The Great War | Billy Hargrove

By accio_nicolette

"I vowed not to fight anymore if we survived the Great War." Isadora Jones was not the biggest fan of Billy... More

Introduction
Playlist
Graphics
Prologue
1 | The Project
2 | The Party
3 | Confrontations
4 | Truth or Dare
5 | Apologies
6 | Warnings
7 | Heartbreaks
8 | Mixed Messages
9 | Second Chances
10 | First Dates
11 | Making Things Official
12 | School Dance
13 | Missing Girl
14 | A New Friend
15 | Making Plans
16 | Girls Night
17 | Fixing Things
18 | A Need to Talk
19 | Truths Revealed
21 | A Christmas Surprise
22 | Graduation
23 | Pool Party
24 | Summer Jobs
25 | Distractions
26 | Finding Billy
27 | The Sauna
28 | The Search for Answers
29 | Finding the Flayed
30 | Preparing for the Fight
31 | The Battle for Starcourt Mall
32 | Face Off
33 | Hospital Visits
34 | Aquarium Dates
35 | Goodbyes
36 | Pep Rally
37 | Finding Eddie
38 | Eddie's Truth
39 | The Search for Answers
40 | Saving Max
41 | The Creel House
42 | Finding Watergate
43 | The Upside Down
44 | Vecna's Truth
45 | Battle Plans
46 | Preparations
47 | Luring Vecna
48 | The Piggyback
49 | Aftermath
50 | The Beginning of the End

20 | Christmas Party

169 6 3
By accio_nicolette

💔💔

IS THAT THE ONLY CHRISTMAS SONG YOU KNOW?

"IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR."

As Isadora sang her favourite Christmas song, Kendra smiled as she looked over to where her best friend was standing. The friends had all gathered at Steve's house and were helping him to set up for his Christmas party tonight, and Isadora had even managed to talk Billy into helping them.

"That song brings back memories," Kendra told Isadora, who stopped singing and looked towards her best friend before shrugging.

"Yeah, but not all of them are good memories, Ken. If it wasn't for you, Steve, Eddie, Ellie and Hazel, I don't know how I would've even gotten through Christmas," Isadora said.

"We're always going to be here for you, no matter what," Kendra told her. Isadora nodded and smiled at her best friend before she walked over to a nearby table, where Billy was also standing and she began re-arranging the decorations on the table, humming away as she did.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year," Isadora sang, making Billy look towards her.

"Is, do you know any other Christmas songs or are you just planning to sing that one song on repeat?" Billy asked, as he looked towards Isadora, and she stopped singing and made a face before she walked over to help Steve and Kendra prepare the drinks, humming away as she walked away.

"Did I say something wrong?" Billy asked, as he looked over to where Hazel was standing.

"That song is special to Isa," Hazel explained, as she glanced over to where Isadora was helping Kendra prepare platters of food.

"I didn't know," Billy said quietly.

"Look, I know this isn't really your kind of thing, but it is Isa's or at least it used to be. And I know she used to love that song, so that's part of the reason why it's the only Christmas song she sings," Hazel said. Billy nodded and looked over to where Isadora was, feeling really bad that he had unintentionally upset her. Isadora noticed Billy looked at her and she smiled at him before returning her attention towards her conversation with Kendra. Meanwhile, there was a knock on the door and Steve went to answer it. As he did, Isadora looked over, watching as Steve spoke to a girl with blonde hair and Isadora froze as her eyes widened.

"Why is she here?"

"Who?" Kendra asked, as Isadora grabbed a drink and took a few mouthfuls before continuing.

"That girl who is talking to Steve. I saw her get into Billy's car, right around the same time as when he started avoiding me," Isadora explained, as the girl walked into the party with some bags in her hands and Isadora watched as Billy went and hugged the girl. Almost immediately, Isadora grabbed another drink before Kendra had a chance to stop her and took a few sips before clenching her hands together as Steve re-joined the two girls.

"Who is that girl that Billy's hugging?" Isadora asked, as she took a few sips of her drink and grimaced as the burning sensation from the alcohol hit the back of her throat.

"The blonde? That's Paige, I believe she's Billy cousin," Ellie said, as she joined the conversation. Steve looked from Ellie to Billy and Paige, before he looked back towards Isadora and seeing the look of horror on Isadora's face, he chuckled and shook his head.

"What's so funny, Steve?" Kendra frowned at her boyfriend. Before Steve got the chance to answer the question, Isadora realised what Ellie had said and she tore her attention away from Billy and Paige and stared at Ellie, as she realised what had just been said.

"Wait ... you mean to tell me that the girl I thought he was sleeping with when he was avoiding me is actually his cousin?" Isadora asked, feeling embarrassed she had ever been jealous of the girl.

"Wait, you thought Billy was sleeping with her?" Kendra asked.

"Uh ... yeah," Isadora muttered as she looked down at the ground.

"No, Max told me she's his cousin and they were pretty close apparently, so she visits from California sometimes," Ellie shrugged.

"Oh, Is, if you could see the look on your face right now," Steve chuckled. Isadora frowned as she walked over to where he was standing and punched his arm, making Steve glare at her, "Okay, that hurt."

"You deserved it, and I didn't punch you that hard, you baby," Isadora retorted, as Billy walked over to join the group, gently touching Isadora on the lower back and she turned her attention towards him.

"Hi," she smiled.

"Is, this is my cousin, Paige," Billy said, as he introduced the other girl to Isadora, who nodded and smiled.

"Isadora Jones. It's nice to meet you."

"Hi, it's lovely to meet you too. I can't stay, but I did pick these up for you," Paige said, as she placed the bags down in the kitchen before she hugged Billy again and waved at the others as she left the house, "It was nice meeting you."

"She's not staying?" Isadora asked.

"No, Paige isn't really one for parties and she's heading to the airport now as she's flying back to California tonight, but she agreed to drop some stuff off for us on her way home," Billy explained.

"See, you don't have anything to worry about, Is," Ellie teased, making the blonde frown at the younger girl.

"Nothing to worry about? What are you talking about? What's going on?" Billy asked, as he looked between Isadora and Ellie, before watching as Isadora made herself another drink and he frowned as he watched her, "Is, you might want to slow down on the drinks."

"Why? I'm totally fine," Isadora shrugged.

"You're sure about that?" Ellie asked, as she watched Isadora swirl her drink around in the cup before taking another drink and Isadora nodded.

"Okay, so maybe I was momentarily jealous of Paige but I'm totally fine now —" Isadora retorted before quickly covering her mouth, as her cheeks burnt bright red at the realisation of what she had just blurted out.

"You were jealous?" Billy asked, as Isadora glared at Ellie, who was trying her best to hold back her laughter, as Steve walked over to help Kendra finish setting up.

"Okay, it was black when you were avoiding me. I saw her getting your car and I thought —"

"Oh, Isadora, gross. She's my cousin," Billy grimaced.

"Okay, well how exactly was I supposed to know that? I saw a random girl getting into your car one afternoon after school and so I thought —"

"Please don't finish that sentence," Billy groaned.

"Okay, I won't," Isadora laughed, as Billy shook his head and walked away from her. Isadora laughed and returned to helping Kendra finish preparing the platters for the party. Soon, the party was starting and by the time it did, Isadora was pretty tipsy but when she heard the doorbell ring, she weaved through some of the people who were starting to gather in the house and made her way over to answer the door before letting out a squeal as she saw who was standing on the other side of the door, "Bea!"

"Hi, you seem drunk," Beatrix laughed before stumbling as Isadora flung her arms around the other girl, "Issi, please get off me."

"Come on, come meet everyone!" Isadora cried, as she grabbed Beatrix's hand and stumbled into the house with Beatrix right behind her before making her way over to where her friends were.

"Who's this, Isa?" Kendra asked, as the two girls joined the group.

"This is Beatrix," Isadora smiled as she introduced her to everyone before she spotted Billy and she grabbed Beatrix's hand before pulling her over to where Billy was standing.

"Hi, Love. What are you doing?" Billy asked, as the two girls joined him.

"I wanted to introduce you to my friend, Beatrix. And this is my boyfriend, Billy," Isadora smiled happily as introduced the two to each other. Beatrix and Billy looked at each other before they both started laughing as Isadora looked between the two of them, "What's so funny?"

"Is, I already know Beatrix," Billy told her.

"W-What? How? Oh, please don't tell me you've slept with her too," Isadora grimaced.

"God, there is not enough alcohol in the world to burn those words from my memory," Beatrix groaned.

"Don't worry, she was jealous of Paige too. Is, Beatrix is my twin sister," Billy told her.

"Your — you have a twin sister ...?" Isadora asked, as she looked between the two of them and as reality set in, she covered her mouth as she realised what she had just asked Billy, "Oh, my God! I just asked you if you had slept with your twin sister."

"Please stop saying it," Beatrix begged, as she turned her head to the side and pretended to throw up.

"Oh, my God. I just introduced you two to each other and you just let me. Wait, why didn't you tell me you had a twin sister? And why didn't you tell me that your last name was Hargrove?" Isadora asked, as she looked between the two of them and tried to process what had just happened.

"No-one knows that Beatrix is my sister," Billy shrugged.

"I honestly thought Max was your only sister," Isadora said.

"She's not my sister," Billy snapped.

"That's a touch subject, Issi," Beatrix told her. Isadora looked towards Beatrix, who shrugged as Billy continued.

"I don't really like talking about my family and Beatrix didn't want anyone knowing that she's related to me," Billy explained.

"Wait, why not?" Isadora asked, as she looked towards Beatrix.

"All of my life, most of the girls have only wanted to be friends with me because they think they can use it as a way to get to my brother, by being friends with me. No-one has ever really wanted to be my friend just for me, at least not until I met you," Beatrix said.

"Wait, so — did you know I was talking about Billy that night I ran into you?" Isadora asked.

"I kind of figured you were talking about him, but I could also tell that that night you really needed someone to be a friend and just listen to you, and I just wanted to be that friend for you. I kind of guessed that if you had known I was related to Billy, there was a chance you wouldn't have spoken to me and I figured at the time, you didn't really want to hear the name Hargrove mentioned. I mean, you were pretty angry with Billy," Beatrix said.

"Wait, when did you two meet?" Billy asked the two of them.

"We met the night of the dance. Beatrix was the one person who knew exactly where I was hiding," Isadora explained.

"Wait, you knew and you never said a word to me?" Billy asked.

"I made her promise not to tell anyone that she knew where I was," Isadora said, as she looked between the Hargrove twins, her cheeks growing warm as embarrassment took over, "I cannot believe you two didn't stop me from introducing you to each other. You know what, I'm gonna go and get another drink."

"Is, wait," Billy called, as Isadora started walking away from the group and she stopped walking and turned to look at him as he asked, "You're not mad with us, are you?"

"No, I understand why you didn't tell me about Beatrix and why she didn't tell me her last name. I feel like a little bit of an idiot for introducing you two to each other when you already knew each other, but I'm not mad with either of you. Now, I'm gonna go and get a drink. Do you want to come with me?" Isadora asked Billy.

"Of course I do, Princess."

"I'm gonna go and find my other friends," Beatrix told them before she disappeared into the crowd, while Isadora and Billy went to grab some drinks together and Billy smirked as he watched Isadora pour herself a drink.

"So, is Little Miss Perfect going to dance on any tables tonight?" Billy asked teasingly. Isadora rolled her eyes at him as she took a sip of her drink.

"Oh, absolutely not. I have embarrassed myself enough tonight so I have absolutely no plans to drink enough to want to dance on tables," Isadora retorted, not realising she would come to embarrass herself even more later that night. As the night continued, Isadora and her friends danced, drank and had fun dancing together, but later, Isadora was on her way back from the bathroom and was making her way across the dance floor when she found herself colliding with Amanda and she stumbled a little before frowning, "Oh, it's you."

"You may think he cares —" Amanda started but the drunken blonde was quick to cut her off.

"Oh, just give it up already. Billy chose me and you're just going to have to get over it. And I have decided that I don't care what you're about to say because I know that Billy cares about. And you know what, you're not going to scare me off because I am in love with Billy Hargrove and I am not going to let you or anyone else ruin our relationship again," Isadora confessed, unaware that Billy and Steve were standing nearby and had heard every word Isadora had just said.

"You're honestly pathetic if you really believe he cares about you," Amanda said.

"Well, then I guess I'm pathetic and you know what, that's totally fine with me. Goodbye, Amanda," Isadora said before walking over to where Hazel and Kendra were dancing and she smiled as she joined the two of them, dancing along to the music and laughing happily as Hazel twirled her around in a circle before she stumbled and Billy was quick to catch her, making Isadora smile up at him, "Oh, hi."

"Hi there, Princess," Billy smiled down at her before helping her stand back up. Isadora blushed before giggling as she danced with her friends, blissfully unaware that Billy had heard her confess that she was in love with him. 

💔💔

Happy chapter featuring some slightly awkward moments 😂

Also Is never saw Beatrix at the Hargrove house (she's only been there once anyway) and Beatrix doesn't really go to school (although she did come for the performance) so that's how Is has never run into her and doesn't know she's Billy's twin sister until now.

Enjoy! Xo

💔💔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 8.4K 60
am i naive to think that he could be the love of my life? [stranger things - post season 2, pre season 3] [female oc x billy hargrove]
9.3K 216 25
being the new girl in town isnt always easy, your either the popular one or the weirdo. But why can't you be both? Well when y/n dash moves to town w...
91.3K 2.1K 55
NOT SET IN THE SAME TIME// Wanted them to be able to text eachother If we continue to patch eachother up, maybe one day we'll heal together...🥀 Aft...
147 12 11
*BOOK TWO* Billy Hargrove, now attending Hawkins Community College, hasn't changed much since high school. What will happen when the self proclaimed...