The Boy Who Couldn't Leave

By RiddleMeThis__

Dark!Irondad fan fiction. Tony Stark saw Peter Parker one day when the boy was visiting Stark Industries. As... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 10

1.5K 29 14
By RiddleMeThis__

(AN: Tony is delusional) 

This isn't right. It isn't right. This is not how things were supposed to go!

Peter was supposed to love him as a parent and eventually call him dad. They were headed in that direction! WHAT CHANGED?!

Calm breaths Stark, calm breaths. Let's just see what happened.

Tony and Peter both sat in their usual seats. He decided to buy Thai. The one food the kid didn't seem to hate.

When they both had enough food on their plates, Tony decided to test the waters. "So how was your day?"

Peter suspiciously looked right at him "It was fine. Explored my new phone a little."

Tony didn't know what to make of that. He simply said "Okay that's good. I actually wanted to talk to you about something. I'll just come out and ask it. What changed?"

Peter scoffed "What changed? My life changed Tony! You orchestrated this entire thing just so you can force me to live with you. So if you were hoping to continue things the way they were before, you're insane."

Tony breathed in deeply "I don't know how many times I can tell you this! I saved you! Don't you get it?! With May, you were never gonna go anywhere! You would've been doomed to some low-rate state college and your potential would be wasted!"

Peter sarcastically said "Oh thank you! Thank you for saving! Without you, I would be wasting away!"

Tony huffed "Cut the sarcasm. I understand you're not happy, but you'll get there. We were there once, we can get there again."

Peter stood up from his chair now "I. Don't. Care. You are insane!"

Tony stood up too "Do not talk to me that way young man. And you do not call me names! Show some respect."

Peter was baiting him now "Or what? You'll slap me again?"

Tony stepped dangerously close to him "My father slapped me all the time and I turned out fine."

Peter scoffed "Whatever. I'm out of here."

He stormed off before Tony could say anything else. 

Tony roughly scrubbed his hands over his face. That wasn't how the conversation was supposed to go.

He asked out loud "Friday? Where did the kid go?" She responded that locked himself in his bedroom. Tony groaned out loud "Great, just great."

Just when he thought his day couldn't get any worse, his cell phone rang. 

"Hey Pep."

"Tony? Is there anything you need to tell me? Anything new in your life?"

Tony began to pace "I went to that stockholders meeting today if that's why you're asking."

He could just hear Pepper narrow her eyes in seriousness. "So does this mean you didn't adopt a 14-year-old boy?"

Tony stopped pacing. Shit shit shit. What should he say?  He cleared his throat and said, "Yes I adopted Peter Parker, my new intern. His aunt was severely neglecting him. You should've seen the place Pep. I couldn't let the kid stay there. He's upset with me right now because he wants to be with her, but I just can't let him go back to that situation."

Yeah, that'll do it. 

He could hear Pepper's voice on the phone gasping "Oh my gosh, that's awful! When he called me last night and told me you're forcing him to stay there, I was upset! I was ready to ream you out, but it sounds like this is for his own good."

One thing was on Tony's mind though. "He called you?"

She chuckled on the other end. "Yeah. Apparently, FRIDAY thought it best he have my contact in case of emergencies. I think he saw it and got curious."

They finished up the conversation with her telling him she'll be home the next day. 

He hung up the phone feeling a tad agitated. So Peter was upset with Tony and decided to call Pepper? 

Thinking about it, he laughed fondly. Oh, the things kids do to their parents.

He briefly wondered if Pepper would take on a maternal role in his son's life.

The next working Peter woke up bright and early, excited to go back to Midtown. Excited to have some semblance of normalcy.

He went to his ensuite bathroom to shower and dress for the day. 

Peter stopped to make his bed like every morning but then thought that Tony might like that, and said "Screw him" and left the room.

As he walked to the kitchen, Peter decided to channel Tony and opted for a big mug of coffee, something he knew would annoy the man. He seemed to take a deep interest in Peter's health, so this wouldn't make him happy.

And he was right. When Tony entered the room, he tried to keep a stone face when seeing the coffee cup, but his right eye began to twitch.

The man said, "I thought we talked about this. No coffee. Eat a healthy breakfast for your first day back."

Peter snarked back "Don't you bleed coffee?"

Yeah, his right eye is really twitching now. He said "Just do it" as he took the coffee from the boy.

Tony practically stared as Peter put together a huge bowl of cereal. Then he said, "From now on, Happy will drive you to and from anywhere you want to go."

This piqued Peter's interest "Anywhere?"

Tony narrowed his eyes "Cool it. Happy has to run it by me first." 

Peter chose not to talk anymore and devoured his breakfast before leaving for the elevator. 

Tony spoke up "Where are you going?"

Peter rolled his eyes "Didn't we just talk about this? School."

Tony replied "Nuh-uh. Happy is coming here to pick you up, so sit tight."

Finally Happy came and Peter left without saying a thing.

The entire 20-minute ride to Midtown was in complete silence. Not that Happy minded.

Peter wasted no time in speeding out of the car and running inside.

He made it to his locker in time to see his best friends standing next to Ned's locker. 

"Ned! MJ!"

They spun around to see him coming toward them at full speed.

"Peter! Where have you been?!" Ned asked 

He spent the next 10 minutes filling them in on everything.

Ned was the first to speak up "What the hell? Are you sure this is Tony Stark and not some freakazoid clone?"

Peter shook his head amused "It's him. But I do have a plan to make him regret all this."

Then, Peter filled them in on his "Perfect heir" plan

For the first time, MJ spoke up. "You sure about this, Parker?"

Peter nodded his head "Yes! He only wanted me because he saw my potential, or whatever, and he sees me as a young him. Well I can't be him without the sordid past, right?"

Ned said "Okay Peter, you know best. We'll be here to help you."

Ah, Ned. His ever-loyal best friend. 

Then Ned asked, "So what's the first step of your plan?"

"I wanted to skip class a few times, maybe get caught drinking. I need a party life, even though that isn't really my style."

Ned thought about it and said "Well if you want to annoy him by being a mini Tony, just be super sarcastic and maybe go out a lot? You don't have to drink, but make it look like you are since that isn't your lifestyle?"

MJ said, "That doesn't sound like a horrible idea, for once. But be careful Parker, don't fall in with the wrong crowd. We are here to help you too" 

Peter was shocked. MJ has never had so many words at a time to him. But he knew she had a point. 

Peter said "I agree with the whole wrong crowd thing. Which is why I humbly ask you both to do this with me. Let's skip class today."

Ned and MJ looked at each other and shrugged. "We have nothing else to lose."

Before they could go, Peter stopped them "Wait. Tony put one of these unremovable watches on me that tracks me. What do I do?"

They thought for a minute until MJ dug through her bag and pulled something out "A metal ring. We tape it to your watch. Metal disables trackers."

Genius.

They set to work disabling the tracker and the trio slipped out of the school. 

They didn't notice someone following them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 2.1K 18
One rainy night while Tony Stark is out, he comes across a 15 month old boy named Peter Parker, whose is injured and very weak. He immediately takes...
36.7K 1.1K 4
4-Part Fic "I'm sorry. I'm going to try to be brave, Mister. Stark, but I don't know if I can. I'm really scared... and I, um, I don't want to die."...
27.1K 831 17
[Symbiote male reader insert IronDad oneshots] Driving through New York you can see some weird stuff, and Tony Stark is no exception to this. While...
108K 3.1K 18
MATURE!!!! "Why?" "It takes away the pain of... existing." May contain triggers. Homecoming universe. NO/LIMITED TW MENTIONED!!! READ WITH CAUTION...