Dream

By Minnsta

"Oh, no." He sighed, cupping my tear stained face in his hands, "No, no. Don't cry." I was unable to tear my... More

Midnight Club
First Encounter
We Meet Again
Night Out (1)
Night Out (2)
Night Out (3)
My Capture
Trapped
Comfortability
Beginning of Fear
Realization
Paralyzed
The Very Beginning
In the Eyes of Kieran
Impulsiveness
I Can Be Bold Too
Search and No Rescue
Weak
Kieran's Fate
Panic
Conflict
Uninvited Guests
Baby Steps
A Flash of Hope
A Change of Scenery
Mistakes
Growth
Passion
Nothing Lasts for Forever
The Bathroom (1)
The Bathroom (2)
Family Reunion
Drifting
Is It Forgiveness?
A New Kind of Light
Melancholy
Warning
Blind Insight
The Main Event (Kieran)
The Main Event (Suriah)
Freed From the Devil
A Delusional Dream
Note
Extra Two

Extra One

2.9K 60 9
By Minnsta

A/N : After a fair amount of request for additional chapters on Dream and much thought/brainstorming- I did it. I decided to write Dream past the original ending; for those who requested it especially. It took me a while at first, but I have two extras I plan on publishing. Though, these extras will be out and cannon, I personally stop at the last chapter of the main storyline. Nonetheless , I hope you'll all enjoy these just as much as the main plot!
-Minnsta

***

I winced at the sting from the disinfectant soaked cotton swab, instinctively jerking my head away. Goddamn. I grimaced at the cotton swab, internally flinching at the pain it would give me. My eyes shifted from the swab and peeked through my eyebrows, pitfully meeting Kieran's eyes. My lips pouted even more.

    "Oh come on," Kieran leaned forward on the coffee table in front of the chair I sat in. His reaching hand stopped by the abrupt smack I gave, "The quicker we get this over with, the less you'll have to endure it,".

    I groaned and slouched my shoulders, "I know. I know,".

    "Good," Kieran humbled. He continued to sting the cuts on my face as he cleaned them, leaving a numbing feeling through my face from all the cleaning.

    "Then again," he started, reaching for a new swab, "I wouldn't have to be doing this had you not left without telling me,".

    I lowered my gaze and stared into my lap, "I'm sorry,".

    Kieran paused for a second before wiping my face, "But I also shouldn't have reacted this way. I'm sorry too,".

    I furrowed my eyebrows. He's don't nothing wrong. If there's anything I despise, it's seeing Kieran upset or troubled. I scooted forward and brushed falling strands of hair from his eyes, looking deep into his hazel eyes that warmed the butterflies in my stomach.

    "You don't have anything to be sorry for," I told him, "I should've told you I was leaving, but...I wanted it to be a surprise,".

    Kieran collected the aid kit and blood stained cotton swabs as he stood up and made his way to the bathroom, flashing a grin on his face. "A surprise?".

    "Yeah! For our anniversary!" I exclaimed, slouching in the chair, unable to hold my smile back.

    He reappeared from the bathroom and adjusted the sleeves of his dress shirt on his way back to me. Kieran wiggled his eyebrows and leaned down, trapping me within the chair with his arms. I cocked my head at his capturing gaze.

    "Oh yeah?" He breathed. Instantly, the butterflies in my stomach fluttered.

    I chewed the inside of my lip, pushed myself out of my slouch and sat my arms on his wide shoulders. His hands slid up my arms and guided them around his neck with those charming eyes staying locked with my own. Then his hands made their way down my back, settling on my waist. He's such a tease.

    "Of course. After being together for two years, you deserve something nice, no?" I smiled.

    Kieran's grin grew with each word coming out of my mouth and soon enough, that stunning smile overcame his face. I found my heart beating quicker and quicker at his charm only I would ever see this way. This side of him was mine.

    I leaned closer to him, matching his teasing and connecting our foreheads, "Am I forgiven?".

    "Of course," He answered, pulling away and placing his cherry flavored lips I dreamt of every night on my own, "As long as I'm not put in a position to do this again,". Kieran traced over the fresh bruises.

    "Promise," I smiled, rolling my bottom lip in my teeth.

    He snatched my chin and used his free hand to unwrap my arms, "Lip,". He reminded sternly, "You know it bugs me,".

    "Sorry, sorry," I backed off.

    "Now, go get ready,". He lifted me off the chair and set me back on my feet, directing me to the door.

    I walked away and entered the bathroom, shutting the door behind me and leaning against it like I just had my first kiss. He made everyday surreal and filled my stomach with butterflies. It only made me grow on him more and more.
    Kieran made the decision to move to a new penthouse close to almost a year ago. It was a ways distance from the other one, though, it made no difference. Where he went, so did I. Similar to the old place, it was modernly decorated in hues of dark brown and blue. In addition with the vibrant purple I added. The colors paired beautifully, just as we did. What was most different about the new penthouse, was the sensation of home.

    It was open and unrestricted. I freely went as I pleased with Kieran. Other than the days he worked more than usual. Knowing he was dreaming of coming back home had me grow impatient when I waited for him to come back, day after day - because he was home. And I was his. There wasn't anyone else I'd spend time watching movies with, or drinking tea with. Cooking, watching sunrises and sunsets, going on walks, holding him - being with. Kieran was the only one who could warm my soul in such fullness. Through my eyes, he was the one who shined brightest.

    I washed away the butterflies as much as I could in order to help me calm down. I took my time and went black skirt and tights. A dark brown sweater atop a white shirt, gold earring and necklace. After brushing my hair, I searched the drawers, picking up my favorite clear clip I'd lost ages ago when I was goofing around after work. For a while, I thought I'd never see it again and that honestly made me disappointed. But Kieran cleared all my upsetness, having kept it safe for me all along.

    Finishing collecting my hair with the hair clip and makeup, I left the bathroom going straight to the closet. I put on the leather platform boots that hugged my calves and approached Kieran while I strapped on a purse. His eyes followed my every move, not helping the growing butterflies in my gut.

    "Ready?" He asked, tapping the side of my thigh with his hand.

    "Mhm," I hummed an answer.

    Kieran stood from the chair, placing a hand on my back and leading me out of the bedroom, down the hall and stairs. He grabbed his jacket and soon enough we walked through the extravagant lobby. The car was ready for us when we walked out the entrance, as always. Kieran opened the door for me and I got in. He got in after and locked our hands together as he drove away.

    The city was covered in the leftover snow from the week. Though the sky was bright blue and the sun beamed, the air was still cool. It was that time of year where nights and mornings were ice cold and afternoons were warm. Unpredictable weather, talk about the perks of entering spring.

    "Where are we going?" I asked, turning my head from the window to Kieran.

    "To do a little shopping,".

    "For what?".

    "For you," He smiled, "Consider it my anniversary gift,".

    I rolled my eyes and rubbed my thumb over the top of his hand. How could anyone not like Kieran? He's the dream every woman wanted and I was the lucky one to snatch him up.

    We drove around for some time and after a while we entered an untouched shopping center. Store after store lined up, reading titles of brands costing a leg and half an arm. Kieran parked in the valet section, opening my door instead of the valet. I took his hand and stood close to him, walking past the many people eating us up like eye candy.

    "Pick out whatever you want, my love," Kieran snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, placing a kiss on top of my head.

    "Oh? What if I want the whole store?" I joked.

    "Then you'll get it," He grinned, guiding us into the very Burbery itself.

    The instant we entered the designer store, a woker greeted us not before double taking a look at me, my face and Kieran. Nosy... They showed us around the store, keeping hold of all the items we selected and piecing items together. They waited outside the dressing rooms, handing me piece after piece until we were ready to check out and that's how it went. Each store we went to, Kieran accompanied me and sometimes suggested a few things he thought would look good on me, and I got every one of those. I'd be assisted with clothes, shoes and bags. Jewelry even. Once I would finish, Kieran would flash his black matte card like nothing and we'd leave the store with two more bags.
    Soon enough, our arms were full.

    "It was a pleasure to have you visit us again, Mr.Knight," The woman waved as we walked out of the store.

    The sky was painted dark blue with stars faintly emerging in the night. The marble flooring and lines of stores were lit warmly by shining post lamps. I hugged Kieran's arm as we walked by the stores and into the building we parked in front of earlier. Kieran dropped the bags off to the valet on our way inside the ballroom designed building with four floors. He dropped his hand to my back as we walked up the stairs and into the entrance.

    A hostess smiled at us, eyes traveling over my face then focusing on Kieran, "How many?".

    "Two," Kieran answered whilst digging in his pocket. He handed the woman a glistening gold card and the hostess shifted her attitude within seconds.

    "A pleasure having you, Mr.Knight," She nodded her head at Keiran, "Will the top floor be to your taste this evening?".

    "That'll be great," Kieran replied, clasping my hand with his as the hostess showed us to the very top floor.

    Covered in authentic vines sprawled on the ceilings, warm lights illuminating the outdoor dining area and its brick walling. My eyes wandered the gorgeous view of the city laid out for everyone to see, I didn't even pay attention when I sat down nor the stares of several people. This is a restaurant?!

    "You like it?" Kieran asked, bringing me back.

    I nodded my head, "It's so pretty. I've never been to a place like this,".

    "We can come again when you'd like," he commented.

    "Really?" I raised my brows. Kieran nodded his head and rested an elbow on the table.

    I rolled my eyes in order to hide the blush creeping on my face as fast as my smile.

    "Good evening. I hope you two had a great day," A waiter approached us, "For starters, is there any request for drinks? Wine? Or perhaps something stronger?".

    "We'll get a bottle of Sherry," Kieran said.

    "Perfect. And as for the course, our chef had offered to prepare a special for the night. Would you be interested?" The waiter asked.

    "That's fine,".

    "Alright, I'll be back with that shorty,".

    The waiter walked away and as casual as can be, Kieran relaxed in his chair admiring the glowing city lights. As if all of that didn't cost months of rent. I guess that's something I had to get used to, Kieran's highly lived up life. Prestigious and lavish. There were times I'd gotten used to it for a while, but I don't think I could grow used to his way of living. Not that I was complaining, it was amazing with him. Like I said, he made everyday surreal.

    I narrowed my eyes on him. He turned back to me and cocked his head at me. His irresistible hazel eyes met mine. The only pair of eyes I'd want on me.

    "You're so popular," I chuckled, leaning forward.

    "Not by choice," He emphasized.

    I exhaled, "It must be stressful having all eyes on you all of the time,".

    He scrunched his face together as he laughed to himself, "I could care less how many people stare at me, let alone how they look at me,".

    "Is that so?".

"I care much more how you look at me with your eyes," Kieran expressed.

In his eyes, a flash of crave devoured the natural hazel color. Shortly shifting to almost black and there was no way I could not smile at the way he took me in. It was the stare that always lured my back to him. Knowing he watched me with such eyes brought my heart to cries of ecstasy. Those eyes would only capture me like that.
I turned my head away. I'm getting butterflies again.

I raised my head and rested my chin on my palm, "So, why did we actually go shopping today? And don't say it was for our anniversary otherwise you would have let me get you something,".

Kieran raised his hands in retreat, "What if I wanted to genuinely treat you on a day out?".

An amused brow rose, "Uh huh. You do that everyday!".

"A simple present is not a treat, it's a courtesy," He defended.

"Only you would say that," I laughed.

The waiter came back, silently setting the wine bottle in the ice bowl on the table; two wine glasses included. They hurried off. Kieran wasted no time, pouring the liquid into the glasses.

"Oh wow, this really is a treat," I wowed as I picked my glass up and sipped on the wine. I never get to drink on dinners out.

"Pipe down," Kieran grinned. He swished the liquid around, "But with all honesty on the table, I wanted to take you shopping. Spoil you if I must,".

"Because you wanted to?".

"That," He took a sip of the wine, "And we have a special dinner tomorrow,".

Special dinner? My eyes closed in at him, confused with the subtle hinting he was giving. For the most part, Kieran never dined out with other people if I was with him, so to hear him say that sent an discomforting wave in my stomach.

"With who?" I asked.

"My family,".

"Your family?" I sharply exhaled.

He let out a deep sigh, "I gave it a second thought at first. Thinking, maybe I'd skip it and save me the trouble, but I imagined we could have a good time,".

My mind drifted back to the night I met his mother. That woman was blunt and honestly rude, she called me a street rat for crying out loud and to sit at the same table as her? It made me nervous just thinking about it. Who knows what other snarky remarks she has up her sleeve. Most importantly, I'd hate to see Kieran upset. My eyes locked with his. If he trusts the idea, I trust it too.

I took his hand in mine, "We'll have a good time," I smiled.

"I have a feeling you'll like my sister," He pointed out.

"You have a sister?".

Kieran nodded his head, sipping his drink. Wow, you learn something new everyday. I smiled to myself and straightened my posture.

"I'm kind of excited," I told him, "Maybe nervous, actually,".

"It will be fine," He comforted.

Kieran wasn't very...open on the topic of his family. Sure, we've talked about it a couple of times, but he shuts it down after a few exchanged words. I know he's had a rough childhood, from an abusive father and a witch for a mother, I knew nothing about the details. Sometimes I believed he kept it locked away so he wouldn't have to relive the memories. I'd do anything to remove them and ease the pain, even if it meant simple things like holding him in my arms. Kieran had guts for agreeing to have dinner with them, it was a strong step forward.

"If you want to leave early on, we can," I told him with genuine eyes, "We don't have to stay long,".

He shut his eyes, "Thank you,".

I huffed out, "No wonder you took me out. Not from the kindness of your heart," I pouted jokingly.

"I can return everything if you'd like," He snickered.

    "You wouldn't," I challenged.

    He shrugged his shoulders, "You're right. I'd probably get you more if anything,".

    I laughed, "You spoiled brat!".

    Kieran leaned forward, the lights enhancing the charm in his eyes, "I can show you how it feels to be spoiled,".

    My smile thinned into a line, my eyes widened at his mischievous choice of words. A second later, heat traveled up my face and sent my cheeks burning red. I snapped my head away and covered my cherry red face with my hair. In public?! Kieran is such an ass! He does this all the time and has no shame in slipping dirty comments into my ear. Leaving me red. So embarrassing.

    His deep laugh tickled my ear, "Look at me,".

    I shook my head.

    "C'mon," Kieran's hand reached over and slowly faced me to him, "Look at me,".

    His hazed eyes swallowed me whole, only making my body heat up even more. He removed his hand and tilted his head to the side as if he were unable to tear his eyes from me.

    "I like it when you're flustered,".

    "Back off!" I snapped in a half laugh.

    Kieran flashed a grin and leaned back in his chair just in time for the food to arrive. I took a deep breath of the dreamy scent of freshly made food. It smells so good. Hell if I waited, I dug into the food in no time.

    We enjoyed our food with glasses of savory wine. After we finished, we sat and talked for a little longer; enjoying the night together. I wouldn't have a clue what to do if it weren't for Kieran, he knew all of the small details to a luxurious life. Which wine with what and which stores to get what. I was initially blind without Kieran, in my head and out.
    Hand in hand, we left the four floored restaurant - all eyes on us. I comfortably got in the car and sat relaxed on the drive home, almost forgetting about all of the shopping we did when I saw the bags in the back of the car. The sleepiness had grown on me once I melted into the passenger seat. Luckily, we got back home in time before I fell asleep.

    Kieran had a valet deliver the bags upstairs, leaving us with no struggle. I hugged his arms drowsily as we made our way up. The second we got inside I plopped down on the couch.

    "Let's go," Kieran tapped the side of my foot, "You can make it upstairs,".

    He pulled my arm up and I pushed myself off the couch, "I'm so tired, out of nowhere,".

    "You went out more than usual today, it's normal to feel tired," He commented.

    I pushed the bedroom open and went straight for the closet, grabbing a pair of pajamas and going for the bathroom next. I glanced at Kieran removing his dress shirt, flashing his toned back as I entered the bathroom and shit, I was awake now. I washed my face and brushed my hair, then replaced my clothes with the classic oversized white shirt and black shorts. His white shirt.

    The room was dimmed to a low setting. The cloud bed glowed from underneath, adding a hint of light. I stepped quietly around the room, going back to put my clothes away and tiptoeing to the bed. Kieran was laid out on his stomach, torso bare - only wearing black sweats. I crawled onto the bed soundlessly and sat on my feet. I lowered my head to better admire at him.

    Kieran's eyes rested shut, revealing his long lashes. I brushed the messy strands of hair covering half of his face, letting my hand linger on his cheek. He's got the face of an angel when he's asleep. My hand rubbed down his smooth back, caressing his muscles. I'm so lucky.
    I leaned down and pressed tiny pecks along his face and shoulders.

    I stopped by his ear, subconsciously smiling, "Sleep well, my love,".

    Without making lots of noise, I slid down and slipped into Kieran's arms. He naturally hugged my body, getting me closer to his knee-weakening scent. It was heaven and got me to sleep every night. I snuggled into his chest, his body rising with each breath and his heart beating like white noise.
    These were the arms I wanted to be wrapped in, Kieran's and Kieran's only. I'd die if I didn't have Kieran beside me. What would I do? Who would care about me? Make me laugh and open my eyes to the beautiful world he's shown me? Kieran, that's who. For fucks sake, I need him. Not one other person could fill the hole in my heart I've experienced without him.

    Kieran was and will always be, my other half.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 74.8K 89
*THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE HEAVILY EDITED* TAKEN SERIES: BOOK ONE TW: kidnapping, manipulation, toxic/abusive relationship, violence, death, grief, self...
221K 403 9
Games can be fun, but some games end rather badly. What happens when a young girl plays a game that catches the attention of someone that's not only...
317K 7.4K 50
BOOK 1 OF THE BIG BAD WOLF SERIES: "R-Roman, stop," He lingers on each kiss, teasing me with his tongue. Sparks erupt. "You make me so damn angry...
1.6K 80 11
HANNAH I've spent my entire twenty-one years on this earth in the background. Walked over by friends. Family. Strangers. And I didn't see a problem w...