POMEGRANATE, addams

By madebyrach

Mother, let me tell you a secret Your flowers always died in my hands And I hated being the goddess of spri... More

𝖕𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖊
𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝖆𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖘
𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙
𝖘𝖞𝖓𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖘
𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖍𝖆𝖘
𝖎. 𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘
𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖘, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘
𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖆 𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖘
𝖎𝖛. 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖓 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖍
𝖛. 𝖙𝖔𝖎𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊
𝖛𝖎. 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖊, 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘
𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖕𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖎𝖙, 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐
𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖎𝖘
𝖎𝖝. 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖇𝖔𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖝. 𝖉𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊
𝖝𝖎. 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖔𝖓 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖛. 𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖉𝖔𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖙 𝖒𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞
𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘
𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝖉𝖊𝖓
𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖞
𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊
𝖝𝖝. 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖎. 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖓 𝖚𝖕, 𝖇𝖚𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖈𝖚𝖕
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖊𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖛. 𝖆𝖖𝖚𝖆 𝖙𝖔𝖋𝖆𝖓𝖆
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖇𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖎𝖝 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝. 𝖎𝖓𝖋𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎. 𝖘𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖕𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖆 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛. 𝖋𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖞𝖉𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖜𝖔 𝖇𝖎𝖗𝖉𝖘, 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖓𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖒𝖆𝖓'𝖘 𝖜𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖔𝖓
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘
𝖝𝖑. 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘
𝖝𝖑𝖎. 𝖗𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖑 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖆 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖞
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖛. 𝖓𝖔 𝖇𝖔𝖉𝖞, 𝖓𝖔 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖛. 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘 𝖆 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖔𝖗
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊𝖗, 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖆𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖝. 𝖆 𝖒𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖞
𝖑. 𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖉𝖔 𝖚𝖘 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖑𝖎. 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊
𝖑𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆 𝖘𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖆
𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖎 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖗, 𝖒𝖎 𝖛𝖎𝖉𝖆
𝖑𝖎𝖛. 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖘𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖘𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜
𝖑𝖛. 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖍𝖔𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖍
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖈

𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖌𝖊𝖘

14.6K 600 16
By madebyrach

"These are some sweet digs." Fester exclaims, staring out of the large stained window. "How'd you swing your own single?"

"I didn't." Wednesday replied, sat at her desk with Hades and Persephone stood behind her. They were waiting to see if the Hyde was the monster they were dealing with.

"My area is up those stairs." Persephone explains, gesturing in the right direction.

"Our other roommate couldn't handle my toxic personality." Wednesday adds, flicking through the chronicles of countless species of outcast. "Here it is. Faulkner describes Hydes as artists by nature, but equally vindictive in temperament. Born of mutation, the Hyde lays dormant until unleashed by a traumatic event or unlocked through chemical inducement or hypnosis. This act causes the Hyde to develop an immediate bond with its liberator, who the creature now sees as its master. It becomes the willing instrument of whatever nefarious agenda this new master might propose."

The students let the disturbing information sink in as Fester speaks up, "Anyone willing to unlock a Hyde is a next-level sicko."

Wednesday comes to a troubling realisation. "That means we're not looking for one killer..."

Persephone face drops in shock. "We're looking for two." She looks at Hades who has an uncharacteristically serious expression.

"The monster and its master." He finishes with a sigh. This mystery just became more complicated.

A knock at the door interrupts the group's racing thoughts and sends them into panic mode. They are breaking school rules and legal rules with Hades and Fester in here. Wednesday quickly shoves the papers out of view and calmly walks to the door while Persephone forcefully shoves Hades up the stairs to her loft. Miss Thornhill walks in uninvited as Persephone leans against a wooden beam trying to act as natural as she can (p.s. she's not the best at acting).

"I didn't mean to startle you." Miss Thornhill says apologetically as Wednesday looks over her shoulder to discover her uncle had disappeared and her brother was nowhere to be found. She locks eyes with Persephone who subtly gestures upwards to where Hades is hiding.

"I was just working on my novel." Wednesday lies smoothly.

Thornhill turns her attention to Persephone, whose mind has suddenly gone blank. "I- I was... doing something."

"She was helping me." Wednesday butts in to save her friend, making Persephone nod along frantically in agreement. "I needed information about plants."

Miss Thornhill accepts the excuse and clasps her hands together. "Enid has requested to room with Yoko for the rest of the school year."

"She did?" Persephone asks, walking over to stand with Wednesday who looks equally shocked. They thought Enid was giving them empty threats and hoped she would forgive and forget soon.

"When there's a falling out, I like to get all my girls' perspectives on what happened. You three seemed as thick as thieves." Thornhill reasons as Wednesday retreats into her usual self.

"Ultimately, thieves turn on each other. I've seen it with my own eyes." Wednesday retorts, walking away from the teacher.

"Deflect all you want, but you and I both know that you care about Enid. You both did. And you have to admit she managed to bring out a spark of warmth in you. Oh, don't worry. Just a tiny spark. Barely perceptible to the average eye, but... I noticed. Part of the dorm experience is making friends with people that you wouldn't normally connect with. And those friendships often turn into lifelong bonds." Thornhill's passionate, empathic speech is wasted on Wednesday.

"I would rather buy a rope."

"Is it really so difficult for you to admit that you made a friend, and now that she's gone you might actually miss her?" Miss Thornhill probes, trying to get an emotional reaction out of the girl.

"I have a friend." Wednesday says defiantly, nodding at Persephone. Unnoticed by the pair, Miss Thornhill's eyes narrow at the unlikely duo. "Besides, I'll survive alone. I always have."

Miss Thornhill shakes her head in pity. "Well, if that's your decision, I'll submit the forms to Principal Weems." She shakes her head again, this time in disappointment. As she turns, something unusual catches her eye. A necklace hanging around Persephone's neck. "What a beautiful necklace." She picks up the pendant that rests on the girl's collarbone to admire it, brushing her finger over the cold silver ridges.

Persephone internally curses her stupidity for not taking it off when she got back to the dorm. But she doesn't want to raise any suspicion, so she plasters on a smile. "Thank you."

"Where did you get such a thing? I've never seen anything like it before." Thornhill gasps, analysing the intricate patterns.

"Oh, you know... Just lying around in the bottom of my jewellery box." Persephone tried to sound as casual as she could. Thankfully, Miss Thornhill lets go of the pendant and gives her a smile.

"You should hold onto a necklace like that." She recommends, backing away to the door. "It looks valuable... One of a kind." Then she leaves the dorm. Persephone releases her breath in relief while Wednesday lets out an exasperated sigh.

"You can come out now, Hades." Persephone shouts up to the loft, giggling slightly when Hades' face pops into view.

"Thank satan. I thought the bitch would never leave." He groans, traipsing down the stairs.

"Uncle Fester?" Wednesday hollers, trying to find where her uncle is hiding. A faint squeaking noise stops the trio in their tracks as a small toy from Enid's humongous stack tumbles onto the floor. The three exchange looks before edging closer to the hoard of animals. "Uncle Fester?" A familiar quirky giggle is heard, albeit muffled by the layers of fluff. Wednesday plucks a pink bunny from the pile to uncover Fester's face.

"Hey!" He exclaims. "Being a solo lobo has its perks. You get to live by your own rules, do whatever you want. Just look at me." He chortles to himself as Wednesday rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, you're a great inspiration." Hades mocks sarcastically. Persephone grabs the stuffed bunny from Wednesday as she's walking away and places it back on top of the stack so it covers Fester's face once again. "Looks a bit too late to try and leg it back to my dorm."

"Well, we've got an extra bed apparently." Persephone mumbles mournfully, looking at Enid's old bed.

"I know this situation with Enid has upset you more than you're letting on." Hades observes sympathetically. "But I'm not going to force you to talk about it. Instead, we're going to go upstairs, I'm gonna wrap you into a blanket burrito and you're gonna read an ancient book about poison."

"And you'll give me a piggyback up the stairs?" Persephone suggests hopefully.

"Sounds dangerous. I'm definitely in."

"And read me facts about flowers again?"

"Obviously. I'm stealing that book."

"And you'll stay with me tonight?"

That request stops Hades in his tracks. He had fully prepared himself to have to sleep while being watched by a horrifying collection of plushies. But he was willing to do it knowing Persephone was just a staircase away. He never wanted to push her into anything she didn't feel comfortable with, but this had taken him by surprise. She looked so vulnerable and broken, staring up at him with her big brown eyes. He would do anything for her. Anything.

Persephone had begun to think the worst at his prolonged silence, believing she had asked for too much. She shouldn't have pushed it. What a stupid idea! How could she tell him that she had been bottling up her fears for the past few months? Compressing all her feelings of guilt, regret, grief and absolute terror. And she only felt safe when he was there, not because she knew he was there to protect her. But because he made her feel strong enough to protect herself and others. And they gave each other something to keep fighting for.

"Never mind. It was a silly idea. I shouldn't have suggested it." Persephone rambles, fiddling with her fingers as she goes to walk past him.

"Of course I'll stay with you." Hades says sincerely, making Persephone stop and turn to face him. "I just expected to take you to dinner first before you invited me into your bed." He teased, the usual smirk returning to his face as Persephone rolls her eyes in amused exasperation. Nevertheless, the crude comment works in making Persephone smile, the most magnificent sight for Hades to see. "Now I believe my lady requested a piggyback ride." He announces in a fake high-class accent.

Getting up to Persephone's loft proved to be a bit of a challenge with lots of laughter. Eventually, Hades managed to carry the girl up the stairs without toppling over and place her on the bed gently. Luckily Persephone had a small section of her wardrobe dedicated to clothes she had stolen from Hades so he was able to change into something clean. Then, as promised, he smothered Persephone in layers of blankets like a caterpillar in a cocoon.

She was now snuggled into Hades, head resting on his chest as she lazily flicked through Giulia's book. It was becoming more and more difficult to keep her eyes open as Hades was running his fingers through her hair soothingly while he read aloud, slowly lulling her to sleep. And she would've fallen asleep if her attention hadn't been grabbed by the next title. 'Tofana's  Antidote'.

'Created to save the one I love,
To keep him from the Heavens above.
Although his hands are dripping with red,
Covered in the blood of mortals struck dead,
I would throw myself upon the pyre
To keep him warm and stoke the fire.
For crimson taints my fingertips
Bringing pomegranate seeds to his lips.'

Persephone's eyes flicker to the boy below her. A boy whose hands are dripping with red. A boy who would strike mortals dead. And a boy who she would gladly go to Hell and back for. Just like Giulia. But Persephone will not throw herself on the fire for him... For Hades, she will become the fire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5K 62
A retelling of the myth of Hades and Persephone -- For as long as Persephone can remember it has always been her and her mother. Until one day, a str...
15.3K 469 25
"I asked him for it. For the blood, the rust, for the sin. I didn't want the pearls other girls talked about, or the fine marble of palaces, or even...
36.3K 850 28
Wednesday was just getting used to Nevermore. She had actually made a few friends and had her first kiss, though Tyler turned out to be the Hyde. So...
14.9K 242 12
ON HOLD/NOT WRITING UNTIL SZN 2!! Marked complete. don't report for infrequent chapters please!- one shot fanfiction inspired by the netflix series...