1

In an unusually large room, two bright yellow eyes blinked open, the pupils shrinking from the light and a light hiss erupting from Tarians throat. He murmured curses and whined, before slowly getting out of bed. Standing up he stumbled slightly groaning. His tail swayed idly as he walked towards his desk, braid swung onto his shoulder full of beads.Tarian woke up everyday at the pandoran equivalent of 5am, he got dressed and went to training, the step before any of that, is giving himself the same advantages as everyone. He was the first mostly successful attempt at a human made Na'vi, he had 4 fingers and was as tall as the natives, even slightly taller, being one of the first tries though, meant he came with a few... dents.

In the amniotic tank he was grown in, Tarian defects were visible, he was supposed to be a recombinant body for some soldier in project phoenix, but when he grew with a damaged que and a half missing right arm, the science pukes pulled him out. Somehow, magically he survived the multiple experimental operations they performed on him, putting in a metal socket in his forearm and creating an advanced fully articulated metal arm, by doing that they retained the hope he would one day be a fully functioning soldier and somehow gain self consciousness. His long blue limbs creaked as he walked to the desk, reaching for his prosthetic, which he isnt gonna lie, is fucking badass. It looked similar to an early 21st century character named Bucky Barnes', except it started a bit under his elbow in the midle of his forearm, the prosthetic was dark grey with a few lines going down it, the colour slightly darkening as lines around the joints, it was high tech, akin to a ball jointed doll in some aspects . It made an odd whirring noise as he slotted it onto the metal peg like socket and flexed the fingers.

He made his way to his basic rda quarters issued drawer set and pulled out a maroon tank top and dark green shorts, he laced on his combat boots, tied his hair back a bit, put on his recom breather for emergencies, and left for training.

[small time skip]

The small avatars only gym stank, it wasn't that small, but considering that the new fully fledged project phoenix recoms are going to be arriving soon it's gonna get even smaller, Tarian had a mission today, assigned by the very scientist that saw him in a small petri dish state. He was to collect some weird plant on the hallelujah mountains. It had healing properties, at least that's what the navi say, that they wanted to study, and he was the only non avatar driver who could safely get up there. Why not an avatar driver? no clue, they're all scientists who must know this shit better than him, some runt jarhead who mostly gets sent out for weird shit disguised as errands, which are truly just glorified souvenirs for the higher ups, but who is he to complain, he thought as he put down the weights. The chopper should be arriving soon, but not too soon, he would still have time to go down to his room and pack. He set down the navi sized dumbbells flexing his muscles a bit and walked down to his room, the corridors where expansive and maze like, the only path he recognized was the one to the science room where they forced him to get checkups and geeked over his arm and his room, go left 4 times then the last corridor go right and continue forward, that was the avatar quarters' deepest nook, Tarians room. The room itself wasn't all that bad, a few posters on the walls, a station where he can put down his arm and tinker with it. Walking into his room he flopped down onto the bed and sighed, laying for a few seconds before getting up and grabbing simple black cargo shorts and a camo tank top, fixing his dog tags, making sure they're still there he walked to the shower stripped down his clothes fiddled with the nozzles, making sure the water wasnt scorching hot and relaxed for what he didnt know was the last time for a while, shampooing his hair with great care, drying himself and getting ready for the mission.

"Wait, who's coming with me?"

[Sorry for the short first chapter, i started writing this out of boredom and i promise the next chapters will be far longer]