, "I've got to."

After only nodding his head, the Doctor said to her, "Well, if that's what you want. I mean, it's a bit soon. I had so many places I wanted to take you. The Fifteenth Broken Moon of the Medusa Cascade. The lightning skies of Cotter Palluni's world. The Diamond Coral Reefs of Kataa Flo Ko." Then– after stiffly nodding his head– he said to her, "Thank you. Thank you, Donna Noble. It's been brilliant. You've... You saved my life in so many ways. You're... You're just popping home for a visit, that's what you mean."

With a nod of her head, Donna said to him, "You dumbo."

While Annabelle silently looked between them with a bit of a smirk on her face, the Doctor said to Donna, "And then you're coming back."

With a nod of her head, Donna asked him, "D'you know what you are? A great big outer-space dunce."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Yeah."

It was then that Jenkins said to the Doctor, "Ready when you are, sir."

With a nod of her head, Donna said to the Doctor, "What's more, you can give me a lift. Come on."

While the two of them quickly made their way over towards the vehicle, the Doctor asked, "Annabelle, are you going to be coming with me to the Rattigan Academy?" When Annabelle only snorted to herself in response to his question, he said, "Hey!"

Then– after glancing behind himself and seeing the smirk that Annabelle still had on her face– he said, "Well, at least I'm getting some sort of emotion out of her."

Then he opened one of the doors for Donna, who asked him, "Broken Moon of what?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "I know. I know."

* * *

While Jenkins continued to drive them over to the Rattigan Academy, Jenkins said, "UNIT's been watching the Rattigan Academy for ages. It's all a bit Hitler Youth. Exercise at dawn and classes and special diets."

It was then that the SAT NAV said, "Turn left."

Then the Doctor said, "Ross, one question. If UNIT think that Atmos is dodgy..."

In turn, Jenkins asked him, "How come we've got it in the jeeps? Tell me about it. They're fitted as standard on all government vehicles. We can't get rid of them till we can prove there's something wrong."

Then the SAT NAV said, "Turn right."

Then Jenkins said, "Drives me around the bend."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Oh, nice one."

Jenkins replied, "I timed that perfectly."

The Doctor said to him, "Yeah. Yeah, you did."

It wasn't long afterwards that the SAT NAV said, "This is your final destination."

* * *

While the students of the academy ran past them, the Doctor asked, "Is it PE? Wouldn't mind a kick around. I've got my daps on."

After turning around to face them, Luke Rattigan said to him, "I suppose you're the Doctor."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Hello."

Luke told him, "Your Commanding Officer phoned ahead."

The Doctor replied, "Oh, I haven't got a Commanding Officer. Have you?" Then– with a nod of his head– he said, "Oh, this is Ross. Say hello, Ross."

With a nod of his head, Jenkins said to Luke, "Good afternoon, sir."

Then– with another nod of his head– the Doctor said, "And this is Annabelle." While Luke only glanced over at Annabelle and saw how she stared directly at him with her eyes narrowed and her head tilted to the side, the Doctor told him, "Don't mind her. She doesn't talk much these days and she isn't really a big fan of other people, in case you haven't noticed the way that she's looking at you."

Luke only looked away from Annabelle when the Doctor said to him, "Let's have a look, then. I can smell genius... in a good way."

* * *

As he walked into a room, the Doctor said, "Oh, now! That's clever, look." After stopping in front of a piece of equipment and putting on his glasses, he said, "A single-molecule fabric. How thin is that? You could pack a tent in a thimble."

Then he looked over at another piece of equipment as he said, "Ooh! Gravity simulators." Then he quickly made his way over towards another piece of equipment before he said, "Terraforming, biospheres, nano-tech steel construction. This is brilliant. Do you know, with equipment like this you could, ooh, I don't know, move to another planet or something?"

With a nod of his head, Luke said to him, "If only that was possible."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "If only that were possible." After taking off his glasses and shoving it back into his coat, he said, "Conditional clause."

After Annabelle had simply snorted to herself in response to the Doctor's words, Luke looked between the two of them before he said to the Doctor, "I think you'd better come with me."

* * *

While the four of them walked into another room at the Rattigan Academy, Luke said, "You're smarter than the usual UNIT grunts. I'll give you that."

With a quick turn of his head, the Doctor said to Jenkins, "He called you a grunt." Then he said to Luke, "Don't call Ross a grunt. He's nice. We like Ross."

Then the Doctor looked around the inside of the room as he said, "Look at this place."

With a raise of his arms, Luke asked him, "What exactly do you want?"

As he continued to walk away from Luke, the Doctor said, "I was just thinking, what a responsible eighteen-year-old. Inventing zero-carbon cars. Saving the world." As he continued to look around the inside of the room, the Doctor said, "Tell me something, Annabelle. Were you this responsible when you were his age?"

When he didn't receive a response from Annabelle, the Doctor glanced over at Annabelle and saw her simply staring at him with her head held high and her eyes narrowed before he looked away from her as he said, "I suppose you were a bit responsible, what with that husband and those children that you had. But responsibility on this scale? I would think not."

In turn, Annabelle said to the Doctor, "I agree, Doctor. The only form of responsibility I had then was the responsibility of just how much I could severely harm my cursed parents, if they were to so much as attempt to come near me or my husband and children."

While the Doctor grinned to himself in response to the fact that he'd actually gotten Annabelle to talk to him for the first time in months, Luke simply looked between the two of them with his eyes slightly narrowed before he said to the Doctor, "It takes a man with vision."

Then the Doctor said to him, "Hmm! Blinkered vision." As he started to make his way back over towards where Luke was standing, he said, "'Cause Atmos means more people driving. More cars, more petrol. End result, the oil's going to run out faster than ever. The Atmos system could make things worse."

As he started to take a couple of steps forward, Luke replied, "Yeah. Well, see, that's a tautology. You can't say Atmos system because it stands for 'Atmospheric Emission System'. So you're saying Atmospheric Emission System System. Do you see, Mr. Condition Clause?

With a shake of his head, the Doctor asked him, "It's been a long time since anyone said no to you, isn't it?"

After a couple seconds of silence, Luke told him, "I'm still right though."

The Doctor asked him, "Not easy, is it? Being clever? You look at the world and you connect things, random things, and think, why can't anyone else see it? The rest of the world is so slow."

In turn, Luke said to him, "Yeah."

The Doctor said to him, "You're on your own."

Luke said to him, "I know."

As he pulled the object from the factory out of his coat, the Doctor said, "But not with this. 'Cause there's no way you invented this single-handedly. Might be Earth technology, but that's like finding a mobile phone in the Middle Ages." While Jenkins was quick to catch the object that the Doctor had tossed over to him, the Doctor said, "No. No. I'll tell you what it's like. It's like finding this in the middle of someone's front room, albeit a very big front room."

Then Jenkins asked the Doctor, "Why, what is it?"

With a shake of his head, the Doctor said, "Nah! This looks like a thing, doesn't it? People don't question things. You say, 'It's a thing'."

With a raise of one of his arms, Luke said to him, "Leave it alone."

After choosing to ignore Luke's words, the Doctor said, "Me, I make these connections, and this, to me, looks like a teleport pod."

It was then that the Doctor had disappeared right in front of them, which got Annabelle to simply tilt her head and blink to herself as she stared at the spot in which the Doctor had just disappeared.

It wasn't long after he'd disappeared that the Doctor quickly reappeared and then ran away from the teleportation pod as he yelled, "Ross, get out!" As he grabbed onto Annabelle's arm and started to drag her along with him, he said, "Luke, you'd better come with me."

When Luke didn't make an attempt to follow him, the Doctor turned to the teleportation pod, shortly before a rather short figure wearing a helmet had appeared just inside of the teleportation pod.

With her eyes narrowed, Annabelle tilted her head just a bit more to the side, while the Doctor pointed his sonic screwdriver at the teleportation pod, which resulted in sparks coming out of it.

After the figure had simply turned its head, the Doctor yelled, "Sontaran!" When the figure turned to face the Doctor, the Doctor asked, "That's your name, isn't it? You're a Sontaran. How did I know that, eh? Fascinating, isn't it? Isn't that worth keeping me alive?"

With his gun pointed at the Sontaran, Jenkins said to it, "I order you to surrender in the name of the Unified Intelligence Task Force."

While Annabelle only slowly turned her head to look over at Jenkins, the Doctor said to him, "Well, that's not going to work." Then he turned to the Sontaran and asked it, "Cordolaine signal, am I right?"

As he leaned in towards Jenkins, the Doctor said, "Copper excitations stopping the bullets."

It was then that the Sontaran asked the Doctor, "How do you know so much?"

With a mere tilt of his head, the Doctor said, "Well..."

Then the Sontaran asked Luke, "Who is he?"

With a raise of his arms, Luke said, "He didn't give his name."

It wasn't long afterwards that the Doctor asked, "Now this isn't typical Sontaran behavior, is it? Hiding. Using teenagers? Stopping bullets? A Sontaran should face bullets with dignity. Shame on you."

In turn, the Sontaran said to him, "You dishonor me, sir."

The Doctor replied, "Yeah? Then show yourself."

The Sontaran said to him, "I will look into my enemy's eyes."

While Annabelle simply blinked to herself after seeing the Sontaran remove its helmet, Jenkins said, "Oh, my God."

Then the Doctor asked the Sontaran, "And your name?"

The Sontaran said, "General Staal, of the 10th Sontaran Fleet. Staal the Undefeated."

In turn, the Doctor said to General Staal, "Oh, that's not a very good nickname. What if you do get defeated? Staal the not-so-quite-undefeated anymore, but never mind?"

After letting out a scoff, Jenkins said, "He looks like a potato, a baked potato, a talking baked potato."

The Doctor said to Jenkins, "Now, Ross, don't be rude. You look like a pink weasel to him." As he went to pick up a blue ball from the floor, he said, "The Sontarans are the finest soldiers in the galaxy. Dedicated to a life of warfare. A clone race. Grown in batches of millions with only one weakness."

It was then that General Staal said to him, "Sontarans have no weakness."

While Annabelle only snorted to herself in response to General Staal's words, the Doctor said, "No, it's a good weakness."

With a turn of his head, Luke said to the Doctor, "Thought you were meant to be clever. Only an idiot would provoke him."

The Doctor replied, "No, but the Sontarans are fed by a Probic Vent in the back of their neck. That's their weak spot, which means they always have to face their enemies in battle. Isn't that brilliant? They can never turn their back."

Then General Staal said, "We stare into the face of death."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Yeah, well stare at this."

Then he threw up the ball and hit it with a tennis racket, which resulted in it bouncing off of the teleportation before hitting the back of General Staal's neck.

As soon as General Staal had started to let out a scream, the Doctor grabbed Annabelle by the arm once more and dragged her out of the room with him, while he and Jenkins ran out of there and left only Luke Rattigan to remain in the room with General Staal.

* * *

While Jenkins continued to drive them away from the Rattigan Academy, the Doctor said into the radio, "Greyhound 40 to Trap One. Repeat. Can you hear me? Over."

When only static was heard, Jenkins asked the Doctor, "Why is it not working?"

The Doctor told him, "Must be the Sontarans. If they can trace that, they can isolate the Atmos."

It was then that the SAT NAV said, "Turn left."

Then the Doctor said to him, "Try going right."

In turn, Jenkins said to him, "It said left."

The Doctor replied, "I know, so go right."

After attempting to do just that, Jenkins said to him, "I've got no control. It's driving itself. It won't stop." As he attempted to try and open one of the doors, he said, "The doors are locked."

Even with his sonic screwdriver pointed at the SAT Nav, the Doctor said, "It's deadlocked. I can't stop it."

As he went to reach towards the SAT NAV, Jenkins said, "Let me..."

Then the SAT NAV said, "Turn left."

After Jenkins had fallen back into his seat, the Doctor said, "The sat nav's just a box. It's wired into the whole car."

Only moments after the car had made a left turn, Jenkins said, "We're heading for the river."

While the car continued to drive in the direction of the river, the Doctor asked, "Atmos, are you programmed to contradict my orders?"

Atmos said to him, "Confirmed."

Then the Doctor said, "Anything I say, you'll ignore it."

Once more, Atmos said, "Confirmed."

In turn, the Doctor said to Atmos, "Then drive into the river. I order you to drive me into the river. Do it. Drive into the river."

It wasn't until they'd reached the riverbank and were about to go into the river that the Doctor, Annabelle and Jenkins were able to get out of the vehicle.

And while the Doctor had dragged Annabelle away from the immobile vehicle, the SAT NAV could be heard saying, "Turn right. Left."

As he tugged Annabelle onto the ground once they were far enough away from the vehicle, the Doctor said, "Get down."

And while Annabelle ripped her arm out of the Doctor's grasp, the SAT NAV said, "Left, right, left, right..."

Then a form of crackling was heard, which got the three of them to turn to the immobile vehicle and the Doctor to ask, "Oh, is that it?"

* * *

After the Doctor had opened the hood to the vehicle that he was standing in front of, Jenkins said, "I'll requisition us a vehicle."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Anything without Atmos. And don't point your gun at people."

And while Jenkins went to do as he said he was going to do, an older man came running out of his home and over towards Donna as he asked, "Is it him? Is it him? Is it the Doctor?" After coming to a halt just beside Donna and seeing that Annabelle and the Doctor were standing in front of the car, the older man said, "Oh, it's you."

With a mere turn of his head, the Doctor said, "Who?" Then– as he straightened his back and turned away from the car– he said, "Oh! It's you."

With a quick turn of her head, Donna asked the older man, "What, have you met before?"

The older man told her, "Yeah. Christmas Eve. They disappeared right in front of me."

In turn, Donna said to him, "And you never said."

The older man replied, "Well, you never said."

Then he held out a hand towards the Doctor as he said, "Wilf, sir. Wilfred Mott. The two of you must be a pair of them aliens."

With a bit of a grin on his face, the Doctor said, "I am, yeah, but don't shout it out." As he shook Wilfred's hand, the Doctor said to him, "Nice to meet you properly, Wilf."

With a gasp, Wilfred said, "Ah, an alien hand." Then he looked between Annabelle and the Doctor as he asked, "Well, if she isn't an alien, then what is she? A human?"

With a shake of his head, the Doctor told him, "Oh, no, Annabelle hasn't been human in over a thousand years." When Wilfred only stared at him, the Doctor said to him, "Original vampire– one of the first vampires to ever walk the Earth."

While Wilfred only looked over at Annabelle with furrowed eyebrows and his mouth slightly open, the Doctor turned to Donna and asked her, "Donna, anything?"

With a shake of her head, Donna said to him, "She's not answering. What is it, Sonterruns?"

The Doctor said to her, "Sontarans. But there's got to be more to it. They can't just be remote-controlling cars. That's not enough. Is anyone answering?"

It was then that Donna said to him, "Hold on."

It wasn't long afterwards that Annabelle heard Martha's voice say on the other end of the phone, "Don't tell me. Donna Noble."

In turn, Donna said to her, "Martha. Hold on, he's here."

Then– after being handed the phone by Donna– the Doctor said into it, "Martha, tell Colonel Mace it's the Sontarans. They're in the file. Code RED Sontarans. But if they're inside the factory, tell him not to start shooting. UNIT will get massacred. I'll get back as soon as I can. You got that?"

Martha said to him, "Code Red Sontaran. Gotcha."

* * *

While the Doctor pointed his sonic screwdriver at the inside of the hood of the car, Donna said to him, "You tried sonicking it before and you didn't find anything."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Yeah, but now I know it's Sontaran, I know what I'm looking for."

It was then that Wilfred said to the Doctor, "The thing is, Doctor, that Donna is my only grandchild. You got to promise me you're going to take care of her."

The Doctor replied, "She takes care of me."

With a nod of his head, Wilfred said, "Oh, yeah. That's my Donna. Yeah, she was always bossing us around even when she was tiny. The Little General we used to call her."

While Annabelle only snorted to herself in response to Wilfred's words, Donna said with a shake of her head, "Yeah, don't start."

Then Wilfred told them, "And some of the boys she used to turn up with, a different one every week. Here." Then he turned to Donna and asked her, "Who was that one with the nail varnish?"

While Annabelle slowly turned her head to look between the two of them with her eyes narrowed, Donna said, "Matthew Richards. He lives in Kilburn now... with a man."

It was then several spikes had popped up on the device in the hood of the car, which got the Doctor to say, "Whoa! It's a temporal pocket. I knew there was something else in there. It's hidden just a second out of sync with real time."

Donna asked him, "But what's it hiding?"

Then another voice could be heard saying, "I don't know. Men and their cars." While Annabelle only glanced over at the blonde-haired woman that was standing between Donna and Wilfred, the woman said, "Sometimes I think if I was a car..."

As soon as the Doctor had turned his head to look over at them, the woman said to him, "Oh, it's you. Doctor, what was it?"

With a wave of his hand, the Doctor said to her, "Yeah, that's me."

Then Wilfred asked the woman, "What, have you met him as well?"

With a shake of her head, the woman told him, "Dad, it's the man from the wedding when you were laid up with Spanish 'flu. I'm warning you. Last time that man turned up, it was a disaster."

It wasn't long after she'd said those words that smoke started to pour out of the device, which got the Doctor to say, "Get back."

* * *

As he pointed his sonic screwdriver at the smoking car, the Doctor said, "That'll stop it."

With a wave of her arm, the woman said, "I told you. He's blown up the car." While the Doctor used only his hand to wave away the smoke, the woman asked, "Who is he anyway? What sort of Doctor blows up cars?"

In turn, Donna said to the woman, "Oh, not now, Mum."

With a mere tilt of her head, Mrs. Noble asked her, "Oh, should I make an appointment?"

While Mrs. Noble took it upon herself to quickly walk away from them, the Doctor raised his head and said, "That wasn't just exhaust fumes. It's some sort of gas, artificial gas."

With a point of his finger, Wilfred said, "And it's aliens. Is it aliens?"

Then Donna asked, "Is this poisonous?" While Wilfred simply walked away from them, Donna said, "Then they've got poisonous gas in every car on Earth."

While Annabelle only eyed each of the cars with narrowed eyes, Wilfred got himself into the car as he said, "It's not safe. I'm going to get it off the street."

After he closed the car door and started the engine, Donna said to her grandfather, "No, don't." After making her way over towards the driver's side window, she said, "Turn it off. Grandad, get out of there."

With a shake of his head, Wilfred told her, "I can't. It's locked. It's them aliens again."

Then he pressed his hand on the horn of the car, which was followed shortly by the sound of Mrs. Noble asking, "What's he doing? What's he doing?"

Then the Doctor said, "They've isolated it."

With her eyes narrowed, Annabelle slowly walked over towards where Donna was standing and simply watched as Wilfred repeatedly hit one of his hands against the driver's side window, shortly before Donna said, "There's gas inside the car. He's going to choke. Doctor!"

After quickly going over towards the driver's side door, the Doctor repeatedly tried to pull open the door and then proceeded to point his sonic screwdriver at it before he said, "It won't open." Then– after hearing the honking of more vehicles– he said, "It's the whole world."

With narrowed eyes, Annabelle watched as the Doctor quickly ran back over towards the hood of the car before she brought her attention back over towards Wilfred and Donna and silently watched how they both tried to do what they could to open the car.

And while Donna continued to try to get her grandfather out of the car, Annabelle only tilted her head as she eyed the two of them and listened to the sound of Wilfred's coughing.

Then– after pulling out a wire– the Doctor quickly ran back over towards the driver's side door and hit his hand against it as he yelled, "Donna!"

After failing to open the door once more, the Doctor took a quick couple of steps away from the car and stared over at the other cars that had smoke coming out of them, shortly before Donna yelled, "Doctor!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

981 61 8
๐…แด€แดษชสŸส... ๐€ ๐‘แด€แด›สœแด‡ส€ ๐‚แดแดแดแดษด ๐˜แด‡แด› ๐แดwแด‡ส€า“แดœสŸ ๐–แดส€แด…, ๐–ษชแด›สœ ๐’แดœแด„สœ ๐€ ๐ƒแด‡แด‡แด˜ ๐Œแด‡แด€ษดษชษดษข. ๐“wแด ๐†ษชส€สŸs, ๐„ษดแด›ษชส€แด‡สŸส ๐”ษดแด‹ษดแดwษด ๐“แด ๐„แด€แด„สœ ๐Žแด›สœแด‡ส€, ๐–แด‡ส€แด‡ ๐ƒแด‡sแด›ษชษดแด‡แด…...
19.7K 818 15
๐€๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐š ๐’๐š๐ฅ๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Œ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐…๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ฐ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐š๐ง...
69.2K 2.2K 66
callisto, an alien from a far away planet, is trapped in a museum of alien artefacts. a man with no name and only a job title finds her and invites h...
7.7K 153 33
a girl struggling with the will to live and a man whose been taking peoples lives for 1000 years. who ever thought these opposites would attract. St...