Project tiftanglen || Neteyam

By imcluelesshaha

"You ruined me! You damned me, forced me to live like this, and why? Why?! Tell me god damn it" "Why" "What?"... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
[a/n!}
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Wooo!
A/N pls read
Epilogue

8

419 12 2
By imcluelesshaha

I listened to Shut me up by MSI while writing this btw.

Tarian was letting out hushed gasps of pain, his entire being being pulled out of his body and tortured by eywa herself as Mo'at holds her hands above his chest, performing some sort of ritual.

It was his first night here, why now, why make himself look weak now, why fucking now.

She was chanting various phrases in hushed navi that he couldn't quite understand, however the pain slowly evaporated, becoming a dull throb in his skull which felt akin to when adrenaline takes over.

He sighed, more like sobbed in relief, the difference between this and his state 10 minutes ago, when he was still laying wriggling on the mat in Mo'at's hut was huge.

"Than- thank you" he said, finally catching his breath the pain subsiding

"Dont thank me yet child" as she said that she reached for a bowl in which a few minutes prior she was grinding something, she moved the bowl towards him

"Drink." she says, Tarian cautiously grabbed the bowl, praying that he wasn't gonna get poisoned for showing this amount of weakness. He cupped it in between slightly shaking hands bringing up to his chapped lips, and drank, it was a soothing liquid which brought relief to his whole being, he started gulping it down

"Kehe! Slow." Mo'at lightly slapped his arm.

Tarian looked at her, bringing the bowl down, then back up to his lips he slowly drank the light blue viscous liquid. it had a pleasant scent.

Wait a damn minute- this was the plant he was supposed to find! He could bring it back to base, he surely wouldnt be punished that bad- no, No. 'you wont' he old himself over and over as he finally brought the bowl down from his lips. For a second he pondered on wether to ask Mo'at where she got it or not, but he decided not to. The soothing liquid had gotten rid of the pain in his arm, his palm had been wrapped by Mo'at.

"Thank you, Mo'at" He stood up and walked to Kiri, who was awkwardly standing near the opening of the tent

"We should go back-"

"Yeah."

She went to take his arm to sling it around her neck for support, stretching it, but he stopped her

"No, thanks, i'm good"

The short walk to the hut was awkward and felt like an eternity, but standing near the entrance Tarian grabbed Kiri's hand

"Hey uhm, please dont tell anyone"
"But-"

"No. i don't want them to look at me like im some- some fragile doll-" He hated being a doll, a tool for the higher ups, he never wanted to be associated with one, not until the day he dies
"But you're not! There's something genuinely wrong and bad happening to you body and they need to know it! i-"

"No. please, you don't- please, Kiri, i haven't known you for long, nor have i know them for long, i will tell them some day- just- just not today." Kiri looked at him solemnly a battle being fought deep in her head.

She sighed "Alright"

...

And no pain of such calibre appeared for a while. Tarian settled in nicely, a month with the navi hadn't changed him much, maybe it had cracked open his shell, helped his deep rooted mental problems and pains courtesy of Mo'ats magical potions. Tarian had met a boy named Spider, he was.. Well Tarian didn't exactly understand what he was.

He was human, sure, but he spoke navi..painted his body with blue stripes? And was distrusting of him more then even Neytiri, who still hadn't fully warmed up to the idea of him staying with them. But he had a mutual 'I dont like you that much, but your friends of my friends so i tolerate you' relationship. He had also made friends with the Sully's, Neteyam was training him in everything he was supposed to train him in for Tarian to become a "True navi ''. Shooting a bow, which was, yeah, a bit different from a gun but it was similar enough that Tarian had gotten the hang of it quite quickly. He was also given an ikran saddle, an awkward transaction seeing as he wasn't even a true 'navi' yet and he already had an ikran.

He didn't need to be taught the language, only slightly reminded, of certain navi cultural words and practises. But also he and Neteyam had formed a really nice friendship, spending whatever time apart from training together, thy would just leave into the air on their ikran and not come back until eclipse, which granted them many scolding from Jake. but to Tarian it was always worth it.

He and Kiri where also friends, same with Lo'ak, but none compared to his relationship with Neteyam.

Tarian loved living with the Navi, it was amazing, and exhilarating, just yesterday a woman had come up to him and gave him a satchel of beads he was to put on his waist. He wasn't too keen to the Idea, but after neteyam hung a few beads and trinkets onto it he gladly wore it strewn across his slim waist. Life was good.

...

Currently a raid was happening, Jake, Neteyam, Lo'ak and most of the clans warriors had ran to it, and so had Tarian, he had explicit knowledge of the tech and was allowed into the sky team by a cautious Jake, He was allowed to attack, and was even given a gun.

The surprise he saw in Jake's eyes as he pressed his left fingers into his arm and pulled out a gun was hilarious. Jake at first was not keen on the idea of letting the new guy shoot, but seeing Tarian's pure aim and skills had slightly frightened him, he was but a child.

Kreyp roared impatiently as they awaited Jake's command.

"Air team! Go!" Kreyp screeched as they dove down from the floating boulder they where holding onto, Tarian let down his air guard and quickly grabbed his gun, which was a military looking rifle that was heavy and comforting in his arm. The wind slapped his face as he dove straight down, releasign both arms and taking out as many helicopter pilots as he could, flying like the wind was carrying him, helping his feat. While flying, aiming his rifle towards as many humans as he saw he saw Lo'ak carrying a gun and growled, diving down to them

"SKXAWNG! What are you doing here Lo'ak! You fly from above!"

"Its not fair! You get to!"

"Stop being childish! Im trained for this stuff-" Suddenly samson blades cut through the air, bringing Tarian back to the day he escaped, Kreyp stilled, feeling her riders emotions through their bond. Tarian shook his head, bringing his finger to his neck

"BOGEYS! DEVIL DOG I REPEAT BOGEY- FUCK-"
"TARIAN?" shouted alarms in the voice of Jake sounded into his ear. And then, an explosion sounded through the grounds flying straight to them, Tarian saw Neteyam, he had not seen him here, why was he here too- and he did the most logical thing, he dismounted kreyp and pushed the two brothers away further from him.

Tarian felt his body get flung back by the force of the missile like projectile. He landed on some trash, Feeling a sudden pain go through his lower left abdomen.

Forcing his eyes open he saw a pole, the remains of some human creation impaling him.

"Fuck!" He clenched his eyes, the adrenaline subsiding and being replaced with pain

"Wheres Tarian?!" He heard in the distance, along with that he heard the hushed voices of Neteyam and Lo'ak trying to remember where he was flung

"I-im here! Fuck-"

"Tarian! Tarian what the hell happene- oh no" Jakes eyes widened, checking where it had impaled him, making sure it hasn't affected his spine. His eyes glanced to Tarians slightly shaking figure as Lo'ak and Neteyam ran up to him

"Riri- what the- oh.."

"Im gonna be fin- fuck!" He exclaimed as he turned slightly to the side, feeling pain shoot up his entire back. Fortunately the metal object acted as a cork to stop the blood, so he wasnt bleeding apart from the scratches he had gained on his biceps and stomach

"Yeah- kid you'll be fine-" Jake said as he dug around for his axe.

"Can you shimmy up?" Jake said, awkwardly, voice slightly wavering as Lo'ak and Neteyam looked at them, worried. They where both not injured much, thank god.

"Yeah- yeah sir not my-Nghgn- First rodeo" At that Jake wanted to chuckle, thinking he was joking but it hit him, god thats where all the scars where from.

Jake took his axe as Tarian shimmied up, the bloodied pole a gory sight as different soldiers gathered around them, he hacked at the pole, finally detaching it from its source. He picked up Tarian bridal style, any other way would cause more movement of the pole then necessary.

"Sir- im gonna pass out"

Jake's breathing stopped

"No- dont no hold on we'll get you to Mo'at"
"Sir- Jake, no- i am gonna pass out- If i die-
"

"No kid dont talk like that-"

"If i die please take this fucking thing out of me before burying me" Jake chuckled at that, score. They hopped onto Bob, jakes ikran, and sped off towards the mountains, Tarian could feel his conscious disintegrating, his body welcoming the cold sleep, but he tried holding on, listening to the wind, to the light bustle of the other mountains- Mountains! Thats it they're near home, jesus Jake must've really been speeding huh.

"We're almost home kid come on dont pass out"
Jake said hopefully

"I dontintend- tooooo" His voice sounded loopy. Tarians body had become numb to the pain, barely registering the dripping of blood from the metal pole on the rocky ground, he couldnt even hear the gasps of the navi as his limp body was carried towards Mo'at, he only remembered her gasp itself, and being put on the ground, hissing from the pain, before he passed out.

I really hate this chapter, idk why, its long and annoying to read, but anyays enjoy! also thank you so so much for over 100 reads, i just got to thank you guys for 80 and now its at what like 130? thank you so much.

EB

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.4K 1.7K 10
so this is just an idea I had in my head. I hope you enjoy, first time ever posting. This takes place during the "one year later" period in Awow. I a...
3.7K 51 10
Aha'ri had a sheltered childhood. Her parents were scarred from the war with the sky people, and intended to protect their children from the world. W...
14.5K 704 51
Miles Quaritch failed his first mission to kill Jake Sully. Now, Bridgehead Command has a new mission for him and his surviving recoms, Wainfleet and...
186 3 1
꧁𝘈𝘷𝘒𝘡𝘒𝘳 π˜›π˜©π˜¦ 𝘞𝘒𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘞𝘒𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘡.꧂ Jake has an awful nightmare one that was too true for comfort. He felt it. And it felt οΏ½...