Enchanted Lover -> Regulus Bl...

By iamevanescent

"ɪ ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀʀʀʏ 𝘺𝘰𝘶" "ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ꜱᴛᴜᴄᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴡᴏʀꜱᴇ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ." (𝕟) 𝕣𝕖𝕘𝕦𝕝𝕦𝕤: 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕔�... More

prologue
¹Balter
²Eccedentesiast
³Onism
⁴Liberty
⁵Cynosure
⁶Meraki
⁷Metanoia
⁸Serendipity
¹⁰Ikigai
¹¹Eremophobia
¹²Cosmogyral
¹³Fluctuate
¹⁴Pistanthrophobia
¹⁵Mono no aware
¹⁶ Nepenthe
¹⁷Ukiyo
¹⁸Mysa
¹⁹Whelve
²⁰Fláneur
²¹Eunoia
²²nemesism

⁹Koi no yokan

1.6K 48 7
By iamevanescent

(n.) The extraordinary sense upon first meeting someone that you will one day fall in love with.

***

A FEW WEEKS HAVE passed with no interesting things worth even mentioning, but here's a quick catch-up on what's going on.

Peggy's declared "her love" for Evan Rosier and is now hellbent on getting with him.

Lucius and Severus practically declared war on the gryffindors, starting a prank war in which Gideon and Fabian are winning by a mile.

Narcissa and Lucius also discussing more about their future wedding.

Adira and Regulus haven't been up to much to be honest, school, death eater meeting, school, death eater meeting, you get the gist.

***

Currently, Adira and Regulus sat in potions, not listening to slughorn drone on, Regulus sat where he carved his name into the table a few weeks ago, the carving still there but now much deeper as he kept adding to it every lesson.

"Will you stop that?" Adira snapped, the sound of his quill chipping away at pieces of the table sounding like finger nails on a blackboard, knocking her sick.

"What?" He said, looking at her for the first time today.

"You're so fucking annoying." She sighed, placing the feather of her quill in her mouth as she turned her attention back to the board, not missing the way Regulus was staring at her mouth.

Silence for a couple seconds.

"Will you stop that?" Regulus echoed her words from earlier, except this time she genuinely had no idea what she'd done.

"What?" She turned to ask him.

"Biting your fucking quill." He said, slapping her pen away from her.

"What? How does me biting my quill have any affect on your well-being what so ever!"

Silence

"You're going to get ink in your mouth." He said, casually.

"If i want to get ink poisoning, leave me to it black." She replied with a shrug.

He started at her for a few more seconds before smirking and looking back to the front.

they didn't say much after that.

***

"DO YOU THINK we're going to end up living the lives we've always wanted?" Narcissa said, staring up at the ceiling.

"Why do you insist on deeping everything?" Peggy said, closing her eyes.

Narcissa shrugged, even though nobody could see her as they laid on there own beds.

"I think you both will." Adira answered honestly, "You'll get married, have a beautiful baby and be happy." She said to Narcissa, knowing it's what she wanted. Then she turned to peggy, "You'll travel the world, meet fit guys and eventually settle down after meeting everyone and seeing everything."

She lifted her head up to look at the girls faces, both had a huge smile plastered onto them, before Peggy frowned, "What about you?"

It's a question that Adira thought about a lot, it's hard not too with everything going on, but in all honesty Adira couldn't imagine her future. The war still going on and only getting worse as time progressed and she was on the dark team, how many people on the dark team live? Very few, it's sad to say but at 16 Adiras already made her peace with knowing she'll be dead before she's turned 20.

"Not sure, probably write a book, get a dog, live in portugal." She said, even though her tone lacked enthusiasm they seemed to believe it.

"I think we'll have excellent lives." Narcissa said.

"Me too." Peggy smiled.

Adira stayed silent.

"Look at the time, it's 11 we should really be going to sleep if we want to be okay for that test tomorrow." Narcissa said, rolling over and switching her light off.

"Night." Peggy replied, falling asleep almost immediately, Adira always wondered how she managed to do that.

Adira stayed silent.

***

HOURS PASSED AND it was 2am, Adira could not sleep.

Blame it on insomnia or the way Peggy was snoring but deep down she knew it was because of the way they was chatting about their futures.

Did she want to be dead at 19? No, she wanted a life she wanted to grow old and see things, yes she did this to herself and no she doesn't regret it but she can't help but think about what her life would be like if she didn't, what her life would be like if she was a gryffindor, what her life would be like if she was loved as much as james, if she was james.

Tossing and turning, trying to grab sleep by it's ankles but anytime she got close, it escaped her.

"Fuck this" she said, to nobody in particular as everybody was sleep, she swung her legs over the side of the bed, deciding to go and sit in the common room.

It was always cold in the slytherin common room, the people in the house are nice enough but the fire was hardly ever lit, the water from the lake added a green glow to the room.

She decided to sit on the arm chair, enjoying the silence around her as it's been so long since she's actually heard silence. However, someone clearly loves ruining her day.

"You should be asleep."

"AHHH." she squealed, jumping up and out of the chair, turning around to scope the room to see who the voice came from.

"For fuck sake Black, what the hell is your problem." she asked, placing a hand on her heart as it raced.

He was sat at the desk in the corner of the room, parchment infront of him, she wondered for a moment if he knew it was her as he hadn't even turned around, but of course he did.

"No problem, just commenting on your sleeping habits." he said simply, she saw him shrug from his seat.

"My sleeping habits are fine thankyou very much." She spat back, not even knowing why we was so angry.

"You say that yet it's 2:30 in the morning on a school night." He replied, his tone much calmer than her own as he swung around the chair to face her.

"Why are you doing homework at this time?" She questioned, eyeing him suspiciously.

"It's not homework, it's...it doesn't matter." He said, picking up the book and placing it in his bag before walking over to the couches.

"Are you going to sit or are you just going to stand there?" He asked as he sat down on one of the seats.

She eyed him for a bit longer before taking her seat in the arm chair again.

"We never got to talk about...what we needed to talk about." He said, oddly formally.

"Do we have to do this now? It's 2:30 in the morning Black." She sighed, looking at the floor.

"Better late than never."

Sighing once more, "Fine, start talking."

He clearly wasn't expecting her to agree to talk to him, you could tell by the way his eyebrows raised, however he sat up straighter and begun talking, "Look, we want the same things, we both don't like any of the other death eaters-."

"Or eachother." Adira butted in.

"Or eachother." He agreed, although quieter, "We'd be able too live our own lives the way we want to, you could do what you want instead of having to listen to some man you hate." He said.

"Hmm." She replied not giving much reply in her tone.

"And i know you're worried about all the things that could go wrong but try to focus on the way this could go absolutely perfectly."

"Things in my life don't tend to go 'absolutely perfectly' what gives you the impression that this will be any different?" She asked, meeting his eyes as he stayed quiet, staring at her.

Eventually he said, "You didn't have me on your side in the past, you will now."

Good answer, she thought.

"I have a few concerns." She stated.

"As expected, please continue." He muttered, leaning back.

"Everyone in slytherin and the entire school knows that we hate eachother, if we announce our engagement tomorrow they'll know somethings wrong, in return making the dark lord think something is wrong." She said.

"You do make a good point-"

"I know." She butted in, causing him to glare at her.

"You make a good point, maybe we should do it in steps, first you act as if you don't hate me, then we'll go on a date to hogsmede or something, then i'll kiss you at the end of a quidditch match..."

"Woah woah woah, stop there for a moment, who said anything about kissing!?" She said, as if it was completely scandalous.

she knows that they've kissed before, during the spin the bottle game but it's different when it's not a game, it's different when you're sober.

He on the other hand looked at her with a confused, furrowed face, "Dira, he's going to want us to have kids...I don't think us kissing should be your main concern."

She stayed silent before deciding he was right for once, "continue."

"We'll become 'boyfriend and girlfriend' then we get engaged."

"You sure that'll work?" She asked, seriously.

"If we do it right it has too, to be honest we only need to fool our friends, the others don't really matter."

"True..."

"Wait." He said, going silent yet however having this large smirk plastered on his face, "does this mean you're accepting my proposal?"

She stayed silent, "We are engaged to be engaged." She said.

Sure, she made a quick and rash decision but face it, he made a much better partner than snape or pettigrew or any of the other death eaters, but don't tell him she said that.

This way she could live her life the way she wanted (to a certain extent) She could travel or write a book, she didn't have to become a housewife pretending to be in love with her husband.

"You have just made me the happiest man on the planet." He said sarcastically, laughing at her.

"Man? don't boost your own ego up to much." She replied with a smirk.

"Oh how you wound me." He said dramatically, however his face was still smiling.

And thus the ten step plan to become fake engaged began.

(1) Stop using last names, smile and laugh in potions together.

(2) Walk to classes together, look as if we enjoy spending time with eachother.

(3) Go to all Regulus' quidditch games.

(4) Sit together at breakfast, and dinner.

(5) Go on a date to hogsmede, act as if you had the best time of your life (which you will;)

(6) Kiss at the end of the quidditch match.

(7) Kiss in the common room occasionally

(8) Become boyfriend and girlfriend.

(9) Wait one month.

(10) Get engaged.

"We're fools if we think this is going to work." Adira said, looking straight down at the paper infront of Regulus.

"Always a pessimist?" He questioned, looking at her.

"Shove off." She sighed, "Fucking hell Black it's almost 4am!"

"What did you call me?" He said raising an eyebrow at her.

"...Black?" she answered confused.

In return he lifted up the sheet of rules and pointed at the first one.

"Oh bugger this is never going to work!" She sighed.

"Of course it is, just breathe, okay?" He said, standing up and walking over to her.

She did take a deep breath and must admit she did feel a bit better.

"Try to get some sleep, good night Adira." He said, although he made no move to leave.

"Night...Regulus." She said, the word feeling strange on her tongue.

He leaned down as she was much shorter than him, he placed a kiss on her cheek before turning around and walking away to the boys bedroom.

She stayed there, frozen in place.

***

A/n: i'm sorry it's not that long but it's important, Adira and Regulus now have a plan that they need to follow.

Thoughts on Adiras worry's for the future?>

Thoughts on the plan between Reg and Adira?>

Do you think they will get away with the plan?>

thankyou for reading! please vote and comment it helps a lot! 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 108K 43
The year after her brother James graduates, Teddy Potter returns to Hogwarts for her final year. With the Marauders gone, it should be a quiet, peace...
194K 4.3K 80
𝓐𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝙤'𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙭 𝙖 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 ...
26.7K 699 26
"𝐈'𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭...
1.4K 35 16
Let's rewind... It's 1976 and Regulus is returning for his fifth year at Hogwarts. With one of the worst summers of his life behind him, he's slight...