Twins of Empire

By _AGHarper

Remember that story, Twins of Empire? Shes back! Meet, Mariah, a.k.a., Mercedes Lyon ⁣ The twin of Hakeem Ly... More

NOTE
COVER & CAST
Empire
Legend Carter
The Lioness Returns
Investor Brunch & Comfort Home
Healing Old Wounds
The Unthinkable Moment
Let The War Begin
The Outspoken King
Kid Fo-Fo
Death Washing Up
Prince vs Princess
No Apologies
Dont Walk Away From Me
Where Is Your Sister?
Whats Getting Into Her?
False Imposition
A Favor For Titan
Buy A Heart
Promises
Thuggin Days
Dangerous Bonds
Mariah & Mercedes
Hidden Pain
Tears of a Lyon
Engagements & Twin Loyalty
The Carters Prayer
A Mothers Heart & Fathers Eyes
Who Are You Running From?
Our Dancing Days
Bonds Over Anything
A Lyons Secret
The Lyon's Roar
The Oath of a Lyon
Your Crossing a Line
The White Party & Its Demons
I'll Still Wait For You

Family Dinner

2.3K 103 15
By _AGHarper

Episode 3- The Devil Quotes Scriptures

"So this is the last time, Cookie." The woman sat with her inside the conference room.

Lucious seen this and walked inside to head and see Cookie slumped down in the chair.

"You fail another alcohol test, and I'm hauling your tushy right back in."

"Oh, please do, and in honor of this wonderful occasion let me buy the first drink."

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Cookie rolled her eyes. Lucious nods making her sigh. "Mmm. This is Officer Judy Carter, my..."

"Your parole officer." Lucious shakes her hand. "I know."

"Oh. Nice to meet you, Mr. Lyon." She shakes his hand.

He smiles. "Pleasure."

"Listen, I have to tell you, the reason why I asked for this meeting here today was, uh, so I can get your autograph for my kid." She admits pulling out a CD. "I hope you don't mind.

"No, not at all." He shakes his head. "I mean, if it means you're gonna lock her back up." Cookie scoffs. "I was wondering why you all were meeting in my conference room."

"Yeah, well, if she skips another check-in or fails another alcohol test that's exactly what's gonna happen to her." She nods. "Hey, could you make it out to Sebastian?"

"Yes." Lucious takes out his own pen. "I have my own."

"Oh sure. Is there a bathroom around here?"

"Yeah." Cookie nods. "Straight down the hall to the right. Then jump out the window. It's straight down

Lucious points. "It's down the hall to the right."

"Thanks." She leaves out.

Lucious watched her "You know, she reminds me of the probation officer I had, back in the day. Um..Rosenberg...baum... stein, whatever. Couldn't stand that bitch." He sits on the edge of the table by her. "Look, I'm sorry about the attack at Bunkie's funeral. I was just really upset."

"Yeah, I was upset, too, but I didn't take it out on you."

"Well, let me make it up to you." Lucious says. I'm inviting the family over to my house tomorrow to welcome Tiana, Hakeem's new girlfriend into the family. I also want to get to know Christian and thought him and Mercedes could use a do over."

"So my sons and daughter are invited, but I'm not."

"I'm inviting you now."

"And what about Mercedes, she okay with you just inviting that boy."

"I already asked her this morning and she said that it is fine because they are still friends. Your daughter got to clean up the mess she made."

"You mean the mess you made?" Cookie points.

Lucious waves it off. "Come on, you gonna come or not?"

Cookie sighs. "Okay, Lucious."

The officer comes back into the room as he smiles getting up and about to take his leave.

"Nice meeting you, Officer Carter."

"Nice meeting you, Mr. Lyon."

Lucious shakes her hand. "And, mind you, I'll be the first one to let you know if she does anything wrong."

"Well, thanks for this." She waves the paper. "My kid will cherish it.

"I will cherish you locking her back up." Lucious points to Cookie who rolled her eyes.

Later....

Mercedes sat in the song booth on the couch. Listening to the song play out and at times it made her brows pull.

"Play it again,"

Marquis hits the speaker button from the other side. "That's the third time."

"Play-it-again."

"Want to talk about it?"

"Nope."

Marquis plays the song and sits back.

Mercedes hums to herself. "Stop."

Writing down what had her blocked, she nods and motions for him to stop it.

"It was the first part. I think it needs to flow more better." Mercedes comes out the booth. "Can we redo it tomorrow?"

"I got you," Marquis. "Destiny said you're not coming with us tonight?"

"I have to go to a family dinner and my dad has invited Christian."

"Ooh."

"Yeah," Mercedes sighs sitting back. "The last place I want to be is some awkward ass family dinner."

"Can't be that bad," Marquis nudged her.

"Lucious Lyon, my out of control twin who hates our mother. Our mother who just got of prison, my brother Jamal who has constant beef with Lucious and Andre who I believe secretly wants us dead. And Anika."

Marquis nods slow. "Yeah I'll pray for you."

"Thank you," Mercedes shakes her head. "Then I had to go to brunch with Anika and almost told the waiter to bash my head with the glass of orange juice."

Marquis laughed. "I thought you liked your step momma."

"No," Mercedes eyes roll. "I tolerated her because she is with my dad and lives with us. I don't know, I just don't like the way she's been treating my mom. It just don't sit well with me, you know?"

"No I get it."

"I know me and her aren't that close like we should be, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let anybody disrespect her like that. She's still my mother at the end of the day." Mercedes shrugs. "And sometimes when I sit back and just watch a person. It tells me a lot and I'm not liking what I see with Anika. Seeing stuff like that, makes me just not want to be around a person."

"One thing I will say, whenever you said you got a feeling about someone. You never wrong." Marquis nods. "So if you saying somebody not right. They usually not right."

"I try to tell my dad, but you know he don't listen. So I just let it be. If you ask me, he still like my mother."

Marquis brow raised. "You think?"

"Please, they fooling somebody but it ain't me." Mercedes sat back. "You know what hate turn into?"

Marquis scoffs. "You and Legend Carter." Mercedes whacked his arm making him smile. "He asked about you."

"What happened?"

"Nothing. Said he texted you but you never responded."

"I just been busy."

Marquis snorts. "Who you lying to?" Mercedes eyes him from the side. "You and him got to figure out whatever this is."

"I can't just be friends with him?"

"When you start acting like just friends, sure."

"Okay, okay," Mercedes looked over at Marquis who snickered. "I can't stand you."

"Yeah, but you love me." Marquis nudged her arm.

"Got no choice you won't go nowhere."

"Best friends is a lifetime sentence, you know it."

Mercedes smiles. "Come on with this song," she says making him laugh. "Annoying."

A knock on the door got their attention.

Cookie walked in. "What music ya'll got going on in here?"

Marquis nods to her. "Hey, Ms Lyon."

"Hey, Marquis." Cookie smiles. "You mind if I talk to my daughter for a moment?"

Mercedes looks over at him and just nods.

"Need a lunch break anyway." Marquis scoots back and gets up.

Cookie walked over to the now empty seat and sits down.

A nod of her head to the lyrics. "You sound good."

"Thanks," Mercedes turns it down as she sits back. "I know you not here to hear my music. So what's up?"

"Now why would you think I'm not here to listen to you?"

Mercedes brow raised with that amused smile.

"Okay this time I'm not." Cookie makes sure to say. Mercedes chuckles. "You know how talented I think you are Mercedes."

"I know," Mercedes works on the engineering board. "So what do you need?"

"Look I know what your dad said to you back at the club wasn't right and I know you may think he is doing too much." Cookie looks down for a moment. "But you can't blame him for being worried about you."

"I have no problem with him being worried," Mercedes eyes her from the side. "It's what came out his mouth."

"Yeah and your damn father got a reckless one." Cookie scoffs. "Mariah. Legends family is a dangerous one and I know they made a lot of enemies. I don't ever want to see you in the middle of any of that mess. You have a career and I want you to keep that." Mercedes looks over at her. "I'm not telling you who to love. I'm saying if you're going to be in that life, please be careful. Can you promise me that?"

"Of course I can." Mercedes smiles a bit. "He doesn't put me in danger." She shakes her head looking away. "He would push me away from him before he would ever watch it come to me. I just wish dad would actually give him a chance."

"Two thugs in a room don't ever get a long."

Mercedes snorts, her smile showing. "So I see."

"Well look, I'll meet the boy."

That brow raised over her shoulder. "You?"

"Yeah, why not." Cookie shrugs. "You don't seem to be leaving him along anytime soon."

"He's just a friend."

"Lie to somebody who ain't your momma." Cookie says making Mercedes playfully roll her eyes. "So the next time. You introduce me."

"Okay." Mercedes smiles. Her eyes go down briefly before looking back to Cookie. "Ma. I have something to tell you..."

"Girl you better not be pregnant."

"No!" Mercedes shakes her head. "I wanted to talk to you, it's about Anika."

Cookie brows quirk. "Ain't no secrets between us."

Mercedes shakes her head. "Never will be."

A slow nod from her mother. "What she do?...."

Later, that night...

Mercedes talked with Tiana in the hall as the family were still gathering for dinner.

A black long sleeve mini dress with a keyhole in the back. Heels and silver jewelry to match. All of her hair parted in the center and in barrel curls.

"Me and T, going to be making music to." Hakeem came over sliding an arm around her. "You should do a track with us twin."

"I'm not third wheeling on y'all music."

"I meant you and Christian." Hakeem motioned to the guy talking to Lucious. "Would be a hit and he already said he would be with it."

"If it sound fire then you know I'm on board."

"Yes, see I told you." Hakeem tugs Tiana.

"Me and you can talk this week then?" Tiana asks.

"Sounds good with me." Mercedes nods.

Hakeem and Tiana head into the dinning room.

Rhonda and Andre walking in from the den caught her attention.

"Oh Rhonda." Mercedes smiles. "Glad you took a break from babysitting to have dinner with us."

Rhonda gave a confused look, those eyes briefly going to Andre before back to her.

"Uh, Mercedes. My job is in fashion, I don't babysit any children."

"I was talking about my brother." Mercedes smiles, leaving.

Andre glared watching her leave. "You're not funny."

"The voices in my head laughed along with me." Mercedes shrugged it off.

Christian stopped his talk with Lucious when Mercedes came over.

"Can I?"

"Yeah, I need to talk to your brother." Lucious excused himself to catch up with Andre.

Christian looks at her. "Had to thank your dad for inving me."

"Yeah," Mercedes nods. "He just full of surprises."

A chuckle from him. "Mercedes listen. If you want to do mutual break up. You know I don't mind right?" Mercedes snaps her attention back to him. "As much as I know Anika got us both to do this. Me and you don't see each other in that way. In fact, I already see where your eyes are and I'm nowhere there."

"Christian I was going to-"

"I know." A nod from him. "But we were friends first. I don't want to mess that up or have it be weird. I miss my music partner."

Mercedes smiles. "So do I."

"Friends?" He holds out his arms.

Mercedes nods and hugs him, the two of them both relieved.

"You could have told me this." Christian pulls back from her. "We are too close for you to treat me like the plague."

"My head has been everywhere but screwed on right." Mercedes admits. "I just hope what I did didn't ruin anything with your image."

"Performing with someone like you won't ever ruin my image."

Mercedes holds out her hand letting him grab it.

"Thank you,"

"You know I'm here for you."

"I know." Mercedes nudged him.

The two of them went inside the dining room where everyone gathered.

Jamal hugged Mercedes from behind making her giggle and turn around to hug him.

Pulling back, she sees his boyfriend. "Michael."

"Hey!" He hugs her. "It's good to see you."

"You too," Mercedes brow raised to Jamal in question but her brother simply shakes his head. "Well it's good to have you here with us for once."

"Thank you,"

Mercedes pulls away, she goes to the head of the table where Anika would have sat but seen her mother.

Leaning down, she hugs her. "You look pretty."

"So do you," Cookie smiles. "Fix your mess?"

"Yes," Mercedes eyes roll.

Andre walked with Lucious. "I just heard back from my friend in the mayor's office. The witness did not pan out, paranoid  and schizophrenic."

"That's too bad." Lucious says. "Look, let's put a reward out there as an incentive for them to keep searching."

"Yeah." Andre nods. "Thank you."

"Thank you, son." Lucious tells him. He took out his napkin as he had a seat at the other head of the table.

Hakeem took out the chair for Tiana, letting her have a seat.

Michael walked over to him. "Mr. Lyon, I just wanted to say thank you for inviting me."

"I didn't invite you." Lucious didn't even spare him a glance as he nodded down to Cookie. "Thank her."

Michael looks off and finds his way back to Jamal.

Mercedes had a seat in between Tiana and Christian.

Anika walks out but slows as she approached Cookie.

"I know you don't know because you don't live here, but this is my house," Anika nods. "and that's my chair."

"Oh, girl, go sit down there with your daddy" Cookie waved her off.  "and be a good little girl."

Anika went to speak but Lucious voice got her attention.

"Sweetheart.." He pulled out a chair next to Christian. "will you sit next to me, just for tonight?"

Anika wanted to argue and looked to everyone who didn't argue once.

She made her way down.

"I'm sorry." Lucious says.

"Why did you invite her?" Anika whispers.

"I'm sorry." He apologized and let her sit down.

"I belong at the head of this table." Cookie says. "This my family. Mariah?"

"Nope." Mercedes stayed sitting back. "Dad told me chill out."

Andre brow raised. "You listen now?"

Mercedes smirks. "Just like you do on things that don't concern you."

Lucious looked in between the two of them.

Anika clears her throat. "Good evening, everyone."

"Bastard." Mercedes mumbles but some heard her.

Andre arched a brow at her. The challenging eye she gave him back. He looked off.

"Lucious and I are very excited to have you all here in our home, for dinner." Anika smiles. "So, please, don't be afraid to dig in and enjoy."

Everyone picked up their utensils, Mercedes reached for her drink.

"Excuse me.." Cookie got Anika in mid bite. lin this family, we say grace before we shove food," she smacks Hakeem's fork out his hand. "in our mouths."

Hakeem sat back glaring at her.

"So, shall we?" Cookie stands up, taking Jamal's hand as everyone around the table started to do the same. "Mercedes. Put that drink down."

Mercedes looked around the table. "God said food not water."

"Put that got damn drink down." Cookie grits through her smile. Mercedes rolls her eyes and puts it down with a suck of her teeth. "Give me your hand." Hakeem gives her a look. "Give me your hand, boy."

Hakeem rolls his eyes but gave it to her as Anika took Lucious hand with an attitude. Everyone bowing their heads and closing their eyes when Cookie stared speaking.

"Lord, we want to give thanks for so many blessings in our lives. And we want to thank you for the most precious blessing of them all...our family." Cookie says and Anika instantly rolled her eyes. "I prayed on bended knee, on many a night," she looked down to Hakeem who caught her gaze briefly. "that this day would finally come."

Anika coughs.

Cookie caught this and closed her eyes again. "And God, please do not withhold your blessings," she shakes her head. "even from ho's that hire skanks to spy on me."

Jamal opened the eye first as Mercedes head snapped to Cookie along with Andre and Hakeem.

Anika's look was priceless

"In Jesus' name I pray. Amen." Cookie draws a cross as she sits down. "Hallelujah."

Anika glares down at her as Cookie welcomed it with a smile.

Mercedes raised her glass when the server walked in.

"Can I get liquor in this?"

"Mariah."

Mercedes looked at the table and nods. "You right. Bring me the bottle."

Everybody started to eat as Lucious bought up good conversation for a shock to everyone.
The dinner itself actually ended with them laughing and talking about old times. Cookie was telling them about the crazy times her and Lucious had.

Afterwards, Cookie gathered everyone in the den.

"Come on in here, Jamal's gonna perform."

"Ma, do we have to do this?" Jamal brings his bag with him.

Hakeem took a seat with Tiana on his lap.

"Yes." Cookie tells him.

"Yeah, come on. I want to hear it." Mercedes walked in and had a seat next to Christian on the couch.

"And I haven't seen you perform since the club." Christian says.

"Don't be too intimidated." Lucious came in with Anika. "This room is just slightly larger than those coffeehouses you normally play at."

Mercedes rolls her eyes. "Can you not?"

"What?" Lucious innocently asks as he had a seat with Anika on the couch with them. "Baby girl listen I was just saying."

"Nobody asked you to." Mercedes mumbles looking off.

"What?"

Mercedes gave her father a look.

Jamal called to her. "Cedes, it's cool." Mercedes sat back with a sigh. He gave her a thankful gaze before taking his gaze to his father. "You should stop through sometime." He sits at the piano. lBrooklyn hipsters love a blast from the past."

"Touché." Lucious chuckles with his drink.

"Yeah, walker and all." Mercedes sipped her drink.

Hakeem snorts along with Christian as Tiana pressed her lips to keep her laugh from escaping.

Lucious eyed her from the side as he lowered his cup.

Catching his glare it was Mercedes turn to smirk.

Cookie suppressed her laugh. "Now, Mariah. Let's be nice."

A fake smile from her. "Sure." The fake smile drops when she looks back to her brother. "Come on Mal, I want to hear it."

"This song is a little song written by a friend of Cookie's." Jamal tells them making his mother smile.

Listening to the song 'Up All Night', filled the room with a happy energy. It was something about her brother singing that she loved even when she was a little kid. All the times he would sing to get her to sleep and it always worked.

Jamal finished the song to a round of applause from the room.

"Yeah, Mal!" Mercedes clapped.

"Wow!" Tiana clapped.

"Yo that was good Mal." Hakeem says. "Did you just make that, though?"

"I can believe it." Mercedes nods.

"Bravo, that was nice." Lucious nods.

"It was." Cookie smiles.

"So you went to see...Puma." Lucious looked to Cookie.

"Yes."

"Does he still like you?" He asked.

"That's none of your business." Cookie waved him off.

"But I'll tell you what is my business." Lucious says. "That song." He shakes his head looking at Jamal. "That song. I had never really liked it until I heard your version of it."

Jamal smiles as Cookie was a bit taken back to hear this from him.

"I mean, now I think that John Legend would kill that song..." He says to Anika.

"What?" Mercedes frowns looking over.

"Lucious!" Cookie shouts at him.

"On his new album." Lucious looked around at them. "I own the song." Mercedes shakes her head. "I bought it from Puma," he stands up. "but I never saw its true potential until this moment, right here." He walked over. "I think, son, you've got a great career as an arranger."

"Are you serious?" Mercedes puts her drink down, standing up.

"What has this money done to you?" Cookie questions him.

"We need to-"

"Dad, what is wrong with you?"

"What has happened to you?" Cookie asks.

"Ma. Ma. Ma. Ma..." Jamal shakes his head at her and Mercedes. "Both of y'all. It's okay."

"I complimented it." Lucious shrugs. "I said I liked the song.

Mercedes scoffs. "You really-

"Cedes, Ma.." Jamal stops them. "You know that ain't worth it. Come on."

Mercedes shakes her head walking back to the couch.

Lucious seen this. "I-You mean you wanted to do the song?"

"You could keep the song, man." Jamal tells him. "I ain't want the song anyway, right?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you."

Mercedes scoffed a slight laugh from the clear lie.

"I didn't know you wanted the song, I didn't know that."

"She told me, back in the day, that you couldn't make the song work." Jamal glares at him. "Hmm?" Lucious looks to Cookie until Jamal spoke again. "Tell me, how does it feel that your little girl could do something that you couldn't?" He shakes his head at his father. "You washed up. And the songs that I'm writing will only further prove that I'm you, but on steroids." Jamal snatched up his coat. "Baby,"

He nods for Michael to get his things.

"Come on, Jamal, don't leave." Hakeem tells him.

"No, I'm leaving."

"Mal," Mercedes went to him.

Jamal was halfway out the door with Michael following.

"No, no, no, let him go." Lucious sat down. "I mean, this night is to celebrate a man and his woman," he motioned to Hakeem and Tiana. "Not some sensitive punk and his bitch."

"You are going straight to Hell." Cookie snapped at him.

"Don't you dare talk about him like that." Mercedes glares at Lucious.

"Couldn't have a family dinner without making him or Michael feel like they don't belong here?"

"Im sorry if that's how he feel but he chose this-"

"Chose what? To be himself?" Mercedes asks. "Let me guess, it's only okay for your children to be themselves so long as it fits Lucious Lyon image."

"That's not what I said."

"Yeah, you didn't have to." Mercedes shakes her head. "You say sorry to us and apologize but you don't mean a damn thing that comes out of your mouth. You sad as hell."

"I'm what?" Lucious stands up. Mercedes leaves out of the den. "Now I know you hear me trying to talk to you. Mariah!"

Cookie glares at him as she gets up going out to talk to her daughter.

Later that night...

Andre walked over to where he saw Hakeem by the bar in the dinning room.

"Jamal's song was hot, wasn't it?"

"It was good. Yeah." Hakeem shrugs.

Andre seen the jealousy and smirks. "Look, Hakeem, you are a made man. Mercedes is dad's little girl and you, you are dad's boy." This made Hakeem stop in mid drink. So it doesn't matter whether you're as talented as Jamal and Mercedes." Hakeem lowered it completely when he said this. "Dad's gonna pick you, no matter what because you got your twin."

"What did you just say to me?" Hakeem glares.

"I said Dad's gonna pick you, no matter what."

"I'm not Dad's boy." Hakeem says. "I don't need Mercedes to do nothing and she not better than me. I'm my own man."

"Okay." Andre laughs, his hands up in defense.

"And if I'm his favorite, maybe it's because I'm the most talented."

"You the most talented?" Andre laughs a bit. "You know, I think you'd do a real good backup for, Up All Night. That sounds nice, right? Or Mercedes is working on something. Could get you on that."

Hakeem sits the glass down. "You know what, man?
I can't even..."

"You know, the brothers getting together.." Andre watched him walk away. "You know I'm just messing
with you, Mr. Insecurity." He laughs. "Hakeem.."

Mercedes sat at the large island counter in the kitchen.

Seeing her phone ring, she took one more sip of her water before just answering it.

"Mercedes,"

"So your fingers do work?"

The voice of Legend on the other end made her smile and give a sigh.

"Yeah, they do." Mercedes nods.

"Still running away from me huh?"

"I prefer walking, heels can be a little tough."

That made him laugh. "Okay. My next question to you, what are you doing?"

"Trying not to put my father in a retirement home at a young age." Mercedes sips her water, she heard him chuckle making her smile. "Nothing. We had a family dinner and you should already know that ended."

"You probably in a room by yourself so not be the best."

"Yup." Mercedes lips pop. "Why'd you ask though?"

"I just seen everybody here at Marquis but didn't see you. Wondering why, I got my answer."

"Yeah I should have came instead of being here."

"People still here, why can't you?"

"Don't exactly have access to a car and my dad going to know if I call a car."

"I'll send you one."

"Seriously?"

"Do I ever joke when you need something from me?"

Mercedes looked in at the den at her family.

"How quick?"

That laugh on the other end made her smile.

Meanwhile...

Cookie walked out and seen Anika walking towards her in the hall.

"Mmm, boo-boo kitty." Cookie stopped in front of her. "Just 'cause I asked Jesus to forgive you don't mean I do." She glares at her. "You need to watch your back."

"Cookie, my father is a doctor. And my mother was a
debutante, and so was I." Anika tells her. "Now, I know you been in jail for a minute, but do you even know what a debutante is?"

"Hmm.." Cookie hums. "A boozy hoe with a lot of money."

"A hoe who can slice your throat without even disturbing her pearls."

"Oh.." Cookie says fake impressed. She watched Anika walk around her. "Damn, that made me hot."

"I aim to please."

Cookie rolled her eyes and walked around the corner to leave, she passed by the office of Lucious and spotted him inside.

Stopping in her tracks, she seen him struggling with something but walks inside when she seen the pill bottle.

"What's that?" Cookie asked.

Lucious looked back shocked to see her.

"Nothing." Lucious smiles it off, putting the bottle by his side. lJust a little hypertension. I thought you left."

Cookie nods slow. "I watched you while Jamal played tonight. You're afraid of him, aren't you?"

This made him frown instantly. "I'm not afraid of nothing."

"Yeah, you are." Cookie nods. "You're afraid, because he's a true artist and you can't deny it anymore. You're also afraid of your own daughter."

"I'm her father, you must be confused."

"No, I'm not confused." Cookie smirks, shaking her head. "You can't stand the fact that she not dealing with you getting the say on her life anymore. All you doing is pushing her right on over to me." A nod to him when she saw the nerves building.Something's got you shook, Lucious. Like it's chasing you and you don't want it to catch you." She looks him up and down getting closer to him. "Now, I don't know if it has anything to do with Jamal or Mercedes. But whatever it is, you're trying to hide it. But you know you can't hide from me." Cookie tucks his handkerchief in and pats his chest. "You can't hide from me, Lucious."

Lucious watched her leave as Cookie gave a knowing look back to him.

Setting aside his medicine, he looked back when he heard a knock.

Lucious looked back to see Mercedes.

Dressed in shorts and a pull over sweatshirt. He took note to the bag on her back.

"Yeah, you going somewhere?"

"Staying with Destiny for a few days." Mercedes says. "Just wanted to tell you."

"And you want me to believe that?"

A simple shrug. "You can believe whatever you want." Mercedes leaned against the doorway. "He will be there if that's what you're wondering. I don't have any reason to lie about that. Also just to let you know, me and Christian agreed to let this thing you and Anika were trying to make happen go."

"Mariah, listen. That thing with your brother-"

"This isn't just about Jamal." Mercedes shakes her head. "And you know that." Breaking the stare, she adjusts her bag. "I'll see you at Empire. Night dad."

Mercedes leaves and takes out her phone as she heads to the door.

"Going to see somebody?" Andre walked out. "Your little convict?"

Mercedes brow raised turning around. "Excuse me?"

"Listen I get it, Riah." Andre put his hand on her shoulder. "You got a love for him."

Mercedes pinched his sleeve but the wrist and removed his hand from her shoulder.

"Don't touch me."

"My bad little sister, my bad."

Mercedes looks at him crazy. "Are you drunk?"

"No," Andre scoffs. "This my first drink but what I am is worried about my little sister just out with this man. He not good for you, should listen to your big brother."

"Now you want to be a brother?"

"Come on, I was always a brother to you." Andre tells her, patting Mercedes back hard.

"Andre what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Should be asking your twin that." Andre points. "Weak ones crack under pressure, you know what I'm saying?"

"I'm leaving." Mercedes rolls her eyes.

"Enjoy your night on the streets." Andre waved. "Hey, tell Legend I said what's up."

"Man get out my face." Mercedes slammed the door behind her.

Andre chuckles, and sips his drink.

We now moving on to episode 4,
Mercedes growing tired of her father and how he treats them. Andre planting seeds in both twins ears and the drama just starting

PLEASE FAV & COMMENT
It helps my story a lot and I love talking to you guys in the comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 230 12
In "Sweet Melodies," follow the rise of Hakeem's twin sister as a formidable singer in the cutthroat world of the music industry. With the same fiery...
1.6K 55 21
The Lyons as we know only have 3 kids Andre, Jamal, and Hakeem but what if there was another kid that was Kidnapped and forgotten when empire blew up...
15.5K 494 17
It has been 3 months since Lucious Lyon has been in jail and the Lyon family have been living without the devil himself . that's until an unknown per...
8.8K 412 17
"𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑔𝘩 𝑡𝑜 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮." TNTXCXL PRESENTS... The Lyons willing to fight for eachother no matter what..Everythi...