𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 [𝐃𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤 𝐇...

By mayadaisyy

❝To be bewitched, or under a magic spell.❞ Nova was your average sweetheart, she was quiet, shy, loved by all... More

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡
𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡 𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐋𝐕
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗
𝐋
Authors Note
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐋𝐈𝐕
𝐋𝐕
𝐋𝐕𝐈
𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐋𝐈𝐕
Authors Note

𝐋𝐈

3K 105 20
By mayadaisyy

The Dark Moon [ 4.1 ]

It was a hours later that Nova had woken up from being knocked unconscious in the loft. As her eyes fluttered open and adjusted to the place around her she was on alert as her eyes scanned the building for her boyfriend. Calling out for him was helpless as she knew that there was no chance he was there at all.

Though with her mind a bit fuzzy she was able to remember that the hunters that were now gone, were her but was still left unsure of the events that followed their presence. With the mess left behind it was clear that whoever was here, whether it was the hunters or whatever followed after them, had Derek and they were going at lengths to keep him away.

Reaching her friends with urgency, she called them in a hurry to come back to Derek's place, one to help her figure out what happened and two, because she had no other means of transportation. She paced around the loft nervously, when something caught her eyes. It was one of the shells casing to the bullets that were used.

Her attention quickly shifted as the sounds of hurried footsteps were heard coming up. Scott and Stiles' face gave her relief, walking towards them and pulling them in for hugs. Though confused, they accepted it with no hesitation. Though when she pulled away and their attention was averted to the big room in front of them, their confusion only grew.

"What the hell happened?" Stiles questioned.

The fearful chemo-signals she was radiating made Scott ask, "And where's Derek?" Nothing his lack of presence.

She shook her head anxiously, "I-I don't know." She stuttered out, "They took him...someone took him."

Scott looked at his friend, "Who? Who took him?"

"There were these guys– hunters, they stormed because they're looking for someone. B-but then there was a bunch of gas and someone else came in. They knocked all of the others out, including me."

"Do you recognize them? The hunters?" Stiles questioned.

"No." Nova shakes her head, "But they were some kind of latin. Maybe Mexican." She suggested, "And I found this." She held the casing towards the two..

Scott nodded, "Okay, let's get this to Deaton, maybe he can help." He told the girl.

Noticing the small glint of helplessness in the girl's eyes, Stiles put a comforting hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry. We'll save him, like always."

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚

After lying to their parents the group made their way to Mexico, where Deaton had advised them they could Find Derek. Lydia, Stiles, and Nova walked through the small streets of a town in Mexico, navigating their way towards a club where they had come up with a plan to negotiate with the Calaveras– the hunters who they think have Derek.

The three walked together, one girl on each of Stiles' side, "This doesn't seem so bad..." He looked around the small town that they had walked through.

"It's not the town, it's the plan." Lydia told him.

He looked at her offendedly, "What's wrong with the plan?"

She had an exasperated look on her face, "Stiles, this could be the stupidest plan we've ever come up with. You're aware of that, right?"

"I'm aware it's not our best..."

Nova nodded, "She's right. By far the worst plan we've ever had."

The boy scoffed side eyeing Nova, "We're trying to save your boyfriend." He reminded.

"We're still going to die." Lydia interrupted him.

Stiles frowned at her words, "Are you saying that as a Banshee, or you're just being pessimistic?" He questioned with concern.

"I'm saying it as a person who doesn't wanna die."

"Okay...would you mind restricting any talk of death to actual Banshee predictions?"

"This plan is stupid and we're going to die." The red head spoke with sarcasm.

"Oh. Thank you." Stiles responded with an equal amount of sarcasm.

By the time the night sky darkened, the three of them had approached the place they were instructed to be at. They approached the door that was being guarded by two men, each who held smug looks on their face.

They all shared a look before Lydia spoke, "¿Estamos aquí para la fiesta?"

The two guards looked at them like it was a joke but when Stiles pulled out the calavera card and showed it to them. They gesture to show it to the surveillance camera, and as he did the door buzzed open.

Stiles entered first, the two girls behind him, they flinched as the door shut harshly behind them. Walking down the creepy hallway, the faint sound of music could be heard as they approached the entrance on the other side. They went through and were immediately met with the loud party scene.

Making their way towards the bar, there were drinks set in front of them, Stiles reached for his wallet to pay but a voice intervened, "No. On the house. Most American teenagers don't cross the border to refuse a drink."

"We didn't come here to drink." Nova answered before taking one of the shell casing, putting it into the shot poured.

The hunter led them to a back room where the head of the Calaveras, Araya, was waiting. The three sat across from the woman, there were guards posted up all around the room.

"Severo hates this music. Me? I've always loved the music of youth. This especially– it has a savage energy."

Lydia looked at her, "We're here for Derek Hale."

An amused expression crossed her face, "Is that so?"

"We know you have him. We've heard you can be bought." Lydia implied.

Stiles pulled out stacks of cash and set it on the table, "That's fifty thousand for Derek." He told her.

"Now, where does a teenage boy get money like this? Japanese mafia?" She questioned with a smirk on her face, "Not smart to come alone." She leaned forward in intimidation.

"What makes you think we came alone?" Stiles questioned.

Araya's face contorted in anger with realization, "You brought a wolf into my house?"

"We brought an Alpha." Stiles clarified.

One of the hunters stepped forward in anger, weapon loaded but Nova flicked her wrist pushing him back. Whether he was going to harm them or not, she wasn't going to take a chance.

Arayas eyes shifted with fascination, "And of course...the little witch." Her eyes narrowed on Nova.

Nova glared hardly, "We're not done."

"My friends..." The older woman sighed and turned towards the window, "I don't think you're aware of your poor timing. Do you know what the dark moon is?" She asked.

"The part of the lunar phase when the moon is least visible in the sky." Lydia answered.

"But do you know its meaning?" She questioned further.

Lydia shrugged, "Some people say it's a time of reflection... Or grief..."

Araya nodded, "Grief and loss, mija. I wonder why, when you and your friends have suffered so much loss, you would risk it again for someone like Derek Hale."

"'Cause we don't like to lose." Stiles said.

Nova looked at her with a glare, "And we don't leave anyone behind."

All of a sudden the voices of the hunters started coming in from the radios, they had been checking for the supernatural creatures. When one hunter didn't report back, there was a long pause in the room with Araya and the three teens.

"Stiles, take ten off the table." Scotts voice was heard through the last radio.

Stiles removed one of the stacks from the table, "Maybe you should just take the deal..." Lydia smirked.

"While I am keen to follow the warning of a banshee, I'm going to have to decline." Araya smiled cynically.

The leader of the Calavers had not been giving in and it made the three opposite of her become frustrated, Stiles more so than the other two.

He sat up in his seat, "Awww, come on. Just give us Derek. You don't want him anyway! Haven't you noticed what a downer he is? No sense of humor, poor conversationalist..." He said, making Nova roll her eyes, "Just, come on. Take the money." He urged.

Arayao only picked up the radio, "Severo? Show them how the Calaveras negotiate." She smirked at the three.

Nova and Lydia had been separated from Stiles when everything had gone down. One of the hunters took him into another room where the three supernatural creatures were also brought to after they were ambushed by the calaveras. But then Nova and Lydia were separated as well, Nova found herself again with Araya as they went to walk out.

"Did you know here in Mexico, it's believed that witchcraft stems from satanism."

Nova turned to the lady, "Yeah, a lot of people believe it also had a lot of catholic influence." She said.

"Usually I would think that you were just another monster like all these werewolves but I know there's more."

"They're not all monsters." Nova defended.

Araya scowled, "They are to me." She said before changing the subject, "I know what you've done Nova." The young girl's eyes fell to the ground of the pathway they were walking though.

"I made mistakes and a lot of people got hurt, I know that and I'm trying to make up for what I did."

The older woman smiled, "Let's see if we can put that to the test." She continued to lead the girl through the hallway until they reached the outside, where Nova saw a small table with food and Lydia stood there, two guards in front of her.

"You alright?" Nova asked the girl pulling her in for a hug.

Lydia returned it quickly, "Yeah, are you?" Nova nodded.

The two girls were told to take a seat and were sitting across from the elder lady, who was stirring her drink, "I admit, I don't have much experience with Banshees." She looked towards Lydia.

"That makes two of us, since I don't have much experience being one..." Lydia said but Nova remained quiet.

Araya smiled, "I have a feeling you underestimate your abilities, Lydia." She looked at the girl with a glint of curiosity in her eyes.

"Trust me– you'd have better luck with tarot cards."

"Let's find out!" Araya had a smug smile, "Tell me... Which of these men is about to die?" She pointed to the two Calavera guards standing in front of them. Nova's face dropped as Lydia contorted into one of fear. "How does it work? Do you need to touch them? Maybe I give you something they own? Or, is it just a... a feeling?"

Lydia looked back at the woman, "I told you, I don't know."

The huntress tapped the knife she was using, "Just how close to death do they have to be?" She said in a low tone before she flung the sharp object at the man, impaling him right in the chest.

Their eyes widened, "Why did you do that...?" Lydia questioned.

Aray ignored her question and turned to Nova, "Save him." She demanded, "Let's see if you're not really a monster."

Nova looked at the bleeding out man before she let out the enchantment, "Phastamos Sanguine Infudare Coraa."

"Es magnífico lo que puedes ser." Araya spoke to the girl.

"I know you don't have Derek, so what do you want?" Nova asked her.

"Right now? I want to know about Scott McCall. I want to know what kind of an Alpha he really is."

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚

After Nova finished talking with Araya she and Lydia were separated once more. The brunette was put in the same place the others were, switching her spot outside with Scotts and Kiras inside the dungeon basement-like  place.

"Do you hear them? Can you hear Scott? Can you hear Kira? Lydia? Anybody? What are they saying?" Stiles questioned Malia, needing to know his friends were safe.

Malia looked at him frustratedly, "I... I can't. I can't concentrate. I... There's too many sounds... and voices..."

"Okay. It's okay." Stiles lowered his voice, sounding more calm, "Well, just breathe. Breathe with me, all right? You practiced this with Scott before, remember?"

Malia sighed, "I'm trying..."

"It's okay. It's okay. Just focus on something." Stiles reassured her, "Here, look at my eyes. Very good. Just focus on the sound of my voice. All you have to do is try to concentrate. Concentrate."

Malia leaned in and kissed him, Nova turned away closing her eyes feeling like she was invading a private moment. When she turned back she could see Malia's eyes glowing the steel blue color, meaning she was now focused and could heat.

The lights flickered around them, "They're killing him!" She said hearing the screams and groans from upstairs.

Nova stepped forward, "Have they given any hint as to where Derek is?" She questioned with worry.

Malia continued listening, "Yeah!" She exclaimed, "Kate Argent–"

"What?" Nova and Stiles question at the same time.

"She has Derek."

Stiles shook his head, "That's impossible. It's impossible! That can't be what he said." He denied.

"This can't be happening again." Nova leaned her head against the wall.

The were-coyote looked at them with confusion, "Why? Who-who's Kate?"

"She's a Hunter... An Argent." Stiles answered.

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚

A few moments later the two were released from the room and they were let outside where they met up with their friends. They stood outside waiting for Scott to meet them, still lost with the information they received.

"So, what now?" Stiles questioned as Scott met them.

Scott looked at all his friends, "She thinks she knows where we can find Derek."

"She's gonna tell us where?" Malia asked.

"Uh, actually, she's giving us a guide." As Scott said so, the sound of revving came in causing them to turn their attention.

The mystery person pulled off their helmet revealing themselves. Scott recognized her quickly. "Braeden."

"Who's Braeden?" Malia asked.

"She's a mercenary." Lydia answered.

Braeden nodded towards the group, "Right now, I'm the only one who's gonna take you to La Iglesia."

"The Church?" Nova and Lydia questioned simultaneously.

"What's The Church?"

Braeden shook her head, "It's not a place you'll find God."

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚

The group squished themselves back into Stiles' jeep, they drove with silence until Malia broke the it, "Okay, I'll ask..." Malia leaned forwards between the two front seats, "Who's Kate Argent?"

Kira meekly raised her hand, "Uh, I'd like to know, too..." She said quietly.

"Well, we were at her funeral, so I'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was buried six feet underground." Stiles turned back for a moment.

"She was never in it." Scott stated.

Lydia sighed, turning to look out her window, "She was Allison's aunt... and a total sociopath."

"Worse than that if possible." Nova mumbled from her spot. She fiddled with the ring in her finger trying to find comfort and ease her mind but it wasn't any helpful. She hadn't found any ounce of comfort or ease since the night Derek was taken. Nova's sleepless nights only continued, and even if she happened to get those few hours of sleep in, they were only filled with nightmares. Her worry for Derek and guilt for not doing something, didn't seem to help.

Paying attention to her friends she noticed, Kira picking up on the tension as she retracted her previous statements, "You don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to..."

However Malia was adamant on knowing, "Um, yes, he does!"

Scott agreed, "Yeah, she's right. You guys should know. You need to know."

"All right... Kate was the one who set the fire that killed most of Derek's family." Stiles began to explain.

"Some of them survived, like Cora and Peter..." Nova said.

"A very angry Peter." Lydia added.

Scott continued, "Yeah, he's the one who bit and turned me–"

Lydia interjected, "–And the one who finally caught up to Kate and killed her."

"And we saw her buried."

" No..." Scott said quietly. "We saw a casket, remember? She wasn't in it. The Calaveras heard that Kate had been killed by an Alpha's claws. They wanted to make sure she was really dead. Her body was healing, more and more, as she got closer to the full moon. She was coming back. So, they switched the bodies. If a Hunter is bit, they have to take their own life before they change. The Calaveras... they treat the Code like law. They make it their responsibility to enforce it."

Malia leaned back, "Good for her! I wouldn't do it, either." She shrugged.

"Would you kill a half-dozen people to get out? Because that's what she did."

"So, Kate's a Werewolf now?" Kira questioned.

Scott was unsure, "I don't know. You know, there's a saying...Sometimes, the shape you take reflects the person you are."

"What kind of shape is sociopathic bitch?" Lydia asked.

"Nothing short of a monstrous freak." Nova muttered under her breath.

Before anything could be said the jeep began to jerk as something hit their side. It caused Stiles to lose control for a moment but he was able to regain it.

They all jumped out to see, "What happened?" Braeden hopped off mer bike making her way to them.

Stiles inspected his jeep, "I don't know-- it felt like we hit something."

"Scott, we need to get there by night. It's too dangerous, otherwise." The mercenary told him.

Scott looked between his friends before Nova spoke up, "Go." But the werewolf was reluctant, "Someone needs to find Derek. We'll figure something out. We always do. Go." Scott sighed and followed after Braeden.

He was stopped by Kira for a moment but Braeden was adamant, "Scott, the sun's going down..." She urged.

Malia had been crouched down by the jeep checking for any dents or something when she fond something, "Stiles...?" She pulled out a sharp looking bone, "I don't think we hit something-- I think something hit us."

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚

Nova was inside the car, sitting on the driver's seat, her head was pounding for no other reason than she was stressed. She was exhausted and if she was being honest, she was barely hanging on by a thread.

"Maybe we should just walk..." Lydia suggested.

Stiles picked up his head from where he was looking at the engine, "Hey, I will never abandon this Jeep! You understand me? Ever. Ever. Ever." He told her.

Nova poked her head out the open window, "Stiles would much rather stay alone than leave his jeep." The boy pointed in agreement.

"Work faster, Stiles..." Malia told him, "There's something out here with us."

An hour had passed and Stiles was still no closer to finding out what was wrong with his jeep. Unfortunately night had fallen which made it more difficult for him to see what the problem was.

"Lydia, could you please hold the light still for a second? It's really hard to see anything if you keep shaking it like that..." Stiles said as he was on top of his jeep.  "Nova's doing a fine job."

Lydia looked at him appalled, "I'm shaking it this way because we're in the middle of nowhere with your broken down Jeep, and we're being attacked by yet another razor-clawed monster, and I'm terrified!" Then turned to Nova, "And she's doing fine cause she's holding an artificial light out of her hand."

Stiles sighed, "Well, just be slightly less terrified..." He told her, "Here hold this..." He held out a piece towards Nova.

She looked at the part confused, "What's this?"

"I don't know–" He looked up, meeting her eyes, "I'm hoping it's not important." He shrugged before going back to fix his car.

Nova pouted, sharing a look with Lydia, "We're going to die out here." She muttered.

At the sudden growl from Malia, the three there their heads to see the werecoyote run off into the dark night. Kira quickly went after her and Stiles tried to as well but was stopped by the Banshee.

"You– fix the Jeep." Stiles wanted to run off, "Stiles, focus!"

After a few minutes of rushing Stiles had finally gotten the jeep to work. The two girls climbed inside once they saw the others coming back to them. Stiles started the jeep and they hurried their way towards La Iglesia.

Stiles had a panicked look on his face, "You...You, please don't do that ever again!" He scolded Malia.

She looked at him confused, not knowing what was wrong, "Do what?"

"I... I thought you just took off. I thought you were running."

She nodded, "I was running."

Stiles sighed going on to clarify, "I thought you were leaving."

"I wouldn't leave without you." Malia told him, making Stiles look at her relieved, "I would never leave without you." Then turned back to the three girls, "...Them, I would leave."

"I'll pretend I'm not offended." Nova mumbled.

Stiles looked back at them, "Yeah...Uh, it's progress..."

"That doesn't look good." Lydia noticed the wound on Malia's side.

She shrugged saying she was okay. "Are you sure: It looks deep." Kira said.

"I can feel it healing." Malia assured them

"Did you see anything?" Nova asked.

She shook her head, "Barely... It had a strong scent, though."

"Like what?" The brunette questioned.

"Like death."

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚

Once they had made it at La Iglesia, Stiles parked his jeep by where Braedens Bike was. They all stood back as they watched her and Scott come out from the building, their arms wrapped around another figure holding them up.

At a quick glance you would've thought it was Derek but as they neared the group it gave a different answer.

"Is that him? Is that Derek?"

Stiles tilted his head to the side, "Uh... Sort of..."

Nova's eyes widened as a young version of her boyfriend looked up meeting their eyes, "Derek?"

˛ ˚

Hope you enjoyed! 💫 Comment & Vote

A/n: Someone brought up the idea of seeing a kind of jealous Nova with Braeden, what do you guys think? Or maybe some insecureness about her to add some tension and emotion? Let me know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 17.5K 25
"I've always found you kind of heartless." "What's the point of having a heart if it doesn't even work?" ● ● ● With Derek turning teens left and righ...
28.9K 659 43
A re write of season one of teen wolf Stiles x reader
809 32 9
【Book Two ---- Season Two】 In a world where everything is falling apart in secrecy, Thaís faces the fact that the truth comes out one way or another...
176K 4.1K 94
"You fell in love with the feeling. But you didnt fall in love with me." She was the confident girl, he was the awkward boy. Could it be anymore obv...