The Great War | Billy Hargrove

By accio_nicolette

"I vowed not to fight anymore if we survived the Great War." Isadora Jones was not the biggest fan of Billy... More

Introduction
Playlist
Graphics
Prologue
1 | The Project
2 | The Party
3 | Confrontations
4 | Truth or Dare
5 | Apologies
6 | Warnings
7 | Heartbreaks
8 | Mixed Messages
9 | Second Chances
10 | First Dates
11 | Making Things Official
12 | School Dance
13 | Missing Girl
14 | A New Friend
15 | Making Plans
16 | Girls Night
17 | Fixing Things
18 | A Need to Talk
19 | Truths Revealed
20 | Christmas Party
21 | A Christmas Surprise
22 | Graduation
23 | Pool Party
24 | Summer Jobs
25 | Distractions
27 | The Sauna
28 | The Search for Answers
29 | Finding the Flayed
30 | Preparing for the Fight
31 | The Battle for Starcourt Mall
32 | Face Off
33 | Hospital Visits
34 | Aquarium Dates
35 | Goodbyes
36 | Pep Rally
37 | Finding Eddie
38 | Eddie's Truth
39 | The Search for Answers
40 | Saving Max
41 | The Creel House
42 | Finding Watergate
43 | The Upside Down
44 | Vecna's Truth
45 | Battle Plans
46 | Preparations
47 | Luring Vecna
48 | The Piggyback
49 | Aftermath
50 | The Beginning of the End

26 | Finding Billy

157 6 0
By accio_nicolette

💔💔

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN LOCATE HIM FROM HERE?

ISADORA KNEW THIS WASN'T HER BEST PLAN.

In fact, if she was being honest, this was a terrible plan to spy on Billy, but after spending the night tossing and turning, Isadora had decided she needed to try and find answers as to what was going on with her boyfriend. Isadora had figured he would probably be at the community pool today but when she had arrived, she had noticed he wasn't sitting in the lifeguard chair like he normally was, and she started to making her way through the crowd of people who were here swimming, only to notice Heather wasn't here either. Above her, the sky was growing dark and as she was making her way through a small group of people, Isadora heard a loud crash of thunder and she looked up towards the sky. As the sky grew darker, people started being cleared from the pool and as people made their way past her, Isadora wondered if maybe she should have asked Kendra or Hazel to come with her, but she knew they were both busy today. Decided to ignoring the fact people were being asked to leave, Isadora kept searching, but she found no sign of Billy and reluctantly, Isadora decided to give up and go home before the storm hit, but as she was making her way towards the car, she saw Max, Laura and Eleven approaching her and she stopped walking.

"Hi. What are you three doing here?"

"We're looking for Billy," Laura told her.

"Why?"

"Uh —" Laura said, as she looked towards Max.

"Anyways, that's why I was here. He's not here and I honestly have no idea where he is," Isadora told them.

"Has he been acting different?" Max asked her as she looked towards Isadora before her eyes landed on the splotchy bruises across Isadora's neck and as the blonde noticed Max was staring at her neck, she quickly covered the bruises as best as she could with her hands.

"Oh, uh, I mean, a little —" Isadora nodded.

"Come on, I think you should come with us," Max told her. Isadora nodded before following the three girls over to where two lifeguards were reading a magazine and laughing, safely sheltered from the storm, and as the four girls approached, neither lifeguard looked up, not even when Max spoke up, "Excuse me."

"No one in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike, and don't try and argue with me. You want to get electrocuted, go climb a tree," the male lifeguard told the girls. Isadora frowned at him as Max shook her head.

"Yeah, we don't care. We're not here to swim ... or get electrocuted," Max shook her head and Isadora watched as Laura nudged Eleven, who lifted something up to show to the two lifeguards.

"We found this," Eleven told them.

"Does that belong to anybody here?" Laura asked them.

"Oh, yeah, that's Heather's. I'll get it back to her," the male lifeguard told them.

"We could give it back to her," Eleven suggested and Isadora couldn't help wondering what the three young teenagers were up to.

"You could 'cept she's not here; bailed on me today. What is it? You girls want a reward or something?"

"No, we're just ... good samaritans," Max told him. Isadora noticed Eleven was looking at something and she watched as the younger girl walked away from the group and Isadora nodded at the two lifeguards before following Max and Laura over to where Eleven was staring at a picture on the wall.

"What is going on?" Isadora asked, as she walked over to the bulletin board and noticed Eleven was focused on a picture of Heather.

"Heather," Max said.

"Do you think you can find her, Eleven?"

"No way!" The female lifeguard laughed loudly from behind them. Isadora looked over her shoulder at the two lifeguards before looking back to see Eleven grabbing the picture of Heather, before she started walking away from them.

"Wait, how are you planning on finding her?" Isadora asked.

"Come on," Laura said. Isadora looked towards her and Laura shrugged before the girls followed Max and Eleven towards the bathrooms. As Isadora walked in, she looked over at the girls and wondered what the hell was going on and what the three girls were up to. As she walked over to the girls, Laura turned towards her, "We need to turn on all the showers."

"What ...? Wait, why are we turning on all the showers? And why is El putting a blindfold on? What is going on?" Isadora asked, as she hesitantly started helping Laura and Max turn the showers on. No-one said anything at first and Isadora looked over at the two girls, "Max, Laura, what on earth is going on?"

"We'll explain everything later, but not right now. Come on, let's finish turning these showers on," Max said. Isadora nodded and finished helping the girls turn the showers on. Once they were finished, the girls went and sat down beside Eleven, who was covering her eyes with duck-taped glasses and Isadora watched as she did, furrowing her eyebrows together as she tried to figure out what was happening right now.

"What do you see?" Laura asked her.

"What — why are you asking her what she sees?" Isadora asked.

"Issi," Max said, as she looked over at the blonde, who nodded.

"Ok, sorry, I'll be quiet," Isadora said before watching as Eleven made a face and Isadora wondered what was going on right now.

"A door. A red door," Eleven said. For a few minutes, she said absolutely nothing, but suddenly, she pushed the glasses off her face and Isadora could hear her starting to hyperventilate.

"El, what is it? What's going on?" Isadora asked.

"What happened? El?" Max asked, as Eleven hyperventilated. As she was hyperventilating, Isadora noticed Eleven's nose was blooding and Isadora looked between Eleven, Max and Laura.

"Her nose is bleeding. Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" Isadora asked the girls. Laura and Max looked at each other before Max finally spoke up.

"Uh, well, Eleven has powers, which she is currently using to try and help us find Heather," Max explained. Isadora stared at Max as she tried to make sense of what the younger girl had just told her. How did Eleven have powers? Isadora had never believed in the supernatural and a part of her wondered if she should pinch herself right now to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"P-Powers? What the hell are you talking about? And how exactly is this supposed to help us find Heather? And what does any of this have to do with Billy?" Isadora asked the girls.

"By finding Heather, we might find Billy," Laura told her.

"Why would Heather and Billy be together?" Isadora asked.

"We will explain everything later, but right now we have more important things to focus on," Max told Isadora before she turned her attention towards Eleven, "Is it possible Heather could be at her home? I mean, we haven't checked there yet."

"Maybe we should check Heather's house," Isadora finally suggested, as she realised Max probably wasn't going to tell her anything right now, but she hoped the younger girl would explain everything to her at some point.

"Isadora's right. Heather's house might be our best bet at finding Billy right now," Laura nodded in agreement.

"Are you coming with us, Issi?" Max asked Isadora, who looked towards the younger girl and nodded.

"Yes, I want to know what's going on, and besides, I need to talk to Billy," Isadora said.

"What are you going to do if he is at Heather's house?" Max asked her. Isadora shrugged as she looked down at her hands, not knowing what to say. A big part of her was hoping that he wouldn't be at Heather's house, because it didn't even make any sense to her why he would go there but she was beginning to suspect that there was something going on, something that made absolutely no sense to her.

"I don't know, Max, but let's go," Isadora said. Max, Laura and Eleven all nodded before the girls hurried to grab their bikes, and Isadora was glad she had brought her bike with her today and had not walked to the community pool like she had originally planned to. As they rode their bikes in the direction of Heather's house, it was pouring down with rain and while Eleven, Max and Laura were all protected by their raincoats, Isadora was completely soaked through but right now she didn't really care. The girls rode their bikes until they arrived at a house and as the four girls came to a stop, Isadora looked at the house, as Max looked towards Eleven.

"Is this it?" Max asked. Isadora saw Eleven nodding and the four girl dropped their bikes on the ground before making their way towards the house, and Isadora went to knock on the door, but Laura stopped her as Eleven used her powers to blast open the door.

"Wait, we can't just ... alright, I guess we're breaking into the Holloway house then," Isadora groaned, as she followed the three younger girls into the house and started looking around. As she walked in, Isadora could hear some music playing and she looked at Max, before they started making their way down the hallway, only to come to a stop in front of a picture of a young family, and Isadora guessed it was of Heather with her parents.

"This is her house," Max said.

"What?"

"Heather's house," Max replied. Isadora looked at her before she heard laughter filling the house and she gestured to the three younger girls to follow her before the group made their way into the living room and soon reached the dining room, where Billy was eating dinner with Heather's parents and Isadora froze and stared at her boyfriend.

"He's so funny," the mother laughed.

"Max," Billy said, as the four girls came to a stop in the living room. Max, Eleven and Laura were all dripping wet, but none of them were soaked through like Isadora was, whose wet blonde hair was plastered against her face, and she could see Heather's parents were staring at her.

"We didn't mean to ... barge in. We tried to knock, but ... maybe you didn't hear us over the storm," Max said, as Isadora watched Billy, who was chewing thoughtfully on his food.

"I'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?"

"I'm sorry. Janet, Tom, this is my sister, Maxine," Billy said. Isadora started at Billy as he referred to Max as his sister. If she didn't know it before, in that moment Isadora knew something was wrong for in all the time she had known him, Billy had never once referred to Max as his sister.

"Oh!"

"What on earth are you doing here? Is something wrong?" Billy asked, as he approached them and the only thing Isadora could think about was how different and how un-Billy-like he sounded in that moment.

"We just wanted to make sure everything was okay," Laura said.

"Okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?"

"Where is she?" Eleven asked.

"I'm sorry, where is who?" Billy asked, as he focused his attention on Eleven, and Isadora couldn't help noticing that he hadn't even acknowledged her presence since she'd stepped foot into the house.

"Well, they're a little burnt, I'm sorry —" Heather Holloway said, as she walked into the dining room.

"Heather, this is my sister, Maxine and her friends, Laura and Isadora —" Billy said, as he introduced the three girls to Heather, but Isadora stared at him, as he introduced her as Max's friend, and in that moment she felt her heart breaking. Before she had the chance to say anything, Billy focused his attention on Eleven, "And I'm sorry, I did not quite catch your name."

"El."

"El. Now, what is it you were saying, El? You were looking for somebody?" Billy asked her.

"I — I saw — I saw your —"

"Your manager, at the pool. He said you guys didn't come in to work today, so we got worried," Max explained.

"Heather wasn't feeling so hot today, so we thought we'd take the day off to nurse her back to health," Billy told them. At that moment, Isadora clenched her small fists together as she stepped forward.

"Oh, isn't that just fantastic? My boyfriend was here nursing some random girl back to health," Isadora snapped, as she met Billy's eyes and saw a flicker of something in his eyes before he looked back towards Heather.

"But you're feeling just fine right now, aren't you, Heather?"

"I'm feeling so much better. Do you girls want a cookie? They're fresh out of the oven."

"Screw you and your cookies. Let's go, we're clearly wasting our time here," Isadora snapped before she turned and walked out of the house. As the four girls made their way back out into the storm, Isadora couldn't help looking over her shoulder at the Holloway house and as she looked back at the house, she couldn't help wondering why Billy was acting so strange and what he could possibly be hiding.

💔💔

Is took the cookies personally 😭

Enjoy! Xo

💔💔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356 0 37
Stephanie Hargrove was eccentric, and artistic. She loved everything - the littlest things made her happy. She was sassy, but in a funny way which ma...
257K 4.8K 26
Billy Hargrove, resident bad boy from California meets the girl of his dreams, but can he push his ego aside and finally let someone in? - Billy Har...
1.1M 24.3K 67
"I got so many issues. Do you know that?" "You're just as troubled as me" In that moment I realized he and I were exactly alike. --- Billy Hargrov...
91.3K 2.1K 55
NOT SET IN THE SAME TIME// Wanted them to be able to text eachother If we continue to patch eachother up, maybe one day we'll heal together...πŸ₯€ Aft...