The Great War | Billy Hargrove

By accio_nicolette

"I vowed not to fight anymore if we survived the Great War." Isadora Jones was not the biggest fan of Billy... More

Introduction
Playlist
Graphics
Prologue
1 | The Project
2 | The Party
3 | Confrontations
4 | Truth or Dare
5 | Apologies
6 | Warnings
7 | Heartbreaks
8 | Mixed Messages
9 | Second Chances
10 | First Dates
11 | Making Things Official
12 | School Dance
13 | Missing Girl
14 | A New Friend
15 | Making Plans
16 | Girls Night
17 | Fixing Things
18 | A Need to Talk
19 | Truths Revealed
20 | Christmas Party
21 | A Christmas Surprise
22 | Graduation
23 | Pool Party
24 | Summer Jobs
25 | Distractions
26 | Finding Billy
28 | The Search for Answers
29 | Finding the Flayed
30 | Preparing for the Fight
31 | The Battle for Starcourt Mall
32 | Face Off
33 | Hospital Visits
34 | Aquarium Dates
35 | Goodbyes
36 | Pep Rally
37 | Finding Eddie
38 | Eddie's Truth
39 | The Search for Answers
40 | Saving Max
41 | The Creel House
42 | Finding Watergate
43 | The Upside Down
44 | Vecna's Truth
45 | Battle Plans
46 | Preparations
47 | Luring Vecna
48 | The Piggyback
49 | Aftermath
50 | The Beginning of the End

27 | The Sauna

170 5 0
By accio_nicolette

💔💔

I DON'T THINK I CAN GO THROUGH WITH THIS.

ISADORA WAS SOAKING WET WHEN SHE FOLLOWED MAX INTO THE HARGROVE HOUSE.

It had been a long time since she'd even stepped foot into the house, and stepping back into this house made her nervous.

"Isadora?" Beatrix asked, surprised to see Isadora walk into the house with Max, Eleven and Laura. Beatrix knew Billy pretty much always went to Isadora's house, but it was rare that Isadora came to the Hargrove house and Beatrix knew it was for good reason.

"Hi, Bea. I ... uh ..." Isadora trailed off, as she looked towards Max as she tried to figure out what she was supposed to say to explain to Beatrix why she was here right now, especially considered Billy wasn't here.

"We were on our way home and ran into Isadora, who got caught in the storm. She lost power to her house, so I said she could stay here for the night," Max explained to Beatrix. Isadora looked towards Max, who nodded and smiled at her.

"I have some spare clothes you can borrow, Issi," Beatrix said.

"Thank you, I appreciate that," Isadora said. Beatrix nodded and left to find some clothes before she returned and handed them to Isadora, who thanked her before she went to get changed. As she was showering, Isadora couldn't help thinking about what had happened tonight at the Holloway house and none of it was making sense to her. After she got ready for bed, Isadora started making her way down the hallway when she passed a room with a lock on the outside of the door and she hesitated before pushing the door open and stepping inside before realising it was Billy's room. She had only been in this room once before but being in this room once again made her realise just how much she missed her boyfriend and she wondered if they had never had that fight if any of this would be happening right now. Isadora sighed softly as she opened Billy's cupboard and grabbed one of his shirts, holding it close to her as she breathed in his familiar smell before she put the shirt on and then left the bedroom and headed to the spare room, wondering why there was a lock on the outside of Billy's door. After making herself comfortable in the spare bedroom, Isadora realised how strange it felt staying in the Hargrove-Mayfield household, especially since Billy wasn't here, but she decided to try and get some sleep. As she was lying in bed, she could hear Max, Laura and Eleven talking next door and Isadora sighed softly as she listened to them before allowing herself to fall asleep, but at some point, Isadora had a bad nightmare and deciding that she didn't want to be alone, Isadora made her way over to Max's room and quietly knocked on the door.

"Issi?" Max asked sleepily, as she opened the bedroom door.

"I'm sorry to wake you. I had a bad nightmare about ... well I had a bad nightmare and couldn't sleep, and I just —"

"Yeah, come on in," Max nodded. Isadora thanked her as she made her way into the bedroom and soon she got comfortable on a spare mattress on the floor of Max's bedroom before falling back to sleep.

"Do you copy? This is a code red. I ready, this is a code red. Max, do you copy? This is a code red," the sound of Lucas's voice woke Isadora up in the early hours of the morning and she groaned as she sat up and looked towards Max.

"Shut up," Max snapped before turning the walkie talkie off. Isadora saw Max roll over and go back to sleep, and Isadora attempted to do the same but moments later the phone rang and Max groaned, "You've got to be kidding me."

"Max, it's so early," Isadora grumbled, as Max got out of bed and went to answer the phone.

"I'm sleeping. Go away," Max snapped, before she lowered the phone but a moment later, Isadora saw her lifting the phone back to her ear, "What are you talking about? What?"

"What did he say?" Eleven asked.

"What's going on?" Laura asked sleepily.

"We need to go to Mike's house. Apparently the boys have something they need to tell us," Max told the girls. Isadora wasn't sure what she was being dragged into right now, but she decided she was going to join them at Mike's house, figuring she could always just go back to her house if she needed to. The girls went and changed with Isadora deciding to continue to wear Billy's shirt, feeling a sense of closeness to him. After changing, the girls headed to Mike Wheeler's house and as Isadora followed them down to Mike's basement, she was surprised to see Hazel was here.

"What's going on?" Isadora asked.

"Will has something he needs to tell everyone," Hazel said, although she was really surprised that Isadora was even here, but before she had a chance to ask the blonde why she was here, Isadora went and sat down beside Max.

"I didn't think it was anything at first. I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it. The first time I felt it was at Day of the Dead."

"Power went out that night, too."

"And then I felt it again at the field near the Nelson Farm the next day. Then again yesterday outside Castle Byers."

"You were out there in the storm?" Hazel asked Will.

"What does it feel like?" Max asked, as Isadora looked between the group, trying to work out what they were even talking about.

"It's almost like ... you know when you drop on a roller coaster?"

"Sure."

"Yeah."

"Yes."

"No."

"It's like ... everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but this is worse. Your body, it goes cold and — you can't breathe. I've felt it before, whenever he was close."

"I'm sorry, whenever who was close?" Isadora asked Will.

"The Mind Flayer," Will told her.

"The Mind what?" Isadora asked. Hazel saw her best friend furrowing her eyebrows together as she tried to work out what Will was talking about, and Hazel understood why Isadora was confused, for the blonde knew nothing about what had been going on in the town of Hawkins.

"I closed the gate."

"I know, but what if he never left? What if we locked him out here with us?" Will asked them. Isadora looked over at Hazel, who mouthed to her that she would explain later, as Will grabbed some paper and started drawing something, "This is him. All of him, but that day on the field, a part of him attached itself to me. My mum got it out of me and Eleven closed the gate, but the part that was still in me, what if it's still in our world? In Hawkins?"

"None of this makes sense," Laura said and Isadora looked over at her as she nodded in agreement.

"I don't understand. The Demodogs died when El closed the gate. If the brain dies, the body dies."

"The Demo-what?" Isadora asked, as she looked at the younger teenagers before shaking her head, "Actually, you know what, I am just going to pretend that I have any idea what's going on right now."

"We can't take any chances. We need to assume the worst. The Mind Flayer's back."

"Yeah, and if he is, he'd want to attach himself to someone. A new me."

"A new host," Lucas said, as Isadora and Max looked at each other.

"How can you tell if someone's a host?" Eleven asked, echoing what Isadora was thinking. She was starting to wonder if it was possible that Billy was possibly a host for this Mind Flayer creature. If he was, it would explain his strange behaviour.

"Who do you think's a host?" Hazel asked them. Isadora, Max, Eleven and Laura looked at each other before they started explaining what had happened with Billy and Heather, and how they suspected Billy might be the new host for the Mind Flayer. After they had explained everything to the group, it was decided they would all go to the community pool together so they could spy on Billy and figure out if he was the new host for the Mind Flayer.

"I don't know, he looks pretty normal to me," Max told them, as she watched Billy through a pair of binoculars. The group was gathered outside the Hawkins community pool, watching as Billy sat in the lifeguard's chair and watched people swim.

"Here, give me those," Isadora said. Max nodded as she handed the binoculars to Isadora and the blonde looked through them, focusing her attention on Billy before frowning, "I don't know about normal, Max. I mean he's wearing a shirt and Billy never wears a shirt when he's at the pool."

"She's right. How many times have you seen him with a shirt on?" Lucas asked.

"I mean, it's a little weird."

"A little weird? It's totally weird, Max. I mean he never worse a shirt when he used to lifeguard in California either ... or when he was at the beach," Laura said.

"Anyway, he was in a tub with ice. The Mind Flayer likes it cold. Plus, everything else —"

"But, he's lounging at the pool, which is like the least Mind Flayer thing ever."

"Not necessarily," Will told them and Isadora turned her attention towards him, "The Mind Flayer likes to hide. He only used me when he needed me. It's like ... it's like you're dormant, and then, when he needs you, you're activated."

"Okay, so we just wait until he gets activated," Max said.

"No, what if he hurts someone?" Mike asked.

"Mike's got a point. We can't let him hurt anyone," Isadora said.

"She's right, we can't take that chance. We need to find out if he's the host," Mike said, as he started walking away from the group.

"Where are you going?" Eleven asked.

"I have an idea. Boys only," Mike said.

"Seriously?"

"Just trust me on this one," Mike said. Hazel and Isadora looked at each other and shook their heads as the boys disappeared. Meanwhile, Isadora lifted the binoculars up again and once again focused her attention on Billy. As she watched him, she could hear Hazel, Laura, Max and Eleven talking behind her, trying to figure out what the boys were up to, but she didn't really listen as her attention remained focused on Billy. The boys soon returned and soon they were telling the girls their plan to figure out if Billy was a host. After they had told the girls their plan, the boys left to get supplies while Isadora continued watching Billy.

"I'm gonna go help Will. Are you gonna be okay here, Isa?" Hazel asked.

"None of this ... none of it makes sense, Hazel. I mean — I — Eleven has powers, there's something called a Mind Flayer and Billy — Billy could be a host, which might actually explain why he choked me," Isadora said.

"Is that why you have bruises on your neck?" Hazel asked.

"Y-Yeah, but it's fine. I'm honestly fine. You should go and help Will," Isadora said. Hazel looked at her skeptically, but Isadora was quick to wave her away, "Go on. I'll be fine."

"Well, alright," Hazel finally agreed, as she left to help Will and the others organise supplies, while Isadora remained behind with Max and Laura. As they were waiting, Max lifted her walkie talkie up to check in with Mike.

"Mike, are you there?"

"Yeah."

"Where are you guys?"

"I'm coming. Just hold on a second," Mike said. Max put the radio down and Isadora watched as Max lifted the binoculars up and looked through them again.

"God, I hope it's not you. I really hope it's not you," Max said.

"I hope it's not Billy either," Laura said.

"I don't want to believe it's him either, but he's acting really strange," Isadora said. Max looked towards her and Isadora shrugged before the three girls waited for the rest of the group to return. Once the boys, Eleven and Hazel returned, the ground waited around for night to fall, and once night had fallen, it was time for the group to put their plan into action, although there was a small part of Isadora that wasn't convinced that this plan was even going to work. As Billy showered and got changed, the group made their way into the locker room and as Isadora walked past, she stopped as she saw Billy, before Max grabbed her hand and pulled her away.

"Pool's closed," Billy's voice called out, as the group made their way through the locker room, making as much noise as possible and Billy called out again, "Hey! Do you hear me?"

"Shit, he's pissed —" Isadora whispered to Laura and Max, as they crouched behind a wall and watched Billy searching for who was making all the noise.

"Pool is closed!" Billy shouted again, as he banged against a locked door, right as the lights went off.

"Billy!" Mike called.

"Who's there?"

"Billy!" Mike called again in a sing-song voice.

"Who's there?" Billy called out again. As Mike continued to call out to Billy, Isadora shifted uncomfortably.

"Billy!"

"You think this is funny, huh?"

"Billy, come and find me!"

"I find you, it is your funeral."

"Come and get me, come on!" Mike called. As Billy made his way towards the sauna, Isadora looked over and spotted him and Max quickly pulled her back before shaking her head at the blonde.

"Got you," Billy cackled, as he clapped his hands together before making his way towards the sauna.

"Come and get me, you piece of shit," Mike said, as Billy opened the sauna door and made his way inside as he spotted the mannequin and Isadora watched on as he angrily grabbed the mannequin before Max nudged her. At that moment, Isadora stepped forward and stopped beside Eleven as Mike spoke through the walkie talkie, "Hey, behind you!"

"I'm sorry," Isadora said softly.

"Hi," Eleven said, as she used her powers to throw Billy backwards, slamming him into the wall before he fell to the ground.

"Now!" Mike yelled, as the three boys and Max raced to lock the door while Isadora stood frozen beside Hazel, watching as Billy bashed against the door in an attempt to escape.

"Got it," Mike said, as the group hurried behind Eleven and Isadora, and watched as Billy bashed against the door.

"Is —" Billy said, as he met Isadora's eyes.

"Do it," Max said from behind her. Isadora broke eye contact with Billy, as she looked over to where Will was turning up the heat on the sauna.

"Let me out of here! Let me out!" Billy shouted, as he angrily slammed against the door.

"We can't do that, Billy," Isadora told him, as she took a step forward.

"You kids ... you think this is funny? You kids think this is some kind of sick prank, huh? You little shits think this is funny? What is this? Isadora, did you let them do this?" Billy asked her.

"Billy, I —"

"Open the door. Open the door!" Billy shouted, as he slammed his hand against the door and Isadora flinched, as she shook her head.

"I'm s-sorry," Isadora said softly.

"Open the door. Open the goddamn door!" Billy shouted before disappearing from view as Will hurried over to check how hot the sauna was.

"We're at 220," Will told them. Suddenly, the sound of Billy sobbing filled the room and before anyone could stop her, Isadora hurried forward to attempt to comfort her boyfriend.

"It's not my fault. It's not my fault, Is. I promise you, it's not my fault," Billy sobbed.

"What's not your fault, Billy?" Isadora asked him.

"I've done things, Is. Really ... bad things. I didn't mean to. He made me do it," Billy sobbed. It was the second time Isadora had really seen Billy cry and she blinked back her tears as she looked at the boy sitting on the sauna floor, pleading for her help.

"Who made you do it?"

"I don't know, it's like a shadow. Like a giant shadow. Please Is."

"What did he make you do?"

"It's not my fault, ok? Is, please. Please believe me, Is. It's not my fault. I tried to stop him, okay? I did. Please believe me, Is. Please believe me," Billy begged her, as he lay against the bench sobbing. Isadora nodded and blinked back her tears, as she put her hand to the sauna window.

"Is, please."

"It's going to be okay. We want to help you," Isadora told him, unaware that at that exact moment Billy had grabbed a piece of broken brick, as she kept talking to him, "You just have to talk to us, okay? You have to talk to us. I believe you, Billy. We'll figure it out together, okay?"

"I feel him," Will told the rest of the group, as they watched Isadora talking to Billy, "He's activated."

"Isadora, get away from the door," Mike told her.

"What?"

"Get away from the door!" Mike yelled. Suddenly, Billy smashed the window away and Isadora jumped back and yelped as shards of glass flew in her direction and she leant against the wall as Billy leant out the window and bashed against the door.

"Let me out, you bitch! Let me out! Let me out!" Billy screamed, as Isadora backed away towards the wall, as tears rolled down her cheeks. Meanwhile, Lucas flung something at Billy and knocked him to the ground, as Isadora hurried over to where the group was standing, moving to stand behind Max as the lights above them started to flicker.

"Are you ok?" Hazel asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Isadora nodded before looking towards the sauna, "It's not him. It's not Billy."

"I know, Isa," Hazel said.

"We're gonna save him," Laura said and Isadora nodded before looking up at the flickering lights. Meanwhile, the group moved behind Eleven as Billy screamed and slammed himself against the door with Eleven immediately putting her arms out to protect the rest of the group.

"He can't get out, can he?" Max asked.

"No, no way," Lucas said. All of a sudden, Billy slammed through the door and the group moved backwards, all except for Isadora, who moved past Eleven and came to a stop in front of Billy.

"They're just kids. Please let them go. If you want to fight someone, fight me," Isadora told him.

"Isa —" Hazel cried, as Billy suddenly grabbed her by the throat and lifted her up into the air, his hand tightening around her neck and Isadora struggled against him while struggling to breathe, as tears formed in her eyes. Suddenly, a workout bar slammed into Billy and he let go of Isadora, sending her tumbling to the ground, as he flew backwards and was pinned against the wall. Isadora shakily sat up and looked over to where Billy was, as Max hurried over to where the blonde was and crouched down beside her.

"Are you okay, Issi?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Please don't kill him!" Isadora cried. Billy screamed and threw the bar at Eleven, who dove towards the ground, and Isadora looked towards Billy, "No, leave her alone! No, Billy!"

"Issi —" Max said softly, as Isadora made eye contact with Billy, who grabbed a hold of Eleven and lifted her into the air, holding her in a chokehold.

"No! No! No!" Eleven screamed, as she desperately fought for her life.

"Please, let her go," Isadora cried, as Max held her. Suddenly, Mike whacked Billy over the head, knocking him to the ground and freeing Eleven.

"Go to hell, you piece of shit!" Mike yelled, as he went to hit Billy again, but Billy caught a hold of the metal pole and tossed it aside before making his way towards Mike, but suddenly he was lifted into the air and Isadora looked over to see Eleven straining herself as she lifted Billy into the air and flung him backwards through the wall. As Mike caught the collapsing Eleven, Isadora hurried over to the hole in the wall and Billy met her eyes as he stood up before he disappeared into the night. Isadora had no idea what the hell had just happened, but she knew they needed to find a way to save Billy, although she had no idea how they were going to do that and she really hoped that one of her fiends had a plan that would help them save him. 

💔💔

Is may not fully understand what's going on but she would definitely do everything she can to protect the younger teenagers (I.e Max, Mike, Lucas, Will, Laura and Eleven) and her friends.

Enjoy! Xo

💔💔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 216 25
being the new girl in town isnt always easy, your either the popular one or the weirdo. But why can't you be both? Well when y/n dash moves to town w...
470K 6.4K 20
Your life in Hawkins was good although boring. One person managed to not only change that but also to make you feel things you didn't know were possi...
651K 14.3K 52
'He gazed into her teary eyes, she ran her thumb over his bruising cheek. Smoke blew through their lips, mingling in their air. She couldn't stand to...
356 0 37
Stephanie Hargrove was eccentric, and artistic. She loved everything - the littlest things made her happy. She was sassy, but in a funny way which ma...