The Great War | Billy Hargrove

By accio_nicolette

"I vowed not to fight anymore if we survived the Great War." Isadora Jones was not the biggest fan of Billy... More

Introduction
Playlist
Graphics
Prologue
1 | The Project
2 | The Party
3 | Confrontations
4 | Truth or Dare
5 | Apologies
6 | Warnings
7 | Heartbreaks
8 | Mixed Messages
9 | Second Chances
10 | First Dates
11 | Making Things Official
12 | School Dance
13 | Missing Girl
14 | A New Friend
15 | Making Plans
16 | Girls Night
17 | Fixing Things
18 | A Need to Talk
19 | Truths Revealed
20 | Christmas Party
21 | A Christmas Surprise
22 | Graduation
23 | Pool Party
24 | Summer Jobs
25 | Distractions
26 | Finding Billy
27 | The Sauna
28 | The Search for Answers
29 | Finding the Flayed
30 | Preparing for the Fight
31 | The Battle for Starcourt Mall
32 | Face Off
33 | Hospital Visits
34 | Aquarium Dates
35 | Goodbyes
36 | Pep Rally
37 | Finding Eddie
38 | Eddie's Truth
40 | Saving Max
41 | The Creel House
42 | Finding Watergate
43 | The Upside Down
44 | Vecna's Truth
45 | Battle Plans
46 | Preparations
47 | Luring Vecna
48 | The Piggyback
49 | Aftermath
50 | The Beginning of the End

39 | The Search for Answers

140 3 1
By accio_nicolette

💔💔

NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE.

ISADORA WATCHED AS BEATRIX WALKED OVER TO JOIN THE GROUP.

The group had made their way back to the trailer park after witnessing the horrific scene, with Nancy explaining why she and Kendra had been at the trailer park in the first place. As she sat down beside Billy, Isadora saw flashes of herself facing down the Mind Flayer in the Starcourt Mall and Isadora flinched.

"Is, what's wrong? Are you ok?" Billy asked her.

"Nothing, I'm fine," Isadora quickly said as she sat down. Billy looked at her skeptically but Isadora avoided looking at him as Beatrix nudged Billy.

"Scoot over," she ordered and Billy looked towards his twin sister before shuffling over so Beatrix could sit down beside him, as the group caught Nancy and Beatrix up on everything they knew so far.

"So, you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?" Nancy asked.

"If the shoe fits."

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse. Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know," Dustin said. At the mention of the Mind Flayer, Billy felt Isadora's grip on his hand tighten and he looked towards her, noticing that she wasn't really listening to the conversation, her mind clearly elsewhere. Billy nudged her gently and Isadora looked towards him before looking down at her hands.

"All we know is that this is something different, something new."

"Doesn't make sense."

"It's only a theory."

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy asked.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place. They were both at the game."

"And near the trailer park."

"We're at the trailer park, uh, should we maybe not be here?" Steve asked. Isadora looked towards him before she looked around the trailer park, her grip tightening on Billy's hand as the uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach grew.

"There is something about this place. Fred started acing weird the second we got here and then he took off and that's why I called Kendra to come and help me," Nancy explained.

"Acting weird as in ...?"

"Scared, on edge, upset."

"Max said Chrissy was upset too."

"Yeah, but not here. She was crying in the bathroom at school," Max told the group. As he listened to the conversation, Billy looked towards Isadora, who had been upset and on edge lately and he tensed up as he saw the blonde looking down at her hands.

"Serial killers stalk their pray before they strike, right? So, maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman —"

"Vecna."

"Dunno about you guys, but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone," Steve said.

"Like we mentioned the Demogorgans, DemoDogs and Mind Flayer to people?" Kendra asked him.

"Yeah, like your best friend who you kept it all secret from for two years," Isadora muttered, making Steve look towards her and he quickly realised that despite the fact she had said she forgiven her friends, it was clear that she was still holding on to her anger about them not telling her about her mum's death or the truth surrounding Will's disappearance. Steve sighed to himself, making a mental note to try and talk to Isadora about it later.

"... I don't know how many people are gonna believe someone if they said they saw a freaky wizard monster, Harrington," Billy said.

"Maybe they did. I saw Chrissy leaving Ms Kelley's office. If you saw a monster, you ... you wouldn't go to the police. They'd never believe you, but you might go to your —"

"Your shrink," Ellie finished for Max, who nodded as Isadora realised what Max was saying.

"So, say they did tell Ms Kelley what they saw. How exactly does that help us?" Isadora asked.

"Could we find out what Chrissy and Fred may have told this Ms Kelley?" Billy asked, as the group got up and started making their way towards the car. As they were walking, Nancy started to walk away from the group and Isadora was quick to notice.

"Nance, where are you going?"

"Uh, there's something I wanna check on first."

"Something you maybe wanna share with the rest of us?" Dustin asked her.

"I don't wanna waste your time. It's a real shot in the dark," Nancy told the group.

"Yeah, okay. Are you out of your mind? Flying solo with this Vecna creep on the loose, no, it's too dangerous," Steve said.

"He's right, Nancy. Someone should go with you," Kendra said.

"Why don't we split up?" Isadora suggested.

"Robin, Beatrix and I could go with Nancy, and the rest of you could go and see if you can find out what Ms Kelly knows," Kendra suggested.

"Us ladies will stick together," Robin said, as she grabbed a walkie talkie from Dustin and walked over to where Nancy was standing.

"Guess I'm sticking with you then," Isadora whispered to Billy, who wrapped an arm around her waist and squeezed affectionately.

"Be careful," Steve called to Nancy, Kendra, Robin and Beatrix, as the rest of the group got into the car together. As they got in, Steve looked Dustin and said, "Wipe your feet, on the outside not the inside!"

"Is now a bad time to mention that I didn't wipe my feet before I got into the car?" Billy asked Isadora, who looked over at him before laughing when she saw the look of horror on Steve's face.

"Something tells me that Steve might have heard you say that," Isadora laughed, as Steve turned to look at them.

"You put dirt in my car?" Steve asked Billy. Isadora smiled to herself as they drove away from the trailer park, with Billy and Steve bickering over the fact that Billy had put dirt into Steve's car but as the group were driving away from the trailer park, Isadora felt the same uneasy feeling forming in her stomach again and she gulped as she tried to push the feeling back down. The group drove until they arrived at Ms Kelley's house and when they arrived, Max got out of the car and made her way up the stairs.

"I didn't know Max was seeing Ms Kelley," Billy said.

"I didn't either," Ellie said.

"Why would you know?" Billy narrowed his eyes at the younger brunette.

"Oh, uh, Max and I talked on the phone every day when I was in California, but she never once mentioned to me that she was seeing Ms Kelley," Ellie shrugged. Isadora looked towards Ellie and furrowed her eyebrows together, wondering if there was something going on between Ellie and Max.

"Okay, she's in," Steve said.

"I'm missing collar bones, not eyes," Dustin retorted. Isadora rolled her eyes as Dustin and Steve started bickering with each other before she noticed the look on Billy's face and she squeezed his hand gently.

"You're worried, aren't you?" Isadora asked him quietly.

"If this Vecna creep was targeting people who have been seeing Ms Kelley, what if Max's next?" Billy asked her.

"No, we're not going to let anything happen to Max, and besides, we still don't even know that Vecna is targeting people who have been seeing Ms Kelley. All we have at this point is a theory," Isadora told him before noticing Steve and Dustin still bickering in the front seat and she turned her attention towards them, "Can you two quit your bickering?"

"I'll punch you so hard in your face, your teeth will fall back out," Steve told Dustin.

"Whoa, too far."

"Not cool, sorry."

"Not cool, it's ok," Dustin said. Isadora rolled her eyes at the two of them before a silence fell through the car. Time seemed to be passing by excruciatingly slow and Billy drummed his fingers against the door of the car, making Isadora look towards him.

"Billy ...?"

"She seems to be taking an awfully long time in there, doesn't she?"

"It hasn't really been that long, and we need to find out as much as she can if we want to try and find Vecna, so we can put a stop to him," Isadora told him. Billy nodded and Isadora sighed softly as she looked towards the house, soon seeing Max reappear out of the house and she nudged Billy.

"Here she comes, here she comes," Steve said.

"What'd she say?"

"Nothing, just drive," Max said, as she got into the car.

"What happened, Max?" Ellie asked.

"Nothing?" Steve asked at the exact same time.

"Steve, drive!"

"Okay," Steve said before he started driving. Once the group were safely away from Ms Kelley's house, Max held up a key that she had taken from Ms Kelley's house and Isadora stared at her as Max started telling the group her plan.

"Are you sure about this?" Ellie asked and Max nodded as Isadora frowned.

"Wait a second, let me get this straight, you're suggesting that we should break into the school ...?" Isadora asked.

"Ms Kelley wouldn't tell me anything, but I am sure the answer has to be in her files. We break into the school, go into her office and read the files," Max said.

"And go to prison for breaking and entering ... Dustin, is that your walkie talkie?" Isadora asked, as the sound of something buzzing filled the car.

"Dustin, it's Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin?"

"Lucas, where the hell have you been?"

"Just listen, are you guys looking for Eddie?"

"Yeah, and we found him, no thanks to you."

"You found him?"

"He's at a boathouse on Coal Mill Road. Don't worry, he's safe," Dustin said. Isadora and Billy looked at each other as Dustin revealed Eddie's location. Isadora knew that Lucas was friends with Max, Ellie and Dustin, but right now, Isadora wasn't sure if Lucas was even on their side or not.

"You guys know he killed Chrissy, right?"

"That's bullshit. Eddie tried to save Chrissy."

"Then why do all the cops say he did it?" Lucas asked. At that moment, Max reached forward and grabbed the walkie talkie from Dustin.

"Lucas, you're so behind it's ridiculous, okay? Just meet us at school, we'll explain later," Max told him.

"I — I can't. I think some real bad shit's about to go down."

"What are you talking about? What bad shit?" Max asked. There was only static coming through the radio and Isadora frowned as she looked towards the walkie talkie and Max kept trying, "Lucas? Lucas?"

"Are you sure we can even trust Lucas? I mean, you just gave away Eddie's hiding spot to him when he believes Eddie killed Chrissy. What if he tells someone?" Billy asked.

"Lucas wouldn't do that," Ellie defended him and Isadora sighed softly as she looked the two younger girls.

"Look, I know that Lucas is your friend but how do you know he's not going to tell anyone where Eddie's hiding?" Isadora asked them.

"I guess we're just going to have to trust him not to tell," Dustin said. Billy and Isadora looked at each other, and Isadora shrugged. She wanted to believe that they could trust Lucas, but there was something inside of her telling her that they had just led people to Eddie's hiding place and she knew if they had, it wasn't going to be good for Eddie. The group soon arrived at the school and all of them grabbed flashlights before they started walking towards the school.

"You know, we could be doing anything else right now, but what are we doing? Breaking into our high school so we can chase down a potential serial killer. I am telling you we are living in some kind of horror movie," Isadora grumbled and Billy chuckled as he handed her a flashlight.

"I have to start watching the horror movies you apparently watch because this hasn't happened in a single one of the movies I've watched, and it could be worse, Love, besides, you loved school so I would have thought you'd be happy to be back here," Billy joked. Isadora rolled her eyes and gently whacked his shoulder with her flashlight and Billy rubbed his arm as he looked towards the blonde, "Ow."

"Oh, come on, William, I barely even touched you with the flashlight and I'm sure there's at least one horror movie that takes place at a high school," Isadora retorted.

"Uh, Issi's got a point. There are quite a few horror movies that take place at high school," Ellie said.

"See? I knew there had to be at least one horror movie set in a high school. And just because I loved high school, it does not mean that I want to be breaking into the school during spring break, especially since we already graduated and I definitely don't want to be here at night. Come on, let's just get this over with," Isadora sighed.

"What horror movie has taken place at a high school?" Billy asked.

"What about Carrie?" Isadora asked.

"You've watched Carrie?" Billy asked, as he stared at his girlfriend, who smiled and nodded, and Billy folded his arms across his chest, "When did you watch Carrie? You never watch horror movies, Isadora."

"Um, Ellie, Max, Beatrix, Kendra and I had a movie night and they kinda tricked me into watching it," Isadora explained, as the group walked.

"Yeah, that's true. We did trick her into watching it with us," Ellie said.

"How?" Billy asked.

"John Travolta is in the movie. That was the only information we gave to Isadora," Ellie said, and Billy smirked as he looked towards his girlfriend, who nodded as they walked.

"They used John Travolta against me. If you ask me, it was a little unfair," Isadora said. Ellie held her hands up in mock surrender and grinned.

"And yet, you sat through the entire movie."

"That's because I wanted to see John Travolta," Isadora said, making Ellie and Billy look at each other before bursting into laughter, right before Dustin shushed them as Robin's voice came across the walkie talkie.

"Dustin, do you copy?"

"Yeah, I copy."

"So, Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bullseye," Robin told the group.

"Okay, that's really bonkers, but I can't really talk right now."

"Wait, what are you doing?"

"Breaking and entering into the school to retrieve some confidential and extremely personal files."

"Excuse me, can you please repeat that?" Isadora heard Kendra ask.

"Just get your asses over here, stat. We'll explain everything," Dustin told Robin, as the group walked in the direction of what Isadora assumed was Ms Kelley's office. As they walked into the office, Max made her way towards the filing cabinet and Isadora watched as Max opened the drawer, pulled a file out and started flipping through it.

"Holy shit."

"You found it?" Billy asked her.

"Yeah, and not just Chrissy's file. Fred was seeing Ms Kelley too," Max said, as she pulled some files out of the cabinet and carried them over to the desk. As the group gathered around Max, she started reading the information in the files and Isadora glanced over her shoulder as Max asked, "Can I see Fred's file?"

"Yeah."

"Are you okay, Maxie?" Ellie asked, as Isadora handed Max the file on Fred. Max nodded as she opened Fred's file and as they were reading, Isadora saw the words headache, nose bleeds and constant nightmares scribbled on the paper and she stumbled backwards. Billy looked towards Isadora as she stumbled and frowned, wondering what had just happened before noticing that Max seemed to be in some kind of trance.

"Max! Max! Talk to me, Max! Tell me what's going on," Billy said, as he crouched down beside Max and tried to get her attention.

"They all experienced the same symptoms over the last few days," Isadora said, as she read the paper while Billy and Ellie attempted to get Max's attention, but her focus remained on the words written on the paper and as Isadora came to the horrifying realisation that she had been experiencing the same symptoms and she gulped.

"What's wrong with her?" Billy asked. Isadora looked towards Max, who was clearly stuck in some kind of trance before she suddenly snapped out of it and as she did, the door opened and Nancy, Robin, Kendra and Beatrix all walked into the room and as they did, Isadora looked towards them before looking towards Max.

"What happened?" Isadora asked Max, who looked towards her before walking out of the room and the group followed her before they found Max staring at a wall and she told the group what she had just seen.

"It was here, right here."

"A grandfather clock?"

"It was so real, and then, when I got closer, suddenly I just ... I woke up."

"It was like she was in a trance or something, exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy," Dustin said.

"That's not even the bad part," Max said, as she turned and led the group back to Ms Kelley's office, so she could explain, "Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms Kelley's for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then ... then the nightmares started, trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat, and then they started seeing things, bad things from their past, and these visions, they just ... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually ... everything ended."

"Vecna's curse," Kendra said. Isadora looked down at her hands as she realised she had been having the bad headaches that she couldn't get rid of, and she had been also having the constant nightmares, especially of what had happened on the Fourth of July 1985, not that anyone know about either of those things and the horrifying realisation hit her; Isadora Jones was cursed by Vecna.

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago, Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days," Max said.

"Why didn't you tell me, Max?" Ellie asked.

"I don't know how long I have. All I know is that for Chrissy and Fred, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision, and I just saw that goddamn clock, so ... looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow," Max said. Suddenly, there was a loud clanging noise and Isadora jumped as she turned to look at where the noise had come from.

"Stay here," Steve told the group, as he grabbed a lamp and left the room.

"Yeah, because that lamp is going to do so much," Billy rolled his eyes, as the group made their way out of the room and followed Steve, walking in the direction of where the noise had come from as someone came sprinting around the corner.

"It's me!" Lucas cried, as Steve screamed.

"Lucas?"

"Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?"

"I'm sorry."

"I could've taken you out with the lamp!" Steve yelled.

"Yeah, maybe if he wasn't so busy screaming like a girl, he might've taken Lucas out with the lamp," Billy whispered to Isadora, who choked back her laughter.

"Sorry, guys, sorry. I was ... I was biking for eight miles. Give me one second. Shit, we've got a code red."

"What?"

"Dustin, I've been with Jason, Patrick and Andy, and they've gone totally off the trails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger," Lucas told Dustin.

"All right, yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason right now," Dustin told Lucas. Isadora looked towards Max and sighed softly as she realised that the group needed to find a way to save Max from Vecna's curse. Isadora also couldn't help wondering if it was just a coincidence that she was having the same symptoms as Max, Chrissy and Fred, but right now her focus was on finding a way to save Max from Vecna's curse.

💔💔

Back with an update!

Enjoy! Xo

💔💔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211 6 9
(Season 2) Things have only gotten stranger in Hawkins since the Demogorgon. And now there's newcomers to the town. When Bill Hargrove and his stepsi...
9.3K 216 25
being the new girl in town isnt always easy, your either the popular one or the weirdo. But why can't you be both? Well when y/n dash moves to town w...
63.2K 1K 20
After a drunken one night stand with Hawkins 'it' boy Steve Harrington, the new girl Claire Hargrove ends up falling pregnant. In a town full monste...
1.1M 24.3K 67
"I got so many issues. Do you know that?" "You're just as troubled as me" In that moment I realized he and I were exactly alike. --- Billy Hargrov...