All I Ever Asked (N.N.)

By o6livion

(Nick Nelson x OC) Based on Heartstopper graphic novels by Alice Oseman Childhood best friends, to strangers... More

intro - all i ever asked
1. bloom later
2. eventually
3. tolerate it
4. tears over beers
5. daylight
6. jigsaw
7. touch
8. begin again
9. bad habit
10. fifteen
11. crush
12. make you feel my love
13. fallen star
14. miles apart
15. tv
16. all i want
17. mad woman
18. no surprises
19. are we still friends?
20. sparks
21. why
22. something in the orange
23. iris
24. you
25. about you
26. tounge tied
27. happier than ever
29. no surprises
A/N
RIGHT WHERE YOU LEFT ME

28. midnight rain

420 4 0
By o6livion

(unedited) (like really unedited) (like so bad)
POV: NICK NELSON

"She hasn't left her room since Friday." Connor says as we walk up to Iris' door. I haven't heard from Iris since Friday afternoon. The thought of losing her for a third time is unimaginable so i'm not letting it happen.

"Iris it's me." I knock on her door. I hear the springs in her beds as she gets up followed by footsteps. The door opened just enough for me to see her eyes.

"Come." She opens the door enough to let me in.

"Well that was easy." Connor shrugs as he walks away and Iris closes the door behind me.

"Hey." I smile lightly at Iris. She definitely hasn't showered and there is half eaten food all over her desk but she's still so prefect to me.

"Hi." She says below a whisper. I can see tears in her eyes. She doesn't say anything else, she just hugs me tightly. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay."

"It's okay."

"But it really hurts." I cried out in Angela's arms.

"Let's get you to your mom." She wiped the tears from my cheek and held my hand as I limped over to my mom and Iris. Angela and I were playing tag and I fell and scraped my knee on the cement in my backyard. Iris and Mom were playing cards on the patio.

"Nick!" Iris notices me first. I've always loved the ways she cared.

"Oh hun." Mom sighed and walked inside to grab some rubbing alcohol and a bandaid.

"Are you going to die?" Iris hugged me like it was the last time. I started to freak out, we were only 6 so of course I thought I would die.

"Am I?" I hold her tighter.

"No you won't." Mom comes out laughing.

"You aren't leaving us anytime soon, Nick." Angela rubs my head.

"Good." Iris smiled, still holding on to my arm while Mom put a bandaid on.

"Aww you two are adorable." Mom grinned at us.

"Ew! Mom!" I faked a disgusting face to hide my blush.

"What?" Angela laughs. "You're mom and I will be front and centre at your wedding, we've already planned it out."

"I should have called." Iris snaps me back.

"No, don't even worry about it. What happened?" I ask while still holding on to her.

"Bea is back." She sniffles "She didn't come back for me, she came back for Trev. I tried to talk to her but Trev brushed me away and said some... stuff."

"What stuff."

"He called me a horrible person and made me feel like i'm the one that is crazy in this situation."

"You are not a horrible person, Iris." I pulled away to look her in the eyes. "You are the most reasonable person I know."

"I don't know what to do now."

"Well I can try to talk to her if you'd like." I brush my hand through her hair.

"You don't have to get involved."

"But I want to." I reassure her.

POV: IRIS EVANS

"Hey, sweetheart." My mom was cold and pale lying in her bed. She was declared terminal a couple of weeks before and we were told she didn't have much longer. I'd never been scared of death until I seen the amount of pain my mom was going through. "Don't be scared, come here." She opens her arms and I fall into them. I didn't know it would be my last time hugging her. I wish I would have held on a little tighter, a little longer. Dad was on the other side of her. He was strong. He never lost faith. Mom knew what was coming and there was nothing she could do about it.

"I missed you." I said while she let me go. "Why can't I just sleep in here."

"Because..." She pauses. She didn't want me there just in case she didn't make it through the night. "The couch is too uncomfortable for you too sleep in. Now come sit." She moved over a bit and dad gently put his laptop on moms lap. Mom and I had been doing this thing where we plan out my future. She said it's because it can never be too early to plan but she really just wanted to do it because she knew should would not be there. "Ooh look at this dress."

"I like it." I shrugged. I hated it.

"I'm sure Nick would love it." She nudged me. Even on her death bed should could find away to embarrass me.

"Stop." I cover my face smiling.

"Iris?" Nick shakes me back to reality. "I think Trev and Bea are back."

"Oh, ok." I rub my eyes.

"I'll go talk to her." He rubs my back and slowly gets up.

POV: NICK NELSON

"Hey!" Bea greets me as I walk down to the kitchen.

"Hi..." I slowly walk over.

"Why are you here?" She looks confused. "Trev told me you and Iris were like... done?"

"Well if you'd picked up any calls from Iris you'd know we are back together." I furrow my eyebrows.

"I- What?" She stutters. "That is none of your business."

"I really don't want to come off mean here but you are a horrible friend." I can't stop myself from yelling the truth. "Iris has done nothing but put tons of effort into your relationship and then you move to America and suddenly you are too good for her... but not her brother, right?"

"Fuck off, Nick." She crosses her arms.

"What?" Trev comes into the kitchen.

"Nothing, Nick was just leaving." Bea turns towards Trev and smiles. God, she really has changed.

"Suddenly you own the place?" I question. "Alright." I scoff.

"Nick, you should go." Trev's looks between Bea and I. Not happening bud.

"I'm actually good." I smirk.

"Get the fuck out of here." He comes up quickly and grabs my shirt. He's definitely putting on a show for Bea. I rip his hand away from me and he backs up.

"What are you gonna do? Beat me up? See how much my sister likes you afterwards." He let's put a tiny fake laugh.

"I'm not the one that called her a cunt." I shrug

"Boys!" Someone yells from behind us. It's Mr. Evans. "Stop it!"

"You're lucky." Trev grabs Beas hand and I watch them run up the stairs to Trev's room.

"What happened?" Connor appears behind his father.

"Nothing." I shake my head. "I have to go." I rush over to the door and grab my coat. Shit, Iris.

"Nick?" I see her at the top of the staircase. "Let me come."

POV: IRIS EVANS

"Thank you." I say in the middle of silence. We are just walking in pure silence.

"I didn't do shit. I probably made things worse." Nick sigh.

"No, you stood up for me."

"Barley." He rubs his face.

"Nick." I stops walking.

"Hm?" He turns around to look at me.

"I love you and you did all you could. Bea and I are not fixable and i'm fine with that." I hold his face. "Alright?"

"I love you so much." He swiftly grabs me for a hug.

I feel so comfortable with Nick. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I can't imagine a future without him. He is all I think about. He is who I picture getting old with. I've never felt like this about anyone other than him. He has changed my life in so many ways. I want to marry Nick Nelson, not just for the sake of my mother but because i'm truly in love with him.

Well at least that's what I thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 92 19
Here you will find one shots short stories based around Nick and Charlie from Heartstopper. Characters created by Alice OsemanšŸ©·
28.7K 268 20
This is a heartstopper fanfic! I will try to put out a chapter every month! A bit of smut will be seenšŸ«¢
15.1K 347 69
Follow Nick and Charlie through their lives with this heart-warming story! This is my first time writing a story on Wattpad so sorry if the spelling...
64.8K 960 33
this takes place around 5 years after Charlie graduates from university. some smut, All right to the characters go to Alice Oseman!!