The Great War | Billy Hargrove

By accio_nicolette

"I vowed not to fight anymore if we survived the Great War." Isadora Jones was not the biggest fan of Billy... More

Introduction
Playlist
Graphics
Prologue
1 | The Project
2 | The Party
3 | Confrontations
4 | Truth or Dare
5 | Apologies
6 | Warnings
7 | Heartbreaks
8 | Mixed Messages
9 | Second Chances
10 | First Dates
11 | Making Things Official
12 | School Dance
13 | Missing Girl
14 | A New Friend
15 | Making Plans
16 | Girls Night
17 | Fixing Things
18 | A Need to Talk
19 | Truths Revealed
20 | Christmas Party
22 | Graduation
23 | Pool Party
24 | Summer Jobs
25 | Distractions
26 | Finding Billy
27 | The Sauna
28 | The Search for Answers
29 | Finding the Flayed
30 | Preparing for the Fight
31 | The Battle for Starcourt Mall
32 | Face Off
33 | Hospital Visits
34 | Aquarium Dates
35 | Goodbyes
36 | Pep Rally
37 | Finding Eddie
38 | Eddie's Truth
39 | The Search for Answers
40 | Saving Max
41 | The Creel House
42 | Finding Watergate
43 | The Upside Down
44 | Vecna's Truth
45 | Battle Plans
46 | Preparations
47 | Luring Vecna
48 | The Piggyback
49 | Aftermath
50 | The Beginning of the End

21 | A Christmas Surprise

162 4 0
By accio_nicolette

💔💔

I WANTED TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YOU.

IT WAS CHRISTMAS EVE.

And because she was spending today alone, Isadora couldn't help feeling lonely. Ever since she was a young child, Isadora had loved Christmas, but this was her second Christmas without her family and she missed them a lot, especially at Christmas time. And ever since Steve's Christmas Party, Isadora had barely seen Billy or her friends and she was starting to grow worried that she had done something at the party to make Billy and her friends all avoid her. When she had tried to ask her friends what was going on, Steve had reassured her that everything was fine, but as Christmas Eve had arrived, her friends and Billy had disappeared completely and Isadora felt really lonely.

"I guess I'm spending Christmas Eve alone," Isadora softly as she made her way downstairs that morning and looked at the all too empty living room as memories from Christmas when she was younger came rushing back to her. She remembered the nights where she would stay up late with her parents and younger sister, drinking hot coca while they watched cheesy Christmas movies, and afterwards her Dad would blast Christmas music throughout the house and the two of them would dance and sing loudly, while her mum would try to tell them they were being too loud before she would video them as Sophia decorated the house with wrapping paper from the presents their parents had allowed them to open on Christmas Eve. Now, her parents and sister were gone and it was just Isadora on her own, and Christmas was just not the same without them. As she stood staring at the empty living room, there was a knock on the door and she wiped her tears away from her cheeks before she walked over to answer the door, "Hopper? What are you doing here?"

"I need you to escort me to the station, Isadora," Hopper told her.

"What? It's — okay, fine, whatever," Isadora nodded in agreement, as she grabbed her coat and pulled it on before trudging out of the house and following Hopper to his station wagon. As they drove to the station, Isadora stared out the window and couldn't help feeling irritated that she was even having to go to the station on Christmas Eve and by the time they arrived, Isadora was in the worst mood. After Hopper parked the car, Isadora got out and followed him inside.

"I don't understand what I am doing here on Christmas Eve," Isadora said, as she sat down opposite Hopper and folded her arms across her chest, "Am I in trouble?"

"You're not in trouble, Isadora. I just need you to fill out some paperwork that was never completed last year after the accident," Hopper told her. Isadora scoffed as she frowned at him.

"Seriously? It's Christmas Eve and I don't really want to be thinking about what happened last year. This seriously couldn't have waited until another day?" Isadora asked him.

"I'm afraid this can't wait. I need you to complete all this paperwork today," Hopper told her, as he placed some papers down in front of her and passed her a pen.

"This is ridiculous, but I guess seeing as I have nothing better to do right now, I guess I can fill out these stupid papers," Isadora groaned, as she took the pen from him and started flipping through the papers. As she looked at them, she realised this was going to take her hours, but she was completely unaware of the real reason why she was here, for it was a reason Hopper couldn't tell her, but right now, Billy and Isadora's friends were in the middle of decorating Isadora's house with Christmas decorations in order to surprise the blonde.

"So, how exactly did you manage to convince your Dad to help us get Isadora out of the house?" Kendra asked Hazel, as the girls made their way into the house with Eddie and Steve right behind them.

"Well, after Steve told us about Billy's plan to help remind Isa of how much she loves Christmas, I talked to my Dad and with Ellie's help, we managed to convince him that he needed to help us. I was surprised that he was completely onboard with the idea, or that Ellie even helped me to convince him to help us," Hazel said.

"How is Ellie doing?" Kendra asked.

"Well, she seems to be doing better but she has also been spending a lot of time with Max lately. I think she is still coming to terms with the fact that Dad has taken Eleven in," Hazel said, before smiling over at Beatrix, who was in the living room with Billy, helping to prepare the Christmas tree and the group walked over to join them.

"How mad do you think Isadora is right now?" Kendra asked, as she placed some VCRs down by the television.

"Why would she be mad?" Billy asked.

"Hazel convinced her Dad to take Isadora to the station and keep her busy while we decorated the house," Kendra explained.

"Oh," Billy said, as Kendra nodded.

"Wait a second, I thought we agreed we were just going to find a way to keep Isadora busy?" Steve asked.

"Yes, and that's what I did," Hazel shrugged.

"I just really hope she's okay. She was already worried that she had done something to make us all mad at her," Steve said, as he grabbed some decorations and helped hang them up on the tree.

"Wait, she was?" Billy asked.

"I guess we've been so busy planing this surprise, we were kind of avoiding her," Kendra said.

"I tried to reassure her that everything was fine, but I don't think she believed me," Steve replied.

"Hopefully this will cheer her up," Kendra said, as she walked over to the kitchen to join Hazel and help make the hot cocoa. Soon, it was ready to go and Kendra looked over to where Billy was.

"Okay, so there are Christmas movies ready by the TV and the hot cocoa is ready to go. You'll just have to heat it back up when Isadora gets here," Kendra told Billy, who nodded as he, Beatrix and Steve worked on decorating the Christmas tree.

"I found this box in the attic," Eddie said, as he walked downstairs and made his way into the living room with a box in his hands. As he placed it down beside the tree, Billy looked over and saw there were more decorations in the box and he carefully lifted one out. The word Princess was painted on it, surrounded by little yellow stars and Billy smirked as he placed it on the tree, having a feeling that Isadora had made this decoration. As they were pulling decorations out of the box, Billy came across a small framed picture and as he pulled it out, he ran his fingers over the picture of a very young Isadora hugging a baby girl, who looked exactly like Isadora and Billy guessed it was her sister.

"Isadora has a sister?" Beatrix asked quietly, as she looked over at the photo her twin brother was holding. Billy didn't respond as he placed the picture on the tree for he knew it wasn't his place to tell people about Isadora's family. Beatrix watched him momentarily before she want back to decorating the tree as the three of them finished making sure it was decorated perfectly. Soon, the place was decorated and once it was ready, the others said goodbye and headed home so they could spend some time with their families while Billy waited for Hopper to arrive with Isadora, unaware the blonde was completely irritated, having spent half the afternoon filling out paperwork that Hopper had created to keep her distracted.

"Come on, I'll give you a ride home," Hopper said, as Isadora finished filling out the last page sitting in front of her.

"Oh, you mean I am finally free to leave?" Isadora asked him.

"It's Christmas Eve. I'm not totally heartless," Hopper told her.

"This really couldn't have waited until after Christmas?" Isadora asked, as she followed Hopper out of the station and over to his car.

"I'm afraid not, kiddo," Hopper told her. Isadora frowned as she got into the car before Hopper drove her home. When they arrived, Isadora thanked him before she made her way across the snow-covered driveway and up the stairs before she walked into the house. As she walked inside, she noticed there was tinsel decorating her staircase and she stopped walking as she stared at the staircase before looking over to the living room and her eyes widened when she saw the Christmas tree, before spotting her boyfriend sitting on the couch.

"Billy?" Isadora asked and at the sound of her voice, Billy stood up and turned towards her.

"Hi, Is," he smiled.

"What — what's going on?"

"Well, you told me that you weren't really looking forward to Christmas and I kind of wanted to do something to make it special for you, but maybe it was kind of stupid —" Billy started but trailed off as Isadora walked past him and over to the pile of VCRs that were sitting beside the TV.

"Christmas in Connecticut, Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Story," Isadora read out the names of the movies before she looked around the living room and smiling as she turned back towards Billy, "It wasn't stupid, Billy. This is the sweetest thing anyone haas ever done for me."

"There's also hot cocoa," Billy told her, but Isadora wasn't listening as her attention as her attention was drawn towards the Christmas tree and as she walked over to it, she spotted the Princess decoration hanging from it and she smiled as she looked at it.

"I think I was about eight or nine when I painted this. Thank you for this, for all of this," Isadora said, as she walked over and hugged him tightly, and Billy smiled as he kissed the top of her before letting her go and going to heat up the hot cocoa. Once it was ready, he carried the two cups into the living room and handed one to Isadora, who smiled as she took it from him and took a sip, "Mm, this is delicious. Did you make this?"

"Uh, I had some help from Kendra and Hazel. Well, they made it actually. I don't know how to," Billy shrugged, and Isadora looked towards him, as she took a sip of her hot cocoa before putting the mug down.

"This is really amazing, but are — are you sure it's okay that you're here with me and not at home with your —"

"It's fine, Is. They won't miss me," Billy shrugged.

"I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"Well, when you and I first started working on the project together, I kind of accused you of not having shit going on at home and assumed you were just avoiding doing your half of the project, and for that I'm sorry."

"It's fine, I forgive you, Is. You didn't know what was going on," Billy said.

"Well, I still shouldn't have assumed you didn't have anything going on. It was wrong of me and you were right, I was acting like an entitled princess."

"I'm sorry, can you please say that again?"

"Absolutely not, I am not saying it again," Isadora groaned, as she rolled her eyes at him.

"Do you remember the day I showed up to your house and you thought I had a new girlfriend?" Billy asked.

"Uh, yeah — not that I really want to think about that because I now know she's your cousin," Isadora grimaced before frowning at Billy, "Of course I remember that day. You were injured pretty badly and I think you told me you had been in a fight."

"I wasn't exactly in a fight. It was my father who did that to me," Billy told her quietly.

"Oh, Billy, I am so sorry," Isadora said, as she rested her hands on his knees, "If you ever need a place to stay, you're always welcome here."

"Thank you, Princess," Billy said before kissing her. After he let her go, they settled on one of the movies and after they put it on, Isadora snuggled into Billy, sipping on her hot cocoa as they watched the movie. After the movie was finished, Isadora remained snuggled up against Billy, his arm lazily wrapped around her and she smiled happily as Billy played with her hair.

"Oh, I didn't have time to get you a Christmas present," Isadora cried, as she pulled away from Billy and sat up straight before turning to look at him.

"I don't need anything, Is, because I have everything I need right here. I have you," Billy told her. Isadora blushed, as she tilted her head to the side and Billy continued, "Can I tell you a secret?"

"Yes, of course."

"I'm in love with you too, Isadora Jones."

"I love you too ... wait, what do you mean you're in love with me too, Billy? I have never told you how I felt? Did I tell you ... no, because I wanted to —" Isadora trailed off as she realised Billy was smirking at her.

"Is, you yelled it at Amanda at Steve's Christmas party. I'm pretty sure everyone who was at that party knows you love me."

"I cannot believe you heard me at the party. That wasn't how I intended for you to find out how I felt," Isadora groaned.

"It was pretty adorable, Is," Billy told her before kissing her. Isadora wrapped her arms around him and kissed him back, feeling really happy and she knew she was completely and totally in love with Billy Hargrove.

💔💔

Enjoy! Xo

💔💔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

651K 14.3K 52
'He gazed into her teary eyes, she ran her thumb over his bruising cheek. Smoke blew through their lips, mingling in their air. She couldn't stand to...
75.7K 1.8K 35
Y/n and Billy Hargrove fanfic. Y/n has had a rough life. Her mom is an addict and she's spent her life taking care of her little brother. Billy Hargr...
12.9K 358 38
Kali found herself falling in love with the bad boy. Turns out they have more in common then she first thought.... ⚠️TW⚠️ Will contain: Bad Language ...
143K 3.1K 20
Billy Hargrove was everything i lived for. We made so many great memories. i cant lose him. Not now, not ever. He's still in there. You dated Steve...