The Merman and the Princess...

By Adri-Pearl

"Sea and land may lie between us, but my heart is always there with you" ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••... More

Presenting
Chapter 1: The Deal With The Sea Witch
Chapter 2: The Boy On The Beach
Chapter 3: A secret revealed
Chapter 4: A day of lessons
Chapter 5: The general's estate
Chapter 6: Glowing shapes of the sea
Chapter 7: A knockout blow
Chapter 8: A coze with the Sea
Chapter 9: The vexatious queen
Chapter 10: The Boat and candlestick
Chapter 11: A fountain tells no lies
Chapter 12: The dashing soldier
Chapter 13: A sea of monsters
Chapter 14: Malcom's warning
Chapter 15: The Floating Lights
Chapter 16: The Court of Vipers
Chapter 17: Setting Sail
Chapter 19: The Banquet
Chapter 20: The cliffside
Chapter 21: Intricate silence
Chapter 22: Head and Heart
Chapter 23: Prince of Tides
Chapter 24: The dreaded interruption
Chapter 25: The Ball (part one)
Chapter 26: The Ball (Part Two)
Chapter 27: Glittering Jewels
Chapter 28: Politics and Problems
Chapter 29: Intoxication
Chapter 30: Utopian dreams
Chapter 31: The Truth
Chapter 32: Land and Sea
Chapter 33: The Prince's return
Chapter 34: Dawn of an age
Epilogue: One
Epilogue: Two

Chapter 18: The journey to Olympus

1K 29 169
By Adri-Pearl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The journey to Olympus waned for over six hours, and the princess of Athens was extremely grateful when the ship finally docked.

She took tentative steps towards the shoreline, her legs taking their time in getting used to solid ground.

As she descended, she jumped straight into a pair of waiting arms, hugging the body tightly as she a wide smile spread across her face.

"Luke!" she cried, pulling him tighter. It had been over 3 years since she saw him, and she'd missed him terribly.

"How are you, Annie?" he chuckled, nuzzling the top of her head affectionately, "we have a lot of catching up to do."

"When I'm queen, I'm going to make it compulsory for everyone to greet me first. I cannot keep having women launching themselves at my husband," Thalia said from beside Luke, stomping her booted foot in mock annoyance.

Princess Thalia was the heir to the throne of Olympus, the biggest kingdom west of Athens.
And more importantly, she was Annabeth's dearest friend, a sister, even.

"Thalia!" Annabeth laughed, wrapping her arms around the heir of Olympus, "Ive missed you!"

Thalia placed a light kiss on the top of Annabeth's head, pulling apart to examine her, "Is that wench you call an aunt feeding you properly?"

"Thalia!" Luke gasped, trying and failing desperately to hide his amusement.

Annabeth laughed, placing her head on Thalia's shoulder as she directed the newly-arrived folk to their temporary residence.

"I don't believe I've had the time to tell you! But we cleared up our Jupiter's fort for you to stay in, you know, to keep you as far away from my step-monster as possible!"

Annabeth laughed, "But do I really want to sleep on the same chambers where you and Luke had your honeymoon?" she teased.

Thalia chuckled, "Might do you some good. Maybe you'll finally be able to find yourself a suitor or lover to keep you company"

"Honestly, do you not get bored sitting in your dusky library all day?" Luke asked from beside her.

"I'll have you know my library is not dusky!" Annabeth pouted, pushing Luke away lightly

"All right all right cease your fire," Luke grinned, bringing his hands up in a mock surrender.

"Speaking of....Jupiter's fort....do I have to stay there alone or can I take a friend to keep me company?" Annabeth asked

"A friend? You've managed to make a friend?" Thalia replied, scrunching her nose in disbelief, "I need to meet her to believe it."

"Oh!" Annabeth gasped, "I'll meet you at the fort! I have something to take care of first!" she said, sprinting away from the confused couple.

She made her way up the mighty ship, which was now almost empty, rocking to and fro as it cradled her dear companion within it.

She pushed open the doors for the lush captain's quarters, to find him deep alseep atop the mattress.

She smiled slightly, taking in his sleeping form. He looked at peace.

She wondered what he was dreaming about.

"We're here!" she cooed, shaking his awake gently, "We're docked, it's time to wake up."

The boy moved to his side, burying his face in his arms.

"Wake up," she tried again, standing beside his bed as she pushed him off as gently as she could.

"I'm sorry," she said with a suppressed smile as he landed on the floor with a pop, his eyes flying open immediately.

"Come on, the chariot awaits," she said, looping her arm through his and almost dragging him off the ship, letting go only as a gathering crowd formed, excited to see a foreign princess.

She tossed a young child a coin as she mounted the chariot, being followed by the boy, causing an uproar of chatter from the crowds behind her.

And in an hour, which the boy utilised to return to his slumber, they reached Jupiter's fort.

It was a massive building, which managed to look small and unassuming. Covered within a canopy of trees and nestled on a seaside cliff.

The pair passed by the large stone walls until they stumbled upon a maid.

"Would you mind escorting my friend here to his chambers? I believe he would very much like to return to his slumber," Annabeth chuckled to the woman, gesturing to the boy as he failed to stifle a yawn.

She nodded, setting off with him after informing the princess that she said visitors in the waiting room.

And those visitors happened to be a very handsome couple.

"Prince Jason," Annabeth curtsied, extending him a handshake before a short, brief hug.

Her equation with Jason, no matter how close they were or how long they'd known each other, was a formal one. They both respected the rules of the court, adheering to them despite their affinity for one and other.

"Princess Annabeth," greeted the blonde prince, inclining his head as well.

"How are you been?" she smiled, glancing behind him to see a beautiful woman, with a peculiar style of hair behind him. With her choppy brown locks and symmetrical face, it didnt take long for thr princess to make out who this woman might be.

"This must be Countess Piper," she said with a tinge of joy, "It's a pleasure to finally make your accquainatnce. Jason has told me a lot about you," she gestured the girl over, noting how her eyes changed with almost each step. Almost like a mirage.

"All good things I hope, princess," replied the girl with a curstey.

"Only the best," Jason said with a smile, kissing the back of her hand as he pulled her towards them.

"I apoligise for my sister and Luke, Annabeth. They've been pulled away to court by our mother," Jason sighed, "Though I do suppose you shall see them at the banquet tommorow"

"Banquet?" asked the princess, confused.

"Did you not tell her?" Piper gasped, lightly slapping her fiance's arm, "King Zeus is organising a banquet in your honour tomorow evening!"

"Im sorry?" the princess repeated, a quizzical expression on her face, "I was under the impression that I would be leaving tommorow afternoon, after an audience with the king?"

The prince and future princess exchanged confused glances," We....were informed that you will be with us all week?"

Annabeth blinked. Something was not right....and that something seemed to be whatever her witch of an aunt had concocting in that cauldron of hers.

"Jason...why am I here?'' she asked, levelling her voice to an even tone.

She wished desperately for the boy to be here, so she could have a flicker of support.

"To collect a shipment of jewels for the Queen?" he replied.

"That's odd....Thalia told me she was here for the ball?" Piper said, her eyes shifing around the room.

"Something tells me that everyone has been given different information as well," Annabeth mused, her mind running through various scenarios almost instantaneously.

"Who do you think is behind this?" Prince Jason inquired, looking quite shaken.

"Our beloved ruling families of course," replied the princess with no hesitation, "If you could have Thalia or Luke meet with me...."

"I shall tell them immediately," nodded prince Jason, "something wrong is certainly afoot."

"You've read my mind," Annabeth said, inclining her head.

"Enough matters of the court," sighed countess Piper, rubbing the temple of her head, "let us all have some tea in the garden.

And that is what the trio of them did, laughing over sugar coated biscuits  and ginger tea.

Annabeth eventually bid adieu to the lovely couple towards the evening, wishing them well and promising the countess Piper a tea and chat whenever they had the time.

The princess soon retired to her designated chambers, smaller than what she was used too. However that was not the reason she tossed and turned all night, the pit in her stomach growing even as the moon waned into a sunrise.

It appeared that nothing was quite as it seemed , and the princess of Athens was determined to uncover the truth. And for once, she had allies to help her in her investigation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello darlings,
I have a wonderful poem I want to share with you all! From the new and improved
Shakespeare!!

(Dear @PercabethIsMyHeroin and AlyviaVillalobos I posted, don't kill me now)

I have an exam tomorrow so like If y'all could wish me good luck, that'd be swell!

Any idea as to what's happening in the story so far? Who's behind this misinformation?

(Posted 15/3/23 - 3:46pm)

Stay tuned!!!
—-S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 4.5K 48
For the past year, Perseus Jackson has been a worldwide phenomenon, a singer who has taken the world by storm. And has a crush on humble, aspiring, j...
11.6K 236 17
This is not your normal Chaos story. No one gets betrayed and runs away. No one gets killed. But there is one person who gets kidnapped. One person w...
28.9K 510 8
What if Percy didn't remember Annabeth? Percabeth fanfic, I'm not sure how many parts this will be or if I'll even continue, just let me know what yo...
18.9K 599 35
**Sequel in the Wisdom and Wizards series** If you haven't read the first it's Saving Wisdom and Wizards! ~~~ Everyone believes that Percy Jackson is...