POMEGRANATE, addams

By madebyrach

Mother, let me tell you a secret Your flowers always died in my hands And I hated being the goddess of spri... More

𝖕𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖊
𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝖆𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖘
𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙
𝖘𝖞𝖓𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖘
𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖍𝖆𝖘
𝖎. 𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘
𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖘, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘
𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖆 𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖘
𝖎𝖛. 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖓 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖍
𝖛. 𝖙𝖔𝖎𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊
𝖛𝖎. 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖊, 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘
𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖕𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖎𝖙, 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐
𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖎𝖘
𝖎𝖝. 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖇𝖔𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖝. 𝖉𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊
𝖝𝖎. 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖔𝖓 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖛. 𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖉𝖔𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖙 𝖒𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞
𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘
𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝖉𝖊𝖓
𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖞
𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊
𝖝𝖝. 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖎. 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖓 𝖚𝖕, 𝖇𝖚𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖈𝖚𝖕
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖊𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖛. 𝖆𝖖𝖚𝖆 𝖙𝖔𝖋𝖆𝖓𝖆
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖇𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖎𝖝 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝. 𝖎𝖓𝖋𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎. 𝖘𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖕𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖆 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛. 𝖋𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖞𝖉𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖜𝖔 𝖇𝖎𝖗𝖉𝖘, 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖓𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖒𝖆𝖓'𝖘 𝖜𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖔𝖓
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖌𝖊𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘
𝖝𝖑. 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘
𝖝𝖑𝖎. 𝖗𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖑 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖆 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖛. 𝖓𝖔 𝖇𝖔𝖉𝖞, 𝖓𝖔 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖛. 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘 𝖆 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖔𝖗
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊𝖗, 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖆𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖝. 𝖆 𝖒𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖞
𝖑. 𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖉𝖔 𝖚𝖘 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖑𝖎. 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊
𝖑𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆 𝖘𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖆
𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖎 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖗, 𝖒𝖎 𝖛𝖎𝖉𝖆
𝖑𝖎𝖛. 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖘𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖘𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜
𝖑𝖛. 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖍𝖔𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖍
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖈

𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖞

13.6K 598 31
By madebyrach

"Fester? Fester, help!" Wednesday burst through the door to Fester's temporary accommodation, cradling Thing in a cloth that was now soaked with blood. "Help! Help! Thing's not moving. He was stabbed!" Hades wasn't too far behind his sister, Persephone nestled in his arms. He knew that Thing needed to be seen immediately and that unfortunately meant that he would have to wait to help Persephone.

"Get him on the table!" Fester orders, rousing quickly from his sleep. Wednesday knocks everything off the surface and places Thing down gently as Fester stumbles to his feet. He sends a quick glance at Hades, whose face looks utterly distraught as he holds the girls close to his chest. As soon as Fester is up, Hades lays Persephone on his makeshift bed, cupping her head gently to protect it as he lowers her down. He brushes her hair away from her forehead and leaves a loving kiss on her hairline. It physically pains him to leave her like this, but he has no choice.

"Wait for me." He chokes out the words painfully. "I need you to wait for me, love." The desperate plea is whispered in her ear before he joins his uncle and sister at the table. Fester rubs his hands together like a defiberilator as tears stream down Wednesday's face. Electricity sparks from Fester's hands as he continues to build up friction. He places his fingers on either side of Thing's wound and sends a shock of electricity into him. Wednesday's bottom lip quivers fearfully as she watches with wide eyes. Hades places a comforting hand on her shoulder which she grips onto, thankful to have her brother there with her.

Another shock pulses into Thing but still results in no movement. "Oh, come on, Thing." Fester pleads desperately, trying again to revive the family friend. Hades can tell how hard Wednesday is fighting back her tears, eyes and mouth screwing up to combat her despair. Fester sighs in defeat, "He's gone, Wednesday."

Wednesda grits her teeth in anger and determination. "No, he's not." She protests, sliding the cloth closer to her. "Thing. If you can hear me..." She breathes in shakily, voice cracking with emotion. "If you die, I will kill you. Go again." She demands, pushing Thing back towards Fester who seems to be hesitating. Wednesday slams her hand on the table, shouting, "Now! Again, please!"

Fester obeys her orders and tries a few more times. Just when all hope seems lost, a twitch of his fingers indicates a sign of life. Thing wiggles his fingers as Wednesday releases shuddering gasps. Hades laughs in disbelief, running a hand through his hair. Hope began to swirl in his mind as he looked to Persephone's still lifeless body. He wasn't going to give up on her.

"For a minute, we thought you'd picked your last lock, buddy." Fester exclaims happily as Thing weakly moves about.

"Who did this to you?" Hades seethes, knowing it was the same culprit who had forced poison down Persephone's throat.

Wednesday shakes her head as Thing answers. "Knife from behind the back. Cowards. I promise that whoever did this to you will suffer. And it will be slow, long, and excruciatingly painful." Thing lifts his pinky for Wednesday to interlock with hers as they seal their promise. Now it was onto their next casualty. "What's the plan for Persephone? We don't know what poison was used."

Hades kneels next to the girl once more, gazing at her peaceful state. "We have to talk to someone who's an expert in poisons." He explains, pulling Persephone's phone out of his pocket. He has never been more glad that Persephone had taught him how to use it, as he is able to access her contacts and click on the name he needs.

"Persephone, a woman needs her beauty sleep." A stern, tired voice answers the call after many agonising rings.

Hades stutters through his words. "M-Mrs Ambrose? It's Hades Addams." His voice is wavering with panic and fear, emotions he only ever seems to feel when the situation involves Persephone.

There's a moment of silence on the other line before a teasing voice is heard. "Hades, is it? I've been hearing all about you. Why are you calling me from my daughter's phone at this late hour?"

"Persephone's been poisoned." That removes all humour from the conversation as Belladonna realises the seriousness of the conversation.

"Tell me everything." She demands, instantly slipping into her professional mode.

"She's not breathing. She has no pulse. Her skin is cold. Her lips are purple, I think it looks to be nightshade poisoning of some sort." Hades rambles, listing all the symptoms he can while trying to keep his voice as steady as possible.

"Someone has been reading my book." Belladonna mutters angrily, recognising the poison immediately. "It's Sleeping Nightshade. She is still alive." Relief floods Hades as she says those words. She's alive. There's still hope. "The poison puts the victim into a deep sleep that imitates all the symptoms of death. It is like hibernation."

"How do I wake her up?" Hades asks desperately, ready to do anything to save the girl.

"True love's kiss." Belladonna announces, making Hades' face drop in shock.

"What?" He asks incredulously. He was willing to do it if that's what it took but he'd rather not kiss her while she's unconscious. There was just something creepy about all those fairytales with princes kissing comatose women.

Belladonna's gentle chuckles snapped him out of his mini-panic. "I'm just teasing you." It was easy for Hades to see where Persephone got her wit and humour. "How dark are her lips?"

Hades hovers over her, eyes tracing her serene appearance before settling on her lips, frozen in lifelessness. He misses her smile that she so often wears around him, the one that lights up her whole face and makes his entire world disappear. He misses her disapproving frown, the one she sends him when he makes a particularly terrible joke (but the quirk of her lips lets him know that she's holding back a laugh). He misses her glare, the one that burned with a hidden fury and seemed to match perfectly with his own glower. Now she is only a shell of the person he knows her to be. He needs her back

"Lilac." Hades responds simply, focused on the light purple shade of her lips. Persephone was the one who brought colour and vibrancy into his black-and-white life. She had shared her passion for flowers with him and now he could only see a colourful world through her eyes. "They're the colour of lilacs." Persephone had taught him the meaning behind as many flowers as she could remember and Hades clung to every word she said. Light purple lilacs are a symbol of first love. A fitting connotation for the woman who has planted seeds of love in his hearts for the very first time.

"That's good. The poison was only mild." Belladonna breathes out in relief. "If her lips were a dark purple, we might've been in a bit more trouble. She will wake up on her own soon."

"How soon?" Hades asks too quickly, his desperation obvious to everyone around him.

"It could be a few minutes or a few hours. It all depends on when she was poisoned and how much she was given." Hades' shoulders sink in despair and his heart drops. Wednesday decides to give her brother the same comfort he offered her by placing her hand on his shoulder. "Do not lose hope, dear boy. She will awaken soon."

"Thank you for your help." Hades states politely. Belladonna bids the boy a good night and asks for updates on her daughter's condition.

She made the boy promise her one thing before she hung up, "Kill the son of a bitch who dared to poison my daughter."

He replied back just as fiercely. "Don't worry. I will." Then he was left to wait, never straying from her side and keeping his fingers intertwined with hers. She looked so hauntingly ethereal. As if she was plucked out of a renaissance painting. Or a character from a fairytale book.

Like Juliet on her deathbed.

Like Sleeping Beauty dreaming for eternity.

Wednesday was on edge, pacing back and forth in the cramped hut. She felt terrible for how she had treated Persephone before she left for the date. Guilt and regret was gnawing away at her brain. If she hadn't gone on the date, if she had stayed behind, maybe this wouldn't have happened. She vowed to never take Persephone for granted again.

Even Fester was worried for the girl, despite only knowing her for a short period of time. He could see the connection between Hades and Persephone, as many people could. He could even see the friendship that she had built up with Wednesday, a notoriously difficult person to get along with. Anyone who managed to break down the high walls built around Hades and Wednesday's hearts didn't deserve this fate.

Eventually, Hades felt a weak squeeze around his hand, making his head shoot up to look at Persephone. Her eyes weren't open yet, but she was beginning to stir as her eyebrows scrunch together and her fingers twitch. "Persephone?" Hades whispers hopefully, his face lighting up at her movement.

Hades' voice seemed to encourage Persephone further into consciousness. She was fighting to open her eyes, desperate to see him. Finally, they flickered open and she was rewarded with the sight of a teary-eyed Hades. "Why are you crying?" Her voice was hoarse and raspy but she was awake, and that was all that mattered to Hades. He launched forwards to wrap her in a tight hug.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again." He warned her, floods of tears flowing freely from his eyes onto her shoulder. The fear of how close he was to losing her was still ever present in his mind. His relief came in the feeling of calm that washed over him as she circled her arms around his neck to return the embrace. "I'm never going to let you go." Not only was he reluctant to ever let her leave his arms for her safety, but also for his own peace of mind.

"I don't want you to let me go." She whispers back to him, clinging onto Hades as if he was her lifeline. He can feel her breath against his neck and her heartbeat speeding up at his touch. She's alive and she's here with him. His worst nightmare was nearly a reality. But for now, he could relax as he cradled his girl in his arms.

Her numerous brushes with death had made them both realise that they would rather burn eternally in the fiery pits of Hell together, than spend one day in Heaven apart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 469 25
"I asked him for it. For the blood, the rust, for the sin. I didn't want the pearls other girls talked about, or the fine marble of palaces, or even...
14.9K 242 12
ON HOLD/NOT WRITING UNTIL SZN 2!! Marked complete. don't report for infrequent chapters please!- one shot fanfiction inspired by the netflix series...
198K 5.3K 39
Persephone has already been kidnapped by Hades, her unwanted and unexpected suitor. Demeter has already cast a famine on all the humans in her grief...
181K 5K 62
A retelling of the myth of Hades and Persephone -- For as long as Persephone can remember it has always been her and her mother. Until one day, a str...